molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 4, September 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Dick Murdoch defeats Al Perez in 4:58 by pinfall. (B+). The two showed great chemistry. Murdoch looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Road Warriors defeat Perry Jackson & Barry Orton in 5:27 when Hawk pinned Orton. (C). Animal looked good.

-Curt Hennig defeats Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) in 11:54 by pinfall. (B+). As Hennig catches his breath after the match, a brief video plays hyping the Hennig/Murdoch angle - highlighting Hennig's upset win over Murdoch, and Murdoch's subsequent sneak attacks of Hennig in his quest for a rematch. (C+). After the video, Hennig cut a promo confirming the rumors that he's finally accepted the rematch, which will take place this Saturday night at Fall Star Wars. (C+)

-Piper's Pit w/guests: The Road Warriors & The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar). Roddy Piper says that after the events of last week's Piper's Pit, he's been trying all week to arrange an organized and civil discourse between The Road Warriors and Sheepherders on his show. However, he claims that WCCW's insurance company wouldn't let that happen unless both teams were securely separated. So Piper has set up two small cages on his set, that both teams will enter, at which time he'll get to the bottom of this issue. The Road Warriors come out first, and enter one of the cages, followed by the Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar. The Road Warriors demand to know why The Sheepherders have dodged them for months, and why they've only agreed to singles matches at Fall Star Wars. Akbar responds in a rambling, insulting, tirade, never really answering the questions. Eventually, the Road Warriors break loose from their cage, and approach the Sheepherders (and a terrified Akbar). The Road Warriors tip the Sheepherders cage over the set, causing all three men to fall into a heap onto each other. The Road Warriors triumphantly leave the set, as Piper tries to free The Sheepherders and Akbar. (C+)

-Non-Title Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV in 5:51 by DQ after interference from Villano V (Mike's challenger for the Cruiserweight Title at Fall Star Wars). (B-). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Lance Russel interviewed Mike about his title defense this Saturday. (D+).

-Iceman Parsons (w/Bruno Sammartino) drew with Adrian Adonis (w/Roddy Piper) by Double DQ after Bruno and Piper both got involved. (B-). After the match, Sammartino and Parsons hyped their tag team match with Adonis and Piper at Fall Star Wars. (B-)

-David & Kevin Von Erich drew with Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton in 30:00 after the time limit expired. (B+). The performance of Koko B. Ware stood out. During the match, the announcers filled the audience in about the events of the Monday night show in Jacksonville, when Eaton defeated Kevin 1-on-1, and David drew with Koko after a wild brawl. During this match, Koko constantly attempted to cheat behind the back of both the referee, and his partner Eaton. After the match, David cut a promo hyping his World Title defense against Bobby Eaton, saying he knew it was going to be a great match, but he warned Koko B. Ware not get involved. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-That show pretty much rocked - I'm disappointing with the overall rating though, don't know why I couldn't pull out a B or B+. (There might be some issue where there's a penalty if the main event isn't the highest rated match on the card).

-That's the second time Murdoch has carried Al Perez to a B+ match. Amazing.

-I knew Hennig and Mendoza would have a great match, but maybe it was a mistake to run it here as the opener, overshadowing the rest of the card. I wanted to get Mendoza back in the ring, as he, Bundy, Tiger Mask, and Kabuki have been out of the spotlight for a few weeks.

-I think Mike's improving - there's a number of opponents he can deliver B- matches with now. He just can't wrestle for all that long.

-Eaton and Ware are both still faces, but Ware is acting very heelish.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #652
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV Show delivered a 2.59 rating. That's an all-time high for WCCW.

-Mid-South Wrestling did some serious roster cleaning - they cut loose The Road Warriors, Jim Neidhart, Tim Horner, Perry Jackson, Mike Bond, and Art Crews.

-After not appearing in a match for anyone over the course of this dynasty, Dusty Wolfe is apparently very desperate to work, and I sign him for 9 months at $75/show. He'll get a LOT of work as a punching bag for that rate. He's 20 years old, and despite having zero popularity anywhere, he's not awful. C+ Athleticism and Toughness, D+ in the Basics, Charisma, Acting, Stamina, Power, and Consistency. I assign him as a Enhancement Talent Heel with an old-school heel gimmick.

-There's a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion in Mid-Atlantic Wrestling - Dusty Rhodes regained the title from Ivan Koloff, who had defeated Rhodes for the belt about 7 months earlier. This is Rhodes' 4th reign with the title. He's also still a co-holder of the NWA World Tag Team Championship, with Ricky Steamboat.

-Next up is Fall Star Wars, a 2 1/2 hour show with an importance of "highly regarded". Last year's event (then known as "Labor Day Star Wars") featured David Von Erich retaining the WCCW American Heavyweight Championship against Bob Backlund, Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts defeating Kevin & Kerry Von Erich for the WCCW American Tag Team Titles, and The Great Kabuki defeating Manny Fernandez in a Texas Death Match.

Last edited by molson : 08-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #653
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING: FALL STAR WARS
Saturday, Week 4, September 1984
El Paso, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,309; Ticket Prices: +$2 over default
Actual Attendance: 4,270

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario defeats Dusty Wolfe in 6:33 by pinfall (C-). Lothario looked good. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed Lothario about his win. Lothario said he's winding down his in-ring career, but he still looks forward to each time he gets to wrestle in front of the WCCW fans. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Steve Olsonoski defeats Barry Orton in 4:31 by pinfall. (D). Olsonoski seemed off his game. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed Olsonoski about his win. (D-)

-As the show starts, Mike Von Erich comes to the ringside area for his Cruiserweight Title defense. Lance Russell interviews him about the upcoming match against Villano V. Mike says he has no idea if Villano IV is in the building or not, but he'll have to keep an eye out for him. (D+).

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano V in 6:54 by submission to make his 3rd defense of the Cruiserweight Title. (D). The two showed poor chemistry. Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. Villano IV never made an appearance.

-Lance Russell interviewed the Road Warriors about their two singles matches tonight against The Sheepherders. The Road Warriors say that they expect nothing less than total domination. (C-)

-Road Warrior Hawk defeats Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar) in 7:27 by pinfall. (C). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with his team of King Kong Bundy and Arturo Mendoza, and hypes their upcoming tag team title shot against the Von Erichs. (C+).

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated King Kong Bundy and Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) by DQ in 12:51 after Gary Hart interfered and the heels persisted in breaking the rules. (B-). The Von Erichs make their 2nd defense of the tag team titles. Arturo Mendoza looked good. After the match, the Von Erichs celebrated with the fans at ringside. (C+)

-Dick Murdoch cut a promo hyping his upcoming rematch with Curt Hennig. Murdoch promised to "make things right" and avenge his upset loss to Hennig. (B). Hennig cut a promo of his own, telling Murdoch that "lighting can strike twice", and this time, his win won't be an upset, because he's proven that he's in Murdoch's league (C+).

-Dick Murdoch defeated Curt Hennig in 22:07 by pinfall in a competitive match. (B). After the match, Murdoch went out to ringside and grabbed the ring bell. He went back into the ring, obviously intending to inflict harm on Hennig. Before he could, however, Hennig was able to take the offensive, end up with the ring bell, and send Murdoch running to the back. (C+)

-Road Warrior Animal defeats Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) in 8:09 by pinfall. (B-). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Road Warrior Hawk came to the ring to celebrate with Animal. Suddenly, Luke Williams, Skandor Akbar, and Akbar's newest client, Nikita Koloff, stormed the ring and attacked The Road Warriors. Miller, though weakened from his match, also joined the assault. The Road Warriors, however, after a few minutes, were able to turn the tables and drive the heels from the ring, overcoming the 4-2 odds. (C-)

-Roddy Piper and Adrian Adonis came to the ring. Adonis was pushing a shopping cart filled with various weapons. Piper announced that Sammartino and Parsons had foolishly agreed to a last-minute stipulation - their tag team match would be no-DQ. Piper says he and Adonis have come prepared - he cuts a wild, rambling promo where he shows off many of the items in the shopping cart, which includes the traditional (steel chairs, baseball bats, lead pipes), and the non-traditional (fire-extinguisher, framed picture of Sammartino winning the WWWF Heavyweight Championship, several framed gold records from the 50's and other "artifacts" with the purpose of mocking Bruno's age) (B-)

-No DQ Match
Roddy Piper & Adrian Adonis wrestled to a no-contest with Bruno Sammartino and Iceman Parsons after 10:06 of sometimes humorous mayhem after all the action had spilled out of the ring, and the referee decided to call the match. (C-) Bruno's son David got involved at several points. Parsons sprayed Piper with a fire extinguisher.

-With Bobby Eaton already in the ring, David Von Erich began to come down the entrance-way for his World Heavyweight Championship defense, when he was attacked from behind by Koko B. Ware. Ware quickly rammed David into a steel barricade, and them body slammed him onto the concrete. About 10 minutes of chaos ensued - Kevin, Kerry, Mike, and Fritz Von Erich quickly came to David's aid, forcing Koko back to the locker room area. Eaton left the ring and approached the scene as well, visibly yelling at Ware, and also checking to see if David was OK. Before Eaton could get too close to David however, Kevin lost his temper and attacked Eaton. Bruno Sammartino and several others separated the them. Eaton returned to the ring, where he was talking to Sammartino and Kerry. Eaton seemed to deny any knowledge of Koko's plans. David, suffering apparent rib and back injuries, was being tended to by Fritz and Mike in the entrance-way. (C+)

-Lance Russell approached Fritz with a mic for an update. Fritz told Russell that he didn't think there was any way David could compete, and they didn't know the extent of his injuries. David however, interrupted the interview, saying the fans came for a main event match and he was going to deliver it to them. (C+) David pushed his way past Fritz and Mike and entered the ring, where he angrily stared down Bobby Eaton, and demanded that Kerry and Sammartino leave the ring and let the match start. (B-)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Bobby Eaton defeated David Von Erich in 23:33 by pinfall to win the World Heavyweight Championship. During the match, a masked man ran in from the crowd, and attacked David outside the ring with a chair, while the referee was checking on Eaton inside the ring. The man unmasked to reveal himself - it was Koko B. Ware again, who quickly fled the ringside area after his attack. Eaton was able to finish off an injured David with a top rope leg drop. (B) After the match, Eaton, apparently still unaware with what Ware had done, jubilantly celebrates in the ring with the belt. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-Again, a disappointing show rating that doesn't seem to reflect the card. I did get a note that Fritz and Lance Russell were used to much - I should have worked Lord Alfred Hayes into some of those interviews. Otherwise, my match ratings, in order, were D, C, B-, B, B-, C-, B. I think I need to read up a little bit on card order. I knew that the Murdoch/Hennig match could potentially steal some thunder away for the main event, which is why I stashed it 4th on the card. Maybe I would have pushed up to B- if the Bruno/Parsons v. Adonis/Piper match reached even a C or C+.

-The Eaton title win surely shocked the fans - my booking team has been advocating an Eaton main event run for months, and I decided to pull the trigger here. David had been champion for 5 months. Koko is now clearly a heel, but Eaton is still somewhat ambiguous - he'll certainly have to explain himself, and fans probably won't be happy with him.

-WCCW fans (via the WCCW in-game product type) aren't really into hardcore/no-DQ stuff. Still disappointing with that tag match rating though.

-The Road Warriors have destroyed everyone in their path, but their interview still wasn't very good, and only one of their 2 singles matches was any good. They also haven't really faced much competition. It will be interesting to see if they can develop. I keep getting road agent notes that Akbar and The Sheepherders are getting stale - I'll have to do something to tweak the gimmicks.

-I sidetracked Hennig's elevation to the main event and let Murdoch win the feud, which ended with this match. Murdoch delivers killer interviews and great matches with everyone, and is now a bona fide main eventer, following this match and his Battle Royal win at Cage Clash.

-The Tag Team Title match didn't get a lot of hype, wasn't part of a storyline, but it delivered. This was really just a chance for both teams to gain a little team experience and give Von Erichs a title defense.

-Mike and Villano V may have also cost us a chance at a B- show by wrestling that dud in the opener. Mike has wrestled a B- match with Villano IV at the last TV show, so a D here with Villano V was disappointing. I think it was just an issue of bad chemistry, both Villanos show an average 1984 match rating of "C".

-Bob Backlund, by the way, wasn't used for this card (or on shows the last couple of weeks), because he was committed the WWF tonight.

Last edited by molson : 08-27-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #654
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Curt Hennig, Steve Olsonoski, Mark Youngblood, Perry Jackson, and Bruno Sammartino all complain about their pushes. In the case of Olsonoski, Youngblood, and Jackson, maybe my strategy of making my roster bottom-heavy with cheap talent isn't working. On the other hand, who really cares that they're upset.

-Adrian Adonis is exhausted after the last show, again, this is the result of his other commitments. I definitely won't give him any kind of major push until he leaves one of his other promotions - New Japan or Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-Road Warrior Hawk was late for the last show. I fine him.

-All-Japan wrestling made a number of cuts: The Cobra, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, Hiromichi Fuyuki, Shiro Koshinaka, and Apollo Suguhara. I'm not in a hiring period so I don't request any negotiations, but I would like to bring some Japanese guys in eventually.

-The contracts of both of my announcers - Lance Russell and Lord Alfred Hayes - are up in a few days and I enter into negotiations. Russell resigns for 9 more months at $2,450/show, a modest raise from his old $2,250/show deal. He's still the second most expensive worker on the show, after Roddy Piper. He has A+ announcing and general mic skills, one of only 4 Americans rated that highly in both categories (joining Gordon Solie, Jim Ross, Bob Caudle). He's also a locker room leader. I also resign Hayes, for 18 months, at $1,925/show up from his old deal of $1,825/show. I probably could have saved a little money on a new color commentator, but Hayes is solid, and I eventually want him to manage a stable of British heel wrestlers.

-Other contract negotiations: I take a long look at Owen Hart, who demanded a big raise, from $125/show up top $500/show. After reviewing his skills and match rating increases over the last 9 months, I decide to give him another 9 months at his demanded rate. If Hart is worth $500/show, Doug Somers is surely worth $575/show, so I resign him too, for another 9 months, a raise from his old $325/show deal.

-The news reports that New Japan is on the brink of bankruptcy. Them going under would mean a lot of unemployed Japanese wrestlers, and perhaps an opportunity for the smaller UWF "shoot-style" promotion, which opened since this dynasty started. Their champion is Riki Choshu.

-Some interesting stuff went down in SWCW. The Southwest Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Championship had went vacant for the second time in about 15 months when Ricky Steamboat left the promotion. In the chaos, promoter Joe Blanchard fired head booker Jonathan Boyd. The same day, "Bullet" Bob Armstrong won the vacant title in a match with Chavo Guerrero. (The last time the belt went vacant, promotion owner Joe Blanchard booked his son Tully to win the title). The SWCW head booker position is currently vacant (but I'm not interested).

-As October 1984 begins, Tom Zenk, Scott Hall, Masahiro Chono, Shawn Michaels and others enter the database. None of the male wrestlers who've debuted into the database in this manner have ever been signed by anyone except me (I picked up Owen Hart and Nikita Koloff). Some of them have OK skills, but all of them have F- popularity in all regions, so I don't know if they can possibly be picked up, or what the mod maker intended. Guys like Yokozuna, The Undertaker, Hillbilly Jim, Marty Jannetty, Barry Darsow, DJ Peterson, Jushin Liger, and Kendall Windham have all showed up but haven't been used by anyone. Anybody reading this thing have any insight on that?

-Larry Hennig, who retired in January of this year, has officially left the AWA as his contract has expired. I request negotiations - I won't pay a ton, but I'll consider bringing him in as Curt's manager.

Last edited by molson : 08-25-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #655
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF SEPTEMBER 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 65.6% (Down From 65.8% last month)
-Midwest: 61.6% (Up from 61.3% last month)
-Southeast: 50.2% (up from 48.6% last month)
-New England: 45.7% (up from 43.6% last month)
-Great Lakes: 45.0% (up from 43.6% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 45.0% (up from 43.6% last month)
-North West: 45.0% (up from 43.6% last month)
-Tri-State: 45.0% (up from 43.6% last month)
-Southwest: 44.9% (up from 43.5% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (Same as last month)

-New England emerges as our #4 region after the show there last month

-National Status is still the goal but it's still a long, long way away. I need to reach 71.1% in 8 of these regions, with at least 30% in all of them. That would take around 18 months at our current pace, though I think I can do it quicker with a better TV deal, PPV revenue starting in '85, and if my recent merchandise breakthrough continues to see results (see below)

-Obviously at some point down the road I'm going to have to figure out how run A and A- rated shows to actually get up to 71.1%. In the meantime, pretty much any show will increase our popularity everywhere outside of Texas. Once I'm in the 60s everywhere, I'll look towards making that last jump with pricer talent.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 492,514 (503,340)
Sponsors: 77,970 (78,223)
Merchandise: 217,600 (16,320)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 272,525 (288,125)
Show Costs: 106,500 (113,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 27,152 (25,226)
Production: 40,000 (75,000)
Misc: 148,503 (150,668)

Total Profit: $168,404 ($-79,626)
Cash in Bank: $580,214 (411,810)

-WOW - I had some kind of breakthrough in merchandising, turning a enormous profit out of nowhere. I have no idea what caused it - no info over at the GDS forum. I first started setting custom controls on merchandise a month or two ago, and I really didn't make any huge changes this month. I did scale everything down, less wrestler merchandise, less quantity, less quality, but none of that explains the huge increase. Perhaps the DOTT mod is coded so that merchandise suddenly becomes popular around this time. I have no idea. Whatever happened, I'm going to resist the urge to ramp up spending on production/video, etc, and leave everything relatively untouched this month, to see if the profits continue.

-If I can continue to expect that kind of money going forward, WCCW will be in for some big changes. Bigger talent, more stars used per show, more shows outside of Texas to spread our popularity faster, maybe even a brand split.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

Low Level:
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Fritz Von Erich

Very Low Level
-Iceman Parsons
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Koko B. Ware
-Roddy Piper
-Tiger Mask
-The Great Kabuki

-Very similar to the settings last month, except: All 3 Freebirds are gone, as is Koko B. Ware (who turned heel). I added Tiger Mask and the Great Kabuki to "Very Low".

-Everybody shows as selling "awful" last month, but I'm clearly doing something right here.

Last edited by molson : 08-27-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #656
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of September 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 94.7% Prestige (Up from 93.1% Last Month)
Main Event Title
Bobby Eaton (newly crowned).

-Television Champion - 70.0% Prestige (up from 69.6% last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin Von Erich - 3 title defenses, 1 month reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Up from 68.8% last month)
Midcard Title
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich - 2 title defenses, 1 month reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin, Mike & David Von Erich - 0 title defenses, 1 month reign

-Cruiserweight Championship - 33.3% Prestige (up from 32.4% last month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - 3 title defenses, 2 month reign.

-I always try to have some stability in the title scene, but if you're going to have title defenses, it's tough not to have them lose every once in a while. I'm not 100% sure what direction I'm going with Eaton yet.

-Mike is now the longest-reigning champion in WCCW. If my surprising merchandising revenue influx continues, I'll likely upgrade the Cruiserweight Championship to a midcard title, contended over by the likes of Tiger Mask, and whoever I can bring in from Japan and Mexico. I like the idea of a LOW level title though, so I'll probably always have something for guys like Mike and Villanos to fight over.

Last edited by molson : 08-27-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #657
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF SEPTEMBER, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Tag Team Title Storyline: Mendoza/Bundy v. Kerry/Kevin v. Kabuki/Tiger Mask (April, recently evolved to include Kerry/Kevin)
2. Nikita Koloff's 3-minute challenge: Koloff/Parsons (September)
3. Piper v. Bruno (Piper/Bruno/David Sammartino/Adonis) (July)
4. Road Warriors v. Sheepherders (January)

Wrestlers with pending storylines, yet to officially Begin:
-David Von Erich
-Bobby Eaton
-Bob Backlund
-Lord Alfred Hayes
-Gary Hart
-Skandor Akbar

Lower midcarders and higher without a current or pending storyline:
-Dick Murdoch
-Curt Hennig
-Mike Von Erich
-Villano V
-Doug Somers

-Murdoch/Hennig had a short, hot feud that ended with Murdoch's victory at Fall Star Wars. There's nobody available right now for either of them to feud with, so they'll just rack up wins for a while.

-Road Warriors/Sheepherders is off to a very slow start. I think this storyline's overness has been negatively impacted by how long the feud has been teased but not really progressed.

-Mendoza/Bundy v. Kabuki/Tiger Mask has been very successful, but it's also ran its course from a storyline perspective. So I've evolved the storyline to include the tag team champions, to make it a 3-way feud over the titles. Whoever emerges will probably have to deal with whoever wins the Road Warriors/Sheepherders feud.

-Bob Backlund has been on the shelf for the last few weeks, but he's about to kick off a storyline where he looks for a manager.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in October, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

NONE

-I think this is the first time I haven't had to deal with any conflicts. Bob Backlund still considers the WWF his priority, but they run there big monthly show on the last Friday in October, so it won't be an issue.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

-Al Perez
-Arturo Mendoza
-Barry Orton
-Bronco Lubich
-Curt Hennig
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Sammartino
-David Von Erich
-Doug Somers
-Dusty Wolfe
-Fritz Von Erich
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Lance Russell
-Mark Youngblood
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Perry Jackson
-Road Warrior Animal
-Steve Olsonoski
-The Great Kabuki
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Bob Backlund is unhappy about how many shows he's went unused
-Bruno Samartino is furious about how he's being pushed
-Curt Hennig is extremely annoyed about how he's been pushed
-Kerry Von Erich is not enjoying the backstage atmosphere
-Mark Youngblood is unhappy about how many shows he's went unused
-The Great Kabuki is very unhappy about how many shows he's went unused
-Tiger Mask is very unhappy about how many shows he's went unused

It's a very unhappy locker room at the moment. Most of these issues will clear up this month. Kerry doesn't like the backstage atmosphere - I guess that's a product of how many people are unhappy right now. It also might have to do with the fact that 3 workers that he has a "strong friendship" with have been let go in recent months: Brian Adias, Michael Hayes, and Buddy Landell. He still, of course, has 4 blood relatives on the roster.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-These are guys that have let me know they think they should be pushed better (including those listed above, whose complaints have risen to the level of affecting morale)

-Bruno Sammartino doesn't want to be wrestling anymore
-Curt Hennig thinks he should be pushed as a main eventer
-David Sammartino thinks he should be a midcarder
-Koko B. Ware thinks he should be a main eventer
-Luke Williams thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Mark Youngblood thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Mike Von Erich thinks he should be a midcarder
-Owen Hart thinks he should be an opener
-Perry Jackson thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Road Warrior Animal thinks he should be a main eventer
-Steve Olsonoski thinks he should be a midcarder
-Tiger Mask thinks he should be an upper midcarder

Geez, a lot of guys have an inflated view of themselves this month....I do bump Hennig up to the Upper Midcard ranks this month, hopefully that will calm him down a little

Last edited by molson : 09-01-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #658
molson
General Manager

Current Momentum Ratings (End of September, 1984), with last month is parenthesis.

B
Dick Murdoch (B)
Bobby Eaton (B-)
Koko B. Ware (B-)

B-
David Von Erich (B-)
Kevin Von Erich (B-)
Curt Hennig (B-)
Bob Backlund (B-)

C+
Iceman Parsons (C+)
Nikita Koloff (C+)
Roddy Piper (B-)
Road Warrior Hawk (C)
Tiger Mask (C+)
Adrian Adonis (C+)
Bruno Sammartino (C)
Arturo Mendoza (C+)
Kerry Von Erich (B-)

C
Road Warrior Animal (C)
Mark Youngblood (C)
Butch Miller (C)
Luke Williams (C)
Doug Somers (C)
King Kong Bundy (C)

C-
The Great Kabuki (C-)
Jose Lothario (D+)

D+
Mike Von Erich (D)
Villano V (C-)
Dusty Wolfe (New)

D
None

D-
Steve Olsonoski (E+)
Al Perez (E+)

E+
Perry Jackson (E+)
Barry Orton (New)

E
Owen Hart (E+)

E-
Villano IV (E-)

F-
David Sammartino (not yet debuted)

Rising in September: Eaton, Koko B. Ware, Road Warrior Hawk, Sammartino, Lothario, Mike Von Erich, Perez, Olosonoski,

Falling in September: Piper, Kerry, Villano V, Owen Hart

Last edited by molson : 09-17-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #659
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

This is one of the few threads I have subscribed to, as this is a great favorite of mine. I thank you for the interesting world you allow us to enjoy with you!

Keep it up for as long as you can.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #660
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF SEPTEMBER, 1984

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Roddy Piper
Dick Murdoch
Bobby Eaton

-Same group as last month.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Curt Hennig
Kevin Von Erich
Road Warriors

-Hennig and Kevin move up to this group, and Iceman Parsons moves back down to the midcard. Hennig has been terrific, I just want to keep the rise up to the main event gradual.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Iceman Parsons
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Sheepherders
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki

-Just the changes noted above involving Parsons/Kevin/Hennig. Tiger Mask is probably the breakout guy here, most likely to move up to Upper Midcard and beyond.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Mike Von Erich
Doug Somers
David Sammartino
Villano V

-Still waiting for David to heel from injury so he can debut. Bruno will retire soon, but I'd like to team them together for a while first.

OPENERS

Al Perez
Villano V
Steve Olsonoski

-Same group as last month

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Barry Orton
Perry Jackson
Mark Youngblood
Dusty Wolfe

-Same group as last month with the addition of Wolfe.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley

CONTRACTS UP IN NEXT 60 DAYS

-Villano IV (31 Days)
-Villano V (32 Days)
-Adrian Adonis (46 Days)
-Butch Miller (47 Days)
-Luke Williams (47 Days)
-Jose Lothario (60 Days)
-JR Foley (60 Days)

Last edited by molson : 09-01-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #661
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post
This is one of the few threads I have subscribed to, as this is a great favorite of mine. I thank you for the interesting world you allow us to enjoy with you!

Keep it up for as long as you can.

Thanks for reading!

I don't have as much time to work on this as I did when the dynasty started (more than 16 months ago now), but I still think about booking plans when I'm stuck in traffic, etc. So there's definitely no end in sight yet.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #662
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 1, October 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,504 Ticket prices: $1 over Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich & Jose Lothario defeated Barry Orton & Perry Jackson in 8:37 when Mike made Orton submit (D+). Lothario stood out as looking good. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed Mike & Lothario about their win. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeated Mark Youngblood in 4:46 by pinfall. (D)

-Lance Russell comes to the ring to start the show. He recaps the events of Cage Clash (noting that most in attendance were also at that show). He specifically talks about Bobby Eaton's win over David Von Erich, and highlights Koko B. Ware's involvement. Lance Russell says he has a lot of questions for Eaton, and asks him to come out to the ring. Instead, Koko B. Ware comes out. Russell says he wants to talk to the World Champion, not Koko. Koko looks offended, and says that Eaton is now far too important to talk to Russell. Russell asks if tonight's main event match between Eaton and Roddy Piper will be a title match. Koko claims that Eaton will not put the title on the line tonight, throwing out a couple of excuses. Russell asks him if Eaton knows about Koko's actions on Saturday night that cost David the World Title. Koko gets angrier, and grabs Russell by the suit. Russell yells at Koko to get his hands off him. Koko briefly complies, but then grabbed Russell again, and shoved him into a corner. (C) Koko approached Russell in the corner, but Kevin Von Erich quickly made the save from the back. Koko quickly fled the area, as Kevin checked to see if Russell was OK. (C-) As Russell regroups and retakes his position at the announce table, Kevin cuts a long, angry promo directed at Koko and Bobby Eaton. He also hypes his match tonight with Koko, and promises to "bash Koko's brains in". Kevin also says that the extent of David's injuries is not yet known, but he's going to be out of action for some time. (C+)

-Curt Hennig defeated Dusty Wolfe in 4:55 by pinfall. (D+). Hennig was really off his game. After the match, Hennig cut a promo, acknowledging his loss to Murdoch at Cage Clash. Hennig says he's going to learn from his mistakes and keep getting better. (C)

-Bruno Sammartino comes to the ring with his son David, and cuts a promo hyping his son's WCCW upcoming debut match against Adrian Adonis. (C)

-Adrian Adonis defeated David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 4:25 by submission in a dominating victory. (C-). Sammartino was limited by injury. The performance of Adonis stood out. After the match, as Bruno was checking on his son, Adonis grabbed a mic and cut a promo. Adonis yelled at Bruno, boasting that he "beat the snot out of your bratty kid". (B-)

-Koko B. Ware defeated Kevin Von Erich in 17:04 by DQ after Kevin threw Koko onto the announce table outside the ring and then bodyslammed him on the concrete. After the referee called for the bell, Kevin applied an Iron Claw to Ware's bloody head outside the ring on the floor. (B-) Finally, Kevin released the hold, and held his open hand (which was covered with Koko's blood), over his head. Kevin held his bloody hand in the claw grip over his head all the way back to the locker room. (C+).

-Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki defeated The Villanos in 7:21 when Kabuki pinned Villano IV. (C+). Kabuki looked good.

-Before the main event, with Piper and Eaton already in the ring, there appeared to be some confusion between the ring announcer, referee, and Lance Russell regarding whether this was a title match or not. Eaton appeared to insist that the title was not on the line, and the ring announcer eventually announced such.

-Non Title Match
Bobby Eaton defeated Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) in 21:37 by pinfall. (B-). Eaton played a face to the crowed, to a mixed reaction.

THOUGHTS:

-Kind of weird show. Koko B. Ware is a full-fledged heel, but Eaton is still technically a face (but he foreshadowed a characteristic that might become a part of his character and future heel turn - his unwillingness to defend the World Title). The main event must not have been very satisfying to the fans, but it was rated well enough to give us an OK show rating.

-I've portrayed Kevin as having a violent temper - he was suspended earlier this year for brutalizing Terry Gordy in a steel cage, and here he shows that temper again, beating the crap out of Koko B. Ware. I've decided where to go with this Koko/Eaton/David/Kevin stuff, and it will be made clear on the TV show this week.

-With my financial situation improving, I want to develop more tag teams (which generally double the cost of a worker costs of a match). Kabuki & Tiger Mask haven't been used very much lately, but they wrestle a pretty solid match tonight against the Villanos, who have come a long way since they first came to WCCW (but still don't win much)

-Not a very good debut for Dusty Wolf, who has an awful match with Curt Hennig. Though apparently, Hennig was "off his game".

-David Sammartino's match with Adonis was better than I thought it would be, in light of David's injury. I have no idea when Sammartino will be healthy, but I wanted to get him into the ring to see how limited he was. We all know that David didn't have close to the talent of his father, I think it would be interesting to actually make that part of a storyline - not sure if I go that way or not.

-I brought back the Mike Von Erich/Jose Lothario team for the pre-show - veteran wrestlers can help younger wrestlers in tag teams, so I'm going to try to utilize that dynamic more.

Last edited by molson : 09-01-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #663
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I think I get this note after every show - but Adrian Adonis is again exhausted.

-With my new income from merchandise sales, I decided to reach out to New Japan wrestling, who is struggling financially. I offer to buy out their company, or in alternative, set them us a developmental promotion for me. They reject both offers.

-King Kong Bundy signs with WWC in Puerto Rico, where he'll work in addition to us, and Mid-South. He'll have lots of opportunity to improve - he's only 26 years old at this point.

-I re-sign Nikita Koloff for 9 months at $1,325/show. That's a big raise from his old $725/show with us.

-The Catch Wrestling Association, which is the only active promotion in Europe outside the UK, has a new World Champion, as Otto Wanz won the belt for a third time, defeating Axel Dieter.

Last edited by molson : 09-02-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #664
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 1, October 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) defeats Dusty Wolfe in 7:54 by pinfall (D-). David seemed off his game, and was limited by injury. The two showed good chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villanos IV & V defeated Jose Lothario & Steve Olsonoski in 7:47 when Villano IV pinned Olsonoski. (C-). Lothario looked very good.

-The Road Warriors defeat Perry Jackson & Barry Orton in 7:31 when Hawk pinned Jackson. (D+). Animal seemed off his game. After the match, The Road Warriors cut a promo, targeting The Sheepherders. (C). The Road Warriors put over their two 1-on-1 victories at Fall Star Wars, but demanded that Skandor Akbar put up his team against them in a tag team match.

-A lengthy video shows highlights of the David Von Erich/Bobby Eaton match from Fall Star Wars, including all of the controversy before and during the match involving Koko B. Ware's attacks on David. The video also shows highlights of Koko's promo on Monday night in Dallas, his match with Kevin, and subsequent beatdown. (B-)

-Lance Russell interviews Bobby Eaton in the ring. Eaton claims that he had no idea that Koko B. Ware was planning on getting involved in his World Title match, but that he still pinned David in the middle of the ring, and deserves to be champion. Still, Eaton claims, if David Von Erich were healthy tonight, he'd give him a rematch for the World Title. Unfortunately, said Eaton, both David Von Erich and Koko B. Ware are out of action, leaving him without any credible challengers for the World Title. Eaton says that while Ware possessed a "guaranteed contract" for a World Title Match in the main event of the Texas Rumble event later this month, there's no way Koko will be healthy enough to compete, after the brutal attack by Kevin this Monday night. Therefore, says Eaton, he's entering the 30-man Texas Rumble match itself, rather than defending his belt that night. (B). Suddenly Kerry Von Erich comes to the ring, to a huge ovation. Kerry says he's not sure whether to believe that Eaton had nothing to do with Koko's involvement in the Fall Star Wars Main Event. Kerry said he listened with interest though, to what Eaton just said - that he'd give David a title match tonight if he was healthy. Kerry then says, with the blessing of his brothers, he's challenging Eaton to legitimize his title reign, and defend the belt against him tonight. Eaton says that he wasn't prepared to wrestle tonight, and didn't have his ring gear. Kerry countered - how about next week? Eaton still says no, claiming that he doesn't consider Kerry a "top contender".. Kerry then asks him if he plans on just sitting on the belt. After a few more insults, Eaton slaps Kerry in the face. Before Kerry can respond, Eaton bails out of the ring and runs back towards the locker room. (B-).

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mike Von Erich about what he just saw, but Mike says he's more focused on on the task at hand - his upcoming match with King Kong Bundy. (C).

-King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeats Mike Von Erich in 6:50 by pinfall. (B-). Mike was tiring towards the end of the match.

-Skandor Akbar comes to the ring and says that he has a major announcement. He said that a few weeks ago, on Piper's Pit, he told the wrestling world (and especially Gary Hart), that he was planning on expanding his Destruction Inc. stable with the aim of creating the most powerful force in pro wrestling, and also establishing himself as wrestling's premiere manager. And while Gary Hart has been standing by, watching his tag team of Bundy & Mendoza blow a title opportunity at Fall Star Wars, Akbar has been busy making the biggest deal in professional wrestling history. Akbar then announces his new client - Bob Backlund, who comes to the ring. Akbar claims that Backlund needs only the proper career guidance to become the biggest wrestling superstar in the world. (C)

-Curt Hennig defeats Bob Backlund (w/Skandor Akbar) in 20:24 by pinfall after botched interference from Abkar. (B). After the match, Akbar comes into the ring, and Backlund begins to argue with him. Backlund then grabs a mic, and tells Akbar that he's fired, before storming back to the locker room area (B-)

-Lance Russell interviewed Fritz Von Erich, asking him if there's any progress in putting together a new leadership structure for WCCW. Fritz says that things are going great, that negotiations are taking place, and that very soon, there were be a new WCCW Commissioner, and the first ever WCCW Championship Committee, a group that will have authority over all WCCW Championships (D-)

-Kerry Von Erich defeated Doug Somers in 8:03 by pinfall (C+). Kerry cut a promo after the match, repeating his challenge to Bobby Eaton for a World Title Match. (C+)

-Backstage, Gary Hart cut a promo, mocking Skandor Akbar for getting fired by Backlund, and then hyping his client, Arturo Mendoza, who challenges for the TV Title in tonight's main event. (B-)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Kevin Von Erich drew with Arturo Mendoza in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (B+). Kevin makes his 4th defense of the TV Title.

Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-Excellent show. I didn't think there was any way that our Kevin/Mendoza main event wouldn't be overshadowed by Hennig/Backlund, but they actually pulled out the match of the night. Mendoza could probably be a main eventer right now, if we weren't so lucky as to have so much talent.

-Once I get around to installing a "WCCW Commissioner" and "Championship Committee", I'll do something I always wanted to do in this dynasty - give the whole world a little more structure, with rankings, rules, and tangible reasons why certain guys get title shots. For now of course, I'm holding off on that because there's a heel World Champion who is going to take full advantage of the fact that nobody's ordering him to defend his title against anyone.

-Eaton officially turned heel tonight by ducking Kerry and slapping him in the face. I had originally planned on keeping Eaton face, having him giving David a rematch, losing the belt, and then feud with a heel Koko. But instead, I've turned both guys heel, and will put David on the shelf with his "injury" for a while. The heel turns were a big boost to both guys - Eaton and Koko now top my momentum rankings - they both have "A" momentum. I've never seen anyone that high. Koko has an equal ability to play a heel or a face, and Eaton's actually much better as a heel.

-Hennig/Backlund was of course, very solid, and the Backlund/Akbar partnership lasted exactly one match. This starts a storyline for Backlund, who has been having something of an identify crisis for a while now. He's hinted at a face turn but is still a heel, and he's lost some matches lately where he would have been considered the favorite. For Hennig, another huge "upset" win.

-Terrific little match between Mike & Bundy. They hadn't wrestled 1-on-1 in over a year, and this was the highest rated of their 3 matches together since the dynasty started.

-Jose Lothario has a little angle going on the pre-show where he teams up with different younger workers. Hopefully that helps them improve.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #665
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV show delivers a 3.16 rating. That's by far our highest rating, blowing away last week's then-high of 2.59. We're in great position for a better time slot when the networks begin negotiations in December.

-Jim Duggan won the Mid-South promotion's North American Heavyweight Championship (the top belt in that promotion), defeating the Junkyard Dog. It was the end of JYD's 4th reign with that title.

-There was also a title change in the AWA, where Manny Fernandez & Wahoo McDaniel defeated Rick Martel & Bill Dundee for the Tag Team Championship.

-In Portland Wrestling, Ted Dibiase & Jerry Stubbs defeated Buddy Roberts & Dutch Mantell for that promotion's Tag Team Championship.

-Lance Russell has signed on to do some commentary for IWA out of Montreal. (He'll still work for us as well). Hopefully he knows French.

-The vacant SWCW booker position has been filled - by Kevin Sullivan. Sullivan had been unemployed since he left Angelo Poffo's ICW (leaving the Heavyweight Title vacant in the process).

-I decide to pass on Larry Hennig, who wanted around $1,400/show. I think retired wrestlers overvalue themselves a little bit in TEW. I still would have considered him as a manger, but his mic skills and charisma aren't that great.

-I request negotiations with Brusier Brody, hoping to bring him in for another 6-month run. Unfortunately, Fritz caps out my offer at just short of what Brody is willing to sign for. I wish in situations like these, Brody would be receptive to a lower offer in exchange for creative control, merchandise sales, etc, but if the money's too low, the money's too low. Stupid Fritz - he robbed the world of Bruiser Brody v. Bob Backlund.

-Fritz pulls the same crap with Playboy Buddy Rose, capping my offer just short of what it would take to bring him in. Rose was amazing for WCCW during the short 3-match run he had with us early this year. He wrestled an A+ match with Bob Backlund, and then "A" matches with Nikita Koloff and Buddy Roberts. Ridiculous. I'll have to at least bring him in via talent trade for another 3-match run.

-"Superstar" Billy Graham, who is currently unemployed, has gone off to hollywood to film a movie. That's the first time I've seen that particular news item. And it isn't much of a stretch. Graham has n'twrestled since the WWF's Wrestlemania show in Match (when he lost to S.D. Jones - ouch).

-Steve Olsonoski, Mark Youngblood, Perry Jackson, and Bruno Sammartino all come to complain to me about their pushes. I ignore them all. I should really put Sammartino out to pasture soon though.

Last edited by molson : 09-02-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #666
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ahem. UPDATE?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #667
molson
General Manager

Crap, I didn't realize 9/2 was the last update. I go back and forth between this and CIV IV, and CIV IV (and unfortunately, work) has had my time the last few weeks.

But there will be a flurry of updates tonight. Next house show will be back in the northeast, which I'm building up as my #4 region on the back of my most over guy there, Bruno Sammartino, who will main event either against Piper in a steel cage, or maybe even against Bobby Eaton in a non-title match.

I also have to remind myself to look at some talent trades before then, and take a look at which surviving promotions I still have working agreements with.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #668
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, October 1984
Canton, MA (Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,075 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano V defeats Jose Lothario in 6:45 by pinfall. (C-).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Dark Somers defeats Mark Youngblood in 6:52 by pinfall. (D-). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Somers about his victory.

-As the show starts, Adrian Adonis comes to the ring and cuts a promo about his upcoming match with David Sammartino. Adonis says he can't believe David wants more of him after he dominated him in a match last week in Dallas. He also hypes Roddy Piper's main event steel cage match tonight with Bruno Sammartino. (C+)

-Adrian Adonis defeats David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 3:56 by pinfall. (C-). David was limited by injury. Adonis looked good.

-Bob Backlund came to the ring before his scheduled match and cut a lengthy promo. He first stated that he's a "free agent", no longer represented by Skandor Akbar or anyone else. He then turned his attention to the New England fans. He tells them that they never appreciated him during his years-long reign as WWF champion. They never embraced him like they did Bruno Sammartino. He said many New England fans actually cheered for his opponents during the end of his title reign, which was a disgrace to his greatness. He says that he left the WWF because the WWF fans didn't deserve him. He then turned his attention to his opponent tonight, Curt Hennig. He blames his loss to Hennig on TV last night on Akbar, and promises revenge tonight (B-)

-Curt Hennig drew with Bob Backlund in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (A+). Backlund was extremely frustrated after the match. Also after the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Hennig, who points out that he's wrestled Backlund twice in the last 5 days, and Backlund hasn't been able to beat him. Hennig says he's as good as anybody in WCCW, and he considers himself a challenger to Eaton's world title (if Eaton ever puts the belt on the line). (C-)

-Piper's Pit: w/guest Bobby Eaton
Roddy Piper, with bodyguard Adrian Adonis by his side, brings out his guest, the WCCW World Champion, Bobby Eaton. Piper praises Eaton for defeating David Von Erich, and points out that the Pit is filled with winners this week: Adonis defeated David Sammartino earlier tonight, and Eaton and Piper are moments away from victories of their own. All three viciously insult the New England fans, Bruno Sammartino, and David Von Erich. (B-)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton defeats Al Perez in 5:48 by pinfall. (C+) Eaton looked good.

-As the steel cage is being set up for the main event, Lance Russell interviews Fritz Von Erich, who puts over the New England fans. Fritz says that a new leadership structure will be in place in WCCW soon, but he does have a couple of announcements in the meantime. First, he says that his sons David, Mike, and Kevin are vacating the WCCW Six-Man-Tag Team Championship due to David's injury, effective tonight. In his interim authority role, Fritz is putting together a tournament to determine new champions. He's also ordered new six-man-tag team championship belts, to replace the trophy that is currently in use. He says that effective immediately, he's accepting applications from teams who are interested in taking part in the tournament. He says that anyone who's under WCCW contract who can put together a team may enter. The tournament, Fritz says, will not be single elimination, but a grueling round-robin format, that will leave no doubt who the best team is. Also, says Fritz, since Mike, Kevin, and Kerry already hold titles, none of them will participate in the tournament. Finally, says Fritz, WCCW is working on a deal to televise WCCW's big monthly events all over the country starting sometime next year - he encourages the New England fans to stay tuned and pay attention to updates on that. (D+)

-Steel Cage Match
-Classic Rules - Pinfall or Submission Only
Bruno Sammartino defeats Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) in 14:43 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Bruno briefly leaves the ring, but then attacks Adrian Adonis, re-enters the cage, locks the door, and batters Piper for several more minutes to the delight of the crowd. (C+)

-Obviously, that's a huge rating for us in the New England region. Popularity will gain for us faster in New England and the Southeast, because so many wrestlers on my roster have overness in those two regions (from their prior work for the WWF, Georgia, Mid-South, etc.)

-Piper and Sammartino have now wrestled 4 times - Bruno has won the 2 cage matches, and Piper has won the 2 regular matches. This match wasn't as good as their Cage Clash match, but still a strong main event.

-Fritz blabbed a while about the 6-man-tag title tournament - it will take some time over the next few weeks to setup and complete. There will be some drama in terms of how the teams are formed backstage, and well as how everyone gets along in the ring. The format will be a little different - 2 pools, round robin format, winners of each "pool" competing in the championship match. Really just a chance to get everyone in the ring, trying out different combinations of teams, see what meshes, what doesn't.

-Fritz also hinted about the debut of PPV next year - as that feature is unlocked in the DOTT mod starting in 1985 (hopefully I can find a carrier)

-Hennig and Backlund blow away their TV match from last week with an A+ classic here. Backlund, along with Bruno, are obviously the two guys I will build these New England house shows around.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #669
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-As always, Adrian Adonis is exhausted after the last show. He's be stuck down the card and in full-time bodyguard role until he stops working for one of these other companies.

-Roddy Piper, who had been the Atlantic Grand-Prix International Heavyweight Champion, left that title vacant when he left that promotion last week (he now works only for us and Maple Leaf Wrestling). The Spoiler won that vacant title from Bob Orton Jr. That's his 31st wresting championship (many of those came with WCCW).

-Stampede Wrestling in Calgary has signed the Dynamite Kid, who had left them last December. Always pretty cool to see the game engine make moves like that. Stampede has a solid roster - their main eventers are Leo Burke, The Spoiler, and the Rougeau Brothers. They also have Tiger Mask, Bad News Allen, and the Harts (except Owen). Bret is the 5 time and current Stampede North American Heavyweight Champion (his current reign has lasted 2 years).

-I checked in on my promotion pacts for the first in a while:

-Working Agreement (can use talent trades): All Japan, Pacific Northwest, WWC, Mid-South, Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
-War (if one a promotion's worker signs with a warring promotion, he has to leave the old promotion): Southwest Championship Wrestling, Southeastern Championship Wrestling, UWA.

-I'm not sure what I did to enter war with the UWA, and I don't think I'm screwing with SWCW enough.

-There's 34 wrestlers on the roster. Only 9 were with WCCW when I took over 18 months ago (The Von Erich Brothers, King Kong Bundy, Iceman Parsons, The Great Kabuki, Jose Lothario). A lot of other guys though, were added shortly after the dynasty started and have been here ever since. Sadly, this dynasty has been going on for 18 months in real time as well, so I've almost exactly kept pace.

Last edited by molson : 09-17-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #670
molson
General Manager

TALENT TRADES

-I make two talent trades, trading guys who are out with storyline injuries to foreign promotions for 3-match runs, in exchange for two former WCCW guys.

-David Von Erich to All Japan for 3 Appearances, Ted Dibiase to WCCW.

-Koko B. Ware to Consejo in Mexico for Randy Savage.

-Both guys will probably have singles matches at the Texas Rumble at the end of the month (perhaps against each other).

Last edited by molson : 09-17-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #671
surlyc
n00b

It's a dangerous precedent to set, responding to calls for an update like that...
Old 09-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #672
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlyc View Post
It's a dangerous precedent to set, responding to calls for an update like that...

Definitely - but I appreciate the motivation.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #673
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 2, October 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,770; Ticket Prices: -$2 under default

-Pre Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Dusty Wolfe about his upcoming match with Mark Youngblood. (E+). Then, Hayes interviews Youngblood about the match. Youngblood also discusses his Native American heritage, and the proud history of Native Americans in professional wrestling. (E+).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mark Youngblood drew with Dusty Wolfe in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (E+). The match dragged in the middle

-Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring to start the show. He hypes the Texas Rumble event at the end of the month - 30 wrestlers, a new wrestler enters the match every two minutes. Brief highlights are shown of last year's event, won by Manny Fernandez. Fritz says that he expects a new WCCW leadership structure to be in place by next month, and that he's assuming an interim authority role in the meantime. Fritz also repeats his announcement from the Canton, MA show earlier in the week - that David, Mike, and Kevin have vacated the Six-Man Tag Team Championship due to David's injury, and for the last 48 hours, Fritz has been putting together a tournament for the vacant titles. He says that if any other wrestlers are interested in putting a team together and keeping, the deadline for applications is 2 weeks from tonight. Fritz says that 2 teams have already entered: Skandor Akbar's stable of The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff, and the team of The Great Kabuki, Tiger Mask, and Curt Hennig. Those two teams, said Fritz, will face off tonight in a preview of the tournament. (D+)

-Lance Russell interviews Mike Von Erich, who joins Russell and Hayes at the announce table. Mike says he's defending his Cruiserweight Championship at the Texas Rumble, against the winner of a 4-way, one-fall-to-a-finish match to take place right now. All four men will be in the ring at the same time. (D+)

-4-Corners match, One-Fall-To-A-Finish, All 4-Men in the Ring at the Same Time
-#1 Contender's Match for Cruiserweight Championship
Villano IV defeats Villano V, Owen Hart, and Steve Olsonoski in 6:34 when Villano IV pinned Olsonoski. The Villanos worked together throughout the match, and Villano V seemed happy about Villano IV's victory. (C). After the match, both Villanos confronted Mike at ringside, yelling at him in Spanish. (D).

-A lengthy video recaps the storyline involving David Von Erich, Bobby Eaton, and Koko B. Ware (including Eaton's tainted title win, and his confrontation with Kerry Von Erich last week). (B-)

-WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton cuts a promo backstage, claiming that he'll put the title on the line when he's good and ready, and once a worthy challenger emerges. (B)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton defeats Jose Lothario in 8:50 by pinfall. (C).

-Backstage, from a confrontation recorded earlier tonight, Skandor Akbar, Gary Hart, and Lord Alfred Hayes are seen arguing. Bob Backlund's name is mentioned, but the context isn't clear. (C). Back at the announce table, Lance Russell grills Lord Alfred Hayes on what he has to do with anything between Akbar, Hart, and Bob Backlund. Hayes seemed annoyed about the "roving camera" backstage, but then admits that he's been in "high level discussions" to manage Bob Backlund himself. Lance Russell is shocked. (C-).

-Curt Hennig, The Great Kabuki, and Tiger Mask are in the ring for their match, and Hennig cuts a promo. He says that he approached the tag team of Kabuki and Tiger Mask about entering the six-man tag team title tournament, and he feels that they are the team to beat. Kabuki's brawling, Tiger Mask's aerial offense, and Hennig's scientific wrestling make them the perfect combination. (C+)

-The Great Kabuki, Tiger Mask & Curt Hennig wrestled to a draw with The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) by double DQ after the referee lost control of the match, all six men were in the ring, and Akbar interfered. (B-). During the match, Russell hyped the six-man tag team tournament, noting that this is just the kind of craziness we're bound to see.

-Bruno Sammartino cuts a backstage promo with his son David by his side, hyping his upcoming match with Adrian Adonis. Sammartino notes that he beat up Roddy Piper in a steel cage a few days ago in Massachusetts, and he's anxious to do the same to Piper's redneck bodyguard tonight. Bruno repeated his desire for one more championship before he retired, and hinted that he might just get that opportunity in the 6-man tag team title tournament. (B-)

-Adrian Adonis defeated Bruno Sammartino (w/David Sammartino) in 11:31 by pinfall in a tainted victory, after botched interference from David (who got involved after Adonis tried to introduce a foreign object into the match). (B+)

-Non-Title Match
Kevin Von Erich defeated King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 7:33 by DQ, after Hart and Arturo Mendoza (Kevin's challenger for the title last week) interfered when Kevin had the iron claw on Bundy. (B-). A brief 3-1 attack ensued, before Mike and Kerry made the save for Kevin. The Von Erichs drove off Bundy and Mendoza, and briefly had Gary Hart cornered in the ring, before the heels pulled him to safety. (C+)

-This was kind of an uneventful, filler show, so I'm thrilled to get a B- rating here.

-The road agents think I "overused" Dusty Wolfe and Mark Youngblood. I feel bad for the fans that had to sit through a 10 minute draw between those two, even if it was the pre-show.

-Villano IV wins the title shot against Mike at the Texas Rumble - Villano V is higher up on the roster, but the younger Villano IV has better chemistry with Mike, so he gets the match. The four cruiserweights wrestled a decent match.

-I've decided on the format and participants of the six-man-tag team championship tournament. It will be pretty involved, and an opportunity to get a lot of guys ringtime (and payoffs), which should alleviate the backstage atmosphere, which has been an issue recently. It was good to see the random 6-man tag team match do so well here.

-So Eaton's shtick now is that he exclusively wrestles guys lower on the roster, in stark contrast to David's "fighting champion" reign. Meanwhile, Kevin is defending his TV title against all-comers (tonight's main even was non-title by error - we'll say that Bundy had to win tonight to get the title shot). Kevin will be soon be able to make the argument that his title is more prestigious than Eaton's World Title.

-Adonis gets a big win tonight against Bruno, albeit by tainted means.

-Lord Alfred Hayes put his name into the running of the Bob Backlund managerial sweepstakes. If my merchandise keeps making a lot of money, I'll be utilizing managers more. I always liked the Hayes character in the WWF, and thought he would have been a good manager there in the early-mid 80s.

-The Von Erich are working into the middle of the long-time feud between Kabuki/Tiger Mask and Mendoza/Bundy/Gary Hart. Kevin has faced Bundy and Mendoza the last two weeks, and Kerry/Kevin defended their tag titles against the two at Fall Star Wars.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #674
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ticket prices under default price - that is unusual for WCCW. Is this indicative of a tougher economy at this stage in the game? Sagging approval rankings at home?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #675
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-For their talent trade runs, I've assigned Ted Dibiase as an upper midcard heel (reprising his "high society" gimmick), and Randy Savage as a midcard heel (with his "macho madness" gimmick). No idea what I'm going to do with either guy yet. I also just noticed that I actually only contracted both guys for one appearance each.

-Adrian Adonis is notably NOT exhausted after the last show. That's a nice change.

-Dick Murdoch signed with Mid-South. After being on the shelf unemployed for almost a year, he's signed with us, Mid-South, and Georgia over the last few months. He's on his way to being one of the biggest stars in this universe.

-The TV show gets a 3.23 rating - once again, that's a new record, shattering last week's all time high of 3.16. The TV shows of the AWA, Georgia, and the WWF are still higher than ours, but hopefully our success will lead to a better time slot when negotiations start for the new TV season next month.

-Curt Hennig was late for the show. I believe this is a first offense for him, so I give him a warning.

-I made a flurry of negotiation requests for guys who might be suitable as commissioners/road agents. I filtered my search for guys who have at least B+ ratings in both Psychology and Respect (the two important stats for a road agent). Some of the guys who fit that criteria were: Ray Stevens, Pat Patterson, Mr. Wrestling II, Dutch Mantell, Ole Anderson, The Missouri Mauler, Tom Renesto, and Ricky Romero.

-Before those negotiations kick off, I try to talk to Stan Hansen, who's always been too expensive for me. He still is, as Fritz caps my offer at $2,992/show, and Hansen wants $3,768/show. So I'm not close. I would love to have Hansen in as a long-term monster heel world champion, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. My only hope is that he gets too expensive for everyone and spends sometime unemployed to bring down his asking price, but currently, he's still wrestling for Georgia (where he's a co-holder of the National Tag Team Champions with Buzz Sawyer).

-Curt Hennig, Steve Olsonoski, Mark Youngblood, Perry Jackson, and Bruno Sammartino all complain about their push. I'll deal with them all at the end of the month. It's going to be hard to keep Hennig out of the main event seen much longer though, he's already wrestling A+ matches.

-Pat Patterson refuses my request for negotiations, citing his loyalty to the WWF, where he's still listed as a "semi-active" wrestler, though he's only wrestled twice so far in 1984. Dutch Mantell also turns me down, since he already works for three companies (AWA, Georgia, and Pacific Northwest).

-I do however, have negotiations with Mr. Wrestling II. He wants $2,125/show, for 18 months, and a 10% share of his merchandise revenue. He has "A" psychology, and "A" Respect, and would thus make pretty much the perfect road agent. He also has B- Charisma and mic skills, and is a southern wrestling legend ("A" popularity in Texas), so he'd be a good on-air commissioner as well. At 47-years old, he also still considers himself an active wrestler - he's a main event face for Mid-South (where he's a current co-holder of the tag team championship), and an Upper Midcard face for Georgia (where he's a 10-time former Georgia Heavyweight Champion). He certainly brings a lot to table, so I bring him in.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #676
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Ticket prices under default price - that is unusual for WCCW. Is this indicative of a tougher economy at this stage in the game? Sagging approval rankings at home?

-I was going to mention that in my show notes - yes, this was the lowest projected attendance I've seen for a Texas show (4,770). Therefore, I dropped the default ticket price a shade to sell out the 5,000 seat venue.

-My popularity in Texas has slowly declined throughout the dynasty, I think just because it's nearly impossible to maintain high popularity over time. (and the current bad economy doesn't help things). I'm "C+" now in Texas, which means that I need a B- show to maintain my popularity, and B rated shows to actually improve it. Of course, my average is around a B-, so I think this is where my popularity in Texas stabilizes. I don't worry about it too much, because my popularity is shooting up everywhere else in the country thanks to my national TV, and regional house shows. Once I get around C+ everywhere, then I really have to figure out how to pull off B and B+ rated shows, to get to "national" status level.

-I figure that once I get C+ national popularity, I can bring in the guys like Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen to make that last push.

Last edited by molson : 09-20-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #677
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-News of Progress on the DOTT mod for TEW08 has been slow, and today I saw this posted over there:

"The simple fact is that D Boon indeed is way too busy with real life circumstances to work on DOTT, so the project is currently in my hands. Unfortunately, D Boon lost most of the work he had did due to his virtual Windows dying... and thus we're left with the converted data I have with some other work done.

What I'm looking to do is to post the data that I have so far, as a "beta" of sorts, to allow those that are interested to test and help get the work done on a promotion-by-promotion basis. I'm not going to hand it out to just any Tom, Dick or Harry though, so only reply if you're serious."

-So whatever is eventually released is bound to be pretty sloppy, at least at first. So I'm not stopping this dynasty anytime soon.

-I've tweaked some gimmicks after getting road agent notes that some guys were getting stale:

-The Sheepherders have switched from "maniac" gimmicks to "wild men". Not much of a change, both gimmicks are under the "brute" subset that both Sheepherders are highly rated in. "Wild man" is considered slightly "riskier" than "maniac" in terms of edgy content.

-Kerry had been going with a cowboy gimmick since his return from hiatus, but that's already stale. The best gimmick fits with him all require more time off screen, so I compromise a little and set him as a less-exciting "man on a mission". No, that's not Mo & Mable, that's quite literally a man with one intense goal, which makes some sense now based on his challenge to Bobby Eaton.

-I change Fritz from a "Personality" to an "Authority Figure", and his gimmick from "Da Bruiser" to "Grizzled Veteran".

-Mike Von Erich moves from "sidekick" (which was very highly rated from him), to "underdog"

-Iceman Parsons is tweaked from "Blue Chipper" to "People's Champion". (Again, since I'm not willing to take Parsons off-screen right now, I don't use other gimmicks that might have made a better fit)

-Also, I've switched Randy Savage to a face for his one-shot loan contract match with us - he'll face Ted Dibaise at the Texas Rumble, to ensure I have maximum star power in the Rumble itself. (I'd love to put guys on loan contract in the Rumble match itself, but a TEW bug prevents that - they refuse to take part in an hour-long match for a borrowing company, even though they obviously wouldn't actually have to be in the ring that long in this type of match).

Last edited by molson : 09-24-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:49 PM   #678
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, October 1984
Rochester, MN (Midwest - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,890 Ticket prices: $1 under Default
Actual Attendance: 1,931

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Perry Jackson & Barry Orton defeat Jose Lothario & Mark Youngblood in 7:41 when Jackson pinned Youngblood. (D-). Lothario looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Bruno Sammartino (w/David Sammartino) defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:24 by submission (C-). Sammartino looked good. After the match, Bruno cut a promo, hyping his son's match tonight with Roddy Piper, and warning Adrian Adonis not to get involved (C+)

-Roddy Piper & Adrian Adonis came to the ring for the match, with Piper cutting a promo, mocking David for his lack of success thus far in WCCW. (C).

-Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) defeats David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 4:47 by DQ after Bruno lost his temper and attacked Adonis, then Piper. Piper appeared to have the match in control, and was dominating at the time of Bruno's interference. (D). David was limited by injury. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, the 4 men brawled in and around the ring for several minutes, until separated by security. (C-). As Piper and Adonis made their way back to the dressing room, both cut additional promos, yelling at the Sammartinos, with Piper vowing to "finish off" Bruno for good. (C). David Sammartino was "very underwhelming" in this segment.

-WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton came to the ring and cut a promo hyping himself and his title reign. Eaton wasn't in full heel mode here, since he's a main event babyface for the Minnesota-based AWA. (B)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton defeated Tiger Mask in 13:49 by pinfall. (C+)

-Kevin & Kerry Von Erich came to the ring and hyped their upcoming WCCW World Tag Team Title defense. Kerry's gimmick change didn't go over very well. (C-). Skandor Akbar came out to ringside with the challengers, The Sheepherders, and hyped the match as well. (C-)

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) in 10:09 when Kerry pinned Miller (despite interference from Skandor Akbar). (C-). The Von Erichs make their 3rd defense of the tag team titles.

-Fritz Von Erich came to the ring to cut a general hype promo for WCCW, thanking the Minnesota fans for coming out. (D).

-Curt Hennig came to the ring to hype his upcoming main event match with Bob Backlund - the match will be a 30-minute Iron Man match, where the man who wins the most falls in the 30 minutes wins the match. Hennig notes that he has wrestled Backlund twice, and Backlund hasn't defeated him yet. Hennig also puts over his home-state fans as the best in wrestling - he says he's not going to say anything bad about his former Minnesota-based employer, but that he moved on to WCCW only because he felt he could face better competition there, with tonight being a prime example. (B+)

-Bob Backlund came to the ringside area to cut a promo as well, claiming that he's the greatest wrestler ever to come out of Minnesota, and that by leaving the state about a decade earlier than Hennig, he proved that he was also the smartest wrestler ever from Minnesota. (C+)

-30-minute Iron Man Match
Bob Backlund drew with Curt Hennig in 30:00 after neither man was able to make a pinfall or submission. (A+). Lord Alfred Hayes, Gary Hart, and Skandor Akbar all interfered at various points during the match on behalf of Backlund, all seemingly trying to win his favor.

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS

-Huge show rating, obviously carried by the main event. I hadn't been to the midwest for a while, it was a no-brainer to continue the Hennig/Backlund mini-feud there with another time limit draw. Hennig is the most over wrestler in the midwest on the entire roster. Since the dynasty started, he won the AWA TV Title twice, and the AWA Tag Team Championship (w/Paul Orndorff), before leaving the AWA in August. The result of all of that is a 26-year old Hennig who is much further along in this universe than he was in real life at the same time.

-The main event was so good, it overshadowed the rest of the card that left a lot to be desired. I definitely expected more out of Bobby Eaton/Tiger Mask, especially considering that Eaton is an AWA mainstay (and in fact, is the current AWA TV Champion - he had defeated Rick Martel, who in turn defeated Hennig for the title). Tiger Mask, on the other hand, isn't very well known in the midwest, so perhaps that kept the match rating down.

-The tag team title match wasn't that great either. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage to Kerry with that subtle gimmick change.

-The Sammartinos v. Adonis/Piper feud flared up again on the undercard - I don't think David Sammartino is salvageable, but I won't know for sure until after his injury heals.

-I'm going to keep Perry Jackson/Barry Orton together as a regular tag team. They'll job to everyone as singles guys, but have more success against makeshift lower-card face teams.

Last edited by molson : 09-24-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #679
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Adrian Adonis, Bob Backlund, and Roddy Piper are exhausted after the last show.

-Ole Anderson has rejected my negotiation request - he's focusing on Georgia.

-Four other guys do accept my negotiation requests for a road agent/authority figure/manager role. With Mr. Wrestling II now in the fold, I can be a little picky here.

-Ricky Romero is the father of the Youngblood brothers, and was a big star in Texas and California in the 70s. He wants $1,025/show. That's pretty reasonable considering some of his skill ratings - A+ the wrestling basics, B+ in Psychology, A in respect. He has average "entertainment" skills, so he appears to be more of a backstage guy. I sign him.

-Larry Hamilton, aka "The Missouri Mauler" has similarly excellent road agent attributes. He's also a locker room leader, "very nice", and has a professional attitude. He only wants $775/show, so I bring him in for some kind of trial run. Not sure what he'll do.

-Tom Renesto was a big star in the 60s, and is now 56 years old. He has somewhat better charisma/mic skills than the other guys, but he wants to be paid for them - $1,450/show. I take a pass on him at that price.

-Finally, Ray Stevens appears to the be the best bargain of the bunch. A+ in the Basics, A+ Psychology, B Respect, A Charisma, B Mic Skills, B Star Quality. The only downside is that he retired from wrestling late last year after losing the WWF Heavyweight Championship. (He actually ended Bob Backlund's reign in this universe). Way too much good stuff there to pass up considering his reasonable asking price of $1,675/show, and a 10% share of his merchandise revenue, so I bring him in.

-So that's 4 old guys I brought in over the last week or two: Mr. Wrestling II, Ray Stevens, Ricky Romero, and The Mississippi Mauler. I'm leaning towards using Romero as a road agent (and possibly firing one of my current agents, JR Foley or Bronco Lubich). I see the Mauler as maybe a manager for lower-card heels, leaving the elite level guys to Akbar and Hart. Stevens and Mr. Wrestling II would both make great on-air commissioners, but since Mr. Wrestling II can still wrestle, I'm leaning towards letting him wrestle for a while, and using Stevens as commissioner. OR, maybe Backlund spurns all the WCCW managers and brings in the man who defeated him for the WWF title to lead his career instead. Lots of possibilities.

Last edited by molson : 09-25-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #680
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 3, October 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,770; Ticket Prices: -$1 under default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Perry Jackson defeated Dusty Wolfe in 5:53 by pinfall (D+). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Jackson about his victory. Jackson was playing up his 70s gimmick. (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Mark Youngblood in 4:51 by pinfall (B-). The two showed great chemistry. Miller looked good. After the match, Miller left for the dressing room, as Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Akbar about his client. (C+). Akbar says that the Sheepherders are stronger than ever, as proven here by Miller, and as will be proven later tonight, when Luke Williams challenges Kevin Von Erich for the TV Title. (C+)

-As the show starts, Gary Hart interrupts the opening comments by Lance Russell. (B-). Hart says that he has been informed by "interim authority" Fritz Von Erich that the main event tonight will be Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki vs. his team of King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza. Hart says that Fritz is overstepping his bounds, accuses him of delaying any transfer of power in WCCW, and finally, says that Bundy & Mendoza have dealt with Kabuki & Tiger Mask for months now, and he's sick of them, and ready to move on to better things. He also hypes his team as the next World Tag Team Champions (B-).

-In the ring, Skandor Akbar stands with his client, Nikita Koloff. Akbar yells to Hart to shut up so the show can start. Hart's mic is cut off as he yells at Akbar. Akbar moves on, and hypes Koloff's 3-minute challenge, a challenge that no American has been able to successfully accomplish. (B-). Suddenly, Akbar is interrupted by the Road Warriors, who approach the ring. As is the case whenever The Road Warriors approach Akbar or the The Sheepherders, they are surrounded by nervous-looking WCCW security. Akbar yells that these aren't the contracted challengers for Koloff. The Road Warriors say that they have no issue with Koloff. They're there to confront Akbar. The Road Warriors say Akbar and The Sheepherders have ducked them all year, and they're again demanding a match. The Road Warriors then enter the ring, where they're separated from Akbar by security, and Koloff who is wielding his Russian Chain. Akbar stares down the Road Warriors, and very condescendingly, explains to the Road Warriors that "this is a business". Akbar claims that if The Road Warriors can make it worth it to Akbar financially, they'll get their match with The Sheepherders. The Road Warriors seem somewhat pleased by this answer (as this is the first offer Akbar has ever made regarding a potential match with The Sheepherders), and slowly leave the ringside area. (C+)

-Once order is restored, Skandor Akbar introduces Nikita Koloff's opponent tonight in his 3-minute challenge - Al Perez

-3-Minute Challenge
Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Al Perez in 2:46 by pinfall. (C).

-The Road Warriors defeat Doug Somers & The Missouri Mauler in 5:03 when Animal pinned Somers. (C+). The announcers were very surprised by the appearance of the Mauler here - they recite some of his past credentials, and note that he's been out of wrestling for several years. While in the ring with the Road Warriors, he holds his own. Animal looked good.

-Villanos IV & V defeat Jose Lothario & Owen Hart in 6:25 when Villano IV pinned Hart. (D+) During the match, Gary Hart wandered down to ringside to watch the action. After the match, Gary Hart enters the ring and addresses the Villanos. He tells them that, as they know, he's scouted them in the past. He says he still doesn't think they're ready to bring on as full time clients, though they're clearly making progress. However, Hart says, he comes today with an opportunity. He proposes a team for the upcoming six-man-tag-team championship tournament - the Villanos, and their brother, the former Villano III and Gary Hart's current client, Arturo Mendoza. Hart says he'd manage the team, and that if the Villanos can win the tournament, he'll take them on as full time clients. The Villanos readily agree, and shake hands with Hart. (C-)

-Bob Backlund defeats David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 4:59 by pinfall. (B-). Once again, prospective managers Gary Hart, Lord Alfred Hayes, and Skandor Akbar all hung around ringside giving Backlund support. Here, however, they were more reluctant to interfere, with Bruno Sammartino at ringside. David was limited by injury. David and Backlund showed great chemistry. Backlund looked good. After the win, Backlund celebrated, as he was congratulated by all three potential managers, who egged him on, while arguing with each other. (B+)

-Backstage, Kevin Von Erich cut a promo hyping his upcoming TV title defense against Luke Williams. Kevin notes that unlike World Champion Bobby Eaton, he's a fighting champion. (B-)

Kevin Von Erich defeats Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar) in 8:31 by submission to make his 5th defense of the title. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Gary Hart entered the ring again, to address Kevin. He congratulates Kevin on his win, and says that he had no doubt that Kevin would retain against such a poorly managed brute like Williams. Hart further buttered Kevin up - saying that he agreed with Kevin about being a fighting champion. In fact, Gary Hart says, he considers Kevin's TV title most prestigious championship in WCCW. And since World Champion Bobby Eaton is not defending his title at the Texas Rumble next Saturday night, Gary Hart suggests that Kevin put his title on the line in the main event. Kevin responds, asking Hart if he's challenging him on behalf of King Kong Bundy or Arturo Mendoza, pointing out that he's already defeated both of them the last two weeks. Hart says no - he's put together this contract offer on behalf of a potential client. A man who he doesn't manage YET, but would be in the corner of for this particular match - Bob Backlund. Further, Hart says, this match wouldn't be limited to the standard 10 minute TV Title Time limit. In fact, it would be quite the opposite - a one hour Iron Man Match for the WCCW TV Title. Hart says that if Kevin merely SURVIVED a match like that for the title, he would clearly establish himself as the top champion in WCCW. Kevin says that Hart's a good salesman, and he accepts the challenge. Hart gives Kevin the contract to sign, which he does. (B-) Moments after signing it, Bob Backlund hits the ring in a clear attempt to sneak attack Kevin. Kevin however, sees Backlund coming out of the corner of his eye, and repels the attack, sending Backlund to the floor. Hart, wary of Kevin's temper, motions quickly for Backlund to return to the back, which he does. (B).

-Dick Murdoch defeats Steve Olsonoski in 8:54 by pinfall. (C+) Murdoch looked good. After the match, Murdoch cut a quick promo, hyping his chances in next Saturday night's Texas Rumble. He points out his victory in the Battle Royal at Cage Clash. (C+)

-Lance Russell interviews Fritz Von Erich, who has a couple of announcements. First, he says 3 additional teams have signed up for the Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament, joining Tiger Mask, The Great Kabuki & Curt Hennig, and The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff. As we heard tonight, Gary Hart has entered The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza. Also signing up - Jose Lothario, Steve Olsonoski, & Al Perez, and Iceman Parsons & The Sammartinos. Next week is the deadline for any additional teams that want to enter. Also, Fritz says that he'll make a major announcement about the future of WCCW in two weeks. (C-)

-Arturo Mendoza & King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeated The Great Kabuki & Tiger Mask in 9:46 by DQ. Hart had interfered in the match, and The Great Kabuki responded by spraying the green mist at Bundy. The referee only saw the latter, and DQ'd Kabuki. (B). Also during the wild match, Villanos IV and V, in attempt to impress Hart, interfered on behalf of Hart's team.

THOUGHTS

-This was kind of a strange show - no real "main event" matches or angles, but it had quantity. This was probably also the most involved Gary Hart has been in any show I've booked, and he delivered.

-The main event probably saved the show, I probably should have left a little more time for it. This feud is really making all four-guys, even though there haven't been any actual storylines in it for a while (since Kabuki left Hart, and Tiger Mask took off Mendoza's mask).

-So it will be Kevin v. Backlund w/Gary Hart for the TV Title in the main event of Texas Rumble in an 60-minute Iron Man Match. I have no idea if Kevin can go 60-minutes, but I liked the idea of everyone being on the same page about Bobby Eaton's title reign and trying to elevate the TV Title. Eaton wasn't around tonight to weigh in on this but I suppose he's pissed.

-I was pretty shocked that Backlund was able to drag David Sammartino to a B-. That was easily David's best match ever. I was even more shocked to see Butch Miller drag Mark Youngblood to a B- match on the pre-show.

-I used the 53-year old Missouri Mauler in the ring tonight only because I ran out of lower heels to team with Somers. He'll take on Somers as a client, but won't be back in the ring very often, if at all.

-The Road Warriors/Sheepherders storyline has really fizzled in the ratings department because I haven't advanced it quickly enough. The Sheepherders have been hiding from the Road Warriors since March. But now, they finally seem to have an opening - they just need to come up with enough cash and Akbar will "sacrifice" his team to them.

Last edited by molson : 09-30-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #681
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I've assigned Ricky Romero as a road agent, which gives me 3 total with Bronco Lubich and JR Foley. The Missouri Mauler is assigned as a manager, and I keep my options open on Mr. Wresting II and Ray Stevens, assigning both as "personalities". I do know what I'm going to do with them, and they'll debut after The Texas Rumble.

-Steve Olsonoski was late for the last show. Who in the hell does he think he is. I fine him.

-Bob Backlund is exhausted after the last show. I'll have to give him a break before next Saturday night's Iron Man Match. I've already advertised him for a match at the Monday house show, but I'll give him the Wednesday TV show off.

-The TV show gets a 3.15 rating. That ends our streak of all-time highs, but it's still very high (I broke 3.0 each of the last few weeks, it's the first time I've been that high). I'm looking forward to the upcoming TV negotiations.

-Ted, the wrestling bear, has returned from his hiatus. I'm so confused. But I do request negotiations with the bear. While he doesn't have very good mic skills, he does shine in other areas: A Looks, A Intensity, A+ Menace, A+ Toughness, A Power.

-Bad News Allen and The Dynamite Kid won the vacant Stampede Wrestling International Tag Team Championship, defeating Bret & Bruce Hart. The championships had been declared vacant after Ray Rougeau of the Rougeau Brothers left the company.

-Jerry Stubs won the top title in Georgia Championship Wrestling, the National Heavyweight Championship, defeating Buzz Sawyer. Sawyer has had a hell of a year - he's still the AWA World Champion.

-In other big news, Sgt. Slaughter (as a heel) won the WWF Championship from Larry Zbyszko.

-Curt Hennig, Bruno Sammartino, Steve Olsonoski, and Mark Youngblood renew their complaints. Olsonoski might complain his way right out of WCCW. Mr. Wrestling II is also unhappy with his "personality" role - he thinks he should be a main event wrestler.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #682
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, October 1984
Kansas City, MO (Midwest - Very Small Venue ??)
Expected Attendance: 1,890 Ticket prices: $1 under Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bruno and David Sammartino cut a promo hyping their individual matches on the pre-show: David faces Adrian Adonis and Bruno faces Villano V. They also hyped the upcoming six-man tag team championship tournament, where they will team with Iceman Parsons. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Adrian Adonis defeated David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 5:44 by pinfall. (C) David was limited by injury. Adonis looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Bruno Sammartino defeated Villano V in 7:46 by submission (C+)

-The Missouri Mauler comes to the ring with Doug Somers, Barry Orton, and Perry Jackson. The Mauler puts over the trio as "hungry" young wrestlers looking for a break, and says that he will help them meet their potential. He also announced that he has entered the trio in the six-man-tag team championship tournament. (D+).

-3 v. 2 Handicap Match
The Road Warriors drew with Barry Orton, Perry Jackson, & Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C-). The heels celebrated after the match as if they won - their strategy was clearly to survive the 10:00 to get the draw. The Road Warriors looked good. After the match, The Road Warriors, frustrated by the celebration of the heels, attacked all 4 men. (D). Afterwards, the Road Warriors cut a promo, hyping themselves and referencing their on-going desire to get a tag-team match with The Sheepherders. They note that Skandor Akbar has promised them a match if they could come up with enough money, and they claim they're on track to do just that, thanks to a "business deal". (C+)

-Gary Hart came out with his team of King Kong Bundy and Arturo Mendoza. He hyped their match tonight for the World Tag Team Championship with the Von Erichs. (C-). The Von Erichs came out and also cut a promo, hyping the match. Kevin also hyped his TV title defense in the main event of this Saturday's Texas Rumble event against Hart's temporary and prospective client, Bob Backlund. (C-).

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich defeat King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) in 9:58 by DQ after Gary Hart was caught passing Mendoza a steel chair. (C+). The Von Erichs make their 4th defense of the tag team titles. Kerry seemed off his game, Mendoza looked good.

-Lane Russell hypes the main event to the fans - a triple threat match: Curt Hennig v. Bob Backlund v. Dick Murdoch. He notes Backlund's "free agent" status, and says that Gary Hart, Skandor Abkar, and Lord Alfred Hayes are all present tonight and all vying for Backlund as a full-time client. (D+)

-Curt Hennig came out to cut a promo hyping tonight's main event. He notes that he's defeated both of his opponents tonight before, and that a win tonight, against both of them, would be the biggest of his career. (B). Gary Hart came out with Bob Backlund, and cut a promo hyping Backlund's chances tonight, and at the main event of the Texas Rumble. He also stated that while he already has one team entered into the six-man-tag team championship tournament (Arturo Mendoza & The Villanos), he's working on putting together a second, "dream team" of wrestlers. (D+).

-Triple Threat Match
-One Fall to a Finish
Bob Backlund (w/Gary Hart) defeats Curt Hennig and Dick Murdoch in 35:13 when Backlund made Murdoch submit. (A+) Hart had managed to get Backlund & Murdoch to work together, double teaming Hennig for most of the match. Once Hennig was eliminated as a real threat, Backlund and Murdoch spent the rest of the match facing off against each other. After the match, Hart encouraged Backlund to shake hands with Murdoch, which he did. (B-). He then ordered Backlund & Murdoch to attack the fallen Hennig, which they did for several minutes. (B-). The three heels walked out together.

Overall Show Rating: B+

THOUGHTS:

-Wow, a spectacular rating carried by an A+ main event.

-Gary Hart hyped a "dream team" of wrestlers he's trying to put together to enter the six-man-tag team championship match. His efforts on this show to make sure Backlund & Murdoch worked together makes the identity of 2/3 of that team clear. Six teams have been announced as of tonight for the tournament, and Hart's dream team will make seven.

-Hennig is ridiculous. A big issue for WCCW is main event-caliber faces - how does one find enough time for them with the Von Erichs in town? He'll definitely have to turn heel eventually.

-The Missouri Mauler debuted (in Missouri) as the manger of Perry Jackson, Barry Orton, and Doug Somers. That will give all 3 guys a slight boost (as evidenced by their draw against the Road Warriors tonight), but they'll still be low on the card.

-Not sure why I only had 1,000 show up tonight - I'm assuming I just accidentally chose the wrong-sized venue.

Last edited by molson : 09-28-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #683
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Adrian Adonis & Bob Backlund are exhausted after the last show. I'll give Backlund the TV show off this week to prepare for his Iron Man Match with Kevin at the Texas Rumble

-Ted, the wrestling bear, wants $100/show. So I bring him in. He has F- popularity everywhere, so he's not going to make any kind of real impact on anything....but ya, now I have a wrestling bear on my roster.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #684
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, October 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) defeats Al Perez in 3:37 by pinfall. (C). Somers has good chemistry with the Mauler. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviews the Mauler about his client. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Dusty Wolfe in 6:38 by submission. (C-). Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Mike, (and he noted that Mike seemed to struggle during the match). Mike also hyped his Cruiserweight Title Defense at the Texas Rumble Saturday night against Villano IV. (C-)

-The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons in 8:50 when Koloff pinned David Sammartino. (C+). The announcers hype the match as another preview of the six-man tag team championship tournament, which starts next week. David was limited by injury. After the match, Akbar hypes his clients, and notes that The Sheepherders have been a part of a six-man championship tag team in the past, so they should be considered the favorites in this tournament. Lance Russell also asked Akbar a question - did he really say last week that The Road Warriors could potentially pay their way into a match with The Sheepherders? Akbar says it's all about making money. (C+). The Sheepherders appear slightly annoyed by Akbar's comments. Finally, Akbar addresses Bob Backlund. Akbar predicts that Backlund will lose his TV Championship match against Kevin this Saturday night, because Gary Hart can't help him discover his "killer instinct" like Akbar could. Akbar then says he's put an offer on the table for Backlund's services as a full-time client, and predicts that the offer will look very attractive to Backlund after Saturday night (B+)

Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki defeat Barry Orton & Perry Jackson (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 5:54 when Tiger Mask pinned Jackson. (C+). Tiger Mask & Kabuki looked good. Immediately after the match, Gary Hart's team of King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza hit the ring and attacked the winners, leaving them laying after a couple of King Kong Bundy splashes (C+)

-After a commercial break, Gary Hart cut a promo backstage. Lance Russell reminds Hart that last week, he told everyone that Bundy and Mendoza were "done" with Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki. Hart says that's still true, this was just a friendly reminder of Bundy & Mendoza's dominance. He also says that his team will be looking for Tiger Mask & Kabuki in the Texas Rumble match, and will again make them pay for all the trouble they've caused him. (B-)

-Lance Russell then introduces the unique concept of the next match. It will be a 4-corners elimination match - the first wrestler eliminated will be given the #1 position at Saturday's Texas Rumble, and the winner of the match will earn the #30 spot.

-4-Corners Elimination Match.
Dick Murdoch defeats Adrian Adonis, Kerry Von Erich, and Jose Lothario in 11:47. (B) Lothario was pinned by Murdoch, Adonis was pinned by Kerry, and then Murdoch pinned Kerry. Lothario was tiring towards the end of the match. Lothario will be #1 at the Texas Rumble, Murdoch (whom the announcers hyped was already the favorite before this match), will be #30.

-Lance Russel introduces and then shows a short hype video showing a training session of "Ted", the wrestling bear (C).

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton defeats Mark Youngblood in 5:50 by pinfall. (C-). Eaton looked good.

-Gary Hart comes to the ring. He says that if any in attendance tonight were in Kansas City earlier in the week, they would have heard that he's been putting together a "dream team" of wrestlers to compete in the upcoming Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament. He says that the deal is done, he'll be managing this team for the duration of the tournament, and that after that, he intends to bring all members into his stable as champions. As he introduces the team members one at a time, they come to the ring. First, Hart introduces the man that he'll manage in the main event of the Texas Rumble, Bob Backlund. Then, Hart introduces the favorite to win win the Texas Rumble, Dick Murdoch. Finally, Hart introduces his current client, and largest man in WCCW, King Kong Bundy. Hart hypes this "dream team", and his superiority as the greatest manager in WCCW. (C+)

-After a commercial break, Fritz notes the entry of Hart's 2nd team in the tournament, and he also hypes the addition of a 7th and final team - The Mississippi Mauler's entry of Doug Somers, Perry Jackson, & Barry Orton. Fritz also hypes next week's "major announcement" regarding the future of WCCW. (C-).

-Lance Russell notes that with the tournament field complete, the format has been set. The tournament will be a grueling test of survival, starting next week with a sudden death "play-in match". Then the remaining 6-teams will be divided into two groups, where each team will wrestle the other two teams twice. The ultimate "winners" of each group will face off for the championship. A series of graphics lay out the format:

WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament:

Jose Lothario, Al Perez & Steve Olsonoski v. Doug Somers, Barry Orton & Perry Jackson.

-Main Tournament

GROUP A:
-The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons
-The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff
-The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza

GROUP B:
-Opening Match "Sudden Death Winner"
-Dick Murdoch, Bob Backlund, & King Kong Bundy
-Tiger Mask, The Great Kabuki, & Curt Hennig

(Each team to face the others in it's group twice. 3 points for a pinfall/submission victory, 2 points for a DQ/Countout victory, 1 point for a draw. Winner of each group to face off for the championship).

-Curt Hennig cuts a backstage promo hyping his upcoming main event match with Roddy Piper. Hennig says that's aiming to go through everyone on the roster until Eaton HAS to give him a title shot. (B-)

-Curt Hennig defeats Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) by DQ in 16:34. Adonis interfered throughout the match. (B-).

Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS

-Ouch, I don't get that show rating at all. I thought maybe that I forgot to book an advertised match, but I'm not getting that error match. What the hell?

-Hennig has now defeated Murdoch, Backlund, and Piper. That's every main event heel except for Eaton. B- is almost a disappointment for Hennig/Piper.

-The Six-Man Tag Team Tournament is slightly convoluted, but I wanted to do something a little different. The idea is that none of these teams have been together very often, so they'll have to wrestle a total of 5 matches in this format to prove how good they are. Each of the teams has something of a storyline behind it, I'll get into that stuff as the tournament progresses.

-It's good to see that Doug Somers is a good fit with the Missouri Mauler - I haven't seen that road agent note very often. He'll be a solid lower midcard guy for now.

-The match of the night was the 4-corners match.

-Akbar appears ready and willing to sacrifice The Sheepherders to the Road Warriors for a few bucks. If only The Road Warriors can somehow come up with the cash.

-Eaton's match with Mark Youngblood was pretty bad. While that's mostly Youngblood's fault, Eaton's definitely not the most qualified guy to hold the title. That's part of the storyline though - he lucked into the belt, and now he's desperate to hang out to it for as long as possible. He's never wrestled higher than a "B" rated 1-on-1 match (and he's only gotten even that high a couple of times)

Last edited by molson : 10-03-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:41 AM   #685
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Jerry Stubbs defeated Buzz Sawyer to win the AWA World Title. Stubbs is also the current National Heavyweight Champion in Georgia, and a co-holder of the tag team championship in Portland Championship Wrestling. Stubbs is a guy who isn't on my radar in terms of real-life knowledge, but he's done really well in this universe.

-Also, The Spoiler defeated Bret Hart to win the top title in Calgary Stampede Wrestling, the North American Championship. Hart had held the title for almost exactly 2 years.

-Finally, Iron Mike Sharp defeated Bill Irwin for his 2nd Mid-South TV Title.

-The news wasn't as good for a bunch of Mid-South wrestlers that were let go in a cost-cutting move: Matt Borne, Terry Taylor, Billy Jack Haynes, and Tiger Conway Jr. The first 3 are all very good talents, but I'm not hiring at the moment.

-The contracts of Villanos IV and V are up in a few days, so I enter into negotiations. I've already planned to use them in the six-man tag team tournament, but I'll replace them if their demands are too crazy. But 19-year old Villano IV signs for $750/show, a slight raise from his current $650/show deal. Villano V wants a little more, but I sign for $950/show, up form his current $625/show deal.

-The TV show delivered a 3.17 rating. Same as last week.

-Ted The Wrestling Bear "was noticeably isolated backstage at the last show, as nobody speaks his language. This could cause some problems is left unchecked." Personally, I think the bear should be isolated.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 AM   #686
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: Jerry Stubbs
Jerry Stubbs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although I remember him mostly from his mid/late 70's midcard days in Georgia Championship, he's actually more notable as the original "Mr Perfect", as well as his masked run as Mr. Olympia. He then went on to tag with a variety of other names from the era, including Arn Anderson, Tony Anthony, and Ted DiBiase.

Overall a pretty solid guy, albeit one who I appreciate more now than I did then.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #687
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm disappointed for all of the wrestlers who had matches that lagged behind the "wrestling bear". Anyone who has that happen on a semi-consistent basis should probably start looking into alternative career choices.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #688
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

This thread deserves to be made into a readable .pdf for all to download.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #689
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm disappointed for all of the wrestlers who had matches that lagged behind the "wrestling bear". Anyone who has that happen on a semi-consistent basis should probably start looking into alternative career choices.

I'm really hoping some random in-game relationships involving the bear pop up. I'd be interested to see who befriends him, or god forbid, starts a relationship with him (not sure if Missy Hyatt is in this universe yet)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #690
molson
General Manager

Some historical info on Ted the Wrestling Bear, if you're interested (there's also some youtube videos out there).

Terrible Ted

I'll probably just do a few months of video clips to build up his popularity, and then maybe put him in the ring with Gary Hart or Skandor Akbar.

Last edited by molson : 10-02-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #691
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
This thread deserves to be made into a readable .pdf for all to download.

Agreed.

I'm not even much of a wrestling fan and I love this dynasty.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #692
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Texas Rumble
Saturday, Week 4, October 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 3,958 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Mike Von Erich cuts a promo hyping his upcoming title defense against Villano IV. He notes that it was Villano IV he defeated to start his first Cruiserweight Title reign, in the finals of the tournament to crown the first champion earlier this year. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeated Villano IV by submission in 7:06 despite the interference from Villano V. (C+) Mike, who was tiring towards the end of the match. makes his 4th defense of the title. The two showed great chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment.
Ted, the Wrestling Bear, came out with his trainer to perform a series of feats of strength and skill. (F-)

-As the show starts, Lance Russell interviews Ted Dibiase about his upcoming match with Randy Savage. After bragging about his great wealth, Dibiase says he's back in WCCW for one night only, and says that while he was around, he was fortunate enough to make what will be a very lucrative business deal. He holds a briefcase by his side. Russell presses for more info, but Dibiase won't elaborate. (C+) Russell then interviews Randy Savage about the match - Savage plays a face to the fans. (C+)

-Ted Dibiase defeats Randy Savage in 4:35 by countout after the Road Warriors came to ringside and attacked Savage outside the ring while the referee wasn't looking. (B+). The Road Warriors enter the ring and surround Dibiase. Lord Alfred Hayes rushes with a mic to pickup what he can. Dibiase appears to remind the Road Warriors that "this is a loan", before handing them the briefcase. Road Warrior Hawk opens the briefcase, which is filled with cash, before quickly closing it. Dibiase warns the Road Warriors - if they don't pay the loan back, with interest, he'll come looking for them. (C+). With that, The Road Warriors attack Dibiase, apply their Doomsday Device finishing maneuver, and then leave the ringside area with the briefcase. (B-)

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews several wrestlers who will be taking part in the Texas Rumble tonight: Jose Lothario (who will be #1 based due to his loss in the 4-corners match at the last TV show) (C-), Dick Murdoch (who will be #30 based on his win in that match) - Murdoch puts over all of his battle royal wins this year, and says that this one will be his easiest yet) (C+), Curt Hennig, who says he doesn't care what number he draws, and that he has the conditioning to go wire-to-wire if necessary (C+). Then on the other side of the interview stage, Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Gary Hart, who hypes King Kong Bundy and Arturo Mendoza's chances (C), Roddy Piper & Adrian Adonis (Piper claims that Adonis will look out for him until there's only 2, and then gracefully exit the match. Adonis looks skeptical of that idea) (B-), and then Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki (Tiger Mask puts over Kabuki's dominant performance in last year's Texas Rumble, when he eliminated 7 men). (C+). This final interview is interrupted by another attack by King Kong Bundy and Arturo Mendoza on Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki. (C+). The 4 brawl around the interview stage for a while, before Bundy/Mendoza/Hart grab the upper hand and leave the faces lying. Both Tiger Mask & Kabuki, probably still weakened from the previous attacks by Mendoza and Bundy, limp weakly away, back to the dressing room. (C+).

-Kerry Von Erich wins the 30-man Texas Rumble. The final four were Kerry, Bobby Eaton, Dick Murdoch, and Iceman Parsons. (C+)

-The game doesn't allow this much detail, but for my own dynasty purposes, here's the order of entry and elimination:

1. Jose Lothario (eliminated #3, by King Kong Bundy)
2. Steve Olsonoski (eliminated #2, by King Kong Bundy)
3. Owen Hart (eliminated #1, by King Kong Bundy)
4. King Kong Bundy (eliminated #8, by The Great Kabuki)
5. Tiger Mask (eliminated #5, by King Kong Bundy)
6. Mike Von Erich (eliminated #6, by King Kong Bundy)
7. Butch Miller (eliminated #7, by King Kong Bundy)
8. The Great Kabuki (eliminated #24, by Arturo Mendoza)
9. Luke Williams (eliminated #8, by Road Warrior Animal)
10. Roddy Piper (eliminated #12, by The Road Warriors)
11. Curt Hennig (eliminated #13, by The Road Warriors)
12. Road Warrior Animal (eliminated #15, by Kerry Von Erich & Bruno Sammartino)
13. Doug Somers (eliminated #10, by Road Warrior Animal)
14. Bruno Sammartino (eliminated #17, by Nikita Koloff)
15. Dusty Wolfe (eliminated #9, by Bruno Sammartino)
16. David Sammartino (eliminated #11, by the Road Warrior Hawk)
17. Road Warrior Hawk (eliminated #16, by Kerry Von Erich, Bruno Sammartino, and The Great Kabuki)
18. Mark Youngblood (eliminated #14, by the Road Warriors)
19. Villano V (eliminated #21 by Iceman Parsons)
20. Perry Jackson (eliminated #20, by the Villanos)
21. Barry Orton (eliminated #19, by Kerry Von Erich)
22. Kerry Von Erich (WINNER)
23. Nikita Koloff (eliminated #23, by Kerry Von Erich)
24. Adrian Adonis (eliminated #26, by Iceman Parsons)
25. Al Perez (eliminated #18, by Adrian Adonis)
26. Arturo Mendoza (eliminated #25, by Iceman Parsons)
27. Villano IV (eliminated #22, by Kerry Von Erich)
28. Iceman Parsons (eliminated #27, by Kerry Von Erich)
29. Bobby Eaton (eliminated #28, by Kerry Von Erich)
30. Dick Murdoch (eliminated #29, by Kerry Von Erich)

Some Rumble Highlights:

-King Kong Bundy made the first 6 eliminations, eliminating the 3 that were already there when he entered the ring, and then the next 3 that came in after that (including Tiger Mask, who was weakened by Bundy's earlier attack). Bundy wasn't slowed down until The Great Kabuki entered the match.

-The Road Warriors had a similar run of dominance, eliminating everyone they came across (except Kabuki), until Bruno Samartino came to the ring to slow them down some.

-By the time the match reached #29, Kerry had eliminated everyone who came before (including friend Iceman Parsons, who Kerry pushed over the top rope immediately after Parsons dispatched Adrian Adonis. Parsons smiled, and didn't appear to take it personally.)

-Bobby Eaton entered (reluctantly) at #29, facing only Kerry in the ring. An angry Kerry eliminated the World Champion quickly, before #30 even came out. At #30, Dick Murdoch proved to be a tougher challenge, but Kerry eliminated him after several minutes to win the match.

-----

-Gary Hart hyped Bob Backlund's TV Title challenge tonight against Kevin Von Erich. He says this match, a 60-minute Iron Man Match, is Backlund's specialty, and Kevin was a fool for accepting the challenge. Tonight, says Hart, Backlund will emerge as WCCW's top champion. (B). Kevin also cut a promo hyping the match, saying he's never wrestled a 60-minute match in his entire career, and tonight will be his biggest challenge. Kevin says that whoever walks out with the belt should be considered WCCW's top champion, since Bobby Eaton has disgraced the world title by failing to defend it. (B)

-60-Minute Iron Man Match
Kevin Von Erich defeats Bob Backlund, 3-2, to make his 6th defense of the TV Title (C). Kevin scored 2 relatively quick early falls, which Backlund answered with 2 of his own. For the last 30 minutes of the match, with the score tied, Bob Backlund, seemingly getting fresher as the match went on, dominated the exhausted Kevin, but couldn't put him away with a deciding fall. Finally, in the last minute, out of frustration, Backlund introduced a chair into the match. Referee David Manning took the chair away, and DQ'd Backlund, giving Kevin his 3rd fall, enough to win the match. During the match, Bobby Eaton, seemingly upset about his World Title being overshadowed, came to the ring and interfered with both men. Before long, however, David Von Erich, making his first appearance since losing the title to Eaton last month at Cage Clash, came to the ringside area and attacked Eaton before being pulled away by security. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes left the announce table, and approached a distraught Bob Backlund with an envelope - apparently a written offer of managerial services. (B-). Gary Hart argued with Hayes, and tried to keep him away from Backlund. (C-) Backlund however, upset with Hart over the loss, shoved him aside and took the envelope, telling Hayes that he'd consider his offer. Meanwhile, in the ring, Kevin was celebrating his dramatic victory. He was soon joined by David, Mike, Kerry, and Iceman Parsons & Bruno Sammartino. The six celebrated in the ring for several minutes (B-)

Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS:

-These kinds of those are always tricky ratings-wise. Here, my road agent says I overused Mike Von Erich, Lord Alfred Hayes, and Kevin Von Erich. Obviously, Kevin can't go 60-minutes, as reflected by the main event's rating. So much for that experiment.

-It was a big night for the Von Erichs. Mike has defeated every low-level Cruiserweight. He's about to take on a little more than he can handle however.

-The Road Warriors didn't officially turn heel. They're "tweeners", I guess. I really don't know how fans would respond to what they did - they've been trying all year to get a match with the hated Sheepherders. The Sheepherders manager, Skandor Akbar says that they can have a match if they put up enough money. The Road Warriors get the money via loan from Ted Dibiase, by helping him defeat a face in a match. Shades of grey. Savage has never been a face in WCCW, so I imagine the fans wouldn't be too pissed off about The Road Warriors attacking him here.

-The Texas Rumble was rated slightly higher than last year, which I guess reflects the gradual improvement of my roster.

-Another surprisingly low attendance number - hopefully I get that figured out.

Last edited by molson : 10-03-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #693
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-In big promotion news, the WWF appears to be on the verge of financial collapse - that would certainly shake things up. UWA in Mexico also appears to be having problems. I request buy-out negotiations with both, though I imagine the WWF is cost-prohibitive. If they go under at the end of the month, the big prize is obviously Hulk Hogan. Hogan is maybe at the point where he's too popular to sign with any existing promotion - he might sit on the sidelines until his popularity goes down a little to where he'd talk to us, or Georgia, or Mid-Atlantic. He's also of course, huge in Japan, but both New Japan and All Japan are in the red. The economy has been pretty bad everywhere in this dynasty, if I stick to it long enough, I might be the only game left in town.

-Mark Youngblood arrived late for the last show. He's fined.

-Adrian Adonis, Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Ted Dibiase are exhausted after the last show (surprisingly, Kevin Von Erich is not).

-A lot of guys are upset about their pushes - I'll cover that at the end-of-month recap.

-Greg Valentine won this 2nd National TV Championship from Ron Garvin in Georgia Championship Wrestling

-Ted Dibiase and Randy Savage are both gone (for now) after their loan contracts expire.

-I just noticed that Portland Wrestling is really a great source for talent trades. I have one long-standing talent trade house rule - anybody I bring in must not have a losing record during his loan contract (I can't just bring people to job, which I think is probably a realistic condition of these kinds of trades). So if I bring someone in for one show, he has to win or draw (with Randy Savage at the last show, I had no choice but to let him lose, because Ted Dibiase's contract had creative control, which carried over to his deal with us). Portland Wrestling is loaded at the moment. Some of the guys I have interest in include: Adrian Street, Billy Jack, Buddy Landell, Chris Adams (currently injured), Greg Valentine, Jerry Lawler, Jerry Stubbs, Paul Orndorff, Rick Martel, Ted Dibiase. Since I'm not ready to bring back either David Von Erich or Koko B. Ware from their kayfabe injuries, I consider trading them, but that feels like a "cheat", to allow them to wrestle in Portland when my TV show reaches there. So that's going to be another house rule - if I have a storyline reason someone can't wrestle, I can't keep them happy by letting them wrestle within my TV reach. I do however, agree to the following talent trades:

Curt Hennig to Pacific Northwest Wrestling for Greg Valentine (3 appearances).
Roddy Piper to Pacific Northwest Wrestling for Adrian Street (3 appearances)
David Von Erich to All Japan for Magic Dragon (3 appearances)
Koko B. Ware to WWC for King Tonga (Haku) (3 appearances)

(I actually noticed that all 4 guys I brought in have creative control in their contracts - I guess that's just part of the talent trade feature - they'll refuse to lose to anyone too weak).

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #694
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF OCTOBER 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 65.4% (Down From 65.6% last month)
-Midwest: 62.5% (Up from 61.6% last month)
-Southeast: 51.4% (up from 50.2% last month)
-New England: 47.5% (up from 45.7% last month)
-Great Lakes: 46.4% (up from 45.0% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 46.4% (up from 45.0% last month)
-North West: 46.4% (up from 45.0% last month)
-Tri-State: 46.4% (up from 45.0% last month)
-Southwest: 46.3% (up from 44.9% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (Same as last month)

-The gap between Texas and the midsouth continues to shrink. 65.0% appears to be our "magnet" point that all regions are gravitating to. I think I can get that higher though, with the increased revenue and possibly, the opportunities that will come from the fall of the WWF.

-We've dipped low enough in Texas to where I've seen a slight impact on attendance, and had to adjust the ticket prices accordingly. That's not really a big deal as we're now turning a monthly profit, and increases in the other regions will make up for it (since we'll continue to run most of our house shows in regions outside Texas, to build up broad popularity)

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 443,386 (492,514)
Sponsors: 76,364 (77,970)
Merchandise: 212,000 (217,600)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 323,135 (272,525)
Show Costs: 106,500 (106,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 27,096 (27,152)
Production: 40,000 (40,000)
Misc: 138,679 (148,503)

Total Profit: $71,350 ($168,404)
Cash in Bank: $651,564 (580,214)

-I was much more aggressive spending money and traveling around this month, but most importantly, the HUGE merchandise revenue continued. I posted over at the TEW boards about why this happened, and nobody replied - I guess it's either just something coded into the DOTT mod (this is about when merchandise became more important in wrestling), or maybe your merchandise increases a certain amount of time after you've risen to Cult status.

-Whatever it is, I need to spend more money to take advantage of it. I'm taking the following steps in name of expansion:

1. I restart our Home Video business, and will utilize "above average" quality production values.
2. I get rid of our in-house music department and will utilize "minor licensed" outside music. This will be really expensive - about $35k/month. Hopefully this leads to an elevation in show ratings.
3. I've increased our merchandise quality from "standard" to "above average"
4. I will continue to run all 4 monthly tv tapings and end-of-month events in Texas. Otherwise, the first 3 weekly house shows will all be somewhere else. Those shows aren't as profitable, but they'll help us grow faster. The 4th weekly house show will return to Texas, for one last revenue boost before the end of the month.
4. In terms of talent, I'm not going to go on a spending spree just yet - I'll hold off until I can see if I still make a profit with these enhanced settings. However, I'll be more aggressive in using guys I already have ever show I want to use them.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

Low Level:
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich

Very Low Level
-Fritz Von Erich
-Iceman Parsons
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Koko B. Ware
-Roddy Piper
-Tiger Mask
-The Great Kabuki
-Curt Hennig
-Bruno Sammartino

-I move Fritz down from Low to Very Low volume level. I debut merchandise for Curt Hennig and Bruno Sammartino, setting them at Very Low.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #695
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of October 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 94.7% Prestige (Same as last month)
Main Event Title
Bobby Eaton (0 title defenses, 1 month reign).

-Television Champion - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin Von Erich - 6 title defenses, 2 month reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich - 3 title defenses, 2 month reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 68.5% Prestige (Down from 70.0 last month)
Midcard Title
Vacant

-Cruiserweight Championship - 33.9% Prestige (up from 33.6% last month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - 4 title defenses, 3 month reign.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #696
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF OCTOBER, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

T1. Tag Team Title Storyline: Mendoza/Bundy v. Kerry/Kevin v. Kabuki/Tiger Mask (April, recently evolved to include Kerry/Kevin)
T1. Piper v. Bruno: Piper/Bruno/David Sammartino/Adonis) (July)
T1. Eaton/Koko hides the belt from David (Eaton/Koko/David Von Erich) (October)
2. Nikita Koloff's 3-minute challenge: Koloff/Parsons (September)
3. Bob Backlund's manager: Backlund/Akbar/Hayes/Hart (September)
4. Road Warriors v. Sheepherders (January)

Lower midcarders and higher without a current or pending storyline:
-Dick Murdoch
-Curt Hennig
-Mike Von Erich
-Villano V
-Doug Somers

-The Road Warriors/Sheepherders storyline is stale from hanging around for so long, but it's about to be renewed in a big way.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in October, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

Bob Backlund (4th Thursday)

-IF the WWF is still in business by then, Bob Backlund is potentially unavailable for our Thanksgiving Day Star Wars show, because of a conflict with his priority promotion, the WWF.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts (this list includes does not include wrestlers who who are exclusively contracted to us, but as of the beginning of the month, have outstanding loan commitments with other promotions - like David Von Erich).

-Al Perez
-Arturo Mendoza
-Barry Orton
-Bronco Lubich
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Sammartino
-Doug Somers
-Dusty Wolfe
-Fritz Von Erich
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Mark Youngblood
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Perry Jackson
-Ricky Romero
-Road Warrior Animal
-Steve Olsonoski
-Ted
-The Great Kabuki
-The Missouri Mauler
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Bruno Samartino is furious about how he's being pushed
-Curt Hennig is furious about about how he's been pushed
-David Von Erich is very unhappy about how often he's been unused
-Mark Youngblood is extremely annoyed about how he's being pushed
-Mr. Wrestling II is unhappy about how he's being pushed
-Perry Jackson in unhappy about how he's being pushed
-Roddy Piper is unhappy about how many losses he's taken
-Steve Olsonoski is very unhappy about how he's being pushed

-Still a very unhappy locker room. Though a few who were upset last month no longer show up on this list - Bob Backlund, The Great Kabuki, Tiger Mask, and Kerry Von Erich.

-I've pushed Hennig up to main event status, which he deserves. So that should make him happy.

-Of the two "enhancement talent" that are unhappy - Perry Jackson and Mark Youngblood, I decide to bump up Jackson to "Opener" status. He has the Missouri Mauler in as a manager, so it makes sense to give him a slight boost. He's also been better all around than Youngblood (though Youngblood did have the best individual match of the 2 - that B- pre-show match with one of the Sheepherders).

-There might be a problem with Mr. Wrestling II. He wants to be an active wrestler. I had planned to use him in an authority/personality role. There might need to be a change of plans here.

-I'm getting tired of Olsonoski's complaints. I don't think he's shown anything that deserves a promotion. I'll give him a chance this month against top talent, if he doesn't show something, he's gone.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-These are guys that have let me know they think they should be pushed better (including those listed above, whose complaints have risen to the level of affecting morale). This also include guys who are in on loan agreement (designated by *)

-Adrian Street* thinks he should be an Upper Midcarder
-Barry Orton thinks he should be an Opener
-Bruno Sammartino doesn't want to be wrestling anymore
-David Sammartino thinks he should be a midcarder
-Greg Valentine* thinks he should be a main eventer
-King Tonga* thinks he should be a midcarder
-Magic Dragon* thinks he should be a midcarder
-Mark Youngblood thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Mr. Wrestling II thinks he should be a main eventer
-Road Warrior Animal thinks he should be a main eventer
-Steve Olsonoski thinks he should be a midcarder
-Tiger Mask thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-The Missouri Mauler wants to be an occasional wrestler

-Hennig and Perry Jackson disappear from this list after I've just promoted them. A few others stop their complaining as well - this list is a little lighter than last month

Last edited by molson : 10-05-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #697
molson
General Manager

Current Momentum Ratings (End of October, 1984), with last month is parenthesis.

A
Koko B. Ware (B)

A-
None

B+
Bobby Eaton (B)

B
David Von Erich (B-)
Curt Hennig (B-)

B-
Dick Murdoch (B)
Kevin Von Erich (B-)
Kerry Von Erich (C+)
Adrian Adonis (C+)

C+
Iceman Parsons (C+)
Roddy Piper (C+)
Road Warrior Hawk (C+)
Tiger Mask (C+)
Arturo Mendoza (C+)
Bob Backlund (B-)

C
Road Warrior Animal (C)
Nikita Koloff (C+)
The Great Kabuki (C)
Butch Miller (C)
King Kong Bundy (C)
Bruno Sammartino (C+)

C-
Doug Somers (C)
Luke Williams (C)
David Sammartino (n/a)

D+
Villano V (D+)

D
Mike Von Erich (D+)
Al Perez (D-)
Jose Lothario (C-)
Dusty Wolfe (D+)

D-
Steve Olsonoski (D-)
Mark Youngblood (C)

E+
Villano IV (E-)

E
Perry Jackson (E+)
Barry Orton (n/a)

E-
Owen Hart (E)

F-
Ted (n/a)
Adrian Street (not yet debuted)
Greg Valentine (not yet debuted)
Magic Dragon (not yet debuted)
King Tonga (not yet debuted)

Rising in October: Eaton, Ware, David Von Erich, Hennig, Kerry Von Erich, Adrian Adonis, Villano IV

Falling in September: Dick Murdoch, Bob Backlund, Nikita Koloff, Bruno Sammartino, Doug Somers, Luke Williams, Mike Von Erich, Jose Lothario, Dusty Wolfe, Mark Youngblood, Owen Hart, Perry Jackson
Old 10-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #698
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF OCTOBER, 1984

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Curt Hennig
Dick Murdoch
Bobby Eaton

-Hennig moves into the main event, displacing Roddy Piper. Hennig completes his huge rise up the card from lower midcarder to main eventer in just 3 months.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Roddy Piper
Kevin Von Erich
Road Warriors

-The only move is Hennig out and Piper in.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Iceman Parsons
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Sheepherders
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Mike Von Erich
Doug Somers
David Sammartino
Villano V

OPENERS

Al Perez
Steve Olsonoski
Villano IV
Perry Jackson

-Perry Jackson gets a promotion into this group.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Barry Orton
Mark Youngblood
Dusty Wolfe

-Same group as last month, less Perry Jackson. Mark Youngblood's getting anxious down here, but he'll pay his dues for at least another month.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino
Ted, the Wrestling Bear

WRESTLERS IN ON LOAN CONTRACTS

Greg Valentine (3 more appearances)
Magic Dragon (3 more appearances)
Adrian Street (3 more appearances)
King Tonga (3 more appearances)

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley
The Missouri Mauler
Mr. Wrestling II
Ray Stevens
Ricky Romero

CONTRACTS UP IN NEXT 60 DAYS

-Adrian Adonis (18 Days)
-The Sheepherders (19 Days)
-JR Foley (32 Days)
-Jose Lothario (33 Days)
-The Road Warriors (39 Days)
-Kevin Von Erich (55 Days)
Old 10-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #699
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, November 1984
Atlanta, GA (Southeast - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,323 Ticket prices: $2 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Owen Hart defeats Dusty Wolfe in 4:54 by pinfall. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Skandor Akbar hyped Butch Miller's upcoming match with Steve Olsonoski. (C-). Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Olsonoski, who also cut a promo hyping the match. (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Steve Olsonoski in 7:53 by pinfall. (C). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki defeat Perry Jackson & Barry Orton (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 7:37 when Tiger Mask pinned Jackson. (D+). Tiger Mask & Kabuki looked good. After the match, Tiger Mask grabbed a mic, and in a rare English comment, expressed his growing frustration over the constant attacks from King Kong Bundy, Arturo Mendoza, and Gary Hart. Tiger Mask says he's been dealing with Mendoza for more than 6 months now, and that he and Kabuki are challenging Bundy and Mendoza to end this feud once and for all - whatever that entails. (C-)

-Piper's Pit w/guest "Exotic" Adrian Street.
Roddy Piper, with "Redneck" Adrian Adonis by his side, tell the Atlanta fans that they're in for a treat tonight - a special double-feature edition of Piper's pit with two major guests. Then tonight, Piper says, he faces Curt Hennig in the main event, in a rematch of the main event of last week's TV show. Piper claims that in that last match, the referee was too loose with the whistle in DQ'ing him, but he won't leave any margin for referee error tonight. Then Piper introduces his first guest \ - making a special appearance in WCCW to challenge for the Cruiserweight Championship, "Exotic" Adrian Street. Street comes to the set of the Pit, in full-fledged heel "extreme gender bender" gimmick mode (make-up, blond pigtails). Piper seems very disturbed by Street's over-the-top antics and sexual innuendos. Adonis, on the other hand, seems oddly fascinated by Street. Street briefly hypes his challenge for the Cruiserweight Championship tonight, but spends much of the segment trying to get under the skin of Piper. (B-)

-Piper's Pit, w/Kevin Von Erich
Piper eventually manages to get Street to leave, much to disappointment of Adonis, who was oddly charmed and fascinated by the spectacle. Piper shot Adonis a disapproving glance, and then introduced his next guest - the man who defeated Bob Backlund in the main event of the Texas Rumble to retain his TV title, Kevin Von Erich. Piper says that Kevin must be some kind of moron to show up here tonight, 48 hours after his grueling iron-man match with Backlund, and actually wrestle a match with a man that knows how to hurt people - Greg Valentine. Before Kevin could response, Greg Valentine interrupted the interview. Valentine had with him his National Television Championship belt (from Georgia Championship Wrestling). He said he's been hearing a lot of nonsense about Kevin's TV title, and is here to prove that his TV Title is the only one that matters in professional wrestling. Valentine says that unfortunately, the respective promoters couldn't come up with a deal to put the belts on the line, so Valentine will just have to settle for breaking Kevin's leg. (C).

-Adrian Street comes to the ring for his match against Mike Von Erich. Adrian Adonis wanders towards ringside, apparently still fascinated by Street. Adonis scouts the match from ringside. (B-).

Adrian Street defeats Mike Von Erich in 6:52 by countout to win the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship (It is unclear why this belt can change hands on a countout). Adonis interfered on Street's behalf, causing the countout. Street seemed appreciative, and the two left together. (B). Mike was tiring towards the end of the match, Street looked good.

-Non-Title Match
Kevin Von Erich drew with Greg Valentine in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (B). Kevin was really off his game. The two showed poor chemistry.

-WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton cut a promo bad-mouthing David Von Erich, who he claims may never wrestle again. (B+). Eaton also hypes his match tonight against Bruno Sammartino (B)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton defeats Bruno Sammartino in 8:21 by pinfall. (C+).

-Curt Hennig cut a promo hyping his main event match with Roddy Piper, saying that what happened on TV last week wasn't a fluke, and he'll prove it tonight. (B-)

-Curt Hennig defeats Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) in 23:51 by pinfall. (A+). Adonis wasn't at ringside in the beginning of the match, but he later sauntered to ringside in drag, apparently under the influence of Adrian Street. Adonis seemed delirious and distracted, and his botched attempts at interference helped lead to Piper's defeat.

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-A home-run show - I thought I had a chance at my first ever B+ or A- rating, but I came up short.

-Spectacular main event between Piper and Hennig, as they blew away their match from TV last week. Not sure what the difference is - I wonder if the road agent can make that much a difference. I have 3 road agents with similar status, and I leave the default road agent on for every match (which tends to cycle between the agents)

-Kevin and Greg Valentine had all kinds of things going against it (bad chemistry, Kevin was having an off night), and they still had a great match. I think Valentine would be great in WCCW, I'll give him a look the next time we're hiring again.

-"Exotic" Adrian Street is a guy I had heard of growing up, but I've never actually seen him before until I looked up a couple of youtube videos today. Wow. I can't believe this guy never got killed in the kayfabe territory days. I definitely didn't intend for him to win the Cruiserweight Title here - Mike won by countout. I have no idea why the belt changed hands, the only explanations are either that I accidentally set the "overwrite title rules" road agent notes, or that titles just change on countouts in TEW07, or in my promotion. I don't mind it so much here, because it's kind of a cool surprise, but I hope I can get a handle on why/when that happens. As for the match - it was terrific. As was Street's performance on Piper's Pit. Adrian Adonis was infatuated by Street, and decided to give dressing in drag a try during the main event (basically becoming 1987 "Adorable" Adrian Adonis). (Adonis had been using a redneck gimmick here since returning to WCCW). I didn't formally change his gimmick, so we'll see where it goes. This all might be a little much for Texas in 1984.

-The tag team match at the start of the show pretty much bombed (I don't think the Japanese guys are very well known in Georgia), and that might have kept us from a B- rating.

Last edited by molson : 10-05-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #700
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Greg Valentine is exhausted after the last show

-The UWA has rejected by requests for buy-out negotiations.

-The WWF however, is willing to talk but-out (an indication that they are truly doomed). As I expected however, they want way too much money - I go as high all my cash-on-hand ($625k), but it's not enough.

-Stan Hansen & Buzz Sawyer won the annual Georgia Championship Wrestling Omni Tag Team Tournament. Here's the winners from past years:
1983: Jake Roberts & Tommy Rich
1982: Moondogs Rex and Spot
1981: Bob & Brad Armstrong
1980: Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts
1979: Austin Idol & The Masked Superstar
1978: Terry & Dory Funk Jr.

-Stan Hansen also won a wrestling magazine contest for "Best Brawler in Wrestling Today". Nikita Koloff won an award for "Best Young Prospect in Wrestling Today"

-Koko B. Ware has been off screen long enough for his gimmick change to take effect. I'll probably hold off for a few more weeks at least.

-I request negotiations with some of the big American promotions I'm currently "hostile" with in an attempt to work out some type of relationship, and I'm rejected by most of them - WWF, AWA, Mid-Atlantic, and Georgia.

-On the other hand I've established a working agreement (allowing loan trades) with New Japan, and Calgary Stampede. So I now I have a working agreement with both major promotions in Japan.

Last edited by molson : 10-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.