Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #351
Danny
Head Coach

I got my top choice for internship today! Woo hoo!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #352
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

CONGRATS!!!!!!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Oh it is a blast when you're the wolf.

If you're on the Seer end of it...ugh.

Even on the seer end, I have fun getting into these conflicts. kind of a "I do this to people, they don't do it to me" sense I know I was pumped when I had caught Alan one game as seer, knowing he would give me a run.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #354
hoopsguy
General Manager

And congrats, Danny.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #355
The Jackal
Coordinator

Congrats Danny! I just worked a 15 inning baseball game, gah.

vote Abe
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #356
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

YAYAYAYAY Danny.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO jheinz

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #357
Schmidty
Coordinator

Nice Danny!

Vote Abe
Old 04-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #358
henry296
College Starter

Just had a chance to check in.

vote Abe

As for Abe saving me, I really think that is a risky play for night one.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #359
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeehaw Danny! Looks like a good week. I am finally working again and you get an internship!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #360
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Unvote Abe Sargent
Vote PurdueBrad

Hehheh

Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #361
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Results coming, just walked in the door. Sorry.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #362
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Teams had an opportunity today to talk to the prospective players. We've gotten some great feedback from the teams, here's what we've heard:

JEHeinz put on several amazing interviews. He played up the importance of team, playing his role, doing his part, and becoming part of the community. He looked like a model citizen and his reputation has skyrocketed as the best interview of the day.

Hoopsguy too put on a surprising interview. He was very well-spoken and mature, much different than what people expect from a U of I graduate. He talked about his desire to be a team leader and captain, very nicely done.

Crimson Fox finished as the third best interview of the day as he discussed at length the importance that his family, friends and coaches have played in his success. Coaches felt that he came off as very coachable.

Henry was a complete embarrassment. It looked like he had done the preparation but as we've heard of a lot with this draft, he was seen flirting and cavorting with several women the night before. It definitely effected his performance, so much so that he actually nodded off in not one, but two interviews. Worst of the day!

ntndeacon came off as a very selfish and self-absorbed player. When asked why football is important to him, deacon went on and on about the cars, bling, and cribs that he wants to buy.

Darth looked really bad today too. When he was asked about what his role will be with the teams, he said he'll be the superstar, the man that puts butts in the seats. When asked about the importance of teammates, he said that they are just there to support him. Poor showing.

BUT huge news came out, Abe Sargent got drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars 10'th. He was the brutal wolf!

He arranged to have his friend JEHeinz drafted at the same time, Heinz is now a Buffalo Bill! He was the seer.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #363
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

In other late-breaking news, Hoopsguy's great interviews also got him drafted. He is now an Oakland Raider. Hoopsguy was a villager.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #364
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Mel Kiper's newest draft board looks like this:

1- Crimson Fox
2- The Jackal
3- Schmidty
4- Henry
5- Darth
6- ntndeacon
7- KWhit
Old 04-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #365
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
In other late-breaking news, Hoopsguy's great interviews also got him drafted. He is now an Oakland Raider. Hoopsguy was a villager.

I think this is where I hit the reset button. Oakland .... Oakland .... why did it have to be Oakland?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #366
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I got drafted by my favorite team!!!! Hot!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #367
The Jackal
Coordinator

Apparently the wolves think hoops is more dangerous than me - I'll just have to prove them wrong.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #368
Danny
Head Coach

Thanks guys!

And hoops lol at going to the raiders
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #369
The Jackal
Coordinator

To the rest of you guys - working an 11 AM game tomorrow, and have plans in the evening, so I won't be around much, but I want to hear from everyone. I'll be able to check in the morning before I leave and the late afternoon before people are over.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #370
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if anyone's noticed (I hope they have), but PB has been writing some neat little draft bios for the "drafted" players in the opening post of the thread after they leave the game. Fun to check out. PB's put a lot into the game and it shows with things like that. Thanks PB!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #371
henry296
College Starter

I now there are a lot of people who think I'm a wolf because Abe allegedly saved me on night one. However, he was the third vote on me which made it 3-3 with Jackal and did so relatively earlier in the day. I would think at that point he would want to distance himself from the other wolves and not put them into a tie. We of course then had the simultaneus votes from Hoops (villager) on Jackal and Kwhit on me. We then had Abe switch and a couple of others.

On day two, we had a DV vote for Abe which was the only one. I think for now he has to be clear.

Since Jackal is also clear that leaves us likely two wolves from Schmidty, ntn, Kwhit, and Crimson Fox, ntndeacon.

Schmidty - very quiet so no read at all. Pretty typical of him.
ntn - voted for Jackal on day 1. Suspect on day 2, with 2 known villagers, plus me on him.
Kwhit - Now that we know Abe is a wolf, would make it 2 of the 4 votes on me as wolves on Day 1. While I suspected him yesterday, it was just me as a villager trying to make an argument from someone with no information.
Crimson Fox - lots of comments about the draft, little information that I could gather so far about the werewolf aspects.

Thus, here is my initial vote for tomorrow.

vote ntn
Old 04-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #372
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

THAT'S MY BOY!!! TAUGHT HIM EVERYTHING HE KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations my friend! Where's that at?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #373
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not sure if anyone's noticed (I hope they have), but PB has been writing some neat little draft bios for the "drafted" players in the opening post of the thread after they leave the game. Fun to check out. PB's put a lot into the game and it shows with things like that. Thanks PB!

Yeah I have enjoyed reading those little tidbits.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #374
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all! Oh wait....

Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #375
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So I do the duty of getting a wolf and I get sent to fucking Buffalo. I retire.

(good game gents)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #376
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote henry
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #377
Schmidty
Coordinator

Definitely have to go with this:

Vote henry
Old 04-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #378
henry296
College Starter

For those voting me, when I'm a villager, where do you look next? At that point you must get a wolf since it will be 3-2 after tonight.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #379
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We're getting reports today from how a lot of the individual workouts have gone. There are some really interesting results.

Schmidty worked out for the home state Detroit Lions and a couple of other teams. He excelled in his workouts, showing the explosive burst and speed that seemed to be lacking at the Combine. In addition, he showed tremendously strong hands when they put him through fumbling and catching drills. Schmidty looks to be a really, really high pick here, best results of the day!

The Washington Redskins had KWhit come in and he finally looked stellar. The arm was there, the awareness was there, he finally looked like a quarterback rather than a paperweight. He made some impressive deep throws but his best routes look to be the zip he can put on the deep outs.

Tampa Bay brought in ntndeacon with high hopes for the Wake Forest grad. Their hopes were shattered though as they watched him get pushed around on the line. He was dominated by the offensive line and had runners break through several arm tackles. He looked weak and slow, not good at all. Worst of the day.

The Chiefs worked out Henry and were extremely disappointed. Running backs plowed through him, receivers and tight ends got separation against him, and he couldn't fight his way through the line on blitzes. His running times were down and his awareness was poor.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #380
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Taking a look at all the feedback we've gotten from teams around the league, here's what we've heard:

#1 Schmidty
#2 KWhit
#3 Crimson Fox
#4 Darth Vilus
#5 The Jackal
#6 Henry
#7 ntndeacon

Green room invites are tonight, get your points in to see if you'll be sitting by the stage...
Old 04-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #381
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

After tonight's deadline, the next will be Monday at noon. Your remaining points after tonight's bid for green room invites, will automatically use the rest of your points. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #382
KWhit
Coordinator

Looks like it will be a runaway tonight. I wish it wasn't so we could learn a little bit more from the votes, but I don't have a better candidate at this time.

VOTE HENRY
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #383
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote Henry
Old 04-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #384
henry296
College Starter

I feel like I'm being convicted based on Abe's actions and not mine. What I have I done that appears wolf like? Doesn't it seem very odd that nobody else is trying to make an argument against anyone else. Even if you think I'm a wolf, there is probably another one and in reality there are two more after me. You would think that the other wolf would likely being trying to help move the conversation somewhere else since if I was the last wolf it would become 4-1 and put that last wolf in a difficult spot.

Even if I wasn't the candidate today, this seems really odd. I think the two wolves are playing a strong under the radar game. The lack of discussion is very odd and the two wolves are very content to let me take the bullet today. Unfortnately I have no inside information, but at least I'm willing to speculate.

I'm very interested in who everyone thinks is wolf #3 with Abe and I if you believe Abe saved me which he didn't.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #385
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well it looks like henry is going to get drafted next

Vote Henry

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #386
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*jumps on the train*

vote henry
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #387
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We've got some late-breaking news coming out of Washington D.C. Apparently KWhit went out to celebrate after his terrific work out for the Redskins and, for the second time during Draft preparations, was involved in an incident while driving. This time, KWhit was involved in a late one car accident in which his car clipped two parked cars. The damage is relatively minimal but the timing of the accident is what is troubling. There are rumors that KWhit was seen out at several establishments that serve alcohol. While we don't know whether or not KWhit imbibed, it doesn't look good. This will most certainly affect his draft status as rumors continue to make it look like KWhit has character issues.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #388
henry296
College Starter

i think cf might be the other wolf. the majority of his comments were about the draft and not werewolf. that might be a way to apoear active while playing the role of utr wolf. i'd look at him on monday.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #389
henry296
College Starter

vote nightfall

no one is willing to discuss alternatives.

go villagers
Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #390
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Commissioner Roger Goodell, in an odd decision, has decided that the league will only mail out three green room invitations this year. He cited past years where players had to sit and wait, while tv cameras aired their embarrassment.

The first player getting an invite is Henry. And then the two wide receivers, Darth Vilus and Crimson Fox get invited as well. All the other players are left out in the cold. KWhit seems to be the most disappointed, as the league says they never considered inviting him.

But Henry has had to turn down the league's invitation, as he finds himself drafted by the Cleveland Browns. At least it isn't Oakland, I guess. Henry was a villager.

Following the announcement of Henry's draft, The Jackal gets drafted by the Seattle Seahawks. The Jackal was the duke.

ON MONDAY, THE REST OF THE DRAFT (Werewolf game may continue beyond the draft)...

Old 04-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #391
The Jackal
Coordinator

The seahawks drafted two safeties in the first round? Common PB, be realistic, give me to the Skins!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #392
Autumn
Head Coach

What a backfield we're going to make.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #393
Autumn
Head Coach

OR secondary rather, you get the idea.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #394
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The seahawks drafted two safeties in the first round? Common PB, be realistic, give me to the Skins!

Hey, maybe they've decided to play some defense in the Pacific Northwest. I mean, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, and Oregon State have never heard the term before, so maybe the 'Hawks will introduce it.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #395
henry296
College Starter

Great, the mistake by the lake
Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #396
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
We've got some late-breaking news coming out of Washington D.C. Apparently KWhit went out to celebrate after his terrific work out for the Redskins and, for the second time during Draft preparations, was involved in an incident while driving. This time, KWhit was involved in a late one car accident in which his car clipped two parked cars. The damage is relatively minimal but the timing of the accident is what is troubling. There are rumors that KWhit was seen out at several establishments that serve alcohol. While we don't know whether or not KWhit imbibed, it doesn't look good. This will most certainly affect his draft status as rumors continue to make it look like KWhit has character issues.

WTF?!

Somebody fucked with me again?! Why? I was already last on the board!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #397
KWhit
Coordinator

Oh crap about Henry and Jackal.

I thought we had one in Henry.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #398
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

This is Mel Kiper's FINAL Big Board heading into Monday's draft. As of now, things are shaking out like this:

#1 Schmidty
#2 Crimson Fox
#3 Darth Vilus
#4 ntn deacon
#5 KWhit
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #399
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody that celebrates it, have a Happy Easter! If you don't celebrate, I hope you have a great weekend.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #400
KWhit
Coordinator

What's the schedule for the weekend?