Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

War 6

I declare Holy War on Kazembe. Deus Vult!

I move both 10k strong armies into Kazembe, they have 7000 troops defending their capital

5 Jan, 1564 – Their army fled before us

19 Jan – We take Hemba, one province

3 Mar – Tabwa, another one, falls to us as well

27 June – Dip Tecj 9 – Carracks and Caravals – May Study Tech, Max IcoloiaRamge increased, and we get better ships with higher maintenance costs

11 Nov – Their capital of Luapula is ours

13 Nov – We get 200 gold, and we take down Kazembe

I ordered cores for all three. They are all an accepted Luba culture, and 50% autonomy

Hemba – tropical savannah, iron working, Fetishists, 0.11 gold made monthly, 7 development, 13.6% unrest, church and barracks here, south of the colony of Lega, on the west shore of Lake Tanganyika, by provinces such as Luba, Upemba, and Tabwa.

Luapula - Highlands, tropical, copper, church, barracks, Luban and Catholic, 0.17 made here, 1.9% unrest, 8 development, south is unclaimed Bemba, east is Tabwa, north Hembra, and west Upemba,

Tabwa – Also on the shore of the Lake, highlands, copper, barracks, 7 development, 0.10 made, Fetishist, 13.6& unrest, tropical, north of unclaimed Bemba, and east of Luapula

The three places we just took are the bottom right corner, where our military is.

I hand Upemba to the clergy

Post war we slide past Portugal to #7

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-23-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:21 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 Mar, 1565 – I move armies around for the next war and I built some more troops

1 Apr – Rebellion in Tabwa

22 April – Ended

27 June – Portugal’s heir passes, and we are the only nation in a Royal Marriage with them right now

2 Nov – Lega makes slaves

26 Jan, 1566 – We get a chance to offer a Grand Ball in Mpemba. I do it and max my prestige.

1 Mar = Admin 11 – Textile Manufactory – We can make them

12 Mar – Native Assimilation in Graaff

4 April – Culture shift in Kasanje is finished

1 May – Fish in Graaff-Reinet

17 May – Our claimed lands are now cores

Missionaries are sent to Hemba and Tabwa.

Let’s take a looksee at Buha real quick:

8 holdings, all Fetishist, combined some smaller states. Now we are about to drop the hammer.

16 July – I declare Holy War on Buha!

Old 10-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

War 7

This war has two other local minors joining Buha. I order 12k forces from the unclaimed Rukwa to their capital of Ruguru, and 11k from Lega to Bafuriru, north of Lake Tanganyika

They retreat an army of 9k in front of my waves

1 Sept – We take Bafuriu

4 Oct – Nduga falls to us

17 Nov _ Karagwe follows

4 Dec – Their capital of Ruguru falls to us

26 Dec - Buzinga Falls

15 Jan, 1567 – Nkoma as well

25 Feb – The last two fall and we have every province in Buha

I don’t have enough of a war score to annex their whole nation yet, I have to smash their allies

12 March – Accommodation with natives in Lega reached. They will be nicer

4 June – I get a cool event – Religious Influences in Graaff-Reinet. I choose to convert them all, they gain more ferociousness but are now Catholic. It was the lowest level of peaceful, so we should be fine moving forward

18 June – We capture a province in Tumbuka

16 July – We defeat the Tumbukan army,

2 Aug – Mil 11 – Matchlock Musket – Better Cavalry Fire, Infantry shock, combat width, ad we can build weapons manufactories

7 Sept – Hemba and Tabwa both convertize

19 Sept – I take the capital of Nkore, another enemy foe

1 Oct – I crush and rout the Nkore army

30 Oct – Another Nkore province falls

1 Nov – Castile went bankrupt

7 Dec – The last of the Nkore holdings is ours

28 Feb, 1568 – I destroy another small army

27 Mar, - The capital of Tumbuka falls

10 May - The land one is ours, we now have that precious 100% warscore.

11 May – I annex Buha and gain some gold as well

Unless otherwise noted, all of these provinces have Rwandan culture, and Fetishist faith and are tropical and have 75% autonomy

Bafuriru – North of Lega, north of the Lake, and south of Lake Kivu, hills, grain, 23.7% unrest, 7 development. I order a core. South is Nkoma, on the eastern shore of Lake Tanganyika.

Nkoma – I order a core here for the iron mines, 23.7% unrest, 0.06 made, hills, 9 development, church here, on the shores, south along the shore is Ruguru

Ruguru – Hills, 6 dev, core ordered, salt is the trade of choice here, 18.7% unrest, 0.01 made. Marketplace is here. South is the unclaimed Lake Coastal holding of Rukwa, and inland of the giant lake is…

Buyogoma – Savannah, 18.7% unrest, inland, 5 dev, 0.01 made, grain farmers. Core ordered. Many of these cores are pretty cheap – this one is 26 Admin power, as one good example. East and on the south coast of Lake Victoria is…

Buzinga – 31 ADM spent for a core, savannah, 6 dev, iron, 0.02 made, 18.7 unrest, Takama culture instead of Rwandan, to the west, along the coast of Lake Victoria is…

Karagwe – Hills, iron working, barracks, church, 9 dev, Ganda culture, 18.&% unrest, 0.07 made here. 46 spent to core it. West is the holding of Nduga, …

Nduga – On the eastern shore of Lake Kivu, 11 development, highlands, iron, church, I spend 57 to core it, 0.06 made here, 15.7% unrest. South and center of everything I took is…

Bushubi – Hills, grain, church, 9 dev, not enough ADM to core, so I send in a Missionary instead.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a big one, let me take you a picture!

Big gains in this war. 8 total holdings, and we removed the last threat here.

You can see the major gains from this war there. We have all of the holdings around Lake Tanganika, and then started around Victoria. The light green nation to the north of us is Nkore, and we have the two one province minors to our north as well. Both like us.

I use the blood money to Gabon and build a Textile Manufactory to pump those dyes

I pull back my colonists from Lega, and sent them to Ile Bourbon. I want to get them now while I can. And I have big colonial buffs as well right now.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-23-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

27 May – Buganda, a one-province minor to our north accepts an alliance offer from us

1 June – Our Master Recruiter passed. We hire an Army Organizer to replace him

3 July – Swellendam is now Kongolese

I cancel the fleet basing rights we had with Kilwa.

20 Aug – Rebels in Karanwe

26 Sept – We kill them all

1 Jan, 1569 – Our colony was set up in Ile Bourbon. I pull back the colonists and send them to Mauritius.

I wasn’t expecting to do islands out there, but we are Catholic all the way, and they are the jewels of the Indian Ocean, so I wanted to grab them now, as Europe keeps moving in and around the area.

5 June – Our ruler gets the Midas Touched Trait and we begin to get better tax income!

3 Sept – We have moved to 4th in the Great Power race. We just slipped past Russia, and we are behind Austria

I cut some stuff for colonial maintenance ,like army and naval supplying to 50% each. I’ll use MIL power to drop any rebellions from my newly absorbed land in Rwanda and Lake Victroria

1 Jan, 1570 – Our explorer died, and I get another for my fleet

2 Feb – We get an Increased free trade event

23 May – Bushubi converts. I order up a core fore it.

1 Oct –

Dip Tech 10

The Flute

Trade Range, Trade Efficiency Settler Growth all increase and we can build better ships as well

18 Oct- We bring the one province minor of Busoga in the Lake Victoria area under our alliance banner

1 Jan, 1571 – Our heir came of age and gained the Zealot trait, which increases missionary strength

Alright, let’s try to circumnavigate the globe!

29 Mar – I get an interesting alliance offer. From Castile.

Portugal and Aragon are rivals and enemies. We are the only major ally of Portugal, the others are The Knights and Ethiopia. Castile is enemies and rivals with England, Aragon, and The Papal States. Hmmmm…

Castile feels threatened by us a bit, is looking to us an a wedge to use against Portugal, and more. So is this a relationship I want to use? I want Cape eventually from Spain.

Let’s do it for now

8 May – Revolt in NKoma

9 June – Defeated after I combined my armies due to my lowered maintenance

15 June – Most of the captured places are now core territories of our nation, and so I send Missionaries to Ruguru and Bafuriru

6 Aug – Get ready!

We get the Additional Colonists Idea from Expansion Ideas!

I send them to Xhosa, east of Graaff-Reinet to set up a colony and hit my mission

I give my clergy Buyogoma

Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

16 jan, 1572 – I do another Animist Syncretisim event to incorporate my peoples

1 April – Lega is a full province

Lega – Slaves, jungle, tropical, 7 development, 0.65, core, Kongolese, Catholic, I order a workshop here, south of wastelands, connects Bafuriru and Kusu, and on northwest shore of Lake Tanganyika

I hand Swellendam to my noble estates

1 Sept – Bad news. Mauritius is Fish. Annoying

1 Dec – I lost some ships in the globe trotting fun times

I order some ships built

4 Mayl, 1573 – Ruguru converts and next is Nkoma

19 May - Bafuriru is next to see the light, and our next target shall be Nduga

26 May – Who’s a core? Bushubi is a core!

I order a Church in Lega

1 June – Who’s a full city?

Graaff-Reinet – Ngumi and Catholic, core, fush, coastal, between Xhosa and Swellendma on the South African coast. 5 development, steppes,0.16 made here, I order a culture change. Then I give it to the clergy

17 Aug – I get an event-based nobility inspired revolt in Lega

29 Sept – My combined armies defeated them

1 Feb, 1574 – Gift to the State arrives. I toss it into the treasury

29 June – Portugal declares war on Mutapa.

1 Aug -= Idea – Additional Merchants Idea, Expansion #2

I send the new guy to the Great Lakes trade node

22 Aug – Portugal asks us to join them in their war against Mutapa and their ally Mombasa

I accept

1 Nov – Ile Bourbon is sugar

Nov 8 – 11k of our troops arrive in Mutapa’s rear and begin wreaking havoc

26 Dec – They oust us from their land after barely beating

Old 10-28-2016, 12:43 AM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1575 – Xhosa will make wine

My mission for Xhosa was a success and I get _25 global settler increase for 10 yers

20 Feb – We took Nsenga from Mutapa with my other army

1 April – We take Zumbo

11 May – Nkoma converts and Karagwe is next.

12 May – We took Shangwe

27 June – We defeat their army in Shangwe

30 June – Ndunga converts and next is….Buyogama

4 Aug – We win in Tete versus a different army

1 Sept – Mauritius is Self Sustaining

Mauritius – 11 development, coastline, fish, Kongolese, Catholic, 0.20 made, 75% autonomy,

I send these colonists to Ile Bourbon to finish that up Great Karoo, insland of Cape, Swellendam, and Graaff-Reinet

7 Sept – We win a major battle in Tete, but we’ve lost more than half our army

11 Sept – We capture Butua with a 1k army I made and sent over

20 Sept – Tete is ours

21 Nov – I take Buhara

31 Jan, 1576 – I choose a third option to an event called Cities Demand Old Rights wher eh king draws u a new list of rights, coming from the lawgiver trait

12 Mar – Mil Tech 12 – Spanish Square -0 We get a bunch of African troops and bonus tactics

1 June – By now, Portugal is still a no show, and most of our land gains have been reversed. Portugal’s holdings were taken, and nothing is happening in this war

Our new unit of infantry is the African Mountain Infantry

25 Aug – They barely oust us with combined armies form besieging their capital

We’re exchanging land in the back and I built a third army with 8k in forces to help

1 Feb, 1577 – We observe a comet and gain some ADM power

8 Mar, 1577 – Our Queen Passes

29 Apr – Buyoanga converts

Buzinza is next

18 May – Karagwe converts

21 June – I have been captured a bunch of smaller provinces in Mutapa again

5 Aug – Graaff-Reiet is our culture

Old 10-28-2016, 12:56 AM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 April, 1578 – I capture a siege on Maniyka.

26 May – After my combined three armies force battle with their two, we win in Zimbabwe

27 Nov – Zimbabwe, their capital, falls to us

Do I force some land from these folks? I can take up to four provinces from them. And then leve Portugal to them. That would annoy Portugal, but the fact that Portugal asked me to join a war they declared and hasn’t sent one soldier to help, well I need some stuff. I can take Quelimane, Lolo, Lundu, and Nsenga, and that would be two poor holdings, two decent ones, and stretch a line from the coast to past Lake Malawi and near my inland expanding nation in the back. It would get me some badboy though. But it cuts Mutapa in half. I don’t get anything too valuable, like gold, but I get some stuff. So let’s do that.

I get some gold too

Quelimane – Coastal, next to Portugal in Sofala and Angoche. Ivory trade, tropical, the Zambezi estuary is here giving us bonus trade, coastline, Sunni faith, Nyasa culture, 0.08 made, 22.3% unrest, 75% autonomy church and marketplace are here. 7 development 0.08 made.

In land from that is

Lolo – 3 development, ivory, savannah, tropical, Nyasa people, Fetishist faith, marketplace, 0.01 made here, 17.2% unrest, 75% auto,

I cannot core Lolo until I have cored Quelimane. So I send in a missionary instead

Inland is…

Lundu - 9 development, cloth, tropical, savannah, barracks church, 0.06 made, Nyasa, Fetishist, 17.2 unrest, 75% auto,

Inland of that is…

Nsenga – Also a savannah, also tropical, also 75% autonomy, also 17.2% unrest, also marketplace, grain., also Nyasa culture amd Fetishist faith. 0.01 made here.

All of these are next to Mutapa, Portugal, Tumbukam and Maravi, so they are all near stuff of importance.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll show you…

You can see the Kongo Line on the Zambezi in here, south of Lake Malawi. Note our solid reserves of cast, but our savaged manpower, which will drop some more before it starts heading back up again.

Now going to peace behind Portugal’s back won’t earn us any favors with them. But it does earn us land. Note the DIP as well. We’re about ready for another level of tech there

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-28-2016 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

23 Mar, 1579 – Buzinza converts and Lundu is next.

1 Apr – I allow Portugal military access

1 May – Get ready! Great Karoo is….GOLD baby

9 July, 1579 – GET READY!!!

Our fleet set sail in and have just finished circumnavigating the globe. Our explorer, Cakasekene Rallum is the first to do so!

We gain a ton of prestige and DIP Power, which represents naval stuff.

1 Nov – Xhosa is self sustaining

Xhosa – Mountains, coastal, Nguni ,Fetishist, wine making, on South Africa coast, up from Graaff-Reinet, and next to unclaimed Natal. Core. 0,16 made, 5 dev, 1.1 unrest.

Where is next? Inhambane? Matsolo, both south of Portugal in Sofala and on the coast? Natal a nd Mtwtwa would connect us to Portugal from our holdings in South Africa. I could lock out a coastal lesser power like Lesser Namaqualand or Ezorongondo. I could head north and expand west of Cameroon and get Calabar on the coast near the Gulf of Guinea. But what I really want to do is connect my stuff internally. So I am aiming for Rukwa

On the southeast coast of Lake Tanganyika, connects Ruuru and Tabwa, and gives us the whole lake as aours, connects our central state to the heathen nation of Tumbuka, and puts us one way to closing with Nsenga and our Zambezi holdings we just took

1 Dec – Dip Tech 11

We get +100 max colonial range, and can build naval equipment manufactories

30 Mar, 1580 = Portugal is elected the new head of the HRE

10 Sept – Lolo converts. Next is Nsenga

11 Nov – Rebellion in Lundu

27 Dec – Defeated

1 April, 1581 – I purchase a Textile Manufactory in Cameroon. Yay Dyes!

1 June – Lundu converts and Xhosa is next in line

3 July – Major illness hits our colony in Rukwa. We spend some cash to organize a response to reduce th settler hit for five years.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Feb, 1582 – Quelimane is now a core, so Lolo is ordered to be next. I spent th e18 ADM power required to do so

1 June – Admin 12 – We can get more states, and can go to Admin Monarchies and Republics

29 June – Nsenga converts. Now I want to hit Quelimane next, the Sunni state. But it would take 333 months to get it to our side. Here’s the slow down:

-2% Sunni
-2% No accepted Culture
-0.7% Development

Base Value 2%
Stability +1.5
Act of Uniformity and De Heretico +1.5 cumulat8ive

So 5 vs 4.7

I send the missionary and then…

I pass the Blasphemy Act and get +1 missionary strength but -1 tolerance for Heretics

1 Au g – Rukwa is copper

1 Nov – Truce with Tumbuka and Nkore expires

1 Dec – Who’s a full province?

Ile Bourbon
– 11 development, Core, coastline,Sugar, Catholic, Kongolese, 0/56 made here already, I order up a church here. (And another in Mauritius).

I am trying to butter up everything for making vassals, not allies. Nah, nevermind I’m a Great Power, what am I doing? Let’s flex my muscles!

1 Feb, 1583 –

Great Karoo – 7 development, gold, drylands, gold, Khosian culture, Fetishist, gold, 1.72 made here monthly, gold, inland of Spain at Cape, Graaff-Reinet, and Swellendam. Multiplae palces ner to it unclaimed. Gold. Core.

I hand Mbwila to the nobility and Chokwe to clergy

I demote Kuba as a culture

I promote Rwandan.

I order three Kuban holdings to become Kongolese

2 Feb – I use my Great Power to foce ally Busoga to break their alliance with Tumbuka

I send colonists to Inhambane, south of Mutapa and Sofala, and on the coast

Old 10-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 Feb – I declare war on Tumbuka.

I want to absorb it, and connect my colony on Rukwa and the central state to my theft from Mutapa.

I order 22000 troops into their capital from Nsenga, and 10 k from Quelimane is heading over as well

10 Feb – Xhosa converts and I send to them G Karoo

3 Mar – We win in the Tumbuka capital

28 Mar – The province of Kalonga is ours

14 April – Ngonde is ours

25 April – Poland declared wr on Portugal, and I join our ally

3 July – Rebels captured all of Nkore

24 July – The capital of Tumbuka is ours

22 Sept – We annex them and stole some gold as well

Ngonde – Connecting Rukwa and Tumbuka, on the northwest shore of Lake Malawi, and with 5 development, tropical savannah, ivory, Nyasa culture, Feitishist people, 15.9% unrest, 75% autonomy, 0.04 made. I order a core here

South along the Lake Malawi west coast is…

Tumbuka – Savannah, tropical, ivory, barracks, church, 8 development, core orders, Nyasa and Fetishist, 0.05 made, 11.4% unrest, and 75% autonomy

South again along the coast is…

Kalonga – tropical drylands, Nyasa Fetishists, core orders 10 development, barracks, marketplace, church here, iron working, 0.06 cash made, 15.9 unrest, 75% auto. Core for here as well.

South is Lolo, west is Nsenga

You can see the Lake zoomed in, and both of our recent adventures, as well as colony Rukwa to the west of Ngonde, near the top of the screen.

I recall our colonists from Rukwa and send them to Matsolo, downcoast from Inhambane

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-28-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

8 Oct – I reject an offer by Mutupa for military access

11 Feb, 1584 – I get a Foreign Military Expert event. We get an amazing general out of it with 5, 2, 2,2,bonuses. This makes him…

10 Mar – We have a Tea and Sugar and now sugar is up in value considerably

I order Workshop in Ile Bourbon.

30 Apr – I hand Ishindi to the clergy

10 May - Peace between Portugal and Mutapa. No land exchange occurs

5 Sept – Great Karoo now joins our Catholic brother hood. Next is a culture shift

21 Oct – Uh Oh

England declared a major Protestant Religious War against Portugal. Joining them are a ton of powers, Brandenburg, France, French Colombia, Scotland, Russia, Sweden, English Mexico, and about….22 minor powers in the HRE, against…Portugal, Norway, Portuguese Brazil, the Ottomans, Denmark, Aragon, and about 4 minors in Europe. Portugal calls us to their side. But I don’t want to fight in this mess. But I doubt any come down here, so okay, fine. We will protect our Catholic bretheren

24 Jan, 1585 – I grant Castile Military access

1 Feb – I order a culture shift in Xhosa

5 Feb – Lolo now a core

16 Sept – Accommodations with natives in Rukwa

1 Oct – Rebellion in Quelimane

20 Oct – Defeated

1 Dec – Idea –

Viceroys - +20% Global Tariffs

And we got this national idea with it:

Imported European Weaponry, -10% Mil Tech Cost for the rest of the game

30 April, 1586 – After losing more than 80000 troops, our side lost a major battle in War of the Protestant League.

1 October – The three new captures are all cores

Missionary to Ngonde

1 Nov – Our Army Organizer passes. I hire Diogo Boussombo, a lvel 1 Army Reformer to replace him

I had Lolo to the clergy

1 Dec – We have maxed the slave trade and get +10%

1 Jan, 1587 – Inhambane will be tropical wood

8 Jan -155,289 losses in another battle

1 Feb – Workshop for Luba

28 June – In the Polish battle, 140000 casualties by the defending forces

9 Aug – I grab a colonize Natal mission. I pull back colonial foces from Imhambane and send them over to Natal

8 Sept – In the ongoing Polish Conquest of Hlohov war with Poland vs Portugal, the defender (in this case Poland actually) just lost 137,000 more forces in a major battle

1 Oct – Just in case you care, our wars with Mutata and Mombasa and their subsequent peace traties have ended and we are free t oattack anytime.

24 Oct –Mutapa and Portugal are now rivals

Old 10-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #64
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent
21 Oct – Uh Oh

England declared a major Protestant Religious War against Portugal. Joining them are a ton of powers, Brandenburg, France, French Colombia, Scotland, Russia, Sweden, English Mexico, and about….22 minor powers in the HRE, against…Portugal, Norway, Portuguese Brazil, the Ottomans, Denmark, Aragon, and about 4 minors in Europe. Portugal calls us to their side. But I don’t want to fight in this mess. But I doubt any come down here, so okay, fine. We will protect our Catholic bretheren

Slacker :P. You are almost 150 years in. Why aren't those nations part of the Kongo yet?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:12 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, I'm only 80 years in.....

Old 10-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1588 – New Tech!

Military 13

We get better artillery fire, shock, and can make better cannons. We switch to Large Cast Iron Cannons

1 April – Two things happen today. First some good news, Ngonde converts! Next up is Tumbuka! Second is sad news. Advisor Nunga Ndo, our Naval Reformer passes. We slide to Trader Bope Kena Ganga

1 July – The final war with Poland and Portugal ends with each side having lost an epic amount o soliders. Poland wins nothing but cash

7 Aug – We get an event called Religious Devotion. Catholics are flocking to our Tribal Kingdom from all over seeking a safe haven, and we are getting more and more conversations from others. We gain a bunch of Admin power and our clergy estae plyalty increases

1 Sept – Fish in Matsolo

13 Nov – It happens. Quelimane finally converts. Next for that missionary is Kalonga

29 Dec – Portugal again elected HRE

21 Jan, 1589 – We get a Times of Need event and can choose four options, We have a powerful dynasty. We have strong bonds with other powers like the von Hapsburgs. Queen Isabella of Castille is married to Garcia, son of our own royal house and a valuable aid and contact

We have a few options. Ask for some money, some diplomatic aid, some military help, or we are fine and gain prestige. I wish land were an option, I’d love o get Cape. I’d love to buy Cape or trade or something.

I send a letter requesting diplomatic aid…
28 Feb – We hear back and they are happy to help us out. We get some aid from the best diplomats the world has, and they train ours and work to help us better. We gain a ton of DIP power and +75 opinion swap

3 Mar – War against others, and Buganda into a war against Mutapa. We have Mutapa, Mombasa, vvs Castile, Buganda, Maravi, Hispaniola

I think they want to annex one province Maravi and prevent us from doing so later. They are besieging her capital right now

I could declare war back, but I still have some badboy to deal with.

5 April – Xhosa’s culture is now ours.

1 June = revolt in Tumbuka

21 July – After a surprisingly feisty battle, they are put down

22 October – Our explorer gets badly drunk off Titi Brew, and it comes back to haunt us, and we lose some prestige.

1 Dec – Our advisor – Natural scientist, passes. Next is a level 1 Treasurer

23 Dec – Tumbuka converts.

1 Jan, 1590 – New Tech

Admin 13 -0 +5% production

21 Feb – We grant aid to a noble estate and gain loyalty

11 March – I send a peace offer to England they accept for a hundred and change in cash, just to get it over. We were behind something like -55% or so.

1 May – I unlock a new idea:

Free Colonies, Exploration Idea, we get another colonist. I send him to Rukwa to help finish that one more quickly

6 July – Great Karoo is now our culture. I order up a church

15 July – Kalonga converts

Old 10-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #67
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To be fair, I'm only 80 years in.....

Ah yes, forgot you weren't using the early start date. There's still time then.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1591 – We are in a good place in the Indies, we see most of it now, from our Explorer’s Expeditions. The only major force here is Portugal, but they aren’t here in any major force.

1 May – We are now 5th in Great Powers, Portugal is off the list. The current list in order from 1 to 8

Ottomans
France
Austria
Poland
Kongo
England
Russia
Castile

1 July –

Rukwa – Now a major nation, 5development, Kongolese, Catholic, highlands, tropical, copper, 50% auto, next to us in Tabwa and Ruguru, southeast coast of Lake Tanganyika, and 0.26 made here, core, east and south is Ngonde, and we have a few other internal holdings that no one claims, like Hehe, Bemba and Luangwa.
Next?
I have a few options rolling in my head

1. Grab a wealthy island now in the Indies, to use as a base of operations for expansion there.
2. Take Mtetwa, the connection between our colonies in Natal and Matsolo, and build that up, creating one continuous line up the coast. It’s very low development though.
3. Take all of the African coastal terrain off the map now. All of the remaining ones are 3-4 development with high nasty natives, save for Lesser Namaqualand with nice natives but the same lack of development. This would be strategy only against European expansion into the area.
4. Portugal has most of the Indian Ocean holdings – Christmas Island, Diego Garcia, Mahe, Cocos Island, but the Comoros Islands are free, but angry naives and low 3 development is nothing.

Let’s grab Spice Islands for the win?

I’m heading for Flores, the farthest I can reach colonially. It’s 11 development, low natives that are very nice, and Will take around a year for my colonists to arrive .

1 Aug – Natal will be making slaves

3 Aug – I rent my biggest army, the 2nd one, as mercenaries and Condottieri to the Maravi to face war against the others. I am making a ton of money now, since that army is not being paid, and they are paying me some cash too.

We get colonial enthusiasm post Natal-s Slavery announcement

Next mission – turn Inhambane into a city

15 Feb, 159 2- We get poor copper for a few years and artillery costs rise a bunch

18 Mar – I demand Busoga leave the alliance with Nkore

23 may – Maravi retakes their capital with our rented army

14 June – Our explorer passes. The one who circumnavigated the globe has died.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Dec – Our truce with Nkore is over…

I declare holy war on Nkore

23 Dec – We rout their army in their capital holding and begin the siege

11 Jan, 1593 – The occupation of Lisboa has frightened many and forcing them to flee. Some are fleeing to our shores. I can choose to welcome them, gain some prestige, and piss off all of the protestants, or the other, and send them home, but only annoy Portugal. I welcome them. Welcome to Southern Africa, and the Kingdom of Kongo! God wills it!

13 Feb – I hire Condottieri from our ally, Buganda.

1 April – Our army reformer died. I hire a Master Recruiter to increased or manpower reserves and speed

1 June- Bunyoro falls

22 June – We lose a province of Ngonde to one of Nkore’s allies, Mogadishu

5 July – Pubungo falls

12 July – Accommodation with natives in Inhambane

31 July – Nkore falls to us. All three holdings are ours

2 Aug – In Natal we encourage the Encomienda System which drops their aggressiveness massively an d gives us bonus goods produced for a few years

1 Nov – We retake Ngonde

17 Nov – We defeat an enemy army in Nkore

4 Dec – I give Maravi military access

4 Jan – Our tired army loses to Ajuuraan in Karanwe

15 Jan – Peace with Maravi and others

22 Feb – We chase and defeat the Ajuuraan forces in Kusu.

30 Mar –

Our ruler, Diogo, has passed.

Now, if you will recall, we had some issue with a heir, so we had a weak heir.

This is Henrique I, 5/1/5, solid at a lot of stuff, and a He is a Zealot as well, and 38 years old. His heir is strong, Ambrosio, 5/3/5, 32 years old with Charismatic Negotiator

So we are safe

We get pretender rebels in Tabwa.

17 April – We accept a royal marriage from Castile, and then Portugal joins us.

1 May –

Matsolo – Full-fledged nation now. I send a Missionary, Nguni people, jungle, tropical, fish, 9 development, 0.41 made here, 12.7% unrest. Upcoast from Mtetwa and downcoast from Inhambane on the Coast of Natal .

4 May – Luckily, we had an army near Taba and were able to force them down

5 June – I hire another Explorer and load up our vessels in Mauritius and send them out once more

14 Sept – In order to force their hand, I have arrived at Ajuuraan and just took Pate.

14 Oct – Songhai announces us as their rival

26 oct – We take Kismoyo

6 Dec – We take BArawa

15 Jan, 1595 – I am besieging their capital as they retake the ones we gathered.

10 Feb – We cancel the Condottieri

1 April – Flores is Spices!

15 April – They retook all of the small land we had

1 Aug –

Natal – Now self-sustaining, core, I order a Missionary here, Nguni, slaves, jungle, on norder with Xhosa and Mtetwa, 0.22 made herem 12.8% unrest, 3 development

My next target is Mtetwa and East Timor

7 Sept – We defeat an enemy army again

17 Oct – Merca, the capital of Ajuuraan, falls to us.

19 Oct – We get the three provinces of Nkore, 210 gold, and peace

We lost 17k troops ot their 38k

Old 10-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here, I zoomed in to show you where we are

We took the three provinces west of Lake Victoria and behind the two one province minors there. Another nation bites the Kongolese dust!

I’ve got a little cash, we still have an okay manpower situation at 16k,and we only gained about 12 badboy, and I lose around 2.5 annually, so in a few years, I can hit Mutapa hard for that war we all know is coming ,and unite my South African colonial efforts with our expansion eastward.

Here, let me show you our area down there as well

You can see Quelimane and Lolo above, and the Portuguese holding of Sofala currently in rebel holdings. I can war with Mutapa, and then take the inland provinces to connect me behind Portugal, and that would also prevent them from expanding in as well. Meanwhile, you can see Inhambane and Matsolo, the future colony of Mtetwa, and Natal, Xhosa, and more to the south. I’ve gotten the wealthy ones here, but I want to slowly move and take the whole area, but my major concern is Lesser Namaqualand, and then Roggeveld to prevent Castile from heading inland.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-29-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, here are my new shiny possessions:

Nkore – The former capital, north of Nduga, west of the Buganda people, and around the Lake Rutanzige. 8 dev, Ganda and Fetishist folk, grain, tropical, hills, 75% auto, 18.3 unrest, and church and marketplace here. West is wastelands

North is…

Bunyoro – West is wastelands, near and around Lake Albert, north of Nkore, and west pf both Busoga and Buganda folks. Savannah, tropical, church, barracks, marketplace, salt trade, Ganda and Fetishist folks, 23.1% unrest,and 75% autonomy, 10 dec, 0.07 made here

North is….

Pubungo – Savannah, tropical, barracks, 4 development, 23.1 unrest, 75 auto, 0.00 made, Acholi people, Fetishist faith, wool, north is wasteland, west is another wasteland.

Not a lot of major winners, but I wanted to pull Nkore off the map. Cores ordered for everyone.

We now have maps of the entire world. Since 1506, what has happened?

France expanded into northern Italy, Sweden has almost absorbed Denmark,

Old 10-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 Oct – Matsolo converts. Culture next

Let’s do some ideas.

Exploration Idea #7 Global Empire – We get +25% Naval Force Limit, and finish that ide,a letting us declare war on any primitives we encounter

Expansion #3 – Faster Colonists – We get +10 global settler increase

This unlocks a national idea:

Diplomacy with European Monarchs +1 Diplomatic Reputation and -25% envoy travel time

8 Nov – I decline military access to mutapa

1 Dec – Let’s take a look at my finances, just to give you a heads up of where we are right now:

We make monthly:

20.9 taxation
13.83 production
6.6 trade
2.02 gold

For a total of 43.40

We spend this monthly:

5.29 Advisors
4.00 State Maintenance
6.47 Colonial Maintenance
0.73 Missionary
1.66 Root Out Corruption
17.94 Army Maintenance
3.71 Fleet Main

Total Expenses – 35.55

Total cash making is 10 monthly, roughly. So we’ve got cash to spare. I had a level 2 advisor that dropped to level 1 when I needed a replacement, and then we were building up my military during that war, so now I have 47k forces, just a little below the force limit of 51.

25 Dec – Protestant is now the dominant faith in the HRE and Portugal was forced to abdicate as emperor

7 Jan, 1596 – I declare Songhai a rival too I suppose

I hand Lwena to the clergy

23 Feb – Major news!

The Pope has just announced we have a saint in our ancestors (I am ruling it is Alfonso I), and we get +1 stability for free! And there it is back from the loss we had when our new King took over

1 Mar – Portugal back in Great Power land

1 June –

Inhambane – We finish our mission here as well. I make it a core. Jungle, 9 development, tropical, tropical wood, 0.19 made here, Nguni, Fetishist, I send a Missionary,

Next up I pull back the colonist in Mtetwa to set up in Lesser Namaqualand, and then we’ll hop back over to the dangerous Mtetewa to lean on it

I take a mission to make nice with the Papacy and send n our diplomat

21 Aug – Major disease strikes in colonies., We invest in the aid of the locals, and spend some cash, reduce native pissed off levels, and increase settler chances

1 Sept – I hand Malem to the noble estates

13 Nov – Natal converts. Next is culture, I spend that 22 to swap it over to Kongolese

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-29-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1597 – We get some bonus noble loyalty

1 June – Our Trader adviser passes. Next is Spymaster level 1 guy

19 Oc – Inhambane converts. Next is culture here as well

15 Nov – I spend 100 Mil to keep down some serious rebellion stuff

1 Feb, 1598 – We get an event, a Castillean spy is believed to be a diplomat as well. I cut him off from important things rather than lower our reputation with Castile.

1 July- Mtetwa gets Naval Supplies

22 July – We find a more suitable place in Mtetwa to settle, so we move to it and increase the taxes here by 1

1 Aug –

Flores – Core, island, spices, coastlands, tropical, 11 development, Papuan culture, Animist faith, I send over a Missionary, 10.2 unrest, 0.55 made here already,

I send this colonist to…

Ampom – island south of Ceram in the Sea of Banda

27 Nov – Our Nkore holdings are now all cores

I send a Missionary to Pubungo

1 Dec – We max relations with the Papal States , and get some nice mission bonuses. I take a keep money mission, which we are doing well right now, I’m saving up for a manufactory

14 Jan, 1599 – There is a big war out by the Horn fo Africa.

15 Jan – I order Busonga to break their alliance with Mutapa

1 Feb – Accommodation with natives in Mtetwa

1 April – East Timor will be Tea

17 May – Natal is Kongolese

Old 10-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 June – I declare war on Mutapa

Beginning of War 11

This is the War that is going to end the Mutapan threat

8 July – They capture Inhambane

12 July – Sena falls to us

1 Aug – We defeated their Navy in the Coast of Sofala

8 Aug - Zumbo falls to us

1 Aug – They take Matsolo

19 Sept – We take Shangwe

25 Sept – They take Mtetwe

1 Nov – We take Butua

4 Nov – Natal is theirs

17 Dec – We take Butera, they take G-R

27 Dec – Flores converts. Next is culture. Just took 22 to do

1 Jan, 1600 – Military Tech gain – 14 – Tenaille, we get better iunfantry fire, can build bastion defenses, and get Africian Hussars

I send a Missionary to Nkore

8 Jan – Ambom converts to Catholic right now

30 Jan – Great Karoo is theirs

13 Feb -0 Swellendam is theirs

25 Feb – Pubongo converts. Next is Bunyoro

7 Mar – We captured the fort of Lomwe

16 April – Makua falls to us

1 May – Angoche is ours

22 May – We win in a battle on the Gulf of Zambezi.

5 June – We capture the fort at Manyika!

11 June – We take their capital, Zimbabwe

24 June – Madanda is ours

I combine my two armies behind my major leader and send it into Imhanbane and down the coast to find and take out the Mutapan forces

9 July – Tete is ours

24 Aug – Massapa is ours

1 Sept – We take Inhambane back

4 Sept – We capture them in Xhosa, and battle begins

16 Sept –We beat their army

13 Oct – Portugal develops veneering, and tropical woods increase in value

17 Oct – We retake Matsolo

26 Oct – We retake Xhosa

13 Nov – East Timor converts to Catholic as well

1 Dec – Mtetwa is ours

8 Jan, 1601 – The army that fled just took Ngonde

18 Jan – We take Natal

12 Feb – Great Karoo back

25 Feb – We force a fight in Rukwa

7 Mar – We rout their army

26 Mar – GR back in our control

31 Mar – Swelledam as well, and South Africa is back to us

1 Apr – Portugal? No longer a great power

19 Apr – We take Ngonde back

3 May – Nkore converts

9 May – Accommodation with natives in Ampom.

24 May – The siege of Mozambique is over and we take it….

4 July – We take Ibo, and have destroyed the armies, navies, and captured every Mutapan holdings and have a 100% warscore.

Time for some shopping

Old 10-29-2016, 03:06 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So what do I want most?

Tactically, I need Sena, Manikya, and Madanda, which link to connect us. After that I go for value.

Those three get us to 24 warscore.

Massapa and Butua have gold mines, so they are next.

Hmmm….

Bujera and Zimbabwe are on the table.

Actually, for 91 warscore, I can take everyone of the 10 provinces on the west side of that canal we made, leaving just 5 provinces on the coast and inland for Mutapa.

Actually, I could then add in any one province not named Angoche. I;m thinking Makua to separate them. Now if I take it, I am about to get 28.7 badboy. Which is a lot. But we just added 11 provinces and some gold to our roster.

So lets do it.

Here, let me show you the pre-diplomacy stuff

You can see the stuff glowing bright green, thast’s what I’m taking, plus the bit of cash. But it’s worth it to end Mutapa as a force. They are left the three coastal provinces that that small one by Makua.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-29-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BOOM!

I spend 155 to core the 6 Zimbabwe provinces. 21 for Makua, 26 for Shangwe and 88 for Zumbo, Sena and Tete

Unless I tell you otherwise, they are Fetishist, Shona culture, 75% autonomy ,and 22.6 unrest

Makua – savannah, tropical, ivory, Makua people, Sunni faith, 4 development, marketplace, 0.02 made her,e 22.6 unrest.

Sena - 6 dev, savannah, ivory,tropical, marketplace barracks, 0.04 made here

Tete – 6 dev, savannah, tropical, inland center of trade, marketplace, barracks, 0.03 made here, ivory here as well

Zumbo – Savanah, ivory, 5 development, note this is not tropical, 0.02 made here, marketplace.

Shangwe
– Marketplace, savannah, grain, 5 dev., nothing made here,

Massapa – Highlands, GOLD, 5 development, 0.22 made here, regimental camp, marketplace

Butua – Highlands, GOLD, 8 development, 0.28 made here, church, marketplace,

Manikya – Highlands, Ivory, marketplace, level 2 fort, 0.02 made here, 4 dev

Buhera -Highlands, 3 dev, Ivory, 0.01 made, regimental camp, marketplace

Mandanda – Jungle, 3 development, 0.01 made, ivory, marketplace, regimental camp

Zimbabwe – GOLD, Highlands, 7 dev, 0.13 made here, barracks, marketplace

Mostly poor stuff, the gold is the winning provinces.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:17 AM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 July – Bunyoro converts

1 Aug – We gain enough cash to finish our quest…

I take one to reduce overextension

I choose Persia as a rival

Weapons Manufactory in Mpangu, next to our capital, with its rich copper

27 Aug – I decline military access for Mutapu

1 Nov – Lesser Namaqualand is fish

1 June, 1602 –

Mtetwa - Now a full holding. Naval Supplies, jungle, coastal, Nguni, Fetish, I send Missionary in. 0.23 made, 11.7% unrest, 4 development

Next target is…

Ezorongondo, 3 development coastline on the African coast in Angola

1 Oct – Chinaware in Ampom

2 Feb. 1603 – Persia chooses us as a rival as well

1 Sept – New Colony completed

East Timor - 9 development, Tea, Catholic, Papuanm grasslands, tropical, 0,26 made here, 50% autonomy, culture shift ordered here for 18 Dip

West Timor is next in line

5 Sept – Conversion in Mtetwa, Culture shift on deck next

1 Nov – Our advisor, the treasure, passed way. Hmmm. Let’s do this level 1 Natural Scientst

1 Mar, 1604 –Our leader, Henrique, gains the Well Advised trait

Portugal is the new Papal Controller

10 Mar – I pay some MIL tech to pay down some rebels

28 July – Matsolo is now Kongolese. I order a Workshop here

9 Aug – Get ready

All of the 11 places we took are now CORES!!!

We reduce overextension, Next mission?

Colonize Cerem

I pull back some colonists and send them over

I send Missionaries to…Madanda and Buhera

6 Sept – I give Madanda and Nsenga to the clergy and Manikya to nobility.

1 Dec – More MIL spent

1 July, 1605 – I steal maps from Songhai

10 Dec – First two conversions done. Next? Zumbo and Maniyika

1 Jan, 1606 – A little more MIL is used

1 Feb – I send Songhai a little gift

1 Mar – We have an Influential Preacher who we mark as a Bishop. Gain 10 prestige

4 April – Songhai agree to military access. I create a Conquistador to head in and take a look around

9 Apr – I decline military access to Mutapa

1 May – Ezorongondo now has Fish for trade

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-30-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

100 YEAR REVIEW

Here you can see us all zoomed out and looking pretty. Now a lot of that land that was filled in is wasteland. The map fills in when you are around it. It’s looks nice. Huge and many wastelands are there, like the Kalahari Desert, Northern Congo Basin, or Namibia. But it still looks pretty, right? Right!

My 5th colony pushed my budget into a crazy place. The costs of each additional colony is a lot more than the previous one, and the 5th is 10 gold monthly all on its own. We need to drop it to four after that. But my budget went from a nice surplus to around -1 a month. I can trim in other places if I need to, like naval, but not need to do that yet. We’re still at a healthy treasury.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-30-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our ruler is King Henrique, 50 years old, Zealot, Well Advised, 5/1/5 stats, and his heir is Ambrosio 5/3/5 44 years old. Charismatic Negotiator. So we are set here.

Our accepted Cultures are Luba, Kongolese, Mbundu and Rwandan

We are allies with Castile, Portugal, Buganda, and Busoga

RM with Portugal and Castile

We have 13/11/14 tech. Where does that put us? Not that great. Ajuuraan on the Horn of Africa is 9/11/13. Castile is 12/14/14. Portugal 13/15/14. Now, France is 14/16/16, and England 16/15/16. Catholic is behind because you are able to get the institution from 1550 of the Printing press much easier if you are Reformed or Protestant. We aren’t. None of the Catholics have it yet. I don’t have a single holding with it. That gives me a +50% penalty to techs right now

On the other hand, my capital is at 80% Global Trade, the 1600 institution, and we will see it spread from there soon.

We have 19 ships with 36 force limit, and 49/59 army

We now know of most nations in the world, so our ledger this time will be a lot better:

We have 4t best income after France, Ottomans and Russia

We are the 3rd most developed nation in the world

We have the 5th highest max manpower

Not counting colonial nations like Portuguese Brazil, there are more Protestant nations in the world than Catholics, but just 20% the same number of provinces.

Our best provinces in taxes, from top to 10th

Loango
Kalundwe
Mauritius
Ile Bourbon
Ndongo
Lega
Benguela
Soyo
Mpemba
Nduga

Non-gold holdings by production?

Gabon
Cameroon
Loango
Mpemba
Ile Bourbon
Luanda
Lega
Benguela
Ndongo
Flores

We know of colonies, we could reach, that have these high base development:

Manila – 14
2 at 13
2 at 12 (One is Ampom)
2 at 11
4 at 10

All in Asia

In Africa, the highest unclaimed province is 6, the next is 2 at 5. And then 2 at 4. The rest are all 3. That’s why I was moving to Asia when I could.

We have 88 provinces.

C urrent colonies –

Ampom
West Timor
Ceram
Ezorongondo
Lesser Namaqualand

Ampom, at 934, is almost ready

Our general is the 5th best in the world right now

We have the 5th biggest army

The biggest trade nodes by total value are Genoa, Sevilla, and Lubeck. Kongo is very low.

Currently, these are the trade good values:

4.5 – Coffee, Spices, Copper
4.0 – Dyes, Silk, Cocoa, Ivory
3.75 – Sugar
3.6 – Cloth
3.5 – Fur
3.3 – Salt
3.0 – Tobacco, Cotton, Chinaware, Tea, Slaves, Iron
2.7 – Tropical Wood
2.5 – Wine
2.0 - Naval Supplies Fish, Wool, Grain

We are the production leader in Slaves, Ivory. We get a Slaves trading bonus of +10% for trading the most for our overseas tariffs.

Great Powers –

France
Ottomans
Kongo
England
Austria
Poland
Russia
Persia

Missing – Castile, Portugal

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-30-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Nov –

Ampom – Catholic, 12 development, Chinaware, tropical, island, 75% auto, 0.21 made here, Moluccan culture -0 I order a culture shift

I send these colonists to Lesser N so help finish that one

Back making that cash again

7 Jan, 1607 – Mtetwa is now our main culture. I give it to the Clergy

19 Mar – We have both Missionaries succeed. Next is Massapa and Shangwe

16 May – Inhambane now a Kongolese culture too.

14 Sept - I get another Mass Conversion event for a colony – this time, West Timor is now Catholic, but a little more pissy

1 Nov – I order up a Weapons Manufactory in the Copper Mines of Anziku – two north of my capital, and one of my first conquests we took in that first war, so long ago

1 Jan, 1608 – Ceram will be growing Tea

Which finishes our mission, and gives us the cool Global Settler Increase of 25

6 Jan – Buzinga’s culture shifts.

4 Feb – Rebellion in Butua.

20 Feb – Defeated

24 Feb – Next mission is have more ships than Persia. I order some built

23 Mar – Accommodation with natives in Lesser N

28 June – Conversation successful and next’s Tete and Sena

1 Aug –

Dip 12 – Man of War. May slander merchants, get +0.4 nava morale

Admin 14 – Can build Plantations, Allows another Group of Idea

8 Nov – We win the naval race. We get many bonuses. Next? Make nice with Delhi

1 Feb, 1609 – We get Trading in Ivory bonus and better diplomatic stuff

What idea would I like? Quality? Offensive? Defensive? Trade Ideas?

I’m considering Maritime, Offensive, and Trade

1 Mar – Flores is now Kongolese

I order:

Workshop in Flores
Church in Inhambane, Matsolo

2 Mar – Rebellion in Makua

28 Mar – Put down

1 Aug –

Lesser Namaqualand – Khoisan people, Fetishist faith, Steppes, Arid, coastal, north and up the coast from Cape, and 3 development, 75% autom no gold made, and 1,8% unrest. Fish

I send these colonists to Roggeveld, the inland province that connects Lesser and us in Greater Karoo and Swellendam, and cuts behind Spain to do so.

16 Oct – Sena and Tete convert. Next up is Zimbabwe and Lesser N

1 Nov –

Ezorongondo – Finished as well. Coastland, Arid, 1.8% unrest, 4 development, 0.03 made here, Fetishist, Khoisan people, fish trade. This province was next to nothing. Just a coastal one in the middle of a wasteland otherwise. I hand it over to the nobility

Next colonial target is – Manila

Old 10-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 Mar, 1610 – Agricultural Revolution In Shangwe, gives us better taxes there

1 April – Advisor Master Recruiter passes and we hire an Army Organizer, 1 star, as the replacement

1 May – I order:

Workshop for Inhambane
Church for Flores

2 June – We make nice with Delhi, finish that mission and gain some power and prestive. Next mission is to turn Ceram into a city

1 Aug – West Timor is Coffee

Busoga break their alliance with is

I begin to revoke military access and remove everything tying them to us.

16 Nov - I revoke my guarantee on them

5 Feb, 1611 0 Missionaries done. Next? Butua and Ezorongondo

7 Mar – Rebellion in Sena

10 Mar – east Timor – Now our culture.,. I order a church here

22 Mar – Rebellion over

24 June – Rebellion I Tete

10 July – They capture Tete

13 Aug – We defeat them and our general gained the Siege Specialist trait

1 Sept – England announces us as their new Rival

Ceram – Animist, Moloccan culture, Tea, coastline, tropical, 9 development, 0.087 made here, 75% auto, 1.6 unrest. We finished our mission hre and got some additional development

Next is Belitung, an island off the coast of Ajeh and Borneo

10 Sept – We retake Tete

I take a mission to built up my army

1 Mar, 1612 – Our general passes

2 Apr –

New Tech

Mil 15 – Mauricician Infantry – Better land morale, military tactics, and we can get new units. Central African Musketeers are replacing our infantry

May 1 – Sigh. I choose England as my rival too. I send diplomats to make nice with Austria, one of the enemies of England . England colonized that minorplace next to Cameroon, so we have them as a border, which hurst us

Unfortunately, France and England ren;t on opposite sides right now, and haven’t been for ages. Each is expanding in different ways. England took Lisbon from Portugal, France has much of Northern Italy and others.

What I would like to see is Iberian unity as a check. But Aragon is causing problems. Aragon and Castile are rivals and enemies. That’s not going to work long term. We need them all on the same page.

12 May - Ezorongondo converts and I order up a culture change

Next is Ceram

1 June – We now have a significantly bigger army, and won our mission.

14 June – Butua converts. But our next target will take a while. The Sunni province of Makua

1 August – I want to bring Maravi into our umbrella

Old 10-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1613 – Roggeveld will be wool

15 Jan – I proclaim a guarantee on Maravi

18 Feb – I send a small gift

25 Mar – They agree to transfer trade power tio us

1 April – Manila? Spices!

9 May – I take a mission to wipe Busoga off the board

I order an army near

30 May - Border Friction event with England

26 Aug – A theologian arrives in our court today. It’s level 2, and will have 50% to hie and use. Okay’

Meet

Kekenya Youlou, level 2, -2 national unrest, 2 strength

21 Sep – Ceram converts- I spend 13 to swap culture

10 Oct – Colonial Ventures event, We invest in naval force and get -10% DIP TECH costs for a decade

1 Nov – As of today, three provinces, Luba, Kalonga and Mpempa have committed to the institution of Global Trade.

3 Dec – We get military access from Maravi

13 Mar, 1614 – I get a controversy and choose muskets over bows and lose some army tradition

24 Sept – Maravi joins our alliance

5 Feb, 1615 – I begin to use a Great Power to influence and raise up Buganda

24 Feb – I do the same for Maravi

1 Mar – Our spymaster passes. Next is another level 1 spymaster

1 July – Maxed relations with Austria

25 August - Makua converts

1 Sept – Erzon… now Kongolese

1 Oct –Belitung is Spices!

Old 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #83
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It’s looks nice. Huge and many wastelands are there, like the Kalahari Desert, Northern Congo Basin, or Namibia. But it still looks pretty, right? Right!

Absolutely. Doesn't at all look like someone threw up on the map or somebody's twisted Picasso impersonation. Put those thoughts out of your head.

I mean, yeah, what you said. Good job. Keep going. Destroy the infidels(aka Europeans). All that stuff.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:19 AM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

Old 11-06-2016, 12:20 AM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1616 – Treaty with Busoga ends. We declare war

I order my 15k army into their capital to face their 7k

25 Jan – We rout their army and begin to siege

3 Feb – Finally. Buganda agrees to be our vassal

1 July –

Roggeveld – Colony no more. Desert, Fetishist, Khoisan, 75% unrest, wool, arid, inland of Cape, Lesser Na, Swellendam and west of Great Karoo. 0.02 made here, and send a Missionary.

My next colony is in inner Africa – Muhambwe, 6 development, and east of four of us (Rukwa, Ruguru, Buzinza, and Buyogoma. )

12 July – Truce with Mutapa over

20 Aug – We take Busoga’s capital.

22 Aug – We annex them and take 600 gold as well

We get some bonuses for finishing our mission

Busoga
– Savannah, 10.0% unrest, 75 autonomy, tropical, church, barracks, marketplace, fishing here on the north shore of Lake Victoria, 0.03 made, 12 development, Masaba people, Fetish, I send a core here.

8 Sept -Maravi agrees to be our vassal

23 Nov – I accept an offer from Maravi to be a March.

5 Mar, 1617 – I drop Mbundu as an accepted culture and add in Nyasa

1 April –

Manila – Animist, Filipino, Spices, 14 development, 75% development, center of trade, coastal, 0.22 made here. We order a Missionary here

Next is Sumbawa, next to Flores (Well, with a straits of Lombok over)

1 May – Want to know why I didn’t spend my blood money? You are about to find out…

I spend more than 1000 gold to embrace global trade.

This reduces our tech costs by -17 and gives us another merchant

We can use this tech reduction for…

Admin 15 – We can force march armies

Dip 13 – We can build Brig ships and get better trade efficiency

3 Sept – Ambom cultures

24 Sept – Roggeveld converts.

2 Jan, 1618 – We get Accommodation with our colony in Muhambwe

1 Feb –

West Timor – Catholic, Core, I order a culture change from Papuan to Kongolese, grasslands, 9 development, Coffee, 0.32 cash, tropical, next to…East Timor!

I take a mission to colonize Bikol, in the Philippines next to Manila

I withdraw the one from Belitung and send it to Bikol

Old 11-06-2016, 12:40 AM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 June – I declare war on Mutapa. Let’s finish them

22 June 0 I defeat the Mutapan forces in Lomwe

23 Aug – I help our vassal take out some rebel problems it was having

I have a fleet blockading the Mozambique Channel, an army besieging Mozambique

Mutapa’s sole ally is Koln, so we should be able to finish it off pretty easily

25 Sept – Manila converts

26 Sept – I get a Libertas Ecclesaie event. Instead of pushing them to pay their fair share, I find the money elsewhere, gain some prestige, and loyalty and influence for the clergy estate

27 Nov – Mozambique is ours

20 Jan, 1619 – Angoche is ours

23 Feb – We defeat their army in Ibo

1 Mar – Our leader gains the Careful trait

24 Mar – Ibo ours

24 April – Busonga is now a core. Missionary sent

15 July – The ruler of Castile passes We renew the RM with them

21 July – Lonwe falls

1 Aug – Muhambwe is iron making

19 Aug -0 We annex them and grab 155 gold

We only got 9.7 badboy from that.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:43 AM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ibo – Coast south of Kilwa, north of Mozambique, coastlands, Sunni, Swahili culture, 0.02 made here, ivory, 6 development, 15.8% unres,t 75 autonomy, dock and marketplace. I order a core. Tropical.

Mozambique – Core ordered for Sunni, Swahili, coastlands, 6 dev, 0.02, 12.0 unrest, 75 auto, tropical. Barracks. Down coast is…

Angoche – Ivory, coastline, connects Mozambique and our holdings in Quelimane, dock, church, 7 development, Swahili, Sunni, 0.06, 15.8 unrest, 75% autonomy, tropical. Core here as well.

Lomwe – This is that inland province you saw isolated. Level 2 fort, marketplace, ivory, tropical savannah, Makua people, Fetishint faith, I spend 20 to order a core, 75 auto, 12.0 unrest, connect Makua to our vassal in Maravi

Map?

You can see them zoomed in on the coast. The 15k force is in Mozambique. We have a good set of stuff for everything.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-06-2016 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:33 AM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1620 – I purchase…

Weapons Manufactory in our capital of Mpempa

30 Mar - Roggeveld now Kongolese

30 Sept – Busoga converts

1 Nov – Portugal embraces Global Trade as well

1 Jan, 1621 – Let’s look at budget again:

Income:

31.11 taxes
21.35 production
9.76 trade
3.86 gold
0.36 vassals

66.45 income

Expenses:

7.58 advisors
5.29 state
2.06 dip
1.0 fort
10.68 Colonies
1.72 corruption
23.15 army
6.18 navy

Total Expenses – 57.69

Balance – 8.76 a month

1 Mar –

Mil Tech 16 – We get +1 combat width, artillery fire and shock improve, we can build training fields and get a new cannon type. Our new artillery is the chambered demi-cannon

28 Mar – Ceram is now Kongolese.

9 June – Russia announces us as their rival

I order diplomat to Poland to make nice with Russia’s rival

18 July – Assimilation in Sumbawa

1 Aug – Sumbawa is Tea making

1 Dec – Portugal is the new Papal Controller

24 Dec – Portugal has them call for a Crusade vs Pasai. In the Indies.

1 Feb, 1622 –

Belitung – Sunni, Sumatran culture, island, coastal, tropical, Spices, 0.7 unrest, 75% auto, 7 dev, 0.05 made, and I send over a Missionary

1 Mar - Bikol is tea. We finish our mission to colonize it and get +25% settler growth for 10 years.

My next mission is to improve relations with Poland.

10 April – I pull my colonist from Muhambwe, and will let it grow on its own. I send it to Bangka, an island off the coast of Ajeh Island and right by Belitang

25 Aug – The four provinces we took from Mutapa are now cores

Missionary ordered to Lomwe first

Old 11-06-2016, 01:05 AM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1623 –

Dip 14:

We can build Trade Companies and Galleass ships

I spend about 60 gold upgrading some ships

4 Sept -We max relations with Poland and finish that missing and gain a bunch of Dip ower

1 Oct – Rebellion in Lomwe

21 Oct – Defeated

25 Nov – Lomwe converts. Next? Angoche

1 Sept 1624, Accommodation with natives in Banka

1 Oct – I fire my 1 star advisor in Dip and hire a 2 star. I need to grow my DIP quickly. We need to raise it to 15 in order to start getting the Printing Press institution here.

1 Feb, 1625 –

Muhambwe – Iron working, center of Africa, 6 development, I order up a core, Kongolese and Catholic already, 0.31 made here, savannah, tropical.

This was the only inland African open space that was more than 5 development. Shoot, there are only 2 5s, Shaga and Highveld.

I withdraw my colonists from Sumbawa and send them to shaga, which is on the Lake Victoria east coast, next to Buzinga.

1 Mar – I order a Trade Company in Flores

5 Mar – We get a Growing Popularity of Tobacco event

4 June – We lost the slave trade effect

I am building up relations with the Indies

8 Aug – West Timor is now Kongolese and I order a Workshop here

15 Sept – Belitung converts. Ibo is next

23 Sept – The Netherlands declare their independence from France

1 Oct – Banka and Spices. Yay!

31 Oct – Accommodation with natives in Shaga

Old 11-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1626 –

Bikol – Next to Manila in the Philippines, coastland, tropical, Tea, 6 development, 0.08 made, Animist, Filipino culture, and such

I send these to north of Manila in Tondo

1 April – I choose to execute a spy who is a member of our dynasty and lose 10 prestige

23 Oct – We begin to vassalize Buganda

1 Nov –

Sumbawa – Tea, 8 dev, 0.16 made, Papuan, Animist, next to Flores, tropical grasslands,

I pull back the colonists at Shagwe and send another to Lombok, which is an island that connects Sumbawa to Bali.

1 Mar, 1627 –

Adm 16 – Production +5%

1 April – Church for West Timor,

10 - June Accommodation in Tondo

8 July – Angoche converts. Next is Bikol

19 Sept – Assimilation in Tondo

2 Nov – Portugal embraces the Printing Press

I hand Bushibi to my nobility

1 Dec – Portugal back to Great Power hood. We are 3rd

2 Feb, 1628 – I need to save cash for the inevitable Printing Press hood

1 July – Tondo will be Coffee

1 Aug – Buganda is integrated. I get their 7k troops

Bugonda – 16 development, savannah, salt trade, tropical, inland center of trade, on Lake Victoria left coast, Ganda, Fetishist, 75% auto, 0.24 made.

26 oct – Bikol converts. Next has to be Bugonda

Old 11-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1629 –

Bangka – We just finished our mission here as well. 8 development, 0.13 cash, tropical coastline, spices, island next to, and can be crossed by Ajeh island, Sunni, Sumatran culture, 75% autonomy.

Shaga has copper.

Next target is – the island of Sumba near Flores and all. I want to finish up that area. I promoted it to a state, so I don’t get the autonomy hit here you normally would

20 Feb – Ibo converts. Next is Sumbawa

1 July – Uh oh. Portugal views Kongo as their future subject, and will not be shy about declared war to force their vassalage!

So I ask for, and get, military access.

Is this a military decision? Did I miss building stuff?

Let’s compare:

Portugal – 35.07 income monthly – 14/16/16 Techs, 26k troops, 38 ships,

Kongo – 71.36 income monthly – 16/14/16 techs, 72k troops, 29 ships

We have 104 holdings. They have 31, not including Portuguese brazil, who has 40, and they have 18k forces as well, and 7 vessels

Why are you looking at me? I make more money, have more holdings, have a better army, have the same military tech, and am a long standing ally. Why me?

I order three top of the line ships built, just to make sure

28 Aug – Portugal beaks their alliance with us

And so it apparently begins.

In 1622, with soured relations and Portugal money grubbing, they attacked and invaded Kongo and lost. Without European aid, they just got trounced. Will history repeat itself?

10 Sept – Portugal cancel their military access

I order some of my forces to move about.

12 Oct – They cancel our military access

25 Oct – Lesser Namaqualand is now Kongolese

1 Dec – Lombok has the sexy Spices

5 Mar, 1630 – Bugana converts to the one and true faith. Mozambique is next

27 May – Manila is Kongolese.

1 July – Sumbawa converts. Bangka is on tap

10 Aug – Accommodations in Shaga

1 Feb. 1631 –

New Mil Tech –

Musket 17 -= We can make African Swarm Cavalry, and get better cavalry shock

1 July – New Idea:

Expansion #5 - +1 Diplomatic Relations

Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1632 0 Army Reformer passes. I buy level 1 Master Recruiter

1 Mar – It’s Time.

Dip Tech 15 –

The Galleon. 50 bonus colonial range, we get early frigates and galleon vessels, +15 settler growth, and additional naval maintenance

We are so far away from printing press.

I order a Plantation in West Timor and Ile Bourbon

28 Mar – We lose a bunch of sailors after a major storm system hits

1 May

Tondo – Animist, Filipino, hills, tropical, 12 development, 0..22 made here, 75% auto, 8.7% unrest, Coffee, north of Manila,

Next –

Kuria Between Shaga and Busoga, and on the east Coast of Lake Victoria

I take a mission to colonize PAngasinan, north of Tondo

5 Oct – Accommodations with Kuria

29 Oct – I get an event, the king has become lovestruck with a commoner. We elevate her to Queen,

Vandana, 5/1/5

She is 38, he is 76

1 Nov – Sad. Sumba is Fish

1 Dec – Portugal no longer Great

1 Aug, 1633 – Church for Sumbawa,

15 Sept – We pipe in marriageable women into Lombok

Lombok – Spices, Animist, Papuan, grassland, tropical, 0.17 made, 7 development, next tp Sumbawa and Bali, core.

Next target is Pangasinan

11 Oct – Mozambique converts. Lombok is next

31 Mar, 1634 – Good Harvest event, gets me hundreds of cash and I build a Weapons Manufactory in Luba, an inland center of trade and iron making holding

9 April – Lanka converts. Tondo next

Bikol ordered to Kongolese culture. Belitung and Banka as well.

1 Sept – Kuria is a good place to mine iron

1 Oct – Our truce with Portugal is concluded, from them breaking their alliance with us

Old 11-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1635 – Lombok converts

10 Mar – Hot Chocolate emerges, and cocoa demand rises

1 April – We begin to influence Bali.

4 June – They enter an alliance with us

13 July – Idea:

Expansion #6 – Improved Shipyards -10% build times for ships

And we unlocked:

Kongolese Idea – The Triangle Trade, +5% infantry combat, +10% trade power

31 July – I send a small gift to Bali

14 Sept – Tondo converts

27 Sept - Bali gets access to our places

1 Jan, 1636 – We are now making around 13 a month

1 June – Trade Company ordered for Songo, the Spices province we started the game with

15 Nov – Aragon and Portugal now rivals

1 Feb, 1637 –

Shaga – Kongolese, tropical highlands, copper, on east side of Lake Victoria, 5 development, Catholic, 0.27 made here.

I recall my colonists in Kuria, next door, and then send them to Highveld, the 5 province in South Africa,

1 June –

Sumba – Fish, Animist, Papuan, core, 5 development, 0.09 made, coastland, tropical, island, I order a Missionary to begin converting the local populace.

Next is…

Maguindanao, the south of Philippines, and a great holding

1 July – SAD NEWS

At the age of 79, our ruler has passed away.

Good bye!

Our new leader –

Ambrosio I Kuba, 5/3/5
75 years old
Charismatic Negotiator

Our new heir

Ntinu Kuba, Age 10, strong claim, 2/6/3

Luckily, I have enough ADM power to raise our stability back to 33

15 July – RM with Castile

Portugal won’t accept a new RM

July 18 – Austria does though

21 Sept – Native Assimilation out in the Philippines

1 Oct - Fish in Pangasinan, and that concludes our colonial mission. We get the bonus to expansion for 10 years

Our next mission is to make nice with Delhi

Old 11-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 Mar, 1638 – I accept an alliance offer from Austria

20 Aug – Our Queen from Castile is getting big support from the people.

22 Sept – Catholics flock to our door from other places we gain a bunch of power and clergy loyalty

1 Oct – Our spymaster dies and we hire a level 1 Trader

18 Oct – Nobles rise up in Mauritius

19 Nov – They capture Mauritius

1 Dec – Sumba converts

I order a Weapons Manufactory in Kalonga, the inland center of trade out on the Zambezi

6 May, 1639 – Bikol is now Kongolse

23 May Native Assimilation in Pangasinan

6 Aug – We defeat the rebels in Mauritius

26 Aug – We retake the island

1 Sept -

Kuria – Highlands, iron, tropical, east coast of Lake Victoria, connects Busoga with Shaga, 5 dev, Kongolese and Catholic, 75 autonomy, 0.08 made here

I withdraw my colonists from Highveld and send them locally to…

Limpopo – a 3 development province, and the hole in my country maps by Zimbabwe. There’s a 30% chance it’s gold, so I want to develop and see

1 Oct – We finish making nice with Delhi and win prestige and power

I take a mission to city-i-tize Maguindanao

1 Dec – Tech

MIL 18 – We can get leather cannons, better maneuver and width on armies

1 Feb, 1640 – Highveld is wool

I havn;t had any badboy in a long time. Time to press forward?

I am getting closer ot having places that have Printing Press. The closest is Cameroon, next to Britain.

5 Mar 0 Belitung is our culture

8 Apr – I issue foreign trade restrictions and gain power and mercantilism

16 Aug – Bali gives us military access

9 Oct – Our king has passed

We have a queen regency until the heir comes of age in a few years

Luckily, she is expanionist, so we get +15 Global Settler Growth

1 Nov –

Pangasinan – Hills, 6 development, fish, Animist and I send a Missionary, Filipino, 75 autonomy, north of Tondo. Tropical.

Next target is Tulangbewang, on Atjeh and Malaysia

I boost stability again

Old 11-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Jan, 1641 – Banka is now our culture

I hand Sumba, the fish place, to the clergy

Ternate gives us military access. I am going to move my army from Flores to Ternate, and then declare war on Tidore and strike from Terante, out by Halmahera

1 Feb – Maguindanao is al Spice=y

1 Sept – Dep 16 – We get bonus trade range and efficiency

15 oct – Native Assimilation in Tulangbewang.

Now I am waiting for war. I need an idea…

5 Jan, 1642 – Cork Bottle Stoppers are developed and wine is up.

10 Jan – Bali agrees to transfer trade power to us

1 Feb – YAY! Who’s got gold? Limpopo has gold!

11 April – Ampom hit badly by storms and is down for a few years in trade and production

1 May – Bali agrees to be our vassal

4 May 0 ADM Idea:

Expansion #7 – Competitive Merchants, +20% Global Trade Power

Now we finished this and…We get -25% state maintenance and we have a permanent Cb vs Asia/Africa of lesser advancement…

18 May – Pangasinan converts

Old 11-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 June – I declare war on Tidore

They have colonized Halmahera, Buru, Yamdena, and then their capital is Tidore. All are good, high quality stuff

28 June – Our heir is of age –

Ntinu Kuba

His heir is Garcia, 3/4/5

30 June – We win a sea battle in the Sea of Banda

1 July – Our ruler gets the Entrepreneur trait, and that’s 1-% trade efficiency

20 July – Halmahera falls

28 Aug – We win in the battle of Yamdena and begin to siege the province

23 Sept. 1643 – We get support for the war and lose some war exhaustion and gain clergy support

1 Oct – Tulangewang is fish

31 Dec – After a long siege, their capital falls

3 Feb 1644 – I rout their army in Halmahera

17 Mar – We retake Halmahera

31 May – After a longer time, the island fortress of Yamdena falls and is ours

1 Aug – We win in Buru and drive out their ships and kill them n the Sea of Banda

6 Sept – Buru

Looks like our foe has a colony deep in Tasmania, south of Australia.

I have no desire to head down there, so we take 206 gold and the four key holdings here I wanted in peace

Here’s what I took

Tidore – The former capital, coastlands, 14 development, Sunni, Moluccan, Spices, tropical, 13.7% unrest, 75 auto, core ordered, 0.48 made here. Church, dock, marketplace

It’s a straight to…

Halmahera – Straits to Tidore and Ternate. (I just cancelled our military access) Spices, 5 development, coastline, tropical, 13.7% unrest, 75 auto, core ordered, Sunni, Molucca0.03 made here, docks and marketplace

Buru – In the Sea of Ternate, and very close, and to the west, from Ceram and Ampom. Spices, 5 dev, coastline, tropical, Sunni, Moluccan, core ordered, 0.03 here as well.

Yamdena – Island, core ordered, 9 development, Sunni, Moluccan, Chinaware, 13.&% unrest, 75 auto, tropical, coastline, castle here. In the Sea of Bana, and east of us in Timor.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Oct – We finish our quest and…

Maguindanao – Spices, hills, tropical, Filipino, Sunni, 0.26 made, 14 development, 75 autonomy,

Considering how young the King is, I spend 500 to become Defender of the Faith. Until death, or a Catholic ruler with higher prestige buys it, we get:

+1 Missionary
+5 Morale of Armies
+5 Morale of Navies
-0.03 War Exhaustion
+1 Annual Prestige
+1 Annual Papal influence

+5% penalty for Tech

I pass the Advancement of Religion act, and we get +1 missionary strength and -1 unrest

This drops the missionary I send to Maguindanao from 166 months to 62 months

MAP!!!

Here is the map for you. See the 13 ships in that center? That’s Tidore proper. Halmaherhera to its north. Then Buru is where the armies are on that island in the south, and finally the red fortress in the south is Yamdena.

We have the cash as we build up for Printing Press commitment. I have three provinces that are fully PP – Inhambane, Cameroon, and Loango. So we are spreading very, very slooowly

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-06-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

21 Nov = I pull back colonists from Limpopo and send them to Turkana,

I upgrade Luzon, the Manila area, to a state after pullingback one of my conquered areas in Centrla Africa.

I send colonists to two places here in Luzon – Cagayan and Ilocos – both lesser holdings.

1 Dec – I order Pangasinan to our culture,

1 July, 1645 – Our heir is of age and gets Midas Touched

1 Oct –

Linpopo –Gold, Kongolese, Catholic, Core, savannah, tropical, 1.95 made, 3 development, next to Zimbabwe, Inhambane, Matsolo and such

11 Nov – I hand Lualaba to the clergy

1 Mar, 1646 – Quelimane joins the other three in embracing Printing Press fully

Highveld – Wool, 5 development, highlands, 75 autonomy Arid, fetishist, Nguni, I order a Missionary here, 5.4 unrest, 0.05 made

I am making around 19 gold a month

12 April – Poor Uniforms events

1 Aug – I declare Holy War vs Ternate and order our forces in from Halmahera

18 Aug – We win a naval battle in the Sea of Ternate

10 Sept – We rout their army

9 Nov – Lombok is now Kongolese

11 Jan, 1647 – I offer to raise and influence Demak.

31 Jan – I do the same for Sunda

1 Mar – Ternate falls and the siege is over

12 Mar – We get an event for Naval Investment and -10% tech investment for a decade ensues

30 Mar – We take 964 gold and Ternate

Ternate – Sunni, Malaccan, Spices, 17 development, core ordered, 11.8 unrest, 75 autonomy, church, marketplace, dock, tropical coastline, 0.57 made here

13 April- I withdraw my colonists in Tulangbewang and send them to Palembang, next to it, and next to Jambi

11 June – Highveld converts .

10 Sept – Halmahera, Tidore, and Yamdena now cores

28 Nov – Buru core too

I send Missionary to Halmahera, Tidore

3 Feb, 1648 – Matsolo joined the list of Printing Press holdings.

1 Apr – Master Recruiter passes. Army Organizer, level 1, hired

2 Aug – Cagayan – Coffee

1 Sept – Trader passes and we hire a level 1 Statesman

1 Nov – Dip Tech 17 – We can build Merchantman ships, Trade Depots, get better trade and colonial ranges

Old 11-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan. 1649 –

Tulangbewang – Jungle, tropical, Sumatran, Sunni, Fish, 9 development, 75 auto, 0.03 made here, tip of the island, straight and across from Banten held by Sunda

6 Feb – RM with Austria ends with the death of their leader

14 Feb – We renew our vows and…

Queen Maria Theresia 4/3/2 arrives, age 27, with Entrepeneur

1 Mar – Ilocos is Tea now

13 May – Tondo is Kongolese

I order a workship here in Tondo and another in Manila

24 Sept – I invest some MIL to keep down some rebellions in the islands

14 Oct – Mission, befriend Scotland

7 Dec – We convert Maguindanao. Culture next. Tulangbewang is next on the Missionary list

1 Jan, 1650 – The next institution is Manufactories

1 Feb – I can get ADM tech, but we are so close to cutting this penalty I want to keep it.

5 April – Ternate cored.

18 apri – We get a Poor Copper event

10 Oct – Ilocos becomes Catholic

1 Nov – Palembang is Spices!

26 Mar, 1651 – Halmahera converts

Ternate next

1 May – Sena is now Printing Press Embracing

12 Aug – Highveld is Kongolese

1 Sept – Madanda embraces P Press too

Is that enough to put us over the mark needed to move my nation over?

Almost. 9.5% of my development.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Feb, 1652 – We get maxed relations with Scotland and finish that mission. Next mission is to build a plantation in Tondo.

28 Mar – I reach out to elevate Maravi again

28 May – Native Assimilation in Cagayan

1 June – Our leader gains the Architectural Victory trait – 10% build costs. And we get…

Cagayan- Core, hills, tropical, Coffee, 6 development, 0.20 made, Filipino, Animist, west of Ilocos, north of Pangasinan, and in the Luzon strait, north and east coast of this area.

I order colonists to Bengkulu, the last in the Sumatra Ajeh area.

1 July – Benguela is now Printing Press Material. If you’ll recall, it had a huge development. And we need 10% of development, not land. That pushes us from 9.5% to 11.5%

I spend around 2000 cash to…

Embrace the Printing Press

1. We lose the 50% penalty for the Press for tech
2. We get +5% stability cost bonus

Plantation ordered for Tondo with the cash I have left

Tech Gain!

I only need a base of 600 for Admin tech 17. With my reduction, I now need a modified 492 – subtract from neighbors, ideas, and then bonuses for Defender of Faith, Manufactories, and Increase over Time.

Admin 17 – University

We can get +9 states, Admin Eff +20, Dev Eff, +10, can build University

I need 528 for 18, and we have 329 left

MIL – I need 642 for Mil 19, and we’ll have 117 left after

We can build Star Forst and get more military tactics

We need 522 for the next Dip – DIP 18. We have 508. So soon…

15 July – Persia removes us as a rival

We are about to swim in cash

I en-state:

Moloccas – We spend a hundred ADM to up their cores them.

This will remove the autonomy in these provinces, so Ceram, Ampom – no autonomy, required, and most of the places I took are in the Moloccas as well.

Ugunda – Back by Lake Victoria, most of these are now full holdings

I give Pupungo, Nkore to clergy. Kasanje, Natal, to nobility

27 Aug – Portuguese Brazil declare war on Portugal

Other European nations are moving into the Indies.

I am in a race. I leave my colonists in Ilocos and send it to Manado, on Sulawesi island

2 Oct – We regain trading in slaves bonus

1 Nov – I spend 50 MIL to cut a rebellion potential in the Indies

DIP 18 – We can Sow Discontent in spy war, get Naval Morale +0.50. We can build Galiot.

I spend a few hundred to upgrade my fleets

8 Dec – Because of how great and magnanimous the Queen ad King are, we get an 80% chance of +100 DIP power or +1 dip skill for my King. Tech

1 Jan, 1653 – We are currently making around 35 gold a month

5 Jan – I enact Sunday Schools and we get +1 Missionary Strength

I order:

Workshop for Ampom, Ceram,

I turn South Sumatra into a state. Spend some ADM to finish their cores.

25 Jan – Tidore converts

Cagayan is up

1 Feb – Workshop in Bangka, Belitung, Church for Manila, Workshop for Lombok

1 July – Workshop for Quelimane

1 Aug – Tulangbewang converts! I spend 13 culture to change it.

I hand it to the nobility

Yamdena next for conversion

1 Dec – We lose that good theologian. I hire a level 1 Natural Scientist