Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #51
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, rock paper scissors. Easiest thing to do is put them in that order. Next easiest is to assume the other team will do that and put them paper scissor rock. So what if we do scissors rock paper?

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #52
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I vote for scissors, rock, paper.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #53
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Waylon Rodriguez is 5'8 207. He should be doing the climbing, although I vote for no effort in this one. I think we should try for task 1 + 2 and if that fails let them choose the fight. I mean, it's not like we have anything to go on when making the fight. We don't even know anyone's primary discipline. If we go this route atleast we can control who we have fighting tonight if we lose.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #54
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

heading to work now, good luck guys

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #55
Autumn
Head Coach

ONe thing is that if we win the challenge we'll learn the skills of one of hte fighters (another team captain thing). Presumably, the same is true for them.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #56
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think we have two options with task 3 and that is all or nothing. I can't see someone who gave even 50% being able to beat an evenly matched fighter from the other side tonight in a fight so if we are going to go for task 3 we need to put 100% effort, otherwise we are probably just handing them a win(and we are still screwed if we lose task 1+2). I still say we give nothing in task 3.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #57
Autumn
Head Coach

I think you might be right. If they win, and pick a fighter, I don't know what else they would do but pick the one from the challenge who might be tired. Since they would get info on one of us, randomly, I guess the other option would be they would pick someone who they could see matched up well against that person.

So assuming that if we lose they go up against our round three person, we have to go all or nothing there. We could pick the guy best for the job and hope that his skills have a bigger effect than his effort.

Letting them learn one of our fighters might be a big disadvantage though.

Let's figure out first who's best at this challenge. Who has the best conditioning here?
Old 10-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #58
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll do the sumo, but we need to pick someone appropriate for challenge #3. If we have someone good enough it might be worth going 100%.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #59
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

We need to have RA to the third task at 100% the more I think about it. They can't pick on him if he/we lose.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #60
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, to be clear, you strength is 20? I think that is going to be the most important stat in the sumo contest.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #61
Autumn
Head Coach

Dubb, yes, it is. I'm hoping that my takedown and clinch skills will also be handy, but am open to ideas of what might be.

Dubb, you're absolutely right about RA, I didn't think about that at all. They can't pick him for a fight, right? Hopefully he'll let us know his skills so we can see if that makes sense. But I'll put him in as our default order.

I probably won't be here at 7, is anyone else going to be? I can either send in orders early or have someone else do it.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #62
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, so DV, Dubb or CF. What do you guys have for Conditioning? If no one has a real high one I say we tank it.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #63
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
All right, so DV, Dubb or CF. What do you guys have for Conditioning? If no one has a real high one I say we tank it.

Mine sucks. Just send in RA and have him give it his all. He is already into the next round.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #64
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yet to fight. IC, I say we tank it.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #65
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to have to go soon. I think DV is out until after challenge. Dubb, you don't have high conditioning. So unless CF has really high conditioning I guess we tank it.

I'll put in an order that has Dubb giving 0% effort in the third challenge. I'll also give permission for CF to replace my order.

CrimsonFox, if you get in before 7, and if you have a high conditioning and strength score, write EF and say you'll do the third challenge at 100%. If not, just leave it be.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #66
Autumn
Head Coach

CF, I see you here. Let me know your scores ifyou can and I can send in our orders.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #67
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

General
Clinching 75
Takedowns 25
In the Clinch - Percentages to equal 100%
Punching 50
Takedowns 50
Ground - Percentages to equal 100%
Ground and Pound 20
Submissions 60
Stand Up 20

Skills - All skills start at 8 and cannot be changed by the fighters after
Punches 18
Kicks 8
Clinch 18
Strength 20
Agility 6
Dodging 8
Heart 8
Takedowns 18
Takedown defense 8
Ground and Pound 18
Ground Game 8
Submissions 18
Submission Defense 8
Conditioning 8
Toughness 18
Control 18
Aggressiveness 8
KO Resistance 18
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #68
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, CF. I'm going to assume Conditioning is what counts, so I'll have Dubb tank it.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #69
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
All right, rock paper scissors. Easiest thing to do is put them in that order. Next easiest is to assume the other team will do that and put them paper scissor rock. So what if we do scissors rock paper?

They'd KNOW we'd know they'd know that so we can assuredly choose rock paper scissors. INCONSHHHHHEIVABLE!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

But what they don't know is that we've spent hte last 15 years building a pair of scissors out of rock!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #71
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #72
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Mine sucks. Just send in RA and have him give it his all. He is already into the next round.

Home. Yeah, I agree. Send me in. My conditioning is good. I also got 5 more points for my skills last night with the win.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #73
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Punches 8
Kicks 8
Clinch 9
Strength 12
Agility 18
Dodging 9
Heart 16
Takedowns 16
Takedown defense 8
Ground and Pound 8
Ground Game 18
Submissions 19
Submission Defense 16
Conditioning 18
Toughness 13
Control 13
Aggressiveness 13
KO Resistance 17
Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #74
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

RA, I think Autumn is gone so if you need to change the orders, talk to EF about putting yourself in.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #75
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like to put myself in. EF, is that possible?
Old 10-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #77
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

EF, what did autumn send in? I'm thinking he sent in dubb for event #3. We want to send in RA for sure in place of either dubb or the generic guy.
We don't particularly know which one needs the stamina/conditioning.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #78
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Ignore these guys. They didn't fully read the rules. Please don't change anything.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #79
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

RA can't do the event guys. Re-read the description. If he could do it he would be in it.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #80
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

RA can do the event but he could not replace dubb as there must be at least one fighter that has not fought in that event.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #81
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
RA can do the event but he could not replace dubb as there must be at least one fighter that has not fought in that event.

Which defeats the whole purpose.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #82
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay, I get it. Well he COULD replace the scrub to try to win it with you, dubb.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #83
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You sit and wait as Radovich and Schmidt enter the room. Schmidt climbs onto Danny as the horn sounds to begin the contest. He starts to circle....

He gets around one time, another, a third...

They continue to go, they look determined to win the competition.

A sixth rotation, a seventh, they are still going strong.

Twenty minutes later they are still going and finally Radovich says something to Schmidt and they stop. They have lasted quite a while and seem relatively tired.

You wait for the horn to end the competition (me posting in the main thread)...
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #84
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would say the strategy of having them think I would be tired and underestimating me failed miserably. Should be interesting to see who the match-up is going to be tonight.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #85
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Not that it matters anymore, but to clear things up. I thought you said we had to pick someone who did not fight last night. You're saying RA could have been the one climbing around the other, but not hte one standing?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #86
Autumn
Head Coach

So given that they won the challenge, they likely will find out the skills of one of us. I would bet that whoever they pick will be the person they got the details on.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #87
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not that it matters anymore, but to clear things up. I thought you said we had to pick someone who did not fight last night. You're saying RA could have been the one climbing around the other, but not hte one standing?

He could have been either but he couldn't have replaced dubb as you needed to have one of the player fighters that had not yet fought.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #88
Autumn
Head Coach

Huh, I didn't understand that at all. Sorry guys, obviously RA would have been the way to go there. Would have been a tie, so I don't know what happened then.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #89
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, that was embarrassing.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #90
Autumn
Head Coach

I tried to load my guy's skills for a particular type of fight, but obviously don't know enough about UFC to do that successfully.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #91
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Tomorrow's challenge may be quite physical. There will be one bus tire in the middle of a field the size of a small hockey rink. There will be 4 rounds. Each round the teams will send two players to atempt to get the tire across their goal line to score for their team.

If the game is tied after the 4 rounds neither team wins the advantage but each team will vote on that evening's match. They will each select the fighter from the other team which will fight. If there is a winning team, that team selects the matchup. In addition, each fighter from the winning team will gain 1 skill point which they can add to one of their skills.

Every fighter must participate (no one will go twice).

Each fighter must determine how much effort they will give (a 1 to 100 scale). Results will be based upon strength, conditioning, agility, heart and effort given.

Each pair may submit a strategy as well. They can either be:
aggressive - try to win it quick
mixed - look for an opening but be less aggressive
passive - lay back and try to get the other team to tire before going for the win
Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #92
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I volunteer to go first. I'll do my dirty fighting punching and takedowns and strength to injure people while my teammate can grab the tire.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #93
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll go with CF. Obviously I will give 100 effort. I think we should go aggressively.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #94
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Every time.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #95
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm up for whatever you guys think. How do we deal with the CPU scrubs? If we pair two of them together they'll likely lose big. But if we win the other three it won't matter.

RA and I give 100 percent, so we should be paired up with people woh aren't going to give that much, or the scrubs.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #96
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Do we have everyone give 100% except the one person we want to have fight tonight?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #97
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And if this is the case I would be willing to throw down tonight if we want to go this way. I would have a scrub on my team, we would give little effort, the rest of you go all out and hopefully we win the challenge and we pick me to fight tonight.

Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #98
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, even if the thing is tied, the other team will pick our fighter. so there's a pretty good chance that they'll be picking - if we only have one guy save his energy, that will probably be obvious and they'll pick someone else. If we have the two guys that have already fought go all out, that's safe. I'm not sure what to do with the others. I think it's more important to save energy for the fight.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #99
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think it's more important to save energy for the fight.

I mean I agree with this. I know I for one would rather fight someone who maybe thinks they are good matchup for me with myself at 100% energy than get selected to a random fight with no energy.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #100
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'll do 75% with RA first then. I'm going to do a lot of punching and takedowns.