Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #2101
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I feel a whole lot better about confirming this now...but sure makes me look BAD again. I told my new tribe it was a gut feeling.

Thanks, ITC.

It doesn't look like you're bad, but it does look like you guys took advantage of GE's mistake. He thought he could edit the post, and told all of you he was the seer, then managed to get his post deleted. It sounds like you guys were privvy to information that you should not have been by the rules of the game, and still tried to hold it over everyone. I wouldn't call that cheating really, just taking advantage of a bending of the rules.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 02-14-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: color
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #2102
SnDvls
Pro Starter

All espicially Helsing

I can not participate in today's challenge I have insider info on the answers and thus do not believe it is fair to take part in the challenge. I have already told BK this info and he should be responding to this post soon as we've talked about it via PM.

Thanks
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #2103
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
All espicially Helsing

I can not participate in today's challenge I have insider info on the answers and thus do not believe it is fair to take part in the challenge. I have already told BK this info and he should be responding to this post soon as we've talked about it via PM.

Thanks

You speak English, too? I didn't realize that was a disqualifier....
Old 02-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #2104
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It doesn't look like you're bad, but it does look like you guys took advantage of GE's mistake. He thought he could edit the post, and told all of you he was the seer, then managed to get his post deleted. It sounds like you guys were privvy to information that you should not have been by the rules of the game, and still tried to hold it over everyone. I wouldn't call that cheating really, just taking advantage of a bending of the rules.

With great power comes great responsibility. I sure didn't ask for what happened to ensue.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #2105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The whole thing seems very strange to me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #2106
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
With great power comes great responsibility. I sure didn't ask for what happened to ensue.

I'm sure you didn't. See my post in the other thread for more thoughts on it. Basically, I think it's wrong to blame ITC about it, when you guys have been talking both ways through this thing for days -- if you had just said "we don't know who the seer is, and we don't know who the wolf is" from the beginning, y'all would have been fine.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #2107
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

let me be the first ozite to say it, i think there may be another wolf in oz NOW that would be the only way to kill the seer, the only other two things i can think of are maybe just sheer luck, or at worst cheating :-(

Last edited by ImTheCrew : 02-14-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: COLOR
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #2108
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
All espicially Helsing

Thanks
This is true. I appreciate SnDvls' honesty in the matter.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #2109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
let me be the first ozite to say it, i think there may be another wolf in oz NOW that would be the only way to kill the seer, the only other two things i can think of are maybe just sheer luck, or at worst cheating :-(

and how long has this other wolf been around for?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #2110
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think the cheating issue has been addressed by BK and thus should be dropped.
now on to the additional wolf.
remember my question was how many wolves were there? and the response was there are 3 wolves now
I was concerned before about the word now in the Helsing thread
and now I'm more concerned.
being that somepeople have the theory that the wolves couldn't kill until the merge (seems to have held true at this point) maybe they could do a conversion at the same time so the conversion happened at the 1st merged teams night.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #2111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

and now I'm more concerned.
being that somepeople have the theory that the wolves couldn't kill until the merge (seems to have held true at this point) maybe they could do a conversion at the same time so the conversion happened at the 1st merged teams night.

I agree completley.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #2112
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
and how long has this other wolf been around for?

my thought, the pm that people say was to help with the merge may not have been for that, maybe BK decied to make the ozite or first person to pm a wolf??
Old 02-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #2113
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

and i only know ONE person who saw GE's post and PM'ed Barkeep
Old 02-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #2114
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am not sore loser or anything, but I know for a fact there was some serious cheating going on in this game. I really do not understand why people can not play fairly.

Uh... Aren't you the one who broke the rules by editing a post?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #2115
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Based on an honest misunderstanding.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #2116
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I know I did.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #2117
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think the cheating issue has been addressed by BK and thus should be dropped.

let's move on with the game please

Last edited by SnDvls : 02-14-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: color
Old 02-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #2118
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Any other former Oz members want to fess up and admit to knowing that GE was the seer?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #2119
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

Barkeep has already explained what happened.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #2120
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If the GE kill is from the wolves learning the seer, the possibilities that I can see include a) the ability of the wolves to try to scan for the seer, b) luck, c) conversion of one of the Ozzites who have admitted to knowing that GE was the seer, d) conversion of one of the Ozzites who knew that GE was the seer but pretended not to.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #2121
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, oops, b) doesn't qualify as "from the wolves learning the seer".

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #2122
Poli
FOFC Survivor

*at work*I knew GE was the seer, and I knew about the deleted posts. In fact, one of mine were deleted. When I noticed it, I PMed barkeep as to why.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #2123
path12
Coordinator

Barkeep, do the words have to be formed in the order they appear, or can they be rearranged within the row/column?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #2124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So was anything discussed in the OZ thread about the seers ability? For example, can the seer only scan his tribe members, etc...

Anything that can help us narrow down who may have been scanned.

I repeat
Old 02-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #2125
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Do you have to make a word in every column and row, or can you choose not to make any words in some rows/columns?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #2126
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I repeat

He said nothing along those lines.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #2127
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Barkeep, do the words have to be formed in the order they appear, or can they be rearranged within the row/column?
Rearranging within a column or row is fine. Only thing is the letter on the outside must be the first letter used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Do you have to make a word in every column and row, or can you choose not to make any words in some rows/columns?

The goal is to use the most letters. I count 120. However you wish to do this is fine by me so if some column is blank, that's a strategic decision.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #2128
path12
Coordinator

One more question for BK: Do we post our lists in thread or PM them to you? And do you need the actual letter numbers in a particular word or just the word itself?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #2129
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I know I did.

was the post discussed? like did anyone say they saw it and this is what it said or did they just say "I saw it" and leave it at that?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #2130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Who do y'all expect we'll be voting off tonight, anyway?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #2131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I was kind of curious about that myself. Is it a public vote in your thread or a private PM vote? Any desire to share any happenings along that front with us?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #2132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

We're supposed to PM it with our words, I believe. My thinking was that if we happen to win (how stupid are you guys?), then we would pick Swaggs and path -- makes the most sense. What about you?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:14 PM   #2133
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Whoops, this post came out wrong. Who do you think Howard will be voting off TOMORROW night? I mean, you guys have to choose two people for us to vote from, right?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #2134
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was kind of curious about that myself. Is it a public vote in your thread or a private PM vote? Any desire to share any happenings along that front with us?

So to answer this properly -- we send in our votes via PM. The results will be interesting.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #2135
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
GE and I had a misunderstanding. Based on that misunderstanding he came out as seer. It had been GE's intention to inform his tribe that he was the seer and then edit the post so that if anyone read it later they wouldn't know. Editing posts is still a no-no. In the end, in order to fix the misunderstanding a whole bunch of posts were deleted, to erase the evidence. That's the story

The only way to fix this is to go ahead and out the wolf GE found. Posting his list is the way to go.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #2136
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
The only way to fix this is to go ahead and out the wolf GE found. Posting his list is the way to go.

What are you talking about?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #2137
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We're supposed to PM it with our words, I believe. My thinking was that if we happen to win (how stupid are you guys?), then we would pick Swaggs and path -- makes the most sense. What about you?

We've been debating it somewhat.. Right now there are a few people who share an anti-Oz sentiment due to the way they have played the game. I personally (and I'm not alone) feel that it shoots us in the foot to start trying to vote off Oz players just out of spite or revenge.

I can't say what the team will do yet as I don't think there has been a consensus yet built, but I think personally I hope we go with choosing kwhit and Anxiety as the names we send.

I don't get why people over there are voting ITC though. It feels to me like a new player stumbling over words and becoming the fall guy for more veteran crafty wolves. I would love a show of hands of who here would choose ITC as the person to convert if they were a wolf. Nothing personal with ITC, I just don't really know him as I havent seen much of him this game with most of his posts coming in threads I can't read...

I just think there is some pupeteer here pulling some strings over there.. thats the only explanation I have if ITC ends up being voted out.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #2138
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
What are you talking about?

Somebody cheated and used the knowledge that GE was the seer ans killed him. Obviously the wolf. BTW, This means that a wolf is likely in the Oz faction now or somebody cheated and looked in the thread.

Anyway as offsetting, we should get a wolf in return. Best way to do this is publish GEs scans.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #2139
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
We've been debating it somewhat.. Right now there are a few people who share an anti-Oz sentiment due to the way they have played the game. I personally (and I'm not alone) feel that it shoots us in the foot to start trying to vote off Oz players just out of spite or revenge.

I can't say what the team will do yet as I don't think there has been a consensus yet built, but I think personally I hope we go with choosing kwhit and Anxiety as the names we send.

I don't get why people over there are voting ITC though. It feels to me like a new player stumbling over words and becoming the fall guy for more veteran crafty wolves. I would love a show of hands of who here would choose ITC as the person to convert if they were a wolf. Nothing personal with ITC, I just don't really know him as I havent seen much of him this game with most of his posts coming in threads I can't read...

I just think there is some pupeteer here pulling some strings over there.. thats the only explanation I have if ITC ends up being voted out.

I agree with that sentiment. I think that the fact that he's a newbie makes him an easy scapegoat at this point, when the few remaining Old Howard/Old Lupus members need to make a thrust. I've been trying to help him defend himself, but either way, I think he'll end up being okay.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #2140
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

How do you know who we're voting for?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #2141
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Honestly, ITC is the one that outed the whole wolves using the GE knowledge. Chances are greater that he is trusted and not a wolf.

If you were converting a member of Oz on the first night you could convert, who would you choose? Chances are you have no knowledge at this point of GE being the seer or who he may have cleared, since at that point all Oz members were villagers.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #2142
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Grammaticus: I find it highly unlikely that GE was killed because of cheating. Extremely unlikely actually. I'm not sure where you get this idea, beyond what GE said (and frankly that was uninformed) that there was any cheating going on.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #2143
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How do you know who we're voting for?

Anyone else in Helsing want to answer this question?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #2144
st.cronin
General Manager

Did ITC out GE as the seer before he was killed?

And I think either myself or ardent would make the most sense as a conversion possibility. Probably myself, honestly.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #2145
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Anyone else in Helsing want to answer this question?

somebody made a slip up, forget who

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #2146
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
somebody made a slip up, forget who

Dontcha think that's something worth remembering?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #2147
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
One more question for BK: Do we post our lists in thread or PM them to you? And do you need the actual letter numbers in a particular word or just the word itself?
I count two questions

PM or posting is fine for this one and just the words will suffice.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #2148
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Nobody posted in this thread that ITC was getting votes.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:28 PM   #2149
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Dontcha think that's something worth remembering?

not really

I don't really care what goes on in other threads. I figure if I know a little, I'll just get confused.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #2150
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

not really

I don't really care what goes on in other threads. I figure if I know a little, I'll just get confused.

You don't care who knows what's going on in other threads? Really?

Last edited by Passacaglia : 02-14-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: color