Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2015, 04:15 AM   #1
ferynn
n00b

2014 Roster + 2015&2016 Draft Classes

Hi all,

EDIT3 : (11thFeb) Here is the latest version of the 2016 draft file, updated to represent what happened during the 2015 college football season. This version has 730 players (+ 70 fillers to reach the 800-limit). I tried to be as thorough as possible, but there might be a few mistakes here and there. Don't hesitate to flag them and I'll try to correct them. The grades should represent what draftniks think about players right now, pre-combine.
One last thing, did a few trials with scouting accuracy of 45, and let me tell you, scouting is hard like in real life ^^
Have fun fellow GMs !!

EDIT4 : Well guys, big news (or at least I'd like to think so). Here are the draft files for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 season ! Prospects names, colleges, and positional rankings should all be accurate. I hope you'll exjoy them, it took me a good chunk of my last few weeks.

Ferynn
Attached Files
File Type: zip NexFilesv2.zip (149.7 KB, 1133 views)
File Type: zip Draftfiles.zip (132.8 KB, 681 views)

Last edited by ferynn : 03-04-2016 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Update
ferynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
antdroid
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferynn View Post
Hi all,

I recently discovered FOF7 and found it was an amazing game. After a few weeks playing I spotted problems with existing rosters like players getting waived when they were good starters in 2014 IRL. And while I was at it, I attempted to create the 2015 draft class and hopefully it will reflect nicely what has been happening in the 2014 college season + the draft process.

Anyways, hope you guys can give it a go and enjoy these. Feel free to comment, it is always a pleasure to try and improve the current work.

Some comments on the files:
The roster has 2107 real-life players with an exponential distribution of overall grades. Haven't touched to the contracts for fear to mess with in-game cap too much.
The draft class had 802 players. Once again, the grading is pretty exponential, but let's keep in mind that the randomness in game is what makes things interesting and...well, random I started 5 different seasons and had encouraging results when it comes to sticking to real-life expectations, with a few surprises as well. So pretty much what I was hoping for.

Cheers,

Ferynn

I'm glad to see this is finally out with all your hard work on this! I'll try this out this week!
antdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
ferynn
n00b

Hi guys,

A quick EDIT: I tweaked a few things in the files, and I created the 2016 draft class as well. It will be less detailed than the 2015 one, but because we are missing a lot of info as it is still quite early.

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy !! Please comment as I always welcome (constructive) opinions and ideas.

Last edited by ferynn : 06-14-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Cydver
n00b

Hey man, this is awesome work and remarkably accurate, but I noticed that the 2015 draft class is a year younger than it should be across the board. Any chance you could share the csv so I can change the birthdates? I'd also like to ensure that Amari Cooper is the #1 receiver in the class, sometimes he gets shafted way below a bunch of average guys.

Last edited by Cydver : 06-21-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Cydver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #5
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydver View Post
Hey man, this is awesome work and remarkably accurate, but I noticed that the 2015 draft class is a year younger than it should be across the board. Any chance you could share the csv so I can change the birthdates?

You're very welcome. I must say that I have been pretty underwhelmed by the reaction (or lack thereof) to these files. ANy feedback, positive or negative regardless, is always appreciated when one puts time and effort into something. But yeah, thanks for that
I checked and you're right. In-game they are all one year younger. The problem does not come from the csv file though, as my YoB (which is the only thing you can set) are accurate (for most prospects). The problem I think comes from the fact that FoF7 worked as a 2013 season update, so there must be a kind of offset when translating that into a draft file. Since when you create a roster file the default starting year is 2013 unless you change it, I am pretty sure it comes from something similar.
BUT, with that being said, I will modify the YoB in the files for the 2015 and 2016 classes and repost them tonight (GMT).

Quote:
I'd also like to ensure that Amari Cooper is the #1 receiver in the class, sometimes he gets shafted way below a bunch of average guys.
Yeah, and that's the whole point of the randomness of the ratings, as well as how good your scouting team is. I tried 10 different imports, and I have seen such things A LOT, which is ultimately good. It doesn't allow you to know in advance if the prospect is a sure thing or not. And this gives a HUGE replay ability to the different careers you start. For example, over these 10 test runs, I've seen Mariota be the #1 overall prospect&pick, to being the 2nd QB drafted behind Winston in the 1st round, to being the 4th QB prospect. In the career I'm currently running, Winston got drafted 4th OVR, and then NO quarterback taken before Mariota in THE 4TH ROUND. Yes it looks odd, but remember: the 2014 college season happened a certain way IRL, but in-game, it is a clean state. I know it might be difficult to accept though, but trust me, 95% of times, Cooper is a pretty nice receiver

I hope this answers your questions. I'm glad you enjoyed the files, let me know how it went 2 to 5 years into the sim

On a more general note, I tweaked the files a bit, because the overall talent level between the 2015 and 2016 classes was too big. Added a few players here and there as well. Anyways, as I said above, will post the new files either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Old 06-22-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
Cydver
n00b

All fair points! I'll be holding off on resuming my game until these draft files are up. I probably won't be able to tell you how they look in 5 seasons or so though, as I play pretty slowly, week-to-week.

As for the lack of responses, I'd guess many users here simply prefer playing with randomized draft classes, which are pretty cool; my OCD, however, dictates that I try to have realistic classes to help with immersion.

Thank you for this, your hard work is definitely appreciated by at least one user here!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
WSoxfan86
n00b

I don't have any specific feedback regarding the 2015 class, but it seemed to be a very weak class for me-I don't think there was a non-kicker who had a future rating higher than 65. I'm not sure if this was due to bad luck or not, just my 2 cents
WSoxfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #8
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSoxfan86 View Post
I don't have any specific feedback regarding the 2015 class, but it seemed to be a very weak class for me-I don't think there was a non-kicker who had a future rating higher than 65. I'm not sure if this was due to bad luck or not, just my 2 cents

I definitely agree. After a few trials I realized it. It should be fixed in my next version. To a certain extent though. As I said before, don't expect to get rookies that storm the league 1st year in, bar seldom examples. That would just be unrealistic (at least according to me). Same for the 2016 class.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 PM   #9
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Anyways, as I said above, will post the new files either tonight or tomorrow.

Done
Old 06-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #10
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
You're very welcome. I must say that I have been pretty underwhelmed by the reaction (or lack thereof) to these files. ANy feedback, positive or negative regardless, is always appreciated when one puts time and effort into something. But yeah, thanks for that

I'm sure you've done a great job, but most of us who frequent FOFC are mp players who only really bother with fictional players.

So, in that regard, we have little to no interest in draft classes and/or historical files.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #11
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
I'm sure you've done a great job, but most of us who frequent FOFC are mp players who only really bother with fictional players.
I'm not sure the "most" is 100% true there about MP.

However, I *do* believe that most SP players also don't use historical draft classes for more than one career if at all. I'm fairly certain that I'm in the top 1-2% in FOF history in terms of "SP Seasons Played," and I've *never* used a historical (or next-year) draft class.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #12
clist123abc
n00b

Hi, I would like to try the roster update but i'm not sure how to do it. Do i unzip it in a specific folder or create a new one? Any instructions would be helpful.
clist123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
bluewave
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clist123abc View Post
Hi, I would like to try the roster update but i'm not sure how to do it. Do i unzip it in a specific folder or create a new one? Any instructions would be helpful.

Just unzip the file anywhere you like. When you start a new game, select "Yes" to Begin game using alternate player file. Then when you hit OK to start the new game, you'll be given the option to navigate to your unzipped roster file, which would be Roster3.0.fdt in this case.

Hope that helps.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #14
clist123abc
n00b

Thank you! I did this and the game started in the 13/14 season pre season. Is this supposed to happen? Was i wrong to think that the season would start before the 2015 amateur draft?
clist123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #15
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm a seasonal player.. so I'll check this out once football starts IRL.

Thanks though.. can't wait to try it out!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:58 AM   #16
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
Just unzip the file anywhere you like. When you start a new game, select "Yes" to Begin game using alternate player file. Then when you hit OK to start the new game, you'll be given the option to navigate to your unzipped roster file, which would be Roster3.0.fdt in this case.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for explaining that Bluewave. Didn't see this post until this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clist123abc View Post
Thank you! I did this and the game started in the 13/14 season pre season. Is this supposed to happen? Was i wrong to think that the season would start before the 2015 amateur draft?

In the latest FOF7, you will start right at the beginning of last year's preseason, so namely August 2014. You'll have to play through the 2014 season and then will start Free Agency and the 2015 Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm a seasonal player.. so I'll check this out once football starts IRL.

Thanks though.. can't wait to try it out!

Cheers Mate. Hope you'll have fun doing so.

Last edited by ferynn : 06-28-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #17
Cydver
n00b

This is fantastic ferynn, the latest update makes things so much closer to real life! Winston and Mariota went in the top 10, Cooper was the best WR, Gurley and Gordon were top talents...you get the idea. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #18
Thul
n00b

Just downloaded your draft files. Thanks for putting it together!

Last edited by Thul : 07-03-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Thul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #19
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thul View Post
Just downloaded your draft files. Thanks for putting it together!

You're welcome. I hope you'll have fun with it !

Quote:
This is fantastic ferynn, the latest update makes things so much closer to real life! Winston and Mariota went in the top 10, Cooper was the best WR, Gurley and Gordon were top talents...you get the idea. Thank you!

Eh Told you it would work out in the end. Hope you'll enjoy your GM stint !

Last edited by ferynn : 07-04-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #20
freddylamar
n00b

Thank you!
freddylamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #21
Absed
n00b

Would it be possible to get the .csv file for the rosters? I'd like to make some of my own tweaks just for personal use and use your fantastic update as the base for this.
Absed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #22
McMahonsSunglasses
n00b

Thanks for posting this! I just discovered this game and addicted already. Canceled plans for after work to play haha

Do you have a 2014 draft file ?
McMahonsSunglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #23
ferynn
n00b

Hi guys,

After a few weeks of work, I'm glad to present the latet version of the 2016 draft file

I'll update the first post, you'll find some thoughts there.

Hope you enjoy it,

Ferynn
Old 02-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #24
balldoktor81
n00b

where do i have to place these files...? the roster can be loaded from anywhere, but what's up with the draft files?
balldoktor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #25
balldoktor81
n00b

ok, now i know how. import draft just before entering FA...
balldoktor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #26
ferynn
n00b

Little update for you guys. See first post
Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #27
OhnoesFroz
n00b

Really appreciate these. Thanks so much.
OhnoesFroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #28
Lizard
n00b

Which folder do i put these in in the game.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:26 AM   #29
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Which folder do i put these in in the game.

You don't. Unzip the files somewhere, then during off season an option "Import Draft Class" will show up. Go for it, and pick the right file for the year you're about to go into (if you have the latest release of FOF7, you'd go for the 2016 file, this year's IRL). It will import that .faf file into your game. You can then roll with it.

Have fun.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #30
iBomb1st
n00b

This is AMAZING! Thank you so much!
iBomb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #31
perez24
Mascot

Thanks for all your effort. I know I couldn't do it!
perez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #32
LondonSmith
n00b

Do we have the full 16-17 rosters yet or no?
LondonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #33
Tures
n00b

Used your 2016 draft files on my playthrough and by now they're all retired. I must say this draft class was really really good in terms of player quality. A lot of them were rated 50+ which lead to me forfeiting my first and second round picks for a bunch of late picks.This strategy worked out well, as you can see...

Ignore the cheesy nickname, I thought it was quite funny he played with #7 and it sounds similar to pick6

Last edited by Tures : 11-07-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Tures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:36 AM   #34
aerolol
n00b

I really appreciate this, ferynn! Thanks for the work! Have been looking for the 15 and 16 draft, can't wait to get home and try it out. Got FOF7 about a year ago, and have almost not touched it a long while. This got me super interested again.
aerolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #35
teeteegardner
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tures View Post
Used your 2016 draft files on my playthrough and by now they're all retired. I must say this draft class was really really good in terms of player quality. A lot of them were rated 50+ which lead to me forfeiting my first and second round picks for a bunch of late picks.This strategy worked out well, as you can see...

Ignore the cheesy nickname, I thought it was quite funny he played with #7 and it sounds similar to pick6
can you point me in the right direction for that logo set? i cant seem to find it on here with the link provided. would help some of us out also prob. looking for these
teeteegardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #36
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Are these files working for FOF8??
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:45 AM   #37
beauforsure
n00b

can someone re-upload the 14-15 draft files? im missing both of those.
beauforsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #38
GuySmiley316
n00b

Doesn't seem like the links to the attachments are working anymore. Can someone post these files in a location where they can be accessed?
GuySmiley316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:41 PM   #39
Dragonpit5
n00b

@ferynn I apologize if you already answered, but are the draft files you created still available for FOF8 v 8.3? I am new to the game and this forum (which I really appreciate the dedication to the game by all members)

Would be great to get these files if still available???
Thanks
Dragonpit5 is offline   Reply With Quote