Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BB2 Dynasty - Necrotastic Nightmares

Hello All!

I hope you are having a wonderfully delicious day today!

So I mentioned in BB2 thread earlier that I am interested in picking up BB2 again after it’s release back in 2015. I felt the initial release was a bit unsteady and we had some issues. But the biggest where just the 8 teams on launch, and the 2 more added.

Now Blood Bowl is known for its diversity. It currently has 24 officially recognized teams. Of those, we have 3 human, 2 dwarven, 4 elves, 3 undead, 2 stuntys that are more for fun than winning, the cores of orcs, lizards, skaven, chaos and nurgle, and a few oddballs in ogres and vampires, as well as some that are alliances like Chaos Pact and Underworld. That’s the roster. Now on release we had a new one that’s not official, but was made by fans to fill in a void with the Bretonians. So we just had 9 of the official teams, and 10 of (basically) 25.

At launch we had 3 Elves, all but the Pro Alliance for them, Dwarves, Orcs, Humans, Lizards, Skaven, Chaos, and the Bretonians. Feels a bit off, right? Right! There’s very little diversity there. It was boring to play the same teams over and over again. Well this week they just released two more as DLC< bringings our total to 16. They added the three undead rosters, Nurgle, Chaos Dwarf and Norse.

Of the remaining teams, I would consider really only the Amazon and to a lesser degree the Pro Elves to a pretty good and commonly seen team. Three of the teams introduced in the latest version of the game are technically available, but not even added to the core rules (Chaos Pact, Underworld, and Slann). Vampires, Ogres, Goblins and Halflings are all interesting, and add fun and odd dynamics to the game, but hardly bring teams that tend to hit the top of the roster.

We are getting the rest of the teams soon, although the Slann are going to have their rules, but just changed in flavor to the Circus of Kislev. Even the BB wiki agrees with me and puts the Ogre, Goblin, Halfling, Underworld and Chaos Pact as the weakest tier of teams:

Current Blood Bowl Teams | Blood Bowl Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

And the Legendary Edition was announced for later this year that will add all of the remaining official teams (Except for Chaos Pact for some reason). Vamps, Ogres, Kislev/Slann, Amazon, Halflings, Goblins, Underworld and Pro Elves. To bring the teams list to 24.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-16-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

But for now, the 16 we have has all of my favorites

I have extensively played the following teams – Nurgle, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Orc, Human, Necromantic, Dark Elves, and Lizardmen.

Now I’ve played a bunch a lot. For at least multiple teams or times, and have at least 10 or 20 games in. Undead, Dwarves, Goblins, High Elves, Wood Elves, Bretonians

And I’ve played these for a few games to get a feel for them – Pro Elves, Halflings, Vampires, Skaven

The rest I’ve never really played around with – Norse, Amazon, Slann er… Kislev, Khemri, Goblin, Ogres, Chaos Pact, Underworld Pro Elves.

So of the various teams, my favorites are Chaos and Nurgle, Chaos Dwarves, and Necromantic. With Necro and then Chorfs 1st and 2nd on that list. But I have played them each a bunch. Do I really want to run them again?

Here are the reasons why, meet my favorite featured players in the game…

(Most teams have 2 featured players that really make that team interesting and distinct.)

Bull Centaurs, move 6, 4 str, 2 agil, 9 tough, thick skull, spring, and sure feet. Your feature of the Chaos Dwarves is super durable with tick skull and that high armor value, love the speed of spring and sure feet giving you a move more like 8 than 6. And a 4 str enhanced guy is just amazingly awesome

Werewolves, 8, 3, 3,8, claw, frenzy and regen. So awesome! Claw is great at getting injuries, frenzy, when used right, can crowd surf from far away and gets two tackles. Regenerations makes your guys all durable like. So awesome! They used to have catch in a previous editions of BB but swapped that for Regens,, which is frankly better all day long.

Starting roster for Necromantic – 2 Wights, 2 Fleshes, 2 Werewolves, 5 Zombies, and 2 rerolls. This gives you all of the key positionals for smashing early, and you can add in a Ghoul or two and the rerolls later on.

Or I could do Chaos Dwarves. 2 Bull Centaurs, 4 hobglins,5 Chaos Dwarf Blockers and 3 rerolls or swap a hob and a reroll for my 6th blocker and have all of the good stuff early, and can buy the Minotaur big guy laters.

Other major features include the Wardancers, Witch Elves, the Norse’s Ulfenweres, the Troll Slayers, Bretonnian Blitzers, Gutter Runners of the Skaven, and more. Some teams are distinct because of their lack of feature players – what’s the feature of a Lizardman team? A Human team?

Anyways, who am I playing?

Old 02-15-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I could go for a team I’ve never really run with before – Norse or Khemri. Or I could launch into one of my old standbys with the Chaos/Nurgle/Chorf/Necro stylings…

I know. This should be fun!

I am going to grab a d20 and roll…

Let’s me make a quick chart:

1 – Dwarf
2 – Dark Elf
3 - Wood Elf
4 – High Elf
5 – Orc
6 – Norse
7 – Undead
8 – Khemri
9 – Skaven
10 – Lizardmen
11 – Chaos
12 – Nurgle
13 – Chaos Dwarf
14 – Chaos Dwarf
15 – Necromancer
16 – Necromancer
17 – Nurgle Again
18 – Chaos Again
19 – Norse
20 – Khemri

Alright that looks good, right?

Here we go….

I toss…

2…

Dark Elves?

Alright.

Hmmm…

That’s a very popular Elf team. Frankly, it’s my favorite one of the Elves too. I like the bashier side of Elf Loving. I’m not sure if Darks or Woods are the more popular, but both have to be among the most heavily played teams out there.

One interesting strategy for Darks is to emphasize rerolls early. You could go with 11 lineman for 770k, and have 230k for the 4 rerolls, and have 30k left to get an Apothecary after the first match. Since a Blitzer is just 430 k more, you could do the same with 1 blitzer, 10 lines, and 4 rrs. That’s a fun long term team. RRs cost double later, than the do at build, but the 100k you spend later means they aren’t that expensive, but your players are so pricey that you won’t added them quickly when you do that. Plus with AGI 4 on every single player, how many rerolls do you really need? I think 3 is fine for the team.

How about, say,

4 blitzers at 400k
7 lineman at 490 k

Which leaves 110k for 2 rereolls and you’d have 10 left in case you wanted to upgrade a blitzer into a witch elf and spend all of your starting cash.

Now I don’t like Runners for Darks much at all. 7 defense? No thanks. If they had Sure Hands, then sure. But Dump Off? Nah. Although they get natural access to passing, so you could take one and spend some levels giving it pass abilities like, say, Pass. But why? The value of Darks means you can pass with a bunch of players and get down there and score. And why waste a player on passing?

But I could do 4 blitzers, 1 runner, and 6 lines, plus the 2 rrs.

But for now, I think the 1 Witch, 3 Blitzers, and 7 lines makes the most sense for me.

But do I want Darks? Is that where I want to go with this dynasty?

I toss another die and I get 12. Nurgle? Then a 1. Nah to Dwarf. 19? Norse? 14? Chaos Dwarf? How about I take the first one I get twice?

10 – Lizard
8 - Khemri
15 – Necro
11 – Chaos
3 – Wood Elf
19 – Norse
5 – Orc

10 – Lizards. Nah, I just did them for a dynasty in BB2 recently. That’s why I didn’t have the Bretonnian here but that was a fast like one or two game dynasty. I;m not feeling it right now.

18 – Chaos?

Hmmm…

The bad thing about Chaos is it’s reputation for the nasty claw and mighty blow combo for the Chaos Warriors. But I love Chaos. I like to make one of my mutational players a good passer, which you don’t normally expect, and then turn a Beastman or 2 into a major receiving threat.

You know what screw it.

I’ve played them a bunch, but I’m doing it again. Chaos Dwarves? Nurgle? Chaos? Necro?

Let’s just do either Chaos Dwarves or Necro. I haven’t done either in a long time…..

Necro it is!

Old 02-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s my team:

Necrotasy
Purple kits with giant spikes
Motto – “Tasty Flesh!”
Logo – Skull with two coffins with skeletons in them on either side, vertical down.
We sign with Goblin Gambling

Stadium – Defendra

Starting Roster:

Claw, Werewolf
Fang, Werewolf

Thunder, Wight, 6, 3, 3, 8 Block, Regen
Lightning, Wight

Bok, Flesh Golem, 4,4, 2, 9, Regen, Thick Skull, Stand Firm
Dumtak, Flesh Golem

Tom Bone Marrow, Zombie, 4, 3, 2, 8 Regen
Leo Vigor, Zombie
Sextus Cain, Zombie
Algor Mortis, Zombie
Marcus Jointless, Zombie

2 rerolls

And there we are!

Now I am starting with all of my bashy players, not my squishier Ghouls. They are 7, 3, 3, 7 with Dodge. The problem is they are the only unit on my team without regeneration, and the only one with an armor of 7. That makes them very, very weak. I can add them later. Zombies are surprisingly durable, with 8 and regen built in, and we have a chance, if we buy a Necromancer, to get a dead player on our roster as a Zombie. But we do not get an Apothecary though, so all we get is the Necromancer and rising of the undead.

Future purchase will be Ghouls and Necromancers and Rerolls.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:08 AM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s do some AI warming up, because it’s been a few years since I played the game. Want to make sure I am playing right.

We are enrolled in the 8 team Cup – And we open with our foes, the dwarven team known as the Strong Drillers

Let’s play!

Here we go!

Our foe wins the toss and receives in the first half. Time to set up my players for defense.

We set up. Due to the overly bashing nastier nature of the dwarves, I put three Zombies on the line and my Fleshes just off. We get a great kick off result – an extra Re roll this half from our cheering fans.

They drop my zombies, stunning one, and pick up the ball, but have not put anybody around it, in the deep ish center of the field. I flank on the left side of the pitch up with my wight and werewolf and move them in the back of their field, closing on the ball carrier. On the right flank, after moving voer a Zombie to help out, I blitz one of their dwarves with Fang, and have to use a reroll on a double skull but I get a tackle after I push with a an arrow on the first result, and stun him. I call it after more positioning.

All they do is tackle two Zombies, and move the ball carrier up. I need to get someone on him. I could blitz a Flesh on this dwarf in the middle, and then move him to base. Alright let’s do it. Drop the dwarf, and then base the runner. I move in a zombie to base him too. I get a both down with my WW and we are done with that turn. Five of their dwarves are on the mat. Fang is stunned

They try to blitz my Fleshie off their carrier but their push back arrow does nothing against my stand firm. They push back the Zombie, and a Troll Slayer gets the 1 die block vs my Fleshie, and knocks me down. One of my zombies drops their other Troll Slayer and that’s a turnover. I rush over a Zombie. I try to position some things around, and then I want to blitz and stand my Fleshie. Thunder stuns a dwarf of theirs. Should I dodge with my WW and base them to get a 2 die block from my Flesh? Or go with a one die? I miss my dodge and half to reroll and make it. All I do is push him back with an arrow and follow up. I end my turn

They fail a pushback on my Fleshie. Their ball carrier tackles my WW and moves. They also drop two zombies and finally the Fleshie that was on their ball carrier. I stand him up. I free up Thunder and base their ball carrier. I drop three dwarves, and then I blitz and rise Claw the WW. I drop him, but the ball falls to another dwarf who catches it despite a bajallion tackle zones on him. I end the turn

They get a double skull when they try to block Dumtak off the ballcarrier and use a reroll and get a skull and that’s their turn. Lightning sends one of their dwarves crowdsurfing. Bok tackles a dwarf and moves to their ball carrier. I use Dumtak to tackle and…push back. I blitz with Claw after basing with Thunder. I stunned the player and the ball drops free. Claw picks it up and I move him down field. I end my turn.

They drop two zombies before they fail a block and go down.

SCORE BABY!

We get another free reroll this half with brilliant coaching. They drop my three line zombies, stunning two, and then begin to cage up with the ball. Three tackles by me and their ball carrier goes down. I fail the pick up, make it, and then keep on running. They drop Claw and some zombies. Half time! We are winning 1-0

Change of weather. Dumiok injures one of their Troll slayers. We get a bunch of good tackles, until I get double skulls on a key blitz to open the flank and reroll it. Claw manages to pick up the ball in the end zone and moves out. They drop one Zombie. Thunder crowd surfs a blitzer on the left flank, and I move Claw and fang over. I move in Algor for caging and protecting my ball carrier. I blitz Bok, and move folks around.

They drop two zombies, stunning one. I drop four and move down the flank. They stun a zombie. Zombie Marcus knocks a dwarf unconscious. I get a both down with fang off a blitz and I don’t use my last reroll. I move people around and get Claw nto a scoring position before a one die skull tackle with Thunder on a Runner without Block fails and I fail.

Well that’s annoying. They get a dodge, with a dwarf, and a Go for it on a blitz, and then one die blitz, hit Claw, and then drop him on a tackle, and Claw is KO’d. That was the epitome of luck. They stun two Zombies, and then drop Bok with a dauntless Troll Slayer before failed a dodge, and then failing with a RR

The ball fell next to thunder. Thunder picks it up after I move some folks around. I have the ball., Try one GFI for a score now? With a reroll? Sure! He fails, I use the RR, and he fails. AGAIN. And then is KO;s. LOL! You know a GFI succeeds the first time on a anything but a 1. With the RR, there was just a 3% chance of that failing.

They pick up the ball without missing their roll. I can’t blitz after putting a zombie on without a dodge two die block. But I could blitz, drop the player on me with a two die block and put two layers on their carrier. It’s turn 15. They can’t score this late with dwarves. But I can. I need that ball, not players on it. I go with the risker move and try the dodge and blitz with Thunder.

He fails his 67% chance at a dodge.

They KO Fang. I get a zombie on their guy and blitz in Leo Vigor for the double die tackle. Well it works and I stun him! But one of their adjacent dwarves grabs the fumble. Ah well.

Game – we win 1-0.

We got 40k in winnings. 70k now to our credit. We get +1 FF

Our MVP is Fang

I go shopping:

Meet –

Skinthinner, Ghoul, 7, 3,,3, 7, Dodge

Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Irony of Ironies. Who is our next match against? The Dark Lammasus, a Chaos Dwarf Team. Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs, and Necro and Chaos Dwarfs, my top two teams. Ready for the fun?

Game #2 –

Here we go!

Our foes apparently have purchased a star player for the match. We win the match and I tell my folks to play defense first. We are about the same speed on the pitch – We have 4 Zombies and two Fleshes on the pitch – so 6 players with a move of 4, but then a lot of faster folks around them. They have Mudeye, the dwarf with the blunderbuss to shoot the ball out of.

Brilliant coaching leads to a better reroll for us we get 3.

They get a Hobby to pick it up and a three player cage in the back and they tackled two Zombies. I take down a Bull Centaur, and Thunder blitzes off a cage person to base the ball carrier. Claw too. I pass the turn after dropping a few more dwarves.

They drop a Zombie, stand up some people, just get push backs for tackles on my gys that base their ball carrier, and then fail a dodge roll and fail iti again post rereoll and pass the turn. Hmmm. I break Thunder away to grab the ball and he secures it. I pass the turn after moving him into a corner and screening with a WW. They blitz a hobby over and hit my guy on a one die block and reroll a push arrow into a tackle and drop Thunder. My plan to score. Stand up Thunder, blitz my WW, pick up the ball, and score. The blitz works, the pickup fails and I reroll it to a success and…

TD CLAW!!!

I get a perfect defense result. That lets me rearrange my team to a better defense. The ball falls right in front of the touch line, right by me on the left flank. They fail a pickup with a Hob and make the reroll. They drop two zombies.

After some tackles, tThunder takes the ball carrier down. Claw blitzes, drops a nearby dwarf, and picks it up. Now I can try two go for its to bring the ball back safety behind my own line. Let’s see. Success. I dropped four dwarves and Bull. And pass the turn.

They drop one zombie. I get a double skulls one and then a skull and both down with Fang and drop the turn. They get lucky on a bunch of one die blocks, and take down 5 pf my players, stun three, an including a Fleshie. Bok Kos a Bull Centaur. I drop two more. Bok drops a Hobbgolbin on a double skull.

This is turn 7. Time to move into a scoring position. I try to tackle some folks and get into position. They stunned two of my guys but pass the turn and…..

Claw with another score!!!

Half time!

Both teams lose a turn after a riot hits the pitch.

I drop four of them, and Fang grabs the ball deep in our half. They drop just one Zombie and maneuver. I get a both down for their Bull and my Fleshie and turn over. They get the same on my Zombie with their Hobby after dropping three Zombies and that’s a turn over for them.

Dumiok stun their other Bull, the KOd one is still not on the pitch. I end the turn after stunning three of theirs and driving the ball down. They move around, and knock down a pair of Zombies. Claw injures a Hobgoblin. They stun Bo on a double down roll. Turn over. They drop four of my guys, but can’t break out. I score with Fang to get to 3-0.

Gust of winds on the kickoff. They use a RR on a failed pickup and it works. They just drop the three line Zombies. Turonove rby us with a skull tackle by Fang. There’s no way they can score in two turns despite caging, as long as the Bull Centaurs aren’t involved. So I gang them up. My WW takes down their Bull Centaur and that;s a turn. They injure Fang in the final turn, and he’ll miss the next battle with a gauged eye.

We win 3-0.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-16-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #7
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I love me some Blood Bowl. I'm currently playing Chaos, just because I love inflicting damage. Part of me wanted to try and start a Halfling dynasty, just for the challenge, but my style of play leans to be more bashy, so I don't think they are a good fit.

I did a long campaign with Norse one time, making up football names based on beer (Terrell Suds, etc). They are fun, but tricky to play. Frenzy matched with low AV is tough.

The absolute worst is Ogre. Snotlings are just cannon fodder, and the ogres spend half the time with bonehead. I thought they would be a fun mix of bashing and dodge, but they were just a giant effort in frustration.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I hear yah. So we'll see what I can do with some Necro. I expect that once I get all of my sea legs back that I may go up against some real teams soon rather than AI ones.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We get 90k and +1 FF. zombie Leo Vigor was MVP.

I can level up both Fang and Claw my Werewolves of Doom.

Claw – I toss a 4. Claw gets Dodge

Fang – I toss a 3. Dodge here too

Our final match will be against Rotting Souls, also a Necromantic team!

Down a WW, my goal here is to use Claw as a Blitzer, and then move a Wight or my Ghoul to my primary ball carrier here. Preferably a Wight. As the Wights are the only ones with Block, early on you use them as a primary attacker. Later that’ll change. I find Dodge better for WWs because they get targeted more than any non-Ghoul on the team, and Dodge is better on defense than Block. Both protect you, but you can dodge out easily from issues, giving you better chops to maneuver and escape from pile ons.

Luckily I have 12 players, so I can go down one and be fine.

Here we go!!!

Old 02-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We win the toss and kick off to them. They have a Star Player, a Ghoul named Earlico with stuff like Catch, Spring, Diving Catch and is a genuine receiver. Wait? How is Fang starting? Ah well, looks like I have them both here. Huh, maybe I misread the serious injury as what it would have been without regeneration or something. Changing weather with some rain.

They pick up the ball with a WW, move a zombie and WW by it, fail a GFI it roll and reroll it, tackle two zombies, and move their two ghouls up the right flank, so I supect that’s where they are coming. I drop two wights, a ghoul, and position my peoples. They drop a zombie and move in.

Fang double tackles and sends their Ghoul crowdsurfing and he’s injured. Lightning stuns their star player. Bok Kos their Wight. I have to use a reroll on double skulls when Dumtak tackles their Wight to free up some folks to base their runner. They blitz and KO Skinthinner my Ghoul they drop a WW too. I fail in tackles and just push back a zombie and Fleshie onto their runner. I fail a one die blitz on their ball carrier with Lightning and pass.

They drop Fang, and then hit a skull on a one die block vs Lightning, then reroll into a tackle. They run out and over to the side, drop two zombies, and pass. I blitz Bok onto their ball carrier. I take him down. Ball is free on the sidelin next to Bok and a Zombie. I pass. They get a double both down on Dumtak with their star player ghoul and both drop. Turn over. I stand up, try to push back or tackle the WW on eh sidelines by Bok and get a both down, use my last reroll, get a skull and both down and we turn it over too.

Their WW stands and grabs the ball successfully. They stun Claw. Bok stands, blitzes with a 2 die roll, drops the ball carrier and himself again. He is stunned. They stand and pick it up again, but I positioned some Zombies in the way to keep them from running downfield. They drop Fang, and a few Zombies. Dumtak Kos their WW. More tackles. Half.

We start with the ball this half. Our Ghoul is not coming back.

They get a blitz result with a free turn on the kickoff. I move around, drop a few players, pick up the ball with Fang. On a blitz, Claw drops their star player and is kod, but it’s a to as it was a both down result. They drop two zombies, stunning one. I drop a few folks and move around and pass the turn. They drop my Fleshies and a zombie and pass.

I drop a few, and move Fang up to the left flank, behind a screen of a Wight and two Zombies. I get a double skull on and turn over near the end of my turn from a Zombie, trying to save my rerolls for something more critical. They tackle and KO Bok.

Fang rushes in and scores.

All of their KOd players come back as does Skinthinner our ghoul. I get a perfect defense kick and move my players around. They move some folks around, fail a pickup with a Wight, and fail again on the reroll.

I get a double down roll on two die on my first tackle on their WW from a zombie and my guy is KOds.. This time they make the pickup. They get very lucky and drop four of my guys, badly hurt Thunder, stunning three, so that’s four players I won’t have on the pitch next turn to help keep them from scoring. I smash p the middle and base their runner with a WW and then blitz in Dumtak. Dumtak makes the GFI roll, and injuries their Wight. I move folks around and let’s harass them from scoring. They rush in and manage to grab the ball in the tackle zone of my WW Claw. Then they blitz off Claw and drop him. Fang stuns their star player.

We win the game 1-0. We get 40k for a total of 130k in our treasury. +1 FF. The Wight Thunder was MVP. I don’t have enough for that critical 3rd RR.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:30 AM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up is a round robin competition with 4 total teams. We begin with the Marauding Marauders, a Chaos team with a slightly higher team value than ours and some fleshed out players.

Let’s get it on!

I win the toss and decide to kick off. Gust of wind on kick off. We pin them deep in the field with the ball. They grab it with a beastman easily. They only manage to tackle one zombie of ours, the rest are just knocked back. I will try and slip a WW or two past the flanks, I play one on each flank on defense due to their frenzy and awesome speed. I pass after dropping a Chaos Warrior and two beastman. They drop a Flesh, a Zombie and begin to cage in the back.

I try a double block to open up a defender to blitz, but fail ion a double skull and have to reroll. A zombie of mine pushes a Beast of theirs into the crowd and it dies. And we get a new Zombie! I then get a double skull on my blitz from Claw, and turn over. He is KOd. They blitz Thunder off their defender.

They move the ball to my flank and are in a good position. I try to move over. I do stun a Chaos Warrior and KO a beastman and get a Fleshie on their guy after blizing off a blocker, but I think they’ll get around me. Especially after I have to use my last rr early.

They take down my Fleshie, and a Zombie, and then switch to the middle after failing to take out a zombie that I moved to screen in front and move two beastman over to cover. I have a chance to blitz in Dumtak, a Fleshie, for a two die hit on their BM. I move in Skinthinner and Thunder to base their guy first, to cover the other beasts and to put tackle zones on the ball. Here we go. We take him down and stun him, and the ball is free. Only a downed beastman is next to it. Can I dodge my WW and move over to grab it? Dodge yes. Fang picks it up. I have nothing left to do, so I try some one die blocks with my good players that have something like block. End turn.

They stand their Beastman and blitz my WW, and get a both down skull, and then rr to a tackle. Ball is free. They stun thunder, which sucks because he was in a scoring position, and then drop Bok. Without rr, I feel that the wight, Lightning, has the best chance to blitz this beasty off the ball. It works, I get the double tackle and a arrow, and I take it and drop him, stunned to the ground. Try to pick it up? Nah. Not yet. I get a double down on a tackle to free up my Ghoul to move over, and KO his beastamn but TO the ball. They dodge a Beastamn, make TWO Go for its, fail the pickup and….fail the rr pickup.

It’s my turn 6. Can I score? My WW is no longer stunned, and could stand, grab the ball, and run. But I have no rrs to help with ball management. I focus first on getting this Beasty off the ball. Lightning drops him after a Zombie moves over to help. Fang rises, and fails a pickup, and the turn ends. They KO a zombie, make a few one die tackles, make two dodges and more.

Lightning Kos a beastman. Fang fails the pickup. Then stun a few folks and that’s it.

Turn 8. Is there a path to winning? Yes. But it’s not easy. Fang runs, selects the ball, gets it, moves, throws to Thunder, who catches, runs, makes a GFI roll, and then scores. That’s it. Well alright, let’s try it. I tackle two people in the area, and now it’s time…..

Fang picks it up finally. Rushes to the touchline at the halfway mark. Now…Wow it makes it! Now can I make the single GFI roll? Watch me fail on the most likely of these things to work! (It’s a 1 in 6 chance of failure)

Thunder SCORES!!!

Halftime 1-0.

Claw did not return for this half and is out. Cheered on by awesome fans, both teams get another R R this half. The ball falls right beside the touchline. I fail a pickup and I have to rr to do so with Skinthinner and run back behind the line, I can’t let the ball be this close to the line vs a bashing team. I pull back Fang and a Zombie to screen. I pass the turn.

Early on they get a double down block from a CW on my Zombie and both fall. Thunder Kos a beastman. Skinthinner is screened by two Zombies, a WW and both Wights down the right flank. I drop a Beastman, a CW, and pass the turn. They drop Bok, a Zombie, and move in front of me on that flank. Fang blitzes after positioning and drops a Beastman. I screen up and move deeper down the field. I pass the turn. They drop both Bok and Dumtak, and then a Zombie.

Do I want to try and get some injuries pre-rush for a score? Sure why not. Meh, I get a double skull into an arrow, and then a double down skull on the second result and Fang is dropped on their Beastman. They stun a zombie, move on my screen, and more. They KO a zombie. Alright time to score. Here we go…

Skinthinner for the score.

Claw is back from KO time. Fans invade the pitch!

Two zombies, a Wight and a Fleshie of ours are stunned! All four of their Chaos Warriors and a Beasty are down as well. They fail a pickup and then make the rr. I stun a beastman at the line. Can I make a GFI roll? I can and base their runner with a Zombie. Can Fang blitz and drop the Ballcarrier? Yes he can, and the ball is free. For the last thing I do I try to dodge away my Wight and fail, and I want to save my final rr. Turn over. Thunder is KOd though. Their Beast makes a dodge roll, a GFi and then picks the ball up in the tackle zone of my WW. They stun one of my zombies and pass the turn.

Can my WW make a dodge roll to base their ballcarrier? Done. Now, can I move Skinthinner into and out of a tackle zone and slip it in too? No I fail my dodge roll and the re roll with the ability. Ah well. Stunned too. They stun Claw and push Fang off the ball. They get a double down on my zombie Tom, and he is injured.

Final Turn - I dodge a zombie to help me screen and drop three players. They drop two and that’s game. We win 2-0.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-18-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We get 60k for a total of 190k. We gained a zombie from that match, Frizfagor. +1 FF

Zombie Tom Bone Morrow, the injured one, was the MVP.

I spend 140k for a new RR. Time to level up thunder:

Thunder, Wight, rolled 8, not doubles, takes…Tackle? Guard? Strip Ball? Mighty Blow? Sure Hands? Those are each fine choices out there for a Wight early on. What role do I want Thunder to have on my team? I’ve used Grab a lot to move someone near the sideline for a Werewolf frenzy action to hit them. When you tackle someone and get a push back result, you can put them in any adjacent spot rather than just the three on the other side. You can also position the foe perfectly for a double support on a WW if the first tackle off frenzy doesn’t work and you just pushback.

If I want Thunder to be my main ball handler, Sure Hands is great. And I can even take Strong Arm next, which gives you +1 to pass short, long or bomb range passes. If I want a Wight that is dedicated to hunting down the ballcarrier, then Strip Ball works well, because any push back result (even the dodge push back one) will free the ball. I am going guard and then punting the question until later.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a good time to pause and talk about one of the reasons I really enjoy the Necromantic team. They are a hardy, and surprisingly cheap bashy team.

As you know, all of my non-Ghouls have regeneration. Did you ever wonder what that does? If you suffer any form of casualty, you have a 50/50 chance of leaving the pitch and heading off like a KO. That’s big. That means we can shrug off the mighty blow and claw duo with more survivability. Imagine taking out a Flesh Golem. It has an armor of 9. That means you have to roll a 10 on 2d6 to break his armor when you tackle him, and then roll very unlucky to injure him, and then hit a 50% chance of avoiding it altogether. That guy is not getting injured easily!

Now I don’t have to spend the cash on a Apothecary, and only a Ghoul isn’t going to benefit (as a result, I tend to shy away from overemphasizing the Ghouls which others do).

So given that durability, who do you need to buy after your initial team? Unlike all of the other teams out there (save for Undead and Nurgle) you have to buy lineman. That costs a lot of money, but not here, here they are self-replacing. Did I kill a non-undead, non-stunty with a STR of 4 or less, then here’s ZOMBIE!!! And Zombies are very durable for lineman. AV8, and Regeneration means they are pretty durable, cheap dorks, only their lack of speed, at four, is bad.

So post initial team, there’s not an obvious need for more linefolk. And unlike other teams, there’s no big guy to pick up later, or key positionals I have to worry about selecting. I had all of my key players in my first team – 2 Flesh Golems, 2 Wights, 2 WWs, and a fw zombies. Only Ghouls are missing, and I’ll pick up another soon, but you can get one in a game or two.

That means just rerolls are your key target, and we do have to spend 140k for each one, but I typically need just four for most teams. Key ball pick ups, key tackles, key GFis, and such. Necro at four is fine. And then what are you doing? You aren’t replacing lineman. You have durable non-Ghouls. You don’t need to invest in Apothecaries or more than 2 RRs. There’s no big guy or expensive positionals you didn’t get – Ghouls are your cheapest positional anyway at just 70k. You can sometimes get 70k in one match. After spending 140x3, 420k, you have gotten everything you need.

Therefore I’m comfortable investing money elsewhere. An overly leveled Zombie that has no space for skills, players that are injured, and more. No sense not moving them and bringing in new talent, right? Otherwise we’ll just have a bunch of money sitting around and not doing anything.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our next foe is Morbid Hunger, another Necro team

They get a bunch of inducements pre-game.

High kick and they have a chance to move a player under it and try to catch it and…their Zombie, in the back corner, doesn’t catch it. They aren’t running any ghouls, just two wights, wws, Fleshies, and zombies. They drop a trio of Zombies, and get a WW topick up the bal. They do have 4 RRs. Thunder drops a WW after Skinthinner based him and Skinny, Thunder, and Claw are out and free on my left flank. I slip in Fang on the other flank. Do I take a double on a block from my Flesh Golem to theirs or rr? With just three, let’s both drop. Bad call, Bok Is KOd. Theirs is stunned though. They cage up perfectly and move near the touch line, and drop a zombie of mine too.

I blitz in Lightning but just get a pushback and expose a corner of the cage. I put Dumtak on him too and pass the turn. They try to blitz me off with a Fleshie, but get double arrows twice post rr. Yay for Stand Firm! The only one left is the carrier, who gets a skull and double down, without any rerolls for the turn left. Dumtak badly hurts the WW and that’s a casualty on their key player folks! And the ball is free.

Unfortunately, the ball fell to a space surrounded by three of their players. Lightning drops their other WW. I have to use a rr on a double block meant to free Skinthinner to race down and give me a double tackle from Thunder on someone next to the ball. Do I want to push to get Thunder onto the ball but leave them standing, or tackle the double down, and drop their zombie but leave him off? Hmmm. That would leave them 3 vs 2 for the ball, because he’d just stand up next turn and such anyways. Push back. Should I push him onto the ball and move it? Nah. They stun Tom Bone when fails a dodge…he was next to both of their Fleshies by himself and I figured he would be better to move. They blitz down Thunder and drop Fang. No attempt to pick up the ball.

After tackling their Wight off the ball with Dumtak, only one Flesh each is on them. With Thunder’s guard, Skinthinner tackles off a Zombie basing him. Claw Kos their WW! That frees up Lightning to blitz their Fleshie off the ball, but it’s an awkward angle. I’d have to move on top of the ball to do it, and if I miss, no tackle. I could try a two die tackle from a Zombie onto a zombie to free up a line of attack without going over the ball. Let’s do it. Success, tackled. Blitz time! Nope, two arrows. Stand Firm keeps him there. Ah well. I stand up Fang and dodge away from the marking Zombie. End turn.

They use a rr on a one die block from their Fleshie that was a tackle and push back a zombie. They stand up their many downed players and blitz over a wight to drop a zombie of mine. I move Skinthinner next to the ball and adjacent to their Fleshie. Now time to see if my Dumtak and take down their Golem with a two die block. Down she goes! Lightning moves in, fails the pickup, makes the rr. I move some players around and pass the turn. I even stood up downed Zombies in bad places to give them targets far away. They drop two zombies of mine. Then a both down for my WW and their Zombie is a TO, but Fang is stunned.

I move lightning into a scoring position. End turn after some failed tackles. They tackle two zombies, and then Lightning scores. They get another RR for the half. They tackle two zombies. We tackle three and that’s the half…

1-0 Us.

No KOd players return. We start with the ball and another pitch invasion occurs. I have two zombies down, and they have 7 players down. Grrr. I try to move some players into fast-scoring positions, tackle some folks and then…. Claw grabs it and moves up into their territory. I have zombies screening. Tome Bone Marrow drops and stuns their Fleshie and that’s my turn. I pass with them just having three players standing. They fail a blitz with a wight and it falls. I move my guy into a scoring spot, and then get in a bunch of tackles as well. They stand, take down one of my zombies, and that’s it.

Now, do I try for tackles or just for a score. A quick score would leave me time for another if I play well. Sure why not. I move some folks around. Claw scores.

Bok is back

We both get the ref on KO and get an extra bribe. The ball falls between a zombie and WW on their team. They pick it up. KO Tome Bone Marrow. Stun another and tackle a third. Claw kods a Zombie. Pass turn. They cage up with zombies and Fleshies, and drop two zombies of mine. The best I can do is a minus two blitz from a Wight on tehri BC, but without block,and with a RR, there’s a good chance it won’t be disastrous. Push back and I follow. They get a tackle off Thunder, crack down a zombie, then get lucky with TWO dodges by their ball carrier to spring free and rush deep. Fang kills a Zombie. Now I can’t raise them from the dead, as they were already dead. I get a double skull on claw, and then a double down and go down…to a bad injury Back Injury.

They score

The fans throw a rock and Fang is injured. He is KOd. Skinny fails to pick it up and the reroll. They stun Tom Bone and move in deep. I tackle a bunch of folks, and Skinny can’t grab the ball. And that’s it!

We win 2-1.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We get 80k in cash and have 130k

Zombie Sextus Cain is MVP

So here is what Claw has:

Niggling Injury. Any future injury rolls against this player are at +1. So that basically means that Claw has a toughness of 7 rather than 8. That’s a pretty big deal, mathematically.

Now what I could do is retire Claw and hire a new WW. All I lose is dodge here. I do. Meet Nail!

Time to level up Dumtak…

Dumtak, Fleshie, toss 11. Hmm…

Do I want to give him block or a point of agility? 1 point of agility suddenly makes him just as good with the ball as the rest of my team.

Hmmm…Okay, let’s try it out. I could use him in cages and feed him the ball later to go for TDs.

Our final match is against the Lizardmen.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our foes gets an extra RR from the inducements of being about 100 behind us in team value

I kickoff, and Brilliant Coaching nails us another RR.

My foe is devoid of any big guys. Just Saurus and Skinks. They have to use a RR on a blown ball pickup. Then Tom Bone Marrow drops a Saurus who gets double skulls and TO. We’ll blitz Nail to rush around the edge and hit their Skink Ball Carrier. I drop them and the ball is freed. I drop two Sauruses and call it.

My foe moves a few players around, and then rises their downed Lizardman, slips away from my WW with stunty and dodge combined, and then grabs the ball, fails, and fails the RR for a turnover. I move Lightning next to the ball, and then blitz in Fang to hit their Skink off the ball, and then, hopefully, pick it up. Success until picking up the ball, fail, rr fails, and it drops to Nail, who has a Saurus on him. That does count as a TO too. The Saurus tackles Nail,a nd the ball falls to Fang who grabs it, even with the Saurus on him. They blitz in a Saurus who just pushes me back. If I can make one single dodge roll out to open space, with the Dodge ability as a free reroll, I can score right now!

Fang scores!

1-0

Pitch invasion and…I have a Ghoul and two zombies down for their three saurus and one skink. Sorry, two skinks. They build a screen at the line, slither a skink over, fail the pickup but a Reroll works. That’s their last one

Can I make some GFI to hit their Skink again with a WW, this time Fang? Just some push backs twice instead. And then we tackle a few folks. We’ll see if I can pressure the game away. A Saurus Kos Fang on a blitz.

They stun a zombie of mine. And then drop one more and it’s my turn. My only chance is a dodge blitz to hit a an odd corner with Nail. I fail the dodge, but my RR works. Get to get this guy dodge soon. I just push them back. A zombie Kos a Skink. Thunder dodges and bases the Skink carrier too, away from the two Sauruses he was basing.

They blitz, block, and stun Nail. Double block with a zombie and Saurus ends the turn. Thunder Kos the ball carrier, and its Kd. It falls next to a Saurus. Lightning stuns one. I blitz Bok onto a Saurus, fail a GFi, make it on the RR, and drop it. They slip a skink past some dodges, and pick up the ball. Their Saurus blitzes my Skinthinner Ghoul but just gets a dodge push back. Nail stands, and blitzes and drop their Skin ball carrier. He fails the pickup, but then succeeds. Now, I am two GFis from scoring this turn. It’s my turn 7. Had I made the pickup with the RR in my picket, I would have tried. I can cage up this turn, I placed two zombies where the ball carrier was in case this would work, and I can bring over Fleshie and Wight to help, but they have some serious Sauruses here as well. Which is more likely to work? Dodging next turn, potentially, and failing? Or getting two separate GFis without any reroll backup? Cage time.

They tackle Bok with a double skull roll and it’s a TO.

There are a few tackles I have to make to score. Lightning drops a Skink and…Nail Scores! Halftime!

I get the ball, riot causes us to each miss a turn. Nail fails the pickup and the RR works. I pass the turn after moving folks around. They stun Tom Bone, and they finally, finally miss a freaking dodge. Want to try something cool? I could run down the edge, try and pass the ball to Lightning and then run in for two GFIs and a score. But I want to try and see if I can get another score with Nail to get him a level in his first game if possible. Dumtek kos a skink. I pass the turn. Saurus KOds Leo Vigor. They fail another dodge from a skink.

I move down field, caging my WW with skill positions- Wight, Ghoul, and WW. Dumtak dodges away from a big ol pile on to help screen. They base a bunch of my cage, blitz over a Saurus, and drop Lightning, basing Nail. I could hand off to Fang and get him the score. I have 1 rr left to facilitate that. Or I could just take the open space dodge roll and try to score myself. I can’t get more than a 1 die blitz on the freakin’ lizard. I feel like the dodge, with my reroll, is the best plan. Before I do that, want to try and crowdsurf their Saurus with Bok? Done! Dodge made! Nail scores again!

Perfect defense kick off. Okay, here we go. I have three turns, and I could see myself scoring that soon if they play poorly and don’t protect the football. They pick the ball up deep in their half. They just drop one zombie. Fang crowd surfs a Skink and moves back. I end the turn. They drop a Flesh and a zombie. And caged their skink nicely. I get a double skull, reroll to a double down and a skull and Fang falls. Their skink does to and the ball is free. Fang is injured. Suck. They move around, and on my final turn, I just try to get in some unfair tackles on my part. Nothing much. On their final turn they get some tackles, but nothing major.

Game, we win 3-0.

We get 60k for a total of 70k. +1 FF
MVP is Zombie Frizfator

Levels up:

Nail – Dodge
Fang – Injured, out next match…Block

Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are invited for a Regional League. Four groups of four teams each.

Our first foe is the Orc Team Ironcrag Crushers

Here we go!

I win the KO and we’ll start on defense. High kick result, opponent has a chance to move under the ball and catch it. Their Black Orc doesn’t grab it, but is next to the ball on the left flank. They fail a pickup and reroll for success. They then tackle and badly hurt Tom Bone Morrow. Two more zombies fall. If I want, I can get a one die blitz on their Orc holder with Nail. He has block and Nail doesn’t – bad plan I think. Instead I blitz down a Black Orc ot open up a lane to run, but fail a dodge with Dodge, and drop.

Nail dies…

They ko one of my zombies. They stun another. Bok blitzes the corner off their cage to base their runner. I move in some support. Their turn. They blitz and drop Bok and rush down further. Thunder blitzes off a blocker and bases them. Dodge fails on Skinthinner as I try to get away fromt eh two Black Orcs basing it and it falls.

They blitz and push Thunder off. They drop a zombie and Bok. I have to make a GFI to bring Lightning down to support. All I can do is push back a corner with Thunder. I fail a dodge with a Zombie to get away from three beaters and do not reroll. They make a dodge roll and score.

Yow. Ball falls into the corner, right past the touch line. Just one back, and on a sidelines. I move folks around it. I fail a GFI to to pick it up, reroll, and then can’t grab it. They drop a zombie, move in strong and base some stuff in bad places for me. I stand Skinthinenr and blitz into an adjacent black orc with two zombies on it, push it back and grab the ball successfully. I pass the turn. They stun Dumtak and drop Bok and a zombie. I blitz Skinthinner to hit and push back a orc in their backfield after basing it with a Zombie. They ko a Zombie. They base me. So to score here on the 8th turn, without any rerolls, I need two things. 1, to make my dodge roll, and 2 to make one GFI roll. Here we go…

SCORE!!!!

Half time

We start with the ball in the second half. But just 9 players out there. Yuck. High kick. I move Dumtak with his great Agility under the ball? Nah, I need him on the line, I send over Skinthinner, who does not catch the ball. This half I won’t be messing around with staying on them as much. I drop three and no one is basing anyone before I try another pickup with Skinny. Done. I pass. They blitz and stun a zombie and base a lot of my guys, but not my Fleshes on the line, which should be good. I send Skinthinner behind them to use them as a cage at the line. With a zom,bie and wight at the corners on the back end. I end the turn. They drop two zombies and base one Fleshie. I move a zombie to help and try a two die block and….just a pushback. I blitz over Bok to drop him and back. Pass. They dropa zombie of mine, and get a double down skull on another and we are both down, and their player is KOds. They based a few of my folks too. I rush my Ghoul and flank with some Wights, but I have to base some of their guys to prevent them from hitting me en masse. I drop a single black orc with Bok. My foe is trying a dodge blitz to get to my Ghoul. They fail the dodge, make the reroll and…just a push back with a dodge tackle rolled.

Alright they pass. I tackle Lightning into their guy on my folks. Double block. Ah well. I try with Thunder and just a push back, but that gets him off Skinny. I make my GFI (not having used any RRs) and score!

2-1 us

I hope I didn’t score too soon in turn 13. Still a lot of game for them to score back with my weakened team out there. Damn. We get a riot and each team gets another turn and that’ll suck. I need to play good defense. Luckily, my foe fails the pickup and the reroll and passes early.

I slip Skinthinner into their backfield. Can I make them play defense for too long? Lighting and Thunder are both in, one off a blitz. I leave my Zombies on the line for them to tackle. Our foe makes the pickup. Ah well. They tackle a zombie, try to foul it but nope, drop another zombie, and stun a third, and triple base Skinthinner. Should I try a GFI to base their runner with Bok, and then set up a double tackle blitz by Thunder? Sounds good. I still have single reroll. I am all set up. I don’t want to dodge with Skinthinner later, in case I need my reroll for Thunder, but I don’t want a turnover with a ball pickup that I wouldn’t reroll, and then leave Skinthinner in dangerous situation. So I dodge first. Success. Blitz time!

Just a pushback, I keep my RR in my pocket, but he’s between Thunder, Skinthinner and Bok. I end ny turn

They blitz Thunder with a nearby Black Orc, get a double skull, reroll, get a skull and double block and fall, Thunder stands. Because he has block, as does the ball carrier. I use Thunder first for the tackle. Ideally, I’ll get the ball, pick it up with Lightning to level him up with a TD score. Tackle, stunned, ball falls between Skinny and Lightning. I move Bok over to help protect the ball…and…

Fail, reroll….fail. There was a 67% each time of success. Turn over.

They rush some players onto the ball. They drop three of my players – Dumtak and two zombies. My best chance for getting another score on turn 16 is to move support over, like Skinthinner, blitz with Lightning, and then pickup the ball and rush it in and make a GFI.

Tackle works
Stunned
Ball picked up and…

We are up 3-1!

They drop two zombies and end the match

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-19-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We get 60k. Which will give us just enough for another WW.

+1 FF

Leo Vigor, Zombie, is MVP for our side

We only had three armor breaks all game and one was a badly hurt zombie and the other a killed WW.

Sad

I have three levels up to dispel:

Level 2 - Lightning, Wight, Guard

Level 2 – Leo Vigor, Zombie – rolled a 12 with three options – take a normal skill (I take Kick normally on my first Zombie to level, but I could go block instead). On doubles I could take Guard, which is what you would normally grab on doubles with a zombie. But I am taking the bonus to Strength instead! We are a bash team, and getting a third +str guy is nice. Now if this were a ghoul/WW/or Wight, I’d be thanking my lucky stars. A zombie is a weaker choice, but I’m in.

Level 2 – Skinthinner, Ghoul, Block

Meet my new WW – Tooth

Fang will be returning for next match as well.

Getting my ghoul to block and dodge, having Fang with the same on a WW, and getting a stronger Zombie is nice. We have some good places, even though I just had a WW killed in Nail who had just gotten two scores and dodge after his first match for us. But here we go!

My team currently:

Old 02-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My next match is against a Dark Elf team.

They will bringing a star player, Sidewinder to the field as an inducement. It’s pouring rain out here today. This is my first match against a speed team like Elves or Skaven, so it’ll be interesting if I remember how to play against them. This is all about positioning. We each get the ref and get some bribes.

Dark Elves have Witch Elves with Frenzy too. Stay away from the sideline here. They have 4 RRs to our 3. Ball pickup, tossing an catching will be harder in rain. They drop three Zombies, stunning 1. Their ballcarrier is a guy with a 5 dexterity, so that’ll be something. Fang stuns an Elf on a blitz and moves down. I drop two more elves. They have made a bunch of dodges, stun Leo Vigor, drop Dumtak. I can do a few things. I can get a two die block from Bok on their ballcarrier. He doesn’t have block or dodge, just jump up. Or, I can base him with Bok, then blitz in with a WW, get a GFI it roll, and I have two chances to drop him, and he’s run up two away from the touchline, sso I could, if I make two GFIs, crowd surf him. Plus if the GFI it fails, he’s next to Bok.

Here goes Tooth…Damn, I ran out of time while talking here…LOL! Normally I hit pause…LOL! They score after dodging a bunch of people and making a toss to their Star player. 0-1 them

Well the weather turns nice!

Can I get a grindy 2-1 win now? Darks are a bit more durable…

I drop five Darks, none stunned or anything. Tooth picks up the ball. I may have misplayed this. I should have put Dumtak in the backfield. Forcing my foe with the 11 3 str guys to take down a 4 str carrier would have been the right play. Lesson learned.

They drop one zombie, push back another and a wight, and make more dodges out of tackle zones. Okay, I have a blitz opportunity with Fang to double tackle their star player into the crowd. Well, it worked…just not as I was expecting. The first tackle was a normal tackle, or a skull. So I took the normal tackle and dropped him by the line and leave Thunder here, but move my WW to screen to prevent flanking easier. At least we dropped the star though. I end the turn with my final tackle, a double down with Bok and an elf, and took down two more elves too – total of 4 this turn. They stun Tom Bone Morrow. Five players of theirs made dodges that turn! Dumiak Kos an elf. Pass the turn. I am moving down the left flank.

Their Star player just ran through SIX dodges, rolls a 1 d block on my WW ball carrier, and makes it. So annoying. Tooth is stunned even. They fail a ball pickup with him and the reroll and it’s my turn again. Ball is next to him and Skinthinner. Now I have a chance. Blitz in with Fang. Pick up the ball in traffic, crowdsurf their star player, and then secure it. Nah, I need to move him off the ball first. I go from a different, non ball angle. I drop him with a double block as he doesn’t have Block. Then I fail a pickup and the RR.

Their star rises and picks up the ball, all while next to Skinthinner. Then Blitz and stun Fang. Thunder is stunned too. They made a bunch of dodges and one blocks. It’s turn 7, so I have to stop playing pansy and get into a scoring position. Can I get a one die block to crowdsurf their guy with Skinthinner? I get a double skull block, and I don’t reroll. I have block. We stun him, and the ball unfortunately falls out of bounds and…kicks kicked in DEEP in my territory right next to two dark elves. Sometimes you just get screwed by the gods.

I can’t get anyone near by to do anything. They pick up the ball, pass, miss the pass, end of their half. Can I get in some injuries pre-half to set me up better? They did not stand up players they could have near the touch line. I drop a couple of folks. Is there a Zombie nearby I can try a foul? I try to injure their star, but nope.

1-0 halftime.

Quicksnap and I can move all of my players one square for free. The ball is falling at the touchline though. I moved Dumtak under it, but neither he, nor Leo Vigor could hold on and it drops safely behind them. I use Fang and Thunder to set up a crowd surf with their star. First tackle is an arrow and a skull, I choose arrow, but second is double down or skull. I want to crowd surf him, not tackle him. Fang is doing this, so the double down is fine, but crowdsurfing him removes a major irritant. Is this worth one of my three rerolls? To turn a successful tackle off? Nah, I have to save them. If I had gotten a free one with the kickoff, then yeah.

Dumtak picks up the ball, in a cage of a Zombie on the back, and a Fleshie, Wight, and Ghoul. I move Tooth over to help as well. End fo turn. Only one of my players is next to theirs. Leo Vigor. I’ve been using Leo more like a Fleshie, and Dumtak move like a slow Chaos Warrior. They gang up and take down leo. They based a few people here and there, and dodged their star after rising away from the line. Fang stuns an elf. Tooth blitzes an elf down. I pass the turn. Again, only Leo was next to elves. They drop two Zombies.

I blitz Bok over to drop someone off my zombie cage point. Tooth stuns an elf. I slide Fang into the backfield. End turn. They blitz lightning and a zombie down, Bok blitzes and Kos a guy and I move my cage up a few spaces into their territory. They drop Lightning, and dodge away from some blockers to move in front of my cage. I blitz down and push back a defender with Bok and relocate my cage three more down field. I pass the turn.

They finally fail a dodge roll from Lightning but make the reroll. They stun lightning, blitz Tooth down, and base two corners of my cage. I move Dumtak into scoring positon after Skinthinner tackles and drops his marker. Bok blitzes another marker. My foe tries a miracle. Stands a player, dodges a bunch of people, needs a GFI, needs a -2 die, but can’t get the GFI to stick and drops after a RR fails too.

DUMTAK SCORES!!!

This will be their 15th turn, I have one left. I get a perfect defense kick off. They blitz down Thunder and pick up the ball. No one is in a scoring position. So I just want to smash! I drop three, but get nothing.

Game 1-1 tie

Well,, I did a good job caging that match. I get 40k. Bok was MVP for us.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The next match is vs….NURGLE baby! They start with the ball . Gust of winds hit.

Ball is just 6 spaces from the halfway line. Our foes have Lewdgrip a star player out there. They drop two zombies and blitz down my Wight. They manage to pick up the ball, bring it close to the line and have some players nearby in support. They have 5 rerolls too, so they can lean on some crazy crap. I drop an dstun a rotter. I blitz Bok in and drop a Pestigor (aka Beastman) and base their runner. I fail a foul appearance tackle on their Nurgle Warrior from Tooth. I pass. They blitz Bok, fail a GFI and blow a RR but just get roll back results. With Stand Firm he’s going nowhere. Then they get a double skull and Bok drops a Rotter – to. Bok remains on their carrier. There’s a pair of Nurgle Warriors on him. Rough. I takle a Rotter with a Zombie and base one. Tooth again fails a foul appearance roll on their NW. (You only need a 2 on a d6 to hit it.) Thunder gets a push back, and that frees the zombie there to base their other NW protecting their BC. Now Bok has a 2 die block. Success. Bok drops him (after I reroll a skull and double block) and then move in. Ball falls free to the space Bok was in.. DUmtak bltizes, tackles a person onto the ball,a nd it squirts out. pAss the turn.

They maneuver, stand up, and then fail both the pickup and the rr. But it fell to where they have two Pestigors and one Rotter on it, none of mine. Bok and Dumtak drop two plaeyrs to push deeper and the ball squirts again. I fail another foul appearnace on a blitz to get a WW over, and I Reroll it finally. Make it, drop the guy. Fang stuns a Beastman/Pestigor. Turn. They stun Lighting and drop a pair fo Zombies. I drop a few of their players and pass. They stun Thunder and do little else.

I move around and rise some peoples. I have a chance after Bok tackles and drops the last person here I can slip in Skinthinner and try to grab it. But I can also try to grab the ball with Fang and try to score this turn. Fang blitzes, drops and injures their star player. Tooth heads in, drops the pick up, makes the reroll, Should I try a GFI to score? Nah, I’m one away from scoring. I end the turn. They only drop one zombie and it’s my turn. Should I try for another injury or two?

Tooth scores! That’s his first. If I can get him a second we can dodge him up.

On the kickoff I get a blitz result. I move around and fail another foul appearance by Tooth on a NW. Nurgle Warriors are so good. They pickup the ball deep and then KO one of my Zombies and tackle another. Leo the high STR Zombie Kos a Nurgle Warrior. Tooth rises, blitzes, and Kos a Rotter. I send a NW crowdsurfing with Fang. I end the bash centric turn. Two Kos and a Crowdsurf? That’s a lot for me. They KO Tom Bone and drop Lightning. I have the last turn of the half. I just stun two, nothing more.

Half – we are up 1-0

We start with the ball. We both bribe the ref. Ball falls just 4 spaces back from the halfway line. Fang Kos a NW. I push folks back from the line, and then rush Tooth up to try and grab the ball. Nope, and we fail the RR too. They blitz, drop a zombie, and open up a hole and move in a few players on my cage. Fang injures a Rotter. Tooth picks up the ball, both Skinthinner and Lightning move into the back and blitz down a Rotter. I pass the turn.

They tackle and drop Zombie Sextus Cain and badly injure him, he will miss the next game. They drop Dumtak too. Lightning KILLS a Rotter! We get a new Zombie. I end the turn. A NW Kos Dumtak. I get a double skull tackle and Lighting falls. They crowd surf Tom Bone Marrow.

Tooth Scores on Turn 13

Quick Snap, they can move their players one space each. They stun Bok and drop two Zombies. Skinthinner Kos a Pestigor. No other tackles were successful. I move some folks around and drop a few enemies. Nothing major.

This is my final turn. I have one player in scoring range, Tooth, but he’s based to a NW. Meanwhile, their carrying Pestigor is open to hit. I have a rr. But I would need to:

Base the Pestigor
Blitz the Pestigor and drop it
Have someone pick up the ball
Have that person get the ball to Tooth which is hard with the NW next to him’s foul appearance.
Have Tooth make his dodge score

Sounds like fun

I move in a zombie to base the Pestigor.

Fang blitzes and drops him

The ball falls free and ….Thunder manages to pick it up!

Pass fails and….reroll…Nope!

Ah well.

They badly hurt Algor Mortis.

Game

We win 2-0

We get 80k for a total of 120k

We bring in Zombie – Edgar Attractus

Our MVP is Lightning

We made it out of this round and up to the next one.

Level Up:

Werewolf, Tooth, Level 2 – Dodge

Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are now in the knockouts rounds after getting promoted from the league. Our next foe is the Poisoned Amphibians, a Lizardman team

We get a brilliant coaching on the kickoff and we get another RR, which gives us 4 for the half. They have a full roster, including a bug guy, the Kroxigor. That gives them 7 players with a strength of 4 or more. Their Krox just failed a bonehead roll and can’t do anything this turn. They drop two of my zombies . Tooth blitzes back into their backfield and fails to drop a corner of their cage but bases their skink carrier. I end the turn after some positioning. They injure and badly hurt Tooth with a blitzing Saurus. He’s out for the game. They drop two zombies and have the biggest, giantest cage ever with like 7 players around their Skink at the touchline. I do very little but move some roadblocks in the way.

They drop a bunch and slide their cage down. I have to use some GFIs, but I think I can crack open a corner with a blitz by Dumtak on a marked Saurus. Done. My last move I to try and dodge Thunder away from a bunch of big dorks and fail. No rr, let’s just pass. They manage to slip their Stuny dodging guy from my markers. They drop Bok and a pair of zombies. I have a chance to didge Fang away from his blocker and blitz their ballcarrier from an awkward angle. For now I try some two die blocks to see if I can set up the good stuff. Alright, here we go. Dodge works. Just two pushbacks, and now I’m based to a Saurus. Dumtak dodges away from some serious pressure. Turn.

They score after making several dodges.

We get the ball. I try to cage up the side and pass the turn after Skinthinner was given the ball due to a free ball. Only one Zombie is based to their stuff. I can’t do much and have to pass after dropping some foes but losing a tackle on a Saurus that based one of my cage folks, even after the rr. They slip the ball open and… Well, they just got push backs on Skinthinner. So all I have to do is dodge with Skinthinner, and get to the endzone, 8 spaces away, after making one GFI. And I have a rr too. Let’s do it and…

SCORE

1-1 going into turn 8.

Extra rr this half for me. Not needed. They KO a zombie an drop two more. Nothing else happens. Half

We begin with the ball. Can I get a slow grindy win? Going with Dumtak as my bc here makes no sense given the speed of my foes and the vast number of high str piece they have to rely on.

High Kick Off – Fang catches the ball. I drop two foes, and move around to bring the ball down the right flank. The reason I gave the ball to Fang instead of Skinthinner is I wanted the extra speed, and my foe is doing a great job at blocking their Skinks and not exposing them, so it’s hard for my WWs to get to them on a blitz. They KO a zombie protecting Fang. And now they follow by basing Fang.

I tackle the Saurus on fang with an adjacent zombie after piling up. I do little and pass. They screened well. They blitz Fang and get a dodge push back and a push back and knock me back. Another one die push back follows. They KO another zombie. And they tackle more.

Skinthinner KILLS a Saurus. Dumtak KILLS a Skink. Same turn!

Fang blitzs a Skink, fails to drop it on four tackles, and then dodges away from it at the end. I use both GFIs, one at the time, to push it into the corner. No rerolls needed! My final move is failing a 50% dodge and I don’t reroll.

They blitz and pushback Fang with a Skink. They pass after a few tackles. All I need to do is get Fang to make a dodge to open space, and I can score. Before I do, I blitz over Thunder to drop one, and screen up. Here we go…

SCORE!

But there’s plenty of time for them to score back and tie it up. Got to play good d. Well, a Blizzard erupts! Uh oh. Touchback, and they give the ball to a Skink near the line.

They cage on the left flank hard. They KO a zombie. On a three die block I get skull, and two knock back arrows from Bok, and can’t drop the corner skink, but skill follow and base their bc . Thunder blitzes in to follow, Kos a skink and bases their ballcarrier as well. End turn.

They blitz a Saurus and drop Bok. They push back Thunder. Bok blitzes, rises, and can’t quite drop their Skink. I base their BC with Skinthinner and Fang. Pass turn. They tackle thunder, blitz Bok, stun a Zombie, then get a double block result from a Saurus on a zombie and pass. Nice

Can I get the ballcrrier down? Nah, two chances with Dumtak and Skinthinner and nothing. UI even blitz in Fang, and get three double die attacks, and now work, even with my RR. That’s TEN die rolls from my team and nothing. Not even a double block from my blockers. Pass

They blitz Fang off the bc. I need these guys to fail a dodge or something. They drop Dumtak. Lightning blitzes the corner off their cage and stuns their skink and bases their bc. Turn.

Game

We win 2-1

We get 30k

Thunder is MVp

I purchase a 4th rr.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-22-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:24 AM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So I want to watch out for the next match. Both of my Wights are one TD away from leveling up, so any chances I have of feeding them the ball I want to take.

Our next match is vs the Norse. They have induced WIlhem Cheney to join them a star. Cheney isa good Norse WW> Quick snap result from KO. Here they go!

They pick up the ball, move folks around, and drop two zombies. I blitz their star but get double block and he has wrestle. Dumtak makes a GFi and bases their BC as does Skinny. I dropped three, and pass. They blitz Dumtak off their BC. Then they make a dodge roll off. Bok gest a double skull tackle, and I reroll to drop a cage and base their BC. I fail a dodge to get someone on them and pass the turn.

They make a bunch of dodges and one tackles to get into a good scoring position. I can’t drop their BC only push him back, and move some folks around. They stun Tooth. I get lucky when a one die block rerolls into another skull – TO. I kid you not I used 10 freakin’ tackles blocks before a Zombie drops their BC ona blitz, but he does injure the guy, so that’s nice. I pass. They KO Lightning and stun Thunder. I drop the guy on the ball. I pass after basing the ball with two more zombies.

They KO DUmtak, and blitz free someone to touch the ball. On turn 6, Skinthinner picks up the ball after several successful tackles. Will I have time to score? We’ll see! I rush down my Ghoul, but before I can do much follow, I lose a two die block to break through some cagers. Wow, they get an unlucky double skull block back.

Turn 8 – I have used all of my rs. I need to make just one GFI. Here we go.

SCORES!!!

1-0 Half

We start with the ball, and I am using Fang as my primary ballcarrier, I need block vs these guys, and the extra speed from my BC is useful here. Get the Ref result from ko

I pickup the ball and drop three bad guys. They just drop one. My turn. I get a early tackle loss, and lose a RR and into another one. They base one of my cagers, and put one of my WWs in a dangerous positon. I drop some folks and move my cage down the right flank,a nd get my WW Tooth out of the danger zone as well. They drop two zombies, and make a nice screen in front of my cage. I make some nice tackles.

They manage to open my cage with their Star Player on a frenzy and more folks follow in. A few tackles ensue, and they drop some more zombies. They KO Thunder. I am surrounded, and I try to dodge, tehre are too many, and I fail and turnover.

They injure Algor Mortis. Badly hurt. They grab the ball. Now there is an opportunity:

Get a GFI with Skinthinner to base their guy perfectly.
Stand Fang on a Blitz
Blitz their ball carriers into the crowd.
Jumps on the ball if nearby

Success and I injure their guy. But the ball heads out, far, far away from where it went out of bounds. Line by the midfield line, next to two of their guys in scoring position. Suck. Pass the turn, sigh

They fail the pickup but stick the reroll. They drop some zombies, but miss a block and fall. I think Ihave a chance on their BC. Bok blitzes in, Kos the bc, but the ball drops next to one of their WWs. I move Bok over to him with my last movement. Lightning arrives to block. Tooth, who was marking this guy, now can try to tackle him down and… He got a skull and double block, so I have to reroll into a pushback but he’s off the ball. Fang fails the pickup and I TO

They drop Tooth and some Zombies. Fang makes the pickup and runs to the backfield. Bok injures one of their WWs. End turn. My turn. Now question. It’s turn 16. I can hand the ball off to Lighting and try to score to give him the SPP or I can just waltz in with Fang. I do have a RR. I hand the ball to him. Failed with the RR too.

We win 1-0

We get 80k +1 FF

Zombie Edgar Attractus is my MVP

Old 02-24-2017, 01:27 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Say hello to:

Livertaker, Ghoul

Levels up:

Skinthinner, Level 3 Ghoul – Tosses a 10. I can take +1 movement, +1 armor or any normal skill, but not doubles. Now there are a few people you take +1 movement for. On this team, really only a Flesh Golem makes sense. There are very, very small numbers of players you take + armor value for. Would the Ghoul be one? Well, let’s drill down into the math a bit.

AV 8 – With an AV 8, like my Wights, WWs, and Zombies, you only break armor on a 9 or higher when you fall. This includes failed dodges, GFis, and tackles. You have about a 28% chance. And that breaking could be anything from stunned, knocked out, or injured.

AV 7 – Your chance of tossing an 8 precisely is 13.88%. That brings you from 28 to 42. That’s a big jump in probability. That’s why I don’t like Ghouls much.

Do you take a +AV on a Ghoul? Well remember you still have a decided lack of regeneration and apothecaries, so you still have nothing to come back from. So here’s question? Would I treat a Ghoul with AV8 any differently than one with AV7? Would I shift it’s roles any. I really wouldn’t. So why waste a skill level for it then?

Only Ghouls and WWs have access to agility skills without tossing a double. Now typically Ghouls play a few roles on my team, and after they get block and dodge on level 2, I give them something like Sure Hands or an agility skill like Side Step or Catch. Side Step is perfect because I choose to space to go to when I am blocked, and I can choose any I’m adjacent to rather than one of the three, so you can use it to pop free after a push back or something.

One of the roles I often like to develop is my other Ghoul into a safety ball grabber, who I only play typically on defense, with wrestle or block and strip ball and tackle. One ball carrier and one safety. But right now I need the Star points for my peoples, and Ghouls can be such a star point hog, given how vulnerable they are, so for now, I‘m not mining the “I score the ball” route. I’m going with Side Step instead.

Fritzfagor, Zombie, level 2 – Kick

Bok, Flesh Golem, level 2 – Wow!

I just got another 11. Do I want to make both of my Flesh Golems now have +1 Agi? Nah. One is enough. Block instead.

We now have a TV (team value) of 1700!

We’ll be getting close to Spiraling Expenses soon.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:43 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I loathe spirialing expenses.

So BB has a mechanic to help slow down teams that are juggernauts from doing, well, stuff on the high end of the spectrum. Roadblocks to keep you from getting overly problematic. Now the way they used to do that in a previous edition was with niggling injuries. After a certain level, each time you leveled one of your players up, there was an increasing chance that he’d be injured and gain a niggling injury, and before each game you would roll to see if those players with ni’s would actually play or not. Which is a very realistic way of dealing with the problem. As time passes, and players get smarter and more skilled, their body has collectively had more and more problems. And that results in major potential problems for your team as it ages, and gives you a reason to actually retire a player and hire another to your team to replace them.

Then they replaced it with spiraling expenses, and again, these are meant to limit your team. And SE is nasty at doing so. Here. Starting at 1750 TV, which is about to hit for me, basically as soon as I level my Wights which could be next game, I will be forced to spend 10k per game on increased expenses. So yay me. But, for each 150K my team hits from there on, another 10k is taken. At 2050, that’s a nasty 40k a game, which at that point will remove any cash from your savings, and blank you totally, leaving no money to pay anything with. And holding onto savings heading in will increase your TV as well, so you can’t save up money heading in. It is designed to force you to cut players that are studs or who overlevel. Have a Zombie that gets to level 3? Cut him. Drop that TV. You can’t afford to keep it up!

And the result is people have learned how to min/max their TV. Take something like Leo, my 4 str Zombie, which I think is a cool thing. But a +STR bonus to a player gives you 50 more TV, so Leo is 90 TV right now. Well, in the game, no one would do that. I did because it’s fun!

It’s also hard to balance your team if you have one of the more expensive rosters out there, like Dark Elves or High Elves or Wood Elves or just Elves of any sort that have 70k linemen and up. I can’t turn off spiraling expenses in an online league, like I could in real life, nor can I do anything else to help out, just play the game. Sigh.

Now BB does intentionally over or under price some units, so that most teams are spending similar prices for their units in total. Here, let me give you a quick example:

This is the Dark Elf Blitzer. 7, 3, 4, 8, with Block, for 100k – Access to General and Agility, do you can hook it up with Dodge on your first roll without needing doubles, and have a blodger immediately. You can get 4 on your team.

This the Necromantic Wight. 6, 3, 3, 8. With Block and Regeneration. Access to General and Strength, so you can get something more bash-y and less durable on your levels, like guard instead of dodge. 90k. Is the swap of Regeneration for better skill access, and one more movement and agility? Absolutely, especially when you have an Apothecary on your team! But we can’t make you spend that much for a Dark Elf Blitzer that might actually be realistic, right?

Flesh – 4, 4, 2, 9 with Regen, Thick Skull, and Stand Firm, 110k, and Strength and General access.

Chaos Warrior – 5, 4, 3, 9, with general, strength and mutation access for 100k

The CW is better from a lot of angles – Faster, can actually do things with the ball, and have the massively awesome mutation access generally, without need of doubles or anything else. Again< Regen and Apothecary feel like washes, so would you rather have thick skull and stand firm at the beginning or +1 move, +1 agi, with the ability to get a lot better very quickly. Plus Chaos’s can level up a lot faster as you feed them scores.

Now here, compare to a Black Orc Blocker, which has the FG stats, 4, 4, 29, with the same access, no abilities, and is 80k as a base

Nurgle Warrior – 4, 4, 2, 9 – Regen, Nurgle’s Rot, Foul Appearance, Disrupting Presence, basic access to STR, Mut, and Gen, 110k.

You can make an argument that the CW is better than the Flesh Golem despite cheaper. But the NW and FG have identical stats and Nurgle’s Rot is identical to the team’s Necromantic ability, so you are swapping Stand Firm and Thick Skull for Foul Appearance and Disturbing Presence. On defense, the FA is vastly superior to Thick Skull. 1 out of 6 blocks and blitzes (and I think junk like stabs and dirty weapons as well) will fail for the rest of existence. Stand Firm vs DP? No question. And mutation access trumpets the lack thereof with other stuff in alignment, despite the same cost. So good!

Here’s another example while I’m thinking about it. Heres the Zombie: 4, 3, 2, 8 Regen, 40k. Now Regen is great for a lineman, because you never waste an Apothecary roll on a lineman, you save it for positional. People really underestimate the Zombie. Now, here’s a Rotter from Nurgle’s Team – 5, 3, 3, 8, Decay, Nurgle’s Rot, and 40k as well. Which is better? Is the extra AGI really important on a lineman this fragile? Nah. It almost never comes into play. The extra movement? That’s great! You can use that all day long. Now, as I mentioned above, the Rot will make more Rotters when they die, and the Zombie is on a Necro team, so it will make another Zombie – win for the Zombie. But Decay is awful. When the character suffers a casualty, you roll twice and… you get both. Two chances at death, at serious injuries and more. The Zombie is so much better.

Here’s’ an obvious one – Nurgle’s Pestigor vs Chaos’s Beastman. Now most races have very similar or identical units with the same cost – the Elven Blizter is 100k on multiple teams. But here the Pestigor is 80k vs the Beastman’s 60k. They have the same stats, same skill access, and Horns. Nurgle has Regen, vs Apothecary for Chaos. Mostly a wash. What’s left? Nurgle’s Rot? That’s not even worth 20k by a little bit, but you have to ensure that it happens.

Thoughts for y’all!

The Spiraling Expenses also sucks for other reasons. No one is buying up extra staff or extra things like cheerleaders. Each 10k you invest is another 10 on the TV list. So no one is that stupid, right?

I would also love ot see the stadium m advancements answer this. Hey, as you upgrade your stadium, more people can show up, so you can make more money, and then as your SE’s continue to rise, you need to keep building it up! Good stuff, right?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:57 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well let’s head back.

We just made it to the finals of this tournament. Time to rock it!

Our foe is a 1490 TV Lizardman team. What will they pick up to level the field? Two stars hemlock and Buttel. We both Get the Ref.

Our foe shave no Kroxigator, just 6 Saurus, and the two star Skinks, and more skinks. They pick up the ball and move a pair of Saurus to help cage. Two zombies fall. My turn. Hemlock is a stab’ing leading player. The other is a catcher and has 3 STR. I drop some folks and do very little else. Pass

My opponent move the cage hard and passes with little done. Tooth stuns a Skink. Fang blitzes and stuns a Saurus off the corner of their cage. I also move aroun d the back, base with two others, but there is a huge pit of people in the middle Expect a lot of counter tackles.

They injure and badly hurt Fang. Their star stabs and stuns Bok. They drop Thunder, two Zombies, and clear out enough space to move their Skink into scoring position. Tooth Kos one of their stars.

Turn 4 they score

They get a blitz result. They are moving now on the Kos. They failed a dodge after moving a bunch of people around to screw up what I had done, like keep my people off the lien near his 5 STR Saurus. Stuff like that. So annoying.

Tom Bone Marrow injures a skink. I fail the pick up the ball and the subsequent reroll. Then they blitz and hit Tooth and….he is injured as well. They manage TWO Gfi for its, two dodges, and slide a Skink to pick up the ball right next to my Wight. I move over a Zombie for help and then drop their Skink (it’s the star with 3 STR) and the ball is free. My new Ghoul, Livertaker scoops the ball. Pass

They blitz Skinthinner and stun him. I was using him as a shield for Livertaker. A Saurus injures Leo Vigor. Another injures one of my Wights. He regenerated from a worse injury. He would have died, according to the dice.

Can I even score? With the 6 players I have standing up and 7 total? What would it take? Something crazy, right? I move folks, fail a blitz and tackle in a key skink in my way, and pass the turn. They drop Livertaker and the ball. And then faila pickup and pass.

Bok Kos their stabby Star. I manage to knock down a few others, but that’s it. I can’t score. Bok Kos a Saurus. Half

1-0 them.

I get a high kick and Thunder catches it and begins with it. I need to go very, very sloooow. Cage and stuff a lot. I do a little caging, can’t drop anything, and pass the turn. They stun a zombie. I drop a few, cage to the left and pass. They drop and injure Leo Vigor. My foe uses Diving Tackle when I try to slip away and KOs Livertaker. To for me. They blitz after two GFis from a Saurus on my ballcarrier but just push him back. I moved Skinthinner into a scoring position in case I need to get it to him and score quickly.

First I need to tackle him off my guy. Bok drops him. Second, should I try two die tackles on skinks to try and even the odds? Without using a blitz, I have two right now I could do with Zombies, and a third potential with a blitz. That’s multiple chances at evening the odds in terms of players on the pitch. I don’t need to score right now. So I go for numbers. I drop two without using a RR so I try it. I rush out, hand it off, make the RR, and score with Skinthinner.

Touchdown on turn 12. Lots of time for them to score back.

With cheering fans we get an extra rr. We put the ball deep, on the back line. Good job Kick! They pick it up. Positioning is very key from here on out, with 6 Zombies on the pitch. They stun two zombies, and drop a third. I drop some folks and try to set up.

They blitz and kill Tom Bone Morrow. He regens.

They get lucky with one die blocks and dodges and such. I get some blocks, but nothing major to impede on them. They drop Lightning, They cage to the right and pass. I moved Skinthinner to scoring place and they based me but I dodged. I got a zombie on the BC and a Wight and such in there too.

This is my turn 16. I can tackle the ball pick it up and toss it to Skinthinner for score with anyone? I doubt it. Not enough AGI 3 people on the board. We’ll try though. Nah, can’t get though the pile when one of my tackles is just a push back. Ah well. Finish with the smashing. I pass the turn.

They ko a zombie….

1-1 Overtime...

Old 02-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We receive!

High kick, thunder can’t bring it down. Just one player dropped and with a RR I grab the ball and move up. They base 6 of my players but drop none. Skinthinner blitzes into the backfield with a double block drops and KOs a skink. I cage up a bit on my right flank. They blitz and KO a zombie on the corner of my cage. Pass after I get little.

They drop Lightning. Blitz another corner off my cage. Alright, they drop four players, but I have a chance…maybe. Skinthinner is in scoring range. All of my players are based to someone or down, save for Skinny and a couple of 4 move folks not in the action right now. I move them closer. Dumtak blitzes and stuns a Skink. Alright, that clears me. I can move up, but nope. Even with a rr I don’t get it anywhere on target. Nothing happens, but a Skink of thiers picked it up, and I ca;t drop them on my turn.

They dodge and slither out of the scrum and move to the other side. Dumtak blitzes and drops him. Do I have a shot?

1) I move over zombie to help
2) I successfully blitz off their star ST3 Skink that was on the ball
3) I move Thunder over to pick up the ball…and….nope. RR? Yes RR worked.
4) Now I was going to try another miracle chuck at Skinthinner. I still could I would need 33% of a toss and 66% of catch. I am out of rerolls, so there is no sense saving myself. There’s very little time left. Now I could move over a Zombie, but I am next to a person who can stand, and a bunch of folks, and I have zombies to my left and rear, so I could be blitzed all day. Which is more likely? Not to get tackled and rush or hand off later? Or make it now?
5) I think this is my one shot left, given the time left in the game.
6) Here we go! Pass not on target, falls next to Skinthinner….

Turnover

They slip a skink in and pick it up next to Skinthinner, and then slip away. They injure Zombie Sextus Cain. Then Bok drops them on a double skull block from their Saurus, and I have a very, very minor chance still on turn 24. I fail my blitz with Bok and just got a push back. Ah well. Free ball could have been picked up and returned for a score.

Pass the turn.

Penalty Shoot Out!

Hmmm…

My game froze.

I close it and reload it…

Is there a way to resume? I was playing this thing for hours!

Nope. The game reset. Well that sucked. I wanted to fight through my bajillion injuries. Or not. It was epic really. I’m not wasting another bunch of time after my game screwed me over like that.

Ah well, I’m calling it. We had two players about to level up from SPP from casualties. Another Zombie and a Wight (can’t remember which) so we were likely to begin to hit spiraling costs.

Anyways, thanks for reading!!!