Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #751
hoopsguy
General Manager

There is a restlessness in the air this evening, knowing that the twin forces of the Rebellion and Galactus both are working towards your doom. Some of you take furtive actions to help stem the tide, but none are able to save Dr. Strange. The 4th Prelate is nowhere to be found, although the scientists are eventually able to cobble together a device that leads you to his liquified remains.

Dr. Strange was a villager.

JeanGrey moves up to the 4th Prelate spot and there is a vacancy for the 5th Prelate role.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #752
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Moderators: So damage incurred on missions will not be shown in the end of day damage results?

I want to double bold not there.

If it is then maybe Colossus and the Human Torch can inform us whether they suffered injury on the missions. If it isn't then how did Colossus get injured and how did the Human Torch suffer so much damage.

I suffered no damage on the mission. If the Samurai can be believed (and that should be evaluated), Colossus hit me big. I'd like an explanation for that since it seems odd to go so strong on Day 1.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 AM   #753
Mimic
High School JV

Stephen Strange was among the most powerful of the being assembled. This does not bode well for the disciples of Apocalypse.

I am not sure if being a member of the Brotherhood will do any good at this point. I think that a new group needs to be assembled and the Prelates need to coordinate their actions. In that respect, I ask all Prelates to join me and of course Apocalypse is welcome as well. As far as I remember, I was the only one to order anyone to a mission. The other Prelates could've ordered a guard action last night. Just because you join this group doesn't mean that you can't lead a mission on Galactus, etc.

[b]LEAVE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
FORM PRELATES OF APOCALYPSE

INVITE SILVER SURFER
INVITE JEAN GREY
INVITE KANG THE CONQUEROR
INVITE APOCALYPSE[b]
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #754
Mimic
High School JV

LEAVE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
FORM PRELATES OF APOCALYPSE

INVITE SILVER SURFER
INVITE JEAN GREY
INVITE KANG THE CONQUEROR
INVITE APOCALYPSE
Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #755
EmmaFrost
Mascot

A logical choice for the rebels to target given Dr Strange's power and his position in the ruling heirachy.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #756
Mimic
High School JV

As the most cleared person in our game, I nominate Magneto to become the 5th Prelate. This isn't to say that he is totally cleared, but he is probably the most cleared due to his actions yesterday on the Mutant Mission.

VOTE MAGNETO FOR 5TH PRELATE
Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #757
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

This is most disturbing. While Strange insisted on calling himself Sorceror Supreme despite my clear dominance in sorcery, he did aid me once in a grave personal matter. Doom is now more determined to destroy these traitors.

I will retire to my computer to calculate the likelihood of treason among each of us.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #758
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I suffered no damage on the mission. If the Samurai can be believed (and that should be evaluated), Colossus hit me big. I'd like an explanation for that since it seems odd to go so strong on Day 1.

In which case we need to hear from Colossus concerning the injuries you suffered and how he was damaged himself.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #759
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
As the most cleared person in our game, I nominate Magneto to become the 5th Prelate. This isn't to say that he is totally cleared, but he is probably the most cleared due to his actions yesterday on the Mutant Mission.

VOTE MAGNETO FOR 5TH PRELATE
I would not presume to inform our leader about how he might best fill the prelate position.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #760
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
In which case we need to hear from Colossus concerning the injuries you suffered and how he was damaged himself.

I'm assuming, which I know can be dangerous in these games, that Colossus likely found himself at the end of some sort of defense at the hands of the Zippo. I think the power of this attack is probably the most intriguing place to start today.

Do we have to vote on the prelate or is it just dictated by Apocalypse?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #761
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I answered it for myself. Apocalypse does dictate the next prelate so I will certainly leave that to him.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #762
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
- In the event that a Prelate is killed, all eligible Prelates move up one rank and Apocalypse assigns a new Prelate. No new Prelates are assigned after the death of Apocalypse

It seems it is at the sole discretion of our master. I am sure we are allowed to voice our own opinions on the matter but the ultimate decision lies with Apocalypse.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #763
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I would hear from Colossus of the power of his attack, as this punishing damage done to the Human Torch smells of infamy. Perhaps his power cannot be tamed, in which case we must aim our attacks wisely. Or perhaps he or the samurai took advantage of the confusion.

Next on my list of suspects are those who piled on to attack Iron Fist. While Doom knows not of his innocence or guilt, it would be to the rebel's advantage to add another punch into the fray.

Lastly there are those who did not join a mission. The killer of Dr. Strange must have come from these, no? I can vouch for my absence on affairs of Apocalypse. What of the rest?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #764
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:

Is it possible that one of his "power attacks" either comes with a kick-back, or draws lifeforce to inflict extra damage?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #765
hoopsguy
General Manager

The forces of Apocalypse are gathered into a large meeting chamber at the start of the day. Mr. Sinister addresses the throng.

"The EurAsia forces have designed a 'peace keeping' solution that they are calling 'Sentinels' to defend their borders. These Sentinels are enlarged robots who maintain complex databases on each of us, and they are programmed to kill us on site. As a strictly defensive measure, this is not acceptable. It could be considerably worse if they were to launch these monstrosities against us directly. We will strike now, before the project is completed. Beware intervention from the rebellion, who may seek to use this distraction to keep us from rooting out their numbers."

Deadline for this mission is 3:30 PM CST.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #766
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I would not presume to inform our leader about how he might best fill the prelate position.
I do not presume to tell him anything. I simply nominated an individual whom I think would provide great power as a Prelate.

On a different note, I have a surefire way to defeat Galactus, but I will need your assistance. I was in the process of sending you a PM when I remembered that I can no longer do that since I left the Brotherhood. I ask that all Prelates join the Prelates of Apocalypse so that we may coordinate our efforts.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #767
hoopsguy
General Manager

An additional administrative note - if you are spending one energy on a standard attack, Mission, or Galactus you do not need to send a PM. It is assumed. Just trying to save everyone a little time and space in the PM Inbox
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #768
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
In addition to the Standard Attack/Defense powers, a player may exercise one, and only one, of the following actions over the course of the day/night cycle:
- Special Attack/Ability: every player has at least one option that falls under this category.

Once a player has committed to one of these four actions they become ineligible for the other three. So if a player is participating in a mission they are not eligible for guard actions, Galactus actions, or using a Special Attack/Ability.

Many characters will have powers that can be used during the Night Cycle. This includes the "minority" force, who have the option to execute a night kill during this phase. Note that the night kills take energy, just like any other activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Lastly there are those who did not join a mission. The killer of Dr. Strange must have come from these, no? I can vouch for my absence on affairs of Apocalypse. What of the rest?

The instructions provided to us do seem to indicate this but are not completely clear. If the traitors ability to kill does count as a Special Ability then this seems to be the case. However if this is the case what is to prevent everyone commiting to the Galactus Mission, thus staving off the ability of the traitors to target our numbers at night. Admittedly this also means that none of our numbers would be able to expend themselves searching for traitors but that seems a price worth paying if they are not able to attack us at night. I presume that this cannot be the case
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #769
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I am a loyal subject of Apocalypse and would not kill a fellow Prelate.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #770
hoopsguy
General Manager

"Night kill" is not considered a special ability for many of the reasons outlined above.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #771
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Your answer seems wise, Ms. Frost. If not through this, what other methods do we have for rooting out the traitors? It is clear that their attacks require energy but it would be surpassingly difficult to track the energy spent by each of us. What indicators would there be? Low energy use on missions, if that can be determined, Doom thinks.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #772
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
The forces of Apocalypse are gathered into a large meeting chamber at the start of the day. Mr. Sinister addresses the throng.

"The EurAsia forces have designed a 'peace keeping' solution that they are calling 'Sentinels' to defend their borders. These Sentinels are enlarged robots who maintain complex databases on each of us, and they are programmed to kill us on site. As a strictly defensive measure, this is not acceptable. It could be considerably worse if they were to launch these monstrosities against us directly. We will strike now, before the project is completed. Beware intervention from the rebellion, who may seek to use this distraction to keep us from rooting out their numbers."

I fear my powers are not suited to this mission, involving as it does, mindless autonotoms. It would seem this mission is best suited to the heavy hitters in our group, although some telepathis assistance may be required should the rebels seek to hinder the mission's progress through that channel. Following the failure of the previous mission and the consequent benefit to the rebellion I suggest that this mission should take priority over the mission to stave off Galactus on this day.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #773
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
While it is true that ultimately we must stop the Eater of Worlds I question anyone who seeks to influence people onto a mission when their talents may be better deployed routing out the traitors. You appear to be taking a very active role in attempting to organise this mission, Vision. I find this of interest considering the fact that the traitors would be very happy if the majority of our resources were spent hindering Galactacus. The benefit for them is twofold as they are just as eager to stop him while it also provides them with a free hand in their attempt to seize power.

Ms. Frost, I see that the smallest seed of suspicion has taken root and flowered. I do not reciprocate that distrust toward you, so in the interest of our future cooperation, please allow me to sum up my reasoning:
  • We are faced with three dilemmas - finding the traitors, completing the missions, and driving off the galactic invader.
  • Our lord Apocalypse cannot triumph should we allow any of these goals to not be met.
  • We thirty are not equals, in durability, intellect, nor force projection.
  • Therefore it stands that we must use our unique abilities wisely.
We have already seen ostensibly willing participants have no apparent impact on their goal - Gambit, Spiderman, Quicksilver spring to mind. Meanwhile Magneto, Silver Surfer, Kang, and Mr. Fantastic appeared to use their abilities to great effect.

Now, I have found myself surprised to learn that I was of minimal assistance facing down Galactus, though I had believed that would be where my talents lie.

So, in effect, Emma, I am begging off the Galactus portion of our assignment, but I am suggesting that Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and I be replaced by others more suited to the task.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #774
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Your answer seems wise, Ms. Frost. If not through this, what other methods do we have for rooting out the traitors? It is clear that their attacks require energy but it would be surpassingly difficult to track the energy spent by each of us. What indicators would there be? Low energy use on missions, if that can be determined, Doom thinks.

I was looking for signs of lack of commitment to the cause of the mission yesterday but saw none. As noted neither Quicksilver nor Gambit (nor Beast for that matter) seemed to have a noticeable effect on the mission but that could be as a result of their unsuitability for the task or for any other reason. I can also not rule out the possibility that a traitor appeared to be helping us, whilst plotting against us during the mission.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #775
SilverSamurai
n00b

In case I cannot check in, I will also put forth my attack for the day.

STANDARD ATTACK COLOSSUS

I have not gone full with this attack at all, but I think he used far too strong an attack on the Human Torch, so he is my target today.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #776
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I read up about Apocalypse, and it would seem that my "attack" would have almost pleased him, since he doesn't like lackey's that show weakness. I even read that he was happy one time that Archangel opposed Apocalypse, although he warned not to do it again. Not only that, but what would Hulk do? WWHD.

Presuming this is your Banner persona I address , it seems strange that you would attack the only person we know for sure cannot be a traitor. While this might have been the lashings out of the wild savage we cannot discount the possibility that the attack was more measured than so and you now seek to disguise the fact.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #777
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I read up about Apocalypse, and it would seem that my "attack" would have almost pleased him, since he doesn't like lackey's that show weakness. I even read that he was happy one time that Archangel opposed Apocalypse, although he warned not to do it again. Not only that, but what would Hulk do? WWHD.

Presuming this is your Banner persona I address (ie , it seems strange that you would attack the only person we know for sure cannot be a traitor. While this might have been the lashings out of the wild savage we cannot discount the possibility that the attack was more measured than so and you now seek to disguise the fact.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #778
EmmaFrost
Mascot

[ ooc - oops! Premature hitting of reply there ]

ie don't hit me, my face is too pretty to be smashed by the Hulk.

[ ooc - that last bit was definitely in character. My actual face might actual benefit from a judicious piece of re-arrangement ]
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #779
Cable
Mascot

I offer my services towards the Sentinel mission today. I do not think my abilities would be helpful in dealing with the World Killer Galactus.

If a Prelate or his greatness Apolcolypse wishes, I will do whatever I can to ensure the success of today's mission.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #780
EmmaFrost
Mascot

If there are doubts as to whether you will be able to commit later I would commit now rather than awaiting the orders of the ruling council.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #781
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post

I may have missed something in all the excitement, but I wonder if you can support this statement.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #782
Quicksilver
n00b

The thought is that he held together the ship on the last mission. And therefore he must be good.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #783
HumanTorch
n00b

I may have to carefully consider the missions today. After rough treatment last night, I might need to rest up today.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #784
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
The thought is that he held together the ship on the last mission. And therefore he must be good.

What would have been the consequences of not holding the ship together? Surely preventing one's own death doesn't necessarily make one good?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #785
Cable
Mascot

CABLE COMMITS TO THE SENTINEL MISSION TODAY
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #786
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
I would choose between Dr. Doom and Iron Fist, had I no self will, meekly the following path tread by others.

I, however, do.

ATTACK THE HUMAN TORCH

My reasons are my own. Sayonara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Perhaps I am confused, and Lord Apocalypse please correct me if I am mistaken, but the generic attacks, in my understanding, were for those who had not yet expended any points and needed to spend at least 1 point to get their full 4 eps overnight.

If this is in fact the case I will revoke my attack on Human Torch. If it is not, then I have to ponder the wisdom of such a command my lord, for surely it is folly to weaken our forces.

It seems Colossus is implying that he judged his attack to be the normal. Silver Samurai has also stated that he considered his attack normal. Were it not for the fact that Colossus suffered damage I would consider Silver Samurai, given his actions so far, far more deserving of suspicion. But there remains the possibility that Colossus over-powered his attack, thus injuring himself. I can think of several possible scenarios to explain this but would like to hear Colossus' explanation first.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #787
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I will happily make myself available to once again go on a mission if our ruling class sees that it is important for me to be out there. I do feel it is important though to allow the opportunity for others to prove their worth that did not do so yesterday, as that is one of the very few points of data that we have thus far to go on regarding people.

I will be unavailable much of today as I have other pressing matters, but I will be sure to be back to check and see if the consensus is that I am in fact needed one one mission or the other. Otherwise I plan on spending that time and energy on some research that I hope to prove fruitful at a later point.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #788
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
What would have been the consequences of not holding the ship together? Surely preventing one's own death doesn't necessarily make one good?

Exactly my thoughts.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #789
Quicksilver
n00b

I am available for either mission that I am chosen for. I await my lords command.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #790
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
While it is true that ultimately we must stop the Eater of Worlds I question anyone who seeks to influence people onto a mission when their talents may be better deployed routing out the traitors. You appear to be taking a very active role in attempting to organise this mission, Vision. I find this of interest considering the fact that the traitors would be very happy if the majority of our resources were spent hindering Galactacus. The benefit for them is twofold as they are just as eager to stop him while it also provides them with a free hand in their attempt to seize power.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm all for helping out with Galactus (I seemed to hit him pretty well for 4 energy spent) but if we just focus on Galactus, we'll likely lose this game.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #791
JeanGrey
Mascot

I would encourage our heavy hitters, plus those like Dr Doom, to participate in today's mission. Remember I think we need a substantial show of force AND energy to avert yesterday's failure. I, alas, do not have the right skills for this mission.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #792
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Now we are presented with a mission on which the Vision might show his worth.

JOIN SENTINEL MISSION
Old 10-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #793
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I would assume that Magneto's performance in the mission reflects how much energy he directed toward it. Those who spend a small amount of energy on the mission are more likely to fail in their role. It does not say much but it suggests to Doom that Magneto perhaps expended more energy than required on the mission, investing in its success. Others who fail at their tasks may be suspect of having put the minimal energy towards it.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #794
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Alas, Ms. Grey, Dr. Doom must spend my action today rebuilding my armor, or lay defenseless tonight. As Doom spoke earlier, I will commit to either mission tomorrow on Day Three once I am ready again for combat.

This shows that indiscriminate attacks are only of aid to the rebels. I suggest we coordinate our attacks today or risk having several faithful servants destroyed. I do not believe anyone has reason to suspect that Iron Fist, Human Torch or I are rebels, and yet we are all heavily damaged and at risk of death. Moreover, our Lord Apocalypse himself has been wounded. Doom vows to attack whoever the Prelates choose, and urges the others to follow suit.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #795
HenryPym
Mascot

First off, we shall avenge you Prelate Dr. Strange, never fear. Hopefully someone will have some information on your attackers for us to pursue. Alas, I do not have any such information.

Second I believe my abilities will serve us quite well in the newest mission against these Sentinels if any of them are indeed active. So I will join that mission.

HENRY PYM COMMITS TO THE SENTINEL MISSION
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #796
JeanGrey
Mascot

Dr Doom: Just how close are you to death anyway? Let's be real specific here.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #797
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Presuming this is your Banner persona I address , it seems strange that you would attack the only person we know for sure cannot be a traitor. While this might have been the lashings out of the wild savage we cannot discount the possibility that the attack was more measured than so and you now seek to disguise the fact.

I feared Hulk's reprisal the moment our lord struck him. It is my opinion that our green behemoth acted exactly as he always does.

Quote:
Presuming this is your Banner persona I address (ie , it seems strange that you would attack the only person we know for sure cannot be a traitor. While this might have been the lashings out of the wild savage we cannot discount the possibility that the attack was more measured than so and you now seek to disguise the fact.

I feared Hulk's reprisal the moment our lord struck him. It is my opinion that our green behemoth acted exactly as he always does.

[ ooc - ]
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #798
JeanGrey
Mascot

Aardwolf, if you still are around your thoughts, whatever they may be, would be welcome.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #799
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I may have missed something in all the excitement, but I wonder if you can support this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post

My thanks, Pietro. Upon re-reading, I see my error. I had interpret the Prelate's post as saying that he was the most cleared, now I see he meant Magneto.

To which I agree, cautiously.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #800
Aardwolf
n00b

Actions do speak louder than words and I feel better about Emma today than yesterday. I am still being watched closely by those who I feel are being controled by the traitors to take my time away from finding them. With that sai, this may be my only post of the day but I feel that I should be able to get away from their trap tonight via a large flying machine.

With that said:

attack Silver Samurai

If I recall correctly he was too quick to jump at the day one bail out attack plan proposed by Emma Frost. After thinking about this I feel that proposing the plan is less suspicious than being too quick to agree for the "easy out" of a day one attack. I am almost out of time but look at the attacks from yesterday and you will see something else suspicious, considering his agreement to the minimal attack plan (either him or the other person making an attack yesterday).

I was going to change to him yesterday but was immediately under surveillance from these forces of evil and I had to end all communications post haste.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote