Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quickstart with 270+ years of history

This is my ongoing fast-sim solo league that I started back in 2008 and have been actively managing through versions 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and now OOTP 15. [phew]

Fast-sim means that injuries are off, fatigue is low (though you could increase it) and after the off-season ends, the teams are set not to allow AI changes and I sim the entire season at once, then allow teams to make changes during the off-season.

The past few years, I've only played cursory amounts of this game beyond beta. Just got busy with real life. But this year, I got back into it slowly. Thanks to txranger and knuckler, I got some new logos for teams and all of a sudden, it felt like a place I wanted to hang out. Most of the teams are original to this league, but a few are from the knuckler/txranger collaboration because some of the names were SO good that I couldn't resist. Some are retrofitted from that world, too.

So after a contraction about 40 years ago, the league is now back to 36 teams (two 18 team leagues, 3 divisions of six teams) and the playoffs involve 16 teams (7-7-7-7) which gives everyone a chance, but cuts down on as many flukes.

The league is in better shape than it's ever been before. Records have been broken, older guys last if they are good and there is a good influx of talent that dominate without it being too overwhelming. Stats are consistent and 1 and 2 star players are actually able to contribute.

Wanna play? Here's the latest link to the quickstart (2 December 2014) here:

Here are a smattering of some of the league logos.

Here are the teams en masse:

Code:
NL EAST Boston Yanks Harlem Rens New York Gothams Philadelphia Quakers Virginia Mariners Washington Maroons NL WEST Arizona Fire Easters Colorado Gold Sox Los Angeles Seraphs Nevada Silverhawks San Francisco Peanuts Victoria Cougars NL CENTRAL Chicago Blue Collars Detroit Pontiacs Eau Claire Paws Great Plains Flycatchers Indianapolis Arrows Milwaukee White Sox AL SOUTH Baltimore Atlantics Baton Rouge Red Sticks Carolina Wrens Florida Rockets Georgia Peaches Louisville Robins AL WEST El Paso Sun Kings Los Angeles Astros Portland Brewers Salt Lake City Elders Tacoma Thrashers Texas Electrics AL EAST Brooklyn Originals Chicago Rogues New York Knights Philadelphia Apostles San Juan Autos Worcester Hearts

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Those logos are incredible.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Quick question I've only downloaded Quick Starts via the in game add on thing. What's the trick to installing this, it looks amazing!
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
Quick question I've only downloaded Quick Starts via the in game add on thing. What's the trick to installing this, it looks amazing!

Unzip the folder into the data/quickstart_games directory on his or her computer. Then use the Quickstart Game option to create a new game based on that quickstart.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's an updated version of the quickstart of the league after 323 seasons. I was doing a parallel dynasty on it before recently deciding to fork the league. Someone asked for it, so here's a copy in case you'd like to take a look.

The league's universe is very different than the one posted initially, it has several independent leagues and 36 teams in the majors too.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-04-2015 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #6
muns
Pro Starter

so dumb question. Which buttons do I push to play fast sim.

"set all teams to not allow AI roster changes"? I just don't want to hit the wrong button and then the AI destroys my team cause I hit the wrong button.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
so dumb question. Which buttons do I push to play fast sim.

"set all teams to not allow AI roster changes"? I just don't want to hit the wrong button and then the AI destroys my team cause I hit the wrong button.

Set all teams not to allow AI roster changes is what you wanna do to fast sim and then allow all AI teams to make roster changes or whatever is what you wanna toggle when you're done simming and wanna let teams make moves.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

Thank ya!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #9
Senator

Can someone walk me through this setup? I am not sure what steps need to be taken. Or I understand them as written above.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 10-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #10
TheRivals40
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Can someone walk me through this setup? I am not sure what steps need to be taken. Or I understand them as written above.
Here's how I do it:
-download file
-unzip
-place in C/Documents/OOTP Developments/OOTP Baseball 15/quickstart_games
-Make sure the file ends in .quick If not add it.
-Now fire up OOTP15.
-On the start screen, click "New Quickstart Game"
-Select the game, choose a name, click "create game"
-Wait (it will probably take a while, click yes/okay if prompted.)
-If you want to import it into OOTP16, do this:
-save the game, then fire up OOTP 16
-Click "Import OOTP15 Game"
-navigate to C/Documents/OOTP Developments/OOTP Baseball 15/saved_games with the navigator that comes up
-Choose the .lg file wit the name you used for the game, the click that and chose the word.dat file, then click confirm
-Chose a name forte game and click yes/okay when prompted.
-Wait a while, then you should be good to go!

Hope this helps

-Noah
CBL ADMIRALS: 2016 and 18 BACK2BACK CBL CHAMPS!!

Last edited by TheRivals40 : 10-09-2015 at 10:37 PM.
TheRivals40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #11
Senator

Here is my dilemma. I get all the way to the point where you "create game". I highlight ABA Baseball Reboot, name the game, the create game remains greyed out.
Someone may know where I dropped the ball.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Here is my dilemma. I get all the way to the point where you "create game". I highlight ABA Baseball Reboot, name the game, the create game remains greyed out.
Someone may know where I dropped the ball.

What version of the game are you using? If you are using OOTP15, this file above is the one you want. If you are using OOTP16, download this version.

Otherwise, not sure exactly.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #13
Senator

Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Yeah Senator, the reason it wasn't working is this version is for OOTP15.

You can either 1) use OOTP16 to import that file that you've already installed onto your machine to upgrade it. Or you can 2) download this version of the file that's made for OOTP16.