Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

New Era Cage Fighting...(WMMA2)

The chatter was constant throughout the office, not really annoying but it was there in the background getting to me. Not much has happened to me throughout my life. I graduated from college with my degree in marketing and stepped up to get my MBA. I have always had a love for sports and sports apparel constantly donning it whenever I could. So when New Era apparel came calling before I graduated with an offer to be one of their top guys in Marketing, I obviously accepted and packed up and moved on to Buffalo.

Which brings us to our current situation, the economy has taken a slight downturn, layoffs are happening and New Era is asking for ideas on what to do to increase sales. I was out for drinks with a few co-workers the other night talking about a new movie that just came out called fight club, and told them it reminded me of some of the mixed martial arts fights I had been to and hinted it would be cool if we sponsored something like that. They all laughed at me that evening. Now it is my turn. You see, it happened like this.....

"Alright folks, we need ideas, we have basically cornered the baseball market, we are branching out into all other aspects what can we do to grow our business."

Meekly I blurted it out not really thinking when I said it "There is a new sport growing in popularity called Mixed Martial Arts, think fight club but organized, we need to get on board there."

I looked up at my boss who sat there, he was thinking about it and a smile spread across his face..."Time to research it there boyo, and when you have everything, bring it to me."

Well, since then, I did the research, created a proposal and planted it into my bosses lap. Little did I know, the he had the desire to grow it as well and he modified the proposal and sent it all in.

When the meeting all came down today and what caused the constant buzz was the fact that my boss, Scott Garrett, Johnie Elliot (another VP) and myself (Shaun Duncan) are going to be running New Era Cage Fighting. Scott was able to manipulate and get a bit of start up capital to create this company, and he pitched clothing sales as a major part of helping New Era generate new revenue.

He is basically listed as the owner of New Era Cage Fighting along with Johnie while I am now the President. Granted, we were able to write our salaries into the budget once things get going so right now, we are Rock Bottom in what we get paid, thank god for that one.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-14-2009 at 07:44 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Blurcat News - Today, the New Era Cap Corporation announced a spin-off company called New Era Cage Fighting, with the intent to bring in additional attention to their hat and apparel line from another source beyond the major league sports that are out there.

Scott Garrett (Pictured Left) has been announced as a primary owner of the company along with former VP Johnie Elliot. They will be in charge of making sure the funds are spent properly and overseeing the company in general. Meanwhile, young upstart, Shaun Duncan will be the President of the company, he was part of the brain trust of this idea along with Scott that earn the trust of their parent company.

Shaun Duncan is a virtual unknown to the MMA world but he is definitely looking to change things around. He has already announced that they will start out by focusing on 3 weight classes, Welterweights, Middleweights and Light Heavyweights. When these classes are set and going the plan is to bring on board the Heavyweights, Super Heavyweights and the Lightweights. An aggressive and bold plan, let's hope it pans out, because this is one company that has the MMA world talking.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-14-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

It's now on to me, to start the recruiting process and signing the fighters we need to bring in to make this successful, I figured we will have to sign between 20 - 25 fighters for each division.

Scott reminded me that we were on a shoestring budget and I get to it, making the calls and offers to fighters and agents across the U.S.

OOC: I am going to take a beating, I forgot to lower merchandise on most of my contracts because the youngest kept getting out of bed.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-14-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice start Dennis, hopefully the merch percentages don't kill you. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Rolling into the 3rd week of January, we have enough fighters for our first event, our current roster as it stands looks like this...

Light Heavyweights (16)
Spencer Rubenstein
Titus Mostel
John Silvers
Log Drake
Vincent Chapin
Logan Sky
Rupert Dreck
Adrian Pascal
Arkan Gleiser
Alfonzo Villar
Bill Cumming
Allen LeFleur
Collins Lundie
Ernie Burns
Jasper Osmond
William Harrison

Middleweights (9)
Bart Diggs
Julio Gutierrez
Ed Burridge
Nick Detroit
Esteban Vega
Woody Fierstein
Joaquim Fontes
Zane Wybock

Welterweight (7)
Avery Gleason
Junmal Skinner
Bosco Curbeam
Linton Berry
Gideon Navarro
Malcolm O'Hearn
Hubert Channing

Not a bad first 2 weeks on getting fighters signed, we still have about 20 to 25 offers to negotiate between the Welter and Middles.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Nice start Dennis, hopefully the merch percentages don't kill you. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Yeah, I don't think it will as much, I think the biggest thing will be me keeping some of these exclusives happy.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

It took a few phone calls, but we finally decided on the card, and it is coming up fast, January 23, 1999 to be exact, and it is NEFC 1, and our card is...

I made the decision to go off of rankings for the Main and Co-Main event. The Cunningham (27 - 12) vs Burns (17 - 10) fight is going to be brutal as the two veterans go toe to toe while the Gundie (8-3) vs Osmond (10-13) bout sees a younger fighter in Gundie prop himself with a goal to fight for the title.

The Silvers (6-0) vs Harrison (3-0) undercard is more for me to see how true a talent Harrison is going to be, I actually see him being the all american former soldier playing off of it to get his popularity up.

The Fontes (11-1) / Vega (2-0) matchup is pretty much for Vega, can he handle the spotlight, we will see, but he is in my sights to fight for the MW title eventually.

Our two prelims aren't to appealing but they are there, I want to check out the young talent as well as the potential future undercards.

MW - Fierstein (10-2) vs Gutierrez (2-0)
WW - Skinner (4-3) vs Berry (6-4)
Old 06-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

NECF 1 Results....

Prelim - Skinner vs Berry - Skinner wins by Split decision. Skinner took it to wrestling and Berry didn't know how to handle it until the last round where Skinner was tired and Berry pulled out the 3rd. Rating: Average.

Prelim - Fierstein vs Gutierrez - Gutierrez wins by Unanimous Decision - Gutierrez had control of the fight most of the way, getting into Fierstein and not letting him get settled from the outside, it was a boring fight. Rating: Poor

Undercard - Fontes vs Vega - Vega by Unanimous Decision - Vega took it to Fontes, this fight was a lot like the previous match. Vega was able to pull off the upset though. Rating: Poor

Undercard - Silvers vs Harrion - Harrison wins by Submission (2:29 in 3rd) - What a match, Silvers and Harrison traded punches in the 1st, Harrison got into Mount right at the end of the first, then Silvers was able to take the 2nd by keeping Harrison away, then it was all Harrison in the 3rd, getting the Armbar. Rating: Great.

Co-Main Event - Lundie vs Osmond - Osmond wins by Unanimous Decision - Osmond controlled the entire fight, Lundie looked lost going against a grapple. Rating: Average

Main Event - Cumming vs Brun - Cumming by TKO (3:23 of Round 1) - Brun had zero chance, he was able to get a few shots in as they danced around, but the minute Cumming took him down, he was lost. Rating: Great

The crowd, all 60 of them loved the ending to the Main Event, the gate brought us $600, lets hope merchandise sales are good or we might be going out to the woodshed with Scott...

One good thing I noticed as I was checking the pubs, is that Blurcat knocked our rating up to a low level regional.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I like the format, I will be following! You should consider getting into the HW market as there are a lot of unemployed potential stars in that weight class...
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote