Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #651
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Yeah, I'm sure he knew he'd become a two-time father by 16, a high school drop-out, and in and out of low-paying hourly wage jobs less than 10 years later. Obviously, he had that in mind as a 12 year old. Certainly is a good thing she took him under her wing and set him on course for a great life, huh?

he was the one who petitioned to have the restraining order lifted. he was the one who chose to go back to her after the first kid. he maintains he's happy.

all I'm saying is that I don't think it's always accurate to say that 'oh, he didn't know what he was doing'
Old 02-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #652
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIllini
all I'm saying is that I don't think it's always accurate to say that 'oh, he didn't know what he was doing'

That's not even the point. Well, it's your point but what I mean is of course they "know" what they are doing.

Are you saying that a perpetrator should be held blameless if the other participant is willing?

Are you suggesting we come down on 12-15 years olds in these matters?
Old 02-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #653
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
That's not even the point. Well, it's your point but what I mean is of course they "know" what they are doing.

Are you saying that a perpetrator should be held blameless if the other participant is willing?

Are you suggesting we come down on 12-15 years olds in these matters?

I'm not suggesting that at all.

I guess my point is a useless one, as I think that all of these instances are horrible, just like the next guy.

But the point I'm trying to make is that if some 14 y-o boy is talking to his friends about how bad he wants to bang his hot teacher, and then it winds up happening...the teacher is held fully accountable, regardless of the kid's intentions all along.

Yeah, I know...it's the adult's responsibilty to prevent this from happening, because they know so much better than kids. But if you mean to tell me that in today's world, a 14 y-o boy doesn't know the birds and the bees and consequences of such actions, then these kids are being failed even worse.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #654
miked
College Starter

Sooooo hot, want to touch the heinie.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #655
MrIllini
High School Varsity

a good paddling with a wooden spoon?
Old 02-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #656
rkmsuf
Head Coach

14 year old boy

Consequences of such actions

Something doesn't add up here.

I'm up there but even I can still remember how horny I was then. Believe me, I wasn't thinking past taco day in the caf let alone legal preceedings.

One can argue I was failed not to have a broader perspective then I suppose. Maybe I'd have turned out more worldly had I boned Ms. Stewart.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 02-09-2005 at 02:35 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #657
Desnudo
Coordinator

So what should be the punishment for a 14 year old boy that has sex with an adult?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #658
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
14 year old boy

Consequences of such actions

Something doesn't add up here.

I'm up there but even I can still remember how horny I was then. Believe me, I wasn't thinking past taco day in the caf let alone legal preceedings.

I'm not talking about legal proceedings, was alluding to the previous post re: pregnancy and what not.

Last edited by MrIllini : 02-09-2005 at 02:34 PM.
MrIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #659
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not talking about legal proceedings, was alluding to the previous post re: pregnancy and what not.

Even pregnancy. Knowing what your pee pee does and understanding life altering consequences and having the forsight that you might destroy your life are worlds apart.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #660
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Where's Noop. Somewhere he is getting horny reading this.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #661
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
he was the one who petitioned to have the restraining order lifted. he was the one who chose to go back to her after the first kid. he maintains he's happy.

And what I'm saying is that surely, the events which shaped his life at a time in which he was virtually incapable of making such life-altering decisions, have had a profound effect on what he now believes. Becoming emotionally attached to an adult at the age that he did made the outcome easy to predict. Of course he was going to want to get back together with her - she had an undeniable impact on his life at an age when such a relationship is not normal, which explains why he's still attached to her.

This is akin to raising a child in a racist house and suggesting that at 21, when he's out on his own and still spewing hatred against minorities, that that's the kind of life he wants to live. Well, sure it is. What else does he know?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:41 PM   #662
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Even pregnancy. Knowing what your pee pee does and understanding life altering consequences and having the forsight that you might destroy your life are worlds apart.

While I know you're right, this is a good indictment of the "sex education" that is being peddled in schools.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #663
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
While I know you're right, this is a good indictment of the "sex education" that is being peddled in schools.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but why?

Just because a young boy knows what his unit does and what it can do doesn't mean they care. Rightly or wrongly. Hormones are a funny thing.

Heck there are 30, 40 and 50 year olds that don't care.

I'm not sure how this gets at sex ed. I think one way or the other we are all clear on the function of the pee pee.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #664
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Jeeb - I thought I did...i guess...
Rkmsuf - I don't like guys sorry.
SackAttack - I didn't mean it in a serious way just a question.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #665
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
And what I'm saying is that surely, the events which shaped his life at a time in which he was virtually incapable of making such life-altering decisions, have had a profound effect on what he now believes. Becoming emotionally attached to an adult at the age that he did made the outcome easy to predict. Of course he was going to want to get back together with her - she had an undeniable impact on his life at an age when such a relationship is not normal, which explains why he's still attached to her.

This is akin to raising a child in a racist house and suggesting that at 21, when he's out on his own and still spewing hatred against minorities, that that's the kind of life he wants to live. Well, sure it is. What else does he know?

This is precisely my point. What did his parents do after the first incident? Probably blamed the teacher, despite many indications that the kid had as much to do with initiating things as she.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal...ourneau/1.html

Now, obviously, the teacher is to blame to keep going back to him and seemingly forcing the issue. But, IMO, it should've never gotten that far.

Anyway, this was initially just an observation that has gotten blown way out of proportion...
Old 02-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #666
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Do you punch yours till you pass out? right?

I don't get it.

What's your fascinating with punching weiner? I've never heard of that.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #667
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but why?

Just because a young boy knows what his unit does and what it can do doesn't mean they care. Rightly or wrongly. Hormones are a funny thing.

Heck there are 30, 40 and 50 year olds that don't care.

I'm not sure how this gets at sex ed. I think one way or the other we are all clear on the function of the pee pee.

Well, maybe I assume too much in believing that educators are supposed to impart knowledge and prudent decision-making logic into their students. You're right that many either just don't care, or are naive enough to think 'it can't happen to me'.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #668
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think one way or the other we are all clear on the function of the pee pee.

*raises hand*

I know what the pee pee does.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #669
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
*raises hand*

*Gold star*
Old 02-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #670
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
*raises hand*

good, don't have sex with your teachers
Old 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #671
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
*raises hand*

It's for sticking in teacher's wee wee.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #672
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, maybe I assume too much in believing that educators are supposed to impart knowledge and prudent decision-making logic into their students.

As an educator working with middle schoolers I think this is a cop out statement. I repeatedly talk about decision making with my students when they get into trouble. I say things such as "Why did you make that choice?" and "That wasn't such a good choice" and "Why was that a bad choice?" several times a day. And when the choices are particularly bad I make sure there are consequences. And we talk about choice making through our study of history at certain points. But I still have kids who do really dumb things. So of course some teachers are going to try and "impart knowledge" and promote "prudent decsion-making logic" but these are still middle schoolers. They are not mini adults, although some truly can act like them 90% of the time. In the end, however, their brain chemistry is different from that of a grown-up and that's why it's incumbent on the grown-up, the teacher, the role model, to make those good choices because they SHOULD have the perspective to know not only what is best for themselves but what is best for the studen they're working with.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #673
Loren
High School JV

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure he knew he'd become a two-time father by 16, a high school drop-out, and in and out of low-paying hourly wage jobs less than 10 years later. Obviously, he had that in mind as a 12 year old. Certainly is a good thing she took him under her wing and set him on course for a great life, huh?

umm she was in jail, if you're going to basically blame her for him going throughall that, you should be fair in also mentioning that maybe had she not been put in jail for years and him kept apart from her he might not have rebelled soo much the rest of his teenage years? You dont think all of that may have had a negative effect on his life, good grief, not to be all corny and stuff but some people are meant to be together(i dont mean strictly gettin it on ), no matter what age they are... and as far as I know, dropping out of high school, having kids early on, or having low paying jobs dont all stem from having had a relationship with your teacher...
ANDDDD he's gone back to her because he's emotionally attached and because he knows nothing else in his life? wth...they werent exactly TOGETHER very long so he didnt know it THAT well and THAT long before she was arrested, a couple times getting it on isnt exactly the main part of being emotionally attached so gimmie a break..and arent you normally EMOTIONALLY attached to the person you love isnt that a big part of why people ever get married?
and sorry but CUTE guy teachers, YESS as long as it wasa TEENAGE girl and the guy was hot id probably say so, but as far as i know actual HOT guy teachers are a myth..they usually ARE simply SICKOS

Last edited by Loren : 02-09-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #674
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
umm she was in jail, if you're going to basically blame her for him going throughall that, you should be fair in also mentioning that maybe had she not been put in jail for years and him kept apart from her he might not have rebelled soo much the rest of his teenage years? You dont think all of that may have had a negative effect on his life, good grief, not to be all corny and stuff but some people are meant to be together(i dont mean strictly gettin it on ), no matter what age they are... and as far as I know, dropping out of high school, having kids early on, or having low paying jobs dont all stem from having had a relationship with your teacher...
ANDDDD he's gone back to her because he's emotionally attached and because he knows nothing else in his life? wth...they werent exactly TOGETHER very long so he didnt know it THAT well and THAT long before she was arrested, a couple times getting it on isnt exactly the main part of being emotionally attached so gimmie a break..and arent you normally EMOTIONALLY attached to the person you love isnt that a big part of why people ever get married?
and sorry but CUTE guy teachers, YESS as long as it wasa TEENAGE girl and the guy was hot id probably say so, but as far as i know actual HOT guy teachers are a myth..they usually ARE simply SICKOS

I agree with everything you said except that it is her fault he was ever in the relationship to begin with, so in a sense his rebelling was her fault. Could it of happened otherwise? Sure, but who's to say for sure.

Oh, and I've been oh so naughty.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #675
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
It's for sticking in teacher's wee wee.

Ya know, the mature among us like to refer to it by it's scientific name,
hoo hoo dilly, or cookie.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #676
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, since the very premise of this - that a 12 year old can know that he's found his "true love" and know that he wants to spend the rest of his life with that person - is an utterly ridiculous proposition. Looking back on my first real GF in 8th grade, we were both the same age and I felt that way about her at the time. Now take those feelings and apply them to a 30 year old woman, and it's quite easy to believe that he would be completely obsessed with her. Think of the ego boost you would get to know, at that age, that someone over twice your age is in love with you. Combine that with what I'm sure were very real feelings he had for her at the time, and the outcome was all but written 8 years ago.

They were together for 2 years, I believe - this wasn't just a couple of times in the back of the classroom and she happened to get pregnant. As I recall, he spent an entire summer at her house, much to the chagrin of her husband, who didn't like it but, of course, had no clue what was really going on.

And I don't think there was any real "rebelling" from him - yes, he saw her again when he was not supposed to, but the real issue here is that she left him with 2 kids to raise. At 16. He had no choice but to support the kids by dropping out of school and getting a job.

And finally, you seem to be suggesting that she should have been excused for what she did so that he wouldn't have ended up so screwed up. He was already screwed up because of what she did - letting them be together when he was, what, 15,16 ,17...? You think that would have made things better?! She fucked the kid's life up. He's old enough now that he can do what he wants, but that doesn't mean that they should have been together from the beginning because they were in love. Kids that age - hell, even older - are unable to make such decisions.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 AM   #677
Loren
High School JV

when i said "rebelled" i was refering to how he acted after she was put in jail, he spent some time in a gang if i remember hearing correctly.. eh, i still dont necessarily think she screwed up his life. She'd have screwed up his life just as much by being in it as she would have by everyone telling him how wrong the relationship was and keeping them apart.. plus in this last post you rather make him sound QUITE responsible in that "She left him" with two kids to raise so he had to work for them? then still say teenagers basically cant do such things, i dunno, i knew several kids in school who did just that and thats pretty respponsible considering some adults werent even able to do it..but eh, his mother cared for them not him until he started getting his act together anyway..
and oh my gosh, ya know kids CAN think I'm not necessarily speaking about THIS guy, but NOT ALL teenagers are morons and incapable of thinking and making major decisions..seen and not heard??
Suicane...meet me after class
Old 02-10-2005, 07:11 AM   #678
Ksyrup

Of course teenagers can make responsible decisions. And this particular teenager demonstrated that he is not one of them. But I still maintain that no 12-14 year old can make a rational, informed decision about whether to pursue a long-term relationship with someone twice his age. Not possible. And presumably, that's why we have statutory rape laws on the books.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-10-2005 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #679
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
As an educator working with middle schoolers I think this is a cop out statement. I repeatedly talk about decision making with my students when they get into trouble. I say things such as "Why did you make that choice?" and "That wasn't such a good choice" and "Why was that a bad choice?" several times a day. And when the choices are particularly bad I make sure there are consequences. And we talk about choice making through our study of history at certain points. But I still have kids who do really dumb things. So of course some teachers are going to try and "impart knowledge" and promote "prudent decsion-making logic" but these are still middle schoolers. They are not mini adults, although some truly can act like them 90% of the time. In the end, however, their brain chemistry is different from that of a grown-up and that's why it's incumbent on the grown-up, the teacher, the role model, to make those good choices because they SHOULD have the perspective to know not only what is best for themselves but what is best for the studen they're working with.

Great post barkeep, I guess I should've said that they need a good base from parenting in addition to what they're getting from their teachers.

I would guess those who do make the right decisions versus the ones who don't come from very different households.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #680
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
It appears that this latest teacher from Tennessee was once a Ms. Monday Nitro...

hxxp://www.badjocks.com/archive/pamela-rogers-turner-bikini-ms-monday-nitro.htm

(not safe for work)
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 11:38 PM   #681
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
It appears that this latest teacher from Tennessee was once a Ms. Monday Nitro...

hxxp://www.badjocks.com/archive/pamela-rogers-turner-bikini-ms-monday-nitro.htm

(not safe for work)

Awesome.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #682
SackAttack
Head Coach

hxxp://www.nbc10.com/news/4216607/detail.html

Does it count if she doesn't have sex with him until after the student/teacher relationship is over?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:10 AM   #683
Desnudo
Coordinator

Yes.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 AM   #684
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

How much longer do we have to wait before some clever person compiles these stories and photos into a coffee table book?
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #685
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

"I'm on it."
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #686
duckman
Pro Starter

This thread always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:23 PM   #687
Franklinnoble
Banned

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBP86O5J5E.html

More Lafave Recordings Released

Published: Feb 23, 2005

TAMPA - Recordings of more telephone conversations between 24- year-old former high school teacher Debra Lafave and the teenage student she's charged with molesting were released by the state attorney's office Tuesday.

Transcripts of those conversations were released in December, along with some audio recordings.

Prosecutors were not expected to release more recordings because of the time and expense of muddling the voice of the juvenile to help prevent listeners from identifying him.

The television tabloid ``Inside Edition'' agreed to pay to have the youth's voice muddled from more recordings, allowing for Tuesday's release, state officials said.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:23 PM   #688
rkmsuf
Head Coach

You pinkie promise these are coming out?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #689
Desnudo
Coordinator

I don't use the word hero very often, but Inside Edition is the greatest hero in American history.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:41 PM   #690
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I truly must say that this thread (no pun intended) has legs.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #691
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Indeed it does. Out of curiosity, I decided to see where it ranked in all time views count. It's fourth now behind the stickied strategy thread, a poll on Jim G's next release, and initial thoughts on OOTP6.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #692
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't use the word hero very often, but Inside Edition is the greatest hero in American history.
I believe this man was the greatest American hero:

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:09 PM   #693
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I believe this man was the greatest American hero:

Connie Selleca was the greatest American hero, for my pants.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #694
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Do Interns count?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/23/te....ap/index.html

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A 30-year-old teaching intern was arrested and accused of having sex with a 16-year-old male student after police found the two parked behind a school with the windows of the car steamed up.

The intern's toddler was strapped into a car seat in the back when police discovered the two Saturday.

Margaret De Barraicua and the student are believed to have been having "an ongoing consensual sexual relationship for several months," Sacramento police spokesman Sgt. Justin Risley said.

The teenager was in a language and arts class that De Barraicua has taught since September, when she started her paid internship at McClatchy High School.

De Barraicua, who is married, was placed on paid administrative leave Tuesday while the investigation is ongoing, said Maria Lopez, a spokeswoman for the Sacramento City Unified School District. The toddler was released to De Barraicua's husband.

De Barraicua did not return a telephone call to her home Wednesday.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:14 PM   #695
Desnudo
Coordinator

Teacher-student sex, interested! Toddler in the car, not so interested.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:16 PM   #696
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Do you think she'll fail her internship?
Old 02-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #697
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
Do Interns count?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/23/te....ap/index.html

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A 30-year-old teaching intern was arrested and accused of having sex with a 16-year-old male student after police found the two parked behind a school with the windows of the car steamed up.

The intern's toddler was strapped into a car seat in the back when police discovered the two Saturday.

Margaret De Barraicua and the student are believed to have been having "an ongoing consensual sexual relationship for several months," Sacramento police spokesman Sgt. Justin Risley said.

The teenager was in a language and arts class that De Barraicua has taught since September, when she started her paid internship at McClatchy High School.

De Barraicua, who is married, was placed on paid administrative leave Tuesday while the investigation is ongoing, said Maria Lopez, a spokeswoman for the Sacramento City Unified School District. The toddler was released to De Barraicua's husband.

De Barraicua did not return a telephone call to her home Wednesday.

Sacramento! Now we're talking!
Old 02-23-2005, 04:30 PM   #698
Franklinnoble
Banned

Photo here:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/c...13289991c.html
Old 02-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #699
Desnudo
Coordinator

Is it worth registering for the Sac Bee?
Old 02-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #700
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Is it worth registering for the Sac Bee?

It's worth using Firefox with the "BugMeNot" extension.