molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 1, November 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: -$2 under default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)[/u][/b]

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Jose Lothario & Al Perez about their upcoming tag team match with The Villanos (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario & Al Perez drew with The Villanos in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C). Perez was visibly tiring towards the end of the the match.

-As the show starts, highlights are shown of the Kevin/Backlund match at the Texas Rumble, where Kevin retained the TV title. (B). Highlights are also shown of the Texas Rumble, which was won by Kerry Von Erich. (C+). After the video footage of Kerry's domination of Bobby Eaton at the Texas Rumble, Lance Russell announces that Eaton has asked for a match with Kerry, in tonight's main event. The match will be non-title, but Eaton has promised that he will give Kerry a title shot if Kerry can beat him tonight. (C)

-A lengthy video package hypes "Exotic" Adrian Street - including his appearance on Piper's Pit this week in Atlanta (and Adonis' transformation to a transvestite), and his defeat of Mike Von Erich for the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship. (C-)

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Adrian Street defeats Mike Von Erich in 6:31 by pinfall to make his 1st defense of the Cruiserweight Championship. (C+). Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match.

-Piper's Pit w/guests The Road Warriors.
Adrian Adonis is on the set in his "redneck" gear, making no reference to Monday's events in Atlanta when Adrian Street seemingly inspired him to try dressing in drag. Piper introduces his guests, the Road Warriors, who say that thanks to a Ted Dibiase loan, they've now booked a match with The Sheepherders to take place at Thanksgiving Star Wars. (B-). After the Pit segment, a lengthy video hypes the long "cold war" between The Sheepherders and The Road Warriors. (C)

-Greg Valentine defeats King Tonga in 7:55 by submission. (C) Valentine looked good.

-A video hypes the ongoing managerial saga surrounding Bob Backlund - the video hypes the various attempts of Gary Hart, Skandor Akbar, and Lord Alfred Hayes to gain his services as a client (C+)

-Bob Backlund defeats Steve Olsonoski in 7:36 by pinfall (C+). Backlund looked good.

-Iceman Parsons defeats Adrian Adonis in 9:10 by pinfall (B). Adonis came out dressed in drag, as the announcers made reference to the events in Atlanta earlier in the week where Adonis seemed to be inspired by Adrian Street. Adonis seemed off his game and distracted throughout the match, leading to a Parsons victory.

-Fritz Von Erich came to ring to make his much hyped "major announcement". He states that after much negotiations, 3 candidates for new WCCW Commissioner have emerged. Fritz says that for the first time in wrestling history, the fans will have a direct say in the future leadership of a wrestling promotion. The wrestlers, fans, and sponsors will all have a vote, and the winner will be declared at the WCCW New Year's Celebration Event to be held at the end of December. Between now and then, the candidates will do their best to make their case to all of the voting parties. Fritz then announces the three candidates for WCCW Commissioner, who each come to the ring. First, WCCW legend Jose Lothario. Second, former WWF Champion Ray "The Crippler" Stevens. Finally, Mr. Wrestling II. Fritz says that in the weeks to come, the fans will learn about the candidate's visions for the future of WCCW. (C+)

-Non-Title Match (Kerry earns a title shot with a win)
Bobby Eaton drew with Kerry Von Erich in 20:32 following a double countout. (C).

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS

-The main event was a huge disappointment. Kerry just isn't a main event level talent at this point. He's the clear #3 Von Erich brother right now.

-The campaign for WCCW commissioner kicked off tonight - it will be a 3-way election between Jose Lothario, Mr. Wrestling II, and Ray Stevens, with the fans, wrestlers, and sponsors having one collective vote each. The original plan was for Mr. Wrestling II to win, but now that he seems to have his heart set on being a full-time wrestler, it's somewhat up in the air. Lothario was a last-minute addition based on Mr. Wrestling II's cold feet, and he might just emerge as the winner.

-The match of the night was Parsons/Adonis. Still no full-time gimmick change yet for Adonis, but that could easily be on the way.

-Steve Olsonoski failed in his first real attempt to "bring the goods" with a talent like Bob Backlund. C+ simply isn't acceptable, since Backlund has wrestled better matches with the likes of David Sammartino, Frank Dusek, and Jose Lothario. He's on very thin ice after his constant complaints about his push.

-Valentine/King Tonga was a disappointment, as was Street/Mike Von Erich. After the Atlanta show, I was pretty fired up to bring Street in, but he just doesn't have the same overness in Texas, so he's probably not worth the money just yet.

-Adrian Street only has one more match on his loan contract with us, so I'll have to get the belt off him the next time he wrestles - I haven't decided if it will go back to Mike, or if we usher in an upgrade in the Cruiserweight division by putting the belt on Tiger Mask.

Last edited by molson : 10-16-2008 at 05:42 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #702
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Mike Von Erich is exhausted after the last show.

-I had requested negotiations with Hulk Hogan, trying to see if his loyalty to the WWF was perhaps tempered by the financial problems of that promotion - but no, he's still really into the WWF.

-The TV show does a 3.14. That's the lowest in about 5 weeks, but still our 5th straight show over 3.0 (something we've never done before that streak).

-Roddy Piper has signed with Mid-Atlantic, where he'll work in addition to us, Maple Leaf Wrestling, and his current loan agreement with Portland Wrestling. I've jobbed him out of the main event in recent weeks, but I still like him as a personality.

-I had requested negotiations with a number of networks - but was rejected by all because "I already had a TV show". I'm quite happy with TBS and it's reach, but I do request negotiations with them to possibly get a better time slot.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #703
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 2, November 1984
Salem, OR (Northwest - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 930 Ticket prices: $1 under Default
Actual Attendance: 970

-Tonight marks our debut in the northwest region as we continue our expansion. With our low popularity here, we bring a cheaper "B-Crew". Roddy Piper makes the trip though, as our most popular worker in the northwest. Our low popularity here means ratings will be lower, but I don't need much to improve our standing here.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mark Youngblood about his pre-show match with Villano IV. (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mark Youngblood drew with Villano IV in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Jose Lothario, Al Perez, and Steve Olsonoski come out to hype their sudden death six-man tag team championship tournament match tonight with The Missouri Mauler's team of Doug Sommers, Perry Jackson, and Barry Orton. (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Fritz Von Erich comes out to welcome the Salem fans, and recap some of the recent events in WCCW. D+

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Tournament Match
-Opening Round ("Play in Match") - Sudden Death.
Barry Orton, Perry Jackson, & Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) defeat Jose Lothario, Al Perez, and Steve Olsonoski in 7:39 when Somers pinned Perez. (D-). Perez was exhausted towards the end of the match. Lothario looked good. After the match, the Mauler cut a promo hyping his team's chances in the rest of the tournament. (D)

-King Tonga defeats Dusty Wolfe in 3:51 by pinfall. (D-)

-Piper's Pit w/guest Ray Stevens
Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) spend a few minutes insulting the Salem crowd - Piper references his past in the area. He also claims that Adonis has been under the weather lately, implying an explanation for Adonis' recent cross-dressing activities. Then, Piper introduces his guest, former WWF champion, and candidate for the position of WCCW Commissioner - Ray "The Crippler" Stevens. Piper puts over Stevens heavily (establishing him as a heel). Piper says Stevens is the right guy for the Commissioner job. Stevens promises to bring law and order to WCCW. He says unlike the other candidates (Mr. Wrestling II and Jose Lothario), he's been a world champion, which he claims gives him the right insight for the job. (C+)

-King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeats Owen Hart in 7:52 by pinfall. (C-) The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Gary Hart hyped his massive client. (D)

-Skandor Akbar came out to hype his team, The Sheepherders, who challenge for the WCCW World Tag Team Championship tonight against the Von Erichs. He also notes that the Sheepherders have signed to face the Road Warriors at Thanksgiving Star Wars (since the Road Warriors were able to come up with the required payment - via loan from Ted Dibiase). (C-). Kerry and Kevin Von Erich also come out and hype their title defense - they note that both of them have been working on grueling schedules as of late, but that they never back down from a challenge. (C)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Von Erichs defeat The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) in 13:27 when Kerry pinned Miller. (C-). The Von Erichs make their 5th defense of the tag team titles.

-David & Bruno Sammartino come out to hype their upcoming main event tag team match with Roddy Piper & Adrian Adonis. The Samartinos recap highlights of the feud between the 4. (C+).

-Adrian Adonis & Roddy Piper defeat The Sammartinos in 16:38 when Piper pinned David Sammartino while holding the ropes. (C+). The match was a wild, overbooked brawl featuring constant cheating by the heels. David was tiring towards the end of the match. Adonis and Piper looked good. After the match, the brawl continues between the four, around ringside, for several minutes. (C-)

Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS:

-Good enough to increase our popularity in the northwest Otherwise, not much to say about this show.

-Somers/Jackson/Orton continue their mini-push under the guidance of the Missouri Mauler. They'll join "Group B" in the tournament, with Murdoch/Backlund/Bundy and Tiger Mask/Kabuki/Hennig.

-Quick squash for King Tonga in his 2nd match with us under his loan contract. He lost to Greg Valentine on TV last week, so per house rule, he must either win or draw his 3rd match with us, whenever it is. Hopefully this win gives him a little momentum to give us some kind of rating.

-Bundy got a squash on this show as well, because he's our most popular guy in the midwest after the main-eventers.

-Ray Stevens makes his WCCW debut on a lengthy Piper's Pit segment. Eventually, I'll try to give all three commissioner candidates some kind of competing "visions" for WCCW.

-Kind of a double-main event, with two tag team matches. I did pick the right one to close the show (I made that decision based on Piper's overness in this region).
Old 10-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #704
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Adrian Adonis is exhausted after the last show. The rumor is that he's on his way out of New Japan, so maybe he'll be able to catch his breath a little.

-I re-sign with TBS for another 2 seasons (apprx 6 months). I would have loved a better time slot, but the only way to do that is actually cancel my deal with TBS and start new negotiations with them or anyone else. I may change my mind and do that after this week's TV show. I have 20 total days left in the negotiation period.

-Rick Steamboat has signed with Calgary Stampede, where he'll work in addition to Mid-Atlantic and Maple Leaf Wrestling. He'll find a bunch of talent to work with up there.

-Davey Boy Smith is being hyped as a future star in the dirt sheets.

-Jerry Lawler signed with Maple Leaf Wrestling, who as I noted a couple times, has had a pretty stacked roster in this dynasty. Not sure how many of these guys they can get in the arena on any given night, but they have Lawler, Adrian Adonis, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, Sgt. Slaughter, Larry Zbyszko, Bad News Brown, Bob Backlund, Jim Garvin, Dick Slater, Davey Boy Smith, Koko B. Ware, David Schultz, and Jessie Ventura.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #705
Flasch186
Coordinator

Molson

have any sites for a 2001 ish setup for TEW 2008 (the one before this last one)? I could give it a run at work til the new FM comes out.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:09 AM   #706
surlyc
n00b

Just a note on Adrian Street... he was a revelation over here in the UK before he went to Canada and the US. Important thing to note about him was that although he had the "flamboyant" gimmick and was consequently widely hated by the homophobic 60s/70s wrestling audiences here, he was possibly the toughest bastard in the wrestling scene.

He has recently been battling cancer and chemotherapy robbed him of his hair. Still, he was nice enough to actually conduct a short interview for my mate's magazine a few years back... Adrian Street is a legend.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #707
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Molson

have any sites for a 2001 ish setup for TEW 2008 (the one before this last one)? I could give it a run at work til the new FM comes out.

I think you mean a mod from 2001 for the newest TEW?

I'm not that fired up about any of the mods for the new game yet, but they're all here:

Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 Dynasties - Grey Dog Software

I didn't see a '01 mod in there.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #708
molson
General Manager

I tweak a few gimmicks before the show, to combat staleness (as perceived by my road agents). None of these changes will keep anyone off TV for any time.

Gary Hart: Hustler to Cult Leader
King Kong Bundy: Evil Giant to Man Beast

Wednesday, Week 2, November 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: -$2 under default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)[/u][/b]

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Al Perez in 6:57 by submission. (D). Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match, Perez was exhausted. After the match Lance Russell interviews Mike, and notes that Mike will once again challenge Adrian Street for the Cruiserweight Championship at November Star Wars. (D)

-Pre-Show Wrestling Segment.
Ted, The Wrestling Bear, performs a wrestling exhibition. (F-)

-As the show starts, a music video is played hyping the WCCW Television Champion, Kevin Von Erich, and the amazing run he's been on since winning that title, culminating with his victory over Bob Backlund at the Texas Rumble. (B+). After the video, Lance Russell interviews Kevin, who announces that he's defending the TV title against WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton in tonight's main event. Russell seems shocked - Eaton has refused to defend his own title since winning it, and now Kevin's giving him a shot to unify the titles? Kevin says that Eaton is apparently up in arms about everyone referring to Kevin's TV title as WCCW's premiere championship, so he made this challenge. Kevin says he accepted it to prove he's the best - he won't back down from Eaton just to make a point. Kevin also states that he's looking for a win tonight, not just to survive the 10 minute time limit. (B).

-A brief video highlights the recent winning streak of Nikita Koloff, and his 3-minute challenge. (C+)

-3-Minute Challenge.
Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Steve Olsonoski in 2:53 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Akbar starts to cut a promo in the ring, but then goes off mic and whispers something to Koloff, who leaves the ring and confronts Lord Alfred Hayes at the announce table. Koloff tries to intimidate Hayes, who stands up. Akbar comes down to the table as well, and says that Hayes has zero business trying to be a manager in WCCW, and he demands that Hayes withdraw his offer of managerial services to Bob Backlund. Hayes refuses, says he's going to stay a gentleman, and returns to his seat. (B-)

-Bruno & David Sammartino, and Iceman Parsons, hype their upcoming WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Tournament Match against The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza. Bruno notes that each side is connected by blood - father/son v. brothers. He also emphasizes the importance of getting off to a fast start, as each team only has 4 matches to prove themselves. He also repeats his desire to win one more championship before he retires. (C). Before the match, the announcers quickly recap the tournament structure with on-screen graphics: Two groups, three teams in each group. Each team will wrestle each other team in their group twice. Teams receive 3 points for a pinfall/submission win, 2 points for a DQ/countout win, and 1 point for a draw. The winners of the two groups will compete in the finals for the championship.

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
-Group A, Match 1.
The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) defeat The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons in 9:54 when Mendoza pinned Bruno Sammartino after all 6 men ended up in the ring at the same time. (C+). David was limited by injury. Villano IV and Gary Hart have zero chemistry together. Mendoza looked good.

-Magic Dragon comes to the ring, making his first appearance in WCCW since last year. He appears more bizarre than ever, in full Japanese-goth mode, performing a brief ceremony with smoke and salt before the match. He carries with him a large bag (C-)

-Magic Dragon defeats Mark Youngblood in 8:45 by pinfall. (D+). After the match, Dragon retries the bag that he brought to the ring - he then pulls out a mannequin head that resembles his former tag team partner, The Great Kabuki. The announcers put over the weirdness of Magic Dragon, and note that Kabuki is not in the arena tonight. (C-)

-Kerry Von Erich defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:42 by pinfall. (C). Kerry looked good. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed Kerry about his win, and about his brother Kevin. Kerry says that he supports Kevin's decision to defend his TV title tonight against Bobby Eaton, even though Eaton has refused to grant Kerry a world title shot. Kerry says that Kevin on a remarkable run, and he wants to see him keep it going. (C+)

-A hype video highlights Gary Hart's "dream team" that he put together and will manage during the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Tournament - Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and King Kong Bundy. The video highlights the accomplishments of all 3, and paints them as the favorites in the tournament. (B)

-Group B, Match 1
Barry Orton, Perry Jackson, & Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) defeat King Kong Bundy, Bob Backlund, & Dick Murdoch (w/Gary Hart) in 8:39 when Bob Backlund was DQ'd. (C) Hart's team was a disaster, constantly arguing and insisting on tags into the match, while The Mauler's team was a well-oiled machine. Eventually, Backlund appeared to loose his temper and threw Perry Jackson onto the announce table before applying the chicken wing there, drawing the DQ. The Missouri Mauler interfered throughout the match on behalf of his team. Backlund and Murdoch looked good. After the match, the "dream team", along with Gary Hart, continued to argue in the ring, with things seeming very close to breaking out into a full brawl. (C+)

-Bobby Eaton hypes his upcoming TV Title match with Kevin Von Erich. Eaton shoots down the idea that the TV Title is now more prestigious than his world title, and says that after tonight, they'll be one and the same. (B)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Kevin Von Erich defeats Bobby Eaton in 9:48 by submission in make his 7th defense of the TV Title. (B).

THOUGHTS:

-It would have been pretty easy to run a 10:00 time limit draw in the main event so I think Kevin's clean win over the world champion was a shocking result. Without really intending to, Kevin has become the top star in the promotion the last few months while David has been on the sidelines. This was Eaton's first lost of any kind since he and Koko B. Ware lost the Tag Tam Championship to The Freebirds at July Star Wars, about 3 1/2 months ago. It's his first loss in a 1-on-1 match since May

-That wasn't the only upset of the night, as Gary Hart's much hyped "dream team" lost a chaotic DQ decision to The Missouri Mauler's glorified jobber team. Just mixing stuff up a little there. The question is whether Hart can bring his team together to the point where they can even continue in the tournament.

-Magic Dragon is only in for 2 more appearances on a loan contract, so his odd "challenge" to former partner Kabuki isn't the start of a long-term feud, just a brief distraction for Kabuki from Bundy & Mendoza (but maybe not from Gary Hart, who might get involved in this too). Magic Dragon's segments and match didn't go over really well, so I probably won't bring him in when his loan contract is up.

Last edited by molson : 10-20-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #709
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I'm advertising the following card for November Star Wars (at lot of this is not being developed on TV because there's a lot of loan contract guys with whom I have limited appearances to work with):

-Enhanced Time Limit (30 minutes)
Kevin Von Erich v. Greg Valentine

Adrian Street v. Mike Von Erich

-The Road Warriors v. The Sheepherders

-There will also probably be a six-man tag team championship tournament match or two, maybe a Kabuki/Magic Dragon gimmick match, and perhaps a 10-man battle royal for an immediate world title shot against Eaton (Eaton would stack the battle royal with midcarders and lower, and then defend the belt immediately at the end of the battle royal against the exhausted winner).

-The TV Show gets a 2.93 rating. That's our lowest number in the last 6 weeks. I decide to stick with TBS and this timeslot for the 6 month deal I signed last week...After that I'll tear it up and look for something better (hopefully my ratings don't keep going down).

-Gino Hernandez, who hadn't wrestled since his loss to Roddy Piper for us in early August, has signed with Mid-Atlantic. It's a tough wrestling economy out there right now, so I'm glad he'll have the chance to improve some before I inevitably bring him back.

-I haven't used Curt Hennig the last couple of shows, but he's been busy with Portland Wrestling where he started this month - he's working as a heel, and has wrestled 2 matches. One, teaming with Greg Valentine and Buddy Roberts to defeat Paul Orndorff, Roddy Piper, and Billy Jack Haynes. Then, losing a main event match to Jerry Lawler. That's a great environment for him to improve even more. He's a huge, huge, star in the making.

-The dirt sheets are hyping Dan Severn and Robert Gibson as future stars.

-Mr. Wrestling II, Bruno Sammartino, Steve Olsonoski, King Tonga, Adrian Street, and Magic Dragon, all complain about their pushes. The last 3 will be gone off of their loan contracts by the end of the month

-I re-sign three guys whose contracts were up next week:

-Butch Miller re-signs for 9 months at $1,475/show, a raise from $1,350/show
-$1,475 (9 months).
-Luke Williams re-signs for 9 months at $1,725/show, a raise from $1,325/show
-Adrian Adonis re-signs for 18 months at $1,975/show, a raise from $1,875/show.

-It's interesting that Williams demanded the largest raise of the 3. He's 3 years younger than Butch Miller.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #710
PilotMan
Head Coach

Molson, I am wondering about your ticket pricing. I think that you are losing too much to try and sell out a show. Here are my thoughts: Let's say that default ticket prices are $10 per show. Using your last show as the example. 8 * 5000 = 40000 but 10 * 4675 = 46750 Basically it doesn't pay to drop ticket prices that much to sell out a show and you will actually make more if you can live with out a sell out and find the balance hat nets you the most money.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-21-2008 at 07:44 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #711
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Molson, I am wondering about your ticket pricing. I think that you are losing too much to try and sell out a show. Here are my thoughts: Let's say that default ticket prices are $10 per show. Using your last show as the example. 8 * 5000 = 40000 but 10 * 4675 = 46750 Basically it doesn't pay to drop ticket prices that much to sell out a show and you will actually make more if you can live with out a sell out and find the balance hat nets you the most money.

You're absolutely right, assuming there's no "bonus" for sell-outs (and I have no reason to believe there is).

I'll incorporate this going forward, though I won't go nuts with the calculations.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #712
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, November 1984
St. Paul, MN (Midwest - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,852 Ticket prices: $1 under Default
Actual Attendance: 1,885

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) defeats Mark Youngblood in 6:48 by submission. (D). Somers and The Mauler have good chemistry as manager/client. After the match, The Missouri Mauler hyped Somers as a future star in this business. (C-).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeats Dusty Wolfe by pinfall in 6:55 (E-). Perez was exhausted towards the end of the match.

-The Missouri Mauler comes out with his team of Perry Jackson & Barry Orton, and hypes their victory in the six-man tag team tournament last week (along with Doug Somers) against Backlund, Murdoch, and Bundy. He says the team is rolling right now, and ready for their challenge tonight - The Road Warriors. (D+)

-The Road Warriors defeat Perry Jackson & Barry Orton (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 8:07 when Animal pinned Jackson. The Road Warriors looked good. After the match, The Road Warriors hyped their match with The Sheepherders at Thanksgiving Star Wars last week - they say they've waited for years for this match, and they're going take out all of their frustrations on the mad men from New Zealand. (C-)

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with one of his two entries in the six-man tag team championship tournament - The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza. Hart refuses to comment on the upset loss of his "dream team" of Murdoch/Backlund/Bundy at the last TV show, but instead focuses on the Villanos win in their first match, and their chances tonight. (C-). Shortly after, Skandor Akbar comes out with his team of The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff. Akbar, however, gets distracted by Lord Alfred Hayes at ringside - the two have verbally sparred in recent weeks over their pursuits of Bob Backlund as a client. Here, things escalate into some mutual shoving, before Hayes and Akbar are seperated. (C-)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament
-Group A, Match 2
The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) drew with The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) by double DQ in 11:42 after the referee lost control of the match (C). The match featured interference by both Hart and Akbar (who came to blows during the match). After the match, the 8 men brawled around ringside for several minutes, with neither gaining an advantage. (D).

-The standings for Group A now look like this:

1. The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza (1 pinfall win, 1 draw: 4 points, 2 matches remaining)
2. The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (1 draw: 1 point, 3 matches remaining)
3. The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons (1 loss: 0 points, 3 matches remaining)

(Teams wrestle each other team in their group twice, and earn 3 points for a pinfall/submission victory, 2 points for a DQ/countout vicotry, and 1 point for a draw).

-After order is restored, Gary Hart returns to the ring with his client, King Kong Bundy. Hart hypes Bundy's upcoming match with Curt Hennig. (B).

-Curt Hennig defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 8:48 by DQ after interference from Hart. (B-). After the match, Hennig cut a lengthy promo addressing his home-state crowd, putting them over as great fans. Hennig also said he's blown through the competition in WCCW, and he wants a World Title shot against Bobby Eaton. Hennig says that he knows that both the wrestlers and the fans have a voice regarding who the next commissioner of WCCW will be - he asks the fans to support whoever will require title holders to defend their championships regularly. (B+)

-10-man Tag Team Match.
-Elimination Rules
-Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Bruno Sammartino, David Sammartino, & Iceman Parsons defeat Roddy Piper, Adrian Adonis, Bobby Eaton, Bob Backlund, & Dick Murdock in 26:42. The Von Erichs and Iceman Parsons were the "survivors", and the order of elimination was as follows:
1. Bobby Eaton pinned David Sammartino (5-4)
2. Bob Backlund made Bruno Sammartino submit (5-3)
3. Adrian Adonis was DQ'd (4-3)
4. Roddy Piper was DQ'd (3-3)
5. Kerry Von Erich pinned Dick Murdoch (3-2)
6. Kevin Von Erich pinned Bob Backlund (3-1)
7. Bobby Eaton, facing 3-1 odds, elected to go back to the dressing room, drawing a countout.
(C+)
-David Sammartino was limited by injury
-Adonis, Piper, and Backlund looked good

-Kind of a wild show that drew a decent enough rating for the midwest.

-The main event used "survivor series" rules - that's one PPV gimmick I haven't stolen yet, and I probably won't, at least in terms of an entire show built around it. I'll probably continue to use that format in random main events when I want to give the entire main event/upper midcard some work. It gives some different guys a chance to be in the main event.

-Curt Hennig though, was the star of the show - his interview to his home-state crowd was the highest-rated segment of the show, match or otherwise. (and his match with Bundy wasn't too shabby either.)

-The Six-Man Tag Team tournament rages on - The Villanos have come a long way in the last year to be involved in a credible draw with the likes of The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff. Group A is anybody's to win.

-Another squash for the Road Warriors - they've been doing that for months. They'll have to deliver in their upcoming series of matches with The Sheepherders - they'll either becoming our dominant tag team, or they'll be out on the street.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #713
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Randy Savage has signed with Mid-South, where he'll work in addition to WWC (Puerto Rico), and his father's ICW promotion. After being tied exclusively to ICW at the start of the dynasty, Savage really has a chance to make a name for himself now that he's broadened his horizons. Mid-South is still only a "regional" sized promotion, but they have talent there: The Junkyard Dog, Mr. Wrestling II, Jim Duggan, Dick Murdoch, Magnum TA, The Wild Samoans, Austin Idol, Barry Windham, Bill Irwin, among many others.

-Tiger Mask arrived late at the last show. I believe this is a first offense - I give him a warning.

-Adrian Adonis and Roddy Piper are exhausted after the last show.

Last edited by molson : 10-28-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #714
kislingbury
Mascot

Ive only just discoverd this and read the whole thing on a boring business trip.

Absolute top work, and heres hoping it continues
kislingbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #715
PilotMan
Head Coach

This and the AWA at midnight on ESPN classic are my guilty pleasures.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #716
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 3, November 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 4,658 [/u][/b]

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano IV defeats Dusty Wolfe in 6:50 by pinfall (D+). Wolfe seemed off his game. Villano IV looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano V defeats Mark Youngblood in 4:31 by pinfall (D+). Youngblood seemed off his game.

-The show starts as Lance Russell previews the nights events, including the main event of Kevin Von Erich v. Roddy Piper for the TV Title. Russell also notes that if you're a fan of Piper's, you've turned in on the right night, because there will also be a special triple feature edition of Piper's Pit with THREE guests: Kevin Von Erich, WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton, and WCCW commissioner candidate Ray "The Crippler Stevens" (C-)

-Group A, Match 3
The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons draw with The Sheepherders and Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) after the referee lost control of the match and all six men got involved at the same time. (C). David's injury took a big toll. Parsons and Miller looked good.

-The announcers recap the events of the tournament, as the following graphic appears on screen:

-(Group A Standings)
1. The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza (1 pinfall win, 1 draw: 4 points, 2 matches remaining)
2. The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (2 draws: 2 points, 2 matches remaining)
3. The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons (1 loss, 1 draw, 1 point, 2 matches remaining)

-Steve Olonoski hypes his upcoming match with the mysterious Magic Dragon. Olsonoski puts over the weirdness of his opponent, claims he's ready for anything, but will try to make sure this just stays an ordinary wrestling mach. (D)

-Magic Dragon (w/Gary Hart) defeats Steve Olosnoski in 7:36 by pinfall. (C-) Hart's appearance in Dragon's corner was a surprise - the announcers note the connections - Hart was a longtime manager of Dragon's former teammate, The Great Kabuki, whom Dragon has harassed in recent weeks. Magic Dragon is just as bizarre as previous weeks - at one point he throws a fireball at Olsonoski has Hart distracts the referee.

-Bob Backlund defeats Al Perez in 6:43 by submission. (C). Backlund looked good. Perez was exhausted by the end of the match. During the match, Gary Hart, one of the three managerial candidates for Backlund, saunters down to ringside. After the match, Hart presents Backlund what appears to be an expensive watch. Backlund looks appreciative, and accepts the watch. Lord Alfred Hayes, on commentary, sounds incredulous, and says that he knows that Backlund can't be bought, and that Backlund will accept Hayes' managerial contract offer soon. C+

-Piper's Pit: Triple Feature! First guest: WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton.
Piper fawns over Eaton and his world title, but then reluctantly asks the difficult question - when will Eaton make his first title defense? Eaton says he's waited until this moment to make the announcement, when he could be on the greatest wrestling talk show in history - he will defend the WCCW World Title at Thanksgiving Star Wars next week. Eaton says he has hand-picked contenders to take part in a 10-man battle royal that night, and that he'll defend the world title against the winner immediately following the match. Piper puts over the idea as brilliant. (B-)

-Piper's Pit, second segment, with guest Ray "The Crippler" Stevens. Stevens hypes his candidacy for WCCW Commissioner. Stevens says that Piper's popularity in WCCW is evidenced by this "Triple Feature" Edition of Piper's Pit tonight, and says that's why he's here. Stevens hypes his candidacy, saying that he's the only candidate who as been a world champion, and he's the only candidate determined to bring law, order, and rules back to WCCW. Stevens says he'd ban moves from the top rope, and ban excessive brawling. Before he can get to far into his platform, he's interrupted by the other two candidates for WCCW Commissioner, Jose Lothario and Mr. Wrestling II. They both note that Stevens has already had an appearance on Piper's Pit, last week in Oregon, and they ask Piper for equal time. Piper says: his show, his rules. Before long, an argument breaks out between the three candidates, who have to be broken up by Piper and Adonis. (B-). Mr. Wrestling II came across well.

-Piper's Pit, third segment, w/guest Kevin Von Erich
After order is restored, Piper introduces his third guest, and opponent tonight, the WCCW TV Champion Kevin Von Erich. Piper insults Kevin throughout the interview, saying that Kevin has only emerged as a WCCW main eventer because his brother David is on the shelf, and his other brother Kerry is unreliable. Piper says Kevin has been ducking him, and that he'll take his title tonight. Kevin mostly takes the high road, and just says that he's looking forward to the match (but does make reference to Adonis' recently-discovered interest in cross-dressing) (B).

-Mike Von Erich defeats Adrian Adonis in 6:51 by count-out. (C+). Adonis looked good. Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. During the match, the lights dimmed, and "Exotic" Adrian Street's theme music blared through the arena. Lights flashed near the entrance-way. It appeared to be an effort to distract Mike, Street's opponent at Thanksgiving Star Wars, but Adonis was far more distracted. Adonis (who several weeks ago was indirectly inspired by Street to dress in drag), wandered away from ringside towards the lights near the entrance-way, looking intrigued and "distant". Soon, he was counted out, which gave Mike the win.

-Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
-Group B, Match 2
Curt Hennig, Tiger Mask, & The Great Kabuki defeat Barry Orton, Perry Jackson, & Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 9:42 when Hennig pinned Orton. (C+). During the match, Magic Dragon attacked The Great Kabuki at ringside, incapacitating him with a fireball. Tiger Mask & Hennig had to continue on on their own, but were able to win the match, with some difficulty. Tiger Mask and Kabuki looked good.

-After the match, Gary Hart cut a promo with Magic Dragon by his side. Hart says that Magic Dragon has returned to the WCCW to avenge Kabuki's desertion of former manager Gary Hart. Hart challenges Kabuki, on Dragon's behalf, to a no-DQ match at Thanksgiving Star Wars. The announcers note that Hart has another team involved in this tournament group, and he may have simply been trying to cost them a win here. (C+)

-After the match and events, a graphic is displayed:

-(Group B Standings)
1. Curt Hennig, The Great Kabuki, & Tiger Mask (1 pinfall win, 3 points, 3 matches remaining)
2. Doug Somers, Perry Jackson & Perry Orton (1 DQ win, 1 loss, 1 point, 2 matches remaining)
3. King Kong Bundy, Bob Backlund, & Dick Murdock (1 loss, 0 points, 3 matches remaining)

Kevin Von Erich drew with Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) in 10:00 when the time limit expires. (B+). Kevin makes his 8th defense of the TV title.

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-I'm pretty surprised by the rating considering we had a lot of crap matches. The "triple feature" Piper's Pit definitely paid dividends.

-Kevin just keeps rolling along. He's defending the TV Title against Greg Valentine in the main event of Thanksgiving Star Wars.

-The Mike/Adonis/Adrian Street stuff is kind of fun. Street tries to faze Mike, but instead inspires Adonis again to get all creepy.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #717
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Roddy Piper was late to the last show. That's kind of what he does. I need him at Thanksgiving Star Wars, so I just fine him.

-The TV show gets a 3.16, which is a bit of a rebound for us. Highest rating in 3 weeks.

-Mid-South Wrestling released a number of wrestlers: Big John Studd, The One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, and Randy Savage. I'd love to take another shot at Savage and bring the Gang in, but I need a little consistency on my roster so I'm hanging steady for a while. All four of those guys still have work elsewhere.

-David Sammartino is finally fully healed from his injury. I'll give him a chance to see what he can do, but it's not likely he sticks with us after his father's upcoming retirement.

-Mid-Atlantic just ran Starcade 1984, here's a partial card:
-Dusty Rhodes defeated Joe Leduc to retain the NWA World Title
-Ivan Koloff defeated Terry Funk
-Austin Idol defeated The Assassin

-Dr. Tom Pritchard and Don Davis are being hyped as future stars on the dirt sheets

-Dick Slater won the United States Heavyweight Championship, in Mid-Atlantic, from Jake Roberts. Slater has held 15 various titles at this point in his career, but this is by far the most prestigious, and biggest win of his career.

-Mr. Wrestling II, Adrian Street, Magic Dragon, David Sammartino, King Tonga, and Bruno Sammartino once again complain about their pushes. Street, Dragon, and Tonga will be gone after their next loan appearances.

-Manny Fernandez and Steve Keirn regained the Geogia Championship Wrestling National Tag Team Championship from Stan Hansen and Buzz Sawyer. It's the second reign for Keirn/Fernandez.

-I request negotiations with the 2-time SWCW Tag Team Champions, the Grapplers (Tony Anthony and Les Denton), who are unemployed after being released by that company. I won't pay a lot for them, and they'd barely be in the midcard with us, but I'm looking to expand our tag team division with established teams, as the opportunity arises.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #718
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, November 1984
Dallas, TX (Midwest - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,337 Ticket prices: $2 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,998

-Pre-Show Dark Match
David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) defeats Barry Orton (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 7:45 by pinfall. (C-). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed David about his win. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-King Tonga drew with Doug Sommers (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 5:47 by double countout. (C)

-As the show starts, Skandor Akbar comes to the ring with the The Sheepherders. Akbar is in a rage, he aggressively hypes The Sheepherders' first ever match with the Road Warriors at Thanksgiving Star Wars, saying that his team is as ready as ever, are looking to destroy the "overhyped freaks." (C)

-The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Al Perez & Owen Hart in 7:18 when Williams pinned Hart. (C-). Akbar interfered throughout the match. Perez was exhausted by the end of the match. The Sheepherders looked good. After the match, The Sheepherders, along with Akbar, continued the brutal attack on Perez and Hart. The heels then drenched the losers' faces with paint, sending a message to the face-painted Road Warriors. (D+). Akbar, standing amongst the carnage, again grabbed a mic and told the Road Warriors that Perez and Hart got off lucky, compared to what will happen to the Warriors on Thanksgiving. (C)

-As the ring is cleaned up, Lance Russell hypes the next match to the fans - the next chapter in the ongoing saga between Gary Hart's team of King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki. Tonight will feature a 2 X 2 match under Texas Tornado rules - all 4 men can legally be in the ring at the same time. Russell announces that Kabuki has been cleared to wrestle after the fireball attack from Magic Dragon last week, but that his vision may be still limited. (C+). Gary Hart came out with his team and hyped the match, and also Magic Dragon's no-DQ match against The Great Kabuki at November Star Wars. (C)

-Texas Tornado Match (all 4 men are legal at the same time)
The Great Kabuki & Tiger Mask defeat King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) in 20:58 when Kabuki pinned Bundy after a wild match (B-). Bundy was tiring towards the end of the match.

-Bob Backlund comes to the ring, where he's interviewed by Lance Russell. Backlund & Russell hype tonight's main event - a rematch of last month's Texas Rumble main event when Kevin successfully defended his TV title over Backlund. Russell hypes Kevin's recent winning streak, to the irritation of Backlund. Russell also hypes Backlund's managerial search, but Backlund refuses to reveal if there's a frontrunner. (B-)

-Non-Title Match
Kevin Von Erich defeats Bob Backlund in 32:02 by submission. (A). During the match, all three of Backlund's managerial candidates - Skandor Abkar, Lord Alfred Hayes, and Gary Hart wandered down to ringside and interfered at various points. Eventually though, their botched interference helped Kevin win the match. After the match, all three prospective managers entered the ring and tried to talk with Backlund. Backlund, however, snapped, and attacked all three managers. (C-). The fans loved it, and Backlund manically celebrated in the ring. (B).

THOUGHTS:

-Good show, another huge win for Kevin who delivered against Backlund. Kevin just can't go an hour like I pushed him to at the Texas Rumble, so it was good to see him do so well here in a shorter match.

-Still not quite a face turn for Backlund, who's flirted with "changing sides" all year. The fans did love to see him take out all the heel managers though. I'm not sure yet if this is the end of his managerial search, or if the managers will continue to seek him out, risking life and limb.

-Yet another solid tag team match involving Kabuki/Tiger Mask/Bundy/Mendoza. This feud will die down soon and start to involve the Von Erichs, and then, whoever emerges from the Road Warriors/Sheepherders feud.

-Speaking of the Sheepherders - they just don't seem as effective as they were last year. Maybe they're just getting old. Still, they bring more to the table right now than the green Road Qarriors. This "dream feud" with the Road Warriors doesn't really have as much sizzle as I thought it might. Still, they'll beat on each other for a while, so it's a chance for them to prove themselves.

-That's King Tonga's last match with us, he leaves with a record of 1-1-1 during his loan contract. It's a tiny boost for Somers to get a draw against him here.

-This was also David Sammartino's first match with us at 100% health. C- against Barry Orton ain't that bad. Curt Hennig only got a C out of Orton in September, and Steve Olonoski only got a D. Maybe there's hope for Sammartino yet, I'll give him a chance - a tag team with Mike Von Erich might be interesting.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #719
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bob Backlund and King Tonga are exhausted after the last show. Tonga's gone now. Backlund isn't booked for Thanksgiving Star Wars due to potential WWF conflict.

-Johnny Savage (aka Johnny Smith, occasional replacement for Davey Boy Smith in the British Bulldogs) is hyped as a future star in the UK. I'll keep him in mind if Lord Alfred Hayes' British stable ever becomes a reality.

-Kerry Von Erich said on a radio show that he likes to wrestle the opening match of the show (perhaps so he can leave early). I'll give him the chance to do that.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #720
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, November 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 4,658

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Gary Hart came out to the ring with Villano V. Hart says at a few weeks ago, he announced that he'd take on the Villanos as clients if they and Arturo Mendoza won the WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship Tournament. Hart hypes that the Villanos are living up to their end of the bargain, as they lead Group A halfway through the first round. Hart says he's managing Villano V tonight, to help to encourage him to finish the job. (C). The Missouri Mauler comes to the ring with his client, Doug Somers, and hypes the match tonight between Villano V and Somers. Mauler points out that while The Villanos & Mendoza are doing well in the tournament, Hart's "dream team" of Bundy/Murdoch/Backlund has been a bust. Mauler claims that he can't wait until his team of Somers/Orton/Jackson defeats the dream team once again. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano V (w/Gary Hart) drew with Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 10:00 when the time limit expired.

-As the show starts, a lengthy video package recaps the long feud between The Road Warriors and The Sheepherders, who will face each other tomorrow for the first time at Thanksgiving Star Wars (C).

-The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Steve Olsonoski & Mark Youngblood in 5:38 when Miller pinned Youngblood. (C+). After the match, Akbar ordered his team to continue the beating of Olsonoski & Youngblood, and to drench them with paint, once again sending a message to The Road Warriors. (D+). Akbar then cut a promo, with The Sheepherders by his side, warning the The Road Warriors not to back out of their match tomorrow night, as much as they probably want to. (C).

-Gary Hart cuts a promo backstage, and says that he knows that there's some rumors about "disagreements" between himself and Bob Backlund that apparently revealed themselves a few nights ago in Dallas. Hart says that the rumors are exaggerated, that everything's fine between him and Backlund, that he'll manage his "dream team" of Backlund/Murdoch/Bundy as scheduled tonight. Hart also announces that he's enhancing his official full-time managerial services contract offer to Backlund, and hopes to have a deal finalized shortly. (B-) Hart is interrupted by video footage from this Monday's event in Dallas, which shows Backlund completely snap and attack all of his managerial candidates - Hart, Lord Alfred Hayes, and Skandor Akbar. (C+). The shot cuts back to Hart, and Lance Russell asks him to explain how things can be "fine", after what we just saw. Hart is irritated and wants to know who ran that footage, and maintains at the end of the day, he'll be standing tall in WCCW as the manager of the best wrestler in the world, Bob Backlund. (C+)

-Iceman Parsons defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:10 by pinfall. (D).

-Lance Russell interviews Kerry Von Erich about his match tomorrow night against the man he eliminated last to win the Texas Rumble, Dick Murdoch. (C-) Kerry says he's ready for Murdoch, and also more than willing to be a part of Bobby Eaton's invitational "battle royal" to determine his first challenger - but he hasn't received an invitation yet. Kerry also hypes his match tonight with Adrian Adonis. (C). Kerry mentions Adonis' odd behavior as of late.

-Kerry Von Erich defeats Adrian Adonis in 17:20 by countout after Adonis became distracted and confused and wandered away from ringside. (B-). Adonis seemed distracted throughout the match, often displaying feminine characteristics. Kerry seemed off his game.

-Lance Russell interviews Bruno Sammartino about his son's match tonight with Roddy Piper, and also about his own match against Piper, just announced for tomorrow night's Thanksgiving Star Wars event. Sammartino said he's fought Piper all over the country, he's beat him up again and again, including in a steel cage environment. Sammartino says that tomorrow night it's just 1-on-1, in the ring, hopefully for the final time in his feud. (C+)

-Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) defeats David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 7:11 by submission. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. Adonis was at ringside, but still seemed confused and distracted, must to the frustration of Piper. After the match, Piper gloated to Bruno about his easy win over David, but didn't want to get involved with Bruno right now.

-Group B, Match 3
King Kong Bundy, Dick Murdoch, & Bob Backlund (w/Gary Hart) defeat The Great Kabuki, Tiger Mask, & Curt Hennig in 20:51 in a wild, overbooked brawl after Backlund pinned Kabuki. (B-). Bundy was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. Backlund was hostile toward Hart, and his teammates, throughout the match, putting them at a disadvantage. Still, he was also very effective against his opponents, and eventually won the match all by himself after putting submission holds on both of his teammates. The announcers also hyped Kabuki's no-DQ match against Magic Dragon tomorrow, and wondered out loud if Dragon would make an appearance here (he didn't).

-(Group B Standings)
1T. Curt Hennig, The Great Kabuki, & Tiger Mask (1 pinfall win, 1 loss, 3 points, 2 matches remaining)
1T. King Kong Bundy, Bob Backlund, & Dick Murdock (1 pinfall win, 1 loss, 3 points, 2 matches remaining)
2. Doug Somers, Perry Jackson & Perry Orton (1 DQ win, 1 loss, 1 point, 2 matches remaining)

OVERALL SHOW RATING: C+

THOUGHTS:

-OK show. Kind of a weird show.

-The story with the main event was that Backlund was attacking all of the other 5 men in the match, and Gary Hart, and kind of just by luck, he was able to score the win for his team in the process. This team somehow has to manage to wrestle together at least twice more in this tournament.

-That match, and Adonis/Kerry, kept our rating respectable. Adonis is going through some kind of cross-dressing identity crisis, I imagine it being played for comedy.

-I've put a lot of hype into Sheepherders/Road Warriors, but the fans just don't seem that into it. I waited to long, and the storyline rating has been hurt as a result.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #721
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Adrian Adonis was exhausted after the last show.

-The TV Show gets a 2.89 rating. That's our lowest rating in 2 months.

-The final announced card for Thanksgiving Star Wars:

Kevin Von Erich v. Greg Valentine

Adrian Street v. Mike Von Erich

-The Road Warriors v. The Sheepherders

-10-Man Battle Royal
-Winner faces Bobby Eaton for the WCCW World Title.

-No-DQ
The Great Kabuki v. Magic Dragon

-Bruno Sammartino v. Roddy Piper

-Curt Hennig & Tiger Mask v. Arturo Mendoza & King Kong Bundy

-Kerry Von Erich v. Dick Murdoch.

-The first debate between the three candidates for WCCW Commissioner (Mr. Wrestling II, Jose Lothario, Ray Stevens), moderated by Lance Russell
Old 11-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #722
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Thanksgiving Star Wars
Thursday, Week 4, November 1984
Dallas, TX (Midwest - Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,955 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 3,914

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:36 by submission. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
The Missouri Mauler cuts a promo hyping his client Barry Orton's match against David Sammartino, and notes that David was dominated last night by Roddy Piper. (D). David cuts a promo hyping the match as well. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) defeats Barry Orton (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 7:17 by pinfall. (D+)

-Kerry Von Erich defeats Dick Murdoch in 10:47 by pinfall. (B-). The two showed good chemistry. After the match, Kerry hyped his hard-fought victory over the tough Murdoch. (C+). He also notes that he never did receive an invite to Bobby Eaton's 10-man "contender" tournament.

-Roddy Piper came out and delivered a delirious promo hyping his upcoming match with Bruno Sammartino. Piper hyped his dominating win over Bruno's son David last night, and briefly recapped his lengthy feud with the Sammartinos. (B)

-Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) defeated Bruno Sammartino (w/David Sammartino) in 8:29 by submission. (C+). After the match, Piper quickly leaves the ringside area as David checks on his father. Piper grabs a mic and says that he sees a lot of potential in David, and that his match last night against David was much more difficult than his match tonight against Bruno. Piper calls Bruno a failure for not accomplishing his goal of winning championship gold in WCCW. Piper then tells David that he can accomplish that thing that his father never could - Piper offers to join David's six-man tag team in the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Tournament if only David kicks his father off of the team. Piper says such a move would obviously be a huge upgrade, and it would lead to a definite championship reign for David - Piper tells David to mull that over as he looks over his washed-up father. David looks surprised. (B).

-Arturo Mendoza & King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) drew with Curt Hennig & Tiger Mask in 13:31 following a Double DQ. (B+). Gary Hart interfered for the heels.

Mike Von Erich defeats Adrian Street in 4:43 by submission to win the Cruiserweight Championship for a 3rd time. (B) Adrian Adonis continued his recently-discovered fascination of Street, wandering down to ringside and trying on some of Street's attire that was left around ringside. Street became distracted and went to confront Adonis, who reacted as if he was meeting a movie star. The constant distractions of Adonis helped lead to Mike's win. After the match, Adonis wandered away, still wearing Street's ring robe, wig, and boa.

-The Road Warriors came to the ring and cut an angry promo, hyping their upcoming match with The Sheepherders. The Road Warriors say that they've waited all year for this match, and have put up a lot of money for the opportunity to bash The Sheepherders' brains in. (C+)

-The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat The Road Warriors in 8:52 when Miller pinned Hawk after interference by Akbar (who grabbed Hawk's leg, rendering him unable to kick out). (B+) After the 3-count, The Sheepherders and Akbar quickly fled the ringside area to safety. The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-WCCW Commissioner Debate #1
Lance Russell moderates a debate between the three candidates for the job: Jose Lothario, Ray Stevens, and Mr. Wrestling II. (C+). A rough platform of each is as follows:
-Lothario: the only home-grown candidate, fiercely loyal to WCCW and vested in it's continued growth. Lothario feels that while the promotion should continue to expand all over the world, they should never forget their roots in Texas. Would create a championship committee that determined title contenders and would schedule mandatory title defenses, and a discipline committee that handles suspensions and fines. Feels that the in-ring product should continue to evolve and become more exciting, which he'd accomplish by bringing in top wrestlers from around the world, who would all introduce their unique styles to WCCW.
-Stevens: the only candidate who's been a world champion. He favors a promotion with less sizzle, more substance. He wants to get back to basics -and ban wrestlers from coming off of the top rope, a more literal reading of DQ rules, etc. He thinks wrestlers should be allowed to contract with each other for matches and title defenses as they see fit, without an overpowering "government" telling them what they have to do.
-Mr. Wrestling II: Would be a "law and order" commissioner, and would be the one and only boss. Champions would be forced to defend their titles whenever he saw fit. Suspensions and Fines could likewise be ordered at his discretion. The best structure is a great leader who cares about his organization.

-No-DQ Match
The Great Kabuki defeats Magic Dragon (w/Gary Hart) in 3:57 by pinfall in a dominating victory that involved green mist for both Dragon and Hart. Dragon was prepared for the "first batch", and was wearing a protective mask over his regular mask, but Kabuki simply sprayed Dragon again, with several chair shots and a table spot thrown in for good measure. (C)

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton about the upcoming 10-man battle royal, the winner of which will immediately face Eaton for the World Title. Eaton says he stocked the battle royal with the top competition that wasn't already booked to wrestle tonight, and that it's a true lineup of all-stars. (B-).

-10 Man Battle Royal
-Winner gets WCCW World Title Shot
Iceman Parsons wins the battle royal, last eliminating Nikita Koloff. The match also featured The Villanos, Mark Youngblood, Adrian Adonis, Doug Somers, Owen Hart, Perry Jackson, and Steve Olsonoski. (C+)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Bobby Eaton drew with Iceman Parsons in 7:31 by Double DQ to make his 1st title defense. (B+). Eaton started out the match dominating the tired Parsons, but Parsons surprised Eaton by gaining steam and taking the match over - until interference by a returning Koko B. Ware. Ware's interference (which included a vicious chairshot) appeared to give Eaton control of the match until David Von Erich appeared out of nowhere to brutally attack Ware, the man responsible for putting him out of action several months ago. In the ensuing melee, the referee was accidentally knocked unconscious, and David attacked Eaton and put Parsons on top of him for the potential 3-count. When the referee awoke however, he sensed the confusion, and called for a double-dq. (B+). Eaton & Ware fled, and David cut a promo saying he'll catch up to them and make them pay dearly (C+)

-Lance Russell interviews Greg Valentine about his upcoming TV Title shot against Kevin Von Erich. Valentine puts over his current reign as Georgia Championship Wrestling National TV Champion, and promises to unify those belts tonight. (B-). Kevin cuts a promo hyping the match as well, and puts over Valentine's toughness. (B)

Kevin Von Erich defeats Greg Valentine in 23:15 by submission to make his 9th defense of the title. (B+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, the four Von Erich brothers (who had a very successful night) celebrated together in the ring. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-Solid show, with a bunch of good matches.

-I couldn't have expected more from Kevin/Valentine considering their bad chemistry. This was better than their "B" rated draw in Georgia a few weeks ago. Kevin has gone 2 months and 13 matches without a loss.

-The World Title Match was a little crazy. The idea was that Parsons came THIS close to winning the title thanks to David's interference, which only happened after Koko seemingly cost Parsons the match. I've kept up the Parsons/Von Erich friendship where I could, even though they're not really involved in storylines together. I like the idea of different wrestlers having different kinds of relationships with each other, that aren't always on the forefront of everything, but come up when appropriate. Aside from the crazy booking of that match, it was also very well rated.

-Eaton's getting pissed that the TV title continues to overshadow his world title, so while his "invitational battle royal" didn't exactly include any top contenders, it wasn't filled with jobbers either. He's trying to very conservatively gain some respect.

-It was great to see The Sheepherders/Road Warriors match do so well - another in a list of B+ matches on this show. That's very promising, and I'm not going to pull the plug on this feud or either team. I'll be curious to see if they can crack the A- mark once the storyline heats up.

-Hennig stepped into Kabuki's shoe's and wrestled with one of his partners in the six-man tag tournament, Tiger Mask. They had another terrific match with Bundy/Mendoza. Hennig will maintain a friendship Tiger Mask/Kabuki as long as they're all together in WCCW.

-Mike has actually had 6 title reigns since this dynasty started (3-time Cruiserweight Champion, Six-Man Tag Champion, WWA Tag Team Champ, WCCW American Tag Champ). He'll probably get a decently long reign until I permanently hand this division over to the REAL Cruiserweight talent (should the financial situation allow it).

-Piper has finally gotten the upper hand in his feud with The Sammartinos, and he's using that advantage to try to tear the family apart by encouraging David to dump his father. What a jerk.

-Huge (clean) win for Kerry over Murdoch. He mostly just got that win because I knew Kevin and Mike were winning and David was making an appearance, so this would be a "Von Erich night".

-Greg Valentine, Adrian Street, and Magic Dragon all complete their loan contracts with WCCW tonight. Since all won or drew their first 2 matches, they were all allowed to lose here (house rule). Valentine gave Kevin some solid matches, Street did the same with Mike (and was the catalyst for whatever is going to happen to Adonis), and Magic Dragon was just a disaster for Gary Hart, who brought him in to destroy Kabuki, only to have the opposite happen in short order.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #723
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-While inevitable, the news is still shocking. The WWF has closed their doors after increasing financial issues. The WWF was the world's most prestigious promotion, and their demise will change the entire future of wrestling. Their final show was in Wisconsin, and their final match featured Hulk Hogan defeating Larry Zbyszko. I'll post much more about the death of the WWF, but for now, the first thing I do is request negotiations with Hogan and Vince McMahon. So many options here. I could just upgrade my roster with available talent, have an heel WWF "invading" faction, or try to start a WWF brand in the northeast. It's kind of sad to see all these new names on the unemployed list: Howard Finkle, Linda McMahon, Lou Albano, The Grand Wizard, Gorilla Monsoon, Pat Patterson, etc. I notice that Ric Flair and Harley Race are also still unemployed, only because they don't feel that ANY surviving promotion is big enough for them to deal with right now.

-It appears there will be other big players falling soon. All-Japan, New Japan, and Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre are all said to be "on the brink". The entire wrestling economy is falling apart.

-Jim Duggan and Dick Murdoch won the Mid-South Tag Team Championship from The Junkyard Dog and Mr. Wrestling II.

-I sign Len Denton (aka "The Grappler #1") for 9 months at $1,250 and Tony Anthony (aka "The Grappler #2) for 9 months at $850. These guys are no threats to the WCCW Tag Titles, but are maybe a step above The Villanos.

-Mr. Wrestling II, Steve Olsonoski, Mark Youngblood Bruno Sammartino, and Mike Von Erich complain about their pushes. The only new one there is Mike.

-With all the promotions closing recently, a new one has somehow managed to form - The St. Louis Wrestling Club. They're a small-sized "pure" style promotion (a style based on traditional wrestling and little/no angles). It will be interesting to see who they bring in.

Last edited by molson : 11-22-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #724
molson
General Manager

THE DEATH OF THE WWF

Some other info on the death of the world's biggest wrestling promotion. Their death, by the way, leaves WCCW as the the most prestigious wrestling promotion in the world. When the dynasty started, we were in a 3-way tie for 9th most prestigious.

It's been a brutal couple of years for wrestling. The WWF is the 9th promotion to fold since the dynasty started, joining:

-CWA (Memphis)
-Championship Wrestling From Florida
-Central States (St. Louis)
-All-Star Wrestling (British Columbia)
-Joint Promotions (UK)
-Houston Championship Wrestling
-WWA (Great Lakes)
-Powerful Women of Wrestling

The Final WWF Champions:
-WWF Heavyweight Champion: Sgt. Slaughter
-WWF Intercontinental Champion: Jerry Lawler
-WWF Tag Team Champions: Paul Orndorff & Bob Backlund

Top Unemployed Former WWF Workers (Wrestlers who weren't working with anyone else at the time of WWF's closing, and who are thus now unemployed)
-Hulk Hogan
-The Invaders
-Rocky Johnson
-Pedro Morales
-The Grand Wizard
-Buddy Rodgers
-Fred Blassie
-Gorilla Monsoon
-Pat Patterson
-Lou Albano
-Big John Studd
-Chief Jay Strongbow
-Mr. Fugi
-Vince K. McMahon
-Vince J. McMahon
-Linda McMahon
Old 11-24-2008, 06:07 AM   #725
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congratulations on climbing atop the heap, although it does not really feel like you are thriving when you have 1,000 empty seats for Star Wars. Still, it seems like you are way outperforming the now-closed competition.

Based on others who are playing this format, is this typical for the time period or does the tough economy represent a particularly tough 'random event' in the game?

Will the failures of other promotions lead to better opportunities with TV, marketing, etc due to a lack of viable options? Or are you performing in a relative vacuum, with only your own financial numbers dictating TV?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #726
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Congratulations on climbing atop the heap, although it does not really feel like you are thriving when you have 1,000 empty seats for Star Wars. Still, it seems like you are way outperforming the now-closed competition.

Based on others who are playing this format, is this typical for the time period or does the tough economy represent a particularly tough 'random event' in the game?

Will the failures of other promotions lead to better opportunities with TV, marketing, etc due to a lack of viable options? Or are you performing in a relative vacuum, with only your own financial numbers dictating TV?

Ya, the attendance for the last show was a disappointment, but I'm still experimenting with ticket cost v. attendance values. I should try a show at a bigger arena with cheaper tickets just to see where I max out, and who knows, maybe there's some hidden bonus for well-attended shows. While my national popularity has shot up, by popularity in my best region (Texas) is about where it was when I started. It will take breaking through to A-Quality shows to improve there and get the huge attendance numbers, and there's just no hurry to do that as long as I'm increasing in popularity everywhere else.

I think every promotion is in a vacuum when it comes to fan interest - another company going under doesn't mean there's more fans for me. The only impact is the availability and affordability of talent. More unemployed workers means workers who will work for cheaper, eventually (once their popularity goes down from being out of the spotlight). That happened with Dick Murdoch. He considered me "too small" for the longest time, but once he was out of action 6 months, suddenly I was good enough. That will happen eventually with the rest of the big stars still out on the sidelines (Race, Flair, Hogan). I really don't have any competition for those guys now, it's just a matter of what I can afford.

Last edited by molson : 11-24-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #727
molson
General Manager

MAIN EVENT SNAPSHOT

Just to give an idea of the state of wrestling post-WWF, here's the current main eventers and upper midcarders for all of the promotions in the world (promotions are ranked by prestige). Note that even though a smaller promotion may claim a big star on their roster, their access to him might be limited if he also works for a higher promotion.

1. WCCW: Bobby Eaton, Curt Hennig, David Von Erich, Bob Backlund, Roddy Piper, Road Warriors, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, Koko B. Ware, Adrian Adonis.

2. Mid-Atlantic: Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, Terry Funk, Ivan Koloff, Greg Valentine, Dusty Rhodes, Gino Hernandez, Dory Funk Jr. Jake Roberts, Dick Slater, Jesse Ventura, Joe LeDuc

3. AWA: Wahoo McDaniel, Manny Fernandez, Jerry Stubbs, Nick Bockwinkle, Steve Keirn, Buzz Sawyer, Rick Martel, Ted Dibiase, Les Thorton, Bill Dundee, Bob Armstrong, Bobby Eaton

4. All Japan: Jumbo Tsuruta, Mr. Saito, Giant Baba, Bruiser Brody, Mark Rocco, Mighty Inoue, Akira Maeda, Umanosuke Ueda

5. Georgia Championship Wrestling: Steve Keirn, Jerry Stubbs, Stan Hanson, Buzz Sawyer, Manny Fernandez, Greg Valentine, Jake Roberts, Bob Armstrong, Mr. Wrestling II, Ronnie Garvin

6. New Japan: Abdullah The Butcher, Antonio Inoki, Seiji Sakaguchi, Genichiro Tenryu, Osamu Kido, Bob Orton Jr, Animal Hamaguchi, Hector Guerrero.

7. Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: El Satanico, Lizmark, El Faraon, Fishman, El Supremo, Ultraman, Perro Aguayo, Kung Fu

8. Mid-South: Junkyard Dog, Mr. Wrestling II, Jim Duggan, Dick Murdoch, Stan Lane, Magnum TA

9. UWA: Fishman, Canek, Kung Fu, Enrique Vera, Brazo De Plata, Kato Kung Lee, El Brazo, MS-1

10. All-Star Wrestling (UK): Mark Rocco, Steve Wright, Fit Finlay, Tony St. Claire, The Amazing Kung Fu, Mary Jones, Skull Murphy, Steve Grey

11. WWC: David Schultz, Scott Irwin, Carlos Colon, Koko B. Ware, Hercules Ayala, Invader III, Buddy Roberts, Ricky Morton

12. Pacific Northwest: Jerry Lawler, Greg Valentine, Paul Orndorff, Jerry Stubbs, Rick Martel, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Ted Dibiase, Don Muraco, Adrian Street

13. CWA (Europe): Axel Dieter, Klaus Kauroff, Mile Zrno, Otto Wanz, Tony St. Claire, Moose Morowski, Caswell Martin, Fit Finlay

14. All Japan Women's Wrestling: Dump Matsumoto, Devil Masami, Jaguar Yokota, Itsuki Yamazaki, Mami Kumano, Yumi Ikeshita

15. Maple Leaf Wrestling: Adrian Adonis, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, John Quinn, Larry Zbyszko, Dick Slater, Sgt. Slaughter, Gama Singh

16. SECW: Stan Lane, Super Olympia, Butch Reed, Pez Whatley, Dennis Condrey, Tito Santana

17. International Wrestling (Montreal): Gerry Morrow, Sailor White, Dynamite Kid, Haku, Michael Hayes, Pierre Lefebvre

18. Atlantic Grand-Prix: Gerry Morrow, Leo Burke, The Spoiler, Gilles Poisson, Pierre Lefebvre, Moondog Moretti, Gama Singh, Bob Orton Jr.

19. Calgary Stampede: Leo Burke, Jacques Rougeau, The Spoiler, Ricky Steamboat, Dynamite Kid, Bad News Allen, Tiger Mask, Bret Hart

20. SWCW: Buddy Rose, Paul Orndorff, Bob Armstrong, Butch Reed, Adrian Street, Dick Slater

21. UWF (Japan): Jay Youngblood, Gran Harnada, Riki Choshu, Bob Roop, Mitsuharu Misawa, The Amazing Kung Fu, The Cobra, Magic Dragon

22. St. Louis Wrestling Club: No wrestlers yet.

23. GLOW: Vine, Mountain Fiji, Matilda The Hun, Tammy Jones, California Doll, Ashley Cartier, Spanish Red, Meena The Headhunter, Hollywood, Manna The Headhunter, Tina Ferrari, Susie Spirit, Debbie Debutante, Colonel Ninotchka

24. ICW: Rip Rodgers, Ronnie Garvin, Randy Savage, Ratamyas, Lanny Poffo, Sonny Rodgers.

Biggest Stars Not Listed Above:
-Ric Flair (hasn't wrestled since losing NWA World Title to Ivan Koloff in July)
-Andre the Giant (out of action with multiple concussion syndrome since March, not expected back until spring 1985. Still under contract with New Japan)
-Harley Race (out of action with torn rotator cuff since March, not expected back until spring 1985. No longer under contract with any promotion)
-Superstar Billy Graham (filming a movie)
-Mil Mascaras (making only occasional appearances for CMLL)
-Tatsumi Fujinami (unemployed since leaving CWA last month)

Last edited by molson : 11-24-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #728
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ratamyas

Who?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #729
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Who?

Here's his DOTT biography:

"Bill Howard was a solid worker with a reasonably formidable look who had traveled the circuit performing throughout the US and Japan during the 70s. His biggest impact came with ICW promoter Angelo Poffo in 1982 as the madman Ratamyas, a bizarre combination of The Great Kabuki - painting his face and spraying a green mist, and the Sheik - using foreign objects to maim and a Camel Cluch move (The Devil's Triangle) to finish them off. And top top it all off, he ate fire".

Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #730
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I've re-signed Jose Lothario for another 8 months at $1,350/show, a slight raise from $1,250/show. Lothario, who's now 46 years old, will see his in-ring career will end if he wins the WCCW Commissioner job.

-The Road Warriors strong performance at Thanksgiving Star Wars earned them another contract. If that match had been a dud, I would have sent them on their way. Road Warrior Animal has been inked first, at $1,675/show for 9 months, a raise from his last deal of $1,300/show. Negotiations with Hawk will kick off in a few days.

-With the King of Texas Death Match Tournament set for this month, I extend invitations with some the best brawlers/hardcore guys in the world: Abudullah the Butcher, The Original Sheik, Terry Funk, Terry Gordy, Manny Fernandez, Mr. Pogo, Stan Hansen, Kevin Sullivan, Sgt. Slaughter, and the winner of last year's tournament, Bruiser Brody. I'm sure they'll be various roadblocks in the way of signing most of those guys, but hopefully I can bring a couple in.

-Sometime before I sent all those negotiations out, I made a couple of talent trades for the purposes of the King of The Texas Death Match Tournament. I bring in Sika of the Wild Samoans from mid-south, and Buzz Sawyer from New Japan (he also works for Georgia and the AWA - where he was World Champion for much of 1984). Sawyer has developed into a gigantic star in this universe, he's a candidate for A+ matches against our main eventers. Sika is assigned as a upper-midcard heel. I'd love to mix it up and bring him in as an ass-kicking face, but he just doesn't have the ratings to pull that off. Interestingly, Sika doesn't have the required intensity rating for the "Savage Samoan" gimmick, so he's assigned as a "Weirdo". I do mix things up though, with Buzz Sawyer, who is assigned as a main event face, due to the potential number of heels in the tournament. He'll retain his "Mad Dog" gimmick (a crazy uncontrollable maniac who yet often times gets the approval of the fans).

-I assign the recently-signed Grapplers as lower midcard heels. That puts them slightly above the Villanos, who may possibly be looking at a face turn to feud with The Grapplers in a mask v. mask feud. Les Denton (aka Grappler #1) has a "masked brute" gimmick, and the less-talented Tony Anthony (aka Grappler #2) will go with a "silent bodyguard" gimmick. He'll be masked also, but doesn't have the attributes to be a "brute". Denton will do all the talking.

Last edited by molson : 12-01-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #731
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF NOVEMBER 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 65.5% (Up From 65.4% last month)
-Midwest: 62.6% (Same as last month)
-Southeast: 52.8% (up from 51.4% last month)
-New England: 48.7% (up from 47.5% last month)
-North West: 48.0% (up from 46.4% last month)
-Great Lakes: 47.8% (up from 46.4% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 47.8% (up from 46.4% last month)
-Tri-State: 47.8% (up from 46.4% last month)
-Southwest: 47.7% (up from 46.3% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (Same as last month)

-We've probably hit bottom in the Texas, as popularity there actually increases this month.

-With our debut in the Northwest last month, that becomes our #5 region.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 447,766 (443,386)
Sponsors: 76,983 (76,364)
Merchandise: 14,286 (212,000)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 360,142 (323,135)
Show Costs: 106,500 (106,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 25,197 (27,096)
Production: 75,000 (40,000)
Misc: 139,553 (138,679)

Total Profit: $-192,375 ($71,350)
Cash in Bank: $459,189 ($651,564)

-Well, the bizarre and unexplained 2-month surge in merchandising revenue has ended, and I take a HUGE loss this month. I still have no idea why I sold more $ worth of merchandise in September/October than the rest of game combined. Hopefully I stumble upon it again.

-Obviously keeping up the spending of October, I can't stay in business very long, so I have to be a little stingy the rest of 1984.

-I keep the Home Video business going, but downgrade from "above average" quality stuff to "standard" quality. I consider scrapping the home video department only because I didn't have one when I was selling all that merchandise, but I don't think there's a cause and effect relationship there, and the home video business doesn't cost much. It also helps increase our popularity.

-I go back to in-house music production after experimenting with licensing for a month. That will probably bring our show ratings down a notch, but I just can't afford it right now.

-I've decreased our merchandise quality back from "above average" to "standard", where it was when I was selling a ton.

-I'm planning to run at least 8 of the 9 November shows in Texas to maximize revenue. That will slow down our national popularity growth, but I need to stop the financial bleeding.

-A round of talent cuts is most definitely on the way. And any of the big stars I sign for the King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament will probably be let go immediately following that tournament. That'll prevent them from working for me again for at least 6 months, I'll have to take that into account.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

(All set to sell every type of merchandise)

Low Level:
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Buzz Sawyer

Very Low Level
-Fritz Von Erich
-Iceman Parsons
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Koko B. Ware
-Roddy Piper
-Tiger Mask
-The Great Kabuki
-Curt Hennig
-Bruno Sammartino

-Only tweak from last month is adding Buzz Sawyer to "low level". Otherwise, this is essentially the same as it was when I was selling a ton in September/October.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #732
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of November 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 95.7% Prestige (Up From 94.7% Last Month)
Main Event Title
Bobby Eaton (1 title defense, 2 month reign).

-Television Champion - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin Von Erich - (9 title defenses, 3 month reign)

-World Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich - (5 title defenses, 3 month reign)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 66.5% Prestige (Down from 68.5% last month)
Midcard Title
Vacant

-Cruiserweight Championship - 36.5% Prestige (up from 33.9% last month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - newly crowned
Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #733
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF NOVEMBER 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Tag Team Title Storyline: Mendoza/Bundy v. Kerry/Kevin v. Kabuki/Tiger Mask (April, recently evolved to include Kerry/Kevin)
2. Bob Backlund's manager: Backlund/Akbar/Hayes/Hart (September)
3T. Eaton/Koko hides the belt from David (Eaton/Koko/David Von Erich) (October)
3T. Piper v. Bruno: Piper/Bruno/David Sammartino/Adonis) (July)
5. Nikita Koloff's 3-minute challenge: Koloff/Parsons (September)
6. Road Warriors v. Sheepherders (January)

Lower midcarders and higher without a current or pending storyline:
-Dick Murdoch
-Curt Hennig
-Mike Von Erich
-Villano V
-The Grapplers

-A lot of the dynasty has been extremely fast-paced in terms of storyline development, but all of these stories have been going on for quite a while. It certainly would make sense to group Hennig/Murdoch together again, even though they had a mini-feud already early this year. Murdoch came out on top that time, but since then, Hennig has been promoted to main event status. Both are currently busy with the six-man-tag team championship tournament, and we have so many other storylines to develop though, so I think they'll continue to just rack up wins for the time being.

-Road Warriors/Sheepherders didn't get much of a boost from their first match, I'll be watching them closely. I'm starting to lean towards cutting loose the Warriors in a cost-cutting move, but I'll let this feud go on a little longer first.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in October, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

NONE

-As the world's most prestigious promotion, I am now EVERYONE'S top priority. Mid-Atlantic is just slightly behind me though, so I have to keep an eye on them.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts (this list includes does not include wrestlers who who are exclusively contracted to us, but as of the beginning of the month, have outstanding loan commitments with other promotions).

-Al Perez
-Arturo Mendoza
-Barry Orton
-Bronco Lubich
-Curt Hennig
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Sammartino
-Doug Somers
-Dusty Wolfe
-Fritz Von Erich
-The Grapplers
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Mark Youngblood
-Mike Von Erich
-Nikita Koloff
-Owen Hart
-Perry Jackson
-Ricky Romero
-Road Warrior Animal
-Steve Olsonoski
-Ted
-The Great Kabuki
-The Missouri Mauler
-Villano IV
-Villano V

-With the closure of other promotions, this list continues to grow.

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Bruno Samartino is furious about how he's being pushed
-Curt Hennig is extremely annoyed about how he's been pushed
-David Sammartino is unhappy about how he's been pushed
-David Von Erich is furious about how often he's been unused
-Fritz Von Erich is furious about how often he's been unused
-Koko B. Ware is unhappy about how often he's been unused
-Mark Youngblood is extremely annoyed about how he's being pushed
-Mr. Wrestling II is very unhappy about how he's being pushed
-Roddy Piper is unhappy about how many losses he's taken
-Steve Olsonoski is very unhappy about how he's being pushed
-Ted is not enjoying the backstage atmosphere

-Probably the most unhappy locker room I've had yet. I'm surprised to see Hennig still on her after I promoted him to main eventer last month - I'm sure he'll cheer up soon.

-Koko and David Von Erich are understandably unhappy about their exclusion from shows over the last few months (though Koko also went through a gimmick change, so he should be a little more understanding). They'll be a major part of the shows again ASAP, so that should clear up.

-This is the first time I've seen Fritz on the list - I'll have to give him some kind of role that puts him on TV occasionally. Maybe he'll manage Mike or something.

-Olosonoski has reached C+ in a couple of his matches last month, so he's an earned another chance. I've even bumped him up to lower midcarder, so maybe he'll shut up.

-The last thing we need in the locker room is an angry bear. I cut loose Ted, who will be a mere footnote in WCCW history. Maybe he'll do some kind of job on his way out.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-These are guys that have let me know they think they should be pushed better (including those listed above, whose complaints have risen to the level of affecting morale). It seems as though when I promote guy to where he wants to be (for example, Curt Hennig), his complaint about his push goes away immediately, but his morale stays low for a while. (loan agreement workers designated by *). This includes changes I've made just now, to be reflected in the roster run-down.

-David Sammartino thinks he should be a midcarder
-Grappler #1 thinks he should be a midcarder
-Mark Youngblood thinks he should be an opener
-Mike Von Erich thinks he should be a midcarder
-Mr. Wrestling II thinks he should be a main eventer
-Perry Jackson thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Road Warrior Animal thinks he should be a main eventer
-Roddy Piper thinks he should be a main eventer
-Tiger Mask thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-The Missouri Mauler wants to be an occasional wrestler

-The complains here are a little lower than previous months. I moved Olonoski and Barry Orton up. Bruno Sammartino just disappeared for some reason - maybe he wants to wrestle after all?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #734
molson
General Manager

Current Momentum Ratings (End of November, 1984), with last month is parenthesis.

A
Koko B. Ware (A)

A-
None

B+
None

B
Kerry Von Erich (B-)
Curt Hennig (B)
Kevin Von Erich (B-)
David Von Erich (B)

B-
Bobby Eaton (B+)
Roddy Piper (C+)
Iceman Parsons (C+)

C+
Luke Williams (C-)
Butch Miller (C)
Nikita Koloff (C)
King Kong Bundy (C)
Mike Von Erich (D)
Bob Backlund (C+)
Arturo Mendoza (C+)
Dick Murdock (B-)
Tiger Mask (C+)

C:
Bruno Sammartino (C)
Road Warrior Hawk (C+)
The Great Kabuki (C)

C-
Road Warrior Animal (C)
Adrian Adonis (B)

D+
Al Perez (D)
Villano V (D+)
Doug Somers (C-)

D
None

D-
Dusty Wolfe (D)
David Sammartino (C-)

E+
Perry Jackson (E)
Villano IV (E+)

E
Steve Olsonoski (D-)

E-
None

F+
Mark Youngblood (D-)
Owen Hart (E-)

F
None

F-
Barry Orton (E)

Not Yet Debuted:
-The Grapplers
-Sika
-Buzz Sawyer

Rising in Novmeber: Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Roddy Piper, Iceman Parsons, The Sheepherders, Nikita Koloff, King Kong Bundy, Mike Von Erich, Al Perez, Perry Jackson

Falling in November: Bobby Eaton, Dick Murdoch, The Road Warriors, Adrian Adonis, Doug Somers, Dusty Wolfe, David Sammartino, Steve Olsonoski, Mark Youngblood, Owen Hart

-I think the momentum ratings work really well in this game - they're a great measure of someone's kayfabe momentum in terms of w/l.

Last edited by molson : 12-07-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #735
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF NOVEMBER, 1984

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Buzz Sawyer (loan contract)
Curt Hennig
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware

-Some changes in this group. Sawyer will be a huge deal while he's with us, he's one of the biggest stars in the world. Koko B. Ware moves up based on his momentum rating, and the fact that he's about to enter a series of grudge matches with David Von Erich. Dick Murdoch moves out. Roddy Piper had been here during the month, he moves back down too.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Sika (loan contract)
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Roddy Piper
Kevin Von Erich
Dick Murdoch

-Murdoch moves down here, Sika gets a favorable push as a Samoan monster. Road Warriors move down from this group to the midcard. Piper's been losing a lot lately and that will probably continue - he's the most expensive guy on the roster and I'll push him out soon (I know I've been saying that forever). He's a great guy on the roster, he's entertaining in everything he's in, but that salary of his just really stands out from everyone else's. Dick Murdoch's also been in a bit of a slump, but he's more likely to turn it around.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Iceman Parsons
The Road Warriors
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Sheepherders
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki

-The Road Warriors move down to this group - they're just not in the class of the others in the upper midcard. I thought about bumping up Tiger Mask - he and Mendoza could easily be a notch higher, but I'll holdoff until early in the new year, when our roster gets scaled down/retooled. I'll survey the damage and give them a shot at promotion then. Parsons is also getting some main event time in his mini-feud with Bobby Eaton, but his stamina probably will hold him back to be a career midcarder.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Mike Von Erich
Doug Somers
David Sammartino
Villano V
The Grapplers
Steve Olsonoski

-The masked Grapplers move into this group, as does Olsonoski. I'm actually kind of mad at myself that I've succumbed to Olsonoski's complaining. I don't see how he survives any real talent cutting.

OPENERS

Al Perez
Villano IV
Perry Jackson
Barry Orton

-Olsonoski moved out and up, and Barry Orton joins his tag team partner Perry Jackson. The Missouri Mauler's jobber stable of Orton/Jackson/Somers has done OK, and the promotions are deserved.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Mark Youngblood
Dusty Wolfe

-Orton was promoted up from this group. I don't see any of the other ones doing the same any time soon. Mark Youngblood isn't happy about that, but he hasn't shown me anything yet.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino
Ted

-Lothario is probably retired, I'll make that adjustment next month once those plans are in place. Sammartino is winding down too.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley
The Missouri Mauler
Mr. Wrestling II
Ray Stevens
Ricky Romero

CONTRACTS UP IN NEXT 60 DAYS

-JR Foley (4 Days)
-Road Warrior Hawk (11 Days)
-Kevin Von Erich (27 Days)

-I'm not going to re-sign road agent Foley, which will save $1,350/month, at some risk of increased locker room shenanigans. I have to sign Kevin for whatever he wants, and he'll probably want a lot after the push he's gotten lately.

Last edited by molson : 12-07-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #736
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, December 1984
Orlando, FL (Midwest - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,323 Ticket prices: $2 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (Sell out)

This will be the only December show outside of Texas - I'm bringing a mostly B-Crew of guys popular in this region with the hopes of getting a cheap popularity boost here. Storylines will be mostly on hold until the TV show this week.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Dusty Wolfe about his upcoming match with Steve Olsonoski. (E-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Steve Olsonoski defeats Dusty Wolfe in 9:03 by pinfall. (D). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Olsonoski about his win. (D+)

-Fritz Von Erich cuts a promo welcoming the Orlando fans. He hypes big things for the company in 1985, and calls WCCW "the premiere wrestling organization in the world". He also hints at upcoming PPV capability which will allow fans all over the country to watch WCCW's biggest events. (D)

-Piper's Pit w/ guests Roddy Piper and Adrian Adonis.
Roddy Piper says he couldn't find any guests worthy of his show this week, so instead he's bringing Orlando the most entertaining wrestler of all - himself. Piper hypes his main event match with the debuting Buzz Sawyer. Piper says even though the southeast fans seem to think Sawyer is some kind of big deal, he plans on putting the mad dog to sleep. (B+) Piper introduces his bodyguard, Adrian Adonis, who is dressed in his normal redneck gear despite his recent flirtings with a more ambiguous lifestyle. Piper says there's nothing to worry about, Adonis is as manly and as tough as he's ever been. Adonis nods. Piper then hypes Adonis' upcoming match with David Sammartino, and references the offer he made David at Thanksgiving Star Wars - he's asked David to dump his father, and let Piper join his six-man-tag team in the title tournament in his place. Piper tells Adonis to take it easy on David tonight, as he wants to win the gold once David inevitably dumps his father from the team, and he needs David at full strength. Piper then puts over David as a future star, and says the only thing holding him back is Bruno. (C).

-David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) defeats Adrian Adonis in 7:16 by countout. (C+) Adonis seemed to have control of the match until Piper pulled Adonis out of the ring, drawing a countout for the oblivious David, who celebrated in the ring. Piper and Adonis (who didn't seem that upset), hustled back to the locker room. Bruno looked annoyed, and appeared to try to explain to his son what happened. David, apparently upset that his father was minimizing his "accomplishment", seemed a little upset. Lance Russell entered the ring and attempted to interview the pair about Piper's offer. Both refused comment. (C-)

-Lance Russell interviewed Mike Von Erich. Mike hyped his Cruiserweight title win at Thanksgiving Star Wars against Adrian Street, as well as his match tonight against Dick Murdoch. (C-)

-Dick Murdoch defeats Mike Von Erich 7:43 by pinfall. (C+). Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Murdoch cut an angry promo in the ring, calling his loss to Kerry at Thanksgiving Star Wars a fluke. (C)

-Iceman Parsons hyped his upcoming match against King Kong Bundy, as well as Parsons' win at the Thanksgiving Star Wars battle royal. (D+)

-Iceman Parsons defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 9:31 by pinfall after botched interference from Hart. (B)

-Buzz Sawyer defeats Roddy Piper (w/Adrian Adonis) in 27:57 by pinfall. (A+). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Sawyer celebrated wildly around ringside, throwing around chairs, etc. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS

-A home run main event leads to a great show rating. With Sawyer as an out-of-control face who's only in here temporarily, it just somehow made sense to have him wrestle Piper. He'll probably get another match with Piper before he closes out his loan agreement at The King of Texas Death Match tournament. I have a house rule that loan guys can't have losing records while they're in WCCW. So Piper, soon to be a victim of talent cuts, is an obvious choice to take the loss.

-Parsons/Bundy was also really, really good. I want to build up Parsons a little as his mini-feud with Bobby Eaton will continue.

-The Piper/Adonis v. Sammartinos stuff rolls on. Piper's trying to create issues between father/son, and tonight it worked.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #737
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Mr. Wrestling II arrived late to the last show (where he wasn't booked). I give him a warning.

-Adrian Adonis, Roddy Piper, Dick Murdock, and Buzz Sawyer are exhausted after the last show.

-Ted is officially released.

-I reluctantly sign Road Warrior Hawk for 9 more months at $1,675/show, a healthy raise from his old deal of $1,025/show. I don't expect him to be around to finish that contract though.

-Harley Race will be the owner of the new St. Louis Wrestling club promotion. That's kind of cool, as Race is 41, and currently out with a serious injury. Perhaps his wrestling days are over.

-I still have outstanding requests for negotiations with the following: Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon, Bruiser Brody, Abdullah the Butcher, The Shiek, Terry Funk, Terry Gordy, Manny Fernandez, Mr. Pogo, Stan Hansen, Kevin Sullivan, Sgt. Slaughter, Gorilla Monsoon, and Bill Mercer. I don't forsee actually signing more than a couple of them, if that.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #738
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 1, December 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: $1 less than default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Owen Hart about his upcoming Dark Match with Villano V. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano V defeats Owen Hart in 6:50 by pinfall. (C-)

-Lance Russell open the show quickly recapping the results and events from Thanksgiving Day Star Wars, most notably, the following:
1. Piper's win over Bruno Sammartino, and subsequent offer to Bruno's son David - kick your father out of your six-man-tag team and replace him with me.
2. Mike Von Erich regaining the Cruiserweight Championship, and the further erratic behavior of Adrian Adonis.
3. Iceman Parsons winning the "Bobby Eaton Invitational Battle Royal" and then coming just short in his challenge to Eaton's World Title, in a match featuring interference from the returning David Von Erich, and Koko B. Ware
4. The shocking victory of The Sheepherders over The Road Warriors
5. The debate between the 3 candidates for WCCW Commissioner - Mr. Wrestling II, Ray Stevens, and Jose Lothario.
6. Kevin retaining the TV title against Greg Valentine in the main event.
(D+)

-Kerry Von Erich defeats Dusty Wolfe in 3:39 by pinfall. (C) The performance of Kerry stood out. After the match, Kevin joined Kerry in the ring and the two cut a lengthy promo. First, they addressed the David/Eaton/Ware situation. They say that David will return to full-time action at the New Year's Revolution event at the end of the month, and has signed to face Koko B. Ware 1-on-1 that night. They also challenge Eaton to put the World Title on the line that night against either Kevin or Kerry. Second, Kevin and Kerry announce that they're looking to put their World Tag Team Titles on the line shortly. They say that at Thanksgiving Star Wars, The Sheepherders won, and Tiger Mask/Curt Hennig & King Kong Bundy/Arturo Mendoza were involved in a draw. Therefore, they've arranged a match for next week between those 3 teams, with the winner to be deemed #1 contender for the tag team titles. Finally, Kevin hypes his TV title defense tonight against Tiger Mask, putting Tiger Mask over as a huge challenge. (B)

-The Sheepherders come to the ring for their tag team match. They come to the ring dressed at the Road Warriors, as the theme song of the Warriors plays. Skandor Akbar cuts a promo hyping The Sheepherders win over the Road Warriors, calling them frauds. Akbar says there is now no doubt - The Sheepherders are the most devastating team in wrestling, and they now have the Von Erichs in their sights. (C+)

-The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Mike Von Erich & Steve Olsonoski in 7:55 when Miller pinned Olsonoski. (C). Butch Miller looked good. Mike & Olsonoski had bad chemistry as a team.

-Bruno Sammartino defeats Villano IV in 5:53 by submission (C). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Bruno, noting that his son David was not in his corner tonight, as he had been in every one of Bruno's matches since he came to WCCW. Hayes also touched on the events of this Monday's event in Florida, when Bruno and David didn't seem to be seeing things eye to eye. Hayes asks Bruno if he feels his son will take Piper up on his offer to replace him in the six-man-tag team tournament. Bruno says that that decision is entirely up to David, and that he's asked the third member of the team, Iceman Parsons, to respect his son's wishes. (C+)

-Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) defeats Mark Youngblood in 5:22 by pinfall. (C-)

-Skandor Akbar comes back to the ring with Nikita Koloff, and hypes Koloff's "3 minute challenge". Since the challenge began, nobody has been able to last 3 minutes with the Russian monster. He then announces the next participant - Perry Jackson. (C+). Lance Russell, on commentary, notes that all of Koloff's opponents seem to be carefully hand-picked.

-"Nikita Koloff 3-Minute Challenge Match"
Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Perry Jackson (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 0:32 by pinfall. (C-). The Missouri Mauler got into a minor scuffle with Skanor Akbar at ringside. While the managers were distracted with each other, Koloff grabbed a mic and spoke for the first time in WCCW - he says, in broken English, that the last match was too easy, and that he's opening up the 3-minute challenge to anyone in the WCCW locker room, right now. (B-). Akbar looks alarmed as Iceman Parsons comes down to ringside to accept the challenge. (B-). The announcers note that Parsons last eliminated Koloff to win the Thanksgiving Day Star Wars battle royal last week.

-"Nikita Koloff 3 Minute Challenge Match"
Iceman Parsons defeats Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) in 2:35 by pinfall. (B-). Parsons was off his game. After the match, Parsons cut a promo hyping his win, and his near miss against Bobby Eaton for the World Title last week. Parsons says that since that match ended in a draw, he should get another shot at Eaton. (C+)

-Lance Russell hypes the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament, which will resume in the next few weeks. He recaps the format and current standings. 2 Groups of 3 teams. Each team wrestles the other two twice. 3 points for a pinfall/submission win, 2 points for a dq/countout win, 1 point for a draw. The two group winners will face off in the finals for the championship. (D)

-(Group A Standings)
2. The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (2 draws: 2 points, 2 matches remaining)
3. The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons (1 loss, 1 draw, 1 point, 2 matches remaining)

-Russell notes that the Sammartinos team is in turmoil, and they need two decisive wins to take the group. If The Villanos & Mendoza can score a pinfall/submission win over The Sheepherders, they clinch the group - Russell notes that Gary Hart has promised his managerial services to the Villanos if they can win this tournament.

-(Group B Standings)
1T. Curt Hennig, The Great Kabuki, & Tiger Mask (1 pinfall win, 1 loss, 3 points, 2 matches remaining)
1T. King Kong Bundy, Bob Backlund, & Dick Murdock (1 pinfall win, 1 loss, 3 points, 2 matches remaining)
2. Doug Somers, Perry Jackson & Barry Orton (1 DQ win, 1 loss, 1 point, 2 matches remaining)

-Russell notes that the "dream team" of Bundy/Backlund/Murdoch is in absolute disarray, after coming to blows in their last tournament match. The underdog team of Somers/Jackson/Orton is very much alive - but they need to pull at least one big upset via pinfall/submission to have a chance.

-As Bob Backlund comes to the ring, a video plays showing Backlund's freak-out several weeks ago when he physically attacked all 3 men that are vying for his managerial services - Gary Hart, Skandor Akbar, and Lord Alfred Hayes. (C+) Backlund then cut an angry promo in the ring, saying that all 3 managers are worthless. He also rages against his partners in the six-man-tag team tournament, King Kong Bundy (who he calls a fat slob), and Dick Murdoch (who he calls a greasy redneck). Backlund then challenges the two to a 2-1 handicap match, right now. (B-). After some more insults, Bundy and Murdoch head to the ring - Gary Hart tags alongside, desperately pleading with both men not to get involved, as he watches his "dream team" implode. (C+). Bundy and Murdoch however, reach the ring, and the match starts.

-2-1 Handicap Match
Bob Backlund defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) & Dick Murdoch in 9:58 by DQ after Gary Hart's constant interference. (A) Hart was simply trying to prevent the three from fighting, and continously risked his well-being to get between the three.

Kevin Von Erich drew with Tiger Mask in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (B-). Kevin makes his 10th defense of the TV Title. The two showed poor chemistry.

THOUGHTS:

-Our final rating was dinged because I advertised Backlund in a 1-on-1 match, and apparently the 2-1 match didn't qualify. Minor game bug, as didn't get the customary warning (I vaguely remember making that mistake before). Still, good enough to increase our popularity across most of the country.

-The main event was a disappointment, but at least that was explained by bad chemistry. I took a chance on a unique matchup.

-The match of the night was the match before it, the handicap match. Backlund is SO close to being a face - he's beating up heels and heel managers alike. I like this storyline. Hart put together this "dream team" but their egos are too big to succeed, at least at the moment.

-Parsons is getting his biggest push of the dynasty right now. That probably won't last too far into 1985, but he's a guy I want to keep around, so it's good exposure.

Last edited by molson : 12-15-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #739
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Tough luck for the AWA, whose World Champion, Jerry Stubbs shattered his elbow during a title defense against Manny Fernandez and will be out for a year. The AWA has already vacated the World Title - it will be interesting to see who they give it to.

-Dan Davis is being hyped on the dirt sheets as a future star.

-Afa of the Wild Samoans won his first ever singles title, the Mid-South TV Title, defeating Iron Mike Sharpe. Of course, I signed Sika recently to take part in this month's King of the Texas Death Match Tournament. However, the very next day, Afa lost the TV title to Stan Lane. That's Lane's first singles title

-Rick Rude and The Undertaker, who has entered the universe since the dynasty began, gets their first big breaks as they signs Mid-South. I believe that's the first time I've seen an AI promotion sign a game-generated wrestler. Both have great stats, but zero overness anywhere yet, so this will be a great opportunity for them. I'm tempted to change 'Taker's name to Mark Calaway. But a day after I type that, Rude and 'Taker are promptly released. MSW is apparently sorting things out.

-Bob Backlund is exhausted after the last show.

-The TV show gets a rating of 3.12. That's a good bounce-back show after last week.

-I'll try to remember to keep track of the St. Louis Wrestling Club promotion in it's attempts to get off the ground. It's promoting a "pure" style, with key features "realism" and "pure". So basically, they're going to pretend to be a legitimate sports league, as much as possible. Harley Race is the owner. Here's their first batch of signings: Jim Garvin, Jim Brunzell, Bob Roop, and Lance Russell. Bob Geigel (who has a strong friendship with Race) is in as the head booker.

-The contract of JR Foley has officially expired, he's gone.

-Roddy Piper has left Portland Wrestling. He's certainly not hurting for work though.

-Ted Dibiase wins the AWA TV Title from Bobby Eaton. That's the biggest win of Dibiase's career thus far.

-Terry Gordy has rejected our contract negotiations as I expected he might - he'll have to be gone longer before he considers coming back.

-However, I enter in negotiations with 6 others. It's tricky dealing with them, because I have 7 others I'm awaiting responses from. But here's how things went down:

-Hulk Hogan wants $3,700/month as a starting point. Fritz caps me at $2,906, so I'm not even close. Hulkamania, once again, will not run wild in Texas. I'm not sure of the formula used to determine what $ I'm capped out at, or whether Fritz is just stingy (or whether the current horrible universe economy plays a role) I was able to sign Piper at $3,375/show way back. Perhaps the cap number changes based on how much cash I have in the bank (a number that has been dropping as of late).

-I sign back Bill Mercer as an announcer at $1,575/show. For now, I'll keep both Mercer and the more expensive Lance Russell. Russell will handle the weekly TV show and end-of-month events, and Mercer will be at the weekly house shows. That will save us $3,500 a month. If the financial situation gets more dire, Mercer will get the job full time, which would save us $7,875/month.

-I'm unable to sign Bruiser Brody, whose demands exceed Fritz's cap. Brody wants $3,325/show. Therefore, Brody will be unable to defend his King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament title this year.

-More luck with Japanese brawler Mr. Pogo, who will definitely be a part of the death match tournament. As a freelancer, he signs for just 3 months, at a reasonable $1,100/show. At that rate, I'll probably keep him on past the tournament. He also works for SWCW, so he does have some minimal notoriety in the US, which helps. He has a B- rating in Brawling, and a B in Hardcore. Otherwise, he's mostly a C+/C guy. He can only realistically play a heel - hopefully I can find some guys who can work babyface for this tournament.

-The dreaded Frtiz cap strikes again with Manny Fernandez, who was a participant in last year's tournament, and had a decent run with us. I would have loved to bring him back, as there's a decent chance he wins the vacant AWA World title. But, he wants $3,540/show. Fritz won't let me consider that.

-I talk to The Sheik of Araby (aka The Original Shiek), and notice that he actually retired last year. Now, I could still use him even though he's shot physically, and there's mixed opinion as to whether his match ratings even suffer because of the retirement. That feels like a cheat though, since the AI doesn't do it, and he's probably cheaper as a "retired" wrestler. New house rule (it's only my second). I can't sign retired wrestlers and have them wrestle. If they're on my roster when they retire, I can keep using them until their current contract is up, if I want. Bruno Sammartino gets grandfathered into this house rule, I can use him as long as I want. This is subject to revision, as it would be kind of fun to bring back a 55-year old Sheik for a one-shot-deal in a Deathmatch tournament.

-Next day of negotiations - Sgt. Slaughter rejects my request to talk to him, saying we're not big enough. He's another superstar that's going to sit this wrestling recession out until he drops enough in popularity.

-Finally, we strike gold - Terry Funk's demands are JUST below Fritz's cap for him, and he comes in for 3 months at $2,675/show. He's obviously be a part of the deathmatch tournament, and I'll probably keep him around for the full 3 months. Funk had a great run with us between December of last year and this February (I would have kept him longer but Fritz capped me when his 3-month contract expired). Funk started as a heel, turned into a beer-drinking, ass-kicking face that feuded with Bruiser Brody and Gary Hart. He eventually lost a "loser leaves WCCW match". Not sure exactly what he'll do after the tournament, but it will probably be as a babyface again.

-I also bring in Kevin Sullivan, at $1,800/show for 18 months. Sullivan's solid in pretty much everything, including brawling and hardcore. He'll be in the deathmatch tournament. He's primarily a heel, but can work as a babyface without too big a penalty. He has B+ popularity in the southeast, and between D and C everywhere else in the US. He's an interesting guy that could do really well in WCCW. At that salary, I'd certainly rather have him than either of the Road Warriors.

-Gorilla Monsoon wants $2,425/show. I'd love to bring him in and do something interesting, but now's not the time. So our announcing teams will be Russell/Hayes and Mercer/Hayes.

-Vince K. McMahon wants $1,425. It would sure be interesting to have Vince around. He has A+ mic skills; B Announcing skills, Psychology, and Star Quality. He also has positive relationships with a ton of the old WWF guys, including Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, JYD, Alfred Hayes, Andre the Giant, Iron Sheik, Bobby Heenan and Billy Graham. He also has negative relationships with the likes of David Sammartino, Bruiser Brody, Harley Race, Abdullah The Butcher, Jim Garvin, and The Road Warriors. I have no idea if what those relationships impact - it'd be great if having him helped bring in Hogan. He's fairly well known in New England and the Tri-State area. I decide to take a pass on him for now. Maybe down the road I do some kind of "WWF Syndicate" angle with Vince, Gorilla, Linda, and Vince Sr.

-Stan Hanson wants $3,768/show. More than Hogan! No way Fritz allows that.

-I thought Abdullah The Butcher, with his demand of $2,650/show might fit under Fritz' cap, but no dice, Fritz caps me here at $2,556. So the cap is flexible - based on either popularity, skills, or merely Fritz' opinions and whims.

-So, the potential King of The Texas Death Match Tournament Field Now looks like this (these are all of the guys on the roster who have Hardcore and Brawling ratings at B- or higher):
-Terry Funk
-Kevin Sullivan
-The Great Kabuki
-Mr. Pogo
-Buzz Sawyer
-Sika
-Roddy Piper
-Dick Murdoch
-Luke Williams
-Butch Miller

I was planning on going with a 6-man tournament. 3 1-on-1 matches, and the a triple threat final with the winners. Funk, Kabuki, and Sawyer would be the faces; Sullivan, Sika, and Pogo would probably be the heels. Piper has enough going on without this tournament, and I haven't really booked him as "hardcore". Murdoch and The Sheepherders are possibilities.

Last edited by molson : 12-09-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #740
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

This thread is such a bad influence on me.

I'm actually tinkering with another DOTT game in TEW '07 now, to go along with a long running WWE freestyle game (Christoper Daniels, Austin Aries, Shawn Michaels, and Chris Jericho keep swapping World Titles around, while three developmental territories worth of talent languish in the minors) and an NWA-Anarchy game that I never seem to give any attention to anymore.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #741
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

This is the greatest dynasty ever!

I want Abdullah The Butcher vs Bruiser Brody every match!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #742
BYU 14
Coordinator

Agree, it is almost like beig there, if only you had been booking WCCW back then Molson!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #743
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, December 1984
Fort Worth, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,337 Ticket prices: $2 over Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeats Dusty Wolfe in 7:17 by pinfall. (D-) Perez was exhausted by the end of the match.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Doug Somers (w/The Missouri Mauler) defeats Mark Youngblood in 5:56 by pinfall. (C-). After the match Lord Alfred Hayes interviews The Missouri Mauler, who hypes his client, and his six-man-tag team's chances in the ongoing six-man tag team championship tournament. (C-)

-Non-Title Match
-Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeats Barry Orton & Perry Jackson (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 6:58 when Kerry pinned Orton. (C). Kerry shone in this match. After the match, The Von Erichs cut a lengthy promo, addressing a variety of topics. They hyped the upcoming triple threat tag match at this week's TV show that will determine the #1 Contenders to their World Tag Team Titles (Hennig/Tiger Mask v. The Sheepherders v. Bundy/Mendoza). Individual members of those teams will compete in a triple threat match tonight. Kevin also hypes his TV title, saying he'll continue to defend it against all comers. They call out Bobby Eaton, and again challenge him to defend his World Title against either of them. Finally, they mention the match between David Von Erich and Koko B. Ware at New Year's Revolution - and they that they wouldn't want to be in Koko's shoes. (B-)

-Bob Backlund defeats Owen Hart in 5:14 by pinfall. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry. At the end of the match, Backlund cuts a promo. Once again, he personally and individually insults the three men that are vying for his managerial services: Skandor Akbar, Gary Hart, and Lord Alfred Hayes. He asks them all to come out to the ring, and they do. Backlund continues to insult them more. He says that even though none of them are worthy to manage him, there is one way one of them may gain his respect. He says that the three should wrestle each other in a triple threat match at the New Year's Revolution event. He says that if one them clearly emerged as as the toughest, meanest, most competitive of the group - he just might be persuaded to sign a contract with them that night. The managers look pleased as they accept the proposal. (C).

-Skandor Akbar remains in the ringside area where he is joined by his client, Luke Williams. Akbar says he's going to destroy Hayes & Hart at New Year's Revolution, but before then, Luke Williams will make quick work against King Kong Bundy and Curt Henning in the upcoming triple threat match. Akbar also says that its a travesty that The Sheepherders have to prove anything else to earn a tag team title shot, but it makes no difference - they'll win the triple threat tag team match on TV this week and then defeat the Von Erichs for the belts. (C).

-Triple-Threat Match
-One Fall to a Finish
Curt Hennig defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) and Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar) in 10:08 when Hennig pinned Williams. (C+). Immediately after the match, Akbar and Hart were involved in a heated argument at ringside, where they were separated by Bundy and Williams. (C+). Then, Bill Mercer interviewed Curt Hennig about his win. Hennig said that while The Great Kabuki is focusing on the King of the Texas Death Match tournament at New Year's Revolution, he and Tiger Mask are going after the tag team gold, with Kabuki's blessing. He also hypes the ongoing six-man tag team tournament, where he, Tiger Mask, and Kabuki are now the favorites in Group B. (B-)

-The Masked Grapplers come to the ring, making their WCCW debut. They cut a promo, hyping their match tonight against The Road Warriors. The Grapplers say they're surprised that the Road Warriors haven't left WCCW yet, after their embarrassing defeat at Thanksgiving Star Wars. The Grapplers say they intend to put the final nail in the Road Warriors' coffin. (C-)

-The Road Warriors defeat The Grapplers in 8:34 when Animal pinned Grappler #2 (C+). After the match, The Road Warriors cut an angry promo, where they challenged The Sheepherders to a rematch. (C)

-Dick Murdoch defeats Bruno Sammartino in 10:52 by pinfall. (C). Once again, David Sammartino was not in his father's corner.

-Bill Mercer interviews Bobby Eaton in his upcoming main event match, a non-title rematch with Iceman Parsons. Eaton says he's tired of people saying that he almost lost the title at Thanksgiving Star Wars. Eaton says he had things in control, and Parsons isn't in his league. Eaton says that if he can't defeat Parsons tonight in 10 minutes or less, he'll give him another title shot. (B-)

-Non-Title Match
Iceman Parsons defeats Bobby Eaton in 9:53 by pinfall after David Von Erich interfered and attacked Eaton. (B). Parsons earns another World Title shot against Eaton. After the match, David celebrated in the ring with Parsons, and they were soon joined by Kerry and Kevin. The four celebrated around ringside and signed autographs for the fans. (C+)

THOUGHTS:

-I was really lucky to get that rating - our individual match and segment ratings just seemed low in this show, there were no matches rated above C+ until the main event, which saved us.

-Parsons continues his biggest push yet in the dynasty with a huge win here against the World Champion. They'll meet again at New Year's Revolution, (likely in a steel cage, to prevent the constant interference that has occurred in their last two matches)

-This show marked the return of Bill Mercer - I wonder if that suppressed the match ratings any v. the more talented Lance Russell. I'll keep an eye on that.

-The Masked Grapplers make their debut here, and they got squashed by The Road Warriors in an OK match. The Road Warriors went into debt with Ted Dibiase to put up the money for their first match with The Sheepherders - they'll have to figure something out to get another shot at them.

-Curt Hennig's been a little stagnant since his monster push. It was important to get him a big win tonight. He'll bide his time for a while longer in this team with Tiger Mask.

Last edited by molson : 12-25-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #744
molson
General Manager

Thanks JIMGA, Senator and BYU 14 for checking this thing out!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #745
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Thanks JIMGA, Senator and BYU 14 for checking this thing out!

Nah, thanks to you for this thread, it was definitely the inspiration that put me over the top to take another shot at a DOTT career.

One of the things that's been interesting to me in the first few weeks is how different a situation I'm starting with in GCW vs your opening weeks in WCCW because of the "my priority is with ..." situation. At least at the outset I'm primary for every guy on my roster, since only the WWF trumps me in prestige and I can't share any talent with them because we're at war from the get go. Granted I've avoided sharing anyone with MACW because of the potential for scheduling conflict but it really does have a different feel just from that one difference alone.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #746
molson
General Manager

NEWS

This is how the New Year's Revolution card shapes up thus far. It will be a three hour event, and a very, very violent night:

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
-Steel Cage Match: Classic Rules (Pinfall or Submission Only)
Bobby Eaton v. Iceman Parsons

-David Von Erich v. Koko B. Ware

-King of the Texas Death Match Tournament
-First Round Matches
-Terry Funk v. Mr. Pogo
-Sika v. Buzz Sawyer
-Kevin Sullivan v. The Great Kabuki
(Winners advance to a Triple Threat Match Final)

-Triple Threat Match
Skandor Akbar v. Gary Hart v. Lord Alfred Hayes

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich v. #1 Contenders TBD

-New WCCW Commissioner Crowned
Final Election Results Revealed (Jose Lothario v. Mr. Wrestling II v. Ray Stevens)

-More matches TBD

-Dick Murdoch is exhausted after the last show

-Bruno Sammartino has signed with Harley Race's new St. Louis promotion. He hasn't been assigned a role there yet - I'm sure it will be a non-wrestling position. They've also brought in Gene Okerland, Buddy Landell, and Ken Timbs. If they can get a big enough roster together, they'll have their first show next week.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #747
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 2, December 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: $1 less than default
Actual Attendance: 4,994

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Bruno Sammartino defeats Perry Jackson (w/The Missouri Mauler) in 2:35 by pinfall. (C). Sammartino was off his game. After the match, Sammartino cut an emotional promo in the ring, saying that whatever his son decides to do regarding his status in their six-man tag team, and whether or not his son decides to replace him with Roddy Piper - he's not going to let Piper tear his family apart, no matter what it takes. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano V drew with Steve Olsonoski in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C+) The two showed good chemistry, but the lack of psychology hurt the match.

-As Lance Russell and Lord Alfred Hayes are introducing the show, they're interrupted by Koko B. Ware. Ware says that no matter what Russell and Hayes are babbling about - it can't be as big as the news that Ware is making his return to the ring tonight. He's going to destroy Mike Von Erich as a tune up for his match against David Von Erich at New Year's Revolution. (B). Ware debuted his new "urban rapper thug" gimmick.

-The Road Warriors defeat The Grapplers in 6:53 when Animal pinned Grappler #2. (C). After the match, the Road Warriors cut a promo targeting The Sheepherders, and repeated their challenge for a rematch. The Road Warriors however, say they're not in a mood to negotiate, or screw around, so they'll get to the point. If the Sheepherders agree to face them in a no-DQ match at New Year's Revolution, the Warriors will agree to leave WCCW for a year if they lose. (C+)

-Lance Russell hypes the recent goings-on in WCCW, including the updated New Year's Revolution card, and the events of this week's live event in Forth Worth (Bob Backlund organizing a Hayes/Hart/Akbar triple threat match for New Year's Revolution, and Bobby Eaton losing to Iceman Parsons after interference from David Von Erich - which leads to Eaton v. Parsons in a steel cage for the title at New Year's Revolution. The cage was mutually agreed upon - both men want to prevent the interference that has plagued their matches) (D)

-A campaign commercial for WCCW Commissioner candidate Jose Lothario airs. Lothario hypes his years in WCCW, his loyalty to the promotion, and his vision for the future - exciting wrestling, importing stars from all over the world, and the formation of a championship committee that will require champions to defend their titles against the top contenders. (C-)

-David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) defeats Dusty Wolfe in 3:14 by pinfall. (D). The two showed good chemistry. David show a vicious streak during the match, and continued the attack on Wolfe after the match was over. (D-). Bruno ran into the ring to break the assault up - soon, he found himself in an argument with his son. Bruno seemed to be yelling, "what's going on with you?", while David seemed indifferent, eventually leaving his father alone in the ring and retreating to the locker room. (C-)

-Backstage, Gary Hart cuts a promo introducing his newest acquisition - Sika, The Wild Samoan. Hart says he's brought Sika to WCCW for one reason - to win the upcoming King of the Texas Death Match Tournament. Hart says that while Sika is around, he might as well put him to other good uses. Tonight, says Hart, Sika will face another participant in the Death Match tournament, his former client, The Great Kabuki. Hart is clearly not over the Kabuki situation, and promises that Sika will make Kabuki sorry for ever crossing him. (C). Then, Hart brings in his other clients, King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza, who are involved in the main event tonight - a triple threat tag team match to determine the #1 Contenders for the WCCW World Tag Team Championship. Hart says that his men are focusing on Tiger Mask. Neutralize him, says Hart, and Hennig will no longer be a factor, and then his team can outclass and outwrestle Skandor Akbar's Sheepherders. (C+).

-Mr. Wrestling II's commercial for his WCCW Commissioner candidacy airs. He stresses strong, decisive leadership. It'll be his way or the highway, and he plans to clean up WCCW. (B).

-A video package hypes the upcoming debut of brawler Kevin Sullivan, who talks about his Irish Boston Roots, and his fighting background. He puts down Texas, saying that no Texas coward could stand toe-to-toe with a Boston Irishman in a fair fight. (C).

-Kevin Sullivan defeats Al Perez in 4:41 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Lance Russell interviews Sullivan, who continues his rant against Texas, and hypes his participation in the upcoming King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament. (C)

-Ray Stevens' commercial for his WCCW Commissioner candidacy airs. He hypes the prestige he would bring to WCCW as a former WWF World Champion. He promises a return to wrestling tradition - a sporting competition between athletes, with strictly enforced rules. (C).

-Mike Von Erich hypes his upcoming match against Koko B. Ware. Mike says he knows Ware is taking him lightly, but he's ready to take a little revenge against Ware for costing his brother the World Title. (B-)

-Koko B. Ware defeats Mike Von Erich in 6:45 by pinfall. (C+) Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. Ware looked good.

-Sika (w/Gary Hart) drew with The Great Kabuki in 11:32 by Double DQ. (B). The match suffered from a lack of selling. This was a wild, overbooked brawl that involved interference by Hart and a complete disregard of the referee's instructions. The announcers noted that at New Year's Revolution, neither Sika nor Kabuki will be restrained by the rules, and that their paths may cross again.

-A lengthy video hypes the WCCW return of Terry Funk - the video features highlights from Funk's career, especially his prior run with World Class. (B)

-The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar come to the ring for the main event, and Akbar announces that they've accepted the challenge from the Road Warriors for a no-DQ match at New Year's Revolution, with the stipulation proposed by the Warriors - if the The Sheepherders win, The Road Warriors are banned from WCCW for 1 year. Akbar makes clear however, that after they win the #1 Contenders match tonight, and then defeat the Von Erichs for the titles, they're not agreeing to put those belts on the line at New Year's Revolution against the Warriors. (B)

-Triple Threat Tag Team Match
-#1 Contenders Match (For WCCW World Tag Team Championship)
Tiger Mask & Curt Hennig defeat The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) and Arturo Mendoza & King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 13:35 when Hennig pinned Bundy. (C). The Sheepherders were essentially eliminated from the match early on by the attacking Road Warriors, who beat up the Sheepherders around ringside. Mendoza and Tiger Mask looked good.

-I thought that the outstanding Kabuki/Sika match would lead us to a B- or better overall show rating, but then the main event disappointed. I'm not sure what went wrong there - Tiger Mask/Hennig are still very inexperienced as a team, that could have played a part.

-Tiger Mask/Curt Hennig are now the #1 Contenders for the WCCW World Tag Team Championship, they'll face Kerry/Kevin at New Year's Revolution in what will be a nice break from the violence of that night. Tiger Mask's usual tag team partner, The Great Kabuki, will of course be busy dismembering himself in the King of the Texas Death Match tournament.

-New Year's Revolution will also feature The Road Warriors/Sheepherders in a no-DQ match. At the moment, I haven't decided who wins that one. Either the feud will continue, or The Road Warriors will be sent on their way.

-The fans are excited about Terry Funk's return, as evidenced by the rating for his hype video....If he had been willing to sign for 9 months, I would have put the world title on him. As it stands, it's merely a more difficult decision...

-Mike Von Erich really impressed me with his B- promo. And his match with Koko B. Ware wasn't too shabby either. He's come a long way.

-I would never have guess that Eaton & Ware would be my top 2 heels at this point. But things just came together for them, there were outstanding in everything they did, they lucked into a storyline, and he were are.

-Of the three WCCW Commissioner Candidate commercials, Mr. Wrestling II's was clearly the most well-received. He's probably too popular for a "suit job". I hope I can afford to keep him on as a wrestler if he doesn't win this election.

-Kevin Sullivan makes his debut - carrying Al Perez to a C+ is quite impressive. Only Dick Murdoch has had a better match with Perez. I don't know if Sullivan has ever used the "drunken Boston Irishman brawler" gimmick, but if he hasn't, I have no idea why not. I never knew about Sullivan until his WCW run at the end of this career, but even then I was distracted by his Boston accent. In the clips I've seen from the 80s, its even more obvious - how can this guy have anything but a Boston asshole gimmick? How did this guy never have a real run in the WWF? I think he'll be a huge star here.

-I saved a little money on this show by not using Bob Backlund, the 3 oldest Von Erichs, Roddy Piper, and Bobby Eaton. But Piper, at least, made his presence felt as the Sammartinos continue to implode. I'm intending for David Sammartino to come off like a jackass at this point.

-This was one of my favorite shows, despite the rating - I like the storyline development here.

Last edited by molson : 12-24-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #748
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I don't know if Sullivan has ever used the "drunken Boston Irishman brawler" gimmick, but if he hasn't, I have no idea why not. I never knew about Sullivan until his WCW run at the end of this career, but even then I was distracted by his Boston accent. In the clips I've seen from the 80s, its even more obvious - how can this guy have anything but a Boston asshole gimmick? How did this guy never have a real run in the WWF? I think he'll be a huge star here.

Brief real world interlude. Sullivan actually started out with the WWWF, as a face with the gimmick of The Boston Battler.
He refers to it briefly in this old book excerpt (scroll to page 55 when you get there)
Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #749
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-As I expected, Manny Fernandez has won the vacant AWA World Heavyweight Championship. He defeated Buzz Sawyer to win the belt. He also holds the 1/2 of the AWA Tag Team Championshp (with Wahoo McDaniel) and 1/2 of the National Tag Team Championship in Georgia (with Steve Keirn).

-On the same show, Ricky Morton won the AWA Light Heavyweight Championship from Mike Graham. That's Morton's first singles title, after 7 separate tag team titles.

-Mr. Wrestling II arrived late for the last show. I fine him.

-The TV show delivers a 3.17 rating. That's our highest rating in 7 weeks.

-Steve Keirn won the vacant Georgia National Heavyweight Championship from Manny Fernandez, who is of course, his tag team partner and co-holder of the National Tag Team Title. Sounds like an interesting storyline. The National Heavyweight Championship had been ruled vacant after Jerry Stubbs was lost to injury (the same injury that vacated the AWA World Title, which was won by Manny Fernandez). Weird............

-Kevin Sullivan, who was the head booker at SWCW, has left that position because of his deal with us (as we're "at war" with SWCW). I always like screwing with SWCW, and always look there first for talent.

-Mr. Wrestling II, Bruno Sammartino, David Sammartino, and Mike Von Erich complain about their pushes.

-The St. Louis Wrestling Club has signed both Arturo Mendoza and King Kong Bundy. I'm happy those guys will get the chance to work in a "pure" promotion with Harley Race, that can't hurt. They also sign Mexican legend Canek. The current economic recession and failure of wrestling promotions worldwide as actually created an opportunity for this new promotion.

-The dirt sheets hype Rick Valentine (aka Kerry Brown) as a future star. Valentine is well known in the maritime promotions of Canada (AGPW).

Last edited by molson : 12-16-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #750
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Brief real world interlude. Sullivan actually started out with the WWWF, as a face with the gimmick of The Boston Battler.
He refers to it briefly in this old book excerpt (scroll to page 55 when you get there)

That was his gimmick when I first saw him in Georgia in 1980 as well. Him and Austin Idol had a great feud with the Freebirds.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote