Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #651
hoopsguy
General Manager

Based on Post #351, Alan said deadline was over at 10:01 PM EST last night. So I'm thinking the late votes for Lathum will be in play.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #652
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
And CR I'm serious about the defense thing. People criticized certain aspects of me being open yesterday so today I was far more open about those aspects. I tried to defend through actions, because there is so little concreteness for me to defend against as far as I've seen.

Yeah, I can see that. I actually don't have any bones to pick with you about hiding anything. Others might have had that as an issue, but that wasn't it with me. For me, it was just a gut feeling based on past experience, and I know that's hard for you to work your way out of.

I think if I had more time to read things going up to the deadline, I would have voted for Lathum. I don't like his play much in this one at all. Too hit and run, seems like he doesn't want to be pinned down. But half of that is gut, too.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #653
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
In all fairness, I wasn't "waiting". I couldn't even get on this site until about 25 mins ago, and you guys put up five plus pages for me to read.

I'm all for fairness, but the clock is the clock and both you and AE hung around the thread for a bit and waited until the very last (literally) minute to vote. Not criticizing the way you guys are playing or doubting that you had outside obligations, but from my seat I suspected that we'd end up with a tie once you two got your votes in and that is what we got.

It makes me feel like one of the top two vote-getters is probably a wolf.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #654
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm all for fairness, but the clock is the clock and both you and AE hung around the thread for a bit and waited until the very last (literally) minute to vote. Not criticizing the way you guys are playing or doubting that you had outside obligations, but from my seat I suspected that we'd end up with a tie once you two got your votes in and that is what we got.

It makes me feel like one of the top two vote-getters is probably a wolf.

Heh, heh, sorry I can't step into the thread and speed read five pages of posts in two minutes.

I would hope you would want me to try to get as much information as I can before placing a vote. Even trying to take in as much as I could, of course, I couldn't read it all in time.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #655
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alant said he would be an hour late tonight, but I am very anxious to see how this is going to go down.

I can't believe hoops made that big of a mistake, people jumped on lathum because Hoops said so, and when Lathum pointed out Hoops mistake people jumped on lathum?!?! Barkeep, please explain to me how that makes sense!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #656
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
BK, you said that you push for reveals but you didn't indicate what you found yesterday. That struck me as inconsistent at the time.

You were more involved, from where I sat, with arguing about Day 1 lynch, well into Day 2 than with talking about free flow of information. We had much better info flow today than we did yesterday, as Cronin, Path, you, and Ardent initially didn't indicate if you found items.
Hoops I'd already revealed more than most players in the game when I revealed my item on Day 1. In my view, I did the courtesy of others in trying to find supplies rather than the glamor of find the spell, meaning that I was not going to see the fruits of my labor, if successful, but would likely rather pass anything I found to someone else to use. I repeated my search last night because again it seemed like the most useful thing I could do, given the bonuses Alan has hinted at in the PMs.

And actually as I type this out, I should point out that MANY people, including you, reversed course on the whole no lynch thing. My not revealing my success, or lack there of, doesn't seem all that different to me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #657
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Alant said he would be an hour late tonight, but I am very anxious to see how this is going to go down.

I can't believe hoops made that big of a mistake, people jumped on lathum because Hoops said so, and when Lathum pointed out Hoops mistake people jumped on lathum?!?! Barkeep, please explain to me how that makes sense!
I jumped off of you when he admitted his mistake, but then back on to save my own skin, so I can't help you bud. I wasn't paying full attention until the very end as I was pokering it up, but I don't quite understand how you got to be the alternative to me, frankly, when it does seem based on a mistake.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #658
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Heh, heh, sorry I can't step into the thread and speed read five pages of posts in two minutes.

I would hope you would want me to try to get as much information as I can before placing a vote. Even trying to take in as much as I could, of course, I couldn't read it all in time.

As I said, not being critical of your play, nor the way your available time has allowed you to play. Yours is a perfectly justifiable excuse for your late vote.

At the same time, I also have to consider that the wolves have either your or AE's ear (or both) and could be directing you on how to play the last few minutes of crunch time.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #659
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
As I said, not being critical of your play, nor the way your available time has allowed you to play. Yours is a perfectly justifiable excuse for your late vote.

At the same time, I also have to consider that the wolves have either your or AE's ear (or both) and could be directing you on how to play the last few minutes of crunch time.
Swaggs, I think AE's voting is far more suspicous, frankly, as he could have voted well before deadline, rather than almost miss the vote.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #660
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I think if I had more time to read things going up to the deadline, I would have voted for Lathum. I don't like his play much in this one at all. Too hit and run, seems like he doesn't want to be pinned down. But half of that is gut, too.

how many god damn times do I need to explain WHY I AM GONNA BE UNDER THE RADAR this game!!!!
seriously, it's really annoying that I explain it numerous times yet people feel the need to question my playing style.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #661
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, if I were you, I admit I would have to take that into consideration, too.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #662
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
render, a vote for me is a bad idea

You may be right, but unfortunately my son decided to wake up screaming right before deadline and I couldn't get back in time to vote for hoops... sorry if it costs you bud
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #663
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I agree lathum
and I am sorry you have to die today because of it

But you better not be a wolf or I'll be pissed
Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #664
Swaggs
Coordinator

Barkeep and Lathum, did you keep your possessions or pass before the deadline?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #665
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

anyway, I am going to dinner, be back after Alant gives us our results
Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #666
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

also, whoever has a recipe with mold in it, please think about sending it to me!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #667
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I kept mine, you can all rot.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #668
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
how many god damn times do I need to explain WHY I AM GONNA BE UNDER THE RADAR this game!!!!
seriously, it's really annoying that I explain it numerous times yet people feel the need to question my playing style.

Calm down. I read what you have posted, and know why you're not posting much.

It's because of that, in fact, that I gave you the benefit of the doubt and voted for Barkeep. You did notice I voted for Barkeep and not you, no?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #669
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I had stated early in the day that I was going to pass mine and I did exactly that.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #670
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I kept mine, you can all rot.

Does you little good. We keep the items from lynched people.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #671
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Calm down. I read what you have posted, and know why you're not posting much.

It's because of that, in fact, that I gave you the benefit of the doubt and voted for Barkeep. You did notice I voted for Barkeep and not you, no?
CR, don't worry. Even if he didn't, I did
Old 07-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #672
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah. I think Swaggs is in for some possibly good loot, if I remember the final vote count correctly, assuming Lathum goes down.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #673
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah. I think Swaggs is in for some possibly good loot, if I remember the final vote count correctly, assuming Lathum goes down.

I was thinking more along the lines that a wolf would pass his things to his buddies if he was in danger, so they wouldn't fall into our hands.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #674
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines that a wolf would pass his things to his buddies if he was in danger, so they wouldn't fall into our hands.
Ahh. Well as a villager I felt good about getting rid of my items since I hoped that I was better at picking who is not a wolf than random.org, or random voters. And since I had announced I was going to pass my items I feel it would have been bad policy not to do so. However, as stated I did pass my items to path and Render, so I was not trying to slip things to a wolf under the table.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #675
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Swaggs, I think AE's voting is far more suspicous, frankly, as he could have voted well before deadline, rather than almost miss the vote.
Screw off. I had stuff going on and I told you about it.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #676
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hey guys, just checking in for a minute, but can I make a request that we keep the personal stuff out of the game? k thanks bye
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #677
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FTR, I felt under the gun and didn't think about the Lathum disputing hoops' accusation.

In the end I thought, hoops, lathum, hoops, lathum...and decided I trusted hoops more.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #678
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Screw off. I had stuff going on and I told you about it.
I understand you were busy. You might not have noticed that when people were wondering about you earlier in the day I pointed out how you weren't going to be on until late in the day. However, you were around for a fair amount of time and when you left were quite unsure if you'd be able to get a vote in, and as things stand might or might not have gotten a vote in. I think one could argue that coming back to make a last minute vote as a wolf is easier than as a villager considering the wolves can help tell you who to vote for.

And ardent, I am sorry to have upset you, but voting patterns are the heart of the game and it seems kind of unfair to suggest I can't analyze them.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #679
RendeR
Coordinator

I think we should all cut each other some slack, this game is very confusing and complicated and I know I for one have had a really shitty day and can be very testy =)

Feel the love people!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #680
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Meh. It's almost understandable. Just ticks me off that I told everyone, "hey, got stuff going on..." and it's like you don't believe me. Meh, whatever. Don't believe me. Want to know what we were reading and the plot to the show?

Maybe I could give you my tivo password and send you the program since we saved it. In the end I'll never make you happy and you've done nothing but increase your visibility on my radar.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #681
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I think we should all cut each other some slack, this game is very confusing and complicated and I know I for one have had a really shitty day and can be very testy =)

Feel the love people!
I'd feel the love, but frankly we were offered a song which we never got. Kind of makes me regret passing you an item
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #682
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Meh. It's almost understandable. Just ticks me off that I told everyone, "hey, got stuff going on..." and it's like you don't believe me. Meh, whatever. Don't believe me. Want to know what we were reading and the plot to the show?

Maybe I could give you my tivo password and send you the program since we saved it. In the end I'll never make you happy and you've done nothing but increase your visibility on my radar.
Actually that would be awesome since I meant to watch Jerico and completely forgot to set my own tivo. You're a good guy.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #683
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd feel the love, but frankly we were offered a song which we never got. Kind of makes me regret passing you an item

I Sang, I SWEAR I sang! I can't help it if you can't hear me from wherever you are =)
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #684
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FWIW, my wife just thought it was okay and went to bed. I now have all the time in the world...after the flippin deadline.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #685
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friggin people posting ahead of me. I need to learn to quote in this game.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #686
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No offense, render.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #687
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
No offense, render.

No offense taken, your wife and I both understand the first few times are the best and after a few months things get a bit boring

*J/K*
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #688
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I need to go back and recount the votes one more time because of the stuff that happened at deadline. I know who the lynched person is, I need to figure out who the condemning people in the vote were. Give me 15 min to process pre-vote PMs and results will be posted.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #689
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today the conversation starts slowly, as the group appears to be more focused on heading the schoolmaster's advice and work on putting together magic to combat your evil foes. As the day winds down however, the tension rises and fingers start to be pointed at each other.

About an hour after the sun set, things started to get really heated as people begin to shout, "Lathum is evil!" .. "No Barkeep is evil!!" ... "Hoopsguy set me up!!" .. "Vote Pedro!!"... Just before the room turns into a giant brawl, Swaggs once again grabs the huge rusted butcher cleaver just like yesterday and says,"Enough! I'm tired of this bickering!"

Swaggs walks towards Barkeep and looks him from top to bottom. He scowls and lifts the cleaver high above his head and begins to swing it... Just before it comes down at Barkeep, Swaggs pivets his body and lets the cleaver slice through the middle of Lathum's back. Lathum collapses to the floor lifelessly, with the giant cleaver sticking out.

Swaggs bends over and begins to sort through Lathum's posessions. He stands up, shakes his head as if giving a negative confirmation, and simply walks away leaving the cleaver in Lathum's back. Lathum unfortunatly was just a student and not a part of any evil sect.

Day 3 is now over. Deadline for Night 3 will be pushed back to 1:00pm EST Saturday to allow for time to get night orders in. Please remember we are playing in an extended weekend mode, and review the schedule on post #2 of this thread.

It is now night time and you may do the following:

1) PM me with any night time action that you may posess.
2) PM me with which room you would like to spend some time in
3) PM me with any magical item that you wish to use tonight.

Also note, there were a few PMs received before the day deadline that did not impact the lynch vote. They will be processed now with PMs sent out, for game purposes however they should be assumed to have happened in the daytime.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #690
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Final vote count:
(6) Lathum - Passacaglia (533), path (581), Barkeep (590), Render (601), Swaggs (633), Ardent (634)
(4) Barkeep - Hoopsguy (597), Lathum (602), ntndeacon (613), Chief Rum (630)
(1) Hoopsguy - Lonestargirl (547)
Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #691
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry Lathum.

How did Hoops get out with a single vote? That's pretty crazy. Last I remembered it just before I voted hoops thought he was toast. That's one reason I voted for lathum.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #692
Swaggs
Coordinator

That bites.

And why do I have to keep being the killer?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #693
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow
we suck at this game

We really need to look at people who we have been ignoring this game.

Path, render, ntn and chief have been left off the hook... so tomorrow I will likely vote for one of them unless I think there will be some other people willing to vote for Hoopsguy
Old 07-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #694
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm out all day tomorrow.

Probably not a bad thing.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #695
RendeR
Coordinator

We are getting freaking slaughtered here....Gah...Sorry Lathum.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #696
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm hitting the hay shortly...maybe in a half hour or so. House cleaning and junk around the house...I'll be around.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #697
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I would love to know if anybody has any ideas about what i should do with my small white globe. Or if anybody has a recipe that needs mold.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #698
RendeR
Coordinator

I can't help you on those LSG, I've spent 2 nights in the kitchen and found squat. I feel really useless thus far. I just can't seem to uncover any information, I am assuming that is due to random.org.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #699
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I didn't think there was a high chance of Lathum being a bad guy, but since I knew there was a 0% chance of me, had to go that way personally. I hope that hoops sees some suspicion tomorrow, frankly.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #700
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So just to follow, you made something besides holy water today?

Yeah, in that morning session we made two potions.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote