Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2005, 11:47 AM   #401
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm going to trust R.A. at this point. He's an experienced player and it's too early for a wolf/mafia to make a move like this.

Vote Mr. Wednesday
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #402
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i think i am done explaining myself to you. i expected in this game for there to be disagreements...it would be pretty lame otherwise, but i was under the impression that it was supposed to be fun. i dont appreciate you personal attacks. just because i am new to your site and this game, doesnt mean i am new to message boards, and one thing i am sure of is, calling someone a Noob because you dont like what they have to say is basically just rude. kind of ironic that you started a thread about everyone relaxing and remembering this is just an IMB, meanwhile you are resorting to petty name calling at the same time. fortunately, you dont seem to represent the overall attitude of this site.
[out of game]If you were offended, I apologize. I thought you would get my humor, but apparently not. Come on! I called you saladana, Lakum's friend (which is neither of your names). Again, I apologize for being rude.[/out of game]

For the record, I called you a n00b, not a Noob. And I'm not surprised you can't explain yourself since I strongly suspect you are a wolf.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #403
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
What is there to not get?

Of course I am not pissed we got a mafia guy, however I still have to question it.

R.A is saying it is a game of numbers. Now the reason I was questiong him is I am operating under the possibility there is only one wolf. If we had killed him yesterday then last night only one of us would have been killed.

By R.A not speaking up yesterday in guarenteed 2 kills last night. One by the wolf(s) and one by the remaining mafia members. Your argument that he would have killed someone at some point doesn't hold water because each faction gets a kill so either way the mafia would have had a kill last night.

It just seems it would have made more sense to kill the wolf yesterday and try to eliminate that faction. If we alternate killing wolves and mafia guys we are still losing 2 of us a night and it does us no good.

Could the villagers have dealt with that information? I don't think so. With a viable candidate in sackattack, I felt as if it were the right thing to do. Any attempt to throw Mr. Wednesday out there would have muddied the waters and possibly gotten both of them off. Wasn't willing to risk it.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #404
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, also just trust me. I think when I explain my theory it will be more apparent why I kept quiet.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #405
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Dola, also just trust me. I think when I explain my theory it will be more apparent why I kept quiet.
You have my trust for now..
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #406
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Let us pause a moment for our sponsors,

Alright, after reading several questions posted, I am going to answer the one about winning conditions.

Concerns about winning conditions are simple. As per all WW games, the Villagers must lynch all the baddies. And for the baddies, I sent the winning conditions along with your roles. If you want them further elaborated, kindly PM me.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled paranoia.

(P.S. If I don't wake up early for the 9PM deadline, expect a late count of votes. Deadline is still at 9, but I might be able to tally them at 10 or 11.)
Old 08-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #407
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Actually, I'm surprised no one else has brought my theory up. Some have come close, but not entirely there.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #408
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I'm surprised no one else has brought my theory up. Some have come close, but not entirely there.

Let me have a go...you were so enamered with my sexy body that you just had to save yourself one more day so you could snoop through my room.... and possibly sniff my underpants?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #409
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Let me have a go...you were so enamered with my sexy body that you just had to save yourself one more day so you could snoop through my room.... and possibly sniff my underpants?
I'm a seer. I don't have to do that. I have a crystal ball.

BTW, wear some boxers for a change....ooops.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #410
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
[out of game]If you were offended, I apologize. I thought you would get my humor, but apparently not. Come on! I called you saladana, Lakum's friend (which is neither of your names). Again, I apologize for being rude.[/out of game]

For the record, I called you a n00b, not a Noob. And I'm not surprised you can't explain yourself since I strongly suspect you are a wolf.

{out of game} - no problem, i didnt see the humor in that particular post (it was a later one where you called me saladana), i just didint appreciate it, but again, no problem

{in game} - you can think im a wolf all you want, i have said before and will say again that i am merely a simple villager that didnt trust you yesterday or today, and i reaffirm that if i am wrong later on, i will write a song about it.

peace out, yo
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #411
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Get that song ready
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #412
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Get that song ready
i think we have had enough songs this week
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #413
saldana
Pro Starter

funny, sackattack said the exact same thing
Old 08-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #414
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
i think we have had enough songs this week

there can't possibly be too many songs.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #415
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
funny, sackattack said the exact same thing

And now I'm dead, so look where it got me.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #416
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dola, I assume you mean about the songs.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #417
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Dola, I assume you mean about the songs.

yes
Old 08-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #418
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nicely done. A couple mistakes:

If you were the witness, then you wouldn't have been seen. I think that's pretty established throughout the other games of Werewolf.
No, that's not true. My role in the last mafia game made it clear that when I exercised my power, I would be seen by the mafia.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by the last sentence. If this is a one-time use, then isn't it pretty convenient that you "out" me as a wolf only after I outted you.
Considering I'm sitting here falsely accused (and no surprise, under the circumstances), I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #419
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You didn't answer all of my comments, wolf.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #420
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

To be honest, I'm a little bit offended that Mr. W would try pulling that kind of story on us when it seems so blatantly clear he's the (a?) wolf. God help us if we're wrong, but I think we're finally getting somewhere in this game.

Vote Mr. Wednesday

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 08-26-2005 at 05:09 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #421
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
You didn't answer all of my comments, wolf.
What did I miss, Fenris?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #422
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I'm going to trust R.A. at this point. He's an experienced player and it's too early for a wolf/mafia to make a move like this.

Vote Mr. Wednesday

Dig, look at me last game...ive been playing these since like 5-6...i pulled that out on the second day and i was a bad guy...and were past that...come on...

As to wednesday coming out after the accusation of raiders, raiders posted it mere minutes after the night actions were posted...wednesday didnt have much time if you ask me
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #423
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I find it funny that saldana and i, the two to oppose your flawed views are obviously wolves now...or mafia...and you never asked me to explain myself? What have you got for me...so far i see this on me:

Open game by coming in late when i was in a tie to die first round...i vote for the other guy to save my neck and hes a villager(i can see that as suspicious)...next day henry, the investigator clears me, but im not sold on his reasoning for sack and vote for ardent...ardent is promptly killed that night(still not sure why), and raiders accuses wednesday with a flimsy story...i disagree and present my points which you dont really answer sufficiently...and now im a wolf for not agreeing with your role reveal. Trust me, if anyone knows how to pull a fake role reveal its me...ive done it too many times to count dating back to x-com...and i dont buy yours...what else do you want me to do? What do you have on me other then i disagreed with you?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #424
Blade6119
Coordinator

triple dola, since it looks like hes dead, if im wrong i apologize for resisting...i just still dont get why he would not scan first night, get lucky night one and not say it, and do dubb last night after he seemed to me to be the only non-suspicious one...no mafia warewolf would vote with sack after that bandwagon came...and now he wasnt to scan me again after henry cleared me just to be safe instead of another person...i just dont see that adding up
Demotivation
Old 08-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #425
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Add it up man. Actually, saldana has moved up on my list ahead of you. I'll check him tonight if I survive. And I'm sorry I haven't "sold" my "fake" role to you. I've explained what I know and why I did it. If you don't believe it, then I'm going to obviously be suspicious of you.

The truth is out there, and I'll post my theory in less than two hours. The important thing is that I get it out there if it looks as if I'm going to die.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #426
MrBug708
Head Coach

Looks like Blade is trying to pull off the "defend a wolf" defense in hopes that everyone will think it would just be too stupid for a wolf to defend another wolf when everyone else knows the true.

Just my .02
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #427
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Looks like Blade is trying to pull off the "defend a wolf" defense in hopes that everyone will think it would just be too stupid for a wolf to defend another wolf when everyone else knows the true.

Just my .02
Perhaps. I'm not sure at this point. Let me do a vote count to see if I can reveal my theory.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #428
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Voting for today:

Raiders Army: Mr. Wednesday
Blade6119: Raiders Army
MrBug708: Mr. Wednesday
RealDeal: Mr. Wednesday
Mr. Wednesday: Raiders Army
saldana: Raiders Army
dubb93: Mr. Wednesday
Lathum: Mr. Wednesday
Barkeep49: Mr. Wednesday
kingfc22: Mr. Wednesday
digamma: Mr. Wednesday
RPI-Fan: Mr. Wednesday

Not voting yet: pennywisesb

One sec while I get tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #429
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yesterday's votes (meant to say yesterday instead of tomorrow):

henry296: SackAttack
Barkeep49: henry296
Raiders Army: henry296
saldana: SackAttack
Mr. Wednesday: SackAttack
Mr. Wednesday: unvotes SackAttack
digamma: SackAttack
Raiders Army: SackAttack
Mr. Wednesday: SackAttack
kingfc22: SackAttack
Barkeep49: unvote henry296
RPI-Fan: SackAttack
RealDeal: SackAttack
MrBug708: SackAttack
Barkeep49: SackAttack
pennywisesb: SackAttack
Lathum: SackAttack
Blade6119: Ardent Enthusiast
cartman: saldana
dubb93: henry296
SackAttack: henry296
pennywisesb: Unvote SackAttack

Didn't include everyone, but included cartman, henry296 (obviously) and SackAttack's retaliatory vote.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #430
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This is what I propose: the wolves and mafia don't know who the others are.

The wolves don't know who the mafia are and can't communicate with them.
The mafia are the same.

The victory conditions for them are that they need to wipe the other faction out and the villagers.

This is why there is no reveal for the night kills. We don't know how many are out there, and neither do they. This is also why there were two seers (well, an investigator and a seer) who could not see both factions.

Upon this logic, I think we can do a vote analysis from yesterday and today. The ones who piled on yesterday early were probably wolves (since they knew they weren't voting for another wolf and they could possibly take out a mafia). Likewise, the ones who piled on today were probably mafia (since they knew they weren't voting for another member of the mafia and they could possibly take out a wolf).

Here is the voting pattern I see for wolves:

saldana and Mr. Wednesday (a known wolf (to me and will be to you)) piled early on yesterday. They also argued against me today. I'm not quite so sure about Blade.

For mafia:

MrBug and RealDeal piled on today but didn't pile on as quickly yesterday (until it was pretty much a done deal).

Now I know I'm throwing this out there a little early, and I accuse three additional people to when I did before, but this is it. Hopefully the rest of you will see the logic in this...if you're still sticking with me. If people switch their votes, then I'm a goner and this theory needs to get out.

Regardless, I'm going to log off soon and I don't know if I'll be back on before 9. If I make it through the lynch vote, I hope the bodyguard protects me tonight (it's okay if you don't so we can keep them guessing as to whether to kill me or not).

I know with the names I mentioned there is probably at least one innocent person on my list (possibly two), but this is my best analysis at this point.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #431
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Heh heh. I know somebody out there is probably squirming at this point since I knew I was both times I was outed as a bad guy.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #432
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I voted for
Old 08-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #433
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

sorry, my co-worker is an idiot, I voted for Mr. Wednesday.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #434
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I voted for
I missed it?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #435
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah, I missed it. My bad. You voted right before digamma. It was contained within the thread so it wasn't as obvious as when it's on a separate line.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:45 PM   #436
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Add it up man. Actually, saldana has moved up on my list ahead of you. I'll check him tonight if I survive.

cool...i graduated from mussolini to hirohito in the axis of evil

check away, just please use bold type when you clear me as nothing but a villager.

Last edited by saldana : 08-26-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:53 PM   #437
MrBug708
Head Coach

Raiders Army, why are you so quick to accuse me as being a member of the mafia? Based solely on how quickly I jumped on the "voting bandwagon"? I didn't jump as fast yesterday because there was little proof until Henry outed himself as the seer then of course it was a little more believeable. Same thing happened today too. Basically I'm guilty based on voting with evidence?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #438
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Raiders Army, why are you so quick to accuse me as being a member of the mafia? Based solely on how quickly I jumped on the "voting bandwagon"? I didn't jump as fast yesterday because there was little proof until Henry outed himself as the seer then of course it was a little more believeable. Same thing happened today too. Basically I'm guilty based on voting with evidence?
Again, I think that probably one of you is innocent, and the problem we have right now is that we don't have an investigator to find out who the other mafia are.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #439
Raiders Army
Coordinator

One sec...gotta brush my kids' teeth.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #440
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It still took you a while yesterday to vote for SackAttack. You were 9th out of 12 to vote for him. I was 3rd (or 4th depending on how you look at it with Mr. Wednesday unvoting and then revoting), and I was 1st to vote for him after he did his reveal. You were pretty quick today.

Obviously this analysis is predicated on the fact that:

1: The victory conditions I listed are the true victory conditions for each faction.

2: Mr. Wednesday is a wolf (which should be revealed soon)

3: Wolves and mafia are voting alike.

I admit that I'm not quite as sure with the mafia analysis as I am with the wolf analysis. Depending on which way things go tonight (i.e. no wolf kill) will be our focus on who to go after tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #441
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, and Mr. Bodyguard, please remember me tonight.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:13 PM   #442
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quad-dola, anyone have any ideas on who I should scan tonight?

I'm leaning towards saldana or blade.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #443
saldana
Pro Starter

that was your great theory.....i said the same exact thing at 10 am...post #341 i believe....!!! so far you have done nothing that would change my mind (too late now anyway)
Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #444
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Quad-dola, anyone have any ideas on who I should scan tonight?

I'm leaning towards saldana or blade.

i am begging you to scan me so after our mutual apologies, we can get together and decide who gets it next
Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #445
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i read it just fine, i just dont understand when people like digamma are flying under the radar why you would waste a turn trying to double check me...and dubb was the last person i would have checked...if you are what you say then i just dont get your reasons...henry made a play early and got fluked into death while being a lieutenent mafia...i understand why he did what he did though

Your reasoning, frankly, just seems stupid to me..i dont get your reasoning, i dont get why you would scan wednesday first night and not even mention him today, why you wouldnt scan night zero neon makes sure you submit scans, he wont advance till all are in...you just have way to much highly suspicious info...sorry, not buying it for a second...
Post #341
Old 08-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #446
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola, and at this point, i would have to say about R.A.'s attempt to concern us about the number of other wolves and the potential mismatch in numbers if we kill him, that is also moot point...if he really is the seer, he has already given us two targets for the next two nights, and based on what SackAttack said as he was being lynched last night, this is a 3 way game...the wolves and the mafia are not working together... which means the wolves victims could easily and probably should have been mafia, in an effort to pave their way to victory by eliminating the people that can take them out, since there is no obvious defense for the villagers against the wolves.

post 361, my bad
Old 08-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #447
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
post 361, my bad
Ah but you did not state it as eloquently as I did.

Additionally, you gave us no further analysis. That is why I said some people were close.

I didn't want to say it earlier today for fear of tainting the sequence of voting.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #448
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What song do you have for me, BTW?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #449
saldana
Pro Starter

"i hate everything about you"
Old 08-26-2005, 08:23 PM   #450
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
"i hate everything about you"
Ugly Kid Joe. Not bad taste. Actually I will scan you. At least then I can put some credence to my theory. I'm already sure about one of the two I picked out (Mr. Wednesday), so if I'm right about you then we can look a little more closely at yesterday's votes for mafia actions.