Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #51
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

likely never - the guy that owns Dish is a hardass when it comes to negotiating content.

Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #52
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
likely never - the guy that owns Dish is a hardass when it comes to negotiating content.

He meant like "when" in past tense. They do have them now.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #53
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'm thinking about switching back to Dish to save some money. I got directv about 4 years ago when Dish lost the MLB EI package. Now that they have the MLB Network, and I can get EI through the PS 3 or Roku, I can save about $30 a month the first year.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
He meant like "when" in past tense. They do have them now.

I found NHL network a few days ago and to my surprise last night, I saw MLB network was also available. I have everything I need now.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #55
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I found NHL network a few days ago and to my surprise last night, I saw MLB network was also available. I have everything I need now.

What's your setup? Have you had any issues with lag or anything else with their equipment?
Old 10-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #56
cougarfreak
College Starter

I just checked their website.......no ESPNU or any of the Disney's in HD? That's a big negative for me.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
What's your setup? Have you had any issues with lag or anything else with their equipment?

Two HD/DVR receivers, each control another TV in the house. Never had any issues, I love Dish.

Toon and Nick are in HD, but yeah, wish Disney was.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #58
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone have the Dish Hopper setup yet? I'm thinking about taking the plunge once they work out the kinks.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #59
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Does anyone have the Dish Hopper setup yet? I'm thinking about taking the plunge once they work out the kinks.

No, but I'm like you.. wanting one, but wanted to wait to see if it has issues first.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #60
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Thinking about making the switch from DirectTV to dish. For a year we can save a decent amount of money a month. For some reason directtv stopped given me credits and I'm actually going to cancel the service - no threat this time!!

Any thoughts on this Hopper and or the Sling?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 02-05-2013 at 05:59 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #61
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Thinking about making the switch from DirectTV to dish. For a year we can save a decent amount of money a month. For some reason directtv stopped given me credits and I'm actually going to cancel the service - no threat this time!!

Any thoughts on this Hopper and or the Sling?

I was in the same boat with Direct as you. I didn't trust Dish to keep the programming I wanted, they seem to have more disputes than other carriers. And they didn't have some of the Disney/ABC stuff in HD. So I went back to cable, something I never thought I'd do. Since then, Direct has flooded me with email offers, but I swear I'm not going back. At least for a while.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #62
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
No, but I'm like you.. wanting one, but wanted to wait to see if it has issues first.

My son has had it for quite awhile and loves it. He's had no issues and the menus on the receiver are far superior to my 722-VIP. They're running 4 tvs off of it

I can't remember the particulars of it but I think they wanted to limit the number of tvs he could run off of it(didn't want to let him run all 4 tvs IIRC). He'd looked into it and told them he knew technically they could set it up the way he requested and it would work. Installer told him it wasn't allowed. He said "fine, guess you lose an 8 year customer that pays for your "full package" and he'd be going to DTV. They installed it the way he asked them to
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote