Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #251
path12
Coordinator

We are definitely considering the offer since as of right now it is the only one we have.

If Darth and murrayyyyy are around and one of them is willing to hold off on their PM in case we need to contact someone else I have no problem with you PM'ing her -- but we cannot agree to something until we know more.

You could tell her that we are seriously entertaining the offer. You could mention my wariness of Stannis matches his towards me. You could mention my comment about me having to make the first prisoner move and also that I wonder why he would think I would have a lot of sway over what Tywin Lannister thinks or wants to do. I think you get where I'm coming from.

But let's make sure we have a PM available first. I don't know murrayyyyy's or Darth's availability today.

I am also very interested in hearing from Chief on the voting for an enemy of the realm question -- because that makes it very hard now to get rid of either Jaime or Melisandre and puts everything up in the air.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #252
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Reception is horrible where I'm at today. Chief end my pm talks so I can get in here
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #253
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

They want stanis to be raided in good will and want the first person captured to be under their control if they join us. Not sure if its a good deal but it looks like they tried to join both the other sides and were rejected.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #254
path12
Coordinator

I've sent a PM to Chief CC'ing all the kings. I think we need to know if we can vote for an Enemy of the Realm before we proceed.

There is very little support for going anywhere but Lannister. I really don't get it.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #255
path12
Coordinator

I'm going to be sort of baffled of where to go if we can't vote for an Enemy of the Realm.

Where we are probably going to need PM's to go:
One to King Robb
One to InBlue (that would be font but my message may now be different than above)

Will you guys be around?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #256
path12
Coordinator

Also, are you guys OK with the way this is going from the bits and pieces you are getting? Do you have questions? Let me know -- if we are voting in a bloc I would like to make sure that we all feel comfortable.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #257
path12
Coordinator

OK. We cannot vote for an Enemy of the Realm, so Melisandre, Loras, Jaime and Bolton are out.

Reasoning from Chief is that we all have not yet seen the consequences for keeping an EotR but we will soon.

I really think that puts us on a Tywin vote to at least go along with Stark and Stannis -- for now. While I might have been able to get Stark to go for a Melisandre vote there is no way he would vote anyone else on Stannis' team right now.

I don't see the wisdom in voting another Stark since that just shuts both he and Stannis down. So Lannister seems the best way to keep our options open going forward.

What I am thinking now then is to have someone let Tywin know that though we have been trying hard to get a Melisandre vote since that is now impossible it is likely going to fall on him. Let's see if the rumors are true and he might like to come over -- he'd likely have to transfer his gold in order to minimize honor payment but that we would certainly be preferable to whatever treatment he would likely get from Stannis or Stark. Set up a code phrase like we had with Gregor.

Who would like to send that?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #258
path12
Coordinator

That last post in main thread told Stark that we do not plan to declare war on anyone tomorrow but that we should continue to talk about the idea against either Lannisters or Stannis.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #259
path12
Coordinator

Brienne, go ahead and approach InBlue. Let her know that we plan to vote Tywin today as a first step -- but also let her know that we do not have any agreement with him and have no idea how he is going to react, so to tie that to the alliance is making it hard to make any guarantees.

Also let her know that any move against one of our lands/people will kill further negotiations.

Anything else we should add? Acknowledge this before sending.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #260
path12
Coordinator

OK guys, I do have to run. As you can see votes are in. If you feel you must change you can of course but I would like to have the other houses see us as absolutely united right now.

Brienne, go ahead and send a PM to InBlue taking into consideration my post above.

Penrose, if you got my PM and can send one to Tywin please do so and acknowledge in thread.

OR Loras can send it and acknowledge in thread so we don't double up -- or if we do I guess he will know we would REALLY like to have him if he wants.

Good luck guys! I will try to be back before deadline if you have any raids or anything you want to try out I'll try to accomodate it.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #261
fontisian
College Prospect

Renly: If you get back in time, I think you should send Penrose with about 25,000 men to raid Harrenhall.

Contacting Blue now.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #262
fontisian
College Prospect

Does Narc want a raven from us?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #263
fontisian
College Prospect

Right, can Darth or Murrayyyyy use their pm to contact Tywin and possibly suggest a money transfer?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #264
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Renly: If you get back in time, I think you should send Penrose with about 25,000 men to raid Harrenhall.

Contacting Blue now.

OK, I just did this. Why did I do this?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #265
path12
Coordinator

Dang it. Don't see Penrose or Loras around. Did you get a reply from Blue?

Robb has signalled his intention to declare war on Joffrey tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #266
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Does Narc want a raven from us?

Let me go back and see.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #267
fontisian
College Prospect

I haven't recieved a reply form Blue yet.

We want to raid to weaken the Lannisters, since we've apparently decided against helping them, and to get us a bit of cash. Wealtier lands are better because they give us more cash and weaken the target more. Out of the three Lannister properties, Stannis is probably going to raid King's Landing, Casterly Rock will go with Tywin if he flees and Harrenhal remains as the best choice. 25,000 should be more than enough to overwelm it and Penrose is the only bannerman who can raid today as Loras and I were emissarys.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #268
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I haven't recieved a reply form Blue yet.

We want to raid to weaken the Lannisters, since we've apparently decided against helping them, and to get us a bit of cash. Wealtier lands are better because they give us more cash and weaken the target more. Out of the three Lannister properties, Stannis is probably going to raid King's Landing, Casterly Rock will go with Tywin if he flees and Harrenhal remains as the best choice. 25,000 should be more than enough to overwelm it and Penrose is the only bannerman who can raid today as Loras and I were emissarys.

My lady, you don't know how much I appreciate your explanation.

In hindsight I wish I would have had you PM Tywin, I suspected there might be problems for murrayyyyy and Darth's availability. I had burned mine with Stark earlier today.

No matter.

I like the raid idea -- but what I really would like to do is make sure neither Stark or Stannis capture Tywin.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #269
path12
Coordinator

I can't tell what is up with Cersei. My gut tells me she is throwing things against the wall to see if anything sticks.

I get the feeling based on the emissaries to us and the messages I've had with the Kings that the neutrals aren't getting all that many ravens. They're being saved as we've done with ours.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #270
path12
Coordinator

Back in awhile. The chill yet dedicated ms.path needs to do some work.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #271
path12
Coordinator

I'm around this weekend if anyone wants to chat.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #272
fontisian
College Prospect

As much as it pains me to admit, Cersei has a point. I think we should take Stannis' deal and we should contact Tywin to let him know about the plan to capture and transfer him to Stannis should he flee.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #273
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, sorry about horrible reception yesterday but it took me about thirty mins for my two posts to go through.

chief, will my raids always go bad being an "enemy of the realm" still or was that just an initial night happening?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #274
path12
Coordinator

What if we could convince Lannister the best way to stay in the game is to have them bend the knee to us and we will go after Stannis together?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #275
path12
Coordinator

Could be fun....
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #276
fontisian
College Prospect

.... Stark and Stannis would definitely work together against us, and we would probably lose.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #277
path12
Coordinator

Ugh. I keep thinking there has to be a way to peel Stark away.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #278
path12
Coordinator

I think we need to see what the penalties are for EotR before making any decisions. That will also show us if it is as easy as paying the 10K gold to the poor to offset (I suspect not).

Things I would love to know: Does Tyrion have access to wildfire? Might Joffrey bend the knee as opposed to destruction?

I respect all of your thoughts and feel we've been a good team. If it seems like I'm chafing a bit right now it is partly because Coffee and Autumn are both playing careful, cautious games. I can't help but feel this ruleset deserves some audacity. And I am willing to take a risk in general.

But we go on consensus here so what I'm wondering is -- what do you guys think our road to victory consists of?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #279
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Personally, I think playing cautious is the wrong way to play this game. Unfortunately, when the two other equal teams want to play this way, we have no choice unless we decide to cause chaos and attack one of them hoping the other will follow. If not then we get double teamed and taken out.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #280
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Yeah, sorry about horrible reception yesterday but it took me about thirty mins for my two posts to go through.

chief, will my raids always go bad being an "enemy of the realm" still or was that just an initial night happening?

Sorry, didn't see this until now.

Now that your status is settled, you can raid.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #281
path12
Coordinator

Honor hit is 20% to our income of gold, men and ships. Was offset somewhat by the donation to the poor, probably have to think about another one of those.

Anyone volunteer to emissary today?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #282
fontisian
College Prospect

If we intend to capture today, I should not be sent as an emissary. Are we going to contact Tywin?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #283
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If we intend to capture today, I should not be sent as an emissary. Are we going to contact Tywin?

I think we should but wanted to save my PM in case it is needed later, but since we need to save you in case capture is needed it would be good if you contacted him.

Offer him asylum as we did with Gregor, but also point out that if Joffrey was willing to bend the knee to us we would welcome the Lannisters as our own.

Let me know if you need further clarification, but remember this thread has ears.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #284
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Reception is horrible where I'm at today. Chief end my pm talks so I can get in here

FYI... much belated, but, as is obvious, Ser Loras Tyrell has returned to camp from his errand.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #285
path12
Coordinator

OK, so I've donated 10K to the poor last turn. Loras, we'll need you to do the same this turn and then we should be fully honor restored -- pending what happens with Tywin but I'll happily pay that.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #286
path12
Coordinator

I've sent Brienne to capture Tywin. Did you get a PM out to him?
Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Brienne of Tarth gathers up an army of men and leads them hurriedly out of camp on an unknown errand.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #288
fontisian
College Prospect

If you want me to talk to someone, ask me to do it during the long weekend instead of when I'm in class. Is there still a point in sending a pm?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #289
path12
Coordinator

Not at this point.

I would have said it earlier but I needed to know what the penalties we were facing before knowing for sure whether to go after him or not.

No worries, my lady. Mainly was just trying to let him know we were interested.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #290
path12
Coordinator

murra5y, Darth -- you guys going to be around at all today?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #291
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

just thought about it, been updating inventories after hand counts. My PM is saved and I can donate money if you wish.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #292
path12
Coordinator

Go ahead and donate 10,000 gold so we get that taken care of.

Holding off on PM's for now but just want to see how many we are going to have available.

Font is out trying to snag Tywin, if we need someone to emissary will you have time to exchange a few emails?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #293
path12
Coordinator

If we manage to snag Tywin we are going to need PM's/emissaries to go out to other houses.

I welcome ideas on what to tell them.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #294
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I should be able to tonight. (tomorrow night after PM PST no), also when are our votes due today?

Chief, I would like to GIVE TO THE POOR (10000). on behalf of Storm's End
Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #295
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

after 4 PM PST tomorrow night, ugh.... Forgot to add the time.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #296
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Also a note while thinking about it, If you put our votes up again, make sure and put me last. If another tie happens what's the worst case, I'm the enemy of the enemy of the relm? (of course seeing this, Chief will make it the first person to vote now)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #297
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Good morrow everyone, what's on the dealio?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #298
path12
Coordinator

Interesting point on the votes, I will do so.

So today will be the first day we cannot vote for a Lannister. narc tossed Brienne out there, I'd like to counter in bulk before people start jumping on that bandwagon.

I'll put us down on Florent of Dragonstone. If y'all feel the need to change as things go along go for it.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #299
path12
Coordinator

I need emissaries for Stark and Dragonstone. We need to figure out a voting strategy.

I am willing to go for one that ends up with all three of us losing someone in successive days, but I am not going to go first. There has been enough good faith shown by us already.

I am going to assume we will be able to capture/get someone else on our team before we need to sacrifice.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #300
fontisian
College Prospect

God damn it Renly. I told you that any vote for a Dragonstone bannerman would kill negotiations.