Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #101
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
MiddleGA has bought 40 Radish seeds for 80 gold from your shop at Valera

Thanks for the first sale at my shop. Also, thanks to JAG for pointing the game out. I saw this thread a few weeks back, but just joined last weekend. It's a nice little game that I can run in the background while I'm doing something else.

I'm trying to build a 50 slot farm at my house in Lemo Woods (Dearn island), but my only option is to build a 25 slot. Do I have to build that first and upgrade, or do I have to be a certain level to build the 50 slot one directly?
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #102
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
Thanks for the first sale at my shop.

What can I say, I love a good bargain
What's your user name there? (if you don't mind saying)
Between me & several of the others, we can probably come in handy from time to time.

Quote:
Do I have to build that first and upgrade, or do I have to be a certain level to build the 50 slot one directly?

IIRC, the amount of farmland you can run isn't dictated by level but rather by gold. One of the handiest sites for the game is the only fansite I know of
http://dw-hq.com

There's a good bit of handy information there, including guides to most of the skills, which have more detail than the actual game manual
http://dw-hq.com/index.php?page=farmingguide

My guess is that you were carrying more than 750 gold but less than the 1500 gold needed to build 50 farmland slots.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #103
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

That's the thing. I have 1700 gold, but it doesn't give me the 50 slot option. I saw that guide too, but maybe the game has changed since it was last updated.

I'm Xandreth in the game. I'm primarily a wood cutter (lvl 19), but I'm going to start farming more so that I can fight. I have plenty more radish and beet seeds if you want them. They're pretty much surplus for me since I hope to be farming cabbages and onions by the time that my carrot seeds run out.

Is there an FOFC clan?
Old 03-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #104
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
That's the thing. I have 1700 gold, but it doesn't give me the 50 slot option. I saw that guide too, but maybe the game has changed since it was last updated.

Hmm ... Maybe one of the other FOFC'ers can explain it. Maybe it is sequential & I just don't remember it right now. Later in the day I'll swing by one of my houses that don't have farmland yet & see what options I get.

Quote:
Is there an FOFC clan?

Not an official (or even semi-official) one AFAIK. At least two clans - "ohno" and "tTm" - have FOFC'ers in them (although I'm not sure how many in the latter other than BossHoggJR are still active).
Old 03-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #105
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

I looked at the forum, and it seems that those prices are for upgrades. There doesn't appear to be any way to buy larger farms without upgrading.

I guess I'll start the 25 slot one and hope my house in Valera sells soon so that I can upgrade it.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #106
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just a random question that I'll ask here, since the mods at Syrnia seem to have forgotten to take their Pamprin today: is there anybody "in charge" (and I use the term very loosely) over there who could actually manage to run a hot knife through warm butter, much less be capable of running a damned online game for 2000 players?

Jiminy friggin Cricket, that's as piss poor a group of brain damaged powertrippers as I can recall seeing assembled in any one place in my entire time online. It's worse than the group once assembled at the ITSC wrestling forum (a sad state of affairs at its worst, which I can say with confidence since I was one of them).

And, while I'm blasting on the subject anyway, what an absolute friggin' joke that someone who is clanmates with the biggest crook in the history of the game has the audacity to complain about anybody working along the margins of the rules.

And, since I'm already on a roll here, how funny is it that Charos post appears to be the last line in the chat history before the chat apparently crashed? I may have very little patience for him personally, but that's still been quite amusing to me tonight.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Will someone who knows HoldenCaul please help him remove the bug from his ass?

I don't really give a damn if he's got 20 million XP or 200 million, bitching over an occasional travel-by-pickpocket attempt is just fucking stupid. And even moreso when there usually occur when he's the only other person in a location, it's not like there's a wealth of targets.

If sending me a bitchy little email, when he knows full damned well I mean no harm at all, is the normal behavior, it's no friggin' wonder people are taking shots at your clan.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-05-2007 at 09:16 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #108
JHandley
High School Varsity

JiMG, I just replied to you. It wasn't bitching, it was a failed attempt at humor. I should have stuck a few smilies in there to better express it. Like I said in the message, it really isn't a big deal at all and in fact, I get a little chuckle out of each one.

As for people taking shots at our clan, the response is soon in coming. JAG is wrapping it up right now, in between diaper changes of his new little girl. The problem was that he still has the MSN chat logs of conversations he had with Namrog. It took quite a while to go through each one of her baseless accusations and back it up with actual proof.

Again, I apologize for coming off like a whiney bitch.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #109
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
JiMG, I just replied to you. It wasn't bitching, it was a failed attempt at humor. I should have stuck a few smilies in there to better express it. Like I said in the message, it really isn't a big deal at all and in fact, I get a little chuckle out of each one. ... Again, I apologize for coming off like a whiney bitch.

Fair is fair, I'm going post here the same reply I just sent you in-game.

Yeah, that one waaaaaaay missed the humor mark.

Granted, I had also literally just sat down at the comp after spending a total of 45 minutes in three different fast-food lines ... and yet STILL didn't have a single thing in my own order correct.

Having been quite sincerely within inches of committing at least a pair of extremely violent felonies less than 10 minutes prior to seeing your message probably didn't help my humor/sarcasm detector one bit.

Sorry I went just a bit gonzo about your message, hopefully the reason I didn't react well is more understandable now.

And meanwhile, I'm very happy those logs were kept. It's just the sort of thing I was alluding to when I asked Syrnia's answer to Buckcherry's song inspiration () if she had any proof. Notice how she's managed to completely avoid answering that question?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #110
JHandley
High School Varsity

Ryno:

Yeah, you have to upgrade your farms sequentually. Also, there isn't really an FOFC clan, but OhNo does have several FOFC'ers. We work very closely with tTm. That said, we also have quite a few people who are basically in the clan without being in the clan. In syrnia, there's really no benefit at all to being in a clan. One of the things that draws people in is the ability to play it solo.

We are all still on the Omerta IRC server, so if you send me a message ingame, I'll get you info on how to join us there. My ingame is HoldenCaul.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #111
JHandley
High School Varsity

Yeah, that gets pointed out in the response. Just to give you a taste and because it shows what a true loon she really is:

Namrog Memory: "JAG contacted me and asked me to mine ore for him so he could

pass Manda in smithing experience."

Reality: first contact with Namrog was on November 12th, 2005. JAG overtook manda for the #1 smith position on November 16th, 2005. She did not begin mining past lvl 25 until Feb. 2006
Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #112
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that gets pointed out in the response.

re: the full response

All I can say is "but other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
Talk about pwnd, sheesh.

And now, let's see if I can predict some of the follow ups (in no particular order)
-- Namrog splutters through several increasingly unintelligible posts
-- at least 2 people ostensibly unrelated to the situation will suddenly complain that this all became public & should have been handled privately (even though they had no such objection before the complaints was shredded point by point)
-- at least one known anti-ohno person will chime in
-- at least one member of exro will say something stupid
-- at least one person will play the "can't we all just get along" card
-- and while I'll stop short of outright predicting it, a part of me will expect redwing to complain about someone posting something that wasn't all hearts & flowers
Old 04-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #113
JHandley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
-- and while I'll stop short of outright predicting it, a part of me will expect redwing to complain about someone posting something that wasn't all hearts & flowers

I predict both of these things will happen at the same time.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #114
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I had a real LOL at that.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #115
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah, I don't see much of a need for a clan anymore either. At the time, I was trying to figure out what kind of skills I should develop. I thought maybe if there was a clan, and they needed a woodcutter, that I could do that.

Right now, I woodcut and farm when I'm not fighting and that's working out pretty well. I've been mining to try to get an Amber gem for the Bluebell 2 mission, but I think that I'll just trade for one and continue woodcutting.

Here are my current stats:

SkillLevelExpNext level
Smithing310030
Mining1266801399
Cooking546374
Fishing71111361
Constructing1033251172
Trading1032211276
Thieving310129
Strength7922550
Health92975244
Defence103806691
Attack1032311266
Woodcutting261012133677
Speed20413442096
Magic1111
Farming115445656

You have been playing Syrnia for 309 hours and 35 minutes.
You joined syrnia 26 days ago, you were player number 67332.
You have killed 854 monsters/creatures, and 0 players.
You have been killed 0 times by a monster/creature, and 0 times by another player.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #116
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As of 03/11/07
You have been playing Syrnia for 5682 hours and 10 minutes.
You joined syrnia 506 days ago, you were player number 16400.
Kills
You have killed 31960 monsters/creatures,and 0 players.
You have been killed 1 times by a monster/creature, and 0 times by another player.

Code:
Skill Rank Level Smithing(+0) 41 36 Mining(+1) 102 46 Cooking(+1) 68 35 Fishing(+6) 113 41 Construct.(+2) 82 21 Trading(+5) 79 19 Thieving(-3) 190 13 Strength(-2) 113 26 Health(+20) 107 26 Defence(+2) 98 27 Attack(-1) 131 26 Woodcutting(-1) 97 45 Speed(-1) 15 39 Magic(+0) 41 12 Farming(-1) 23 32 Level(+3) 119 31 Total Skil(-2) 54 443

As of 04/08/07
You have been playing Syrnia for 6104 hours and 15 minutes.
You joined syrnia 534 days ago, you were player number 16400.
Kills
You have killed 34096 monsters/creatures,and 0 players.
You have been killed 1 times by a monster/creature, and 0 times by another player.

Code:
Skill Rank Level Smithing(-1) 42 36 Mining(-9) 111 46 Cooking(+5) 63 37 Fishing(+8) 105 43 Construct.(-2) 84 21 Trading(-2) 81 19 Thieving(-3) 193 13 Strength(+18) 95 28 Health(+13) 94 26 Defence(-2) 100 28 Attack(+5) 126 27 Woodcutting(+0) 97 46 Speed(+1) 14 40 Magic(-3) 44 12 Farming(+1) 22 33 Level(+5) 114 32 Total Skill(+4) 50 455
Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #117
JHandley
High School Varsity

Quote:
-- Namrog splutters through several increasingly unintelligible posts

One down.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #118
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Do pirate invasions occur any more? If so, do I have to be in chat to find out about them?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #119
JHandley
High School Varsity

Yes and yes. I haven't been paying attention much to Syrnia, but there will always be pirate invasions because that's the only way the pirates can get back to Skull Island if they go to Remer.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #120
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Cool, thanks. I've been playing for nearly 3 months and haven't stumbled on to one. I guess I'll have to have chat on more often.

I'm tired of fighting bears, etc and I died the last time that I went to Ogre through the Outlands. I'm going to move to Penteza forest in a few weeks, but I need 1 more level in woodcutting and 6 more in cooking before I go.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #121
JHandley
High School Varsity

Next time you cross the Outlands, just let me know and I'll clear your path.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #122
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

I appreciate the offer, but the guy who killed me was koolkitty7272, and he's about as high as they go as a fighter. I knew the dangers going in, but thought I could move through there fast enough. It couldn't have been more than two seconds between the time I entered the OL, and when I was back in Sanfew.

Just to be safe, I think I'm going teleport to Penteza once I'm ready, and stay on Elven Island or in Ogre Cave unless I absolutely have to go somewhere else. Between wood cutting and fighting, I should be good there for quite a while.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #123
JHandley
High School Varsity

Heh. I'm HoldenCaul. I've got a little over 4.2MM combat XP over KK. I've got 2.8MM XP over second place in combat and that's only because I've stopped training combat until someone else comes close to me in it.

Trust me, I'll clear your path
Old 06-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #124
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Trust me, I'll clear your path

The path in front would virtually certainly be clear ... just make sure somebody goes behind & removes the corpses, debris, etc.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #125
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Gotcha. For some reason, I thought you were Tooleman. He is also quite high, but not as much as you or KK. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #126
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Is Syrnia still a thing with FOFC at all? Going to give it a go again, I'm "vexroid".
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #127
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Long gone & done with me, although I do log in every six months just to keep the account from dying.

I've got a fair shit ton of stuff stored (IIRC), PM me sometime next week & we'll see if we can figure out how to get of it into your hands (if that's of any value to you) without the hassle of doing an OL drop trade. I haven't played in so long I can't even what works, just trading post straight trade I think would do it.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #128
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Long gone & done with me, although I do log in every six months just to keep the account from dying.

I've got a fair shit ton of stuff stored (IIRC), PM me sometime next week & we'll see if we can figure out how to get of it into your hands (if that's of any value to you) without the hassle of doing an OL drop trade. I haven't played in so long I can't even what works, just trading post straight trade I think would do it.

Sounds great, thanks.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #129
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

I'm trying it out as well. Name is mrkilla22.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote