Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2008, 05:33 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Draft Time Limits

We have 72 hours to complete the draft. That's very doable, from my experience, if people are paying attention. First off, we're using Conscriptor, and I am defaulting every team to zero time. Once you register for the draft, you will have 100% of the time limits below. In other words, if you can't bother to register in the utility, the rest of the league isn't going to bother waiting any time for you to pick. The draft class will be revealed on Friday, and I should have Conscriptor up and running some time Friday afternoon so that people can pick early if they want. The clock will start on Tuesday right after I run FA1:3-4. Here's my thinking on time limits:

ROUND 1: 4 hours
ROUND 2: 2 hours
ROUND 3&4: 1 hour
ROUND 5-7: 10 minutes

On the first night of the draft (when we'll likely still be in round one), the clock will be off from 11pm-4am EST. So if you come up on the clock in round 1 overnight, you'll have until 8am to pick. Or if you're an early-to-bed type at go own at 9pm and your pick comes up 30 minutes later, you'll still have until 6:30am to pick. In subsequent nights, the clock will run continually. On the evening before the draft is scheduled to end, if we're not on target to finish on time, I'll speed it up to roughly {minutes remaining}/{picks remaining} per pick.

Thoughts?

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Worth a shot. I especially love the "no time unless you actually register" bit.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I especially love the "no time unless you actually register" bit.
Quik has suggested this in the past, and I've just plain forgotten to bring it up at WOOF. This one seems like a no-brainer to me. Even in this fast league, the utility will have been up for 90+ hours before the draft clock starts. If someone hasn't bothered to register in 90+ hours, it just makes no sense for an entire league to wait a few more hours on him.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's certainly possible that there's a negative unintended consequence, but I really think I'd feel better about waiting for an owner who has made an affirmative action to tell the league "I want you to wait for me" than I would about the too-common owner who never posts in the "availability" thread, and then goes on the clock for hours and hours without anyone knowing whether he has simply walked away from the league or is really planning to use the pick after some deliberation, after a time conflict resolves, or something else of that nature.

Defaulting the league to "auto-pick for me" and giving every owner plenty of time to change that setting seems fair to me, and in theory eliminates the problem with a true walkaway owner holding things up based on an unwarranted entitlement. Just log in and click a box and you're completely safe from unfair treatment.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Shard77
Mascot

Hopefully we won't blow through the first three picks too quickly - just submitted my interviews tonight and would like to see who I sign in FA. If the stage file is run at 12:30 EST on Tuesday, I've got a bare minimum of 4 hours (Assuming the first 3 picks are done immediately or the GM's pick early). I get home from work around 5:30 EST so it will be close if things move quickly.

Regardless, I've got 4 players loaded in my utility and have a 30 minute delay turned on.
Shard77 is offline   Reply With Quote