Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #2851
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I hate Christ now. I lost posts because of him.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #2852
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

They deleted that thread? Why? I thought it was very constructive and informative to people of all faiths. It was leading the charge at FOFC to bring us together as one.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #2853
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think it was because of my typo, which was made fun of mercilessly.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #2854
Logan
Head Coach

What was the typo? Saw a great one the other day referencing college football recruiting and a big weekend of official visits. Talking about how "all the kids had a great time together, got really close and bonded" (first "d" was missing of course).
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #2855
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
They deleted that thread? Why? I thought it was very constructive and informative to people of all faiths. It was leading the charge at FOFC to bring us together as one.

That is the Maximum Football thread.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #2856
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What was the typo? Saw a great one the other day referencing college football recruiting and a big weekend of official visits. Talking about how "all the kids had a great time together, got really close and bonded" (first "d" was missing of course).

I was joking, it wasn't a good one even -- I said I have pretty much everyone from Notre Dame, instead of hate.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #2857
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
No kidding. Lucky for me, we picked the perfect weekend to spend in Indianapolis at my daughter's softball tournament.

Indy and softball this weekend? Good luck, there's snow on the ground here and more expected

(I'm going to assume it's indoor)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #2858
molson
General Manager

It's amazing how much the Super Bowl re-started football history. There's about 4 decades of NFL football before that just seem forgotten.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #2859
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Indy and softball this weekend? Good luck, there's snow on the ground here and more expected

(I'm going to assume it's indoor)

SI

Yeah, some place called the Sportzone. Haven't been to it yet, but I hear it's amazing - fields/courts for softball/baseball, lacrosse, soccer, basketball, flag football, etc., in some huge warehouse.

The SportZone - The cutting edge in sports & fitness
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #2860
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Here I was thinking it was just the dozens of doughnuts and lack of exercise that were the culprits:

Quote:
Turn Down Your Thermostat

Researchers suspect that rising indoor temperatures in British and American homes may have contributed to the obesity epidemic. The theory is that we burn fewer calories when our bodies don’t have to work as hard to stay warm, according to a report published in Obesity Reviews.

“Research into the environmental drivers behind obesity, rather than the genetic ones, has tended to focus on diet and exercise – which are undoubtedly the major contributors,” said the study’s lead author, Dr. Fiona Johnson, of the UK Health Behavior Research Centre at University College, London. “However, it is possible that other environmental factors, such as winter indoor temperatures, may also have a contributing role.”

Johnson and her colleagues scrutinized data on indoor temperatures in both the United Kingdom and the United States. They found that both British and American households have bumped up their thermostats several degrees over the last few decades.

For example, bedrooms in the U.S. were heated to an average of 66.7 degrees in the late 1980s, versus 68.4 degrees in 2005. The differences were more striking in British bedrooms, where the average temperature climbed from 59.4 degrees in 1978 to 65.3 degrees in 1996.

Studies have shown that slightly chillier temperatures can lead to increased energy expenditures, Johnson noted. And that’s true even when people bundle up.

“Increased time spent indoors, widespread access to central heating and air conditioning, and increased expectations of thermal comfort all contribute to restricting the range of temperatures we experience in daily life and reduce the time our bodies spend under mild thermal stress – meaning we’re burning less energy,” Johnson said.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #2861
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It's amazing how much the Super Bowl re-started football history. There's about 4 decades of NFL football before that just seem forgotten.

What are you talking about? I thought football began as an effort by right wing extremists who wanted to try to take the youth of America back from the rise of "Beatlemania".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #2862
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Nah, nah, this ain't Raymond!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #2863
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Show might be called 30 minute meals, but every time I see Rachael Ray I think she's at most a 5 minute snack. Those would get old pretty freaking quick.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #2864
JediKooter
Coordinator

You're not using enough EVOO.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #2865
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Well, I hate Christ now. I lost posts because of him.

Sigh ... me too, bro. Just trying to have a constructive conversation.
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #2866
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The Show might be called 30 minute meals, but every time I see Rachael Ray I think she's at most a 5 minute snack. Those would get old pretty freaking quick.

She would have to be a total freak in bed to be worthwhile. I'm talking some dirty, nasty shit that you wouldn't even tell your friends about.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #2867
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

On a side note, I wish balls could detach when I'm not using them. For instance, when I'm sitting down working, or driving, I see no reason for them. In fact, they're rather uncomfortable, pressing against the insides of my legs. I don't know how big a "normal" set of balls are, nor do I know how low a "normal" set hangs, but I'd just like to state that mine are rather large and entirely unnecessary 95% of the time.

Buffalo wings are disgusting...in fact all wings in general are pretty nasty. I can get down with regular sized wings...you know...actual chicken wings. But those small, grissly things often found at bars and on appetizer menus are just plain old nasty. I don't care what kind of sauce you lather them with.

Does anyone else take claritin? I do. I started about two years ago, and I noticed the difference immediately. Fantastic pill...I take it daily now.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-26-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #2868
JediKooter
Coordinator

I think if you stop taking the Claritin, the problem with the wings should clear right up.

Edit: No advice on the ball thing though.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 01-26-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #2869
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I heard Claritin makes your balls swell, too...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #2870
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't like taking any kind of pill, drug, etc. unless I really have to. I'm a pretty big believer in your body eventually not being helped by the stuff, and then you'd have to find something stronger. So I don't take medicine unless I'm really uncomfortable or dieing or whatever. Not sure if this is an invalid viewpoint, but it's what I've followed pretty much my whole life.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #2871
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Don't be jealous of my big balls. Don't do that.

no
Old 01-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #2872
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I don't like taking any kind of pill, drug, etc. unless I really have to. I'm a pretty big believer in your body eventually not being helped by the stuff, and then you'd have to find something stronger. So I don't take medicine unless I'm really uncomfortable or dieing or whatever. Not sure if this is an invalid viewpoint, but it's what I've followed pretty much my whole life.

Yeah, I felt that way for a while too...a long while in fact. Claritin doesn't seem to have any side-effects, at least with me. I don't feel drousy, I don't have problems concentrating, I just feel fine. Once every six months or so I'll stop taking all pills and go al naturale to clean myself out.

My entire life I've had funky allergies, but only in the sneezy, runny nose, watery eyes sense. There's usually a couple weeks every spring where I'm just inconsolable.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #2873
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Don't be jealous of my big balls. Don't do that.

no

There's an AC/DC song in there somewhere.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #2874
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
There's an AC/DC song in there somewhere.

When I was writing the post you quoted, I immediately thought of that song too.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #2875
JediKooter
Coordinator

Haha! Nice.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #2876
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Taking pain medicine + lying on my side being the most comfortable position = a lot of impromptu naps.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #2877
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Why any husband would ever want to deal with a pregnant wife more than once is beyond me.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #2878
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Why any husband would ever want to deal with a pregnant wife more than once is beyond me.

Maybe it's akin to how they say women forget the pain of childbirth...

/tk
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #2879
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Maybe it's akin to how they say women forget the pain of childbirth...

/tk

I've been recording every moment she's been horribly miserable, puking, uncomfortable, etc etc.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #2880
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I don't know about Claritin but I go through a box or two of Claritin-D every allergy season. Regular Claritin doesn't do anything for me, but the D with the Pseudoephedrine which they make you sign up for the Meth list- well, that stuff works, tho, yeah, it does keep you wired all day and I crash about 12 hours after taking one.

SI

Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #2881
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Every so often I peek into the spam folder just to see the subject matter of the awesome emails stashed there.

I've been seeing a lot of FBI emails. Like CONTACT THE FBI immediately.

I giggle when I think of someone being hauled away by the FBI screaming, "I didn't see that e-mail!"
Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #2882
Suicane75
Coordinator

Based on critical praise upon it's cancellation and the need for some nice tv viewing during the winter I embarked on a journey to watch The New Adventures Of Old Christine.

As the journey concludes I am left with a feeling of utter confusion.

I don't believe I've ever seen a lead sitcom character that you could use just about any negative adjective to describe.

The lead is self absorbed, nasty, dumb, irritating, condescending, delusional etc etc etc. She makes Becker look like a ray of sunshine.

This would be somewhat acceptable if she somehow got her comeuppance via the other characters but she's somehow always written as a heroin we should feel sorry for and/or laugh with instead of at.

The positive reviews leave me perplexed.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #2883
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Can't speak to that show, but I saw a little of Becker on reruns. He was the classic "gruff jerk on the outside who's really a softie at heart". That's what made his character work.

SI

Old 01-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #2884
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My sister in law and her daughter have decided to skip my wedding and will be going on an 8th band trip to Six Flags instead. In response, I've decided to taunt them mercilessly.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #2885
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Someone accidentally put a huge distribution list on an email. 7 idiots reply to all with questions related to the topic.

About 40 and counting more people replied to all telling everyone to stop replying to all. All within the last 5 minutes.

I'm living a Dilbert joke. Wonder how high it goes.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #2886
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

In reply to one email that asked people to stop reply to all, one person wrote, verbatim:

"then who do we reply TO????"

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-27-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #2887
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I've decided to taunt them mercilessly.

You're still talking to them so.. I guess that is a good thing.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #2888
MikeVic
Head Coach

So I paid $10 for a one year subscription to Sports Illustrated and got a free shirt out of it. And I still think it's not worth it. Totally spoiled by the internet.

I got the January 17 AND January 24 issues in the mail last night. The cover for the January 24 issue is a picture of a Jets player and the caption is something like "Bring on the Steelers! After beating the Pats, the Jets are one win away from the Super Bowl."

The issue is dated January 24, which is the Monday after the games... so you know it's going to be delivered on that day at the earliest, right? Why make the cover about the Steelers/Jets game, which would've already been over with?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #2889
molson
General Manager

Quote:
So I paid $10 for a one year subscription to Sports Illustrated and got a free shirt out of it. And I still think it's not worth it. Totally spoiled by the internet.

I got the January 17 AND January 24 issues in the mail last night. The cover for the January 24 issue is a picture of a Jets player and the caption is something like "Bring on the Steelers! After beating the Pats, the Jets are one win away from the Super Bowl."

The issue is dated January 24, which is the Monday after the games... so you know it's going to be delivered on that day at the earliest, right? Why make the cover about the Steelers/Jets game, which would've already been over with?

Those are showing up WAY late to your house. Magazines hit the newstand before the date on the front (the current SI, which was probably published Tuesday, is the "January 31" issue, and the cover highlights the Steelers beating the Jets)
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #2890
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Canadian Postal Service fail.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #2891
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Pimpin' ain't easy.

Oh, who am I kidding? Yes, it is.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #2892
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Someone accidentally put a huge distribution list on an email. 7 idiots reply to all with questions related to the topic.

About 40 and counting more people replied to all telling everyone to stop replying to all. All within the last 5 minutes.

I'm living a Dilbert joke. Wonder how high it goes.

I work for a large IT company (you've heard of it) and this happens at least once a month. Last month's was a doozy as it started in the Asian call center groups in the middle of the night and then died down. But as soon as the US woke up, it began anew and hit something like 400 messages.

It always has the same pattern:
*1 stupid message*
*5 people with a response of "remove me from this list"*

And it spawns a litany of:
  • "Remove me from this list"
  • "Stop hitting reply all"
  • A manager or three who have "had enough" and "escalated things"
  • An occasional a-hole who knows what is going on and has something sarcastic to say about how this is an IT company and people should know better.
SI

Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #2893
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I agree with MikeVic, though - mags are almost totally worthless. My SI used to come on Thursday. I had read nearly everything I wanted to read online before it came. And most of it was dated by then, anyway. I let my subscription expire.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #2894
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I work for a large IT company (you've heard of it) and this happens at least once a month. Last month's was a doozy as it started in the Asian call center groups in the middle of the night and then died down. But as soon as the US woke up, it began anew and hit something like 400 messages.

It always has the same pattern:
*1 stupid message*
*5 people with a response of "remove me from this list"*

And it spawns a litany of:
  • "Remove me from this list"
  • "Stop hitting reply all"
  • A manager or three who have "had enough" and "escalated things"
  • An occasional a-hole who knows what is going on and has something sarcastic to say about how this is an IT company and people should know better.
SI

This happened once (OK, more than once) at my last company. Someone sent out a message copying a distribution list mistakenly. She wanted to send it to the 'Help' box of this application, rather than the dist list containing all the users-- she even said so on her follow up email, apologizing, about 3 minutes later.

But, it didn't matter. Like magic, the "Please remove me from this list" and "I don't think I should be receiving this" this mails start. Followed by "Don't hit reply all!".

So, we created a game out of it. My stance was 1 of every 10 people in the company was moronic enough to reply to the messages. So, if you were walking down the the hall and passed a row of 10 people, or on an elevator with 9 others, one of them would be the special type of person who would reply.

I dubbed the game "Where's Reply All-do?"

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #2895
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Does anyone else take claritin? I do. I started about two years ago, and I noticed the difference immediately. Fantastic pill...I take it daily now.

You want immediate. Take Claritin RediTabs. Dissolves right on your tongue and straight into your system. Genius.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #2896
Logan
Head Coach

That's great. Anytime something like this happens, I do a very quick right click, create rule, hit the "subject contains..." box and then the "move to deleted items folder" box. Two seconds and problem solved.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #2897
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In hindsight, I now believe I should have skipped the hot dogs & just drank my lunch today instead.

Nice to have quite a bit of paying work today (for a change), not so nice to be reminded how many doofuses I have to deal with when that's the case.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #2898
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Today is the first snow day that has actually worked out right.
First, one of my friends was nice enough to come and shovel my driveway and sidewalk (3 weeks post back-surgery, I think my doc would KILL me if I did it).
Second, the work VPN is actually working so I'm productively working from home.

Now if only my back didn't work despite taking Advil, a muscle relaxer, and a percocet...

/tk
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #2899
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I've been recording every moment she's been horribly miserable, puking, uncomfortable, etc etc.

Going to make a "best of" hits video?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #2900
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
You're still talking to them so.. I guess that is a good thing.
Not exactly. She's pretty much dead to me....my taunting is more in that I tell everyone she knows how I feel about it. I know, through my brother, that my taunting is taking an effect.

He's with me on this one, but (like he told me) he can't really jump on my side since he is married to her.