I literally have 15 pms to wade throughhold on

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #852
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I wonder if Dubb's unvote and revote instigated the eclipse?
Hmm. Have we had any votes and revotes like that before this game?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #853
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Isn't that a 2 minute minor?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #854
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

An interesting theory. Are you saying that the first unvote and revote of the same player started the eclipse?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #855
Autumn
Head Coach

PB, Jackal and RA look good upon a brief glance at these votes. Those possibly trying to save DV could include NTN, Lathum, BK, Thomkal. I guess I have to say Dubb as well though I'm not sure why he would unvote henry if that's the case. Then again we all thought we had a bunch more time.

I think those with the ability need to look into the possibility of NTN being converted. But otherwise it doesn't make any sense to vote him at this point. I will vote tomorrow between Lathum, BK and Thomkal therefore.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #856
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
An interesting theory. Are you saying that the first unvote and revote of the same player started the eclipse?
It seems like we must have had someone unvote and revote the same person already.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #857
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
PB, Jackal and RA look good upon a brief glance at these votes. Those possibly trying to save DV could include NTN, Lathum, BK, Thomkal. I guess I have to say Dubb as well though I'm not sure why he would unvote henry if that's the case. Then again we all thought we had a bunch more time.

I think those with the ability need to look into the possibility of NTN being converted. But otherwise it doesn't make any sense to vote him at this point. I will vote tomorrow between Lathum, BK and Thomkal therefore.
Please explain to me how I tried to save DV?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #858
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

I don't know, it's a possibility. Not that it necessarily matters, but it stands out about your vote.

Dubb, do you think the dark charm could have played into the event?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #859
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Please explain to me how I tried to save DV?

You voted for someone else after DV was a lead candidate, that's all. I listed everyone who voted for other candidates after DV took a strong lead.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #860
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It seems like we must have had someone unvote and revote the same person already.

Could be. Just a random factoid. Could have had nothing to do with Dubb's vote at all, could have something to do with Henry (what item did he have?), could have to do with the dark charm or someone else's item. I don't have vote histories to check about revotes.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #861
Autumn
Head Coach

dola

all right, now I need to do some work, bbl
Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #862
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
All right, this isn't all the votes but starting from as far back as I could scroll in my limited time (i need to be working). Someone else can fill in the first couple votes

Autumn votes henry 1
someone votes darth 1-1
DV votes CF 1-1-1
dubb votes henry 2-1-1
PB votes darth 2-2-1
jackal votes darth 3-2-1
henry votes CF 3-2-2
ntn votes henry 3-3-2
RA votes darth 4-3-2
lathum votes cf 4-3-3
bk votes cf 4-4-3
dubb unvotes henry 4-4-2
thomkal votes henry 4-4-3
dubb votes henry 4-4-4

In my own defense, if I'm a Servant, especially if I knew nothing about this event like I suspect they didn't, why am I voting for Henry, when Darth, probably the most powerul of the Servants is tied with Crimson for the lead? It was 4-4-2 when I voted for Henry. If I'm a Servant, I'm voting to save Darth, not to bring Henry up to one vote out of the tie.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #863
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Dubb, do you think the dark charm could have played into the event?

I know nothing about the dark charm. I don't know how to use it, what it does, or anything. So I guess it could have had something. Dark=Night, I really don't know.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #864
The Jackal
Coordinator

Got a quick check-in post-dinner and looks like we've made a legitimate dent here! Will be back tomorrow but on my phone all day as I'm goin out of town for a job fair and hockey game so don't expect me to be super active
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #865
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
CrimsonFox is also destroyed. His Colt Peacemaker, Charm of Protection against Detection and Sherrif Badge are confiscated for evidence.

The Charm of Protection against Detection is what I started with btw. I didn't want to list its name because I didn't want the wolves to know it was out there to be had, since it would obviously benefit them and not the village.

I can say which person I gave it to night 1 if the village wants me to verify one of the roles in the game, but don't want to give the wolves any more info than necessary really.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #866
Autumn
Head Coach

I wouldn't tell, J23, if I were you. But it's good to know.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #867
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
In my own defense, if I'm a Servant, especially if I knew nothing about this event like I suspect they didn't, why am I voting for Henry, when Darth, probably the most powerul of the Servants is tied with Crimson for the lead? It was 4-4-2 when I voted for Henry. If I'm a Servant, I'm voting to save Darth, not to bring Henry up to one vote out of the tie.

Good point Thomkal. To play devil's advocate, assuming the bad guys didn't know that the eclipse was about to happen you might have expected to have more time to make some moves.

In fact who was Poli coming in to vote for? Henry, right?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #868
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Good point Thomkal. To play devil's advocate, assuming the bad guys didn't know that the eclipse was about to happen you might have expected to have more time to make some moves.

The same can be said about me as can be said about Thom. If I am bad I'm voting CF to save DV, especially after I say I suspect him, rather than voting for Henry and forcing a three way tie. This goes double if I know about the early nightfall.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #869
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I can't dispute that Autumn, but why would the Servants try to bring a third candidate into the lynch? Dubb changed back to Henry after me, so are you saying he, Poli, and I are all Servants?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #870
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree with this and I put others as more suspicious of the Henry voters.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #871
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't dispute that Autumn, but why would the Servants try to bring a third candidate into the lynch? Dubb changed back to Henry after me, so are you saying he, Poli, and I are all Servants?

I'm saying with a few hours to go the pressure isn't necessarily on to tie it up. Adding a third candidate makes it more likely that poeple will vote elsewhere than DV. I'm not saying that's the case, but it's certainly a possibility.

That said, of the group of voters who did not vote for DV after he took the lead, BK's vote is the most suspect, for the reasons you point out. He indeed did vote for the next leading candidate. Whether that was for nefarious reasons or not, who knows, but he's my most likely suspect out of that group.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #872
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post diving, most/all of these are either votes or comments on votes:

612 - Danny opens day voting for Darth. No reason for villager to do this unless they think he has been somehow compromised.

620 - Autumn votes for Henry, follow the voting history

627 - Lathum intrigued by Danny vote for Darth

651 - DV votes CrimsonFox

687 - Dubb votes Henry

705 - PB votes Darth. Ties vote with villager Henry. Good spot for PB.

707 - Jackal puts DV ahead in votes. Another villager looking vote.

714 - NTN votes Henry

720 - RA votes Darth. Again, vote for bad guy in tight spot.

721 - Lathum votes CF, would like to keep close between 3 people.

722 - Dubb "asking myself why I'm voting Henry right now rather than DV"

723 - BK votes Crimson

725 - Dubb unvotes Henry

726 - Thomkal votes Henry, "follow the Scientist"

728 - Dubb agrees with Thomkal, "follow the Scientist" and re-votes Henry. This creates 4-4-4 tie.

729 - DAY ENDED

731 - Poli comes in voting Henry, not knowing day was over?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #873
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - any slack given for the "vote for lead vamp" could be mitigated by the wolves not all knowing each other. Personally, I don't put too much stock in this ... for now, I'm assuming that some wolves knew each other. And that the most likely wolf to be known is the head wolf.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #874
hoopsguy
General Manager

If someone has time tomorrow, I think it would be worth putting together the vote/unvote charts from the first couple of days to see where our now-dead folks sat in the vote count.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #875
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Post diving, most/all of these are either votes or comments on votes:
612 - Danny opens day voting for Darth. No reason for villager to do this unless they think he has been somehow compromised.

You mean no reason for wolf to do this?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #876
hoopsguy
General Manager

Er, yes - that is what I meant in that spot.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #877
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Screw my team man! i was the leader, I handpicked them with conversions, I specifically tell them not to do what they did and what do they do? They Kill ME!!!

F**king bogus

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #878
Danny
Head Coach

DV, just be careful not to say anymore because you're dead now.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #879
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm not an idiot Danny

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #880
Danny
Head Coach

Of course not, but sometimes people say things out of frustration.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #881
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The sun brings to a close Night Three. It was a much redder night than normal. A much longer night too.

The close of the night finds your number once again gathering in the early dawn hours in Cape Girardeau and today, once of your number is missing. You quest for him, but find his corpse down by the docks. You see evidence of very foul play upon his body. Some of you turn away from the disgusting scene.

Danny has been killed!

Night Three, such as it was, is over. Day Four begins and ends at 10 pm EST>

Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #882
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Fine! I apologize to everyone I offended. As punishment i'll suspend myself for 3 games and take myself off the Host list

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #883
Danny
Head Coach

oh well, good luck village
Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #884
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Night all!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #885
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sorry Danny.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:56 AM   #886
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Order of Vladd, Third Rank – You are a vampire and the leader of this group of Servants of the Red Death. At night, you can be sent to either try to corrupt or to kill. During the day, just once during the game, you can Enthrall someone. That person will be forced to change their vote and will be unable to change it back. You must do this at least one hour before the deadline. You cannot be identified by the Adept.

This is interesting.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #887
The Jackal
Coordinator

BK and Lathum, if you've got something to share with us about now would be the time because your votes yesterday don't look good at all and are likely going to thrust you to the forefront of the voting today.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #888
J23
College Benchwarmer

It's interesting that it doesn't say any kind of role for Danny. I suppose we should assume he was a vanilla villager?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #889
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
BK and Lathum, if you've got something to share with us about now would be the time because your votes yesterday don't look good at all and are likely going to thrust you to the forefront of the voting today.
I stand by my reasoning at the time: CF had posted a lot, but little of substance that I could find. I can't help how it looks now.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #890
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
It's interesting that it doesn't say any kind of role for Danny. I suppose we should assume he was a vanilla villager?
That's what the first page seems to indicate.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #891
Autumn
Head Coach

Barkeep definitely has the most suspect vote yesterday. But looking through Hoops' notes the thing that strikes me is Dubb, also. He votes Henry early in the day to make it 2-1-1 I believe, putting Henry in front of DV. He comments later that should he be voting DV instead of Henry? He then unvotes Henry, then votes Henry again when given an excuse/reason by Thomkal. This kind of smacks of a wolf not wanting to vote DV but wanting to make it look in the record like he was considering it. As he pointed out last night he could have voted CF there at the end. But I kind of wonder whether hte wolves knew CF was the sheriff and wary of a reveal didn't want to be on him. Consider Dubb and Barkeep my top suspects today.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #892
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
After some pm conversations, I have decided to clarify a previous statement in the thread. Listen very carefully.

After Night Four, there is no night action that can result in a conversion.

That is all I can say about that. Interpret it however you will.

With the head vamp being dead, I'm not sure what relevance this really has any more, but figured I would remind everyone that tonight is the last chance for a night conversion. (As hoops pointed out before, this does specify night and who knows if there are any day actions that would cause conversions)
Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #893
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning All

Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #894
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks for letting us know, Poli. I think it would have been better to hold on that type of thing, but at least now we know what the other one does.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #895
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
vote jackal

No reason other than a bad vibe and it's very likely to be changed, but I refuse to be bull moose specialed again.

Bad vibe? I have a crucial vote on the lead bad guy when I in no way had to vote for him, what else do I have to do?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #896
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

I'm still in the game out of respect for Abe and the effort he has put in, but not sure how polarized I will be.

To answer your question, it is hard to defend a D2 vote that was cast with almost half the remaining players still to vote but, like I said I wanted to keep it close to see where the votes went. If you think about it, had everyone voted and we had a normal day that would have worked quiet well since there was a wolf on the line there would have been some decisions made by the other wolves.

When I voted CF it was 4 Henry, 4 DV and 2 CF. If I am a wolf why vote CF? If I am saving DV I am voting henry to put him in the lead, not CF, who would still need 2 more votes to leapfrog DV, it makes no sense. If I am going to put myself out there as a wolf I am going to go all the way.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #897
Autumn
Head Coach

heh, nice try Poli.

Well, as I've been saying since last night I think the best evidence we have to go on is the votes yesterday and I think Barkeep's looks most suspicious out of those. I'll go ahead and put my vote out there.

vote barkeep
Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #898
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
heh, nice try Poli.

Well, as I've been saying since last night I think the best evidence we have to go on is the votes yesterday and I think Barkeep's looks most suspicious out of those. I'll go ahead and put my vote out there.

vote barkeep
Why is mine the most suspicious?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #899
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am leery about voting someone based of purely yesterdays history considering it wasn't a complete history.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #900
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, lathums answer resonated with me but "keeping things close" is an easy wolf cover as much as it is a villager play. I'm in agreement that BK's vote seems worse but I don't think a runaway benefits us. I think one of BK and lathum might be wolves so I'm going to follow lathums lead and at least keep things close in the early going here, knowing I may end up elsewhere.

vote lathum