Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2023, 01:25 AM   #51
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0upJacn86cA

On the ground reporting with Palestinian atrocities.

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 02:39 AM   #52
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 07:01 AM   #53
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't agree with his 2nd half analogy but he put it well saying (paraphrased) ... who is right or wrong depends on the point in time of who did what then (and the reaction), and therefore not useful to go back that far.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 07:08 AM   #54
Edward64
Head Coach

Hezbollah has been exchanging hostilities with Israel. Hope that doesn't flare up but can easily see a 2 front "war". Iran holds the strings there.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-15-2023 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:09 PM   #55
miami_fan
Coordinator

Chicago-area landlord charged with hate crimes after fatally stabbing 6-year-old and wounding his mom because they were Muslim, authorities say | CNN
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:25 AM   #56
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-16-2023 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-16-2023, 05:45 AM   #57
Edward64
Head Coach

I think you meant to share the cold open vs monologue?

Yeah, I saw that, good of him to share it.
Old 10-16-2023, 06:24 AM   #58
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I think you meant to share the cold open vs monologue?

Yeah, I saw that, good of him to share it.

i don't know what you're talking about
Old 10-16-2023, 06:44 AM   #59
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Video shows 'families killed amid their belongings' on evacuation route | CNN
Old 10-16-2023, 06:44 AM   #60
Edward64
Head Coach

Hah, datetime stamps never lie
Old 10-16-2023, 02:50 PM   #61
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah but did the kid denounce Hamas?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 02:54 PM   #62
RainMaker
General Manager

Lead addled boomer obsessed with right wing talk.

Joseph Czuba fatally stabbed 6-year-old Palestinian boy after listening to radio and becoming worried about personal safety, prosecutors say - Chicago Sun-Times
Old 10-16-2023, 03:19 PM   #63
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Watch out for those legos
Old 10-16-2023, 04:37 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Belgium-Sweden Euro qualifier suspended after shooting - ESPN
Old 10-17-2023, 01:01 PM   #65
Edward64
Head Coach

Oh frak.

Lots of casualties in Gaza hospital strike
Old 10-17-2023, 01:15 PM   #66
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Well, if you want to win the war of public opinion, that's one way to do it.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:30 PM   #67
Edward64
Head Coach

Currently up for debate if it was Israeli accidental/intentional or Hamas accidental.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:35 PM   #68
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Currently up for debate if it was Israeli accidental/intentional or Hamas accidental.
Israel has to stop the bombing.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:54 PM   #69
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Israel has to stop the bombing.

...but her emails...
Old 10-17-2023, 01:57 PM   #70
GrantDawg

They should take this deal, but there is real questions if this is trust-worthy.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:12 PM   #71
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 10-17-2023, 02:57 PM   #72
GrantDawg

They are saying the death toll is most likely due to the bomb falling in the courtyard of the hospital. Many displaced people are sheltering there in a very tight spot.

Meanwhile, the West Bank is getting hot with protestors because of this bombing.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:58 PM   #73
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, things in the West Bank seem bad too.

Old 10-17-2023, 03:01 PM   #74
Edward64
Head Coach

I’m going to give it time for the US analysts tell me what happened. There seems to be some good night video on what happened.

Abbas has cancelled meeting with Joe. IMO premature but understandable
Old 10-17-2023, 03:04 PM   #75
GrantDawg

Quote:
I’m going to give it time for the US analysts tell me what happened. There seems to be some good night video on what happened.

It is a tightrope he has to walk. That's a tough job.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:06 PM   #76
GrantDawg

IDf claiming they have proof it was a Hamas rocket because of course they do. Even if it was, it will take a neutral arbiter for anyone to believe it.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:10 PM   #77
Edward64
Head Coach

Toss in Islamic Jihad into the finger pointing
Old 10-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #78
RainMaker
General Manager

There is video of it. It's not a misfire. Either was targeted directly or a generator on the hospital messed with the heat seaking tech.

Worth noting that Israel posted another video claiming it was a rocket misfire but the timestamps were off by 30 minutes. So they deleted and reposted without the timestamps when people called them out on it.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-17-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:26 PM   #79
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
There is video of it. It's not a misfire. Either was targeted directly or a generator on the hospital messed with the heat seaking tech.
The idea that this was a counter barrage on a missile launcher that went astride makes sense. The Ukrainian anti-air missile that hit Poland was much bigger than you would imagine one of those missiles would be. Hit an enclosed space where people are in the open and super crowded, that seems realistic.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-17-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:30 PM   #80
GrantDawg

And the more I watch that, that second ground explosion had to hit something to cause a secondary explosion. Fuel tank?
Old 10-17-2023, 03:33 PM   #81
GrantDawg

Old 10-17-2023, 03:43 PM   #82
RainMaker
General Manager

With electricity cut off, they are running on generators. So, the area probably has a decent amount of fuel to keep a hospital running. Then again, Israel has some really powerful rockets that can do incredible damage.

Hospitals have been a prime target for Israel over the years. Hamas has nothing in its arsenal that could come close to leveling a hospital like that.

Old 10-17-2023, 04:05 PM   #83
GrantDawg

From the shots closer to the ground the only thing you can tell is that it was definitely a rocket or missile. It comes in propelled at a high velocity. Not like a gravity bomb. The ground explosion seems to suggest a secondary explosion. Whether it is an Israeli or Hamas rocket, you usually don't see that level of fireball from a missile or rocket. That is like a fuel-burn.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:27 PM   #84
GrantDawg

The best argument on the failed rocket counterclaim is if it had just launched a long-range large rocket laden with fuel could have caused that kind of fireball.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:06 PM   #85
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't think it's a confusing case. Hamas has nothing powerful enough to do that kind of damage. Israel has a history of targeting hospitals.

Israel has said they are going to target the hospital, they warned people to leave, and they proceeded to brag about hitting the hospital after the strike. It was only after some backlash came did they hastily come up with a story about it being a Hamas rocket and post some easily debunked videos that they later had to delete.

This isn't a tough one to crack. They did what they said they would do.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:11 PM   #86
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 10-17-2023, 05:19 PM   #87
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

definitely effective
Old 10-17-2023, 05:33 PM   #88
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Jordan also says no thanks.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:11 PM   #89
GrantDawg

Quote:
I don't think it's a confusing case. Hamas has nothing powerful enough to do that kind of damage.

Actually they do. They use the BADR-3 rockets that they get from Iran. Note the warhead explodes in air and spreads 1.400 pieces of shrapnel. Looks like the damage that was done in this attack.
https://www.debka.com/irans-badr-3-m...ket-offensive/

Quote:
Israel has said they are going to target the hospital, they warned people to leave, and they proceeded to brag about hitting the hospital after the strike. It was only after some backlash came did they hastily come up with a story about it being a Hamas rocket and post some easily debunked videos that they later had to delete.
Can you show me directly where they said to abandon this specific hospital and where they would attack this specific hospital? What I keep seeing linked is a WHO article that condemns the call from Israel to evacuate all hospitals in Northern Gaza ahead of the ground offensive. That is a part of asking all civilians to leave the area so they will not be caught in the cross-fire.

I'm not saying Israel didn't do this. I don't trust Israel's statements any more than I trust Palestine sources. They both have reasons to lie, exaggerate and play PR games with anything that happens. That is why you look beyond just what the PR are saying.
This is a really interesting post breaking down the videos available and what they believe happened. People say they have done a real good job breaking down attacks in Ukraine, but I have no idea their political allegences.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:26 PM   #90
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not saying Israel didn't do this. I don't trust Israel's statements any more than I trust Palestine sources. They both have reasons to lie, exaggerate and play PR games with anything that happens. That is why you look beyond just what the PR are saying.
Agree

Quote:
This is a really interesting post breaking down the videos available and what they believe happened. People say they have done a real good job breaking down attacks in Ukraine, but I have no idea their political allegences.
I saw this video and watched it several times, cautious of confirmation bias with all the comments.

TBH even if a legit video, it's too dark for me to understand what is going on other than the "rocket" did not end its trajectory normally. It kinda "blew up, malfunctioned, got intercepted etc." and then "rocket, pieces" fell down.

I'd like to think the US carrier group is tracking all in/outbound rockets and can provide their POV as to what happened. I'll take the US analysis over Israeli or Hamas.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:35 PM   #91
GrantDawg

Quote:

I'd like to think the US carrier group is tracking all in/outbound rockets and can provide their POV as to what happened. I'll take the US analysis over Israeli or Hamas.
That part is what I have been wondering about as well. I would imagine part of what the US is doing is tracking everything in the air around Gaza and Southern Israel, and would have a trajectory on this.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #92
GrantDawg

The IDF is going to release footage and intercepted conversation that is supposed to prove Islamic Jihad was behind the attack, so that is near definite proof that Israel did it.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:04 PM   #93
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
The IDF is going to release footage and intercepted conversation that is supposed to prove Islamic Jihad was behind the attack, so that is near definite proof that Israel did it.

Hah. Not going to convince anyone with deep fake technologies nowadays.

I think reporters should do their jobs and take pictures of the rocket wreckage.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:25 PM   #94
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
That part is what I have been wondering about as well. I would imagine part of what the US is doing is tracking everything in the air around Gaza and Southern Israel, and would have a trajectory on this.

The US is on it.

Quote:
Zachary Cohen
@ZcohenCNN
News: Israel has provided the US with intelligence it has gathered related to the deadly Gaza hospital explosion, a Israeli official & another source familiar with the matter tell me &
@OrenCNN

The US is analyzing the Israeli intelligence, sources say.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:31 PM   #95
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I think reporters should do their jobs and take pictures of the rocket wreckage.

Foreign journalists are banned from entering Gaza by the Israelis and those who do report in Gaza are routinely executed by the Israeli military.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:33 PM   #96
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Foreign journalists are banned from entering Gaza by the Israelis and those who do report in Gaza are routinely executed by the Israeli military.

Doesn't have to be foreign. Just take the pictures of the missile/rocket wreckage, there has to be some right?
Old 10-17-2023, 07:58 PM   #97
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't think it's a confusing case. Hamas has nothing powerful enough to do that kind of damage. Israel has a history of targeting hospitals.

This isn't a tough one to crack. They did what they said they would do.

Conversely, one could argue that one minute before the hospital was hit, Hamas posted on its Telegram channel that they were launching their strongest rockets at Haifa; ultimately, no interceptions or impacts were ever detected.

Not a tough one to crack as you said. Hamas did what they said they would do.

Or better yet, let's let it play out and we'll see once we have more information. That doesn't seem to be your MO though.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 08:09 PM   #98
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Actually they do. They use the BADR-3 rockets that they get from Iran. Note the warhead explodes in air and spreads 1.400 pieces of shrapnel. Looks like the damage that was done in this attack.
https://www.debka.com/irans-badr-3-m...ket-offensive/

Can you show me directly where they said to abandon this specific hospital and where they would attack this specific hospital? What I keep seeing linked is a WHO article that condemns the call from Israel to evacuate all hospitals in Northern Gaza ahead of the ground offensive. That is a part of asking all civilians to leave the area so they will not be caught in the cross-fire.

Here you go. They hit the hospital a couple of days ago and then told them to evacuate. The article is from the 15th.

Al Ahli Arab Hospital Hit by Israeli Rockets, Urgent Evacuation Ordered

But the best proof is that Israel admitted it. Netanyahu's advisor bragged about hitting the hospital and killing terrorists shortly after it happened. When news of mass casualties came out, he deleted that and changed his story.

So you have the Israeli government telling everyone they would hit the hospital. The hospital gets obliterated by what looks and sounds like a JDAM.Then Israel brags about it.

There is also zero chance Hamas had a BADR-3 with that kind of munitions just hanging out in Gaza. Israel would have obliterated it as soon as the conflict started (likely before). And if they did have it, why the fuck have they not used it? Why was it not part of their attack a week ago? If there are actually functioning BADR-3 rockets in Gaza, Israel is the most incompetent military that has ever existed.

The only sources for this not being from Israel is coming from the Israeli government who initially took credit for the attack and has a history of lying. And a Twitter account with ties to CIA-backed NGOs. But hey, that's sort of the point. Just seed a little doubt so you don't have to feel bad about supporting this.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #99
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Conversely, one could argue that one minute before the hospital was hit, Hamas posted on its Telegram channel that they were launching their strongest rockets at Haifa; ultimately, no interceptions or impacts were ever detected.

Not a tough one to crack as you said. Hamas did what they said they would do.

Or better yet, let's let it play out and we'll see once we have more information. That doesn't seem to be your MO though.

You should open a map and see where Haifa is before regurgitating crap from the dumbest people online.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:26 PM   #100
GrantDawg

Quote:
Here you go. They hit the hospital a couple of days ago and then told them to evacuate. The article is from the 15th.

Al Ahli Arab Hospital Hit by Israeli Rockets, Urgent Evacuation Ordered

But the best proof is that Israel admitted it. Netanyahu's advisor bragged about hitting the hospital and killing terrorists shortly after it happened. When news of mass casualties came out, he deleted that and changed his story.

So you have the Israeli government telling everyone they would hit the hospital. The hospital gets obliterated by what looks and sounds like a JDAM.Then Israel brags about it.

There is also zero chance Hamas had a BADR-3 with that kind of munitions just hanging out in Gaza. Israel would have obliterated it as soon as the conflict started (likely before). And if they did have it, why the fuck have they not used it? Why was it not part of their attack a week ago? If there are actually functioning BADR-3 rockets in Gaza, Israel is the most incompetent military that has ever existed.

The only sources for this not being from Israel is coming from the Israeli government who initially took credit for the attack and has a history of lying. And a Twitter account with ties to CIA-backed NGOs. But hey, that's sort of the point. Just seed a little doubt so you don't have to feel bad about supporting this.
You believe every dodgy pro-Hamas account and come at me hot? I at least say there is a question, but you have all the answers straight from Hamas PR reps mouth. Again, that warning wasn't singling out that hospital. It was for all the hospitals in the region along with all civilians. Why would you warn a target you are going to hit it? How does that even make sense? How will hiting a hospital even help their war goals? The only people that has benefit from this attack is Hamas. While no one has even suggested this was a purposeful false flag attack, it would seem they had way more to gain. And the supposed quote from Netanyahu's advisor is questionable as well. Then there is the supposed quote from Al-Jezeera that I have seen several people forward, but notice none of them provide a link to a source. Looked all over Al_Jezeera for it. Nada.
I will admit Israel sends out false information and propaganda on a regular basis. There is no way I am ready to claim this was are wasn't Israel. Are you willing to do the same? Of course not.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-17-2023 at 08:27 PM.