Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #601
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Not my fault that the bandits do a poor job of proclaiming their innoncence. Also I think I should be -3 since if it weren't for half the voters for henry switching to Airhog, henry should have been lynched day 3 and then I would have voted for someone else.

The people who switched should be suspects because they voted for Airhog for being himself.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #602
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Thomkal, here is one point in your argument that strikes me as a fallacy. If you were a creature you might very well do this. Because if you are able to get buy-in, then you are moving the odds in your direction by picking two bandits. And the people who bandwagon towards an innocent the next day become the suspects. I'm just not sure that this plan makes it an easier for us. This isn't to suggest you don't have the very best of intentions here, but it is a big leap of faith for any of us to back anyone.

The perfect time for a creature to run this kind of a gambit is when they are one day away from victory - if they get a bandit kill via lynching, then one kill/conversion/whatever that next night to swing it in their favor.

And, as far as objecting being an argument for creature suspicion, I don't think that withdrawing from conversation for fear of being suspected a creature is the right approach. If that leads to me hanging from a tree my first day in the game, I guess so be it.

All that being said, I'm content to check back again later tonight to see what logic/reasoning you present on everyone. I've kept up with the thread from a distance before last night, but now that I'm in the game I probably need to re-visit my assumptions on a few of my fellow campers.

Hoops,

I can't convince you that I am not a creature. No one can at this point. But I know I am a bandit and that the creatures know I am a bandit and will be doing all they can to suggest I am a creature. If you are a bandit/bandit friendly role, all I can do is ask that you try to trust me and help my plan along. I have no bearing on whether you are a creature or not from your posts so far, but anyone that is trying to poke holes in my plan has to be considered a creature/anti-bandit special role right now by me, because not a single shred of evidence has been provided (or at least explored) elsewhere that someone in particular is a creature.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #603
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Ok, I'm willing to reveal my role. I'm a lowly bandit, but thanks to a lucky accident involving being bit by a radioactive spider that had been fed a steady diet of Berry Blue Kool-Aid Bursts, I now have the ability to make blue light come out of my hands. Through the use of this power, I hope to scare people away from me by calling myself a warlock. Hopefully the bandits will be too afraid to come near me, and the creatures will be afraid to come after me. Really, deep down, I just want to be loved.

Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #604
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I've said at least once before that I am a bandit. That hasn't changed.

Thank you. You may have said so in the past, but I wanted people to be up front about it today.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #605
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Ok, I'm willing to reveal my role. I'm a lowly bandit, but thanks to a lucky accident involving being bit by a radioactive spider that had been fed a steady diet of Berry Blue Kool-Aid Bursts, I now have the ability to make blue light come out of my hands. Through the use of this power, I hope to scare people away from me by calling myself a warlock. Hopefully the bandits will be too afraid to come near me, and the creatures will be afraid to come after me. Really, deep down, I just want to be loved.

Heh,

I sure hope Kool-Aid Man can come to our rescue!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:32 PM   #606
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
So, I had a chat with my buddies up here in Valhalla. We made a few phone calls, and got your hotel room in hell all lined up.

Oh, I know I am going to hell. In fact, I've been nominated by my friends to drive the bus there.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:34 PM   #607
Fouts
College Starter

I think I have given alot of information about my role already. I will say that I have an "ace in the hole" that the warlock is not aware of. I believe my "visions" overnight are detailing a plan for us to take down the warlock. I just hope it develops soon.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:04 PM   #608
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Understandable why you might think that according to your scale. But if you go by that same scale you are looking pretty suspicious yourself at -3, just one point above me. And it might have been -4 yourself if you hadn't gone after heybrad for his actions against you in the previous game. And the fact remains in the end that the majority voted out a bandit all four times. Was there ever a single vote for one of the two known creatures and now Warlock?
Hmmmm....please read above. I posted the way everyone voted in four (almost) consecutive posts...even the changes in votes. The majority voted out a bandit all four times, but only four people have voted out a (now) known bandit all four times...

BrianD
TazFTW
JeeberD

and yourself.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #609
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Not my fault that the bandits do a poor job of proclaiming their innoncence. Also I think I should be -3 since if it weren't for half the voters for henry switching to Airhog, henry should have been lynched day 3 and then I would have voted for someone else.

The people who switched should be suspects because they voted for Airhog for being himself.
This is true, but regardless, that's how the votes came out. And this is what I like about looking at the voting vs. what people say. The votes matter. What you say may be the truth or not, but your actions are louder.

That being said, I think that at least one of you is probably innocent. You had the unfortunate luck of voting wrong every time so far. Half the voters switched to Airhog because he said something that really didn't make sense.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #610
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Wouldn't the fact that I killed a creature make me innocent?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #611
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Wouldn't the fact that I killed a creature make me innocent?
Maybe. Maybe not.

#1: You claim you killed Schmidty.
#2: Even if you did so, you could've been turned, since that would be a good strategy on BrianD's part...and you killed Schmidty two days ago, which is more than enough time to turn you.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #612
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Lots of interesting discussion going on with Thomkal's plan. Also, definitely be careful about pointing out strategy after you're dead, it throws the game balance off.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #613
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I didn't think we were allowed to PM dead people in the game.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #614
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Hmmmm....please read above. I posted the way everyone voted in four (almost) consecutive posts...even the changes in votes. The majority voted out a bandit all four times, but only four people have voted out a (now) known bandit all four times...

BrianD
TazFTW
JeeberD

and yourself.

And why would a creature do that? Why set yourself up for that? I repeat my question, has any known creature ever been voted for? For all you know heybrad is (well was now that he's been replaced) a bandit too. Your scale simply is not accurate because we don't know the roles of everyone that has been voted for. The people I voted for I either thought were creatures at the time, out to get me, or was in my best interest to go for because it made me look like less of a target to the creatures.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #615
Thomkal
Head Coach

For the record RA, I don't think you are a creature unless you got converted, and I have no way of proving that if you were. So since I am a bandit as well, that makes me on your side.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #616
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
That being said, I think that at least one of you is probably innocent. You had the unfortunate luck of voting wrong every time so far. Half the voters switched to Airhog because he said something that really didn't make sense.

*raises hand* That would be me.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #617
Vince
Pro Starter

I love the "BrianD Development."
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #618
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay I'm going to make my vote here. I ask my fellow bandits to vote for him and nobody else until 6 pm EST when I will unvote and make my vote for another person. I will explain what to do when I make that second vote. There is an existing vote out there for Brian (by Neon), and if you are a bandit that wants to follow my plan you should NOT vote for him because it has been said by Peregrine that we cannot lynch him.

VOTE MASKED

I specifically chose Masked because he's been exactly the same type of player that both Raven was in Werewolf V. Friendly, acting pro-bandit all the time, not causing waves and otherwise not saying much. He also put in a late vote last night and if you remember from Werewolf V I snagged both King and Token Asian Guy as evil because of their late vote and comments, and I was right about both of them. (and killed off because of it).

I did not choose anyone participating in today's debate because 1) I think most are bandits or bandit friendly trying to figure out what's going on,and thus need to be kept in the game to continue the discussion should I be taken out. and 2) Pointing a finger at just about any one of the vocal ones would make me seem suspect because almost all of them have admitted to some kind of bandit friendly role at some point in the game.

Please please if you believe in my plan, vote just for Masked for now until 6pm when I make my new vote. Do not wait for my new vote because it defeats the purpose of voting analysis.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #619
Thomkal
Head Coach

Crud! Forgot to mention this in my previous post but didn't want to seem suspicious by editing.

Masked was reading the thread at one point today and chose not to comment after I asked all bandits to come forward with their role and to participate in the plan.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #620
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't get it. You want everyone to vote for Masked now. Then change to whoever you suspect at 6pm? I mean your reasons for Masked are sound and all, at least compared to what we have. I'm just still hesitant of this "plan".

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:13 PM   #621
digamma
Torchbearer

I don't get your rationale for switching votes in an hour.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #622
Masked
College Starter

Hmm, I will admit to being skeptical about your plan earlier, but didn't want to say anything for fear of being labeled creature-friendly. In this situation, I am wary of the one who loudly proclaims their innocence, especially when he hasn't been singled out yet.

I am a just a bandit who has very little idea what is going on, and thus have not been saying too much. I assure you that I am trying to do what I can to stop the creatures and not hurt the good guys. I also do not want to do anything to make myself a target.

As for my late vote last night, blame Omerta. I voted for the same person as the I had previously, Henry (although it was mis-assigned two nights ago).

At this point, I wonder if our best strategy may be to force a tie in the vote so that we do not accidently kill another bandit. At this point we are learning more from the night actions than the lynchings. Also we may be in bigger trouble if we accidently lynch the doctor or a guard.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #623
Thomkal
Head Coach

Again I ask that you trust me. I need to keep quiet about the 6pm vote until them so the creatures don't have time to plan. Or at least not as much as they do now. It will make sense at 6 I promise. (Well at least make sense to me, I'm not sure anyone thinks I'm making sense )
Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #624
Masked
College Starter

Although I have to admit I like your idea of changing your vote at 6PM
Old 07-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #625
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

What the hell. Since I'm a bandit....
I vote Masked
Old 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #626
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eh, what the heck.

Vote Masked

Thomkal, if it does turn out you were a creature today then consider me very amused at the lengths you went with this scheme.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #627
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hoops,

If I was a creature and tried this do you think I'd survive past day 1 of any future werewolf game? I don't and I want to play again.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #628
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
And why would a creature do that? Why set yourself up for that? I repeat my question, has any known creature ever been voted for? For all you know heybrad is (well was now that he's been replaced) a bandit too. Your scale simply is not accurate because we don't know the roles of everyone that has been voted for. The people I voted for I either thought were creatures at the time, out to get me, or was in my best interest to go for because it made me look like less of a target to the creatures.
How is the scale not accurate? You voted for four innocent people. The fact remains that you and 3 others voted for four innocent people.

That being said...I'm really uncertain of whether to trust you or not. I want to...I really want to, but I'm not sure.

Is BrianD's vote to go with you a ploy? Is it to discredit you? Damn you BrianD!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #629
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Eh, what the heck.

Vote Masked

Thomkal, if it does turn out you were a creature today then consider me very amused at the lengths you went with this scheme.
/agree
Old 07-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #630
Fouts
College Starter

After thinking it over, I'm going to follow Thomkal. I'm not sure if he has the right target(s) in mind, but he is organizing us (which is sorely needed). I just hope we don't end up offing the doctor, because I think we're going to need him.

I vote Masked
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #631
Thomkal
Head Coach

*Sigh*

I've lost a lot of faith in my fellow bandits. Only one vote (plus a crazy warlock). This part of the vote was more to tell me who trusted me than anything else, so the second part of my plan here still may work even though the answer to part one was: Not many.

UNVOTE MASKED
VOTE KINGFC22

I vote for King because he has been nearly non-existent in the thread and did not participate in my plan today. I think since he got pegged as the sorceror last time so early he might be lying low if he has an evil role this time. If he had a good role, I think he'd be less inclined to stay quiet.

Now the idea here is to keep the vote tied or one vote away from tied until the 8pm deadline. If you are a bandit, or bandit friendly, I don't think you need any more explanation of why we want the keep a close vote. I do NOT want a tie vote though as that will keep them both in the game defeating the whole purpose of my plan. I think either are good suspects to vote out at the moment, either because of non-participation on Kings part, or the reasons detailed above for Masked. I suggest a late vote as well to give them less time to manuever.

If a person decides not to vote at all, then I suspect a creature.

I appreciate those who took the time to consider my wacky plan, and I repeat for the third time. I AM A BANDIT. We need to stick together and try to keep the creatures off balance as much as possible.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #632
Suicane75
Coordinator

VOTE: JEEBER

Edit: This in response to RA's post below me. Im not telling yall anything you don't know when I say I don't have a firm grasp of whats going on but I can say this. For whatever reason Jeeber has stayed as below the radar as possible, and it bothers the hell out of me. I understand the plan, but at the same time I don't trust anyone at this point, I keep feeling like one more night will tell us something and I hope that after tonight we things are much clearer.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-18-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #633
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dammit. I really question your decision to vote for both Masked and kingfc22, based on the reasoning of past games. I think we should try to put that out of our minds at this point and concentrate on the game at hand. But kingfc22 only had a -2 on my scale (and didn't vote once). The other time that he "missed" a bandit was when he voted for JeeberD. I agree that if someone doesn't vote, I would suspect a creature, but suspect would be the operative word. I really think we need to come together tonight, but I don't agree kingfc22 is the right choice.

Vote JeeberD
Old 07-18-2005, 05:24 PM   #634
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, please, please, please, Thomkal, make me change my mind. I want to believe you, but other than basing your vote on past games isn't enough for me to do it.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #635
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I was hoping for something more substantial at the end. Cliff notes for your plan please . Jeeber looks the same as King and Masked to me. Are you saying you are going to accuse anyone that votes for Jeeber and not your boys?

Old 07-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #636
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I guess Vote King for now to keep those two even, but we'll see how long this lasts.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #637
Thomkal
Head Coach

Raiders,

I've done all the convincing I can do. You either believe me but don't agree with my choices, or don't believe me. I voted for these people because Masked falls into the same type of player who fooled us before in werewolf games. I voted for King because i think his past werewolf behavior reflects on this game. I think the vote for Jeeber is a mistake at this point, because one of our revealed spies said he believed he was innocent.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #638
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Raiders,

I've done all the convincing I can do. You either believe me but don't agree with my choices, or don't believe me. I voted for these people because Masked falls into the same type of player who fooled us before in werewolf games. I voted for King because i think his past werewolf behavior reflects on this game. I think the vote for Jeeber is a mistake at this point, because one of our revealed spies said he believed he was innocent.

Point me to the post?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #639
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The votes I'm curious about are JeeberD and TazFTW. I trust in my analysis of voting four times (100%) for an innocent. At least one of the three, JeeberD, TazFTW, and Thomkal is working with BrianD. I'm convinced of that fact.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:32 PM   #640
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Point me to the post?
I agree. quote it and I'm yours.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #641
Thomkal
Head Coach

I am looking for the post bear with me.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #642
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
RA,

Yep I know I have made myself a prime target for the creatures. i have some thoughts on that I'll reveal later today.

And those who are willing to try my plan should be revealing their roles now.

I'm game for your plan, but just got home to read it.

I am a bandit. Unfortunately, I've already used my kill as well
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #643
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I can see that this will be a long battle, discussion frayed with smiles and daggers, in the night, we will hear the sound of screams, violence, and the unlucky ones will face hellhounds of fur and teeth and claw, smelling of musk and blood. At dawn, we will face each with brittle accusations and stifled theories...but there is always one who must take the first blow, one who will start the cycle, until we find the wolves.

I'll go with Jeeber first.
This is Qwik's post which occured after night 0. He was killed by the creatures so they must have known he was on to something or else they would have made a more random kill. This is all the evidence that I can put together this early in the game.

Found this one.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:44 PM   #644
Masked
College Starter

Coffee Warlord said he suspected Jeeber was not a threat after day one, but thought that Henry might be. Henry turned out to be a normal bandit.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:44 PM   #645
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
That's what I'm going on right now. Understand, it's incredibly thin and I know it. I fully hope added discussion over the day allows me to change my vote to someone with more concrete evidence.

But, I voted now for essentially two reasons.

1) The talks were growing stagnant, and someone had to bite the bullet and stir some things up.

2) I still do not believe Jeeber is a creature, and early indications were putting him on the chopping block again.

This is the post I was thinking of. Coffee was a Spy as we all know. Note he says I STILL do not believe Jeeber is a creature. He stated once before if someone else wants to find the post that means. After the vote on day 1 for Jeeber, it would have been a good move for a Spy to check Jeeber out.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:44 PM   #646
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Once I ruled out Thomkal I had to review everything else.

Then again...

Jesus. The other fact remains that Qwik voted for KevinNU7, so maybe he wasn't as good seeing???
Old 07-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #647
Masked
College Starter

Forgot to add, Coffee Warlord was a spy
Old 07-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #648
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good enough for me. My apologies Thomkal.

Unvote JeeberD
Vote kingfc22
Old 07-18-2005, 05:47 PM   #649
Masked
College Starter

For self preservation

Vote kingfc22
Old 07-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #650
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm, this plan ended up being something of a disappointment.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote