Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #551
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts and Adrian Adonis are exhausted after the last show. Adonis had only wrestled in the Battle Royal, but has a pretty huge workload between us, Maple Leaf Wrestling, and New Japan. He wrestled an incredible 6 matches the first week of July.

-Gino Hernandez has signed with Georgia, where we'll work in addition to WCCW.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #552
surlyc
n00b

Honestly? This thread is more enjoyable than following any "real" wrestling in the past several years. Keep writing!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #553
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlyc View Post
Honestly? This thread is more enjoyable than following any "real" wrestling in the past several years. Keep writing!

Thanks - I appreciate you checking it out.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #554
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 3, July 1984
Corpus Christi, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Gino Hernandez is a no-show, and has no good excuse. I haven't been using him too much lately, I don't know if this is related to any kind of unhappiness. No-shows are a pretty big deal, so I suspend him a week.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Randy Savage defeats Doug Somers in in 12:01 by pinfall. (D) The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Randy Savage, who cuts a heel promo (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
A music video featuring David Von Erich (B+), and then The Road Warriors (C+) is shown while the TV show is setup to go live.

-As the show starts, David Von Erich comes to the ring and grabs a mic. He says fans have been asking him all week went me meant by his comments that he's "negotiating" with the Freebirds. David says the next few weeks and months may be very volatile in WCCW - but he's asking the fans to trust him. He says he may be forced to do some things the fans don't agree with, but in the end, he promises that the outcome will be very positive for himself, his family, and most important, the WCCW fans. He says that soon, the Von Erichs will stand together again, re-united, and win back control of World Class from the Freebirds (B-)

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Buddy Landell defeats Owen Hart in 4:58 by submission to make his 3rd defense of the title. (D+). During the match, the announcers note that Mike Von Erich will return to the ring to challenge for the Cruiserweight Title at July Star Wars.

-Roddy Piper is on the stage of Piper's Pit. He has that his wild success in WCCW has made him a target, and has made wrestling's greatest talk show a dangerous environment for him. He brings up the argument between him and Gino Hernandez at Piper's Pit three weeks ago, noting that Mexicans and Italians shouldn't be allowed to breed, because the result in hotheads like Hernandez. As the result of this danger on the set, Piper says that he has hired a bodyguard, he then introduces the new look Adrian Adonis. (C+). Piper claims that Adonis was having an identity crisis as a "Playboy", until Piper "took him under his wing", beat him in a hair v. hair match, and shaved his bleached blond hair. Now, says Piper, the result is a man who isn't intimidated my anyone, a redneck with a means streak. (C+). Piper than changes the subject to the Iceman Parsons/Ted Dibiase feud - he introduces a hype video that recaps the feud, including footage from Parsons' shocking victory over Dibiase, Dibiase's subsequent attacks and demands for a rematch, Parsons' eventual acceptance, and hints of Dibiase's racial comments towards Parsons. (C+). Piper than introduces his guest on the Pit - Ted Dibiase, who comes out with Arman Hussein, to rap music and a boom box, and a handful of other racial sterotypes (again, I apologize, it's 1984) Piper puts Dibiase over as a great wrestler. Dibiase cuts an racially suggestive promo (saying, among other things, that he could buy and sell Parsons' ass.) He also that Parsons won't be doing any jiving' or dancing' when he's done with him. (C+)

-Iceman Parsons defeats Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) in 7:49 by pinfall. Parsons comes out enraged after the Piper's Pit segment, and wrestles an aggressive, sometimes reckless match with Dusek (with occasionally gets him into trouble against the veteran Dusek, though Parsons is able to win in the end). (D-). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Parsons cuts a passionate promo, saying Ted Dibiase has taking all this to place is doesn't need to be. He would have gone out and shut him up at Piper's Pit but he's too smart to go up against 4-1 odds. He claims that July Star Wars will be all business for him - he'll go in and win the match. (C+)

-#1 Contender's Match - WCCW World Tag Team Championship
-Winner Gets Title Shot at July Star Wars
Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts defeat The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) in 8:23 when David Von Erich held the leg of Butch Miller while Michael Hayes was pinning him. (B-). After the match, The Freebirds celebrated, as David Von Erich walked away, looking disgusted with what he did. The announcers speculated that this was part of the "negotiations" between David and The Freebirds.

-After the match, and after The Freebirds left the ring, Skandor Akbar cut an angry promo in the ring with The Sheepherders, trashing both the Freebirds, David Von Erich, and the WCCW fans. He says what just happened is a travesty, and he's going to protest by hijacking the TV show - he's not leaving the ring until the show's over. After a minute or two, the show cuts to a commercial. When the show comes back, the trio is still in the ring, and the fans are getting restless. (B-) Then the Road Warriors come to the ring, the announcers note that they are involved in the next scheduled match tonight, against the Villanos. The Road Warriors argue with Akbar and The Sheepherders, clearly trying to get them to leave the ring. Akbar refuses, but then the Road Warriors go on the offensive, attacking Akbar & The Sheepherders and throwing them from the ring. (C)

-The Road Warriors defeat Villanos IV & V in 4:43 when Animal pinned Villano V. (C). Animal looked good.

-Lance Russell has an in-depth, pre-taped interview with Bob Backlund. Russell points out that Backlund has been laying low for the last few months, but he'll be at the center of attention again in two weeks, when he faces Bob Backlund for the WCCW World Championship. Backlund says he hasn't been "laying low", he's been kept out of the action by both the WCCW Board of Directors, and The Von Erichs. He claims that both The Von Erichs and the Freebirds are afraid of him, because once he gets the WCCW World Title back, they all know that he'll never lose it. He says he's beaten David many times in the past, and July Star Wars will be no different. Russell then hypes tonight's main event, Bob Backlund v. Tiger Mask. He notes that the two wrestled a 30-minute draw on TV back in April, and then again last week at an event in Albuquerque. Backlund puts over Tiger Mask as a great wrestler, but plans to prove that he's the best in the world. (B+)

-Bob Backlund defeated Tiger Mask in 22:58 by pinfall. (B). After the match, when Backlund left the ring, Gary Hart, King Kong Bundy, and Arturo Mendoza hit the ring to attack Tiger Mask 3-1. Backlund, almost back to the locker room, returns to make the save, fighting off the heel trio as the show ends. (B-)

-Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-I liked the booking of this show, even though it didn't end up with a great all-around rating (though a C+ increases our rating everywhere in the US except Texas).

-Randy Savage will be an interesting experiment to see if I can build him up to a mega-star. After 2 matches with us, he's already increased his Texas Popularity from E to D-. Popularity is the only thing holding him back, as he definitely has the skills. It's just that he's been sheltered in Memphis for so long.

-David's going to be acting a little funny for the next few weeks, but I think the fans will forgive him for it in the end. Right now the Freebirds hold all the cards, so he's going to have to do things he doesn't want to reach his ultimate goal.

-Adrian Adonis debuts as my dynasty's version of Bob Orton. Piper's been officially saved from the chopping block, though I'm still planning on making 6-8 cuts any day now, probably after July Star Wars.

-The Dibiase/Parsons racial stuff is "edgy", but makes perfect sense for these characters. Parsons is also a rising star, and might get some skill and popularity boosts working with the already-established Dibiase.

-I really like the whole whole Freebirds/Sheepherders/Road Warriors segment. It made perfect sense and setup a Sheepherders/Road Warriors feud, which should be pretty awesome. David also gets to help the Freebirds against a heel team, which makes his actions a little less shocking (though that's more of a dynasty/artistic thing than something that will impact the game itself).

-Bob Backlund gets a little attention this week after being over-shadowed recently. He's still a tweener/heel who doesn't like David, though he's definitely a fan of Tiger Mask. I was pretty disappointed that that main event only got a "B" rating, which was easily the worst of their 5 1-on-1 matches.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #555
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV Show gets a 2.30 rating - same as last week, matching our all-time high.

-Villano IV and Road Warrior Animal sign with New Japan. They should get good experience there.

-Bobby Eaton and Bruno Samartino renew their monthly complaints. The former about not being a main eventer, the latter about wrestling too much. I think I'll probably retire Bruno soon.

-Not much news between shows this week, so I'll recap what's going on in the WWF. Larry Zbyszko is still the Heavyweight Champion, Pedro Morales is enjoying his 3rd IC Title reign, and the tag team champions are Bob Backlund & Paul Orndorff. The top two faces in the company are Zbyszko and The Junk Yard Dog, the two top heels are Hulk Hogan and Sgt. Slaughter. In the upper midcard, they're using Michael Hayes and Jerry Lawler as heels, and Bob Backlund and Buddy Rose as faces.

Last edited by molson : 01-20-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #556
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 4, July 1984
Austin, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,504 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Before the show, I tweak a handful of worker gimmicks that have become "stale". None of these tweaks are very substantial, so nobody will have to take time off TV.

-David Von Erich: People's Champion to Brute Cowboy. This will fit in with David's edgier conduct in the weeks to come.
-Buddy Roberts: Grizzled Veteran to Freebird Thug. Not much of a change here.
-The Great Kabuki: Mystical Oriental to Extremest. Kabuki will be a little more hardcore, which is not new territory for him. (He participated in the 4-man King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament last year with Brody, Funk, and Fernandez)
-Gary Hart: Devious to Hustler. Hart hasn't made a huge impact in this dynasty, but maybe this will give him a boost.

-Bob Backlund and Michael Hayes are both booked by the WWF tonight. Fortunately, I didn't advertise either one.

(I had to re-type this whole show from memory after it somehow didn't take the first time, so I'm estimating the non-wrestling match angle ratings and match times here)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Randy Savage defeats Owen Hart in 7:05 by pinfall. (D+). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Savage (D-).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario defeats Al Perez in 4:47 by pinfall. (C)

-As the show starts, Nikita Koloff comes to the ring with his manager, Boris Malenko. Malenko holds the Soviet flag, which Koloff salutes. (C). Bruno Samartino then comes to the ring and cuts a pro-USA promo, hyping the match. (C)

-Nikita Koloff defeats Bruno Samartino in 8:01 by pinfall. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Malenko cut another promo hyping his client. (C)

-David Von Erich comes to the ring to address the fans. He said that he told them that he'd have to do some things they'd disagree with, the first example of that was helping the Freebirds defeat The Sheepherders last week. He asks the fans to continue to trust him, and this will all make sense in the end. He says that that was one of the hardest things he ever had to do, and that wrestling politics can be a dirty business. He then asks The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar to come to the ring, and they oblige. David said he did what he felt he had to do, but he wants to try to make things right. He says he'll give a world title shot to both members of the Sheepherders, one tonight, and then if he's still champion, he'll give a shot to the other Sheepherder this week on TV. The Sheepherders, still angry, are intrigued by the title shots and accept. (C+)

-David remains in the ring and Lance Russell enters. Russell announces that Mike Von Erich will return to action tonight, 5 days earlier than expected (he's scheduled to wrestle Buddy Landell for the Cruiserweight Title at July Star Wars. (D-). Mike Von Erich comes to the ring and cuts a promo, thanking the fans for their support. He says that it's been tough stretch after being injured in several matches against Terry Gordy, but he's finally back to 100%, and can't wait to wrestle Landell at July Star Wars. (D+). Mike is interrupted by Terry Gordy, who comes to the ring. Gordy sarcastically welcomes Mike back to WCCW. He then says he hopes Mike is REALLY ready, because his first match back is against him, and it's happening right now. (C+). Mike looks surprised, David looks angry. David appears to be trying to convince Mike to return to the locker room and forfeit the match, but Mike stays, and sends David back.

-Terry Gordy defeats Mike Von Erich in 7:33 by submission. (B). The two showed good chemistry. Gordy looked good, and was clearly trying to "soften" Mike up for his match this Saturday night against Landell.

-The Great Kabuki drew with Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary hart) in 29:05 by Double DQ after Gary Hart interfered, and was sprayed with the green mist by Kabuki. (A). After the match, King Kong Bundy hit the ring, and he and Mendoza attacked Kabuki 2-1. Kabuki however, was able to hold his own, eventually bailed from the ring, and grabbed a chair, which he used to hold off Bundy and Mendoza until officials broke the fight up. (B)

-WCCW World Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar) by submission in 14:42 to make his 13th defense of the World Title. After the match, David cut a promo, hyping the match and thanking the fans. (B)

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-Obviously, Kabuki/Mendoza was the match of the tonight, but since both guys are pushed as midcarders, they were both overused tonight in a 30-minute match. That pushes down the overall rating.

-Bruno Samartino started a storyline tonight, where he goes on a bit of a losing streak before being taunted by a cocky young wrestler. This storyline will close out Bruno's in-ring career (at least in WCCW).

-David did what he felt he had to do on the TV show last week, and he tried tonight to do the right thing. This will be an ongoing theme, and will get even more complicated if and when David feels he has to interfere in a match to the detriment of a babyface.

-Mike gets his ass kicked by Gordy yet again - the two have great chemistry and always have solid matches, which is why Mike is subject to these constant beatings.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #557
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-19-year old Jushin Liger is being hyped by the dirt shirts as a future star.

-Bruno Samartino is late for the last show - he's given a warning.

-Former NWA World Champion (only 1 time at this point) Ric Flair has left Mid-Atlantic, and is currently unemployed. I request negotiations with him, mostly out of curiosity for his asking price. If I were ever to actually bring him in, I'd have to do some major shake-ups in the main event scene.

Last edited by molson : 01-20-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #558
PilotMan
Head Coach

Flair should return to his rightful place in the AWA. That is where he should have been all along. I wonder how different things would have been if at it's height, the AWA had the starpower of Flair to hang it's hat on. It may have evolved into something worthwhile.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #559
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Flair should return to his rightful place in the AWA. That is where he should have been all along. I wonder how different things would have been if at it's height, the AWA had the starpower of Flair to hang it's hat on. It may have evolved into something worthwhile.
Sounds like a dynasty-to-be
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #560
PilotMan
Head Coach

Actually, I was a few months into an AWA dynasty that I have about 20 pages written for, until WMMA came out and that has taken up most of my extra gaming time. A pipe dream for us at this point.

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #561
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, July 1984
Little Rock, AK (Small Venue - Mid-South Region)
Actual Attendance: 4,883

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV in 5:45 by submission (C). The two showed great chemistry. After the match Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Mike about his upcoming Cruiserweight Title Shot against Buddy Landell, and his recent defeat to Terry Gordy a couple of days ago in Austin, TX, in Mike's comeback match. Mike says Gordy tried to put him out of action again, but he's still standing, and as he proved tonight against Villano IV, he's better than ever. He says he's been waiting a month to get his hands on Landell, and he'll finally get his shot in a couple of days at July Star Wars. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Randy Savage defeats Jose Lothario in 7:37 with the help of a foreign object he concealed in his tights. (C)

-Bob Backlund cuts a promo as the show starts, hyping his main event match tonight against Michael Hayes. He says he's tired of being overshadowed by the Freebirds and Von Erichs - he says he'll destroy Hayes tonight and then David for the World Title at July Star Wars (B).

-The announcers introduce and then narrate a video packaging highlighting the various Terry Gordy/Mike Von Erich confrontations over the last few months, and then the events of this past Monday in Austin. Mike returned to action, only to be overwhelmed by his surprise opponent - Gordy. (C+)

-Terry Gordy defeats Bruno Sammartino in 15:35 by submission. (B-). This was a rematch from their TV bout two weeks ago, and though Bruno was a little more competitive here, it was the same result. After the match, Gordy cut an in-ring promo. (B-)

-A video package shows the events from the Austin event where David Von Erich tried to justify his actions in helping the Freebirds defeat The Sheepherders, and then when he tried to make things right by offering both Sheepherders a title shot. The video also showed highlights of his title defense in Austin against Luke Williams. (B-) It was then announced that David would defend the World Title tonight against Butch Miller. (B-)

-Gary Hart cut a backstage promo with King Kong Bundy and Arturo Mendoza by his side, hyping the 3-2 handicap match tonight against The Great Kabuki and Tiger Mask. Hart hypes his own wrestling ability, and said that Kabuki and Tiger Mask were making a huge mistake agreeing to these rules. (C)

-Tiger Mask and The Great Kabuki drew with Gary Hart, King Kong Bundy, and Arturo Mendoza in 20:00 when the time limit expired. The story of the match was Hart tagging in only when the heels had control, and then quickly tagging out (to the great frustration of the fans, Kabuki and Tiger Mask were never able to get their hands on Hart). (B). Bundy was tiring towards the end of the match, Hart was exhausted. Kabuki and Mendoza looked good. After the match, Kabuki and Tiger Mask again tried to get their hands on Hart, who was protected by Mendoza - the two fled the ringside area. Bundy basically "sacrificed" himself to allow Hart to escape, and was then subjected to a high-impact attack from Tiger Mask and Kabuki, the former showing off some of his aerial offense. (B-). Tiger Mask then grabs a mic, and in a rare event, speaks - he challenges Mendoza to a 1-on-1 match at July Star Wars on Saturday. He'll put his mask on the line against the opportunity to have 10 minutes alone with Hart in the ring if he wins. (B-). After a commercial break, Marc Lowerence tracks Mendoza down backstage, who says that he accepts the challenge. Lowerence notes that Hart is nowhere to be seen backstage, and wonders out loud what Hart will think of Mendoza's acceptance. (B).

-David Von Erich cut a promo hyping his World Title defense against Butch Miller. He says he knows he can't take Miller lightly, especially with Akbar and Luke Williams at ringside. (B-)

David Von Erich defeats Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) in 9:58 by pinfall in 9:58 to make his 14th defense of the World Title. Akbar and Williams interfered constantly during the match, leading to several very close falls. Michael Hayes come down to ringside and actually neutralized some of the inference by attacking Akbar and Williams, to the surprise of the fans and the announcers. (B)

-Bob Backlund defeated Michael Hayes in 12:59 by submission (B).

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS

-A very strong all-around show. I was worried that David v. Miller wouldn't be a main-event caliber match, so I actually finished with Hayes v. Backlund, even with it's built-in heel v. heel penalty. At the end of the day, both matches got a B rating.

-The strange behavior of David Von Erich may have gotten a little clearer tonight, after Michal Hayes helped David retain his title. What we've seen so far is Von Erichs helping to keep gold on Freebirds, and Freebirds helping to keep gold on Von Erichs. The question is why.

-This Kabuki/Tiger Mask/Hart/Bundy/Mendoza angle has been gold, even though it's not so much storyline driven as match driven.

-Randy Savage is slowly working up the ranks, moving on from the Owen Harts of the world and tonight defeating Jose Lothario in a "C" match. He's probably already at the point where he'd deliver B-rated matches with main eventers.

-Next up is the July Star Wars Card, for which we've advertised the following:

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich (c) v. Bob Backlund

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton (c) v. Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts

Buddy Landell (c) v. Mike Von Erich

-Mask v. 10 Minutes Alone with Gary Hart
Tiger Mask v. Arturo Mendoza

-Ted Dibiase v. Iceman Parsons

-Piper's Pit featuring Gino Hernandez

Last edited by molson : 01-26-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #562
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV show gets a 2.39 rating. That's up from 2.30 last week, and it was our largest TV audience ever. Georgia Championship Wrestling on TBS is somehow drawing 8s and 9s, and the WWF drew a 3.00 on their last show, so we're still a ways behind them, but WCCW clearly has the 3rd most watched wrestling show in the world.

-Dr. Death Steve Williams had been on the sidelines for almost 7 months since leaving Mid-South, but he has now signed with Georgia.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #563
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING: JULY STAR WARS
Saturday, Week 4, July 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default +$1
Actual Attendance: 4,423

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Jose Lothario about his upcoming rematch with Randy Savage. Lothario puts over Savage, saying that he's an impressive young wrestler who has a big future in WCCW, but that tonight, he hopes his experience pays off. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Randy Savage drew with Jose Lothario in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Savage, who claimed that "the old man got lucky". (D)

-The four Freebirds come to the ring to hype the show. They claim that tonight will be another historic night for WCCW and The Freebirds. Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts will add the WCCW tag team gold to the Freebirds' collection, and in so doing, Buddy Roberts will become the first ever "triple threat" champion in WCCW history, as current holder of the Six-Man, TV, and Tag Team Titles. They also say that Buddy Landell should easily defeat Mike Von Erich tonight, because he has the ultimate motivation - if he loses, he's out of The Freebirds, since that title belt is the only reason he's a member. Landell looks slightly annoyed and worried by that comment. (C+)

-Lance Russell interviews Mike Von Erich, who hypes his upcoming Cruiserweight Title Shot. He says he once considered Landell a friend, until the "cheap" way he won the title. (D+)

Buddy Landell defeats Mike Von Erich in 4:35 by submission to make his 4th defense of his title (D-). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Bobby Eaton & Koko. B. Ware hype their upcoming tag team title defense against the Freebirds. They say that they saw David help the Freebirds earn this title shot, which confused them, but that David's been a friend for a long time, and they're sure he knows what he's doing. (B-)

Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts defeat Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 12:44 when Hayes pinned Ware. The Freebirds win the World Tag Team Championship. (B-). David Von Erich came to ringside during the match, where he was immediately confronted by Eaton and Ware. Later, David held Koko's leg while Hayes made the pin. A dejected David immediately returned to the locker room. Koko's performance stood out. After the match, an enraged Eaton & Ware started destroying cameras and tables around ringside (B-).

-Lance Russell interviewed Iceman Parsons about his upcoming match with Ted Dibaise. Parsons says he's been focused on this moment for a long time - he calls Dibaise a bigot, and says that this is the most important match of his life. (C)

-Iceman Parsons defeated Ted Dibiase (w/Arman Husein) in 4:45 by pinfall in a quick victory. (D+). Dibiase was limited by injury.

-Piper's Pit w/guest Gino Hernandez
This was similar to the Piper's Pit last month featuring Hernandez, with the two trading insults. The difference here was Piper's new bodyguard, Adrian Adonis. The presence of Adonis gave Piper more confidence, as he stood his ground against Gino. Eventually, Gino lost his cool and struck Piper - Adonis became involved, and the 2 beat down Gino. (C+).

-Gary Hart cut a promo hyping Arturo Mendoza's upcoming match with Tiger Mask. Hart says he's aware of the stipulation Mendoza made (that if Mendoza lost, Tiger Mask would get 10 minutes alone in the ring with Hart). Hart says the stipulation was irrelevant, but noted that he didn't personally agree to it. He promises that Dallas will see Tiger Mask's ugly face tonight. (B-)

-Mask v. 10-Minutes Alone With Gary Hart
Tiger Mask defeated Arturo Mendoza in 10:37 by pinfall. (B+). The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, and after much hesitation, Gary Hart entered the ring, per stipulation. He tried to put up a fight early on, but Tiger Mask inflicted much high-impact offense to Hart over the majority of the 10 minutes. (B-)

-David Von Erich cut a promo hyping his upcoming World Title defense. He also stated that he knows Eaton and Ware are angry, but promises to do everything he can to make up for it, and to fully explain his actions on the TV show next week. (B+)

David Von Erich drew with Bob Backlund in 60:00 when the time limit expired (B-). David was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. The bout dragged in the middle. David makes his 15th defense of the World Title.

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-The main event was the first ever 60-minute draw in WCCW history. This wasn't the ideal pairing to do it with. David doesn't really have 60-minute endurance. But it seemed the right time for it, just because I really didn't want either guy to do the job in this spot.

-I'm pretty disappointing with the rating considering the top two matches scored higher than the C+.

-Iceman Parson's decisive win over Ted Dibaise was probably the end of Dibiase's run in WCCW.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #564
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Quote:

Especially if Hogan (or even Ventura) had stuck around...

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 AM   #565
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

(Apologies to the dozens of people who jumped for joy seeing this dynasty at the top of the list)

Molson - I hope everything is well and you're doing okay. This dynasty is sorely missed, and I hope you're able to continue at some point!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #566
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
(Apologies to the dozens of people who jumped for joy seeing this dynasty at the top of the list)

Molson - I hope everything is well and you're doing okay. This dynasty is sorely missed, and I hope you're able to continue at some point!

I appreciate the thoughts.

The dynasty's not dead, I'm just a little consumed with a work/personal issue that will soon involve a new job and perhaps a re-location.

But I hope to update a bunch on the long weekend.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #567
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-A ton of firings in the last day of July, as the wrestling industry seems to be in a bit of a decline. ("Wrestling Industry Ratings": USA: D+ and Falling, Canada: E and Falling, UK: E and Falling, Europe: C- and Rising, Mexico: B- and Falling, Japan: D+ and Falling). Some of the carnage:

-Fired by New Japan: Road Warrior Animal, Butch Reed, Steve Keirn, Bobby Eaton, Jake Roberts, Villano IV,
-Fired by Georgia: Gino Hernandez, Jerry Blackwell, Barry Windham, Dino Bravo, Steve Williams,
-Fired by UWA: Black Terry, Rey Mysterio, La Parka
-Fired by CMLL: El Dandy, Black Man

-Bobby Eaton and Bruno Samartino resume their monthly complaints - Eaton wants to be a main eventer, and Bruno doesn't want to wrestle so much. Bruno's in his last storyline as an active wrestler right now, and Eaton MAY get his wish in a sudden and surprise push, but nothing's definite.

-Buddy Roberts and Bob Backlund are exhausted after the last show. Surprisingly, no such complaints about David Von Erich, who was the other part (along with Backlund), in that 60-minute main event at July Star Wars.

-Ted Dibiase has re-injured himself in an AWA match with their TV champion, Rick Martel. Now that he's done with his feud with Iceman Parsons (and he lost decisively), I'm done with him - he'll be one of many talent cuts at the beginning of the month.

-All-Star Wrestling out of Vancouver is in danger of going out of business this month (August). I request negotiations for a potential buy-out, but that's mostly curiosity, as I don't have the money to burn at this point.

-TV networks are accepting applications for new TV shows today. I'm into my USA contract (which has been great), but to test the waters, I send out a bunch of requests for negotiations, including to Mexican TV stations. I'd love to have a second "B" show, though I'm not sure anyone's going to be interested right now.

-I've re-signed Tiger Mask at $2,000/show for 9 months, a slight raise from his old contract of $1,875/show. Tiger Mask has done surprisingly well in Texas, and a main event run is not out of the question.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #568
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF JULY, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 66.0% (Down From 66.2% last month)
-Midwest: 60.6% (Up from 59.8% last month)
-Southeast: 47.0% (up from 45.4% last month)
-Great Lakes: 42.0% (up from 40.4% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 42.0% (up from 40.4% last month)
-New England: 42.0% (up from 40.4% last month)
-North West: 42.0% (up from 40.4% last month)
-Tri-State: 42.0% (up from 40.4% last month)
-Southwest: 41.9% (up from 40.3% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (Same as last month)
-Northern Mexico: 30.7% (same as last month)

-We continue to grow into a national company - and our popularity in the midwest is gaining on our popularity in Texas.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 551,128 (486,051)
Sponsors: 76,588 (75,772)
Merchandise: 16,400 (18,000)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 325,650 (297,650)
Show Costs: 120,500 (113,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 25,232 (44,768)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 160,226 (147,210)

Total Profit: $-87,492 ($-123,225)
Cash in Bank: $491,436 (578,928)

-Another pretty bad month financially - we didn't lose quite as much as we did last month, but we're still on pace to bankrupt the company before the end of the year if things don't turn around.

-With the competition of July Star Wars (and a number of angles), it's time to make some cuts. WCCW simply can't afford the roster we currently have, in the current economic environment. While we still have some breathing room, I'm going to address the issues before the next show.

-I played around with merchandise last month, and while I spent way less money on it, I also made less (though the net loss is less than last month). I'm still trying to figure out how to actually make money with merchandise. I make a few tweaks to the "custom" settings this month, looking ahead to the climax of the Von Erichs/Freebirds feud. Every single wrestler shows "last month" sales to be "awful" - I don't know if that's just what I have to expect at our current size or what.

Medium Level:
-David Von Erich (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)
-Kerry Von Erich (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)
-Kevin Von Erich (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)
-Michael Hayes (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)
-Terry Gordy (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)
-Buddy Jack Roberts (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)

Low Level:
-Bobby Eaton (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Koko B. Ware (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Bruno Sammartino (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Gino Hernandez (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Iceman Parsons (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Roddy Piper (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Tiger Mask (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)

Very Low Level
-Bob Backlund (T-Shirts)
-Brian Adias (T-Shirts)
-Buddy Landell (T-Shirts)
-Mike Von Erich (T-Shirts)
-The Road Warriors (T-Shirts)
-The Great Kabuki (T-Shirts)
Old 02-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #569
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of JULY, 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 91.6% Prestige (Up from 89.1% Last Month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 15 Title Defenses, 3-month reign.

-Television Champion - 67.8% Prestige (up from 66.1% last month)
Midcard Title
Buddy Jack Roberts - 4 Title Defenses, 4-month reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 68.2% Prestige (Up from 66.8% Last Month)
Midcard Title
Michael Hayes & Buddy Jack Roberts - Newly Crowned.

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
The Freebirds - 2 title defenses, 3 1/2 month-reign

-Cruiserweight Championship - 32.4% Prestige (Up from 31.2% last month)
Low Level Title
Buddy Landell - 4 title defenses, 1 month reign.

-David has added a lot of prestige to the world title - he's had a very eventful 3-month reign.

-All the gold is in the hands of the Von Erichs or Freebirds (which sets up our main event at the next big monthly show).

-Buddy Jack Roberts is the first ever WCCW "Triple Threat Champion", as he owns three belts at once (TV Title, World Tag Team Title, Six-Man Tag Team Title).
Old 03-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #570
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF JULY, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask (Mendoza, King Kong Bundy, Tiger Mask, Great Kabuki; April)
2. Freebirds v. Von Erichs; evolved for the second time, (David, Kerry, Mike, Kevin, Fritz, Gordy, Hayes, Roberts; September)
3. Bruno's last run (Bruno, Piper; July)

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Gino Hernandez, Dick Murdoch, Bob Backlund, Ted Dibiase, Dick Murdoch, Koko B. Ware, Adrian Adonis, Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Sheepherders, Iceman Parsons, Frank Dusek, Buddy Landell, Randy Savage, Brian Adias)

-Interesting that the Mendoza/Tiger Mask feud has actually surpassed Von Erichs v. Freebirds. I guess that's based on the ridiculous match ratings that that feud has generated. Great exposure and experience for the young King Kong Bundy, as a supporting player in that feud.

-A lot of feuds ended last month. Iceman Parsons' push continued as he decisively won the blow-off match with Ted Dibiase at June Star Wars. The Koko/Eaton v. Sheepherders feud is over after David's still-unexplained interference costs Koko and Eaton the titles. Nitika Koloff's monster push angle ends because I cut loose Tommy Rodgers, who was a part of that feud (though this won't be the end of Koloff's slow rise through the roster). The Sheepherders will move on for a feud with the Road Warriors, which was hinted at towards the end of last month. I don't have anything lined up for Eaton/Ware, though they're a little pissed with David right now, and may pop up in the Freebirds/Von Erichs stuff. Dibiase will be let go before our next show. Parsons will have a generic 80s style feud with someone in the midcard, I haven't decided who.

-As for other stuff on the horizon, Bruno's in his "last run" storyline which will also feature Roddy Piper. Which means that Gino/Piper fued will have to wait until after that. Bob Backlund continues to be the biggest talent in the shadow of the Von Erich/Freebird feud, though I've worked to keep his character relevant, booking him strong and pushing him ever-close to a face turn.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in August, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (4th Monday)
-Michael Hayes (4th Monday)

-Same two conflicts as last month, as WWF remains the only promotion in the world more prestigious than us.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

-Al Perez
-Arturo Mendoza
-Brian Adias
-Buddy Landell
-Bronco Lubich
-Bruno Sammartino
-Buddy Landell
-David Manning
-Dick Murdoch
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Doug Sommers
-Frank Dusek
-Fritz Von Erich
-Gino Hernandez
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Lance Russell
-Lord Alfred Hayes
-Marc Lowerence
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Super Kendo
-Terry Gordy
-The Great Kabuki
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Adrian Adonis is very unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows.
-Bobby Eaton is unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows. He also thinks he should be pushed as a main eventer.
-Bruno Sammartino is furious about how he has been pushed.
-Dick Murdoch is extremely unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows.
-Fritz Von Erich is furious about how often he has not been used on shows.
-Kerry Von Erich is very unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows.
-Kevin Von Erich is extremely unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows.
-The Road Warriors are unhappy about how often they have not been used on shows.
-Roddy Piper is unhappy about how often he has not been used on shows.

Wow, this is the pissiest locker room I've ever had. Hopefully my spring cleaning will make some more time for those that remain.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-New category - these are guys who aren't necessarily at the level of complaining, but they have let me know they think they should be pushed better. (This list doesn't include Eaton and Samartino, who's issues with their pushes has risen to the level of complaints.)

-Buddy Roberts thinks he should be a main eventer
-Doug Somers thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Koko B. Ware thinks he should be main eventer
-Luke Williams thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Mike Von Erich thinks he should be a midcarder
-Randy Savage thinks he should be a midcarder
-Road Warrior thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Tiger Mask thinks he should be a main eventer
-Villano V thinks he should be a lower midcarder

Last edited by molson : 03-01-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #571
molson
General Manager

MOMENTUM, END OF JULY, 1984

Current Momentum Rankings:

A:
Dick Murdoch
B
Buddy Jack Roberts
David Von Erich
B-
Michael Hayes
Gino Hernandez
Bob Backlund
C+
Buddy Landell
Tiger Mask
Bobby Eaton
King Kong Bundy
Iceman Parsons
Nikita Koloff
Adrian Adonis
Roddy Piper
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Koko B. Ware
Terry Gordy
C
Arman Hussein
Luke Williams
Skandor Akbar
Ted Dibiase
Bruno Sammartino
Butch Williams
The Road Warriors
Arturo Mendoza
C-
Brian Adias
Gary Hart
Boris Malenko
The Great Kabuki
D+
Frank Dusek
Villano V
D
Jose Lothario
Doug Somers
Randy Savage
Mike Von Erich
D-
Lance Russel
Lord Alfred Hayes
E
Bronco Lubich
Al Perez
E-
Super Kendo
Fritz Von Erich
F+
Owen Hart
F
Villano IV
Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #572
molson
General Manager

Before I do the end-of-July roster recap, I decide to finally make the long-rumored cuts. We've definitely been in a huge financial slump, and I think we can still put on strong shows after cutting back on the roster.

So the following workers get their pinks slips today:

-Ted Dibiase
-Arman Hussein
-Gino Hernandez
-Super Kendo
-Buddy Landell
-Randy Savage

I thought there might be more cuts, but it's always so agonizing, I'm glad I was able to pull the trigger on these guys. All of these guys will be officially out around Wednesday, so they are available at the Monday night house show to do jobs. Dibiase and Hussein are obviously no surprise. Dibiase has been injury-porn, and he just makes too much money for his limited role in the company right now. Same with Gino Hernandez. He was pretty awesome as an occasional attraction, but he's unreliable, and good drop dead at any time. There isn't room for many highly-paid non Von Erichs/Freebirds in our current financial shape. I'm sure I'll bring him back somewhere down the line. It was fun to build up Randy Savage in Texas, but at $2,150/show, he doesn't make any sense for us right now. Again, I'd like to bring him back down the road. Buddy Landell is probably the biggest surprise, since he's currently a Freebird, but at $1,575/show, and his injury issues, he's expendable. In the storylines, he also has a current ultimatum with the Freebirds - lose the Cruiserweight Title, and you're out. So there's a pretty good chance (actually guaranteed) that he'll lose that belt on Monday.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #573
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF JULY 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Gordy
Bob Backlund
Michael Hayes
David Von Erich
Roddy Piper

-Same group as last time except Gino Hernandez is out of WCCW.
-It's pretty amazing that after being so sure, for months, that Piper was going to be on the way out, he managed to survive our spring cleaning, and I now actually plan on keeping him around long-term.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Buddy Roberts
Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Bobby Eaton
Dick Murdoch
Iceman Parsons

-Ted Dibiase is out of the company, Kevin gets bumped down to the midcard.
-Iceman Parsons, coming of his huge victory over Dibiase, gets promoted to the upper midcard. I'm not sure he deserves to be there on his merits quite yet, but this dynasty will have a bias towards "real-life" WCCW guys.
-Koko and Eaton are kind of a crossroads - they both think they have main event talent, and they just lost the tag belts. Will they split up?
-Murdoch will stay out of the storyline scene for now, and will just kick everyone's ass before a big-time feud opens up.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Road Warriors
The Sheepherders
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki
Kevin Von Erich

-Kevin moves down here, I'm just trying to make the upper-midcard a little more "elite", and the midcard bigger.
-Ricky Morton out of the group since last month, as I didn't re-new his contract.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich
Doug Somers

-Same group as last month minus Buddy Landell, who has been let go, and plus Doug Somers, who benefits from Landell's departure (because my minimum recommended number of lower midarcers is 4)

OPENERS

Al Perez
Villano V
Villano IV

-Doug Somers moves up from this group from the lower midcard, and Super Kendo is out of the company. That should provide more experience to these three heels (and one or more of them will probably have to turn face)

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Boris Malenko
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley

CONTRACTS UP IN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

-Skandor Akbar (9 Days)
-Terry Gordy (11 Days)
-Frank Dusek (32 Days)
-Marc Lowerence (32 Days)
-Brian Adias (32 Days)
-Boris Malenko (32 Days)
-Iceman Parsons (33 Days)
-Gary Hart (33 Days)
-Buddy Roberts (40 Days)
-Mike Von Erich (48 Days)
-Kerry Von Erich (55 Days)
-King Kong Bundy (56 Days)
-Michael Hayes (56 Days)

-I've already requested negotiations with Gordy and Akbar. Gordy is a notoriously tough guy to negotiate with - if he won't re-sign, that puts our Freebird/Von Erich climax at the end of the month in serious disarray. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but Gordy has a ton of leverage and will be looking for big money.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #574
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, August 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,504 Ticket prices: +$1 Over Default

-I forgot to advertise matches for tonight's show. Not sure if that will have any negative effect. It's just as well, as a lot of the matches are based on cuts that I made recently, as several stars will job their way out of WCCW.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Gary Hart cuts a promo with his client, Frank Dusek, hyping his upcoming match with Jose Lothario. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek drew with Jose Lothario in 10:00 when the time limit expired (C+)
After the match, Jose Lothario cut a promo, saying he'd love to have another shot with Dusek with a longer time limit (C-)

-Doug Somers defeated Bruno Samartino in 11:41 by pinfall. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Somers about his stunning upset over the legend (D)

-Piper's Pit with guest: The Freebirds.
The Freebirds cut a long, rambling, obnoxious promo covering a number of topics, including: bragging about Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts winning the tag titles at July Star Wars (which made Buddy Roberts a triple threat champion), hyping Buddy Landell's title defense against Mike Von Erich tonight, and declaring the Von Erichs dead and buried as a relevant part of WCCW. (B-)

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mike Von Erich about his upcoming title shot against Buddy Landell. Mike notes that even though he came up short at July Star Wars in his bid regain the Cruiserweight championship, he's feeling healthier and closer to 100% tonight, and he thinks he's going to pull of the win. He also notes biggest obstacle in his way - the fact that all the Freebirds are in the arena tonight, but none of Mike's brother's are. (C-)

Mike Von Erich defeated Buddy Landell in 5:56 by submission after botched interference by all 3 Freebirds to regain the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Mike celebrated in the ring with the belt (C-). After Mike departed, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, and Buddy Roberts surrounded Buddy Landell in the ring, berating him for the lost. Landell tried to apologize, but the rest of the Freebirds eventually beat him down. (C+). Landell performed poorly in this segment.

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat the Villanos in 11:53 when Eaton pinned Villano IV. (C+) Eaton & Koko were clearly in a bad mood after losing the tag titles at July Star Wars, and displayed an enhanced aggressiveness. Koko B. Ware's performance stood out. After the match, Koko B. Ware cut an angry promo directed at David Von Erich, demanding an explanation as to why he cost them the tag team titles. Ware noted that regardless of whether David gives an explanation or not, he'll have to deal with them soon - and it might not be pretty. (B-)

-Roddy Piper defeated Gino Hernandez in 27:20 by submission after interference from Adrian Adonis. (B+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, on his way back to the locker room, Piper cut a delirious, celebratory promo about his win (B).

OVERALL SHOW RATING: C+

THOUGHTS:

-I thought I might have reached a B- show with that main event, but oh well.

-Sammartino's losing streak (and final wrestling angle) continue with a shocking defeat to Doug Somers. One angle we haven't gotten to see too often in wrestling is the old, former star who doesn't quite have it any more, so that's what we're doing here (even though Bruno's pretty pissed off about it).

-With all the odds against him, Mike sends Buddy Landell out of WCCW, and regains the Cruiserweight Title. Probably the biggest moment of Mike's career to this point, and it wasn't even on TV. This is another thing I wish real wrestling did a little bit more often, the element of randomness. Mike loses to Landell on the hugely built-up July Star Wars card, only to beat him for the title 2 nights later as a small house show in Dallas.

-Koko and Eaton show some edge tonight, as they now seek out some type of confrontation with David for inexplicably costing them the tag team titles.

-My decision to cut loose Gino feels a little better now that I see he has poor chemistry with the guy he was to feud with, Roddy Piper.

Last edited by molson : 03-09-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #575
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts and Bobby Eaton are exhausted after the last show. Roberts didn't even wrestle, and Eaton was in a pretty short match, so their exhaustion is based on their other commitments.

-Brian Adias arrived late to our last show. We're short on lower-card faces at the moment, so he only gets a fine.

-Ric Flair has rejected negotiations with me, saying he's too big for our company. So basically, he's gotten so popular that it's WWF or nobody. Maybe he's doing movies in hollywood or something. Eventually, if he stays out of the business, his popularity will dip to where he's on the market again (just like what happened with Dick Murdoch).

-I have talks to buy-out ASW in Vancouver, which is on it's last legs. I offer as high as $200k, which is hugely risky given my financial status, and that's not enough, so I pass.

-Negotiations with Gordy were tense, and it took a few days to get a deal, but we did finally agree to $2,200/show for 3 more months, a raise from his old deal of $1,975/show

-I re-sign Skandor Akbar for 9 more months at $1,325/show, a pretty big raise from his old $975/show contract. Destruction, Inc. has seen better days, and currently only includes Akbar and The Sheepherders.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #576
PilotMan
Head Coach

YEA!!!!!

Like Steam?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #577
molson
General Manager

Quote:
YEA!!!!!

It was nice to see a lot of the regular readers pop up in the "viewing thread" area so soon after I updated.

Still a lot of (good) chaos in my life right now, but I forgot what a good escape this dynasty is. I think I'll be back to regular updates over the next few weeks.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #578
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 1, August 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano IV defeated Owen Hart in 6:59 by pinfall. (D). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Bob Backlund about his match later on tonight against Iceman Parsons. (B-)

-As the show starts, a video is played highlighting Mike Von Erich's winning of the Cruiserweight Championship earlier in the week. The announcers also recap the results of July Star Wars, and note that there is currently a gigantic steel cage above ringside - they have no idea why. (C).

-Bruno Sammartino cut a promo hyping his upcoming match against Dick Murdoch. (C)

-Dick Murdoch defeated Bruno Sammartino in 15:41 by pinfall. (B-). After the match, Murdoch cut a promo about his win (C+)

-World Champion David Von Erich comes to the ring. He brings up his actions that resulted in Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton losing the World Tag Team Titles. He talks about this being a dark time in WCCW history - with the Freebirds running the show. He said he's told the fans that he's been in "negotiations" with the Freebirds, and that now, finally, a deal has been struck. The deal, David said, required him to do some things he never wanted to do, like help the Freebirds become the #1 contenders for the world tag titles, and later, help them win them. In exchange, says David, he got two things. First, Kevin has been reinstated, effective immediately. Second, he says the war with the Freebirds will end in a few weeks, at WCCW Cage Clash. David then references the cage above his head - it's a gigantic structure, big enough to cover the entire ringside area. He says at this moment, due in part to his actions, all the gold in WCCW is controlled by either the Freebirds or the Von Erichs. The one belt, however, that the Freebirds have never been able to obtain is the World Heavyweight Title. So at Cage Clash, all the belts in WCCW will be on the line in a single match, 4 v. 4, inside the steel cage. 4 Von Erichs v. 4 Freebirds (David notes that after dispatching of Buddy Landell last night, the Freebirds will have to find a new 4th partner). But the belts aren't the only thing that will be on the line. The winners own all the belts, the losers are gone from WCCW. (B-)

-Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware's music hits and the approach the ring. They look angry and approach David aggressively. Koko B. Ware says he can respect David looking out for his family, but he still screwed over him and Eaton. David said that he's right, but he's going to try to make it good. David yells to the back for the cage to be lowered, which it is, and then he pulls out two contracts from his pocket. David says Eaton and Ware have two choices. They can take him out right now, inside the cage, where nobody could help him. Or, they can accept David's apology, which come in the form of two WCCW board-of-director sanctioned guaranteed main event World Title Shots at the next two big monthly events. Bobby Eaton would get a World Title Shot in the main event of Labor Day Star Wars, again whoever the champion is at the time. And Koko B. Ware would get a main event title shot at the Texas Rumble in October, against whoever the champion is at the time (even if it's Eaton). Eaton and Ware are seen discussing their options until they accept the contracts, and leave the ring (still unhappy) (C).

-Brian Adias, The Great Kabuki, and Tiger Mask hype their upcoming Six-Man Tag Elimination Match with Gary Hart's clients: Frank Dusek, King Kong Bundy, and Arturo Mendoza. Adias points out that like Kabuki, he's a former client of Gary Hart, and he knows what kind of evil the man represents. The three they they're hoping for a clean sweep tonight in the match. (C+)

-Six-Man Tag Team Match: Elimination Rules
-Tiger Mask, The Great Kabuki, and Brian Adias defeat King Kong Bundy, Arturo Mendoza, and Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) in 9:52. Frank Dusek was first eliminated by Tiger Mask. Then King Kong Bundy was DQ'd. Brian Adias was then pinned by Arturo Mendoza, who also managed to pin The Great Kabuki with the help of interference from Gary Hart. Then however, an exhausted Mendoza was pinned by Tiger Mask, the sole survivor. (B-). As Tiger Mask celebrated in the ring, Brian Adias returned and struck him in the back with a chair (while being cheered on by Gary Hart). Adias turns heel once again. (C+). As Adias heads back to the locker room area, Lord Alfred Hayes catches up with him, asking him why he struck Tiger Mask. Adias says his career hasn't gone right since Gary Hart left him as a manager, and he now finds the support of the fans utterly worthless. He begs Gary Hart to bring him back. (D+)

-Iceman Parsons cuts a promo hyping his upcoming match with Bob Backlund. (B)

-Bob Backlund defeats Iceman Parsons in 9:48 by pinfall in a competitive match (B+). Backlund looked good.

-Buddy Roberts comes to the ring and cuts a promo. He said he never thought David was stupid enough to go through with it, but he did, and now he promises that Cage Clash will be the last night of the Von Erichs in WCCW. He claims that the Freebirds already have the 4th partner lined up - he tells the Von Erichs not to be surprised if it's a certain wayward member of their own family. The announcers are stunned - is he talking about Kerry? Buddy says that tonight, in his first appearance on television as a triple threat champion, he's celebrated the occasion to sign an open contract to the defend the title in tonight's main event. Suddenly, the cage begins to lower, much to Buddy's surprise. (C+). Then, Buddy's apparent challenger appears - Kevin Von Erich, making his first appearance since he was suspended for brutalizing Terry Gordy. Kevin storms the ring and enters the cage.

-WCCW Television Championship Match
-Steel Cage - Classic Rules (Pinfall or Submission)
Buddy Jack Roberts drew with Kevin Von Erich in 10:00 when the time limit expired to make his 5th defense of the TV title. Roberts was able to withstand a 10 minute beating from an angry Kevin to hold on the belt. (B) Kevin dominated Buddy for several more minutes after the show ended.

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-Obviously a lot going on this show, and a solid rating to show for it.

-So David sets up what is essentially a War Games match, belts and WCCW careers on the line. (I imagine the losers won't be gone forever though, as this is pro wrestling). The losers will probably show up in a few months to help take-off a new company brand: WCCW Mexico or something. Buddy Roberts is already teasing that Kerry Von Erich will return from his long absence to actually take their side, which will be the big mystery leading up to the event. Koko and Eaton, who so badly want to be main eventers, will get their chance in September and October.

-Brian Adias turns heel again, and very cowardly begs to be taken back by Gart Hart, who fired him just a couple of months ago after losing in the Cruiserweight Title Tournament Semi-Finals. That's a chicken shit heel move. The only reason I did that here was because it was a stage in the Mendoza/Tiger Mask feud that I had forgotten about. But anyway, it kind of fits into the character of Adias, who had only "turned" face because he was forced to.

-Iceman Parsons comes off his feud against Dibiase and loses a tough-fought match with Bob Backlund. This was only the second match of the dynasty where Parsons has reached a B+.

-Kevin returns (at least for now), and beats up Buddy Roberts for 10 minutes inside the Wargames cage. Only problem is, to win the TV title, you have to do it in 10 minutes, and Roberts is a tough guy to put down that quickly.

Last edited by molson : 03-03-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #579
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bob Backlund was exhausted after the last show.

-Brian Adias shows up late for the second consecutive week. I suspend him for a week, so his new heel run will have to wait until that's over.

-The TV show gets a 2.31 rating. That's down from 2.39 last week, but still our 2nd highest rating ever.

-Jerry Lawler won the WWF Intercontinental Championship, defeating Pedro Morales.

-Manny Fernandez won the GCW Cadillac Cup tournament. Tommy Rich had won it last year.

-All of the TV networks I requested negotiations with have rejected me, basically saying that I already have a show. I guess I need to be National Status before I can get a 2nd show.

Last edited by molson : 03-09-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #580
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, August 1984
Miami, FL (Southeast Region - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,195 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russell interviews Fritz Von Erich, who comes to the ringside area for an interview. Fritz says he's pleased about WCCW's growing popularity in the Southeast. He also hypes the upcoming 4 v. 4 Wargames match at the end of the month between the Freebirds and the Von Erichs, but refuses to comment on the rumors that Kerry may side with the Freebirds. He says that one way or another, WCCW will start with a clean slate in just a few weeks, and he expects that this clean slate will involve his family back at the forefront of WCCW. (D+). Buddy Roberts comes to the ring and interrupts the interview. Roberts says that there will in fact be a clean slate for WCCW in a few weeks, but it's because the company will finally be rid of the Von Erichs. He then corrects himself and says that actually, there will still be one Von Erich around. Roberts than claims that while the Von Erichs haven't seen Kerry for months, Roberts met with him in Miami early that afternoon to talk business. Fritz eventually loses his temper and punches Roberts, sparking a pull-apart brawl. (C-) Roberts' performance stood out.

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Owen Hart about his upcoming match with Villano V. (F+). Before the match starts, Gary Hart wanders down to ringside - it appears he's scouting Villano V. (C+)

-Villano V defeats Owen Hart in 6:35 by pinfall. (D+).

-The Road Warriors defeat Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) & Doug Somers in 7:39 when Animal pinned Dusek. (C). The Road Warriors looked good. After the match, The Road Warriors cut a promo hyping themselves. (C).

-Lance Russell interviews Mike Von Erich about his upcoming match about Buddy Roberts. He also hypes the Wargames match. (C-)

-Buddy Roberts defeat Mike Von Erich in 7:44 by pinfall. (C+). Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. Roberts, who had won the match with a piledriver, setup Mike for another piledriver after the match was over. Suddenly however, Kerry Von Erich runs to the ring in street clothes, running Roberts off. Roberts smiles and heads to the back. This is Kerry's first appearance since his brawl with Kevin at the Last Man Standing show more than 5 months ago. His appearance here in Miami gives some support to Roberts' claims that he was talking business with Kerry earlier in the day. (C-). When Mike comes to, he sees Kerry and is shocked. An argument quickly develops between the two, with Mike looking annoyed, and then leaving the ring. (D-) Kerry slowly starts to head back to the locker room himself, when he is approached by Lord Alfred Hayes for an interview. Kerry says he wants to apologize to the fans for being away, and for everything that's gone on. Hayes tries to ask Kerry about the rumors he met with Roberts today, but Kerry says he doesn't want to talk about that. (C-)

-Bobby Eaton defeated Villano IV in 11:11 by pinfall. (D-). The two showed poor chemistry. During the match, Gary Hart had approached ringside again, apparently in an effort to scout Villano IV. (C). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Eaton, who says he's looking forward to his World Title shot, and says the fans will be seeing he and Koko wrestle more singles matches in the next few weeks. (B-)

-Lance Russell interviews Adrian Adonis about his upcoming match with Bruno Samartino, who Adonis notes has been on a losing streak of late. (C-)

-Adrian Adonis defeats Bruno Sammartino in 21:38 by submission. (C+).

Overall Show Rating: C-

THOUGHTS:

-A C- rating in the Southeast is fine, and will increase our popularity there.

-Since it was a smaller gate here, I tried to hold back some on the big stars. Still, there were some interesting things going down.

-I have some things planned for the Southeast for the future, so it's important to continue to build it up as my #2 regions, and try to increase the regional popularity of guys like the Von Erichs and The Road Warriors.

-Kerry makes his shocking return in a non-tv event. Roberts says he'll be wrestling with the Freebirds at War Games, and the Von Erichs don't know what to think - they haven't talked to Kerry in months, though he did appear to save Mike here.

-Gary Hart was scouting both Villanos tonight, mostly because I needed more angles to fill up the show. The Villanos aren't ready for any kind of real push, though they can have good matches against the right competition.

Last edited by molson : 03-10-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #581
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Roddy Piper won the AGWP International Heavyweight Championship, which is the top title in the Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling Promotion, based in New Brunswick. Piper ends Leo Burke's year-long reign with the title.

Last edited by molson : 03-09-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #582
molson
General Manager

I have 4 new invites on pwtorrents.com, so if anyone's interested or missed out last time, send me a pm. It's the best wrestling torrent site on the net and and you get anything there, including PPVs a few hours after they air, and lots of old school and indy stuff.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #583
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 2, August 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russel interviews Mike Von Erich about his upcoming Dark Match with Frank Dusek. Mike hypes the match, but refuses to comment on the ongoing situation with his brother Kerry. (D+). Gary Hart then comes to the ring with Frank Dusek, and then hypes his client and the match. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) defeats Mike Von Erich in 5:33 by pinfall. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russell conducts a series of interviews with participants in tonight's show. He first interviews Doug Somers, who is scheduled to face off with with Kerry Von Erich, in Kerry's return to WCCW after a nearly 6-month absence. Somers says Kerry is surely rusty and distracted, and he better not look past him. Somers notes that he pinned Bruno Sammartino last week, and he's a rising star in the company. (C-) Lance Russell then interviews Owen Hart and Jose Lothario, who are teaming up tonight to take on The Sheepherders. (D+). Finally, Lance Russell interviews Fritz Von Erich, who makes his return to TV. (D+). Fritz says it's a highly stressful time for his family, but he's hopeful that in a few weeks, the fans in Dallas and across the country will get what they deserve - a new start from the great wrestling promotion of WCCW. (D+).

-As the show starts, the announcers introduce video highlights of the shocking events that took place in Miami earlier this week - Buddy Roberts claiming that Kerry Von Erich would wrestle on the side of the Freebirds at Cage Clash, and then, Kerry's stunning return to WCCW, running off Buddy Roberts in an apparent save of his brother Mike. The highlight video includes Kerry's reluctant "interview" with Lord Alfred Hayes after his run-in. The announcers then note that Kerry is in the arena tonight, and will actually wrestle, in a 1-on-1 match with Doug Somers. Lord Alfred Hayes promises to try to get the scoop on this volatile situation. The announcers also fill in the fans on more of the details on the Von Erich v. Freebird 4 v. 4 Cage Match at the end of the Month: (C).

-4 V. 4
-Steel Cage Match (The cage covers the entire ringside area)
-The match starts with 2 men in the ring. Every 5 minutes, another man enters the match, alternating by team, by luck of the draw.
-A participant can be eliminated at any time by pinfall or submission.
-The match continues until all 4 men from a team have been eliminated.
-The entire losing team is gone from WCCW.
-All titles are on the line. Whoever pins any singles champion wins that title (if they qualify for the belt's weight limit - if they don't, the belt is vacated).
-If the tag team or six-man tag team champions are completely eliminated, they lose the belts to the participants who eliminated them.

-Next, the announcers hype tonight's main event: David & Kevin Von Erich v. Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes. (B-)

-Lord Alfred is backstage with a camera, trying to find Kerry Von Erich for a "scoop". Instead, he comes across Jose Lothario trying to psyche up a dejected Bruno Sammartino, who has a match scheduled tonight with Roddy Piper. Sammartino is reflecting on his recent losing streak, and wonders if it's time to get out of the business. (C-)

-The Road Warriors defeat The Villanos in 6:19 when Animal pinned Villano V. (C). After the match, The Road Warriors cut a promo, hyping themselves at the most dominant tag team force in professional wrestling today. (C-)

-Kerry Von Erich defeats Doug Somers in 8:21 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Mike Von Erich comes to the ring, and soon an argument breaks out between Kerry and Mike, just as it did in Miami earlier this week (C-). Mike leaves the ring, and Lord Alfred Hayes confronts Kerry for another interview, though Kerry is reluctant as he was in Miami. Kerry again apologizes to the fans, says there's been "a lot going on", and ignores most of Hayes' questions as he makes his way to the back. (C-)

-The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Owen Hart & Jose Lothario in 2:47 when Miller pinned Hart. (C). Jose Lothario seemed off his game, while the performance of Butch Miller stood out. After the match, Akbar cuts a promo in the ring hyping the Sheepherders, and noting that while the Road Warriors consider themselves the most "dominant tag team in pro wrestling", The Sheepherders actually defeated their opponents in less than half the time it took The Road Warriors to. (C+).

-Roddy Piper cuts a backstage promo hyping his upcoming match with Bruno Sammartino, calling his opponent a "has been", and noting his recent losing streak. (B-). Piper also offers an open invitation to Kerry Von Erich to be his special guest on Piper's Pit next week. Piper says he knows Kerry has a lot on his mind, and has a big decision to make, and he says that Piper's Pit is the proper forum to finally spill the beans. (B).

-Roddy Piper defeats Bruno Sammartino in 11:57 by submission. (C+). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed a dejected Sammartino, who said that he just doesn't think he has it anymore. (C).

-David & Kevin Von Erich hype their main event tag team match with Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy. The Von Erichs say this is a huge night for them - it's the first time Von Erich brothers have teamed together in a match for many months. They say they still haven't talked to Kerry, but that they believe in their hearts that he'll be on their side at Cage Clash. (B).

-David & Kevin Von Erich defeat Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes in 24:50 when David pinned Hayes after a wild, overbooked brawl that involved Mike and Buddy Roberts (but not Kerry). (B). After the match, David, Kevin, and Mike celebrated the emotional victory. (C+).

THOUGHTS

-Sometimes a strong main event is all you need. I'm very happy with the B- rating, considering I only had one match that surpassed that rating.

-The Road Warriors/Sheepherders feud continued it's very slow burn tonight. This is a long-term feud that will hopefully be the start of a revitalized tag team division in WCCW.

-Kerry show up and wrestles, then acts all weird. This drama will go right up until the Cage Clash in a few weeks.

Last edited by molson : 03-10-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #584
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV show gets a 2.33 rating. That's the second highest all-time rating for us, trailing only our show 2 weeks ago. We're on a roll on TBS.

-Even though I fired a bunch of guys last week, I'm still always on the lookout for affordable new talent. I requested negotiations with a personal favorite, Curt Hennig, who's willing to come in at $1,675/show over 9 months. I make the deal, with a eye towards WCCW post-the Freebird/Von Erich war. Hennig is a little further along than I thought he was at this point. He's 26 years old, rated A+ in resilience, A in consistency, B+ in Stamina, B in Athleticism, Basics, and Safety, and B- in Mat Wrestling and Chain Wrestling. He's a huge star in the making, and is currently completely unemployed, after recently severing ties with the AWA.

-Buddy Roberts arrived late to the last show. He's a huge star for us, and I'm all about preferential treatment, so he's only given a fine.

-Pacific Northwest Wrestling has risen to cult status. That's pretty impressive, considering the current state of the wrestling economy. They join 5 other North American promotions that have reached that status: us, WWF, Mid-Atlantic, Georgia, and the AWA.

-Old friend Magic Dragon finally lost the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (which is a low-level title in that promotion) to Angelo Mosca Jr, after a 3 1/2 month reign.

-Dick Murdoch, who was unemployed for so long until we brought him in, has now also signed with Geogia Championship Wrestling. Which works fine for us, he'll increase his popularity in the southeast, which is great for us long-term.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #585
molson
General Manager

I still have 2 pwtorrents invites if anyone's interested. First 2 to pm me gets them.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #586
molson
General Manager

If you sent a pm, your invite info is on the way. All invites have now been spoken for.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #587
molson
General Manager

RIP Gary Hart, who died this weekend.

There will be some updates this week but things will still be slow for a while - I'm quitting a job and starting a new one over the next month, both of which will involve a ton of work

Last edited by molson : 03-17-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #588
Tellistto
College Prospect

RIP Gary Hart.

I'll still be reading along, molson, whenver you get the time to play and post. This is a great dynasty, and I'll read so long as you write. Keep up the great work, is fun reading what could have been.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #589
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, August 1984
Chicago, IL (Midwest Region - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,985 Ticket prices: Default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias (w/Gary Hart) defeats Al Perez in 7:14 by pinfall. (D-) Al Perez was exhausted by the end of the match. After the match, Gary Hart comes to the ring and orders Adias to continue the assault on Perez. Adias complies. (This marks an official face turn for Perez) (D-). Lance Russell approaches Hart to interview him after the match - he asks Hart if Adias is now once again his client, after Adias attacked his teammate Tiger Mask a few weeks ago. Hart claims that no, he hasn't brought back Adias as a full-time client yet, but he's going to give him an opportunity to earn back Hart's respect, after Hart fired him a few months ago. (D+).

-As the show starts, Lance Russell interviews Fritz Von Erich, who puts over the fans in Chicago, and the Wargames match at Cage Clash. Russell asks Fritz if there's any news on Kerry about his loyalties, and Fritz says that he still hasn't heard from Kerry. Fritz says the expects Kerry to wrestle with his family at Cage Clash, but the the Von Erichs, as always, have to be prepared for anything. (D)

-King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeats Owen Hart in 7:22 by pinfall. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Hart again shows his vicious side by ordering Bundy to attack Owen after the match. This time, Gary Hart actually gets in on the action with a few kicks as well. (E+). Hart grabs a mic, and puts over Bundy as an unstoppable force. He says that Bundy, as well as the rest of Hart's clients, plan on going after whoever emerges from Cage Clash with the World Title. (C-)

-Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts come to the ring and cut a long promo hyping their World Tag Team Title defense against Mike & Kevin Von Erich. They say while all the belts will be on the line at Cage Clash, they're looking to go into that event with momentum, and plan on dominating the Von Erichs tonight. (C).

Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts drew with Mike & Kevin Von Erich in 13:42 following a Double DQ after the referee lost control of the match. (C). Hayes & Roberts make their 1st defense of the Tag Team Titles. After the match, the 4 brawled around the ringside area for several more minutes, with neither team gaining a clear advantage. (D+)

-David Von Erich comes to the ring and cuts an emotional promo hyping his World Title defense tonight against Terry Gordy, as well as the "match of his life", coming up at Cage Clash. (B-)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Terry Gordy in 40:50 by DQ after interference from Michael Hayes. David makes his 16th defense of the World Title. (B).

-Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS

-We didn't bring much of our roster with us to Chicago, in a continuing effort to be more responsible financially. When we leave the State of Texas, we really need to bring less guys to compensate for the smaller gates. Good (and long) main events like this one should allow us to continue to grow in these areas.

-Al Perez turned face only because we were a little unbalanced in the bottom of the roster, with two many heels. Gary Hart showed up as Brian Adias' manager after Adias turned on Tiger Mask a few weeks ago, but I had forgotten that Adias and Hart have zero chemistry together. Poor Adias is probably going to be dumped by Hart for the second time this year before long.

-My creative team says Hayes "desperately needs a character change". So I tweak his character to "Fabulous One", which isn't a huge tweak, but adds a somewhat humorous context to Hayes' arrogance. It's also a gimmick he can use as a face (which is important if I turn him anytime soon, because gimmicks can't be changed too often without a negative impact).
Old 03-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #590
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts and Road Warrior Hawk arrived late to the last show. Both are fined. I don't remember Animal ever being late, and Roberts takes such a beating from the schedule I give him, he's allowed some leeway.

-I set Curt Hennig as a lower midcard face, even though both he and my booking team thinks he should be pushed as a main eventer right now. I don't quite see that in his stats, but he'll move up the ladder quickly.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #591
PilotMan
Head Coach

{cough} WHupdate! {/cough}

Like Steam?

Old 04-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #592
molson
General Manager

Quote:
{cough} WHupdate! {/cough}

Thanks for bumping - it'll be back this weekend.

There's been lots of crazy (good) stuff going on in my life lately, but I'm close to settling down and tearing into this thing again.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #593
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 3, August 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Gary Hart hyped Frank Dusek's upcoming match with Jose Lothario. Hart noted that 2 weeks ago, Dusek and Lothario wrestled to a 10-minute draw. Hart says that tonight, Dusek will take care of business more quickly. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Jose Lothario about his upcoming match with Dusek. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) drew with Jose Lothario in 10:00 when the time limit expired (C+)

-As the show starts, Lance Russell hypes the fact that tonight, Kerry Von Erich is booked to be a guest on Piper's pit. Russell speculates whether we'll get any insight about what team Kerry will be on at the Wargames match at Cage Clash next week. (C+)

-The announcers also hype tonight's main event - the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship will be on the line as the Freebirds defend against David, Mike, and Kevin Von Erich. (B-)

-Lance Russell also notes that we haven't heard anything about next week's Cage Clash event except for the historic Wargames main event. But Russell says that he can now announce that Cage Clash will also include an 8-man, single-elimination tournament to determine the new #1 contender to the World Title. He says that the board of directors is currently watching videotape, and going over results of the last several months of action in WCCW, in an effort to determine which 8 WCCW wrestlers to invite the tournament. The full bracket will be announced next week (giving many wrestlers another chance or two to impress the board). Russell notes that since the board of directors has a clear allegiance to the Freebirds, he expects that "Freebird associates" Gary Hart and Skandor Akbar will be well represented in the tournament. (E+)

-Finally, Lance Russell notes that in light of the hard-fought battle between Iceman Parsons and Bob Backlund 2 weeks ago, Iceman Parsons has challenged Bob Backlund to a best-of-three series. Russell notes that Parsons had been on a roll as of late before his loss to Backlund, and feels like he's ready to step up to the next level in WCCW. Highlights of the last Backlund/Parsons match are shown as Russell talks. (C+)

-As Russell is hyping the Backlund/Parsons match, he is interpreted by the Freebird music. The Freebirds make a long entrance to the ring, and then finally cut a long promo hyping the Wargames match, and stating that "we are all on the eve of destiny". The Freebirds promise a new WCCW, rid of (most) of the Von Erichs. Michael Hayes then states, in no uncertain terms, that Kerry Von Erich will be on the side of the Freebirds at Cage Clash (B)

-Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart & Brian Adias) defeats Owen Hart in 7:42 (C). Mendoza looked good.

-After the match, Gary Hart says a lot of people have been asking him if Brian Adias is now a member, once again, of Hart Limited. Hart says that no, Adias hasn't earned his way all the way back, but he is on Gary Hart's radar after taking out Tiger Mask in the Six-Man tag team match two weeks ago. Hart says Adias has realized that the only way he'll ever amount to anything as a wrestler is under Gary Hart's guidance. (B-) Hart then says he's going to give Brian Adias a shot tonight to rejoin the stable. Adias looks interested. Hart says that he's arranged a match for tonight - if Adias can defeat Tiger Mask, 1-on-1, right now, he'll take him on as a client again. Adias looks reluctant as Tiger Mask comes to the ring. (B-)

-Tiger Mask defeats Brian Adias (w/Gary Hart & Arturo Mendoza) in 7:48 by pinfall. (B-) After the match, Hart and Adias argue in the ring. Adias seems to question why Hart and Mendoza didn't interfere on his behalf during the match. (C-)

-Piper's Pit with Roddy Piper
Piper notes that his bodyguard, Adrian Adonis, is not present this week, but he says that he doesn't anticipate that extra security is necessary this week. Roddy Piper then hypes his victory over Bruno Sammartino last week. Piper spends several minutes taunting Sammartino, mocking his age and recent losing streak. Piper says he noticed that Bruno wasn't in the arena tonight - he guesses that Bruno has probably checked into nursing home. (B+). Piper moves on to talk about the Cage Clash event, and the Wargames match. Piper puts it over as the most important night in WCCW history. He then introduces the man in the middle of the controversy of the main event - Kerry Von Erich. Piper refuses to let Kerry talk, instead telling Kerry that he "gets it". He "gets" why Kerry is turning on the family. He gets why Kerry wants to get off the sinking ship that is the Von Erichs. He gets why Kerry wants to align himself with the Freebirds. Finally, Piper runs down the Von Erichs - he insinuates that Fritz in a alcoholic, and that Kerry's brothers are pill-poppers. With that, Kerry strikes Piper in the face, knocking him out with one punch. Kerry than leaves the set of Piper's Pit, never saying a world. (C+).

-Match 1 of Best-of-3 Series
Iceman Parsons defeats Bob Backlund by pinfall in 9:36. (B+) Backlund had his foot on the ropes, but the referee didn't see it. The announcers hype the outcome as a huge upset. Parsons leads the series 1-0.

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
The Freebirds defeat the David, Mike, and Kevin Von Erich in 27:33 when Gordy pinned Mike, to retain their titles. The Freebirds cheated throughout the match, until Kerry Von Erich came to the ring with a steel chair after the referee had been knocked unconscious, and the fight had spilled all around ringside. Kerry swung the chair at Gordy, who ducked, and struck Mike instead. Gordy covered Mike for the quick 3-count as the referee came to, and Kerry quickly departed. (C+). Gordy, Hayes, and David looked good. The Freebirds make their 3rd defense of the Six-Man Tag team titles.

THOUGHTS:

-A very solid show with a lot of good matches and segments.

-Lance Russell announces that next week's Cage Clash will basically be two events - the Wargames main event, and an 8-man tournament to determine the new #1 contender. Bobby Eaton will still get his guaranteed title shot at Labor Day Star Wars in September, and Koko B. Ware will still get his guaranteed title shot at the Texas Rumble event in October. After next week's event, it really will be a new WCCW, will new angles, and probably a handful of new workers.

-The whole Hart Limited v. Tiger Mask/Kabuki angle continues to be great stuff, no matter what guys I throw into it. Tiger Mask dragging Adias to a B- match is impressive. Adias is truly the most pathetic character in WCCW. He gets fired by Gary Hart for sucking, he doesn't accomplish anything as a face, then he turns on Gary Hart's arch-nemesis Tiger Mask, and Gary Hart still won't even take him on as a client.

-It might seem ridiculous that Roddy Piper would drop lines about alcoholism and pill-popping when running down the Von Erichs, but that kind of stuff actually really happened back in the day. Hayes loved to call Kerry a "steroid freak", for example. Of course, since Hayes is a heel, the fans could just think he was lying.

-Bob Backlund has been with WCCW for almost a year, and before this show, the only wrestlers who have defeated him 1-on-1 are Terry Gordy and David Von Erich. So losing to Iceman Parsons was pretty shocking. Parsons is one of those "real life" WCCW guys I'd love to build up. The only thing really keeping him out of the main event right now is the fact that he can only go about 10 minutes.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #594
molson
General Manager

I just noticed that this dynasty has been going on (on and off) for 1 year as of this Tuesday. Why can't I stick to anything else in my life with this kind of resolve?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #595
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Kerry and Kevin both arrive late for the last show. Obviously I can't suspend them at this point, so they're both fined.

-The TV Show gets a 2.40 rating - that's an all-time high for us.

-Bobby Eaton defeated Rick Martel to win the AWA TV Title. At only 25, Eaton seems primed to have a bigger singles career than he had in real life.

-Meanwhile, Koko B. Ware has now also signed with AWA - it will be interesting to see if he teams with Eaton there as well. Koko now works for us, the AWA, and Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-I've requested negotiations with almost a dozen various tv networks all over the world - including Japan, Europe, and Mexico. I think I'm still at the point where I'm not allowed to get a 2nd TV show anywhere yet, but I'd love to start an international brand (which would be kicked off with the losers of the Wargames match)

-Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat are involved in some kind of bitter behind -the-scenes feud in Mid-Atlantic

-Curt Hennig is already unhappy with our booking plans to push him as a lower midcard face. I'll give him a chance to prove himself, but if he's not ready to be higher up the roster, he'll probably have a brief stay in WCCW.

-Bruno is also still pissed about his current role.

-Chris Adams and Davey Boy Smith have started a tag team in New Japan. If that's randomly generated, that's a pretty cool team. Chris Adams also signed with Portland Championship Wrestling. I'd like to bring him back at some point.

-WWF ran Summerlam, with a main event of Larry Zbyszko retaining the WWF championship against Jerry Lawler, and Bob Backlund & Paul Orndorff defeating David Schultz & Bill Irwin for the tag team championship.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #596
PilotMan
Head Coach

That was a good show, Piper's pit was classic. I was there. You hit the nail on the head with Adias there. Again, that was a sweeeet show.

Like Steam?

Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #597
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

More NOW, please
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 AM   #598
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

molson, any way you can email me your save file for this game?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #599
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just curious if the finest Wrestling dynasty in FOFC history will be converting to TEW 2008 (Which will require a ton of manual work apparently)
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #600
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Just curious if the finest Wrestling dynasty in FOFC history will be converting to TEW 2008 (Which will require a ton of manual work apparently)

I haven't read about that process or how well it might work, but I'll look into it. If anybody can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

As for the dynasty, I didn't expect to be away from it this long. A lot of very positive real-life stuff has pulled me away, but I plan on getting through July 1984 and the War Games match very soon, sometime this week. That would be a great spot to convert to TEW 08 (if possible)

The other option, that might be more realistic, is ramp up the speed on this dynasty, run another year or two, "retire", then start fresh with TEW 08 once there's polished mods made specifically for that game.

Last edited by molson : 06-03-2008 at 01:56 PM.