Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #51
molson
General Manager

It's depressing to me that a person at random, who came across a wallet, would make a series of decisions, not whether to give the wallet back and seek out the owner or return it, but just what things to steal and and how to profit from those things.

I wonder what % of people walking on the street would do that, and how unlucky it is when that happens.

I found a very loaded wallet on a dog walk a few months ago. Even looking at it beyond morals, the joy I got to be able to be a hero, with minimal effort, and finding the owner, far surpassed whatever happiness I would have gotten from a limited Wal-Mart spree. And I'm so happy that's true. And I wonder why that's true for me and not someone else. Good parenting? I'll tell my parents it was good parenting. Another chance to be a hero with minimal effort.

Last edited by molson : 08-25-2020 at 10:56 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #52
Edward64
Head Coach

Never found a wallet but I was travelling internationally and went to a money changer at the airport. There were 2 women ahead of me and when they left, I realized they left a load of local currency bills (probably an inch thick).

It was angled where the money changer couldn't see it. Just for a split second (really) I thought ... and then I said nah. The women were long gone and I told the money changer.

He shut down his station to go find his manager or the women. I had to go find another one.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #53
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Never found a wallet but I have found a cell phone at the the grocery store.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:33 PM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Makes me wonder if Ben was pick pocketed at the park then the thief ditched the wallet right after taking the cards.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I lost my license on an airplane once. It was in my pocket and must have slipped out at some point. Funny thing is it fell right into the carry on bag of the person behind me. Neither of us knew and she found it when she got home. She mailed it back to me with a funny note. The envelope had a return address but no name. I bought $20 of scratch off tickets and sent them to her, with a note wishing her luck and that she should have good karma coming her way.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #56
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Makes me wonder if Ben was pick pocketed at the park then the thief ditched the wallet right after taking the cards.
Unless Plastic Man was at the park, zero chance of that. Upon arrival, my daughter and I walked straight from the car to the dog park. During walk, no one ever was within a good 15-20 feet of us. (We have an extremely friendly and excitable lab puppy that I am still in the process of training not to jump on people, so in a busy park like that with many distractions, I simply stay far away from people.) When we got to the fenced area of the dog park and took her off leash, at no time were there more than 3 other people, and again, I never got near enough to anyone to make pickpocketing remotely possible. Time got away and we had to get home quickly, so we near-sprinted back to the car, again, not coming close to anyone. However, part of the way we took was quite bumpy, and I was running hard while controlling an excited 60-pound puppy on a leash, wearing gym shorts with not-so-deep pockets. I'm virtually certain it bounced out at some point during that run.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:00 PM   #57
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Necromancy --- spooooky
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #58
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

dammit. 2020 is bringing back Plastic Man too?
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #59
miami_fan
Coordinator

I just got alerted that a credit card card under my wife's name was used to spend $99.47 in gas at a 7-Eleven. It is almost two years to the date of our last fraud alert on that card. The weird part is that it was under my wife's name. My wife rarely uses that card.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote