Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2024, 11:09 AM   #151
Passacaglia
Coordinator

These are great, thanks so much for doing things! I'm still trying to get things figured out. I'm trying to start in 1976, with a 28_6_16 setup. Looks great, but I want to make some changes, and I'm having trouble. I want to change the Arizona Cardinals to the St. Louis Cardinals. That seems like it should be simple -- I went into default_teams, took a row for St. Louis Cardinals from the 26_6_14 rows, pasted it in place of the 28_6_16 row for Arizona, changed the first couple columns to 28_6_16 and the teamID to 1. But how does the game account for some rows having two TEAMNAME fields? It looks like teams with two names in the city have an extra semicolon between them. You'd think that would throw off the CSV, and it seems to when I change it. I'm also trying to make the standings read as "N.Y. Jets" and "N.Y. Giants" instead of "New York J" and "New York G" but I get errors when I make these changes.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 01:52 PM   #152
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
These are great, thanks so much for doing things! I'm still trying to get things figured out. I'm trying to start in 1976, with a 28_6_16 setup. Looks great, but I want to make some changes, and I'm having trouble. I want to change the Arizona Cardinals to the St. Louis Cardinals. That seems like it should be simple -- I went into default_teams, took a row for St. Louis Cardinals from the 26_6_14 rows, pasted it in place of the 28_6_16 row for Arizona, changed the first couple columns to 28_6_16 and the teamID to 1. But how does the game account for some rows having two TEAMNAME fields? It looks like teams with two names in the city have an extra semicolon between them. You'd think that would throw off the CSV, and it seems to when I change it. I'm also trying to make the standings read as "N.Y. Jets" and "N.Y. Giants" instead of "New York J" and "New York G" but I get errors when I make these changes.

Never mind, I think I figured it out. When I opened the file in OpenOffice, it was counting spaces as delimiters. Opening it in notepad instead got it right, without having to worry about converting. I have St. Louis working properly instead of Arizona now. And in the standings it says N.Y. Jets and N.Y. Giants, but there are times when it calls them N.Y. Jets Jets and N.Y. Giants Giants. That looks pretty dumb, but I hate seeing "New York J" so much that I'm not sure.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:30 PM   #153
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool View Post
https://ibb.co/sRpdHbp

In the LEAGUE OVERVIEW Screen
Can the Conference Names be changed?

AFC E to AFC EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Probably a column width issue. Otherwise I'd expect AC there.

Quote:
Expect AC There?
It's AFC E etc. there now, can't be edited to East?

Quote:
It'd be AC and not AFC if it weren't using your changes.

Quote:
You can change Conferences but not the but not the Divisions so it’s not taking all the changes on that screen.

Quote:
Not sure how to state this more clearly. It changed the division names. They no longer are AC E, AC W, etc. They're AFC E, AFC W, etc. It's a truncation of your changes.

Quote:
That’s exactly what I just stated, if you can’t see it, it’s the same difference.

Quote:
You said it's NOT taking your changes, did you not? It IS taking your changes. It changed AC to AFC, but it's truncated. Are you suggesting something else???

Quote:
Yes now, any way to untruncate it so the entire Divison name is showing also instead of just an E, W, N or S?

As difficult as this exchange was...did anyone figure out how to change division names so they look like "AFC East" and so on? I've changed "AC" and "NC" to "AFC" and "NFC" in two different files, and it's not changing in the game. And I don't see anyplace else I should change it.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:20 PM   #154
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I mean, I guess if you made the text super small it's possible that all the characters would fit on that screen.

It has been so long that I have no idea which file(s) I changed to make it work, but mine says "AFC East", "NFC South", etc. on the standings screen, but the league overview screen is just AFC E, NFC S, etc. Five characters is the max on that screen. (Again, at least with my font choice/size. No interest in making it smaller just to see if I can see the full division names on that one screen.)

Dropbox - Screenshot 2024-02-23 17.16.27.png - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Screenshot 2024-02-23 17.18.52.png - Simplify your life
Old 02-29-2024, 01:02 PM   #155
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I mean, I guess if you made the text super small it's possible that all the characters would fit on that screen.

It has been so long that I have no idea which file(s) I changed to make it work, but mine says "AFC East", "NFC South", etc. on the standings screen, but the league overview screen is just AFC E, NFC S, etc. Five characters is the max on that screen. (Again, at least with my font choice/size. No interest in making it smaller just to see if I can see the full division names on that one screen.)

Dropbox - Screenshot 2024-02-23 17.16.27.png - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Screenshot 2024-02-23 17.18.52.png - Simplify your life

Well this is weird. I just looked at it again and the division names are in the way they are supposed to be now. I thought they weren't because when you create a game, the screen where you choose your team was still calling it AC East. But then I started playing around with fonts, and now even that screen is named correctly, no matter what font I choose.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:03 PM   #156
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But for the record, the smallest you can make the font is 10, and even then, it still makes it "AFC E" in the league overview.