(546) Cronin unvotes AlanT(0) ***
(546) Cronin votes Cronin (4)
(553) BrianD votes Cronin (5)
(564) Spleen votes AlanT(1)
(573) Tyrith votes Fouts (1)
(580) LSG votes AlanT (2)
(586) Cronin unvotes Cronin (4) ***
(586) Cronin votes AlanT(3)

(4) Cronin - AlanT (445), Lathum (452), Anxiety (538), BrianD (553)
(3) AlanT - Spleen (564), LSG (580), Cronin (586)
(1) Fouts - Tyrith (573)
(0) Lathum
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:13 PM   #604
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola
damn I'll fix it with Tyrith's recent change.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #605
SnDvls
Pro Starter

as of post #604

correct me if I'm wrong

(445) AlanT votes Cronin (1)
(452) Lathum votes Cronin (2)
(454) Cronin votes Lathum (1)
(527) Cronin unvotes Lathum(0)***
(527) Cronin votes AlanT (1)
(538) Anxiety votes Cronin (3)
(546) Cronin unvotes AlanT(0) ***
(546) Cronin votes Cronin (4)
(553) BrianD votes Cronin (5)
(564) Spleen votes AlanT(1)
(573) Tyrith votes Fouts (1)
(580) LSG votes AlanT (2)
(586) Cronin unvotes Cronin (4) ***
(586) Cronin votes AlanT(3)
(602) Tyrith unvotes Fouts (0) ***
(602) Tyrith votes AlanT (4)

(4) Cronin - AlanT (445), Lathum (452), Anxiety (538), BrianD (553)
(4) AlanT - Spleen (564), LSG (580), Cronin (586), Tyrith (602)
(0) Fouts
(0) Lathum
Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #606
st.cronin
General Manager

That's a lot of people still haven't voted.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #607
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Woo, love the sudden vote swing while I left to go home

Well at least on the bright side its now a race to see where people draw their allegiances. Not sure what else I can say, I've pretty much given my opinions on things all day to the point you all are voting me because you're tired of them

If folks have questions, I'll answer them. Otherwise I'll just sit back and watch for a while.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #608
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
That's a lot of people still haven't voted.

not votes thus far

path12, ntndeacon, Glengoyne, Mr. Wednesday, Chief Rum, Fouts, saldana, SnDvls, hoopsguy
Old 10-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #609
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I really don't want a st.cronin vs. Alan face-off today. Unfortunately, my other choices for piling onto have disappeared.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #610
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I really don't want a st.cronin vs. Alan face-off today. Unfortunately, my other choices for piling onto have disappeared.

there are still 9 of us who also feel that way too by the non-votes
Old 10-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #611
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I urge you to put forth a candidate. There are, what, 9 players who haven't voted? Anything can happen.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #612
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Its 4 to 4 with alot of people who haven't voted yet. If you have someone else there is plenty of time to make a case for them. The way you are making yourself sound you're trying to set up distance for a possible villager lynch where you can later say "I didn't want either to die"

I feel pretty comfortable in a run off with Cronin right now, I think the Stars still have the odds of numbers and in the end I'll win this vote. I think I'm pretty convinced after Cronin tried to make people have doubts that he might be the police chief. So I'm ok sitting back like this is.. but I don't like your approach of sitting back and saying well I dont want to vote for either of them but you all are forcing me to.

If you want to vote for someone else, do it and make a case for them. Otherwise vote for who you think is most likely bad (even if its for me) then that way you have some accountability when it turns up that Im good.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #613
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I urge you to put forth a candidate. There are, what, 9 players who haven't voted? Anything can happen.

ha beat you to it
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #614
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

As everyone chimes out with the same thing lol..
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #615
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
ha beat you to it

You beat me to it too.. but I typed more!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #616
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

To be honest I dont want a cronin vs alan thing today either, they both lead the discussion and throw out a lot of ideas. But i can't shake this feeling that alan is playing us. And I too said F this in my last game cuz i felt i was being ganged up on for no reason... so i probably am sympathizing with Cronin
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #617
Tyrith
College Starter

How can us STARS know to save you Alan? What real solid evidence have you given us to swing the vote away from you? Really I don't want you or cronin to be lynched today; I prefer that the two of you go at it a while longer and drag in some more people so we can learn more later. But there is zero momentum for anyone else. I'm willing to try Fouts again, or really if anyone has any kind of ideas please just put them out there.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #618
st.cronin
General Manager

Tyrith, Mr. W:

Do either of you have any thoughts on Lathum or BrianD? Or even hoopsguy?

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #619
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
How can us STARS know to save you Alan? What real solid evidence have you given us to swing the vote away from you? Really I don't want you or cronin to be lynched today; I prefer that the two of you go at it a while longer and drag in some more people so we can learn more later. But there is zero momentum for anyone else. I'm willing to try Fouts again, or really if anyone has any kind of ideas please just put them out there.

Right now as Im watching today, I am just noting who makes what cases for what. I guess I'm looking to see who is using what I feel is sound judgement for their cases and giving good reasoning for it. There are some who seem to be making some BS excuses and jumping on one or the other.. there are others who seem to be trying to distance themselves from any bad response at all..

If I do live today, I won't necessarily think bad of someone because they voted for me. I will however think bad of someone who votes for me because of a lame reason, or does the vote and run or such.

I can't give you any proof not to vote for me, but I have given you mathematical reasons why others are better votes today. Even if not 100%, its still the mathematical best choices.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #620
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith, Mr. W:

Do either of you have any thoughts on Lathum or BrianD? Or even hoopsguy?

The entire Brian thing was overblown. KWhit was very likely just doing a typical Day 1 thing and was a mostly random kill. Right now he's in the big group of neutrals I have.

Lathum, I don't like his plan of killing everyone that's been talking seeing that it will collect me eventually He's doing his typical Lathum thing, somehow dodging attention even though he stirred up trouble yesterday. Definately worth keeping an eye on.

Hoops...my paranoid fear was that he and Lathum were bad guys together again and doing another distraction ploy to seperate themselves, but I quickly dismissed that because of the way we like to create Day 1 dogpiles for no good reason. Hoops scares me just because he's hoops.

The one thing I've really noticed is how Lathum has managed to isolate himself from cronin, hoops, and possibly alan. I'm not really sure what to make of this.

And I still hate my vote.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #621
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK, I think I'll have a little bit of a go at setting a field other than st.cronin and Alan.

Lathum: First vote overall, voted for hoops and switched to st.cronin; if you trust both players, this should be worrisome. Briefly caught a stray vote by Chief Rum.
Fouts: First vote on st.cronin, but hasn't done anything else that should attract attention. Caught a stray vote by ntndeacon.
ntndeacon: First vote on fouts, left it there as a stray vote.
hoopsguy, spleen, Tyrith, Sndvls: Early rush onto bulletsponge.
path12: Created a tie by voting for st.cronin, says it was intentional at that stage to try to flush more votes.
BrianD, Saldana, myself: Next rush of votes onto bulletsponge; I justify my vote by observing that by now, it's been far too long without any word from him.
LoneStarGirl: Makes a possible throwaway vote when it appears that bulletsponge is pretty securely lynched; as we know that he was STARS, we can be sure that there would not have been a late rush by Umbrella/zombies to save him.
Glengoyne and Chief Rum: votes so late on Bulletsponge that they are effectively throwaways.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #622
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I have another person who would interest me as a possible candidate, but as we're playing a little close to the vest on the whole chief thing, I'm not comfortable getting into that yet.

I just went back through all of day 1 and I'm in the same boat you describe here.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #623
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Lathum, I don't like his plan of killing everyone that's been talking seeing that it will collect me eventually He's doing his typical Lathum thing, somehow dodging attention even though he stirred up trouble yesterday. Definately worth keeping an eye on.

lol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #624
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
The one thing I've really noticed is how Lathum has managed to isolate himself from cronin, hoops, and possibly alan. I'm not really sure what to make of this.
That's an interesting observation, which might actually tend to be in his favor.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #625
path12
Coordinator

I would like to ask this question: Does anyone think that both cronin and AlanT are stars?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #626
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think it's possible. I don't have a firm opinion on it, though.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #627
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I would like to ask this question: Does anyone think that both cronin and AlanT are stars?

The thought has certainly crossed my mind.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:51 PM   #628
Fouts
College Starter

Ok, caught up. After reading Alan's reasoning about why he chose myself and cronin, I can see where he's going with it. The flaw is that if we only have 2 candidates (both STARS), then the PC is pigeon-holed into voting for one of them.

I think there is a reason the zombies kiled KWhit. They are after the PC, so they had an inkling that KWhit might have been the PC.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #629
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
The thought has certainly crossed my mind.

it should have crossed most people's minds, only because today is really like day 1 in that bullett didn't even know he was playing. day 1 usually is two villagers fighting it out. I guess you could say some of this also happened yesterday though.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #630
hoopsguy
General Manager

Catching up, but I'm willing to back an alternate candidate besides the two guys with four votes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #631
Fouts
College Starter

I think we need a 3rd candidate. Giving the PC only 2 options may not help us later in the game. I agree with others in that the PC's biggest role is his voting record.

vote BrianD
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #632
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just a general question - if you had the ability as a member of STARS to night scan last night, who would you have gone after?

Would you have gone after a particular player because of track record in the game or would you have gone after someone who, situationally, made sense after Day 1 was complete?

This is factoring into my thinking right now as I'm going back to review Day 2 behavior.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #633
Tyrith
College Starter

Gonna be gone for two hours or so. I hope we come up with another candidate while I'm gone
Old 10-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #634
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Just a general question - if you had the ability as a member of STARS to night scan last night, who would you have gone after?

Would you have gone after a particular player because of track record in the game or would you have gone after someone who, situationally, made sense after Day 1 was complete?

I would have gone after either you or cronin.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #635
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i spent the rest of the day at work contemplating things, and i am relatively sure that cronin is a good guy. i have no take on bullet at this point, but unless i am way off base, cronin and i are on the same team...my vote is to keep him alive.

saldana, do you still feel this way?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #636
path12
Coordinator

Sorry about all the questions, I'm trying to work out some things in my mind but want to be careful about what I put out there at the moment.

So then, one more: Does anyone feel Lathum and AlanT are both stars?

And finally: Does all this star/non-star talk remind anyone else of the Sneetches?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #637
hoopsguy
General Manager

If somone scanned Cronin last night and learned his faction was STARS, how do you think they would operate today? Just how public would they want to be in the process of defending him?

Flip it around - if they scanned him and saw him as another faction, would they come out and reveal directly or hope that we followed up on the candidate from yesterday?

So right now I'm trying to figure out if someone is taking a hard stand either way on him and how that might differ from yesterday's thoughts on Cronin.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #638
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

If I weren't thinking as much as I should about it, I'd go after someone like Alan who was doing a lot of talking, so that I knew how much stock to put in it.

If I were thinking a little bit more clearly, I would probably take a shot at identifying the target of a possible police chief (not the chief himself), which would give info both about the target and about the prospective chief.

The discussion about how the chief I think came late enough that I might not have been bright enough to think about the second angle.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #639
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
If somone scanned Cronin last night and learned his faction was STARS, how do you think they would operate today? Just how public would they want to be in the process of defending him?

Flip it around - if they scanned him and saw him as another faction, would they come out and reveal directly or hope that we followed up on the candidate from yesterday?

So right now I'm trying to figure out if someone is taking a hard stand either way on him and how that might differ from yesterday's thoughts on Cronin.

Has anybody really played it differently today than yesterday, though? I'm thinking not... Alan was pressuring him yesterday, and has been pushing today too. There's been some general unease in other quarters, but nothing I'd count as an outright defense.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #640
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I've seen this game from AlanT before and I don't trust him one bit. My vote was for St.Cronin yesterday and I am sticking with it today but IF he is lynched AND he comes up good I am all over AlanT tomorrow.

VOTE ST.CRONIN

Lathum, this is one of the things that make me uneasy about you.

1.) You vote for me Day 1
2.) You chastise Alan for his play today, then say you are sticking with your Day 1 vote. But if you Day 1 and 2 vote, St. Cronin is wrong, then you are blaming Alan for it

That is the kind of table-setting you can do more easily with somewhat complete information. Cronin and I both maintain that you cannot be the Police Chief and make the votes you have made this game. So you do not have player information in that manner .... what does that leave? Hmm, two factions that know each other.

If I believe Cronin today I really think you are the person that we should be voting for more than Alan or Fouts or anyone else who has been suggested.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #641
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm going to make a semi-placeholder vote right now, but I am very interested in hoops' latest line of discussion. (i.e. there's a reasonable chance my vote will change before the end of the night, er, day)

VOTE BrianD

Old 10-26-2006, 05:23 PM   #642
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I think we need a 3rd candidate. Giving the PC only 2 options may not help us later in the game. I agree with others in that the PC's biggest role is his voting record.

vote BrianD

I would also like a 3rd candidate, but I see absolutely no reason to suspect BrianD.

vote Lathum

I see no way that both Lathum and AlanT are stars, and I'm more willing given the posts to date to give Alan the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM   #643
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll go ahead and put my vote down for now. Time will tell if Lathum can move me off of it.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 10-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #644
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
saldana, do you still feel this way?

yes...i think alan's logic is highly flawed...he is making huge leaps and assumptions that i am not comfortable with...i am not sure yet where my vote will land but it will be either alan or lathum today...cronin is on the radar, but is a very small blip at this point
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #645
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think I have found what I was looking for earlier. There is not much chance that I will be voting for Cronin today.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #646
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So why am I picking up votes?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #647
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think I have found what I was looking for earlier. There is not much chance that I will be voting for Cronin today.

You might need to expand on this a bit.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #648
hoopsguy
General Manager

Brian, I think I'm narrowing in on a few roles after having the last 45 minutes to review posts from today. I do not think it is necessarily in STARS' best interests to expand on what roles are potentially held by who (heck, I'm wrong a lot) but for today I'm unlikely to vote for Cronin.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #649
path12
Coordinator

I'll be out in about 10 minutes and likely not back before lynch -- the gf signed us up for some kind of get out the vote volunteer thing. I'm fine with where I'm at anyway -- I think we get the most information out of either Alan or Lathum right now.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #650
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Alan. I listened to Alan connect the dots...which might have been a mistake. His entire theory on Day 1 has kind of gone too far at this point, I think.

This is where I stand with a little over a page to catch up on. Up to this opint I have been thinking I was going to vote Alan. If the choice is Alan or Cronin. I didn't see the Cronin connection so much as others, so I was sharing his frustration with receiving heat. Then I just got to the self vote. That throws me into a quandry.

Early votes are brutal, as there is so little to go on. I know I'm much more comfortable evaluating a person's posts in light of their voting history after a few days. I know the conventional wisdom is that the wolves benefit if there is no lynch...I just have a problem with that in the early going. We don't have any history voting, in game actions, or really even post history to hold against someone. If someone strongly represents wolf, at least in my estimation, then I'll vote for them early and often. I'm just not comfortable voting with no guidance early in the game.

Just a note: A long damn time has passed since I typed this post, but I'm hitting submit anyway.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote