But you felt really guilty about it!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #402
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
But you felt really guilty about it!

Oh...yeah, that's right. I did, I did, I felt really bad. I wrote an epic poem in fact honoring your bravery and courage and your cruel treatment at the hands of the dastardly Fates. How could I forget?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #403
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

haha
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #404
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Ahhhh, never mind then. Well then I'm in the same camp as CR. Killing Lathum makes no sense then because he's a lightening rod for controversy. I would suspect then he may have been close to something. Looking at his list of suspects, I'll happily stay where I'm at.

Or the wolves just wanted to get a good player out of the game early.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #405
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

No shot at Darth here by any stretch but why not D1 if that is the purpose?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #406
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Although I guess we could be falling for a wolf trap. Kill Lathum here and if you look at some of his last meaningful posts he mentions exactly what Danny warns about, the people that voted for two villagers each. Maybe the wolves think we'll just follow that list.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #407
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
No shot at Darth here by any stretch but why not D1 if that is the purpose?

And there are a ton of experienced players, including KWhit,myself, Danny, you, etc. Why take out the "good player" with all the controversy linked to him?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #408
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
And there are a ton of experienced players, including KWhit,myself, Danny, you, etc. Why take out the "good player" with all the controversy linked to him?

And that was kind of my question to KWhit regarding his thoughts that they killed Lathum D2 "to get a good player out of the game early." As I said before, and Lathum in particular, is a lightening rod. Hitting him here is a surprise unless they were worried IMHO.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #409
Autumn
Head Coach

I missed the part about Cavanaugh in the writeup. I had assumed it was a kill by Marks both because the flavor suggested that, and because it makes so little sense for the wolves to kill Lathum at that point. Even if he was onto something, killing him points an arrow at that which they could have avoided until he was lynched. If they did kill him on purpose I assume it's because they want us to follow that path for some reason. I'll wait to hear from GE about what the writeup means.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #410
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Having a hard time getting past the Kwhit-CF relationship.

CF votes immediately for KWhit, KWhit then retaliates. CF then moves his vote to me, I know, self preservation... KWhit then sees an opportunity to move his vote and takes it by moving to me, claiming to prevent a tie.

Obviously I know I am good so it is easy for me to come to these conclusions.

Quote:
At the time Autumn was considering a move and DT was online as well. There was still time for things to happen. As a villager I can only process the info I have. You switched fro CF to me after you guys voting for each other earlier in the day. That looks suspicious to me.

Quote:
I a really suspicious of CF at this point but I also think there may be another wolf who was on me. I am an easy sell as a day 1 lynch candidate. Killing DV is also a move I can see CR making.

What really worries me is I can see CF as the cunning trying to get scanned but I a trying to work on the fact that when I focus on something I tend to not let it go.

Other thoughts are that DV had a useless vote which leaves Poli and J23 as the only other 2 with useless votes. I'm not counting Danny since CF had a lot of heat up until the end, which also makes me wonder.

Quote:
There are just as any cases that can be made for others, I feel wolves are going to try hide their votes on me.

KWhit bailed off of you late and moved to me, sure it was to avoid a tie but that doesn't mean he wasn't trying to save you.

DT voted for me early, maybe it is because he knows the ball can get rolling on me fast, maybe it was to deflect attention against other people. Autumn then jumps on me. What is odd is neither of them end up with there votes on me in the end.

CF's vote for e makes sense as a self defense vote. But then very quickly CR and RD vote me. This looks to me like someone may be triyng to save CF and put the heat on me. If either CR or RD votes CF it puts him up by 2.

now at that point Pass hadn't voted yet, obviously he is going to vote me or CF to save himself. If CF is up by 2 it makes it that much eaiser for Pass to vote CF and put more distance there.

In the EF and Autumn come to my rescue, so when I come back good it makes them look better in my eyes.

Right now I don't trust CF because despite what he says I can see a situation where he is trying to get scanned. If CF is bad I would look to RealDeal and CR next.

Kwhit is last on my suspicion list because he was breaking the tie and that is perfectly plausible.

Others that stick out are Poli for his non committal vote and Danny for voting CF then just leaving it there.

Again feel free to ask any questions, I would love some dialogue today if for no other reason if I a lynched it will give us something to go by.

Quote:
So Telle, Danny, DT, and myself have voted two days for a known villager.

These are some of Lathum's more meaningful posts. Long list of suspicions but he eventually backs off of KWhit from the KWhit-CF discussion. The rest I'll leave w/o comment, just collecting them.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #411
Autumn
Head Coach

Knowing that day 2 the village was likely to keep chasing up the trees of CF and Lathum, I woiuld expect the wolves to try to encourage that early and then lay low late. So I will probably be voting from some of the early votes on those two contenders.

6 - CrimsonFox - KWhit (201), Telle (224), Lathum (227), Poli (229), Danny (273) DT (313)
3- Lathum - Chief Rum (185), EagleFan (192), RealDeal (244)

KWhit, Telle, Chief Rum and Eaglefan are where I will likely be picking from unless inspiration strikes.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #412
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

PB's post makes me realize I need to stop thinking outloud...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #413
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wait, did someone just call Lathum a good player?

I kid, I kid.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #414
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I will have to make my vote here soon. I have a boys basketball game tonight (Noah is playing in his league's championship)...it starts just before the deadline. I won't be locked in to the game, I hate basketball and it's not like he's actually my kid...but I'm going because he's a former player of mine. I'll have my phone, but no promises as to checking in.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #415
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I suppose I could be punished for publicizing the way I'm going to vote in a game. There are worse ways to go. I do find it amusing that I didn't catch flack for it in the last game and yet, here we are a few days later and I catch a vote for it.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #416
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I hate to think of it along these lines...but I'm looking at the experienced players, no offense intended to anyone. I guess I should say the ones I'm somewhat familiar with. Something's got to give.

Vote PurdueBrad

I'll stir the pot.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #417
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #416:

1 - Danny - EagleFan (355)
1 - DaddyTorgo - PurdueBrad (356)
2 - PurdueBrad - Danny (372), Poli (416)
1 - Poli - KWhit (381)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #418
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really don't like the vote PB has placed on DT. I believe DT to be on our side and I felt like yesterday kind of proved it to me.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #419
Autumn
Head Coach

I hate to add to the vote list, but we do still have five hours and I feel strongest about someone not on the list. Chief Rum is on the list of four I posted earlier who voted earlier yesterday, but more importantly reading his posts has just given me a clue. He seemed very excited earlier today to get the village thinking a certain way, it just gave me a bad feeling. That's all I've got to go on, but I feel pretty good about it.

Vote Chief Rum
Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #420
Danny
Head Coach

I do kind of get that feeling about CR as well.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #421
Telle
College Starter

Hmmm.. for some reason Chief Rum jumped out at me as well.. couldn't quite put a finger on why though. But then I again I haven't been reading as closely as I normally do either.

I might go that route if I can't think up anything better in the next 45 minutes.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #422
Danny
Head Coach

Autumn's vote also make me feel a little better about him.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #423
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Wait, did someone just call Lathum a good player?

I kid, I kid.

Cue the "Blade6119 tirade" in 4 ... 3 ... 2 ....
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #424
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cue the "Blade6119 tirade" in 4 ... 3 ... 2 ....

Nah. That decleration confused me as well.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #425
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I hate to add to the vote list, but we do still have five hours and I feel strongest about someone not on the list. Chief Rum is on the list of four I posted earlier who voted earlier yesterday, but more importantly reading his posts has just given me a clue. He seemed very excited earlier today to get the village thinking a certain way, it just gave me a bad feeling. That's all I've got to go on, but I feel pretty good about it.

Vote Chief Rum

I don't know what the "clue" you're seeing is, but whatever it is, it's a bad read. I'm a vanilla villager with nothing going for me but me wits.

I did a post earlier today about an interpretation of the meaning behind the night kill, but you may have noticed, I wasn't the only one coming up with that, and most who did post seemed to be in agreement with me.

Lynching me doesn't really hurt the village, since I bring nothing, really, to the team, but it would delay things further, which is something we can ill afford after losing four villagers, including the BG, in the first two days.

As to the rest of you, Telle, you always think I am suspicious. Danny, you usually have a good read on me, so maybe now I can feel better that whatever trips I have made in clueing you in to me no longer seem to work.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #426
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just as an example, even in the last game in which the wolves did something very rare, MartinD was the key. If the villagers had stuck to the plan to out the warlock and realized the warlock had his vote stuck on a fellow wolf, it would make sense for other wolves to vote there as well to gain trust. There is always patterns and percentages to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

I think there are a number of good players in this game. Unless they're wolves, Lathum would seem to be one of the later ones to take out with the heat that he was getting already.

Sorry that I've been quiet this game. My week has been crazy with the city being shut down w/ the snow here.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #427
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
...As to the rest of you, Telle, you always think I am suspicious...

Yeah but sometimes I'm right!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #428
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Yeah but sometimes I'm right!

True!

(not this time, though...)

Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #429
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I really don't like the vote PB has placed on DT. I believe DT to be on our side and I felt like yesterday kind of proved it to me.

Thanks Poli. Wasn't it PB (or was it Danny) who was thinking I was a villager yesterday too. If it was PB that's a stunning turn of thought in so short a time, based on i dunno what exactly because I haven't been massively active.

If it wasn't PB...I like Autumn today. He's been all over the place (or so it seems to me) trying to drum up support for voting for different people everyday. Very wolfish sorta "cast names out there until one of them sticks then run with it" type of behavior.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #430
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

In fact...I'll put my money where my mouth is, at least temporarily, before I leave for home.

VOTE AUTUMN
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #431
Telle
College Starter

Ok, I gotta run. There's a slight chance I'll be back before deadline, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

So, I'm going with my often-wrong gut.

vote Chief Rum
Old 02-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #432
Danny
Head Coach

My vote is staying put, If PB is a wolf then I think it's likely there is also a wolf between Autumn and Telle.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #433
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My vote is staying put, If PB is a wolf then I think it's likely there is also a wolf between Autumn and Telle.

Did you hash out the reasoning for this above? If so, just say yes and I'll look for it when I get home and would be open to moving to PB, assuming that I agree with your reading of the situation.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #434
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Did you hash out the reasoning for this above? If so, just say yes and I'll look for it when I get home and would be open to moving to PB, assuming that I agree with your reading of the situation.

Yes I did, although the reasoning I used also applied to Autumn, so I am not against your vote either.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #435
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I love how PB has basically ignored my concerns.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #436
J23
College Benchwarmer

Care to share your reasoning Danny?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #437
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes I did, although the reasoning I used also applied to Autumn, so I am not against your vote either.

I'll have to find your reasoning to confirm. I was leaning toward Autumn as well, mostly because of his read on me, which, IMO, sounds like a vague reach. Also, it struck me as odd that he would paint me as "trying to get the village to think one way" when I wasn't even the only one saying what I was saying. Just smacks of working too hard to frame up a target. That, and I know he's also dead wrong on me.

I'll vote Autumn for now to get my vote out there, and I'll follow up in a bit to see your reasoning for suspicion on both he and PB, Danny, and to see how it potentially fits with the theory on Lathum's suspicions.

VOTE AUTUMN

Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #438
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

If it wasn't PB...I like Autumn today. He's been all over the place (or so it seems to me) trying to drum up support for voting for different people everyday. Very wolfish sorta "cast names out there until one of them sticks then run with it" type of behavior.

I think you'll find in nearly every game I prefer to think out loud with my thoughts, narrow things down to a short list and then vote. That's what I've done today. I don't think I've been all over the place, as far as i remember I made a list of four names and then picked one. I don't think you can accuse me of "seeing what sticks" since I was the only vote on Chief when I picked it I am however well aware that my thinking out loud tends to get me votes. So be it.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #439
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I love how PB has basically ignored my concerns.

Stuck in a meeting but referring to your concerns about me and trust of DT:

Quote:

Which part of it, arguing with Lathum (the BG), having voted Lathum previously (again, the BG), voting for Crimson Fox (a good guy) or because nobody jumped to help bury him which the wolves could've done to get me blamed if they wanted to (unless maybe he's one of their own)?

Obviously lots of sarcasm above, hopefully not rude (never meant that way).

Note to self: No epic poem about Poli.

Also very unsure of my Telle-Autumn link.

Be back around 7
Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #440
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'll have to find your reasoning to confirm. I was leaning toward Autumn as well, mostly because of his read on me, which, IMO, sounds like a vague reach. Also, it struck me as odd that he would paint me as "trying to get the village to think one way" when I wasn't even the only one saying what I was saying. Just smacks of working too hard to frame up a target. That, and I know he's also dead wrong on me.

I'll vote Autumn for now to get my vote out there, and I'll follow up in a bit to see your reasoning for suspicion on both he and PB, Danny, and to see how it potentially fits with the theory on Lathum's suspicions.

VOTE AUTUMN

I agree that Danny was following the same reasoning, which is why your move pinged me. It sounded to me like someone pushing a mite too hard to agree with what Danny was putting out there. It felt like you were working to get people to buy this angle.

Obviously you're not going to agree with that, whether you're a wolf or a villager. But I'll just put out for the village that it seems my vote on CR, and a couple follow up votes on him, have hit the biggest nerve of the day in terms of backlash. That's interesting.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #441
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I agree that Danny was following the same reasoning, which is why your move pinged me. It sounded to me like someone pushing a mite too hard to agree with what Danny was putting out there. It felt like you were working to get people to buy this angle.

Obviously you're not going to agree with that, whether you're a wolf or a villager. But I'll just put out for the village that it seems my vote on CR, and a couple follow up votes on him, have hit the biggest nerve of the day in terms of backlash. That's interesting.

Go back and check my initial post laying out what I was saying (that Danny was reciprocating). You'll see it's a long post. I started it before most of the posts prior to it had been started. Between typing, checking things and doing other stuff (like my job, I am at work ), the time span from when I started that post to when I hit "Submit" was in the ballpark of 20 minutes or more. Most of the posts by others that had the same relevant information were posted in that time frame. I wasn't piggybacking anyone or trying to link myself with anyone, and I was as surprised as anyone else when I saw much of my line of thinking was being thrown out by others as well at about the same time (in shorter bursts than mine).

There's only one other vote on me besides yours (Telle's), and I'm not sure how you can classify this as "the biggest nerve of the day" when there seem to be equally village-engrossing discussions of your own candidacy, and PB and DT, among others. Autumn, it still feels like you're trying to drum up another target, and your statements here are at best rather exagerrated, at worse, complete falsehoods.

In my mind, this only confirms to me you're a person of some interest.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #442
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The writeup should have stated that Willie Marks made the kill.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #443
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I am leaving work now and will be offline until after deadline. I'm not sure of the vote count right now, so if I am in danger, nothing to be done about it. Feel free to review what I have written if you have any questions.

As I said before, I am nothing but a vanilla villager, so if I buy it, it's not a huge loss. Still, with two days of poor results, it will be a rough go for the village to add a third poor day. So I recommend against voting me.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #444
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
The writeup should have stated that Willie Marks made the kill.

Oh freakin' heck...that's like a whole day's work thrown out.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #445
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have to make this quick, as I have to go. This is bad for us, as it almost certainly means the wolves know who Capone is.

Whoever is Capone, I recommend you make your Duke move tonight if you have anywhere near a "good" feeling on someone, because you're probably going to be taken out tonight.

Assuming that GE's announcement means Capone the player was indeed targeted, and Capone was not a "flavor" addition.

GE, please confirm for us that Capone's presence in the writeup is confirmation the player Capone was protected by Lathum, and not flavor.

It probably goes without saying, but we should confirm this to be sure.

As for my vote, it throws out our threories on what Lathum's suspicions were, and puts us back to Capone likely giving a hint that Lathum picked up on (and presumeably the wolves did as well). My vote was based, though, on my feeling that Autumn was being intentionally misleading and vague in his description of my role in the game today. That's not really affected by this new information, so I will leave my vote on Autumn.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #446
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll move for self-defense but I'm staying. I was willing to vote DT when I assumed Lathum made a block so this doesn't change that for me. Those of you voting for me, I don't have much other than I'm vanilla and I'm not a wolf that actively pushes a person's lynch and this is the second day I've been on DT. That's really it.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #447
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
There's only one other vote on me besides yours (Telle's), and I'm not sure how you can classify this as "the biggest nerve of the day" when there seem to be equally village-engrossing discussions of your own candidacy, and PB and DT, among others. Autumn, it still feels like you're trying to drum up another target, and your statements here are at best rather exagerrated, at worse, complete falsehoods.

In my mind, this only confirms to me you're a person of some interest.

My point was not htat you had lots of votes on you (though I did think you had three), but that after my vote on you getting a little bit of momentum I suddenly got a lot of attention as a candidate. That makes me think I may have hit a wolf and there is a sudden need to make sure someone else is a good candidate. Just a feeling.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #448
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GE, please confirm for us that Capone's presence in the writeup is confirmation the player Capone was protected by Lathum, and not flavor.

Capone has this information. It is up to him if he wants to come forward with it or not.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #449
Autumn
Head Coach

1 - Danny - EagleFan (355)
1 - DaddyTorgo - PurdueBrad (356)
2 - PurdueBrad - Danny (372), Poli (416)
1 - Poli - KWhit (381)
2 - Chief Rum - Autumn (419), Telle (431)
2 - Autumn - DaddyTorgo (430), Chief Rum (437)

This is piggybacking off of Telle's last count, so hopefully that (and this) is accurate.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #450
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm here, and haven't put in my vote yet. I was hoping to hear from Danny on what his voting reasoning before putting down my vote. With GE's clarification, I'm trying to sift through the real info that we learned from last night's kill.