wow, im on a trust list.... that rare

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #352
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Someones was looking for adult supervision.

Here I am bitches.

Boy, talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire ;-)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #353
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
clap you absolutely cleared yourself in my eyes by how you unvoted then voted again AND you were paying attention!

Autumn on the other hand was either a slow typist, not paying attention, or he WAS paying attention and is a wolf trying to save the warlock's identity. If the third is the case than both Autumn and saldana would be wolves then tho.

I give you option three, I'm a fast typist, and thought I was paying attention, but did poor math in the 30 seconds I had to try to fix the vote.

I'll grant you it could be some kind of clever wolf play, I suppose, but I don't think a wolf is going to add another two votes to the cunning wolf in the last 30 seconds. And if Saldana was bad especially, I would save the cunning and kill the other.

But I'm fine with that, I certainly don't think I gave myself a gold star to the extent that some of the other votes on Darth did.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #354
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't see anyone who has a case on them nearly as bad as EF's.

Vote EagleFan
Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #355
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If we want to find the warlock why don't we have a 5 way tie today. 5 people with 3 votes each. We then easily narrow down the list of potential warlocks and are quickly on our way to nailing wolf number 2.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #356
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: What did we really lose from yesterday? Best case the vote remains a tie and we have a 1 in 4 chance of finding the warlock. 1 in 4? That is about the same percentage as finding a wolf with selecting any random group of 4 players. Worst case is we lose a villager and have a 1 in 7 chance of finding the warlock. 1 in 7!!!! random.org could give you better odds of finding a wolf.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #357
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Revised trust list:
Villagers: clap
Probable villagers: kwhit Schmidty Martin
Who the hell knows: dubb Autumn j23 jackal
Really suspicious wolflike: Saldana - suspected by Danny outloud at the end, also voting doesn't match his commentary
Golden-Eagle - Voted saldana to save darth. This would make sald innocent of course
PurdueBrad - looked guilty to Danny but changed vote TO darth from tie. LEast suspicious of the 4
realdeal - voted GE then Kwhit. I already suspect GE so I THink he voted for wolf GE just for fun then tried to nail Kwhit.
Eaglefan - The voting at the end despite being the first one that liked the idea of fleshing out the warlock. Tries to clear DV. Tries to throw guilt on saldana. 1st to escalate to 2 votes on anyone.

Order: EF, realdeal, Golden Eagle, saldana, purduefan, Autumn

I'd be careful declaring anyone a villager at this point without a seer stepping forward with a scan or a display of a villager power.

I'm also not sure why I'm in the "who the hell knows" bucket when I was the first one to vote Darth yesterday and didn't move it off when I had all day to do so.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #358
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
If we want to find the warlock why don't we have a 5 way tie today. 5 people with 3 votes each. We then easily narrow down the list of potential warlocks and are quickly on our way to nailing wolf number 2.

Why not just tie all the votes at 1 a piece? That gives us the warlock in one day.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #359
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

While you're right that this is potentially a better method than we tried last night, and J23's is even better, it's ironic that now you're suggesting the "tie it" method when you demonstrated last night the danger of using it. Whether you're a wolf or a villager, someone coming in last minute and deciding they don't like the idea ruins it.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #360
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I aplogize to everyone if they think that I went too far. I just don't appreciate someone saying that "I think you are all idiots". I made a bad play and you can judge it however you like on that basis.

On the plus side, it turned out well for us. (but I'm not trying to use that as an excuse for keeping me)

I will step aside and let someone else take my spot if you feel that I went too far. If the consensus is okay with my staying, I will remain.

RendeR's here now so it must be about to calm down...

You've said this kind of thing 3-4 times now. Just to make sure the people who read the thread quickly understand what really happened:

It turned out well for us IN SPITE of you, not BECAUSE of you.

If you would have had your way, we would not have lynched Darth (the cunning wolf) and still would not have learned anything about where the warlock was. It was only because of people reversing your last second vote that we got any kind of decent result at all.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #361
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Why not just tie all the votes at 1 a piece? That gives us the warlock in one day.

this would be great, but I think you would have a hard time coordinating it....i know i dont have the time but if you posted instructions (very soon, so everyone has time to see them) for everyone on exactly who to vote for, I would definitely be down with this.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #362
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Isn't the easy way for everyone to vote for the person below them on the initial list and then the bottom person votes for the top person?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #363
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

1. EF
2. CF
3. Saldana
4. KWhit
5. Clap
6. RealDeal
9. Autumn
10. GE
11. J23
12. PB
13. Render
14. Spleen
15. Schmidty
16. Jackal
17. Poli
18. MartinD

So using the above (with the dead removed), we would have each player vote the one below them and then Martin D would vote all the way back up at #1, EF.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #364
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My vote is actually and conveniently (no, not my plan) going the same way with the plan or where I really wanted to go anyway.

In the dubb-EF debate, I just don't see EF making that play as a villager and I was starting to get a last game vibe from dubb prior to the manager inserting a pinch-hitter for him.

vote dubb/RendeR
Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #365
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Basically, we have not much evidence except for one really fishy vote by EF. Maybe he's right that no wolf would do something like that, but it's by far the best lead we have this round so far.

vote Eaglefan
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #366
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote PB

subject to change if we don't get everyone on board.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #367
saldana
Pro Starter

vote kwhit

following the plan
Old 01-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #368
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote realdeal
sure why not

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #369
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I'll go on and tell everyone I'm not going to do the 15 way 1 vote tie. It's too hard to pull off at this time and we'll just blow it like we blew the tie yesterday.

Later in the game when we have fewer players we can do this, but it's too much logistically right now.

Call me a wolf, whatever, but I'm not going to waste my time on a WW game dedicated to a voting circle jerk.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #370
J23
College Benchwarmer

It really isn't that hard to pull this off. There's really no way to blow it either, since anyone that doubles up their vote on people would cause a big red flag when/if that person's target gets lynched.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #371
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
It really isn't that hard to pull this off. There's really no way to blow it either, since anyone that doubles up their vote on people would cause a big red flag when/if that person's target gets lynched.

logically, you are correct, but this isnt the first time a coordinated vote has been attempted, and it has never worked in the past, and the post directly above yours is evidence enough that it isnt gonna work here either.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #372
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am checking in for the morning. Going to get some coffee and then try to get caught up.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #373
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm sorry if you mistook my desire to flesh out the warlock for indecisiveness, CF, you could read my posts, ya know.

I find it very hard to believe we are going to be able to pull this voting scheme off, not sure I've seen anything like it, but I'll roll with it for now.

VOTE POLI
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #374
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I must have missed it, but how does the virtual tie of the vote
flesh out this warlock? His vote takes out one of us, but I didn't see anything suggesting we would know who cast the extra vote. Am I missing something?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #375
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I must have missed it, but how does the virtual tie of the vote
flesh out this warlock? His vote takes out one of us, but I didn't see anything suggesting we would know who cast the extra vote. Am I missing something?

if everyone gets onboard and votes for the person they should we will all have 1 vote, but because of the minion, the warlock counts twice, so whoever dies, the person that voted for him must be the warlock, with the minion being the tiebreaking vote...it wont show up in the vote history, but its the only way someone would get lynched in a 1:1:1:1:etc vote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #376
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, he doesnt get to vote for one person and have the minion vote for someone else...he just counts 2x.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #377
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ah I guess I was misunderstanding the minion part...I was thinking the minion would be some sort of silent vote that could be all together separate.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #378
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can get onboard with this but I would like to see what happens with EF as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #379
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure I like this plan for two reasons: we already have a pretty solid candidate in EF and this is letting that stew for a day or two. And the chances of coordinating this correctly are very slim. It's very easy for someone to make the "wrong" vote and explain it off as a mistake, or not understanding, or disagreeing, etc.

That said, if we're going to do it, starting this early is a good way to go. I will change my vote for now, but if it doesn't look like it's working by evening I'm going to change back.

unvote eaglefan
vote goldeneagle
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #380
Poli
FOFC Survivor

unvote crimson fox

vote martind

did I do this right? If not I can correct
it later.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is there anyone who can commit to posting an
accurate vote count at deadline? I should be on during the day to keep track but will be out at deadline. I can do the results from the phone but keeping track of votes and any late movement may be to much a pain.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #382
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote nightfall
unvote dubb/RendeR
vote CrimsonFox

I suggested the 5 way tie as I figured that may be easier to pull off than the 16 way tie but I'm fine with finding us a wolf. Even better yet if the person below the warlock is a wolf.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #383
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Of course with RealDeal committing to not work with the plan it pretty much ruins the 16 way tie attempt already. (which makes the 5 way tie slightly more achievable, or 8 way if we want groups of 2)
Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #384
MartinD
High School Varsity

The mass tie sounds like a good idea in theory, but putting theory into practice usually ends up with Murphy's Law getting involved somewhere along the line...

That said, I'll cast my vote in line with the plan for now - will be back online later on to see if there are any changes.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #385
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
You've said this kind of thing 3-4 times now. Just to make sure the people who read the thread quickly understand what really happened:

It turned out well for us IN SPITE of you, not BECAUSE of you.

If you would have had your way, we would not have lynched Darth (the cunning wolf) and still would not have learned anything about where the warlock was. It was only because of people reversing your last second vote that we got any kind of decent result at all.

I have NEVER said that it happened because of me. Try reading my posts a bit.

At least my gut was right about something, that there was a wolf in the choice of two, I just happened to make the wrong choice.

I took a chance and it caused a mess. But it caused a mess that we can learn from AND we nailed the cunning thanks to that mess. If we play it right we can get the warlock next and we will be in very good shape.

We are technically in much better shape now than we could have possibly been in if the "tie plan" went through as it was yesterday.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #386
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Is there any value in having the priest resurrect whoever gets lynched today (assuming it is not a wolf) so that they aren't out of the game just for going along with the plan?

My reasoning is that at that point, we should have two wolves nailed (Darth and the warlock) and the priest and who they resurrect gets us a nice start at a COT.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #387
J23
College Benchwarmer

The only problem with the plan would come from people not buying in.

If everyone votes according to the plan, we end up with the warlock clearly standing out. However, if someone (like RealDeal currently) votes for someone else, then the warlock's solo vote could create a tie w/ any double votes out there. If this doesn't happen, I would look very closely at those who work to make it fail because a 1:1 trade for a wolf (2:1 if you count the NK tonight) is certainly in the village's best interest.

I hope you reconsider RD. What we have on EF is hardly rock-solid (and will still be there tomorrow and the next day), whereas we can get a lot clearer evidence from a coordinated vote today.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #388
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The only problem with the plan would come from people not buying in.

If everyone votes according to the plan, we end up with the warlock clearly standing out. However, if someone (like RealDeal currently) votes for someone else, then the warlock's solo vote could create a tie w/ any double votes out there. If this doesn't happen, I would look very closely at those who work to make it fail because a 1:1 trade for a wolf (2:1 if you count the NK tonight) is certainly in the village's best interest.

I hope you reconsider RD. What we have on EF is hardly rock-solid (and will still be there tomorrow and the next day), whereas we can get a lot clearer evidence from a coordinated vote today.

I agree, unfortunately any one person can make the vote completely useless. If we get a tie we won't know anything. We'd have no choice but to lynch the person who doesn't follow the vote since it would be in the best interest of the wolves to pull that. I'm hoping by starting early enough we can pull this off and convince people.

Someone also needs to be checking to make sure everyone votes on the right person so we don't have any "mistakes".
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #389
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Is there any value in having the priest resurrect whoever gets lynched today (assuming it is not a wolf) so that they aren't out of the game just for going along with the plan?

My reasoning is that at that point, we should have two wolves nailed (Darth and the warlock) and the priest and who they resurrect gets us a nice start at a COT.

The only risk is that the wolves manage to NK the seer, and we dont have a rez to bring them back. If they hit the BG, they can just hit them again that same night since their powers wouldn't be back in time to protect themselves.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #390
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The only risk is that the wolves manage to NK the seer, and we dont have a rez to bring them back. If they hit the BG, they can just hit them again that same night since their powers wouldn't be back in time to protect themselves.

Well another risk is the Priest getting killed tonight by our plan. Since we don't know who would get killed by the warlock we run the risk of having someone important killed without the chance to talk us out of it. We'll just have to hope it's anyone but the priest.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #391
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am in favor of the 1 vote for each person to see who the Warlock is. At this point, I think every villager needs to follow this plan. As far as I am concerned, if you don't follow this plan, you're a wolf.

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #392
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Someone also needs to be checking to make sure everyone votes on the right person so we don't have any "mistakes".

From PB's list, the votes SHOULD look like this according to the plan:

EF votes for CF
CF votes for Saldana
Saldana votes for KWhit
KWhit votes for Clap
Clap votes for RealDeal
RealDeal votes for Autumn
Autumn votes for GE
GE votes for J23
J23 votes for PB
PB votes for Render
Render votes for Spleen
Spleen votes for Schmidty
Schmidty votes for Jackal
Jackal votes for Poli
Poli votes for MartinD
MartinD votes for EF
Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #393
Autumn
Head Coach

If RealDeal does not change his vote, we could have MartinD vote me instead of EF (I think RealDeal voted for EF, right?). That should get things back in line.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #394
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
If RealDeal does not change his vote, we could have MartinD vote me instead of EF (I think RealDeal voted for EF, right?). That should get things back in line.

That is correct.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #395
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
If I was a wolf my change would still have not protected the warlock as the 1 vote difference would have come up a tie and everyone would still know the warlock was on darth.

I made this move believing that saldana was a wolf and that the warlock was on darth.

I took a chance and it didn't pay off for me, but at least it paid off for the village.

Quote:
Don't let dubb steer you on this one. I made a bad decision, plain and simple. Fortunately it turned out for the best for us. If we kept it at a tie we would have at best learned where the warlock was and potentially had the cunning scan/cleared at some point.

The biggest arguement against me is the ILLOGICAL one that the warlock voted for the cunning. That would be the ONLY way that my vote "saved" the cunning.

Quote:
I aplogize to everyone if they think that I went too far. I just don't appreciate someone saying that "I think you are all idiots". I made a bad play and you can judge it however you like on that basis.

On the plus side, it turned out well for us. (but I'm not trying to use that as an excuse for keeping me)

I will step aside and let someone else take my spot if you feel that I went too far. If the consensus is okay with my staying, I will remain.

RendeR's here now so it must be about to calm down...

Quote:
I have NEVER said that it happened because of me. Try reading my posts a bit.

At least my gut was right about something, that there was a wolf in the choice of two, I just happened to make the wrong choice.

I took a chance and it caused a mess. But it caused a mess that we can learn from AND we nailed the cunning thanks to that mess. If we play it right we can get the warlock next and we will be in very good shape.

We are technically in much better shape now than we could have possibly been in if the "tie plan" went through as it was yesterday.

I've read all of your posts. very closely, in fact. And when you say "hey, we're in a better position now because of what I did" four times, it comes across as someone who is trying to "spin" the outcome of last night to their favor.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #396
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't feel great about RD's vote yesterday when there were already a bunch of candidates and if he continues to not go along with the plan when the majority of the village agrees it's worth a shot - it's looking bad for him.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #397
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm with kwhit.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #398
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Claphamsa

The plan makes sense to me.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #399
J23
College Benchwarmer

What I have as of post 398:

(284) Render votes for EF
(322) EF votes for Render
(329) Scmidty votes for EF
(349) Poli votes for CF
(354) Autumn votes for EF
==Plan comes together==
(364) PB votes for Render
(365) RealDeal votes for EF
(366) J23 votes for PB
(367) Saldana votes for Kwhit
(368) Clap votes for RealDeal
(373) Jackal votes for Poli
(379) Autumn unvotes EF, votes for GE
(380) Poli unvotes CF, votes for MartinD
(382) EF unvotes Render, votes for CF
(384) MartinD votes for EF
(391) Spleen votes for Schmidty
(398) Kwhit votes for Clap

All votes in play now follow the plan except for Schmidty, Render (both before the plan was hatched) and RealDeal (after the plan).
Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #400
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I've read all of your posts. very closely, in fact. And when you say "hey, we're in a better position now because of what I did" four times, it comes across as someone who is trying to "spin" the outcome of last night to their favor.

Yupyup! I was just about to say "Why are we following the advice of someone who we think is a wolf? Are we that easily swayed?"
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote