Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
Calis
College Starter

Question for UK'ers- How is Extras(TV Show)?

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's new show.

I think it's played through the first 4 episodes over in your neck of the woods? Curious what people are thinking so far, as I've heard almost nothing.

Been really excited to see this one over here, The Office is one of my all time favorite shows, and I bet I've watched through the whole DVD set more times than is at all healthy, and force fed it to everyone I can.

So how is this one shaping up?

Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
21C
College Prospect

I didn't even know about this series until I read your post. I've been catching up with it and it certainly lives up to The Office.

The first episode was a little slow since it took some time for me to get used to the new characters but the episodes after that have been piss funny. Well worth checking out.

I think it starts on HBO September 25.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
Calis
College Starter

Heh, I eventualy gave up on anyone replying and found my own means of checking out the show.

I love it, I didn't think it would happen but I say it's right up there with The Office. Yeah it's got a different feel, but man it's great.

I laughed especially hard anytime Ross Kemp was on screen in his episode. I'm sure it would be a lot funnier if I knew Ross Kemp at all also, but he had some great lines.

Highly recommended though.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis
I laughed especially hard anytime Ross Kemp was on screen in his episode. I'm sure it would be a lot funnier if I knew Ross Kemp at all also, but he had some great lines.

Ross Kemp was Grant Mitchell in Eastenders (One of the top two soap operas in the UK), bit of a thug, mother owned the pub, ex-British para, post traumatic stress after the Falklands, his brother shagged his wife, he shagged his brothers wife, he pushed his own wife down the stairs of the Queen Vic (the aforementioned pub), she survived, she ran away from him, she got ran over and killed by a speeding Frank Butcher ("leave it out, Rickie!" was his catch phrase), got in serious debt to gangsters, robbed a bank with his brother to pay off the gangsters, faked his own death, fled to Brazil (and out of the series). That pretty much sums up his time on Eastenders

I quite like Extras. Very similar to The Office. Getting very mixed reviews in the UK, but it's already confirmed for a 2nd series so somebody must like it.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote