Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #901
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
In the meantime, continue trying to obfuscate the truth.

Blah blah blah.

Crying poor poor pitiful does nothing to address realistic issues such as driver behavior that leads to searches.

Gosh, those oh-so-well-mannered folks in Ferguson would NEVER do anything remotely suspicious. Oh not, not them. Paragons of virtue, simply picked on for no reason. Poor poor pitiful them.

What a steaming load of horseshit.

How about this idea: instead of blaming everything & everyone under the sun & never accepting any personal responsibilty, a little more attention be focused on not raising worse than useless p.o.s. thugs that steal cigars from convenience stores. Or driving on a suspended licenses for that matter. Or is that too much to ask too?

Instead, far more can be accomplished I'm sure by feeding the victimization culture. That's worked well for decades after all.

All this handwringing, it's becoming comical more than anything else. Carry on.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #902
cuervo72
Head Coach

I do wonder how many cops have been hired in that period, how many applications there were, and what the makeup of those applications was.

Has anyone mentioned the Jennings PD? Apparently they were disbanded and rebuilt in 2011 due to racial tensions (and...Wilson was part of that force).

ETA: Worth noting that the rebuilt department is still white, but hasn't yet had the same issues. The key seems to be treating the community as a partner, rather than an adversary.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 08-24-2014 at 03:26 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #903
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
This is interesting. Evidently there is no centralized record keeping of officer involved shootings.

What I've Learned from Two Years Collecting Data on Police Killings
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #904
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Instead, far more can be accomplished I'm sure by feeding the victimization culture. That's worked well for decades after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Playing the victim and deflecting blame hasn't worked for decades. At some point it needs to stop.

The village idiots latched onto the same pseudointelligent talking point which is actually a bunch of meaningless word salad.

What strategy, which has apparently accomplished so much, are you even referring to? It surely can't be nonviolent protest given the paramilitary response that's received in Ferguson. What else could it be - sit around and wait until the 2060s for things to improve because every 100 years an Emancipation Proclamation or a Civil Rights Act comes along?
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #905
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
What else could it be - sit around and wait...?

I'm going to guess by your tone that this isn't the strategy currently being employed.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #906
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The village idiots latched onto the same pseudointelligent talking point which is actually a bunch of meaningless word salad.

What strategy, which has apparently accomplished so much, are you even referring to? It surely can't be nonviolent protest given the paramilitary response that's received in Ferguson. What else could it be - sit around and wait until the 2060s for things to improve because every 100 years an Emancipation Proclamation or a Civil Rights Act comes along?

Get out and vote. Get other people out to vote. Convince people to vote for the people you want in power. That's how you get leadership in your town that you want and that represent the things you want.

As for what can be done, I'd start with addressing some of the problems in the community. The high crime levels, lack of Fathers involvement, lack of education, and so on. And when someone does bring that up not calling them an Uncle Tom if they're black or racist if they're white. That would go a lot farther in improving the situation over waiting for white people to wave a magic wand and do whatever it is you think they have the mystical power to do.

I see a lot of complaining and excuses out there. I see almost no solutions. I think sitting around and waiting gets people nowhere. But that's sort of been the approach for awhile now.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #907
cuervo72
Head Coach

Woman and children accidentally pulled over at gunpoint by Forney, Texas police | abc13.com

Quote:
The traffic stop was in response to a 911 caller who had told dispatch four black men were waiving a gun out the window of a beige- or tan-colored Toyota.

The problem: Barbour's car is a burgundy red Nissan Maxima.

Well, they got the black part right at least!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #908
cuervo72
Head Coach

Also lolworthy:

Autopsy report: Victor White III shot in the chest, not back | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette, Louisiana

Quote:
Victor White III, the New Iberia man who State Police said shot and killed himself in March while in custody in the backseat of a sheriff's car, was shot in the chest, according to a report from the Iberia Parish Coroner's Office.

The Iberia Parish Coroner's Office has released only the first page of the autopsy report, which contradicts statements initially made by State Police who said White shot himself in the back while handcuffed in the back of a sheriff's unit.

According to the autopsy, the bullet entered White's chest, then perforated his left lung and heart before exiting his armpit area and lacerating his upper arm.

The report rules White's death a suicide.

State Police issued a release in March that said deputies were called to investigate a fight in the 300 block of Lewis Street and found White was allegedly in possession of narcotics. Deputies handcuffed White and took him to the Sheriff's Office for processing, but said White refused to exit the car when they arrived. State Police also said in their initial report that while the deputy was requesting assistance, White produced a handgun and shot himself once in the back.

Totally believable.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #909
Groundhog
Coordinator

Shot himself in the back huh... reminded me of:

Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #910
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It surely can't be nonviolent protest given the paramilitary response that's received in Ferguson.

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #911
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
If only there was some nice and neat math that said vehicles driven by blacks in Ferguson were searched twice as often even though finding contraband was only two-thirds as likely.

Bloomberg - Injustice in Ferguson, Long Before Michael Brown
"The ArchCity Defenders study found that 86 percent of vehicle stops involve a black motorist, even though blacks make up only two-thirds of the population. After being stopped, blacks are twice as likely to be searched, even though searches of blacks discover contraband only two-thirds as often as searches of whites, the study found."

In the meantime, continue trying to obfuscate the truth. Keep insisting that people in St. Louis have no need to make any changes as the city becomes more and more synonymous with urban decay and brain drain.

Well, there's your math motherfucker - what's your chikenshit racist excuse now?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #912
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not sure what part you find meaningless?

Not constantly crying "oh it's everybody else's fault" at every corner, every turn, every time the sun rises and every time the sun sets?

No no, it can't be about behavior. Or culture. Nope, couldn't be.
Everything wrong in the world is whitey's fault after all.

Quote:
It surely can't be nonviolent protest given the paramilitary response that's received in Ferguson.

LMAO. Yep. Nothing violent about what happened there, nope. Except for what whitey did of course ... because everything wrong in the world is whitey's fault after all.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:38 AM   #913
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Well, there's your math motherfucker - what's your chikenshit racist excuse now?
Over the top. A week.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:58 AM   #914
Groundhog
Coordinator

So... has there been any updates on the investigation?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #915
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post

White people don't care. Black people do care. Check back in 500 years.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #916
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Shot himself in the back huh... reminded me of:

Sadly, my only real contribution to this thread is to say that I think Loaded Weapon is an underrated parody movie

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #917
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I had the first boxing at WAY under 19 pages.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #918
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Iceland grieves after police kill a man for the first time in its history | Public Radio International
Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #919
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
White people don't care. Black people do care. Check back in 500 years.

Every major public official in Missouri has commented on the case. The Governor has almost demanded the officer be arrested. There are 40 FBI agents working it, the President has spoken on it, and the AG for the United States flew out to the town to speak to people and oversee the investigation.

So this idea that no one cares is ridiculous. I wish the 9 year old who was shot multiple times and died in his backyard last weekend in Chicago got a tenth of the resources this death is.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #920
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

6 top use-of-force questions
Old 08-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #921
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Last I heard is that the police released an almost entirely redacted report on the shooting.

Police Reports Shed Little Light on Ferguson Shooting - WSJ
Old 08-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #922
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
This is interesting. Evidently there is no centralized record keeping of officer involved shootings.

What I've Learned from Two Years Collecting Data on Police Killings

The funniest/saddest part about that is that there has been a federal law on the books for 20 years ordering the Atty General to collect this data. It's just been ignored.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #923
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Last I heard is that the police released an almost entirely redacted report on the shooting.

Police Reports Shed Little Light on Ferguson Shooting - WSJ

Oh, it's been a fun few days.

This happened a couple of days ago: At one point tonight, Michael Brown protesters chanted "hands up, don't shoot!" Darren Wilson supporters responded: "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" (Wesley Lowery reporting)

Bunch of new revelations about the kind of people one the various police forces around there. I won't post the various links, but they are interesting to see how officers who have been found guilty of misconduct in one jurisdiction don't get prosecuted and then get hired in a nearby jurisdiction. Great system there...more evidence of the Thin Blue Line.

The NYT really put their foot in it again on this case (just like them reporting that all shots came from the front): David D. on Twitter: Here's the 3rd graf from the NYT article on Mike Brown. and the 3rd graf from the RS article on the Boston bomber. http://t.co/BQ5wR6JQT5

Nothing like humanizing a mass murderer while vilifying the guy shot 6 times!

And not directly related, we have the Victor White saga. Coroner rules Victor White death suicide - KLFY News 10 You know, the guy who managed to shoot himself in the front of his chest with his hands handcuffed behind his back in the back of a squad car after being arrested and searched. Yeah, that happened but of course the system ruled he committed suicide so there's nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-25-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #924
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Oh, it's been a fun few days.

This happened a couple of days ago: At one point tonight, Michael Brown protesters chanted "hands up, don't shoot!" Darren Wilson supporters responded: "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" (Wesley Lowery reporting)

Bunch of new revelations about the kind of people one the various police forces around there. I won't post the various links, but they are interesting to see how officers who have been found guilty of misconduct in one jurisdiction don't get prosecuted and then get hired in a nearby jurisdiction. Great system there...more evidence of the Thin Blue Line.

The NYT really put their foot in it again on this case (just like them reporting that all shots came from the front): David D. on Twitter: Here's the 3rd graf from the NYT article on Mike Brown. and the 3rd graf from the RS article on the Boston bomber. http://t.co/BQ5wR6JQT5

Nothing like humanizing a mass murderer while vilifying the guy shot 6 times!

And not directly related, we have the Victor White saga. Coroner rules Victor White death suicide - KLFY News 10 You know, the guy who managed to shoot himself in the front of his chest with his hands handcuffed behind his back in the back of a squad car after being arrested and searched. Yeah, that happened but of course the system ruled he committed suicide so there's nothing to see here, move along.

Dramatic. Sad. Lots of words...but this sentence stood out...

Quote:
State Police cannot comment, saying it's an ongoing investigation.

I'll reserve judgment until this is complete and they can comment.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #925
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

I truly believe racism is alive and real. I cannot believe people out there believe this story. How is that even possible?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #926
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

I truly believe racism is alive and real. I cannot believe people out there believe this story. How is that even possible?

It absolutely is alive and real. It also absolutely goes both ways.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #927
CraigSca
Pro Starter

And it's worldwide.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #928
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Dramatic. Sad. Lots of words...but this sentence stood out...

I'll reserve judgment until this is complete and they can comment.

Well, since it happened in March and we are now in September and the report finally came out, maybe they can comment within the year or something. Or I guess whenever they are ready.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #929
Subby
lolzcat

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #930
Subby
lolzcat

I just hope Wilson's broken eye socket heals up okay.

Oh right.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 08-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #931
RainMaker
General Manager

Racism exists but every time a white person wrongs a black person (or vice versa), it doesn't mean it's because they are racist. I think cops would cover up their fuck-ups regardless of the race of the person.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #932
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

Here is the segment.

CNN Plays Alleged Recording of Michael Brown Shooting

Sounds like 11 shots. You can't tell from the audio whether it was in the front or back though.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #933
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - where are they getting the front/back thing from?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 AM   #934
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't think CNN reported the front/back thing in the audio. Tweet seems like it's from an internet social justice crusader trying to add his thoughts in on it.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #935
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Sounds like a series of about six shots. Then about a two second pause, then another 5 shots or so.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #936
Subby
lolzcat

Yeah I don't know how they would determine back versus front. I think when the audio first aired on CNN late last night there may have just been some initial speculation that didn't stick.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #937
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
It absolutely is alive and real. It also absolutely goes both ways.

It may go both ways, but it's a little different when one side holds power over the other, and when being a member of one group is good enough to get you arrested, because you simply are a member of that group.

TV Producer In Beverly Hills For Pre-Emmys Event Arrested For Being Tall, Bald And Black: LAist

Quote:
In yet another case of "walking while black," a film and TV producer recently told his tale of being held for six hours by Beverly Hills police while attending a pre-Emmys event because he looked like a burglary suspect.

Quote:
He said he was surrounded by six police cars, then made to sit on the curb. He was handcuffed and searched, then transported to the Beverly Hills station. He was booked, accused taking part in the armed robbery at a Citibank location and couldn't leave without $100,000 bail. He said his car was impounded, he was denied a phone call and wasn't given a very good explanation as to why he was being held.

What was he arrested for? Being a tall, bald, black man.

Quote:
What Belk says confuses him the most is why the footage from the bank was not reviewed until after multiple requests by Belk, six hours after he was detained and forced to sit on the curb. The footage showed that it was a different tall, bald, black man, and Belk was free to go.

"If it can happen to me," Belk wrote, "it can happen to anyone. Time has come for a change in the way our law enforcement officers 'serve and protect' us. We all do not fit the description."

(longer story and his full FB writeup at the h/t link)
Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #938
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
It may go both ways, but it's a little different when one side holds power over the other, and when being a member of one group is good enough to get you arrested, because you simply are a member of that group.

TV Producer In Beverly Hills For Pre-Emmys Event Arrested For Being Tall, Bald And Black: LAist

(longer story and his full FB writeup at the h/t link)

Old 08-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #939
Buccaneer
Head Coach

What is the threshold percentage of any group that is considered bad before it becomes acceptable to consider the whole group bad?

Personally, I don't see how is this not manslaughter and I fear the consequences if not charged as such. But I also consider the shooting of that 11 year old girl as well as the 9 year old this past weekend as manslaughter as well. You talk about a group with the power lethally preying upon innocents but I would also include the violent gangs as well with their black market weaponries.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #940
JPhillips
General Manager

When will black people talk about their own communities?

Al Sharpton at the funeralof Michael Brown:

Quote:
Blackness was never surrendering our pursuit of excellence. It was when it was against the law to go to some schools, we built black colleges and learned anyhow. When we couldn't go downtown to church we built our own AME church, and our church of God and Christ. We never surrendered, we never gave up, and now we get to the 21st century, we get to where we got some positions of power. And you decide it ain't black no more to be successful. Now you wanna be a nigga and call your woman a ho, you lost where you come from.

We've got to clean up our community so we can clean up the United States of America! Rev. Al, you don't understand what they doin' to us. I understand. But I understand that nobody gonna help us if we don't help ourselves. Sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves won't solve our problems. Sitting around having ghetto pity parties rather than organizing and strategizing and putting our differences aside. Yes, we got young and old. Yes, we got things that we don't like about each other, but it's bigger than our egos. It's bigger than everybody. We need everybody because I'm gonna tell you, I don't care how much money you got, I don't care what position you hold. I don't care how much education you got. If we can't protect a child walking down the street in Ferguson, and protect him, and bring justice, all you got don't matter to nobody but you!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #941
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
When will black people talk about their own communities?

Al Sharpton at the funeralof Michael Brown:

To answer that question is to be prepared to hear tired and rehashed arguments. In my own personal life I have spoken against gang violence and this "hood" way of life. I have seen first hand what happens when someone tries to keep it hood.

I wish I could say the problem is as simple as tell them to stop acting like animals and maybe white society will accept them and be more sympathetic to their plights. However, a close analysis of the black situation produces questions that need answers. For example, there is a tremendous amount of illegal assault rifles in the ghettos of America and my question is this: How do these poor people get access to these assault rifles?

Another question is if cocaine or marijuana is not predominantly produced in the ghetto how do these products happen to find their way into the hands of these poor people? Last time I checked I have never seen fields of coco plants or weeds in the ghetto.

Another question I have is why do some many black children have behavioral issues. Are those issues a result of their fathers not being home or is it something genetic? Why is it that I was able to go to law school while my brother went to jail?

I am rambling but the point is there is no simple question. My sincere hope is to one day be able to give to my community the opportunity to get an education by offering to pay kids to go to trade school.

I digress.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #942
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I also want to add that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are part of the problem as well. They do not care about the black community because if they did they would be promoting the building of a black community.

Black people (poor or rich) do not shop at black owned businesses unlike other groups of people in this country (i.e. the Chinese or Jewish people).
Old 08-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #943
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
What is the threshold percentage of any group that is considered bad before it becomes acceptable to consider the whole group bad?

If that's what you're taught and with confirmation bias, I would say that number is 0%.
how do you know?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #944
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

I wish I could say the problem is as simple as tell them to stop acting like animals and maybe white society will accept them and be more sympathetic to their plights. However, a close analysis of the black situation produces questions that need answers. For example, there is a tremendous amount of illegal assault rifles in the ghettos of America and my question is this: How do these poor people get access to these assault rifles?

Another question is if cocaine or marijuana is not predominantly produced in the ghetto how do these products happen to find their way into the hands of these poor people? Last time I checked I have never seen fields of coco plants or weeds in the ghetto.

Well, I'd say a suburbanite, in a nice home, would be less likely to jeopardize their entire lives for the quick money of drug dealing (as with all things, there are certainly exceptions). Who's the ideal candidate for drug dealing? The person who has "no future", no education and therefore would have no problem jeopardizing "nothing" for the quick money. Therefore, the drugs naturally funnel their way to those neighborhoods.

Assault rifles - are you sure it's the poor that have them, or is it the drug dealer who has access to the cash? I have no idea, personally, but you would think logically, if you're poor and can barely afford food/housing, why on earth would you be buying an assault rifle?

I have my own opinion on Dads and their impact on society - I think their importance has been minimized, but I think both sexes bring characteristics to the table that form a normal, healthy individual (again, the caveat that there are both bad fathers and mothers who probably do potentially more harm by being in the picture).
how do you know?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #945
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I have my own opinion on Dads and their impact on society - I think their importance has been minimized, but I think both sexes bring characteristics to the table that form a normal, healthy individual (again, the caveat that there are both bad fathers and mothers who probably do potentially more harm by being in the picture).

I think having a father in their life (provided he is not a dumbass) will go along way to mitigating some of these issues.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #946
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I think the best practical thing the black community can do to improve this issue is to setup as many black college scholarships as possible. If you are an African American and have made a bunch of money, that should be your number one goal when it comes to donations. The more kids go to college = the more stable black families who live in the suburbs = the less hassle by cops in that area. If the "expected" black rate in a nice area goes from 10-15% to 30-35%, there will be less and less of a reason to profile. Then, as time passes, cops will be replaced by more open minded people (including the kids of those minorities that moved in).

To achieve this, you have so many minority academic scholarships to college for major inner city areas that if you can get a good GPA, you can get one. I'm sure the right would hem and haw about how unfair that is and how their white kid has a 3.5 GPA and didn't get a scholarship but a black kid with a 3.0 GPA did, but you have to look at the bigger picture. A program like this on a grand scale could finally tip the scales to allow more opportunity for minorities and more minorities leaving the ghetto to the point to where may even some "ghetto" areas end up getting a facelift because there just aren't enough lower income people left to justify it. Now, that's not going to happen to Detroit, Chicago or St. Louis overnight, but if you are a high school kid and you know if you can just pull a 3.0-3.5 GPA - you have a great chance at a scholarship. I think suddenly college becomes a more realistic dream and some kids/families will push it more. When you are in a single parent home with a mom that works two jobs to provide food and clothes, $20K a year in college costs is a pipe dream - even with some access to student loans.

Last edited by Arles : 08-26-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #947
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
If that's what you're taught and with confirmation bias, I would say that number is 0%.

well technically, in order to have confirmation bias, you'd at least need >0%
Old 08-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #948
Blackadar
Retired

I think I might kill someone if I read another article about this shooting that says "a friend of Wilson's said that Brown charged at him" before the shooting. There were no friends of Wilson's at the shooting site. Citing this is trying to put a pro-police spin on any article. CNN and Faux are both horrible about weaving fake "facts" into articles.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-26-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #949
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I think the best practical thing the black community can do to improve this issue is to setup as many black college scholarships as possible.

I think what Georgia has found with the Hope scholarship is that just giving kids access to college isn't enough. They have to be able to handle college level material, and too many of our schools aren't doing a good enough job of preparing them.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #950
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
well technically, in order to have confirmation bias, you'd at least need >0%

True!
how do you know?