Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Danny
Head Coach

WW 100: Game over!

The game will have a 24 hour deadline which takes place at 9 eastern.

Start date is January 11th![/b] Roles will go out January 10th.

The basic rules are this:

Each player, as they sign-up, will be able to add a rule or a role to the game. This rule can't contravene someone's existing rule/role and I reserve the right to reject a rule if I feel it will unbalance the game beyond repair. After sign-ups are closed, I will then go through the rules/roles and do as little adding as is necessary in order to balance the game. The idea is to have this game be decided upon by the community.

Rules:

Deadline - 24 hour deadline which takes place at 9:00 PM EST

Night Orders - Conditional allowed but the conditions must be specific (cannot be: "if a seer is revealed kill them")

Tie Lynch - No lynch

Nightfall - Only if unanymous (including the one being voted for)

PM's - PM's received from the GM cannot be quoted in thread, penalty will be loss of vote, night action and posting privileges for a day/night period

Village Win - Kill all of the wolves

Zombie Win - Reach a 1:1 ratio with the village

Borg Win - outnumber all other players

Last edited by Danny : 01-11-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Danny
Head Coach

1. Render
2. Hoopsguy - Lynch Day 7, Distracter
3. Schmidty
4. Darth Vilus
5. Abe Sargent - Night Kill Day 2, Bodyguard
6. Autumn - Night Kill Day 4, Vampire
7. Real Deal - Killed by Kwhit Day 4, Love em or Hate em guy
8. EagleFan - Night Kill Day 3, Seer
9. Lathum - Night Kill Day 1, Reborn Day 2, Night kill Day 7
10. PurdueBrad
11. DaddyTorgo - Lynch Day 1, Crazy Granny
12. Jackal
13. Ntndeacon
14. J23 - Lynch Day 6, Ballot Box Stuffer
15. CrimsonFox - Night Kill Day 6, Slut
16. Saldana - Lynch Day 5, Governor
17. Dubb - Lynch Day 8, Whiny Bitch
18. Path - Night kill Day 8, Resurrectionist
19. Kwhit
20. Henry - Lynched Day 4, Ghost Whisperer

Last edited by Danny : 01-20-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

Roles/Rules:

Good:

Crazy Granny: Whenever Crazy Granny is targeted at night, by anyone, she pulls out her shotgun and shoots that person dead.

Schizophrenic- Each night, a die roll determines what role this person will have. The possible roles are seer, bodyguard, fake seer, weak bodyguard (overpowered and killed if the person they are protecting is attacked but the protected person will live), slut, and witness (follow a person and get info on their actions or what happens to them). The trick here is that the player will NOT know what role they actually have when they submit their action each night, they simply submit a name of a person who they wish to use their random power on (they can include themselves). Each day a new role is spun/issued.

Vampire (Good): This vampire settled down in this village and blends in well.
Once every 2 cycles, the vampire sucks blood from a villager of his choice. They control that villager as well and get their vote for that cycle. (He tells the GM in secret whose vote he gets. The villager does not know who controls his vote.)

Bodyguard: You may guard one person each nigh but will not find out the result of the guard or discover identity. You may self guard but may not guard the same person two nights in a row.

Seer: You may scan one person each night to see if they are a wolf.

Evil:

Good/Bad/Neutral
Mobster: Each day the Mobster may (put someone on ice) for 24 hours. The person may not post in the thread until after the following night's deadline.

Aware - this role (can be villager or wolf) will know if they were the target of another role action.

Ballot-Box Stuffer: This person gets two votes, but the fact they have two votes is not explicitly revealed. In other words, when that person votes, during the day, their vote is counted on the tallies as one vote, but when the vote is finalized, that person's vote will be counted as two (without revealing who had the extra vote). The two votes are always used and the person does not get to only use one if they choose.

The Slut: Every night you can target one player. That player will be unable to take any actions that evening. They will know if it stops them from taking an action that it is because they spent the evening engaging in strenuous activities with The Slut, but will not learn your name.

Borg: Starts the game off as neutral. If targeted at night by any action other than a NK, turns that player into a Borg. The affected player will have their memory wiped and will not know they have been converted, nor think anything malicious happened. Only the original Borg has this power. If at any time the Borg outnumber other players, the Borg player wins.

Ghost Wisperer: Once per day you may send and receive one PM from one dead player. This PM may be no more than 20 words long and may maintain the integrity of the game ( nothing like " Clap told me he is a wolf after he killed me"). The GM must be copied on these PM's.

Vengeful God: You are a vengeful god. Cross you once, shame on you. Cross you twice? Death to them. The first player in the game to cast a vote for you twice (note this includes votes that have been unvoted) will be struck dead by you. This role can be either good or evil.

Resurrector - May, once per game, bring a dead player back into the game as a vanilla player for their side (i.e. vanilla wolf or vanilla villager). If it was a player who was lynched, the resurrector may not have voted for that player.

Distractor: The Distractor nullifies the vote immediately following theirs. This also means they would nullify the first vote of the next day if they are the last one to vote on a particular day.

Whiny Bitch: you constantly annoy other WW players by whining about how you die on the first day or night all the time and then you go to the whining thread and bitch about it some more...if you are the target of the night kill on the first night, or the winner of the lynch vote on the first day, you will be spared, just so no one has to listen to you cry like a little girl for the next 8 or 10 days while the game continues to be played. if this power is activated, you must change your Sig to include the phrase "I am a whiny bitch" which must be left there for the duration of WW 100. failure to add this to your sig in a timeframe dictated by the GM will result in your instant and splendiferous death.

The Governor - May issue a one time pardon of a player that is being lynched, if pardoned the player's role will be revealed but they will not be lynched.

The Love or Hate em Guy- Half of the players in the game will have have their votes counted against you twice as they secretly hate you and half will not have their vote count at all as they secretly love you. Each night you will of one player from each list.

Gladiator: If this person is lynched, he/she gets to pick someone to duel. There is a 50/50 chance of that other person being killed instead of the person voted out.

Survivor - The first time this player is either lynched or attempted to be night-killed, he/she is immune. After this ability occurs, it isn't available the rest of the game.

Soothsayer: You may once per game examine the statement of a player to determine whether or not they are telling the truth.

Last edited by Danny : 01-14-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

Important Posts
Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
RendeR
Coordinator

In!

Mobster: Each day the Mobster may (put someone on ice) for 24 hours. The person may not post in the thread until after the following night's deadline.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
hoopsguy
General Manager

Aware - this role (can be villager or wolf) will know if they were the target of another role action.

Example #1 - if they are scanned, they will be notified that they were scanned but not by who.
Example #2 - if they are protected by the bodyguard, they will be notified that they were protected but not by who.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am so in.

Do I have to post my special rule/power thing again?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I am so in.

Do I have to post my special rule/power thing again?

Please
Old 12-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I won;t be able to play because I don;t get back from vacation until late on Jan 6.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
Danny
Head Coach

Hmm, maybe I will move the start date back a couple days to give some people extra time to get back from vacations.

Also, for the theme of the game, what I would like to do is match up roles with characters in previous werewolf games who lived through.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #11
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Im in!

I'm gonna give my role a little thought first though

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #12
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in, especially if it's bumped back a bit. I'll have to ponder the rule though.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
Danny
Head Coach

I bumped the date back a couple days to the 7th as a start date.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

We need to make this the biggest game ever.

Someone needs to get BK and Cronin back for one last swan song.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

That would be great, to get some old players back. Hit the telephone lines folks!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #16
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Ill signup.

My role is the ballot-box stuffer. This person gets two votes, but the fact they have two votes is not explicitly revealed. In other words, when that person votes, during the day, their vote is counted on the tallies as one vote, but when the vote is finalized, that person's vote will be counted as two (without revealing who had the extra vote).

I think it's a fun role because it can be figured out by the other players by looking at old votes and because it leaves some uncertainty in the final vote count.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In, rule later

Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

In, will come up with a rule later as well.
EagleFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

In, rule will come later.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #20
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in, still working out my rule as well.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm in, will probably go with inferno hunter rule but gimme some time to think it over.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #22
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Ill signup.

My role is the ballot-box stuffer. This person gets two votes, but the fact they have two votes is not explicitly revealed. In other words, when that person votes, during the day, their vote is counted on the tallies as one vote, but when the vote is finalized, that person's vote will be counted as two (without revealing who had the extra vote).

I think it's a fun role because it can be figured out by the other players by looking at old votes and because it leaves some uncertainty in the final vote count.

A couple of tweaks to this role:

1. The person with the role gets two votes every day whether they want it or not. They can't choose to use less than two votes on a given day. This puts more strategy into the equation because the person with the role has to think about how to vote to not give themselves away too early.

2. Votes can't be split on different people.

3. I actually think this would be more interesting as a wolf role than a villager role, but it could go either way.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
Autumn
Head Coach

It occurs to me that some rule or role ideas don't really work if publicized. Are we going for all public roles/rules, or is it okay to maybe PM rule ideas?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #24
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It occurs to me that some rule or role ideas don't really work if publicized. Are we going for all public roles/rules, or is it okay to maybe PM rule ideas?

All public (at least all your submitted roles). Reason being is that it can give an unfair advantage to the person who submitted the hidden role unless everyone knows about it.

I will say this, in order to address the full reveal to find the wolves, I expect many roles to be under the multiple side / ambiguous category, even if they normally may be a villager only role. I hope to have most assumptions about a role having to be good or bad go out the window. I think it has to be this way for a game with everyone having roles to work.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #25
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

IN
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here's my role, and it's from one of my previous games:

Crazy Granny: Whenever Crazy Granny is targeted at night, by anyone, she pulls out her shotgun and shoots that person dead.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #27
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Okay, here's my role, and it's from one of my previous games:

Good roles as well?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #28
Danny
Head Coach

Thats what I assumed.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #29
The Jackal
Coordinator

Here's my role, open for tweaking depending on how the balance looks next week.

Borg: Starts the game off as neutral. If targeted at night by any action other than a NK, turns that player into a Borg. The affected player will have their memory wiped and will not know they have been converted, nor think anything malicious happened. Only the original Borg has this power. If at any time the Borg outnumber other players, the Borg win.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #30
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Here's my role, open for tweaking depending on how the balance looks next week.

Borg: Starts the game off as neutral. If targeted at night by any action other than a NK, turns that player into a Borg. The affected player will have their memory wiped and will not know they have been converted, nor think anything malicious happened. Only the original Borg has this power. If at any time the Borg outnumber other players, the Borg win.

Wait, how would the Borg grow in numbers?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #31
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Wait, how would the Borg grow in numbers?

Only if the original Borg is targeted by a night action (seer, BG, wolf scan, or any other of the random roles in this game that will have a night ability). So the original Borg would have to be targeted by multiple roles throughout the game to increase its numbers.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #32
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I'm simply going to go with The Slut.

The Slut: Every night you can target one player. That player will be unable to take any actions that evening. They will know that this is because they spent the evening engaging in strenuous activities with The Slut, but will not learn your name.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #33
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Only if the original Borg is targeted by a night action (seer, BG, wolf scan, or any other of the random roles in this game that will have a night ability). So the original Borg would have to be targeted by multiple roles throughout the game to increase its numbers.

Oh I get it, it turns the player taking the action into a Borg. I misunderstood. Very cool.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Good roles as well?

Yup

Old 01-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #35
Danny
Head Coach

Bump, need to things in if we are to start next week.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #36
RendeR
Coordinator

Come on people lets get your asses moving!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #37
Autumn
Head Coach

This needs to be big. Did we advertise in the OT board yet?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #38
The Jackal
Coordinator

Probably going to have to postpone a few days unless everyone shows up in the next day or two!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #39
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok I am in if I am not too late. with a role of bbodyguard. I know a little boring, but one I did not see listed as of yet.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #40
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm in also if not too late.

Role: Distractor

The Distractor nullifies the vote immediately following theirs. This also means they would nullify the first vote of the next day if they are the last one to vote on a particular day.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Role:

Vampire (Good) - This vampire settled down in this village and blends in well.
Once every 2 cycles, the vampire sucks blood from a villager of his choice. They control that villager as well and get their vote for that cycle. (He tells the GM in secret whose vote he gets. The villager does not know who controls his vote.)

Werewolves can sniff the extra blood on the vampire. They can choose two people each turn, indicating their first choice AND their second. If either of these is the vampire, the werewolves kill the vampire (due to werewolves hating vampires). If neither are vampires the first choice is the one that dies.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #42
hoopsguy
General Manager

Welcome to FOFC Werewolf, CrimsonFox.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #43
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, this role may be too much and if it is Danny, then simply add me to the game with no rule.

Schizophrenic- Each night, a die roll determines what role this person will have. The possible roles are seer, bodyguard, fake seer, weak bodyguard (overpowered and killed if the person they are protecting is attacked but the protected person will live), slut, and witness (follow a person and get info on their actions or what happens to them). The trick here is that the player will NOT know what role they actually have when they submit their action each night, they simply submit a name of a person who they wish to use their random power on (they can include themselves). Each day a new role is spun/issued.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #44
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Alright, this role may be too much and if it is Danny, then simply add me to the game with no rule.

Sounds cool, so I'll make it work somehow
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #45
Schmidty
Coordinator

Resurrector - May, once per game, bring a dead player back into the game as a vanilla player for their side (i.e. vanilla wolf or vanilla villager). If it was a player who was lynched, the resurrector may not have voted for that player.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #46
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'll play.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #47
saldana
Pro Starter

ill play

im going to go with a little bit more refinement on my original role

you are the whiny bitch..you constantly annoy other WW players by whining about how you die on the first day or night all the time and then you go to the whining thread and bitch about it some more...if you are the target of the night kill on the first night, or the winner of the lynch vote on the first day, you will be spared, just so no one has to listen to you cry like a little girl for the next 8 or 10 days while the game continues to be played. if this power is activated, you must change your Sig to include the phrase "I am a whiny bitch" which must be left there for the duration of WW 100. failure to add this to your sig in a timeframe dictated by the GM will result in your instant and splendiferous death.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #48
Autumn
Head Coach

That's fantastic, we should have all done meta-game roles like that.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #49
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My role:

Vengeful God - You are a vengeful god. Cross you once, shame on you. Cross you twice? Death to them. The first player in the game to cast a vote for you twice (note this includes votes that have been unvoted) will be struck dead by you. This role can be either good or evil.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #50
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ghost whisperer

Once per day you may send and receive one PM from one dead player. This PM may be no more than 20 words long and may maintain the integrity of the game ( nothing like " Clap told me he is a wolf after he killed me"). The GM must be copied on these PM's.

Last edited by Lathum : 01-11-2010 at 07:36 PM.