Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #951
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Thomkal

Perhaps I have gotten into such a pattern of people not believing me even in this game (or they think I have been converted) that when someone says hey let's folllow the scientist it puts me on edge. Especially when Ihave shown no special device that ferrets out those evil members of the Red Death.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #952
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

thanks Telle. I thought I had the numbers right but could not have said who, with the exception of Poli since was right after the Eclipse.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #953
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

btw. I shall not be on at all til tomorrow as I have family obligations this evening. but I have sent in my night action already. (something I neglected to do with a phone emergency last night.)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #954
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Thomkal

Perhaps I have gotten into such a pattern of people not believing me even in this game (or they think I have been converted) that when someone says hey let's folllow the scientist it puts me on edge. Especially when Ihave shown no special device that ferrets out those evil members of the Red Death.

I just want to make sure you remember htat Thomkal was apparently knocked out of commission for the day and can't talk in thread, or take a night action. For that reason I'm not considering him as a vote today. You're not required to do the same, but I just want to point it out.

This is assuming that Poli's not telling a fib ;-)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #955
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #986:

1 - Barkeep - Poli (914)
1 - Lathum - The Jackal (918)
1 - Poli - Lathum (929)
2 - dubb - PurdueBrad (932), Autumn (952)
1 - Autumn - dubb (948)
1 - Thomkal - ntndeacon (982)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #956
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm I'm probably going to end up switching off lathum. Even if dubb is telling the truth about the exorcism it doesn't clear him. Thomkal I'm willing to wait to examine until tomorrow (just like with DV two days ago). Do we have a vote count to this point?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #957
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thank ya telle

I have another vote - how many Irish car bombs do I have before the flyers game?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #958
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hmm I'm probably going to end up switching off lathum. Even if dubb is telling the truth about the exorcism it doesn't clear him. Thomkal I'm willing to wait to examine until tomorrow (just like with DV two days ago). Do we have a vote count to this point?

If you're going off of Lathum then where are you planning on putting your vote? 'Cause I was thinking of voting Lathum as well. I think him insisting on focusing on Poli when a number of other people are in agreement that we should be looking at the henry and CF voters is a little off.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #959
J23
College Benchwarmer

I don't think we should worry about major/minor victory ideas for the wolves at this point. If they were going to try a coup, why try it at this stage rather than a night or two later once the conversions were all done?

I think it was simply either an unknown even to everyone, a screw-up by the wolves, or the wolves sacrificing one of their own to gain trust.

I think the third possibility is least likely judging by DV's reaction (I'd hope it wasn't staged considering he was supposed to be dead and all).

Of the remaining two, I'm leaning towards 2, but even if it is number 1, I think it's very likely we have good data on the wolves since they wouldn't have wanted to let DV hang out as the lead vote-getter if possible.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #960
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
If you're going off of Lathum then where are you planning on putting your vote? 'Cause I was thinking of voting Lathum as well. I think him insisting on focusing on Poli when a number of other people are in agreement that we should be looking at the henry and CF voters is a little off.

Another vote for him would help convince me he is a decent spot for a vote. I'm trying to figure where else I'd go, it's pretty much dubb, bk, or it would be a vibe vote on someone not in the running, and though I nailed dv I don't feel that conident to try to direct others on a vibe today when there are suspicious votes/actions in play.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #961
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
What bothers me the most was the frigging timing yesterday. I've been way out of it of late. I placed my day 1 vote as usual...but I miss the next deadline because I'm trying to explain the game to a friend.

Yesterday, what chapped me so bad...I logged in twice before casting my vote to try and catch up...only to get distracted again and again. Then what happens? This craptacular eclipse while I'm trying to finish and
decide who to vote for.

Awesome. Just awesome. I miss it by 7 minutes. 7.

If your vote had gotten in, you realise we would have killed 1 villager, and not two villagers and a wolf, right?(provided no hidden voting stuff) I guess I still don't get why you're so upset at the outcome.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #962
The Jackal
Coordinator

Agreed J, I don't understand why you are still talking about this poli. It's not your fault you missed this vote, one comment about availability was enough. If this has been wolf posturing to paint a villager picture I'll be very disappointed in you, and I'm pretty much ignoring your comments.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #963
J23
College Benchwarmer

My only "vibe" votes would be Telle or Kwhit.

Kwhit because he hasn't contributed as much as I remember him usually doing, though this was the case a couple games ago as well and he was a villager.

Telle because of the item reveal, which seemed fishy to me. This was probably more so to me because I had a Charm of Protection against Detection at the start of the game (as I posted earlier). If the whole name was given at the first reveal, I'd have been less suspicious, but I felt like the answers to my follow-up questions may have been latching onto hints I gave about what my item was.

That being said, for now, I'll be voting someone that we have data on from yesterday's voting.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #964
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I don't think we should worry about major/minor victory ideas for the wolves at this point. If they were going to try a coup, why try it at this stage rather than a night or two later once the conversions were all done?

I think it was simply either an unknown even to everyone, a screw-up by the wolves, or the wolves sacrificing one of their own to gain trust.

I think the third possibility is least likely judging by DV's reaction (I'd hope it wasn't staged considering he was supposed to be dead and all).

Of the remaining two, I'm leaning towards 2, but even if it is number 1, I think it's very likely we have good data on the wolves since they wouldn't have wanted to let DV hang out as the lead vote-getter if possible.

This is pretty much how I feel but I'm glad someone else said it because coming from me it'd look like I'm possibly covering up a DV sacrifice. Worrying about wolf win conditions shouldn't be our primary concern.

I was so happy last night when I found out DV was a wolf and I'm still happy, and with more beers I'm just gonna get happier, till the flyers choke against Minnesota. I'll blame you PB, they are 0-2 in front of me this year
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #965
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post

Why is it off? I have provided sound reasoning about my vote and have also indicated I would switch if need be. It's not like I am going in a totally different direction, there are about 7 people with one vote right now.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #966
Telle
College Starter

J23, I had the Charm of Protection Against Shapeshifters. I didn't want to specify which kind it was because I thought there might be more than one type of "Charm of Protection Against.." item and it would be useful to keep the wolves on their toes as to which ones we had. Also didn't want them to just say "oh, well I guess we just won't use the Shapeshifters for night kills/actions then". But since you pointed out that this particular charm was actually in the rules writeup, I guess it's not really that big of a secret.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #967
The Jackal
Coordinator

I agree on telle but for a different reason, I think shes one of the best conversion targets. Helpful with vote counts, often around late in games, very smart. Plus he has render to advise her!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #968
The Jackal
Coordinator

I meant she of course, my phone autocorrects too much. And with that previous post being said, it's just a vibe and not where I'm going today.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #969
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Why is it off? I have provided sound reasoning about my vote and have also indicated I would switch if need be. It's not like I am going in a totally different direction, there are about 7 people with one vote right now.

Just the vibe I get from it. Basically everyone's saying "let's concentrate on these few people" but you're then "No, I want to go over here instead". Just seems off to me.

So, I think it's time I put a vote in, and I'm going to go with that then.

vote Lathum
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #970
The Jackal
Coordinator

My phone is gonna run out of battery well before 10 at the rate I'm posting, will probably make a final decision before the game and then check in during if I have battery or if notthen when I get on the train at 1045ish
Old 03-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #971
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I agree on telle but for a different reason, I think shes one of the best conversion targets. Helpful with vote counts, often around late in games, very smart. Plus he has render to advise her!

Well thank you for the compliment.. but I tell you, this game certainly doesn't make me feel very smart most times.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #972
The Jackal
Coordinator

So hoops, you've been eerily silent, I know your schedule isn't lovely but any thoughts on the proceedings?

Would like to hear more from kwhit too, if possible
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #973
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Wolves
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #974
The Jackal
Coordinator

Think i'm going to stick with my vote, I don't have a strong read on any of the primary candidates and trust were going to consolidate soon
Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #975
The Jackal
Coordinator

Found an outlet in the pub woo!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #976
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Thats pretty damn meta-gamey.

Not sure how I defend myself here against a "coin toss."

As for the top, sounded better than, "I just have a good feeling about him" but hey, what can I say. Same thing for Poli though in the fact that he attempted to use his wrath in a villager-friendly way.

Coin toss between you and Jackal is that his vote for DV still looks good although we've said time and again that vote history is easier for a wolf to make look good than a villager. So it may swing.

But in the mean time I think I'm going to commit much more to voting for Autumn, Thomkal, or you because of the Henry votes and the fact that Danny put forth the theory of voting for one of you first and was killed.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #977
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is pretty much how I feel but I'm glad someone else said it because coming from me it'd look like I'm possibly covering up a DV sacrifice. Worrying about wolf win conditions shouldn't be our primary concern.

I was so happy last night when I found out DV was a wolf and I'm still happy, and with more beers I'm just gonna get happier, till the flyers choke against Minnesota. I'll blame you PB, they are 0-2 in front of me this year

I hate Minnesota.

GO MINNESOTA!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #978
Autumn
Head Coach

I would like to stick to my Dubb vote, but will vote any of the late non-DV voters, so Lathum, BK, Dubb, Thomkal, I think it was. Well, not Thomkal tonight, so I think Lathum, BK, Dubb.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #979
The Jackal
Coordinator

Pb are you serious? You realize the argument you are using against me makes you just as suspect? It is beyond baffling you would have me in your top 2 right now. I've been very trusting of everyone who votes DV yesterday and the fact you'd elevate me over so many others when I lynched a wolf is... Bizarre
Old 03-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #980
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn I'm the one guy other than NTN that has ANYTHING at all concrete about him at this point. I was exorcised last night and there wasn't a big inthread Abe post about me being evil and now on the side of good. If you think that makes me the best lynch candidate today then by all means keep your vote on me. You smeared the exorcist role from the moment I revealed I was exorcised last night, seems to me that that is something a wolf would do.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #981
The Jackal
Coordinator

Look at me down the line, of course, not like that vote completely clears me.. But the next day? Are you trying to tell me you are a wolf?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #982
The Jackal
Coordinator

Dubb I have to back others on this, just because you may have been exorcised does not mean you are not an original un-exorcisable role, you see where they are comin from?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #983
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb I have to back others on this, just because you may have been exorcised does not mean you are not an original un-exorcisable role, you see where they are comin from?

It is silly to think I would have posted analysis that made DV look terrible(it was my analysis that eventually lead to his votes I must think) if I started out as a bad guy with him.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #984
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, sorry Dubb, just not a 'reveal" that does much for me. The only way to confirm it is for the exorcist to reveal, and since killing all the exorcists is a win condition for the wolves, not a good idea. Add in that there may be multiple exorcists in the game, and it sounds like a really bad idea to reveal.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #985
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Pb are you serious? You realize the argument you are using against me makes you just as suspect? It is beyond baffling you would have me in your top 2 right now. I've been very trusting of everyone who votes DV yesterday and the fact you'd elevate me over so many others when I lynched a wolf is... Bizarre

Yeah Jackal, I understand, but at the time you voted, you thought you were making it 2-2-2 which is still a long way from a lynching and gives you ample time to move the vote. And yes, I believe that it does make me a suspect as well but in this game, with exorcisms and conversions, is there really anybody each day that isn't a suspect?

Although I did wrap up my post by saying I'm going to focus on the other three Henry voters: Thomkal, dubb, and Autumn above even you.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #986
Autumn
Head Coach

If you can point out those posts, Dubb, that would be helpful. As I stated, I'm willing to vote among my top three candidates, so feel free to sway me if you've got some evidence.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #987
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So hoops, you've been eerily silent, I know your schedule isn't lovely but any thoughts on the proceedings?

Would like to hear more from kwhit too, if possible

Just trying to catch up at the moment. Will post/vote at least once before the deadline but with NCAA games tonight and me (likely) meeting friends out I won't really be digging my teeth into today's proceedings.

Just a hard day for me at the office, with meetings all morning and someone shadowing me most of the afternoon. My WW time has been cut way short. And this is why I haven't played the last couple, FWIW.

Anyway, if "quiet Hoops" makes me the best candidate I'll accept that. I won't like it, it won't be pro-Lightbringer, yada, yada, yada, but so be it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #988
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, sorry Dubb, just not a 'reveal" that does much for me. The only way to confirm it is for the exorcist to reveal, and since killing all the exorcists is a win condition for the wolves, not a good idea. Add in that there may be multiple exorcists in the game, and it sounds like a really bad idea to reveal.

So rather take the wait and see, he will be exorcised tonight if he is telling a lie approach, we take the, "What he is saying is making sense but can't be proved so let's lynch him" approach?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #989
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if someone wants to pass an item to the Exorcist tonight to test that they are in the game that would be good.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #990
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn, dubb definitely pointed out DV as being suspicious in that recap of a bunch of people the other day, and I'm not saying he's good but it influenced me to vote DV
Old 03-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #991
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, if someone wants to pass an item to the Exorcist tonight to test that they are in the game that would be good.

I believe CR already did that, unless I'm mistaken
Old 03-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #992
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
If you can point out those posts, Dubb, that would be helpful. As I stated, I'm willing to vote among my top three candidates, so feel free to sway me if you've got some evidence.

I was the first and only person to post anti-DV analysis up until day 3. Here are some posts I made.
Quote:
DV

*Darth thinks that no one should be giving away anything about their role this early.
*He states his item does not give any clue as to what it does.
*Votes Autumn with the following reasoning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vilus
Well I'm getting ready to head out in a bit, not sure if i'll be back before i have to go to work (late shift, ugh) so im gonna throw my vote in

Vote Autumn

Nothing more than suggesting everyone to share their info

*Does come back before the deadline. Says he had car trouble. Does not change his vote.
*Says it wasn't the worst day ever.
*Votes RA due to his "pile on EF yesterday."
*Says he is out for the day.

Quote:
Based on what I saw in going back through my top three suspects that were on third candidates would be DV, Crimson, and CR.

Quote:
You are either being really nice or this is really good wolf cover. I wouldn't mind seeing either Henry or DV involved in the runoff tonight.

Quote:
The thing is though that DV appeared on 3 different peoples posted distrust list. I think he was the the only common denominator on the three. The three being Thomkal, Lathum, and myself.

Do you want me to keep going?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #993
The Jackal
Coordinator

And I highly doubt Abe would run a game with conversions with no exorcist
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #994
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Just trying to catch up at the moment. Will post/vote at least once before the deadline but with NCAA games tonight and me (likely) meeting friends out I won't really be digging my teeth into today's proceedings.

Just a hard day for me at the office, with meetings all morning and someone shadowing me most of the afternoon. My WW time has been cut way short. And this is why I haven't played the last couple, FWIW.

Anyway, if "quiet Hoops" makes me the best candidate I'll accept that. I won't like it, it won't be pro-Lightbringer, yada, yada, yada, but so be it.

Wasn't trying to suggest you as a candidate, just I know you know your stuff and wanted to hear from you
Old 03-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #995
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah Jackal, I understand, but at the time you voted, you thought you were making it 2-2-2 which is still a long way from a lynching and gives you ample time to move the vote. And yes, I believe that it does make me a suspect as well but in this game, with exorcisms and conversions, is there really anybody each day that isn't a suspect?

Although I did wrap up my post by saying I'm going to focus on the other three Henry voters: Thomkal, dubb, and Autumn above even you.

Again call it meta gamey If you want but Im pretty sure I said I wasn't going to be around to switch my vote, and you must be talking about a different post because the one i remember you said I was in a coin flip with dubb!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #996
The Jackal
Coordinator

Going to credit Abe for a great game to keep me busy and in good spirits in what was a depressing job fair and a likely depressing flyers game to come. Can I get a GO FLYERS EF?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #997
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote BK

Solely based on last night's vote. I apologize that I don't think I'll be around any more tonight to do much else.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #998
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone with a current vote count? I saw one earlier that looked like a bunch of people with one ...
Old 03-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #999
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'll be heading out in a bit to go watch the Dawgs game and may or may not check in from my phone.

I see no reason to change my vote. If I get a chance to check and need to switch to protect myself I will, but to be honest I really don't care if I am lynched.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #1000
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm sortve convincing myself that lathum isn't a wolf. I'd like to see a vote count too.