Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #301
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm also guessing that the four new characters that were introduced last season (Miles, Lapidus, Charlotte, and Farraday) are not going to have the opportunity to get fleshed out.

They fleshed out Faraday very well and we learned as much as we need to know about Charlotte, given her limited involvement in the plot. Lapidus, I am not sure we need to know. Miles definitely would be an interesting character to explore, and some explanation of how/why he has the ability to talk to the dead might be nice.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 AM   #302
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
They fleshed out Faraday very well and we learned as much as we need to know about Charlotte, given her limited involvement in the plot. Lapidus, I am not sure we need to know. Miles definitely would be an interesting character to explore, and some explanation of how/why he has the ability to talk to the dead might be nice.
I thought we fleshed this out as well, Miles is Dr Chang's son and was probably born on the island (can't remember if this was talked about last season)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #303
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post

I don't know -- I can see your point about characters w/ limited involvement, but I think those four got enough attention to signify that that they had some type of worthy storyline.

I think/thought that there was some significance to Charlotte dying during the time warps and to the animals (in odd locations), but maybe there isn't enough time to deal with that. I think her death should be addressed (why did she die, but Miles and others did not?).

Lapidus seems like he is a crucial cast member this season, but gets little air time (especially since he is one of the more well-known actors to appear on the show). Maybe he'll get killed off in one of those "one of your favorite characters will not survive this episode!" type of shows, where he is an unimportant, important character?

Also, I did think it was a cool touch that Mikhail (sp?), the eye-patched Russian, made a return and got shot in the eye.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #304
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think/thought that there was some significance to Charlotte dying during the time warps and to the animals (in odd locations), but maybe there isn't enough time to deal with that. I think her death should be addressed (why did she die, but Miles and others did not?).
I thought both of these questions had been answered. The polar bear she excavated in the desert (which I think is what you mean by animals in odd locations) was found at the island exit point where Ben ended up after he turned the frozen wheel.

She died of the time jumps because the effect was based on duration spent on the island. She had spent the longest amount of time on the island so her symptoms were the worst and ultimately fatal. Juliet, who spent 3 years on the island, was the 2nd worst off followed by Miles, who spent a little time on the island after his birth. All of the 815ers left (Locke, Jin, Sawyer) that had only been there a few months started feeling the effects after these three.

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 03-31-2010 at 01:49 PM.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #305
Easy Mac

I loved last night's episode, but I always enjoy the Sun-Jin episodes. Plus, Sun is unbelievably beautiful. And as a new dad of a little girl, they suckered me with the digital camera.

I enjoyed this as a set everything in motion for the final push, even if nothing was shocking.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #306
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

I especially like the way Locke/MIB is setting up a nice conflict between Kate and Claire. Should be a heck of a cat fight.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #307
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Plus, Sun is unbelievably beautiful.

+Boner
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #308
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I think this episode pretty much confirmed the Kwon in question is Jin based on the scene at the hotel check in when he was quick say he was Kwon not Paik. I think that was a big hint.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #309
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I think this episode pretty much confirmed the Kwon in question is Jin based on the scene at the hotel check in when he was quick say he was Kwon not Paik. I think that was a big hint.

However, Sun had the "looking at herself in the mirror" moment that the other candidates have had in the alt timeline...
Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #310
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

"son of a bitch"

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #311
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

Also, it is not part of Korean culture for a woman to take her husband's family name. She always keeps her father's family name.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #312
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
I thought both of these questions had been answered. The polar bear she excavated in the desert (which I think is what you mean by animals in odd locations) was found at the island exit point where Ben ended up after he turned the frozen wheel.

Yes, but what is with the wheel and the warping to other places? Where does that fit into the whole mythology? It's another thing they threw in there but really doesn't seem to belong.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #313
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Yes, but what is with the wheel and the warping to other places? Where does that fit into the whole mythology? It's another thing they threw in there but really doesn't seem to belong.

I think we'll find out what the deal is with the wheel.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I missed something at the end with the Tivo going out. Anyone want to spoil the last five minutes for me, since I can't find it online at the ABC site yet?

Bah - happened again and TVGorge doesn't have the episode. So - can I get a spoiler on the last five minutes? Thanks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #315
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Happily Ever After (Lost) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, that ten word summary pretty much covers it.

No worries, I'm sure I'll find a streaming link out there somewhere that has what I'm after.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #317
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

It was much more verbose when I linked to it. YOu can see what WAS there here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=354447878
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #318
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh - I thought you were being snarky when I looked it up Thanks for updated link; that helps a lot as the sound quality on the link I found was pretty lousy.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #319
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Really, really enjoyed this episode tonight. One thing I have noticed is that all the people who have died on the island we see in the alternate time line seem to know more then they let on. Really interested to see how that plays out.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #320
Pyser
Pro Rookie

this was the "finally" episode.

coincidenceland is finally going somewhere. thank god.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #321
hoopsguy
General Manager

It sort of felt to me as if "coincidenceland" was a version of The Matrix in this episode and Desmond pursuing Penny was like Neo seeking out Trinity. Desmond (and Charlie and Daniel) know that something is fundamentally off with this reality and are trying to find their correct path, albeit in different ways. Meanwhile, Mrs. Whitmore seems to once again have the information and is scheming against Desmond.

I agree that this is the first time in awhile I've had any real interest in what they are doing with the alternate universe.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #322
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was prepared to be let down about 30-minutes in (b/c I think the Penny-Desmond storyline has been some of the best stuff in the show), but I really like how they tied it up.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #323
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I think Desmond's "sacrifice" will be him dying in one of the elctromagnetic hotspots, an "event" happening, and otherDesmond's consicousness being brought over from the other timeline.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #324
Swaggs
Coordinator

BTW, can someone remind me what Fisher Stevens' character (George the Driver in this episode) did when he was on the show before?

I remembered him being on while I watched last night and looked it up on wiki today, and it just mentions that he was George Minkowski and Naomi talked to him on the freighter.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #325
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

He was the guy who was strapped to the bed on the freighter, flashing through time during "The Constant."
Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #326
spleen1015
Coordinator

I believe he was like the communications officer on the freighter.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #327
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It is funny, I think most of you all are opposite on me to do with everything about Lost. I've really enjoyed mostly every episode thus far this season (where many of you have been griping or complaining alot), but this episode didn't do a whole lot for me (but many of you are loving it now).

I think I for the most part haven't really been a huge fan of the Desmond story arcs over the various seasons, they have always felt somewhat forced in, so having more Desmond isn't really as important to me as many of the other characters in the show.

I will agree however that this is the first episode this season that I've cared anything about the sidways alternate reality storyline.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #328
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Another great episode that didn't actually tell us anything.

I have thought for a few seasons that Desmond is the key to the whole show. I think this is reinforcing that theory at least a little bit.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #329
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:

I have thought for a few seasons that Desmond is the key to the whole show. I think this is reinforcing that theory at least a little bit.

New Jacob perhaps? It seems to be building that way. I'm ready to be shown how he suddenly gained so much knowledge.

Also, that "other" kid was creepy. I can't wait to see what comes of him.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #330
flounder
High School Varsity

Unlike a lot of people, I've been a big fan of this last season. But,

Spoiler
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #331
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

I've resigned myself to the fact that there will be no answers until the finale. But, the last two episodes have been pretty damn entertaining - way better than anything else on tv (except Deadliest Catch).
Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #332
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
New Jacob perhaps? It seems to be building that way. I'm ready to be shown how he suddenly gained so much knowledge.

Since this is all about who will become the new Jacob, that looks a certainty now.

Agree about the kid, but why was UnLocke annoyed and somewhat afraid of the kid? He told Desmond to ignore him in a manner that indicated he was afraid of what would happen if Desmond starting a conversation.

The kid must be a part of the child pack that roamed around in season one. One of the kids carried a teddy bear, I remember. At one point it was implied Alex was with them, but that turned out not to be true.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #333
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post

Spoiler

I thought it was every bit as unexpected and, in its way, as stunning as what Desmond does at the end of the episode.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #334
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think the last two episdoes have been very good.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #335
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post

Is Desmond's number in the lighthouse 42? They seemed to be making it blatant that it was his number at the chicken joint (for his order).

Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #336
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post

Ilana blowing herself up was pretty lame.

extremely. especially since they've done that gag before and especially when it's revealed a short time later that there's grenades elsewhere on the island.

seems like her character served zero purpose.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #337
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Is Desmond's number in the lighthouse 42? They seemed to be making it blatant that it was his number at the chicken joint (for his order).

42 is Kwon (either Sun or Jin) according to the list here: Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Lost Season 6 - The Final Season
Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #338
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
42 is Kwon (either Sun or Jin) according to the list here: Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Lost Season 6 - The Final Season

OK. I said last night to my wife that I didn't think Hume was on the list. She said he was crossed off. This seems to confirm that he is not a candidate.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #339
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

The kid must be a part of the child pack that roamed around in season one. One of the kids carried a teddy bear, I remember. At one point it was implied Alex was with them, but that turned out not to be true.

I may be way off on my Lost timeframe, but I thought the kid pack that travelled the jungle was season 2...the bear seen by Jin and Eko as they hid in the bush. I thought the bear belonged to the little boy that was taken by the Others.

I'm trying to figure out why there were "lists" used to take the tail section survivors and yet the only person ever taken from the middle section was Claire. If there were lists to take people from the tail, why not the middle, where it appears the final five candidates resided?

Were the Others directed by Jacob to take tail section survivors or was it a decision made by Ben based on information he pulled on them?

If Claire has this "evil" in her and is no longer a candidate, why is Sayid a candidate?

I apologize if these questions have been posed...I've been on my own pondering these things and staying out of the thread in case of spoilers.

Last edited by Poli : 04-15-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #340
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I may be way off on my Lost timeframe, but I thought the kid pack that travelled the jungle was season 2...the bear seen by Jin and Eko as they hid in the bush. I thought the bear belonged to the little boy that was taken by the Others.

I'm trying to figure out why there were "lists" used to take the tail section survivors and yet the only person ever taken from the middle section was Claire. If there were lists to take people from the tail, why not the middle, where it appears the final five candidates resided?

Were the Others directed by Jacob to take tail section survivors or was it a decision made by Ben based on information he pulled on them?

If Claire has this "evil" in her and is no longer a candidate, why is Sayid a candidate?

I apologize if these questions have been posed...I've been on my own pondering these things and staying out of the thread in case of spoilers.

I really can't remember it well (or who they were), but didn't Michael have a list of names to bring back in exchange for him and Walt getting off the island? I think it was maybe Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Hurley (but, I'm half remembering that the others told Hurley to go back home after he arrived).
Old 04-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #341
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

It was Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sawyer. No Kwons or Sayid. Were any other candidates still alive then as well?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #342
Swaggs
Coordinator

Real Locke would have still been alive.

Sayid (didn't he sail around the perimeter of the island or something and see the three-toed statue in that episode?).

Shannon may have still been around -- I can't remember.

Charlie was still around.

Nikki (although I don't think we had seen her yet) is on the list that was posted earlier, too.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #343
Swaggs
Coordinator

Didn't someone get sent away by the Others after those four got there? Was it Locke?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #344
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Nah, it was Hurley. He was supposed to tell the other survivors what happened/to stay away, I think.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #345
Poli
FOFC Survivor

He did, but that was of a selfish nature, if I'm not mistaken. Ben wanted Jack to perform the surgery on his spine...and he knew the only way to get Jack to do so was to manipulate him with Kate and Sawyer.

The other person on the list Michael had, Hurley, was immediately released and told to warn the rest of his people not to look for them or something to that extent. I've thought about that as well.

All five of the candidates were involved one way or another in that situation. Three on the list, the other two went to rescue them on the boat.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #346
hoopsguy
General Manager

But Ben was calling the shots at that time and he didn't know much (if anything) about Jacob. So I don't think there is a correlation, other than the fact that the people who are Jacob's candidates are some of the most active people on the island.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #347
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, didn't Tom (that was the old big gay guy's name right?) say something to Ben about Jack along the lines of "He wasn't even on Jacob's list?"

I really need to review the older episodes again.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #348
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Yeah, Tom said something like that.

The question I have is how much foreknowledge does Jacob have? I mean, it's looking like the setting off of the bomb is his own loophole around MiB's loophole, so you could argue that ANYTHING that happened was because of his manipulation to get everyone to that point.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #349
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Well, didn't Tom (that was the old big gay guy's name right?) say something to Ben about Jack along the lines of "He wasn't even on Jacob's list?"

I really need to review the older episodes again.

I'm with you -- other than re-watching a few days later w/ my wife, I've never even seen a rerun. So, I have definitely forgotten a lot of details along the way.

It would be interesting to see if the folks who breezed through the DVDs and have not been watching the whole time are following things better than those of us who have been watching the first-runs for the past several years.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #350
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've rewatched seasons 1 and 2 in the past, but not the last 3.

The thing that puzzles me the most about those flipping lists that they had for the tailies...why wouldn't Jacob make it known to Ben (through Richard I'm assuming) to take the people who were prospective candidates on the plane to the temple right off the bat?

Maybe Jacob's idea of eliminating candidates was to allow the island to eliminate them.

I've also wondered why the MiB didn't immediately kill Eko now. Did the MiB see Eko's past and think "I can use this guy", but later realize he made a mistake? Did he use that same theory behind letting Locke live when he came upon him? What would have the MiB done with Locke had he been successful in dragging him into the ground?