Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2013-2014 WIS season ideas and feedback

I have private messaged a few people about this, but I wanted to get a more general response from all around the boards here.

When Whatifsports comes out with the 2013-2014 NCAA basketball teams, and when my work schedule slows down, I want to do a little season of my own. Here's where I'm at so far:

Conference Breakdown

8 conferences of 16 teams each, 2 divisions per conference with 8 teams per division.

Team Selection

I will use ALL the teams from 8 particular conferences. The rest of the teams will be selected by random selection. I will probably take votes for specific teams that readers want to see in, and then use some of the other teams from the other power conferences that didn't make it in. The 8 conferences will be filled with these teams randomly until each conference has 16 teams

Postseason

I will have the 68 team NCAA tournament. To give it more of a feel of actual March Madness, I will be simming the other conferences tournaments to get some teams from the lower conferences in as 14, 15, 16 seeds. By my count there are 32 conferences in the actual 2013-2014 NCAA basketball season. That means I will have to run 24 AQ tournaments aside from the 8 conference tournaments from the conferences that will be featured in this replay.

I will also have at least a postseason NIT, maybe a CBI and CIT. I will continue to think on that. This does, of course mean, that some of the original 128 teams in this dynasty may not make a postseason tournament, as 24 slots in the NCAA tournament will be delegated to teams not already in this dynasty.

I know how my conference schedule is going to work, I just am not sure what I'm going to do for non-conference. Having all the conferences play each other is a definite go, so that is 7 non-conference games. The question remains, should I add a season tournament for each team? That would make 10 non-conference games.

Only other thing is top 25 polls, RPI, etc etc. I would still be interested in having a committee help with that.

Let me know what else you guys think, or if any of my plans seem like they would create issues. Look forward to hearing from you guys

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Guys, I am planning on getting this project going probably by the last week of February, at least getting the teams and conferences set up. I would love to hear ideas if anybody has any, or if anybody has a team they definitely want in, let me know.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, so don't be shy guys
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote