Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #151
hhiipp
College Prospect

I just looked at the final score and all I can say is, ouch. Pretty impressive season, hate to see it tainted by such an onslaught.

St. Francis (Ind.) def.Morningside (Iowa), 53-3Georgetown (Ky.) def.Trinity International (Ill.), 35-21
Azusa Pacific (Calif.) def. Northwestern Oklahoma State, 16-0
Sioux Falls (S.D.) def. Tabor (Kan.), 72-11
Carroll (Mont.) def. Mary (N.D.), 24-14
MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) def. McKendree (Ill.), 21-20
Hastings (Neb.) def. Lindenwood (Mo.), 20-19
Dickinson State (N.D.) def. Montana Tech, 30-13
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:23 AM   #152
3ric
College Starter

Crap.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:04 PM   #153
Icy
Pro Starter

Ouch, anyway the dream became true, congrats to your brother Senator, he had the nuts of putting 100% on his dream and he made it a reallity, he should be an example for all us. You and his familly can be really proud of him but i know you're
And now...let's see next year!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #154
mattwakeman
Mascot

Easy to say from a distance but I hope that this final result does not take away the pride that your brother should feel for what he has managed to achieve.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #155
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Guys,

I just got back into town, and I can see the score is now known. What can I say? They are #1 in the nation for a reason. Whatever they wanted to do, they did it. But, Tabor was truly a small fry without much of a chance. The reason I like NAIA is because unlike Division 1, even the small fry gets a chance if they do what it takes to get there.

Clay knew the chances were slim, but he did not want it to end the way it did. As a family, we have never been a part of a score like this, but as you guys said, the purpose of all this was to do something he loved with all his heart and decided to go against some long odds and difficult obstacles to achieve. I haven't had a chance to talk to him, as I have been on planes, but I know after all this is said and done, this last game will not diminish the memories of the whole.

As for my family, this has been something we never thought we would see again; Clay playing football. As much as I played, and as decent as I was, he was always great, and I never knew how much I missed watching him play, because when you see someone do something they really love, you can almost see the joy oozing out of them when they do it. That is the way football is for him.

My brother and I appreciate all the support from the guys who have followed this dynasty this season. Especially in the early days and at two a days, your words really helped him hone in on why he was there. He wasn't only playing for himself, he was playing for every guy who loves this beautiful sport and thought just maybe he had enough gas to go one more lap. So, thank you all.

Now, it is time to get well, and spend some time with that great wife and kids of his that supported him most of all.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #156
hhiipp
College Prospect

Has he mentioned suiting up next season or really given it much thought? Or will it be a heal up, talk to his family, and decide from there, Roger Clemons, type situation?
Old 11-22-2004, 09:10 AM   #157
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

{stands up}
{applauds}
{for a very long time}
Old 11-22-2004, 09:14 AM   #158
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for providing us a visual of what your brother has went through. Truly amazing season and I bet you are all proud of him.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #159
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp
Has he mentioned suiting up next season or really given it much thought? Or will it be a heal up, talk to his family, and decide from there, Roger Clemons, type situation?

Well, he either has to play or assistant coach to receive money for his scholarship to finish out his degree. I think the coach is going to push him to play, and I guess alot will depend on what his wife thinks, and his body reacts to a rest. Plus, he says he WILL NOT play DT next year. Just about any other position on the field would be a better fit. The guy lost 20 pounds over the course of the season. We will wait and see. Later I will put up a great picture from his last game of the guy that was over him. Clay helped him up after a play and when the guy stood up, Clay's head was about at his belly button.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 11-23-2004, 06:02 PM   #160
Senator

Check out the monster he played against. Clay is right at 6 foot tall.

BIG SIOUX FALLS LINEMAN

Old 11-23-2004, 06:11 PM   #161
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I wonder what that guy eats?

Todd
Old 11-24-2004, 08:13 AM   #162
hhiipp
College Prospect

I can't help but laugh.. the top of Clay's helmet barely reaches the bottom of the other guys facemask. Hopefully he'll suit up next year, cause that'll make for a much better read than him being an assistant coach.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:14 PM   #163
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
{stands up}
{applauds}
{for a very long time}

{still applauding}

{looks around}
{sees everyone is gone}
.{darts out the back}
Old 11-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #164
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Thanks for letting me/us be a part of this adventure. It sure did make football saturdays that much more interesting.

Maybe now I WILL climb Everest

(that's Lisa Everest, head varsity cheerleader senior year).
Old 12-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #165
Senator

And Now..............

Followup News:

I am going to post here periodically as news warrants as we head into next season where a new mystery will unfold.

First - Medical News......
Clay has spent the better part of 2 weeks visiting doctors on the different ailments he suffered at the hands of father time and the KCAC.
Here is what they have said.
Groin and Abdomen - Slight tear in both that will heal over the course of the next 6 months. It is the same injury LT had in San Diego, but he is 23 and his recovery time only took about 6 weeks.
Shoulder - Will eventually need to have surgery to clean it out, but it has healed nicely to the point there is no pain.
Pelvis - after x-rays it was determined his pelvis had been knocked out of whack, and this resulted in his right side being shorter than the left. It was painfully put back into position and Clay immediately felt better.
Feet - He notoriously since youth has worn extra tight shoes too small for his feet because he says it makes him feel faster. The doctor said he needed to add some cushion to his right heel and it would make a huge difference in his balance and ability to accelerate. So far, it has.

It is amazing he played the whole season beat up like this. Most football players do, but he had been out so long, this had to be tough on him.

Last Friday night he had his meeting with the coach to get sized for his conference championship ring. His coach asked if he wanted gold or silver. My brother said if they had went undefeated, then he would choose the gold, but he felt they hadn't earned the gold so he would choose the silver ring. The coach said that is exactly what he told his wife.

Then they discussed next season. The coach wanted Clay to gain 30 pounds. Clay entered two a days last year about 235. Today, he weighed 220. Clay told him he couldn't do it. He couldn't maintain that kind of weight because his metabolism just wouldn't do when he works out. The coach said, "well you could play defensive end, but we have Ohm and Ven Diesal projected there and they are also both 6'5 and as you know that is a position that needs some height." Clay agreed, and said, "I think we are pretty set on defense, am I limited to playing on that side of the ball?" The coach looked at him for a long time and said, "Fullback would work." Clay smiled, and said, "My natural position is receiver. I played that in high school. It is easier for me to trim down than bulk up, and you know I still have speed to be a possession receiver." The coach said, "In my mind I can still kick 50 yard field goals as well, but you are not in high school anymore. Do you know how gassed you would be running that much. I don't know Clay, I am going to let you decide, and I will monitor your workouts. Show me something by March and we will talk about it. We are down to one receiver. Marsh transferred to Texas Tech and Beach got busted for drinking by the administration, he is gone. (the athletes sign a "life choice" agreement when they go to Tabor).

So, there you have it. He wants to go from DL to WR. I shook my head. Tried to talk to him about the obvious cons. Told him it would be horrible to sit on the bench his last year. Then he said, "C'mon bro, when have I ever sat on the bench? I will win the position."

And I guess he probably will. If you had told me he would start at DT all year at 235 and under, I would have called you a fool. If he says he will get in WR shape and play that, who the heck am I at this point the think he can't do it.

It would be nice. Maybe he can get back to THIS LEVEL (#25). I guess we will find out soon enough. All but one play of that clip was his game his senior year against the #1 team in the nation - Southlake Carroll. Funny, as I write this, they are the #1 team in the nation today as well as they were back then.

Last edited by Senator : 12-12-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:59 AM   #166
Icy
Pro Starter

Great!! we will have a new season! With his determination i'm sure he will be the best WR in his team in March. Come one Clay, recover from the injuries, enjoy with your awesome familly and workout hard to get the WR spot next year, i'm sure you will!!

Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #167
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I'm rooting for him!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #168
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Great news!

Thanks for the clip!!

Todd
Old 12-17-2004, 08:17 AM   #169
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

A little late but...that's pretty cool. If he isn't able to make it at WR for whatever reason, I wonder if he'd be able to play safety or maybe corner.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #170
thealmighty
Pro Starter

If he did that well on the D-line, I would think the coaching staff would be begging him to play LB, especially with his speed.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:37 AM   #171
3ric
College Starter

I really thought he'd play LB, actually. If the coach wants him to play FB, he can be a Larry Centers-type back with his pass catching ability, that'd be cool too.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #172
Senator

Bumped to be recalled when needed.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:29 AM   #173
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
I just noticed I lost a star rating for this thread. I had 5 and went down to 4. Is it because they lost I wonder or are you guys tired of the dynasty?

I just voted to give you the missing star This is my favorite dynasty at this board and i'm really waiting to see what will do you brother next season.
Btw, any other update about his future plans?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:56 AM   #174
Senator

He is in full recovery mode. Orders not to work out at all until mid February. That groin tear is a bitch to recover from it seems.

He is down to 216. Bound and determined to be a receiver.

On another note, the financial burden of all this really has hit home. Our family did a pooling of funds to help them through Christmas and the New Year. He is in classes this semester and working after school to get them back in the black financially.

His body needs to heal itself, and then he begins the Jerry Rice workouts to get in running shape.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #175
Radii
Head Coach

I just caught up on this after having not perused the Dynasty Forum consistantly in quite some time... one of the best threads ever on this board, easily. Playing videos on my PC at work would probably get noticed, I can't wait to get home tonight and go through the videos you have up!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #176
aran
High School Varsity

This is a truely incredible dynasty. Your brother is quite a man. I'm sure he's earned a hell of a lot of respect from his family and friends for doing something s incredible. He ran a 4.4 forty.. that's unbelievable! he is REALLY fast. I would also have made him a linebacker. He could really dominate the running game AND be decent in coverage with that speed.

Good luck to him in his rcovery and work-outs for WR next season! I'm routing for him.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:38 AM   #177
haji1
Mascot

Senator you have got to be freaking kidding me. I was at that game. I hadn't stumbled across this thread until now. Shoot I would have loved to have met you at the game and cheered on your brother. Don't worry about the game, Sioux Falls does that to everyone they play pretty much.
haji1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #178
Senator

Wow, I can't believe 2 FOFCers were at that game. I froze my Texas ASS off!!

It was ugly, wasn't it? If I had to hear the announcer say, "And another Cougar - FIRST DOWNNNNNNNNN" I think I would have puked.

Tabor was outclassed, and, quite frankly, that team was just worn out. The last 3 games of the regular season was a downward trajectory of execution. The Tabor coach is good, but he just never rested the players, and by the time the playoffs came around, they were playing on fumes.

You didn't see a true reflection of the team at its' peak, but I was really impressed with the size of Sioux Falls. And #84 Hovorka was a pure stud.

Wish we could have met. But it was a long day if you wanted a close game.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:40 AM   #179
trirol
n00b

Great Reading!!!

First let me tell you - that my son is a freshman on Tabor's team. I stumbled onto your site searching for Tabor related stuff. I have heard of your brother from my son, he was marveling on how "the dude has kids, Dad!," - Just like you we drove every weekend into Kansas and rode the same high of a wonderful season. The only game I missed was the Southwestern game because of a business trip - but my wife drove up by herself to that game. She missed a few more than me to attend our 11 year olds scouting another activities. I love every report you made of each game. The movies are so familiar that they seem to have been from my camera. Activity on here seem to have died off (time to heal) - but I will definitely add your site to my daily net peeks --- Thanks for sharing ---
trirol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #180
Senator

I just now saw this. That is pretty cool trirol! We will have to meet next season as Tabor makes another run. Clay is fattening back up. Looks like another DL year for his final hurrah!

Old 03-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #181
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
I just now saw this. That is pretty cool trirol! We will have to meet next season as Tabor makes another run. Clay is fattening back up. Looks like another DL year for his final hurrah!

Why? What changed?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #182
Senator

They recruited 3-4 receivers. One was a walk on that played at Kansas and transferred to Tabor and another was a 2 year player at Fresno State, I believe. I am just going by a short conversation. I guess he figured it was his best shot. I have been VERY busy with work for over a month now, and have not talked to him much, but my brother in law noticed he had bulked up. It is all a mystery.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 AM   #183
trirol
n00b

any new updates?

the schedule is up! No SAGU game this year - so no game in the Dallas area - game two is in Colorado Springs against a NCAA DIII school - any new news regarding Clay? My son is back home and is pumped about next season - according to him spring workouts went well and he s working out on his own - Tabor has to be favored again - core is still there and another year older - most are only Juniors this year - but the transfers sound exciting too... upate when you can - how's the book? when is the release?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #184
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I have to remember the game in the Springs. I assume it's against CC.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #185
Senator

For interested parties...

It is about that time again. I think I will start a new thread for his last season in a couple of days updating the dynasty. I will see him today for the first time since Christmas, so I will see what kind of shape he is in.

Bucc - CC in Colo Springs. Correct. I am trying to justify the 400+ dollar airfare for a fly in - watch game - fly back type of deal.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm looking forward to reading about next season. I really enjoyed this thread.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #187
Izulde
Head Coach

Man I can't believe I didn't read this one until now. This is one of the most amazing, inspirational stories I've ever read.

Your brother gives me hope that I might still be able to accomplish dreams of my own that I've left behind in the dusty past.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 AM   #188
Icy
Pro Starter

How is it going Senator? i'm excited about the new season
Old 10-15-2005, 11:44 PM   #189
trirol
n00b

Senator - No updates in a while - hope everything is ok. Just a short update - Tabor is 6-0 over all and 5-0 in conference...just a lil FYI Clay is now number 13, my son's old number from last year --- apparently Clay asked and my boy relented - at least that's my son's version --- Coach Gardner has the team playing well - no close games all have been pretty dominating performances by the team - some will say the Sterling game was close - but not in my opinion - I have only been able to go to 3 games this year, gas prices and work has really made it difficult for me -again i hope all is well
Old 10-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #190
Buzzbee
College Starter

Thanks for the update Trirol. Senator started a new thread here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=42307

I'll also copy your post there for those following allong.