Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #501
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
my potion also uses one of the ingriedient that is useful in another potion. I don't think the other ingridient(s) have been seen yet.

You have a potion, too? Or do you mean your recipe?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #502
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also, the rules say potions consist of 1-2 ingredients.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #503
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

my recipe.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #504
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay, I slept in the kitchen last night and ended up with a small white globe. I started off with mold.

Anybody have a recipe for mold?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #505
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Okay, I slept in the kitchen last night and ended up with a small white globe. I started off with mold.

Anybody have a recipe for mold?
Just to clarify: You now have a small white globe and mold. The mold didn't turn into the small white globe, correct?

I would be very interested in seeing the Holy Water combined with the small white globe. I'm wondering if that doesn't get us the crystal ball.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #506
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I started the game with mold. I slept last night in the kitchen and found a small white globe. So now I have two items, mold and a globe
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #507
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

the globe does seem more like what the crystal ball should be than a lens.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #508
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
the globe does seem more like what the crystal ball should be than a lens.

But the globe will require a potion to make a crystal ball. And that potion will likely require the lens.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #509
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST

Seems like the potion-making has put us in a standstill, so I'll get the voting started. I've got a little list here of every player, their name, and their items, and AE is the only blank line.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #510
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I'm pretty sure that the "yellow flower" or whatever AE posted about should count as an item. I recorded it as such after he posted it, and have it listed as the item he picked up Night 1. Now I'm not positive that the "Night 1" is accurate (could have started the game with it) but he has definitely posted about having an item.

I agree that we should start looking at votes once everyone has checked in. Is Ardent the only one who hasn't so far today?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #511
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Pass, I'm pretty sure that the "yellow flower" or whatever AE posted about should count as an item. I recorded it as such after he posted it, and have it listed as the item he picked up Night 1. Now I'm not positive that the "Night 1" is accurate (could have started the game with it) but he has definitely posted about having an item.

I agree that we should start looking at votes once everyone has checked in. Is Ardent the only one who hasn't so far today?

Fair enough. I remember him posting that he found a yellow flower, at least I thought. I just can't see what magical item could be made from a yellow flower. But I'll give him a pass, and move on to someone here to defend himself.

UNVOTE ARDENT ENHUSIAST
VOTE RENDER
Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #512
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And yes, AE is the only one who has not checked in today.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #513
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Though that was to be expected from what he told us last night.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #514
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So in essence, everyone has checked in.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #515
RendeR
Coordinator

Defend myself eh? hrmm, I've spent two nights in the kitchen and found nada, though both pm's have suggested I'll find something if I keep trying.

I started the game with a newt tail, though I've since passed it on to another player to avoid being targeted.

What else can I add? I'm following all your posts closely, but have nothing of value to add to it.

I could dance a jig, or perhaps give a rousing rendition of "Danny Boy" if you think it would help.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #516
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Defend myself eh? hrmm, I've spent two nights in the kitchen and found nada, though both pm's have suggested I'll find something if I keep trying.

I started the game with a newt tail, though I've since passed it on to another player to avoid being targeted.

What else can I add? I'm following all your posts closely, but have nothing of value to add to it.

I could dance a jig, or perhaps give a rousing rendition of "Danny Boy" if you think it would help.

In all that ranting, you actually did add something. Now we can think about the newt tail. I can understand if you don't want to say who you passed it to. Why did you think you would be targeted if no one knew you even had the newt tail?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #517
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd love to hear Danny Boy.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #518
path12
Coordinator

Pass, you're aware of the pepper/mushroom combination aren't you?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #519
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Render sounds british to me.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #520
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Pass, you're aware of the pepper/mushroom combination aren't you?

Yeah...I'd assume everyone has figured out that peppers and mushrooms make something, since I asked for both of them in pretty close proximity. I just didn't reveal what it makes.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #521
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am heading out from work in about 10-12 minutes and probably will be gone for several hours. I might be about an hour late with the results tonight, but the deadline is still 10pm EST.

Also remember, I take conditional orders via PM, so feel free to send some in if you don't plan on being around at deadline or near deadline tonight. Any PM requests I receive prior to deadline will be executed in order before I process the deadline request.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #522
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah...I'd assume everyone has figured out that peppers and mushrooms make something, since I asked for both of them in pretty close proximity. I just didn't reveal what it makes.

OK, I didn't want to mention it specifically either. I think I'll destroy the recipe then since three of us know it -- that way it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #523
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
In all that ranting, you actually did add something. Now we can think about the newt tail. I can understand if you don't want to say who you passed it to. Why did you think you would be targeted if no one knew you even had the newt tail?

1) there was already a newt tail in the list of items people know about, so I didn't see a real reason to say I had one.

2) Since I was asked to defend myself I came out with it, but not before I passed it on to someone else. Thereby covering my own arse.

3) I apologize if i sound snippish or british for that matter I've been watching 2 obnixious children all day and had too little sleep, I'm really bitchy and I think its coming out in my posts. Sorry guys =(.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #524
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, I didn't want to mention it specifically either. I think I'll destroy the recipe then since three of us know it -- that way it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Why destroy a perfectly good fajita recipe???
Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #525
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Why destroy a perfectly good fajita recipe???

I thought of pizza when I first saw it. That's probably why I need to lose some weight.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #526
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Heh, my first thought was a sautee of some kind. You could say that it makes me healthier, but when I would make just those together in college, I would add a *ton* of olive oil.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #527
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
AE, I've got you down as the only person not to reveal anything -- unless that yellow flower you mentioned is some kind of item? Just something for when you get here.

Quote:

Started out with mercury. I didn't want to reveal it. I'll pass it "now." Alan's gone for most of the night, but I'll assume it's quasi "real time". Does anyone need it?

I went to the storeroom yesterday, found the yellow flower in "all the stuff."

Went again last night hoping to find something again, looks like I had a lot of company. I found nothing, sadly.

Again, if anyone needs the friggin flower (I asked Alan if he meant "flour", he said, no, flower as in something you put in a vase) or the mercury, let me know. As is, I'm definitely passing them tonight, regardless.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Though that was to be expected from what he told us last night.
Yep, as St. Louis Univ. Hospital till about an hour ago. Working on .DDL files and NCM350s. Finished up with some wiring for analog outputs and power to some extension modules...and I might have an answer for cronin's problem with his swamp cooler. Busy day.

Quote:
So in essence, everyone has checked in.
Probably at this point.
Quote:
I'd love to hear Danny Boy.
Sing it!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #528
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't need the mercury, but I'd be really careful about who you pass it to, since DT was killed on Night 1, after revealing he has it.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #529
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, imagine how esctatic I was to see that. That's why there's no doubt it's gone tonight.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #530
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gah, stupid quick reply.

I've been trying to watch to see if anyone needed it...never saw anyone ask for it. I can understand the reasoning, but I'd just assume people thought I only had the yellow flower.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #531
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Started out with mercury. I didn't want to reveal it. I'll pass it "now." Alan's gone for most of the night, but I'll assume it's quasi "real time". Does anyone need it?

Got paged by work for something, so while online popped in real quick. It is quasi real time in the sense things are processed in the order I receive them. I also remind everyone that conditional orders are ok in this game.. ie, both of the following are acceptible within reason:

- PM'd order requesting my itemX and ingredientY are passed to Player B if I end up tied or in the lead on votes after I leave.

-PM'd order requesting me to pass ingredient X to player B if I receive it from PlayerA at some point after I leave.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #532
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Excellente!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #533
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm going to shift my vote again. The only person that hasn't said anything about what item they have or had is Lathum. He's been pinging my radar ever since I passed him that eternal bond potion recipe, and he checked in twice without mentioning it, despite my asking him to. I'm not sure why a wolf would make a move like that, but it's enough to raise my suspicion -- maybe he was waiting to ask for advice from his wolf buddies? Just some thoughts -- I feel like I'm not getting much help here on the voting end. Are you guys all voting, and I'm just not seeing it?

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE LATHUM
Old 07-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #534
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, it is probably time to start making some decisions on votes. Despite the fact that there is more info out there today, I'm less opinionated than I was at this time yesterday.

Assumption #1 for today: Passacaglia is on the up-and-up
- basically driving conversation today, in the thick of the item passing that has taken place. If he is orchestrating as a bad guy, kudos to him. He is getting a walk for today, at least
Assumption #2: people who are enabling Pass have earned slightly elevated trust. This includes Swaggs and Path
Assumption #3: We did not have four villagers in the vote yesterday among me, Barkeep, Izulde (known villager), and LoneStarGirl

I don't know if all of these are correct, and I'm willing to listen to someone who thinks these are bad criteria for my decision. But after laying that out it sounds like I'll be going back to Barkeep vs LSG for my decision tonight.

Can someone explain to me why LoneStarGirl gets leeway for yesterday? I know that Alan posted that no getting a PM was not indicative of innocence/guilt, but didn't Izulde dying as a villager already demonstrate that for us? I don't understand the assumption that some people were making pre-lynch that they must BOTH be villagers.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #535
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well she got a little leeway from me yesterday because her story matched Izulde. (dont remember who said it first though) you are right that does not clear her totally.
A smart wolf/sect member could have sent in nothing to Alan to stay in the great hall.

This muddled thinking is really my way of saying Ihave no idea on LSG today.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #536
Passacaglia
Coordinator

hoops, can you explain your assumption #3? Also, what are we giving LSG leeway for?
Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #537
RendeR
Coordinator

Well, we have one person suspecting lathum, and an iffy LSG, so I'll open a can of worms and:

VOTE LSG

This was my original vote yesterday and I only shifted it based on Izulde and she having the same story, but as NTN says, that would be an interesting move for a sect member to make, not sending in anything to see what happens in the main room.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #538
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops I would argue that I've gone the way you were upset at me not going yesterday. I'm sad to hear that I'm still one of your top two suspects.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #539
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have no clue what you just wrote.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #540
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nevermind, I get it.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #541
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Hoops I would argue that I've gone the way you were upset at me not going yesterday. I'm sad to hear that I'm still one of your top two suspects.

Barkeep, do you think that we had four villagers in the middle of the vote yesterday with the wolves sitting back laughing? I know we had at least two, just as you would know the same if you are a villager (or the exact number as a wolf).
Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #542
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
hoops, can you explain your assumption #3? Also, what are we giving LSG leeway for?

Assumption #3 - there were four people among the leading vote-getters. Izulde (lynched with four), BK and I (three each), and LSG (one). A few votes fell off of LoneStarGirl over the course of the afternoon, but she was definitely in the mix even if she did say my vote on her was "throwaway".

I saw people removing their votes from LSG after Alan posted that not getting a PM was a possible outcome. This was after Izulde had stated this earlier in Day 2, drawn heat from it, and then LSG said she didn't get a PM late that afternoon. Alan posted his "may or may not mean anything" message soon after this. People pulled votes from LSG, but not from Izulde. Which I did not understand, as Izulde was the first to post his version of the events. If anything, I would have expected movement away from Izulde.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #543
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, do you think that we had four villagers in the middle of the vote yesterday with the wolves sitting back laughing? I know we had at least two, just as you would know the same if you are a villager (or the exact number as a wolf).
I think it's entirely possible all four of us are villagers, though I agree it's not likely. However, if you pick ANY group of four, randomly, it is likely there is at least one wolf in there.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #544
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Assuming 3 starting wolves, there is only about a 27% chance that any random group of 4 will be all villagers. That still means though that there is a 1 in 4 chance that the four that hoops mentioned are all indeed villagers.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #545
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am a villager guys. Why would a wolf forget to do a night action? It makes no sense. Anyway, I know that if hoops is alive after 2-3 days then it is probably a good idea to start looking at him
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #546
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Also, if anybody has a recipe that has an ingredient of mold in it, I would love to have it. Or if somebody needs mold, just let me know
Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #547
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote hoopsguy

Just in case something comes up tonight and I dont make it back before lynch.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #548
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And hoops, the reason I said it was a throw away vote was because you voted for me after everybody had moved their vote off of me, when the vote was Barkeep 3 and Izulde 4. You could have created a tie in attempt to save Izulde but instead choose to vote for somebody who had no chance of being lynched.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #549
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I thought I had cast my vote on LSG earlier but further review shows that I did not. My is current as of Post #337, plus my VOTE LONESTARGIRL

Izulde - Path (219), AE (251), Pass (269), Swaggs (302)
Hoops - Barkeep (213), Lathum (254)
Barkeep - Izulde (311), Barkeep (318)
LSG - RendeR (268), Hoops (338? - can't edit, but after 337)
Path - NTN (278)
Rum - Cronin (286)

Here is where I voted for you yesterday. At the time the easiest course of action for me would have been to put votes on either Izulde or Barkeep, given that I was in the mix. Instead I put a vote on another candidate with votes, leaving you, me, and BK in a tie for second.

I don't consider this remotely a throwaway. The fact that RendeR moved his vote later, while BK and I both picked up another vote, is pretty immaterial to when I cast the vote.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #550
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am a villager guys. Why would a wolf forget to do a night action? It makes no sense. Anyway, I know that if hoops is alive after 2-3 days then it is probably a good idea to start looking at him

Thats why, it makes no sense and would be an excellent way to build Trust in the community. I've read osme of the games you've played, you're a sly one LSG =) and I respect that, hence my vote.

The fact that you had limited access the first couple days and you failed to PM a night action leads me to believe its an elaborate albeit under the radar type of plan to get positive response.

After playing some of these games, its definitely something I might try if and when I ever get to be a wolf. 5 games 5 villagers, go me, at least I'm consistant!