Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #501
MikeVic
Head Coach

I've sent in a scan for clap already before. I'll stay with it. I like Lathum's plan of scanning people that cleared a student multiple times.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #502
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

So far everyone has cleared a student. So really N0 scans are pretty ridiculous...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #503
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My fault guys. I'll try and keep up tomorrow. Glad to see though that there was a No Lynch, which I would have most definitely voted for. Hopefully I'm not the 100% right on guy that way I won't be hurting us too much for tomorrow.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #504
path12
Coordinator

The jock thought that things were going very well indeed. In his letterman jacket he sat hidden with a view of his target's room. No wolves were going to get by him, no sir. He had been practicing bodyguarding in his spare time, and was getting much better, except that occasionally he fell asleep during the night. But tonight he had remembered to bring his mp3 player and it had worked, the night was almost over and he was still awake!

Right up until a wolf ripped out Greyroofoo's throat from behind. He was a jock.

Quote:
You are a jock, and have been dabbling in bodyguarding – though you certainly still have much to learn. Especially the part about being able to stay awake all night. Each night you may submit the name of a player you would like to protect....non-essential details edited out here......You may not guard the same player two days in a row.

GREYROOFOO, STUDENT AND JOCK, IS DEAD. DAY 2 IS UNDERWAY, DEADLINE IS TUESDAY AT 9PM EST.

I'm typing up individual PM's now.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #505
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
So far everyone has cleared a student. So really N0 scans are pretty ridiculous...

How many times do I have to repeat this before it will sink in? NOBODY HAS CLEARED ANYBODY.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 AM   #506
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I re-scanned Passacaglia. Today, he comes up as a wolf. A couple more days of this, and I may have some idea of how consistent I am.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #507
path12
Coordinator

All PM's should be out now. If you feel you should have gotten one but didn't please let me know.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #508
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
How many times do I have to repeat this before it will sink in? NOBODY HAS CLEARED ANYBODY.

Mr. Wednesday, I think you need to re-read his post. It seems fairly obvious that anyone reading the second sentence will suppose that he is calling into question any "clearing".

Which is all pretty silly, anyway, for any of you to be discussing, considering I showed statistically that the N0 scans were worthless, and was saying that pretty much all day. Might as well forget N0 happened.

Sorry to see Greyroofoo go. Bad hit for us losing the BG on the first night.

BTW, I followed GRF's plan, as that seemed best at the time I left for work, and that had me scanning Lathum.

Lathum came up a wolf.

Obviously, we need more corroboration on that. I am as likely to be wrong as right.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #509
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I re-scanned Passacaglia. Today, he comes up as a wolf. A couple more days of this, and I may have some idea of how consistent I am.

It's your first scan of Pass. Your N0 scan has no value whatsoever at this point. Unless you can show me statistically how the N0 scan could have happened the way it did.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #510
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Lathum ewas a wolf for me as well
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #511
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Lathum ewas a wolf for me as well

Heh...wasn't Lathum (I think) who said someone would come out saying Player X is a wolf, and then a wolf would jump in and say he's a wolf, too, making sure Player X (Lathum in this case) is lynched? lol

Seriously, though, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. One wolf scan is essentially worthless without knowing how accurate we are. Two wolf scans is a little harder to dismiss (although extremely far from conclusive as well). I guess it would get interesting if we got up to four wolf scans on Lathum (or anyone, I use Lathum here because he has two, but this applies to anyone).

BTW, I will be gone all day tomorrow, as usual, at my job, but I will be back for the last hour or two before deadline. The earlier deadline will make it harder for me to catch up, but hopefully I will work through that.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:09 AM   #512
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I changed at the last second, seeing as no one followed my plan. Claph came up as a seer.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 AM   #513
The Jackal
Coordinator

Wow, that blows. BK is a student, but who knows if it's accurate.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #514
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh...wasn't Lathum (I think) who said someone would come out saying Player X is a wolf, and then a wolf would jump in and say he's a wolf, too, making sure Player X (Lathum in this case) is lynched? lol

Seriously, though, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. One wolf scan is essentially worthless without knowing how accurate we are. Two wolf scans is a little harder to dismiss (although extremely far from conclusive as well). I guess it would get interesting if we got up to four wolf scans on Lathum (or anyone, I use Lathum here because he has two, but this applies to anyone).

BTW, I will be gone all day tomorrow, as usual, at my job, but I will be back for the last hour or two before deadline. The earlier deadline will make it harder for me to catch up, but hopefully I will work through that.

My timing might have been a bit off, but I can only read so fast after I saw that I had a message. it is just my (and Lathum's) bad luck that we are in agreement here. I agree that 2 wolf scans though damning are hardly conclusive.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #515
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I also scanned Lathum, as per GRF's plan and interestingly Lathum turned up student on my scan.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #516
saldana
Pro Starter

i followed the plan....barkeep came up as student
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #517
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I also scanned Lathum, as per GRF's plan and interestingly Lathum turned up student on my scan.

so it is 2W/1V for Lathum at this point.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #518
saldana
Pro Starter

i will be popping in from work periodically throughout the day today
Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #519
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Mr. Wednesday, I think you need to re-read his post. It seems fairly obvious that anyone reading the second sentence will suppose that he is calling into question any "clearing".

Which is all pretty silly, anyway, for any of you to be discussing, considering I showed statistically that the N0 scans were worthless, and was saying that pretty much all day. Might as well forget N0 happened.

Sorry to see Greyroofoo go. Bad hit for us losing the BG on the first night.

BTW, I followed GRF's plan, as that seemed best at the time I left for work, and that had me scanning Lathum.

Lathum came up a wolf.

Obviously, we need more corroboration on that. I am as likely to be wrong as right.

lathum came up student for me

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 AM   #520
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

First things first...I scanned Chief Rum. I am always leary of someone who is trying to be overly helpful, i feel that he is covering up for something. Chief came up as a student.

Next, let's not all jump on the lynching Lathum bandwagon just yet. Remember none of us really know our success rate, plus we are banking on everyone telling the truth. There is probably a wolf or two out there that has already lied and either told us that someone was a student when they weren't...or didn't tell us exactly who he/she scanned.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #521
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Chief just to clear things up...you scanned Lathum last night and he came up as a wolf. But back on post 113 you said you scanned him in N0 and he came up a student. Am I reading that correctly?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #522
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

clearly bsak. I don't know who I will vote for, I do think that Lathum would be a better target than the 2 that were scanned numerous times yesterday. I told myself this morning that I probably discounted others wolf accounts while believing my own, for good or ill.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 AM   #523
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My scan shows nfg22 as a wolf. Go figure.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #524
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
My scan shows nfg22 as a wolf. Go figure.

This is interesting.

I went off the reservation and scanned Dodgerchick because she came to the defense of nfg22 so quickly and she came up wolf for me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #525
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I have a pretty busy day today so I am not sure how much I'll be online. I realize 2 wolf scans came back for me. This also happened to me in the first game and I came back a villager so anyone who thinks it's unlikely to happen it can
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #526
Lorena
Unregistered

I scanned Barkeep and he came up as a student.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #527
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

well nice game fellows, guess i should've hit the gym more.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #528
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm still catching up on the thread, but I got RendeR as a student.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #529
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
well nice game fellows, guess i should've hit the gym more.
You really brought a lot to it in the short time you played. I hope to see you again in a game soon!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #530
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You really brought a lot to it in the short time you played. I hope to see you again in a game soon!

+1

Anyone remember who was against Grey's plan? That's the person/people we should probably look at as they seemed threatened by the idea.

Here's the list:

Quote:
My proposed scanning groups if we want to go this route
This was just done alphabetically

Group - 1
Barkeep49
Bask16
Chief Rum
claphamsa
DodgerChick

Group - 2
Greyroofoo
jeheinz72
Lathum
mauboy1
MikeVic

Group - 3
Mr Wednesday
nfg22
ntndeacon
oliegirl
Passacaglia

Group - 4
Pumpy Tudors
RenderR
saldana
SnDvls
st cronin
The Jackal

And these were his suggestions:

Quote:
dola just to propose whom I think each group should scan (taken from the sign up list on page 1)

Group 1 - Lathum
Group 2 - clap
Group 3 - RenderR
Group 4 - Barkeep49
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'll freely admit I was against his plan.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #532
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I see Lathum, Dodgerchick, ntndeacon, nfg22, Pumpy Tudors, bsak16, and Mr. Wednesday voting not in accordance with grey's plan.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #533
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I see Lathum, Dodgerchick, ntndeacon, nfg22, Pumpy Tudors, bsak16, and Mr. Wednesday voting not in accordance with grey's plan.

I meant to say scanning, not voting.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #534
RendeR
Coordinator

I also scanned Lathum as he was my day 1 vote and I was the person in my group everyone was going to scan. Lathum came back Wolf.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #535
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

which is precisly why I was against his plan. There is no way you can expect 21 people to follow something like this.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #536
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am now going to bow out of this game. I learned after the first one there is no point.

Once I return villager tonight look at DC and nfg22 as well as Render, NTN and ChiefRum.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #537
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I was also against his plan because I said it would be to easy for the wolves to manipulat it, which is exactly what has happened.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #538
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I also scanned Lathum as he was my day 1 vote and I was the person in my group everyone was going to scan. Lathum came back Wolf.

Dude, your group was supposed to scan Barkeep.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #539
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, I'm out after this for a while anyway.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST you come up with a plan for what you want to do when I come back villager tonight so you aren't scrambling at the deadline when half the people playing won't be available. It's going to be important for the night scans tonight to be organized.

I could show 10 reasons why I am not a wolf, but I realize how pointless it really is going to be.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #540
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am now going to bow out of this game. I learned after the first one there is no point.

Once I return villager tonight look at DC and nfg22 as well as Render, NTN and ChiefRum.

If you're bowing out of the game, how will we get to find out if you're a villager?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #541
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- If for some reason I have time later I'll mount some kind of defense if it isn't to much of a runaway.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #542
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Dude, your group was supposed to scan Barkeep.

Doh....Guess I misunderstood. I thought the groups were targeting the name listed for the group or something like that. My bad. I really wanted to scan Lathum anyway, Lathum is never to be trusted. He's evil incarnate.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #543
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I STRONGLY SUGGEST you come up with a plan for what you want to do when I come back villager tonight so you aren't scrambling at the deadline when half the people playing won't be available. It's going to be important for the night scans tonight to be organized.

I could show 10 reasons why I am not a wolf, but I realize how pointless it really is going to be.

If you're quitting the game, path is going to have to find a replacement for you, and no one will want to vote for you, because that would put your replacement in a crappy spot.

This reminds me of last game, where people who had heat on them were encouraged to help out the rest of the village be spreading out their money. If I recall, not one villager actually did it.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #544
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If you're bowing out of the game, how will we get to find out if you're a villager?

I meant I am not going to sink a ton of time and energy in my defense. Last incarnation of this game 2 people scanned me wolf the same night and I got lynched and I was a villager that game as well.

You know as well as I do what happens when mob mentality takes over. 3 people have claimed to have scanned me as a wolf, my odds of succesfully defending myself eventhough there is convincing evidence is slim to none. People are going to need an excuse to lynch someone.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #545
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

why is there no point? Im confident you arent a wolf....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #546
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Lathum, no matter what you feel about the prospects of the game, bowing out isn't going to help anything. You're still good for keeping analysis going and arguing the points being made so we don't miss anything.

Everyone has some ability in this game and to be honest, I think a lot of these scans today are coming up wolf and statistically are balancing out the day 0 scans that peth sent out.

How often have I been the overwhelming target as a villager? yes, its frustrating as hell, but quit? no way man! Stick around and help us out!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #547
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Doh....Guess I misunderstood. I thought the groups were targeting the name listed for the group or something like that. My bad. I really wanted to scan Lathum anyway, Lathum is never to be trusted. He's evil incarnate.

What worries me about this is that I have a hunch that the N0 scans were all intended to come up both good and true, so as a result, we weren't able to scan any wolves. The list of people who weren't scanned N0 are:

Barkeep49
RendeR
mauboy1
ntndeacon
oliegirl
st.cronin
The Jackal
SnDvls
Old 02-19-2008, 08:15 AM   #548
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

do you really think I would ever quit a game?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #549
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
do you really think I would ever quit a game?

I should hope not, I'd lose what little respect I have for you
Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #550
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What worries me about this is that I have a hunch that the N0 scans were all intended to come up both good and true, so as a result, we weren't able to scan any wolves. The list of people who weren't scanned N0 are:

Barkeep49
RendeR
mauboy1
ntndeacon
oliegirl
st.cronin
The Jackal
SnDvls

no way.