Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #351
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF JANUARY, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 65.7% (Down from 66.1% last month)
-Midwest: 56.9% (Up from 55.9% last month)
-Southeast: 35.7% (up from 32.7% last month)
-Great Lakes: 33.2% (up from 31.6% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 33.2% (up from 31.6% last month)
-New England: 33.2% (up from 31.6% last month)
-North West: 33.2% (up from 31.6% last month)
-Tri-State: 33.2% (up from 31.6% last month)
-Southwest: 33.1% (up from 31.5% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 32.0% (up from 30.4% last month)

It's going to be a LONG time before I approach the "National" size level for WCCW, but with national TV, pretty much any show I run, no matter the quality, is going to increase popularity in most regions of the country. Our fastest growing region is the southeast, where I'm running a couple of shows a month. Texas popularity dips after I thought I had leveled out there. If I'm ever going to get to national, I have to figure out a way to run B+/A- shows consistently ("National" status requires 71% in 8 of the US regions - that's about a B- in the game, but to actually improve popularity, you typically need to run a show that scores about 2 grades above that (i.e - B+).

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 547,456 (614,450)
Sponsors: 77,813 (76,681)
Merchandise: 14,640 (12,400)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 286,150 (239,079)
Show Costs: 106,500 (113,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 38,888 (35,864)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 159,491 (172,890)

Total Profit: $-51,120 ($42,198)
Cash in Bank: $870,981 (922,101)

-After the nice profit last month, I figured I could be a bit more loose on the budget after I figured out how to play around with ticket prices. But then this month, we lose 51k.

-Worker costs are getting to be a problem - this was easily the most money I've ever spent on talent. I'm in the process of trying to cut the roster a little bit, and run longer matches (and thus use less wrestlers per show).

-Ticket sales are down, but month-to-month changes in that area are more a product of how many shows I run in each different region. I'm going to continue to push the southeast to develop it as my clear #3 region, and those shows are going to be money losers.

-Still, I have plenty of cash - Fritz's year-long goal for me was not to dip below $225k - after I made $500k in profit my first two months in WCCW, I didn't have to worry about that any more. Fritz's new goals will come in a couple of months, once I'm a year into the dynasty. Depending on what he orders, it could be a whole new game starting then.

-I'm still annoyed I'm losing so much money on merchandise every month. I'm using the lowest merchandise settings, "standard" quality and "conservative production", so I guess that's just something I'll have to live with.

-It's nice to see the "misc." expenses finally starting to come down, after being at Cult level for several months now (There's a huge monthly "misc" expense that comes with raising size levels, but that amount slowly decreases every month)
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #352
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I see where you could go with Funk coming back and being pissed about missing his opportunity and blaming Brody and fueding with him, or going after Adams since he was to cash in and never got the chance. The whole thing is brilliant. I could never have come up with a way to run that angle like that, just brilliant.

Thanks-

Ya, Funk pretty much has to come back as a face now with all of the top-of-the -card heels I have right now (Fortunately, his babyface rating is only slightly worse than his heel rating). I just need to come up with a storyline reason why he no-showed the January Star Wars event.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #353
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of January, 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 83.7% Prestige (Up from 81.8% Last Month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 10 Title Defenses, 7-week reign

-Television Champion - 59.5% Prestige (down from 69.9% last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin Von Erich - 1 Title Defense, 3-week reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 61.6% Prestige (Up from 58.5% Last Month)
Midcard Title
Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton - 3 Title Defenses, 1-month reign.

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders - 4 title defense, 3 1/2 month reign

-After a lot of shakeups in the title department, we've regained some stability with these four titles.

-The TV title took a real hit in prestige after it was vacant for so long after Fritz won it. Kevin's job now is to build it back up.

-The TV Title is a little redundant since David's defending the world title on TV almost every week. I've never been a fan of TV titles in wrestling, so ours will always be on somewhat shaky ground. However, Kevin will get a chance to defend it for at least a while.

-Destruction, Inc. are the longest reigning champions in World Class, but they've only defended the belt 4 times in 3 months.

-No immediate plans to bring in any new belts. Personally, I think a wrestling promotion needs a top title, two secondary singles titles that have specific restrictions (weight, age, hardcore, ect.), and then tag belts. We'll get there eventually.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #354
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF January, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Villano III mask challenge; (Villano III, Kerry, Tiger Mask; October)
2. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
3. Backlund/Hayes v. David; recently evolved, now based on Zybszco/Orndorff feud in Georgia, (David, Backlund, Hayes, Fritz; September)
4. Piper v. Adonis (Adonis, Piper; December)
5. Kevin v. Buddy (Kevin/Roberts, now evolved to include Mike/Garvin/Mercer; August)

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Bruiser Brody, Ted Dibiase, Terry Funk, The Great Kabuki, Nikita Koloff, Iceman Parsons, King Kong Bundy, Chris Adams, Buddy Landell, Brian Adias, Ricky Morton, Frank Dusek, Doug Sommers.

-A few storylines ended at the last show: The Adias/Manny bounty angle, and the Adams/Parsons feud. What's left is a handful of storylines that are slumping.

-The David/Hayes/Backlund angle has lost heat because it's dragged on, and it's taken a while for the next "official step" of the storyline to take place. I'm assuming that once that happens next week, that angle will be back to #1 in the company.

-I'll need to come up with something for the big guys without storylines, mainly - Brody, Funk, Dibiase, and Kabuki. The Kerry v. his family stuff has been pretty well received, but Kerry is still technically a part of the Tiger Mask/Villano III storyline, so I can't use him in anything else until that's over (or until I evolve that storyline). So Kerry's a little bit in limbo at the moment. He might get some time off in the meantime.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Bruiser Brody (AJPW; Fri)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, 4th Sun)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Terry Funk (MACW, Wed, Fri, 4th Sun)

-Our big monthly event is "Mexican Invasion" - we'll hold in on the 4th Wednesday of February, with is the date that makes the most sense. That means Terry Funk and Gary Hart once again will potentially unavailable - hopefully I remember that this time.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-Rhese are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

Al Perez
Bill Mercer
Brian Adias
The Sheepherders
David Manning
Doug Somers
David Von Erich
Frank Dusek
Fritz Von Erich
Harry Frehley
Iceman Parsons
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
Mike Von Erich
Nikita Koloff
Owen Hart
Precious
Steve Armstrong
Sunshine
Ted Dibiase
The Great Kabuki
Tommy Rodgers
Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Adrian Adonis in unhappy about the amount of shows he hasn't been used on
-Bill Mercer is unhappy about the amount of shows he hasn't been used on
-Bobby Eaton is unhappy about his push
-Harry Frehley is very unhappy about the amount of shows he hasn't been used on.
-Kerry Von Erich is not enjoying the backstage atmosphere
-Kevin Von Erich is not enjoying the backstage atmosphere
-Nikita Koloff is unhappy about the amount of shows he hasn't been used on.
-Ricky Morton is unhappy with his push
-Villano V is unhappy with his push.

-This is the worst morale I've seen in the locker room yet, but 3 of these issues will be taken care of shortly. Ricky Morton has been promoted to midcard, and Villano V has been promoted to "Opener". Harry Frehley's contract is up in a few days and I'm not renewing it.

-The Bill Mercer issue is a problem - he's not happy working only half our shows, but with Lance Russel and Lord Alfred Hayes in, that's all he's going to work. His only hope to work more is if Hayes moves to a managerial role, and there's no immediate plans for that. My understanding is that morale can effect performance, so hopefully Mercer can adjust his expectations somewhat.

-Adonis was lost in the shuffle somewhat last month, but that won't continue with the Piper feud starting to heat up. By booking team actually thinks Adonis should be a main eventer.

-This is the first time I've seen the "backstage atmosphere" complaint that Kerry and Kevin are giving - I wonder if this has something to do with them showing up for shows late, and Kerry's suspension, or if it's just a product of so many people being pissed off.

Last edited by molson : 08-04-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #355
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF JANUARY, 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Bruiser Brody
Roddy Piper
Ted Dibiase
Terry Funk
Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Michael Hayes

-Same group as last month, except with the addition of Ted Dibiase.
-David is 10 days away from the day he died in real life - hopefully I can build him into the worldwide star that he might of been.
-Funk, Piper, and Dibiase are the guys that don't quite feel like main eventers yet. Dibiase, of course, has just started with WCCW. Piper though, has been something of a disappointment, and even if his feud with Adonis goes well, it isn't a "main event fued". For Funk, there's somewhat more hope, as he's probably about to re-appear in WCCW as a big-time face. However, he's only under contract for another 3 weeks or so. If he's not willing to re-sign, he's going to be another victim of Brody, our resident "career killer".

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Chris Adams
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Adrian Adonis
Tiger Mask
Villano III
Buddy Roberts

-A lot of shakeups in this group since last month. Manny Fernandez is gone from the company, and The Great Kabuki has been demoted down. The new additions are Tiger Mask and Villano III - no reason to keep them lower on the card, they clearly deserve to be here. Also, Chris Adams moves up. I've tried to move him up before, but after the huge cage match win against Parsons, it makes sense to give him this promotion.

-My booking team actually thinks Kerry and Kevin should be pushed down to midcard, in light of the new talent I've brought in. But since those are 2 of the guys I'm sure aren't going to work for anyone else, I don't have a problem over-pushing them.

-Buddy Roberts and Adrian Adonis are two guys who have done great work for me, and I'm very happy keeping them at this level.

MIDCARDERS

Jim Garvin
The Great Kabuki
Ricky Morton
The Sheepherders
Koko B. Ware
Bobby Eaton
Iceman Parsons
King Kong Bundy
Buddy Landell

-The changes here since last month: Villano III, Chris Adams, and Tiger Mask have been promoted out of the midcard, Great Kabuki has been demoted down. Also, Ricky Morton has been promoted up.

-Morton's promotions is based partially on his whining, but he has performed pretty well for us, especially in the southeast, so I'm willing to try him out as a midcarder.

-Kabuki made a face turn out of necessity, and his face rating in pretty low, so that's why he was pushed down. Unless he really shows something I don't expect, he's likely to be another victim of Bruiser Brody, and out of the WCCW shortly.

-Bobby Eaton thinks he should be an upper midcarder, but since he's in the middle of a big tag team feud with other midcarders, I'm keeping him at midcarders. But he's clearly the most talented guy of the 4 in that feud.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Doug Somers
Nikita Koloff
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich

-Same group as last month, except that Nikita Koloff has been promoted down from the midcard. He's new, hasn't beaten anyone yet, so it makes sense to put him here for now.

-My booking team interestingly think Mike is already ready for the midcard, though I don't see it in his stats or popularity. But he'll certainly see plenty of ring time.

-Frank Dusek has a new gimmick as "that 70s's guy" - he already has the moustache, so he doesn't have to change that much.

-Adias has had huge opportunities in some big angles as a young lower midcarder, He's shown some improvement across the board in his skills stats as well as popularity, but he's not close to the level of midcarder yet.

OPENER

Super Kendo
Tommy Rodgers
Al Perez
Steve Armstrong
Villano V

-On the advice of my booking team, I promoted Villano V up to Opener, and moved Villano IV down. Orton is gone from WCCW.

-My booking team thinks Tommy Rodgers is ready for a promotion, but I keep him down here for at least another month - he'll have his chances this month to prove himself.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Villano IV

-Like I said, Villano IV moves down here on the advice of my booking team. Owen Hart is VERY young, but he's getting some great experience with us (the highlight so far being a B- match with Villano III)

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Precious
Boris Malenko
Sunshine
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Harry Frehley
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-As I stated, Harry Frehley is in his final days with WCCW. He's got potential, but there's simply no room for him here with the addition of Alfred Hayes and Lance Russell.

-We're a little heavy on managers, considering Hussein only manages Dibiase, and Malenko only manges Koloff. Koloff will have to succeed to make Malenko's deal worthwhile.

-While most managers are obviously heel managers, I'm thinking I might be able to use another face manager. Right now I only have Sunshine, who manages David and Iceman Parsons.

-Gary Hart, who has seen his Hart Limited stable depleted in recent month, is about to see a huge addition - Bruiser Brody.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #356
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Championship Wrestling from Florida has officially gone out of business. Most of their big stars have, at this point, secured deals with other promotions, though I have requested negotiations with Barry Windham, who had previously expressed loyalty to CWF. Adrian Street is other former CWF employer who I noticed is now completely unemployed, but I don't extend a negotiation request to him (as he's already 43 years old). The final match in CWF history was Jake Roberts defeating Adrian Street

-Jerry Lawler's CWA promotion in Memphis also goes out of business. I request negotiations with Lawler, just to see what he's willing to do. The final match in CWA history was Jerry Lawler and Steve Keirn defeating Bill Dundee and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol.

-The dirt sheets are now reporting that Houston Championship Wrestling is a few months from going under. I have made a buy-out offer. Obviously, the big prize of HCW is Gino Hernandez, who I'd love to have in WCCW.

-Larry "The Axe" Hennig and the Original Mr. Wrestling have officially retired.

-I have officialy declared war on the Mexcian UWA promotion. The hope here is that Villano III leaves them, but I'm not sure if that's how it works in the game. I have maintained a "working agreement" with the bigger Mexican promotion, Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre, which should allow me to make some talent trades to bring in some Mexican talent for the "Mexican Invasion" show.

-A number of new talent make their debut this month, including DJ Peterson, Yokozuna, Mark Curtis, and Baby Doll. With the current bloated state of my roster, I don't make offers to any of them.

-In preparation of the "Mexican Invasion" show this month, i've made some talen trades with Consejo Munidal de Lucha Libre. Their top guy in terms of Texas popularity is Mil Mascaras, however since he's on a short term deal with CMLL, he's not available for trade. The next highest guy in terms of Texas popularity is Grand Marcus Jr. - so I bring him in for a 3 show deal, in exchange for Kerry Von Erich. I also bring in young CMLL star Ringo Mendoza (who has some limited overness in Texas), for 3 shows in exchange for David Von Erich. Finally, I trade Tiger Mask for CMLL main eventer Fishman, in a 3-appearance loan contract.

Last edited by molson : 08-08-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #357
molson
General Manager

HISTORICAL UPDATE

-With the news that CWA and CWF have gone under, he's the current rundown of surviving US territories:

CULT STATUS

-WWF
-AWA
-Mid-Atlantic
-WCCW

REGIONAL

-Mid-South
-Pacific Northwest
-Central States
-Southwest Championship Wrestling
-WWC (Puerto Rico)
-GLOW
-Houston Championship Wrestling

SMALL

-ICW
-POWW

-And to take a quick look at the WWF, The Junkyard Dog is still the world champion, a belt he has held for 5 months now. The main eventers are Larry Zbysko, Pedro Morales, Sgt Slaughter, Bob Backlund, Paul Orndorff, JYD, and Hulk Hogan,
Old 08-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #358
Flasch186
Coordinator

How long, in game, does it take you to book a show? That was the biggest hinderance for me...took an hour to create a show. Do you have better way of doing it?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #359
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

fun dynasty
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #360
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
How long, in game, does it take you to book a show? That was the biggest hinderance for me...took an hour to create a show. Do you have better way of doing it?

It takes me about 20 minutes to book a regular show. (And then about 20 minutes to type it up).

Part of being able to do it quicker now is having a better familiarity with angles, etc, so I don't spend too much time looking for things. I also think the way I do it saves time - I book all of the matches first. I know that for my product type, I need about 60-65 minutes of matches for a 90 minute show. Once I get up to 60-65 minutes of matches, I throw in angles around the matches. That's been way faster for me than booking the whole show from the beginning. And before I start booking both matches and angles, I go through my storylines one at a time, to make sure I'm making progress on those.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #361
Flasch186
Coordinator

jeez, 20 minutes would make it playable but the broken search (yes I think its broken) makes searching for angles and whether or not someone was a victim or catalyst etc. just kills me. Hmmm, maybe Ill fire it up again but I just cannot seem to get into the groove (many times running an angle onnly to have the storyline not progress).

...and its your thread that makes it so tempting...great dynasty.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 08-05-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #362
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:

An Hour? That seems way too long, I make shows in about 5-10 minutes.

Some further explanation would be helpful.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #363
JeffNights
College Prospect

You simply must change Villano III's name, his budding future star status almost demands it.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #364
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights View Post
You simply must change Villano III's name, his budding future star status almost demands it.

Maybe something like Carlos Villano? (To explain the Villano masked name).. sounds like you could have the first national Latino ethnic star (a Pedro Morales type)_\
Old 08-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #365
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights View Post
An Hour? That seems way too long, I make shows in about 5-10 minutes.

Some further explanation would be helpful.

I have to find out what storylines are going on, then plan the show and be sure to try and have some semblance of a "show" with turns and stuff to move the storylines forward. FIND the angles needed, check to make sure the minutiae matches up with the requirements to move it forward. Do this until I fill up the needed time.

it just seems chorelike to figure it all out and takes about 45minutes - 1hour to get it to the point where I feel confident that if I click "run show" it wont screw something up which inevitably happens once a month (game time).

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #366
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 1, February 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,676. Ticket prices: $3 over default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Owen Hart and Steve Armstrong defeat Villanos IV and V in 7:52 when Armstrong pinned Villano IV. Armstrong was tiring towards the end of the match. (D). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed the winners. (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jim Garvin defeated Tommy Rodgers in 5:56 by pinfall. (D+) The two showed poor chemistry.

-Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich came out to the ring together, to the delight of the fans. David grabs a mic and tells the fans that the Von Erich brothers got together at their family's ranch this weekend, and were able to work things out. David says that Kerry still hasn't decided whether he's sticking around WCCW long term, but that David and Kevin have been able to work out a match with Skandor Akbar that has convinced Kerry to stick around at least a little bit longer. Tonight, David explains, The Von Erichs will challenge Destruction, Inc. for the WCCW Six-Man Tag Championship. (B-)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat Frank Dusek & Doug Somers in 9:01 when Koko pinned Somers. Eaton and Koko's performance stood out. Somers' injury took a tolll on the match. (C+). Immediately after the match, the Sheepherders hit the ring and attacked Koko and Eaton. Both Sheepherders were wielding whips. (C). The Sheepherders then challenged the fallen Koko and Eaton to a tag title rematch. (C)

-King Kong Bundy defeated Ricky Morton in 9:20 by pinfall. (B-). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Gary Hart cut a long promo with King Kong Bundy by his side, putting over the devastation of his client. (C+)

-Buddy Jack Roberts came out to the ring, and apologized again for causing a leg injury to Mike Von Erich. This time, he directs his apology towards Mike himself, and asks for forgiveness. The fans again aren't buying the apology. (C)

-Tiger Mask defeated Buddy Roberts in 14:49 by pinfall. (B+). After the match, Tiger Mask grabbed a mic and challenged Villano III to a match on his own home turf, at the Mexican Invasion show at the end of the month. Tiger Mask says that Villano's open challenge is still out there, and that "when" Tiger Mask pins Villano III, he'll have to take his mask off in front of his own friends and family. (B-)

-Destruction, Inc. hype their upcoming title defense against the Von Erichs. Akbar says he accepted the challenge because he knows that the challengers can't get along, and that his men will be able to embarrass them in their home town. (C+)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
The Von Erichs defeated Destruction, Inc. in 24:01 when Kerry pinned Miller. The Von Erichs win the titles. David stood out. (C+) The Von Erichs celebrate with the belts at the end of the show. (B-) Throughout the match and celebration, there's no hint of tension amongst the brothers.

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-A good show to start the month. The next step in the Von Erich saga is a (possibly temporary) reconciliation. If the full Kerry heel turn ever happens, it would be the perfect time to dump the six-man titles.

-The main event was a little disappointing. I'm not sure if there's something I'm doing wrong, but it's really difficult to get a good rating in tag team matches.

-Nice match between Tiger Mask and Buddy Rodgers. Tiger Mask's match Villano III might actually main event the Mexican Invasion Show.

-I noticed that King Kong Bundy's stamina rating has increased to a "D". That's huge, because before, he couldn't wrestle 7 minutes without getting tired. Now, his stamina threshold is up to 10-11 minutes. That's a pretty significant difference. His reward is a solid win over newly-promoted midcarder Ricky Morton.

Last edited by molson : 08-05-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #367
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Maybe something like Carlos Villano? (To explain the Villano masked name).. sounds like you could have the first national Latino ethnic star (a Pedro Morales type)_\

I kind of like his real name as a heelish-sounding ring name - Arturo Mendoza.

Last edited by molson : 08-05-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #368
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I have to find out what storylines are going on, then plan the show and be sure to try and have some semblance of a "show" with turns and stuff to move the storylines forward. FIND the angles needed, check to make sure the minutiae matches up with the requirements to move it forward. Do this until I fill up the needed time.

it just seems chorelike to figure it all out and takes about 45minutes - 1hour to get it to the point where I feel confident that if I click "run show" it wont screw something up which inevitably happens once a month (game time).

It did take me a little while to come with my own system that let me run through a show faster.

They way I handle storylines is to just run through them twice, then I'm done. First, while I'm booking the matches of my show. If a storyline's "next stage" is match, I consider running it at that show, otherwise, I just move to the next storyline. It takes less than a minute to run through the storylines and plug in matches that forward them. Then once the storyline are addressed, I plug in more matches to meet my quota.

Then with angles, same deal, I quickly run through the storylines one by one, and if the next step is an angle, I consider plugging that angle in. That whole process takes maybe 5 minutes. Then once the storyline are addressed, I plug in more angles to fill up the rest of the show.

It's pretty much the same process every time, and for me, it's pretty efficient.

Making sure I didn't run a storyline angle or match wrong was a problem at first, but once I got the hang of it, it's easy. You see what kind of angle it is, then just filter the angles by that type "Hype, Remorse, Challenge", whatever. You just have to make sure that each guy has the assigned role. You can include more guys in the storyline angle, with their own roles, you just have to make sure that every "assigned" guy is in the right place. And with matches, you have to make sure you have the "Side 1" and "Side 2" assigned to the correct people (that throws a lot of people off at first).

EVERY once in a while, there's a DOTT storyline that calls for an angle that isn't in the database (I can't speak for other mods, but I'm guessing they're not as polished as DOTT). It's possible to just add a conforming angle, which is a bit of a pain, but then it's always there.

And if you ever run a dynasty, especially with a non-DOTT mod, it helps to import all the default TEW storylines into the game, just you have some simpler ones to work with. Also, there's always "unchained" storylines, where you don't have to worry about specific storyline "segments" - your storyline will advance simply if you have any 2 people in the storyline as a part the same match or angle, no matter what it is. Depending on the mod, you might have to import those "unchained" storylines.

Last edited by molson : 08-05-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #369
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I kind of like his real name as a heelish-sounding ring name - Arturo Mendoza.

I wouldnt buy that t-shirt.

Maybe you could keeo Vilano in the name?

Atruro Villano
Villano arturo

VIllano Mendoza...
Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #370
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
It did take me a little while to come with my own system that let me run through a show faster.

They way I handle storylines is to just run through them twice, then I'm done. First, while I'm booking the matches of my show. If a storyline's "next stage" is match, I consider running it at that show, otherwise, I just move to the next storyline. It takes less than a minute to run through the storylines and plug in matches that forward them. Then once the storyline are addressed, I plug in more matches to meet my quota.

Then with angles, same deal, I quickly run through the storylines one by one, and if the next step is an angle, I consider plugging that angle in. That whole process takes maybe 5 minutes. Then once the storyline are addressed, I plug in more angles to fill up the rest of the show.

It's pretty much the same process every time, and for me, it's pretty efficient.

Making sure I didn't run a storyline angle or match wrong was a problem at first, but once I got the hang of it, it's easy. You see what kind of angle it is, then just filter the angles by that type "Hype, Remorse, Challenge", whatever. You just have to make sure that each guy has the assigned role. You can include more guys in the storyline angle, with their own roles, you just have to make sure that ever "assigned" guy is in the right place. And which matches, you have to make sure you have the "Side 1" and "Side 2" assigned to the correct people (that throws a lot of people off at first).

EVERY once in a while, there's a DOTT storyline that calls for an angle that isn't in the database (I can't speak for other mods, but I'm guessing they're not as polished as DOTT). It's possible to just add a conforming angle, which is a bit of a pain, but then it's always there.

DOLA

There are like also 3 or 4 shortcuts to the active storylines and heat screens..one of which in the booling and the recap button, also from the match booking screen itself..these are very helpful
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #371
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (TV TAPING)
Tuesday, Week 1, February 1984
Austin, TX. (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,352; Ticket Prices: +$4 over default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Marc Lowerence conducts a brief interview with rookie wrestler Owen Hart. (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek defeated Owen Hart in 6:33 by pinfall. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ricky Morton defeated Nikita Koloff in 6:48 by pinfall. (B-)

-Michael Hayes defeats Steve Armstrong in 6:01 by pinfall. (C-). After the match, Hayes grabs a mic and says that with his victory tonight, he has affirmed his position as #1 contender. He then challenges David Von Erich for a World Title Match at Mexican Invasion at the end of the month. (B+). Fritz Von Erich comes out, looking irritated. Fritz confronts Hayes and tells him that after Hayes' first title shot with David, which ended with a DDQ, Hayes questioned in the integrity and competence of the referee. Fritz says he actually agreed that it was a bad call by the referee, so he granted Hayes another rematch. After that he had another title shot. And another, and another. Fritz then tells Hayes it's over - he won't get any more title shots as long as David is still champion. A livid Hayes leaves the ring. (B)

-David, Kerry, and Kevin Von Erich come to the ring with their newly won WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship belts that they won last night. David makes similar comments that he did last night about the brothers working out the issues they've been having. Kerry is still vague about his long-term prospects in WCCW, but he thanks the fans for their support. David then points out that Kevin has a TV title defense tonight, so he's arranged a tag team match tonight, David & Kerry v. Villanos IV and V. (B-)

-David & Kerry Von Erich defeat Villanos IV and V in 7:48 when David pinned Villano IV. There was no sign of tension between the Von Erichs. Kerry looked off his game (in a performance sense, not storyline). (C-)

-Adrian Adonis, along with Skandor Akbar, is on the set of Adonis' talk show, "The Bachelor Pad". Adonis says his show is the A-list show in WCCW, and he's proving it again tonight, with his guest, Bob Backlund. Backlund comes to the ring, and is flanked by Michael Hayes. Hayes end up doing most of the talking. He says it's no secret that Hayes and Backlund have had a business relationship in the pasts. Hayes explains that he has Backlund "on retainer". Hayes then says that if Fritz is too "crooked" to give Hayes another title shot, he's going to outsmart Fritz and do the next best thing - hire Backlund to win the belt for him. Hayes points out how Backlund has had David's number since Backlund came to WCCW - he then lists all the times Backlund has pinned David, specifying dates and locations. Backlund says he's willing to do this because, as he's said time and time again, he has no longer has any interest in the world title. (B-) Backlund then challenges David for a title match at Mexican Invasion (B+)

-After a commercial, Adonis is still in the ring with the Bachelor Pad Set. WCCW officials can be seen trying to get Adonis to leave. Adonis says he's not going anywhere, that The Bachelor Pad is the best part of the show. Adonis then starts insulting Roddy Piper. Just as the crowd is starting to get restless, Piper appears and slowly walks down to the ring. Adonis dares him to come into the thing. Piper immediately does so, and Adonis quickly bails, leaving Skandor Akbar to take a beating from Piper. Piper then dismantles the Bachelor Pad Set. (C)

-Villano III defeated Buddy Landell in 12:47 by submission. (B). After the match, Villano III grabs a mic and accepts the challenge made by Tiger Mask for an "Open Mask Challenge Match" at Mexican Invasion. (B). Further, Villano III states that he has a big surprise for Tiger Mask. (C+)

-Roddy Piper defeated Jimmy Garvin 11:12 by submission. (C-)

-Before the show's main event, the announcers show a quick clip of Chris Adams earning this match by winning the #1 Contender triple threat match 2 weeks ago.

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Kevin Von Erich drew with Chris Adams in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (B-) Kevin makes his second defense of the title.

-Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS

-It's disappointing we didn't break B- here, considering the amount of B- and higher segments and matches.

-There was progress on the Funk/Brody/Hart/Fernandez issue this week, it was just such a packed show that I left it out for now (and saved a lot of money by not using those guys). Presumably, the announcers would have mentioned what happened at January Star Wars, and next week's TV show will focus on this angle.

-Awful show for Piper - his segment with Adonis was terrible, and his match with Garvin was even worse. With the amount that I'm paying him, he's on thin ice. Piper's failure here thus far is a mystery - he has the best rated charisma and mic skills in the entire wrestling universe. His popularity in Texas is still limited and can build up, so all hope is not yet lost.

-The Hayes/Backlund/David stuff took up a lot of next in the recap, but to some up, Fritz has cut off Hayes' title shots (he's lost 6 title matches to David, including a triple threat match that involved Backlund). So Hayes, who has been paying Backlund to help him out all along, is now instructing his "employee" to win the world title for him.

Last edited by molson : 08-08-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #372
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Two promotions that I know are in some financial trouble, ICW and Houston Championship Wrestling have both rejected my requests for buy-out talks.

-After the last show, Chris Adams, Jim Garvin, and Buddy Landell (who all wrestled pretty long matches) showed some exhaustion.

-I pull off a another talent trade to bring in another Mexican - old friend Black Gordman, who will be in for one appearance (just the Mexican Invasion show). In exchange, HCW can use King Kong Bundy once.

-I don't think I'm going to run any kind of "group angle" with these Mexican guys, I think I'm just going to use them on the show to help the overall rating. The expansion into Mexico is the start of some very long-term goals. After I reach National status level, International isn't too far behind (in just requires National status, plus 45% or higher in 4 foreign regions. Mexico has 3 regions, and next our next best international popularity is in Central Europe. So it's never to early to start boosting up popularity a bit in those regions.

-Steve Keirn and Bill Dundee defeated the odd team of The Iron Shiek and Les Thorton to win the AWA World Tag Team Titles. The champs had held the belts for a little more than 3 months, making 16 title defenses.

-Villano IV's contract is up, and I sign him up for another 9 months at a moderate raise, from $500 to $675/show. He's usually good for at least a C- match every time he's out there, and is probably the most experienced 18-year old wrestler in the world, between us and the UWA - he's wrestled 62 matches since the dynasty began (and has only won six of them).

-Villano V is also resigned, at an even more modest raise from $550/show to $625/show

-I have a more difficult time trying to decide whether to resign Super Kendo at $525/show, but eventually decide to do so.

-I keep telling myself I need to pare down the roster, but I've put a lot of time into making those three lowly-paid luchadors at least somewhat well known in Texas. They all can pull off C-level matches with anyone, and they'll be useful any time I go to Mexico.

-I've renewed our tv show and timeslot for another 3 months. I had the option to extend it for a full year, but I definitely need to get on a better time slot eventually. The problem is, at my current size, I have to end my current show before I negotiate with another one, which means dark time with no tv, like I had a few months ago. I'm not willing to do that again so soon, but perhaps in 3 months.

-The TV Show gets a 0.48 rating - that's our lowest in five weeks, but only slightly down from recent weeks.

-I've quietly allowed Harry Frehley's contract to expire. There's no room for him with the additions of Lord Alfred Hayes and Lance Russell.

-I tried negotiating with Mil Mascaras, but once again, Fritz blocks it, as he wants too much money. I'm not sure I would have pulled the trigger on the #3k/show he wanted, but it would have been nice to have him for the Mexican show.

-Jerry Lawler, now unemployed after his Memphis promotion went under, also wants too much money for Fritz to stomach (about $3k/show). If we can have a profitable few months and Fritz bends a little, Lawler is a guy I'll continue to have interest in. Excellent stats (including A+ Psychology, and he's one of the few stars of the day that has true national overness).

-I also talk to Barry Windham, unemployed since Florida Championship Wrestling went under. His stats just don't look good enough to warrant the $1,350/show he wants - he'd be a lower midcarder with us right now, at age 23. So I pass.

-Fritz' grumpiness then takes a surprising turn and affects my booking plans. Terry Funk's short-term contract is up, and Fritz blocks anything about $3,200. And Funk won't sign for less than that. So Funk's late '83- early '84 run in WCCW will be largely a footnote. He'll be with us another 2 1/2 weeks. On the bright size, this does open up time for guys like Dibiase, and will save us some cash.

-Bobby Eaton (midcarder), The Great Kabuki (midcarder), and Steve Armstrong (Opener) are all complaining about their push. Eaton may have a point, but as a tag team guy, I don't want to push him ahead of say, Kevin Von Erich. Kabuki is on the way out - I still haven't even used him since he turned face. Armstrong just needs to shut up.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #373
JeffNights
College Prospect

You still have not settled the Villano III name issue, yout loyal fans await your decisiion!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #374
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have a feeling that we may see that at the "Mexican Invasion" show.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #375
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, February 1984
Johnson City, TN (Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 873. Ticket prices: Default Price
Actual Attendance: 963

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Al Perez about his upcoming match with Tiger Mask. (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tiger Mask defeated Al Perez in 8:09 by pinfall. (D). Perez was exhausted towards the end of the match. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Tiger Mask officially accepted Villano III's challenge for a "open mask challenge" match at Mexican Invasion. Tiger Mask talks about how Villano III is trying to frame this match as Mexico v. Japan, but Tiger Mask says that he has nothing against Lucha Libre, and in fact, it is Villano III who has disgraced his country by driving Gory and Hector Guerrero out of WCCW. (C-)

-Freebirds Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin come to the ring with Bob Backlund. Michael Hayes says that as soon as the Von Erichs won the six-man tag titles, he's had his eyes on the Freebirds wining the belts. But, says Hayes, Roberts seems to have "gone soft" lately (by apologizing to Mike Von Erich and to the fans). So, says Hayes, he and Garvin will team up with Bob Backlund to challenge for the titles tonight. Backlund then says he'll embarrass David tonight, and eventually, he'll take his world title also, and give it to a man that truly deserves it - his business associate, Michael Hayes. (C)

-Ted Dibiase defeats Steve Armstrong in 6:55 by submission. (C+). Armstrong looked off his game. After the match, Dibiase takes a $100 bill and pushes it down Armstrong's throat. (B-) Dibiase looked good.

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated King Kong Bundy & Brian Adias in 8:44 when Ware pinned Adias. (B-). Koko seemed off his game. Eaton looked good. After the match, Eaton & Adias accepted the challenge made by The Sheepherders for a tag title rematch. (C)

-Adrian Adonis defeated Tommy Rodgers in 10:51 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Adonis ran down Piper again, and announced that the contract has been signed - he'll face Piper at Mexican Invasion. (C).

-Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich come to the ring, to hype their title defense against Hayes, Garvin, and Freebird. (C). They claim they're as strong as united as ever. David came across well.

-Ricky Morton came to the ring, and put over WCCW's debut in his home state of Tennessee. (C-). Boris Malenko then came to the ring with Nikita Koloff. Malenko claimed Morton's win over Koloff on the TV show was was a fluke, and that the Russian Nightmare will destroy "Tennessee's Own" Ricky Morton. (C+)

-Ricky Morton defeated Nikita Koloff in 9:22 by DQ when Boris Malenko interfered. (C+) Koloff seemed off his game.

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, and Bob Backlund defeated Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich in 14:37. Backlund had the chicken-wing applied to David while the other 4 were brawling outside the ring. Kerry overcame Garvin outside the ring, and broke up Backlund's hold with a steel chair to earn the DQ. The Von Erichs retain the titles. (B). David and Backlund looked good.

Overall Show Rating: C+ (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS:

-Even though the Southeast doesn't draw for us particularly well yet, I tend to run very solid shows there (mostly because there are so many wrestlers that have SOME overness there, including many people on my roster). Between this show and the tv show last week, my southeast popularity has jumped from 35.7% to 36.5% since the start of the month, further establishing it as WCCW's #3 region.

-Excellent main event - it's pretty hard to get a B rating in any type of tag match, when you can pull it off, it helps everyone in the match. In this instance, it was a small step towards increasing the southeast popularity of 5 of my biggest stars (and Jimmy Garvin).

-The Eaton/Ware v. Bundy/Adias match was a nice surprise at a B-. Eaton and Ware are very well known in the Southeast, but I didn't think they could carry Bundy & Adias to even that level. Bundy & Adias will be a semi-active team under Gary Hart's leadership - I'm imaging Bundy doing most of the work, and loudmouth Adias hiding behind him and taking most of the credit.

-Dibiase carried Steve Armstrong to Armstrong's best match with WCCW. Armstrong is another guy that's getting a ton of ring time at a young age - he's wrestled 35 matches between us and SECW, and he's only 18.

-I gave Tiger Mask an dark match shot only because I needed an extra storyline element from tonight's show (his acceptance of Villano III's challenge). Of course, matches like that also do nothing but help the development of guys like Al Perez.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #376
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 2, February 1984
Belton, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Segment
David Von Erich comes to the ring and cuts a promo about the David/Hayes/Backlund situation. David says he used to respect Backlund, and he considered him his toughest opponent. But now, Backlund's trying to win the title only to make a quick buck from Michael Hayes. The fact that Backlund's trying to "sell" the world heavyweight title makes David all the more determined to defend it. David says that Backlund has officially been named #1 contender, and he'll face him at Mexican Invasion. (A).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Nikita Koloff defeats Tommy Rodgers in 7:38 by pinfall. (D) After the match, Boris Malenko hypes his client. (C+)

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with Chris Adams, Brian Adias, and King Kong Bundy. Hart says he has some major news. First, it's taken a couple of weeks to finalize the contract, but it's now official, Hart's newest client is the man that destroyed Manny Fernandez - Bruiser Brody comes to the ring. Hart says that Brody stepped up where that "coward" Terry Funk failed. Hart then spends several minutes running down Funk and criticizing his no-show at January Star Wars.

-Hart then asks The Great Kabuki to come to the ring. Hart says even though Kabuki "lost his cool" several weeks ago and sprayed Hart in the face with the green mist, he's still under contract, and he has something to say to him as well. Kabuki comes to the ring (to a decent ovation from the crowd), looking tentative and suspicious of Hart.

-Hart says that he can offer the five men in the ring everything wrestling has to offer - money, titles, and power. He says that tonight, he wants to see who can stand up to the pressure. He's booked 5 matches tonight, involving the 5 members of the Hart Limited Stable. He says that anyone who wins tonight, stays in the group. Anyone that looses, is out.

-Hart then announces the "challenge" matches - Bruiser Brody will take on two men in a handicap match: Owen Hart and Steve Armstrong. Brian Adias will wrestle one-half of the tag team champions, Bobby Eaton. King Kong Bundy will face a man that has defeated him in the last several months, Tiger Mask. The Great kabuki will take on Iceman Parsons. And finally, Chris Adams faces Kevin Von Erich in a rematch for the WCCW TV title. (C-)

-2-on-1 Handicap Match
-Hart Limited, Challenge Match
Bruiser Brody defeated Owen Hart & Steve Armstrong in 3:37 when Brody pinned Armstrong. Brody dominated the two younger wrestlers, and remains in Hart Limited. (C)

-A mini-documentary is played featuring an in-depth interview with the "new" Buddy Roberts. He apologies again for injuring Mike Von Erich, and claims that he has "turned over a new leaf". The fans still aren't buying it. (C-)

-Buddy Roberts defeats Al Perez in 5:42 by pinfall. (C). Roberts was over-the-top in his "sportsmanship", shaking hands with the referee and Perez before the match, clean breaks, etc.

-Fritz Von Erich came out the announce position. Fritz says that while it's true that Bob Backlund has been named #1 contender, Fritz has decided that Backlund is going to put that position on the line tonight. Frtiz says Backlund will face Kerry Von Erich, with the winner to take on David Von Erich at Mexican Invasion. After Fritz leaves, the announcers express surprise at this decision, considering Kerry's mediocre win/loss record of late. Marc Lowerence speculates that Kerry is again threatening to leave WCCW, and Fritz is trying to placate him. (B)

-Hart Limited, challenge match
Brian Adias defeats Bobby Eaton in 6:32 with brass knuckles to the face behind the referee's back. Adias remains in Hart Limited. (C)

King Kong Bundy defeated Tiger Mask in 6:42 by DQ after Villano III interfered in the match, attacking Tiger Mask. (B-) After the match, Tiger Mask was the victim of a 2-1 attack. (B-). Villano III then grabs a mic and tells Tiger Mask he's ready to reveal the surprise he talked about last week - Villano III then introduces his new manager, Gary Hart, who comes to the ring. (C+) Hart puts over Villano III has the hottest free agent in WCCW. Hart says that Villano's record has been nearly perfect, and that he's ready to lead Villano III to the top. (C+).

-Michael Hayes and Bob Backlund comes to the ring. Hayes blasts Fritz Von Erich for showing favoritism to his "boy" again, and giving Kerry a shot at Backlund for the #1 contender slot tonight. (B+)

-WCCW World Championship - #1 Contender Match
Bob Backlund defeated Kerry Von Erich in 10:56 by submission to remain the #1 contender to David's title. (B-)

The Great Kabuki drew with Iceman Parsons in 3:52 by double countout. Right when the bell rang, Parsons grabbed a mic and asked Kabuki if he really wanted to be back in Hart's stable. Parsons said he'd be happy to wrestle him, but argued that it'd be best for Kabuki just to get rid of Hart now. Kabuki goes outside the ring, goes face to face with Hart, and then sprays him in the face with green mist yet again (3rd time total). Quickly, Bruiser Brody comes to the outside area and attacks Kabuki. Parsons tries to come to the rescue, but Brody destroys him too. This leads to a double countout. Kabuki is officially out of Hart Limited. (B)

-Hart Limited, Challenge Match
Kevin Von Erich defeats Chris Adams in 8:31 with a handful of tights to make his 3rd title defense (C). Adams is out of Hart Limited, and is enraged. He takes out his frustration on Kevin Von Erich, attacking him after the match. David Von Erich comes to the ring to help Kevin. David throws Adams from the ring, and checks on Kevin. (B-) Then, the newest lineup of Hart Limited as of the end of the night (Brody, Bundy, Adias, and Villano III), surround the ring, and quickly overwhelm David and Kevin, attacking both for several minutes. (B). Before long however, a returning Terry Funk runs to the ring with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. He helps to repel Hart Limited from the ring, giving a baseball bat shot to everyone in the group except Brody, who slips away. (B) David, Kevin, and Funk are in the ring together as the show ends

Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS:

-My show rating got burned by a minor bug in the game. I had advertised Bruiser Brody v. TBA. I then booked him against two guys in a handicap match. When I hit "analyze show", I got the "all clear" message, which means that the road agent was accepting the Brody match as fulfilling the advertised booking. But then, I get the penalty anyway. So that sucks, because this was an absolutely wild show that deserved better.

-The WWE used to run a lot of these "theme" shows where most or all of the matches tie in with one storyline, this was basically a version of that. Chris Adams and Gary Hart had zero chemistry, so this was a way to get him out of the group without turning him face again. He'll take on Lord Alfred Hayes as a manger soon.

-Kabuki is also out off the Hart group. As I said, he'll get a very brief run as a babyface, but I'm expecting he'll be trimmed from the roster before long. Otherwise, Bundy & Adias stay in the group, and are joined by Villano III and Brody.

-In addition to the advertised match bug, we were hurt by the mediocre Adams/Kevin main event. I think part of that was that the win was "tainted" by Kevin grabbing the tights for leverage. This is still 1984, and WCCW is still old-school enough where they don't like seeing the faces cheat. But I wanted Adams to save a little face there.

-I can't believe Parsons and Kabuki delivered such a great rating with their short "match". I think what worked there was that I set it to "overbook", as well as "work the crowd", and those two guys both have pretty good entertainment stats. So the fans were into the story.

-I'm not exactly sure where this Roberts angle is going, but I'm imaging comedic, over-the-top, "born again" antics that the fans aren't buying.

-I'm pretty sure the pre-show segment was my first "A" rating for a promo. Too bad it was on the pre-show. I just wanted one extra storyline step for the show, and the main show was jam-packed

Last edited by molson : 08-16-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #377
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Chris Adams, King Kong Bundy, and Bruiser Brody were exhausted after the last show.

-The TV show gets a 0.45 rating. That's the lowest rating yet on our current TV deal. I guess that's the result of the "C" rating.

-David Von Erich has officially outlived his real-life counterpart. Jimmy Snuka is still the only guy to die so far in this dynasty.

-The Great Kabuki, Steve Armstrong, and Bobby Eaton are again complaining about their pushes.

-Jaques Rougeau & The Dynamite Kid won the vacant IWA Tag Team Championship.

-Koko B. Ware and Jimmy Garvin have started a tag team in Maple Leaf Wrestling.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

as far as storylines...i just run pretty much everything as an unchained storyline. that might change at some point, but right now it's easiest and doesn't really hamper my enjoyment at all. still can take me a while to setup a show, but that's because I can be a bit of a perfectionist and over-booker and tend to carry a bloated roster.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #379
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
as far as storylines...i just run pretty much everything as an unchained storyline. that might change at some point, but right now it's easiest and doesn't really hamper my enjoyment at all. still can take me a while to setup a show, but that's because I can be a bit of a perfectionist and over-booker and tend to carry a bloated roster.

That's definitely easier, the only reason I don't do that is that I think I would burn out on the dynasty quick if I had to keep coming up with ideas for stuff. With the DOTT storylines (and there's a ton of them), I have the skeleton in place, all I have to do is punch it up a little as I'm writing.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #380
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's definitely easier, the only reason I don't do that is that I think I would burn out on the dynasty quick if I had to keep coming up with ideas for stuff. With the DOTT storylines (and there's a ton of them), I have the skeleton in place, all I have to do is punch it up a little as I'm writing.

true. well i just usually let the descriptions stay the generic ones unless i have a point i want to get across.

btw...look for the return of my MACW 1983 dynasty...after our 3-person game fell apart I kept playing in that world, so I'm going to try to shoehorn that history into the one I already had going on before the 3-person game.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #381
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, February 1984
Mitchell, SD (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,717. Ticket prices: Default Price
Actual Attendance: 1,746

-Bruiser Brody did not make it to South Dakota and is nowhere to be found. This is the second time in this dynasty a wrestler simply hasn't shown up (the last was Chris Adams, who had a legitimate travel issue). With Brody, and his "free spirit" attitude in the game, I'm assuming he's just blowing us off. That will kill the rating of tonight's show, as I had advertised him against recent Gary Hart castoff Great Kabuki.

Pre-Show Dark Match
-Nikita Koloff defeats Scott Armstrong in 5:46 by pinfall. (D+). Just before the match ends, with Koloff in control, Boris Malenko lights a cigar at ringside. After the match, Malenko grabs a mic and explains that it was his "victory cigar", and that he expects to light many more of them to come. (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell & Iceman Parsons defeat Villanos IV and V in 7:41 when Landell made Villano IV submit. (D+) Parsons seemed off his game.

-Bill Mercer interviews Mike Von Erich, who will be wrestling in the first match tonight, his first appearance in a WCCW ring since Buddy Roberts injured his leg about a month ago. (D-)

-Mike Von Erich defeats Al Perez in 4:40 by submission. (D+)

-Terry Funk comes to the ring and grabs a mic. He gives a lengthy 10 minute promo establishing himself as a face. He says the reason he missed the January Star Wars show is that someone from Hart Limited slashed his tires at the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo. He says Gary Hart was pissed off that Funk refused to sign with him, and thus arranged for Bruiser Brody to get the slot against Manny Fernandez that night instead. Funk says that Brody isn't in the building tonight, so instead, he's arranged a match with the biggest member of Hart Limited, King Kong Bundy. Funk also puts over the fans in Mitchell, SD, and talks about the bars there that he frequented this weekend. (B-)

-Brian Adias defeated former Hart Limited ally The Great Kabuki in 7:44 by pinfall with a pair of brass knuckles to Kabuki's face. (C-). This is the second straight match Adias has pulled off this particular "strategy".

-Roddy Piper comes out to the ring. As the set for Piper's Pit is being set up, he hypes his match at Mexican Invasion with Adrian Adonis. (C+). Piper's Pit begins, and Piper introduces his guest, Michael Hayes. Hayes and Piper trade barbs for a while, and then Hayes hypes Bob Backlund's match with World Champion David Von Erich at Mexican Invasion. Hayes says after the match, he'll be the world champion per his agreement with Backlund, and he won't even have to break a sweat. (B-)

-Terry Funk defeated King Kong Bundy in 8:19 by DQ when Adias interferred on behalf of Bundy. (C). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Roddy Piper defeated Frank Dusek in 6:53 by submission. (C-)

-Kevin Von Erich comes out to hype his upcoming match with Bob Backlund. Kevin says he knows Backlund has had David's number, and that last week at the TV show, he also beat Kerry. Kevin states that if Backlund's looking past him tonight, he's in for a big surprise. (C+)

-Bob Backlund then comes out and hypes his match with Kevin. (C-). He also hypes his match with David at Mexican Invasion, and reaffirms his promise to hand over the belt to Hayes when he wins it. (B)

-Bob Backlund defeated Kevin Von Erich in 23:36 by pinfall. (B).

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-Excellent show in our return to the midwest, we'd be looking at a B or B- if Brody had shown up.

-There's a reason Brody never got a lot of major title runs in his career, he's not reliable. If we're able to re-sign him after his second 3-month contract is done with us in a few weeks, he's in line for a HUGE monster push. He's already "killed" Manny, and he's lined up to kill of some more talent in the weeks and months to come.

-Backlund and Kevin were given almost 25 minutes, the main event slot, and a chance to carry the crowd, and they delivered. In the midwest, a card headlining Backlund can't miss - he's huge there, and I only need a C+ show to increase my popularity in that region. Backlund's match with Kevin was better than his match with Kerry last week.

-A B- Piper's Pit segment in the midwest is a pretty good sign, since this isn't one of Piper's big regions. Of course, he had the one guy in our company that can match witts with him in that kind of environment, Michael Hayes.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #382
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Brody has no excuse for his no-show, and he didn't tell anyone ahead of time. I can't afford to suspend him, so he's fined.

-King Kong Bundy is the only guy complaining of exhaustion after the last show. Not surprising, since Bundy's working for 4 companies right now. It's a big opportunity for him to improve - he's wrestled 10 matches in just over 2 weeks in February.

-I checked my own "user relationships" for the first time, and it turns out that I'm disliked by Kevin Von Erich and Waldo Von Erich, and that Jim Duggan hates me. Kevin's probably pissed off about the time I disciplined him for being late to some shows. His contract only has 6 more weeks on it, so hopefully his loyalty to his dad is stronger than his dislike for me.

Last edited by molson : 08-16-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #383
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 3, February 1984
Abilene, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ricky Morton & Mike Von Erich drew with Frank Dusek & Doug Somers in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C-) Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. Somers was limited from his injury. Ricky Morton stood out.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Steve Armstrong defeated Super Kendo in 5:56 by pinfall. (C)

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with his newest "Hart Limited" stable lineup after the chaos of last week - Bruiser Brody, Villano III, Brian Adias, and King Kong Bundy. Hart puts over the group. Hart puts over Chris Adams as having a great future, but says he just wasn't able to step up last week when it matterd most, so he's been released from his contract with Hart. Hart insults Terry Funk again, calling him an unstable lunatic, and hypes Bruiser Brody's main event match tonight with The Great Kabuki (another guy who "couldn't get it done"). (C). Eventually, Terry Funk comes running out to ring with his barbed wire-baseball bat again, ready to take on the entire stable. At first, he has some success, but eventually, he's overwhelmed, and a 4-1 beating results. (B). David and Kevin, returning the favor from last week when Funk made the save for them, come to the ring and help Funk fend off Hart Limited. (B).

-Nikita Koloff defeats Owen Hart in 2:40 by pinfall in a dominating victory. (C-). After the match, Boris Malenko and Koloff celebrate with the "victory cigar" Malenko had lit prior to the end of the match. (C+)

-A short video plays hyping some of the Mexican wrestlers that will be taking part in the Mexican Invasion show - Black Gordman, Fishman, Gran Markus Jr, and Ringo Mendoza. (E+)

-Fishman defeated Gran Markus Jr. in 8:46 by pinfall. (C+)

-Terry Funk defeated Brian Adias in 7:51 by countout when Adias retreated from the beating Funk was giving him. (B-)

-Backstage, Adrian Adonis, with Skandor Akbar by his side, hypes his Mexican Invasion match with Roddy Piper. (C).

-Chris Adams then comes out to the ring and grabs a mic. Adams says that he let Gary Hart down last week, but that his loss to Kevin Von Erich was just a speed bump in the way of his destiny. He declares himself a "free agent", and says that he's accepting bids from anyone who wants Chris Adams as their star client. (B-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin in 12:35 when Eaton pinned Garvin. (B-). The champs make their 4th title defense. After the match, the Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar hit the ring and attack Eaton and Koko. It's a brutal attack, spilling to the outside of the ring, and involving the ringside steps and announce tables. The announcers believe this is The Sheepherders attempt to "soften" the champs up for the title match at Mexican Invasion. (C-)

-Lance Russell attempts to interview The Great Kabuki about his upcoming match with Bruiser Brody. Kabuki doesn't make much sense though, speaking in single word sentences in a mixture of English and Japanese. The fans are into him though. (C+)

-Backstage, Gary Hart, with Bruiser Brody, hyped his upcoming match with The Great Kabuki. Hart says Kabuki will pay for all the times he sprayed the green mist at Hart, all in one violent and bloody end to his WCCW career. (B-)

-Bruiser Brody drew with The Great Kabuki in 18:03 by DDQ after the referee lost control of the wild brawl. (B+). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

Overall Show Rating: B- (The show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS:

-Solid show that will increase our popularity throughout the US.

-Tremendous main event - actually our best main event in about 6 weeks. And it comes as a surprise. Kabuki, who I assumed was on the way out, may have gained some time with this very entertaining brawl with Brody. His face rating may be low, but since most brawlers are heels, and brawlers match up best with other brawlers, a good babyface brawler can have value.

-I was also pleasantly surprised with Chris Adams' interview segment, which rated a B-. His momentum took a hit with his loss to Kevin last week, built he'll be pushed again. The plan is still for Lord Alfred Hayes to take him on as a client. With one of the two main British promotions going out business last year, there's also talent available for a potential British stable down the road (the most recognizable names are Finlay, Regal, and Taylor, who were all already wrestling in 1984, but there's also guys in their prime like Tony St. Claire and Sid Cooper, who never made a US splash in real life).

-I hate to see Terry Funk go next week, as he's peaking right now. I can't even "kill him off" at Mexican Invasion, since he has a potential conflict that night. His last show with us (for now) will be next week's TV taping. Tonight, he carries Brian Adias to Adias' best ever match.

-A third pleasant surprise was the C+ rating in the "Outside Mexicans" match. Most every Mexican wrestler has some overness in Texas, so it makes sense for me to use them occasionally, and it makes sense to target Mexico as my main foreign market.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the mexicans could kill off terry early, build up heat for mexican invasion?

oh...and I plan on giving tony st. Clair some degree of pushage in MACW
Old 08-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #385
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bruiser Brody is exhausted after the last show.

-An interesting new tag team has emerged in Maple Leaf Wresting - Bad News Allen and Bob Backlund.

-Villano IV is being hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star. He's still only 18 years old, and already competent in the ring.

-The TV show draws a 0.52 rating. That's our biggest rating in the last 5 weeks.

-Skandor Akbar will be happy, as I've re-signed his entire Destruction, Inc. stable (as all of their contracts were up in a few weeks). Luke Williams is back for 9 months and $1,325/show. Butch Williams signs for 9 months and $1,350/show. Adrian Adonis signs for 9 months at $1,875/show. For the Sheepherders, it's a modest rate of a couple hundred per show. For Adonis, it's a more significant raise of about $600/show. Which he deserves, he's been solid since he's been here.

-I make one last desperate attempt to negotiate with Terry Funk, but Fritz again caps me out, and it's doesn't happen. Funk officially calls of negotiations, and will finish his final two dates with us. His end in WCCW will be violent.

-My tag champs, Eaton and Koko, both complain again about their push as midcarders. So finally, I push them both up to the upper midcard position. (My booking team agrees with the move). For now, I don't move anyone down to midcard to take their place, but as always, I'll re-visit all that at the end of the month. Steve Armstrong, an "Opener", also complains about his push, but I don't see him as anything close to a lower midcarder, so he'll stay where he is. If he gets too pissed off, he can go off and find a job somewhere else.

-All-Star Wrestling in the UK is apparently about 25 years ahead of it's time, as Chic Cullen has failed a steroids test with them. I'm not sure the game relevance of that, except that Cullen is now a known steroids user (which makes him more vulnerable to injury and death - usually that "characteristic" is hidden).

-Dave "Fit" Finlay has signed with New Japan. He's only 25, but it positioning himself to be an international star, as he's now working for top companies in the UK, Germany, and Japan.

-I add David Von Erich to the booking team, joining Fritz, Akbar, and Gary Hart. I have no idea what effect this has in-game, but hopefully it makes David happy. He does have the highest "booker" rating of any of my active wrestlers, now that the Mantel brothers are gone.

Last edited by molson : 08-16-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #386
molson
General Manager

NEWS

Here's the currently advertised Mexican Invasion card:

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich v. Bob Backlund

Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware v. The Sheepherders

-Open Mask Challenge
Villano III v. Tiger Mask

-Hardcore Rules - No DQ, No Countout, Falls Count Anywhere
Bruiser Brody v. The Great Kabuki

-Adrian Adonis v. Roddy Piper

-Villanos IV and V v. Fishman & Ringo Mendoza

-Grand Markus Jr. v. Ricky Morton

-Black Gordman v. Mike Von Erich
Old 08-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #387
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, February 1984
San Antonio, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,676. Ticket prices: $4 over default

-One quiet roster move before tonight's show, Sunshine is officially removed as Iceman Parsons' valet. Sunshine has been hanging around Parsons at least since Parsons was teaming with Chris Adams, but he's fallen too far down on the roster to justify the expense of a manger. Sunshine is still the valet of David Von Erich, though she's been in the background for months now.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Nikita Koloff defeats Tommy Rodgers in 7:57 by pinfall. (C-). Koloff was off his game tonight. After the match, Boris Malenko (still smoking his victory cigar) hypes his client. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark match
King Kong Bundy defeats Owen Hart in 2:41 in a dominating victory. (C-). Bundy looked good. The two showed poor chemistry.

-As the show starts David, Kevin, and Kerry come to the ring. They again claim that the issues between them have been resolved, and that six-man tag titles have given them unity again. Kerry then says (somewhat ominously), that as long as the Von Erichs can keep those belts around their waists, they'll be on the same page. They then hype their title defense tonight against Bob Backlund, Michael Hayes, and Jimmy Garvin. The mention that the match will be an "six-man elimination match" (Survivor Series Rules) (B-)

-Tiger Mask defeats Super Kendo in 7:55 by pinfall. (C-). After the match, Tiger Mask hyped his Mexican Invasion match with Villano III. Tiger Mask again states that this isn't Japan v. Mexico, his him v. Villano III. (B-)

-Piper's Pit.
Roddy Piper's guest is WCCW World Heavyweight Champion, David Von Erich. David hypes his title defense against Bob Backlund later this week at Mexican Invasion. David says he feels Backlund is the toughest guy in WCCW, and he just can't believe that Backlund is willing to hand over the title to Hayes, should he win. David says we'll never know for sure whether Backlund will actually do that, because he's retaining the title on Wednesday night. (B-)

-Roddy Piper defeats Al Perez in 5:35 by submission. (C-). Perez was off his game. After the match, Piper hyped his Mexican Invasion match with Adrian Adonis. (C).

-The Sheepherders defeat Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton in 9:25 when Williams pinned Mike. (C). After the match, The Sheepherders attack Mike and Ricky further, and throw them from the ring. (D+). Skandor Akbar then hypes his team. Akbar says that while Gary Hart is getting all the attention lately, he still doesn't have a single champion in his stable. Akbar says that he'll have the tag titles after Mexican Invasion. (C+)

-Ted Dibiase defeated Fishman in 12:56 by pinfall. (B+) After the match, Dibiase taunts Fishman by shoving a $100 bill down his throat. (C)

-Bob Backlund, Michael Hayes, and Jimmy Garvin hype their upcoming title shot against the Von Erichs. (B-)

-Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
-Elimination Rules
The Von Erichs defeat Bob Backlund, Jimmy Garvin, and Michael Hayes in 14:46 to make their first defense of the titles. (C+) Kevin and Kerry Von Erich were the "survivors". Backlund and David looked good. Order of elimination was as follows:

1. David Von Erich (made to submit by Bob Backlund - passed out to the chicken-wing).
2. Jimmy Garvin (pinned by Kevin Von Erich).
3. Michael Hayes (made to submit by Kevin Von Erich).
4. Bob Backlund (counted out - after taking on Kevin and Kerry 2-1 for a while, he eventually decided to just leave the match).

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS;

-A somewhat disappointing overall rating, considering we were in Texas (where I consider a B- show "good" at this point)

-I really liked the storyline aspects of the main event (Backlund getting the better of David AGAIN, and embarrassing him into being the first elimination), but the match was pretty mediocre. They only delivered a C+, after scoring a B in their previous 6-man tag. Nobody in the match complained of exhaustion after the show, so the difference in rating wasn't fatigue. Strangely, that prior "B" match took place in Tennessee (of the 6 guys in the match, only Garvin is over more in the Southeast than he his in Texas).

-I had a feeling Fishman and Dibiase would steal the show, and they did. My only house rule in the dynasty (so far) is that loaned workers must not have a losing record with me. Since Fishman won in a tag match last week, I was able to feed him to Dibiase here. A Dibiase v. David feud should generate some great matches down the road.

-Piper and The Sheepherders were all "blah" once again. The Sheepherders are at least a very established team with an A+ team experience rating. Piper just isn't worth the money at all. Unless things change, he'll fade into the sunset (or into a table) after the Adonis feud is over.

-Nikita Koloff is getting a liitle bit of an undercard push, complete with his own storyline. (The cigar thing - eventually it will be used as a weapon). Koloff is still young and green, but I believe that in wrestling, you have to push some guys higher than their current talents would seem to allow to get them ahead.

Last edited by molson : 08-17-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #388
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-King Kong Bundy is exhausted after the last show. This is going to continue to be a problem for him.

-Villano III has left UWA, which is great news for me, as he now only works for us and New Japan. My "declaration of war" on UWA has apparently worked.

-Damn you Fritz!!! After letting me sign Bruiser Brody to 2 short-term contracts, Fritz is capping my offer on the third to an amount that Brody won't go for. (To be fair, Brody's looking for a huge raise). So Brody will be gone when his contract is up in 2 weeks. Brody and Funk are probably the two hottest stars in WCCW, and they'll both be gone shortly. Perhaps Fritz doesn't like the fact that I lost money last month. This month, we should be back in the black, so I'll give Brody a last-ditch negotiation attempt (though I'm not optimistic). Though this sucks, it creates an opportunity for certain guys in WCCW to step up (Villano III, Ted Dibiase, Tiger Mask, Adonis, Kevin, Kerry)

-Random Look at the top singles champions in every promotion in the Dynasty Universe:

Top Singles Championships, by Promotion: (Not including tournament championships)

NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Dusty Rhodes
WWF Heavyweight Champion: Junkyard Dog
AWA World Heavyweight Champion: Wahoo McDaniel.
National Heavyweight Champion (Georgia): The Spoiler
United States Heavyweight Champion (Mid-Atlantic): Greg Valentine
North American Heavyweight Champion (Mid-South): Mr. Wrestling II
NWA United National Heavyweight Champion (All Japan): Jumbo Tsuruta
International Heavyweight Champion (New Japan) Tatsumi Fujinami
World Middleweight Champion (Consejo): Ultraman
PNW Heavyweight Champion (Portland): Dutch Savage
CSW North American Heavyweight Champion (Stampede): Bret Hart
Southeastern Heavyweight Champion (SECW): Mr. Olympia
Southwest Heavyweight Champion (SWCW): Ricky Steamboat
World Light Heavyweight Champion (UWA): Canek
AGPW International Heavyweight Champion: Leo Burke
ASWUK Universal Champion: Mark Rocco
IWA International Heavyweight Champion: Gilles Poisson
CWA World Heavyweight Champion (Catch Wrestling - Germany) Otto Wanz
Central States Heavyweight Champion: Manny Fernandez
Canadian Heavyweight Champion (MLW): Adrian Adonis
Canadian Heavyweight Champion (ASW): Bob Brown
GLOW Crown: Matilda the Hun
World Women's Association Singles (All Japan Women): Dump Matsamoto
The Big Gold Belt (Houston): Masked Superstar
Universal Heavyweight Champion (WWA): David Schultz
POWW World Heavyweight Champion: Candi Devine
ICW World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Savage

-As far as I can tell, the longest reigning champions are Manny Fernandez (19 months), Randy Savage (26 months), Adrian Adonis (11 months), and Bret Hart (17 months). Of course, the relevant companies in those instances have only monthly shows, for the most part.

Last edited by molson : 08-17-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #389
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 4, February 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-This match will air later in the week, after the Mexican Invasion Show Tomorrow Night.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Nikita Koloff defeats Ringo Mendoza in 8:53 by pinfall. (C+) After the match, Boris Malenko comes to the ring, his victory cigar still lit, and celebrates with Koloff. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell & Iceman Parsons v. Villano IV and V in 4:29 when Landell made Villano IV submit. (D+) Parsons looked good.

-As the show starts, Gary Hart is leading his Hart Limited Stable to the ring. As they come to the ring, Lance Russell and Marc Lowerence narrate clips of a video package of the Terry Funk/Hart Limited feud to this point (specifically footage is shown of Funk's no-show against Manny Fernandez, Brody replacing him and destroying Fernandez, Funk attacking Hart Limited in the following weeks with his baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire). (B+) Gary Hart puts over the latest version of his stable: Brody, Bundy, Villano III, and Adias. He then turns his attention to Terry Funk. (C+). Brody loses his temper, and grabs the mic away. He says "let's finish this tonight", and challenges Terry Funk to a "loser leaves WCCW match". (B+). Funk emerges from the dressing room, once again carrying his baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. Hart Limited seems prepared for another brawl, but Funk stops short of the ring. Funk says he accepts the challenge on one condition - the match be hardcore rules, anything goes. Brody accepts (A).

-Mike Von Erich defeats Frank Dusek in 6:49 by submission. (D+). Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Buddy Roberts comes to the ring. He grabs a mic, and tells Mike that he's apologized to the fans already, and now he wants to apologize to Mike, face to face, for putting him out of action several months ago. He says that the guilt has overcome him ever since. He then offers a handshake, which Mike reluctantly accepts. Buddy then leaves the ring. (D+)

Kevin Von Erich defeats Jimmy Garvin in 11:47 by submission to make his 4th defense of the TV title. (B). The two showed great chemistry.

-The announcers say that the cameras have picked up something backstage. There, Mike Von Erich is seen being attended to by paramedics, the apparent victim of an attack. The announcers immediately implicate Roberts. (D+)

-Non-Title Match
David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 7:54 by DQ after Jimmy Garvin interfered in the match on Hayes' behalf. (B+)

-Loser Leaves WCCW Match
Bruiser Brody defeats Terry Funk in 27:14 with a powerbomb through a table. (B). The other members of Hart Limited interferred on behalf of Brody, before Kevin and David Von Erich came out to assist Funk. A wild brawl between the 7 men ensued - eventually Hart Limited overcame Funk and Von Erichs, and Funk was defeated. After the match, Funk got back to his feet to an ovation from the the crowd. With the Von Erichs by his side, he thanks the WCCW fans, apologies for the loss, and promises he'll be back someday. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B- (The show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS:

-Some really strong stuff here, I thought the show deserved at least a B.

-The Funk/Brody stuff is the hottest angle in the company, and now it's all done because of Fritz's restrictions (and more indirectly, perhaps my financial mis-management). "B"-rated shows have been elusive - I hand 5 or 6 towards the end of last year, but only 1 so far this year (the first show the year, in Jacksonville of all places)

-Brody's challenge promo rated a B+, and Funk's acceptance promo was an A. After that, the match (which got a ton of time), was somewhat disappointing at a B. The Von Erichs must be happy, as their spot as top WCCW faces has lost the threat of Terry Funk. They have their daddy to thank for that.

-Random Hayes/David match here outside of the main event, because I didn't want to showcase the world title here, since this match isn't airing until after Mexican Invasion. This was the 11th 1-on-1 match between David and Hayes since the dynasty began, and this one tied for the highest rated, at B+ (their last B+ match was last May)

-Kevin and Garvin are also always guaranteed to have a solid match (at relatively cheap cost)

-I don't expect the Buddy/Mike stuff to be highly rated, this is more "on screen training" for Mike.

-The Kerry angle is temporarily "on hold", but it hasn't really ended. Kerry's still the black sheep of the family, and he's not participating in the "Von Erich rescue run-ins". He was on the verge of quitting, so the brothers worked to get the six-man-tag titles to give Kerry a reason to stay. As long as they have those, things will be relatively stable. But the brewing distance between the brothers has been in place since the King of Texas Wrestling tournament last May - almost a year ago now.

Last edited by molson : 08-18-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #390
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Terry Funk is officially gone from WCCW

-Bruiser Brody has re-signed with Central States Wrestling. He also still works for All Japan, so he's in no shortage of paydays once he (probably) leaves us in few weeks. Interestingly, he's a regular opponent of Manny Fernandez in CSW, the guy he just destroyed here.

-Bruiser Brody is exhausted after the last show. So his match at Mexican Invasion against Kabuki will be somewhat limited.

-My road agent thinks Gary Hart is stale in his current role. Which kind of sucks, the only remedy for that is to turn him face, which obviously, I don't want to do right now. So he'll stay stale for a while longer.

-Roddy Piper arrived late to the last show. This isn't the first time for him, I believe I've suspended him in the past. Since I need him tomorrow night, he's fined.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:51 AM   #391
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Mexican Invasion
Wednesday, Week 4, February 1983
Monterrey, Mexico. (Tiniest Venue)
Expected Attendance: 449; Ticket Prices: $3 over default
Actual Attendance: 300 (Sold Out)

-Gary Hart is booked elsewhere tonight, which isn't a huge problem.

-For reference purpose, our popularity in Northern Mexico is 30.0% (E+ in the game). That's the highest of any foreign region for us, but it's VERY low, which means a VERY small crowd, and VERY low ratings expectations (but a chance to improve popularity quickly). I think in real life, WCCW and the Von Erichs would probably sell out arenas all over places like Mexico and Israel for rare shows there, but that's a difficult phenomenon to include in a game. In TEW, you don't go to foreign venues to make money short-term, you do it to increase your overness there so you can eventually reach "international" status.

-This is a 2-hour show (the standard, non-monthly show is 90 minutes)

-This is (obviously) a Spanish-speaking audience, so only the Spanish speakers are getting mic time, to avoid the "language penalty" (Aside from the obvious guys, Tiger Mask and Gary Hart speak "passable" Spanish, and Arman Husein is fluent.)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Black Gordman drew with Tommy Rodgers in 10:00 when the time limit expired. The two showed good chemistry (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Owen Hart defeats Al Perez in 5:52 by pinfall. (D-)

-Grand Markus Jr. hyped his upcoming match with Ricky Morton (D-).

-Grand Markus Jr. drew with Ricky Morton in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C-),

-Fishman & Ringo Mendoza hyped their upcoming with Villano IV and V. (D+)

-Fishaman & Ringo Mendoza defeated Villanos IV and V in 11:34 when Fishman pinned Villano V. (C+). Fishman looked good.

-Roddy Piper drew with Adrian Adonis in 15:00 when the time limit expired (B-). The two showed good chemistry. After the match, Roddy Piper went over to Adonis and offered a handshake. (E+). Adonis reluctantly accepts, but as soon as he turned his back, was attacked by Piper. (E+). The two brawled around ringside for a few minutes.

The Sheepherders defeat Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton in 6:48 when Williams pinned Ware to win the World Tag Team Titles. Ware & Eaton were obviously not at full strength, after having been attacked by The Sheepherders last week. (C+). After the match, The Sheepherders celebrate in the ring with their belts, along with Skandor Akbar (E)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship
Bob Backlund defeats David Von Erich 11:41 by pinfall to win the World Heavyweight Championship. (B). Michael Hayes was at ringside, but did not interfere with the match - this was a clean victory. After the match, Michael Hayes jumps into the ring to celebrate - it appears he's expecting Backlund to hand over the belt right there. But Backlund ignores him, and celebrates with the belt. The two argue on the way back to the locker room - with Backlund still holding the belt. (D)

-No DQ, No Countouts, Falls Count Anywhere.
The Great Kabuki defeats Bruiser Brody in 0:05 by pinfall. Immediately when the bell rang, Kabuki caught Brody off-guard with green mist to the face, and quickly got the surprising pinfall. (C+)

-Tiger Mask hyped his upcoming match with Villano III to a mixed reaction from the fans. He says that Villano III has disgraced Mexico, and he will embarrass him tonight in his home country. (C+). Villano III hyped the match as well, and says that he will prove the superiority of Mexican wrestling to Japanese wrestling (B-)

-Open Mask Challenge Match. (If Villano III is pinned or submits, he must remove his mask)
Tiger Mask defeats Villano III in 15:35 by DQ after Villano, in desperation, hits Tiger Mask with a ringside chair. After a few more chair shots, Villano III tries to remove Tiger Mask's mask. After a long struggle, Tiger Mask recovers, and throws Villano III from the ring, before leaving the ringside area himself. (B-)

THOUGHTS

-A home-run show quality-wise (though it was a huge money loser). My popularity in Mexico increases from 30.0% to 30.7%, which is the largest 1-show increase I've ever seen. And taking a quick look at my workers' regional popularity, pretty much everyone on tonight's card has noticeable popularity increases in Northern Mexico.

-I know, the Villano/Tiger Mask ending was a bit of a cop-out, but this is 1984, and this storyline has only just begun. I'm not blowing off the angle in front of 300 people in Mexico.

-We have about 2 weeks to job Brody out. I'm not sure exactly HOW he'll leave (or even if we have an "ending"), but he'll definitely have a loss or two to some people that could use the momentum.

-There's a new world champ, as Bob Backlund ends David's 2 1/2 month reign in convincing fashion. Backlund, however, didn't immediately hand over the belt to Hayes, as he promised. Tune in next time.

-New tag champs as well - The Sheepherders are finally on top after about 8 months in the company.

-The shocking result of the night was Adonis and Piper getting a B- rating for their time limit draw. Neither guy were known in Mexico. Luckily, they have great chemistry, which is great, since this feud isn't close to being over. If they can get a B- in Mexico, A- in the USA doesn't seem out of the question.

-There were a lot of time limit draws tonight, that was largely because of the loaned workers I was using, and my house rule that a loaned worker can't have a losing worker while he's with us. (So Gordman, who's only with us for this show, had to either win or draw. And Grand Markus had to draw with Morton, because he already lost to Fishhman last week - Markus will have to win his 3rd and final match with us).
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 AM   #392
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Some interesting injury news coming out of Mexican Invasion. First, Bruiser Brody somehow suffered a ruptured spleen in his 5 second match with Great Kabuki (either that, or Invader I was hanging around Monterrey last night). He's out of action for about 3 months. Of course, his contract with us is up next week, so the timing isn't too bad. Hopefully in 3 months, his financial demands are more reasonable, and we can bring him back. But for now, Brody's last apperance with WCCW was lying in the middle of the ring, blinded by Kabuki's green mist after losing a 5 second match.

-Villano III came down with what is being called "Minor Food Poisoning" (AKA bad Mexican Food?). He can work through it, but will be limited until it clears up. Hopefully it will be just a couple of days, but Doug Sommers has been limited by migraines for more than a month now, so you never know.

-Bob Backlund is exhausted after last night's show. He's been wrestling about 4 matches a week between his 3 employers.

-Fishman and Black Gordman have completed their loan contracts. Gran Markus Jr. and Ringo Mendoza have 1 appearance left each. Per house rule, Markus has to win his final match, Mendoza can either win or draw.

-Big surprise in the WWF, as former WCCW wrestler "Wild" Bill Irwin defeated The Junkyard Dog to win the WWF Heavyweight Championship. JYD managed 29 title defenses, and a 6 month-regin before the loss. WWF is extremely face-heavy right now, and there's a wide variety of challengers for his title (I expect one of them to take the belt quickly) - Zbyszko, Morales, Orndorff, Slaughter, or Hogan.

-The TV show delivered a 0.53 rating, which ties our highest rating ever since getting the national slot.

-Fortunately, Villano III's food poisoning has now cleared up, only a few days after it set in.

-Steve Armstrong complains again that he wants a better push. I'm about ready to push him out the door.

-A number of wrestlers debut as March, 1984 begins: Justin Liger, The Undertaker, and Steve Doll. I haven't seen any of these newly debuted wrestlers sign with anyone yet (except for me). Hopefully they don't just sit on the sideline forever. I request negotiations with Liger, because he appears to be incredibly advanced for a 19-year (at first glance, he could be in our midcard immediately).

Last edited by molson : 08-19-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #393
Tellistto
College Prospect

Good stuff, molson! Awesome debut show in Mexico, that. Can't blame you on the Tiger Mask v Villano III either, didn't expect it to end there with those two.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #394
JeffNights
College Prospect

I'm pissed, I was looking forward to Villano III's new name. Boo!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #395
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF FEBRUARY, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 65.4% (Down from 65.7% last month)
-Midwest: 57.4% (Up from 56.9% last month)
-Southeast: 37.7% (up from 35.7% last month)
-Great Lakes: 34.8% (up from 33.2% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 34.8% (up from 33.2% last month)
-New England: 34.8% (up from 33.2% last month)
-North West: 34.8% (up from 33.2% last month)
-Tri-State: 34.8% (up from 33.2% last month)
-Southwest: 34.7% (up from 33.1% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 33.6% (up from 32.0% last month)
-Northern Mexico: 30.7% (up from 30.0% last month)

-The gap between Midwest and Texas popularity continues to close. I wouldn't mind that so much if I could figure out a way to keep Texas popularity stable. Eventually, I'll be able to run tv tapings out of the midwest as well, without taking on a penalty. That would be useful because right now, if a guy's not over in Texas, he has limited value for me, since that's the only place it makes sense to run tv tapings.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 513,120 (547,456)
Sponsors: 76,601 (77,813)
Merchandise: 20,480 (14,640)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 306,099 (286,150)
Show Costs: 97,700 (106,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 42,920 (35,888)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 152,624 (159,491)

Total Profit: $-89,152 ($-51,120)
Cash in Bank: $778,929 (870,981)

-Biggest monthly lost ever, largely due to the largest worker bill ever. Not surprising, since I ran less shows in Texas than usual, ran that Mexico show that lost a ton of money, and featured three of the most expensive guys on the roster (Brody, Funk, and Piper) almost every week.

-This is the lowest amount of money I've had in the bank since the first month of the dynasty, and obviously I can't be losing $90k a month for too much longer. I still feel like I can tighten up and generate a profitable month at any time, but it's not going to be THIS month. At the end of the month, Fritz' 2 year-1 owner goals expire. I will easily make both (Cannot drop below $225k at any time, Cannot drop below Cult status at any time). So, I don't want to have a huge month financially now, and then have Fritz tell me I can't drop below that amount for the rest of the year. It will be interesting to see what I'm up against when the new owner goals come out. My only existing "Block" extends for another year still - I can't sign any wrestler with a grade of less than C- in Resilience. Of course, the huge "death block" for WCCW is if Fritz tells me I can't sign or re-sign anyone with a drug problem. That would mean everyone eventually leaves except Bob Backlund, pretty much.

-I've been tossing around the idea of splitting off a "minor brand" that runs weekly 30 minute "B" shows, focusing on one region of the country. (TEW allows WWE-style "brand splits"). It would have maybe 7 or 8 cheap young workers, and 1 or 2 over the hill veterans that have some overness in whatever region I pick. The shows wouldn't have to be good to increase popularity in the region, and could possibly even make money. Once that "B Crew" bumped popularity in that region as far as they could, say to 45-50%, they move on to another region and do the same thing. I might try that out this month.

Last edited by molson : 08-19-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #396
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of Februrary, 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 84.7% Prestige (Up from 83.7% Last Month)
Main Event Title
Bob Backlund (Newly Crowned)

-Television Champion - 61.0% Prestige (up from 59.5% last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin Von Erich - 4 Title Defenses, 7-week reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 63.0% Prestige (Up from 61.6% Last Month)
Midcard Title
The Sheepherders (Newly Crowned)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
David, Kevin, and Kerry Von Erich - 1 title defense, 1 month-reign

-There's two potential new championships on the horizon. First, would be a Cruiserweight Title, operating as a lower-card championship. It would have a maximum weight limit of "lightweight" or lower, and would be contested by guys in the midcard or lower. On my roster, that would include: Steve Armstrong, Tommy Rodgers, Ricky Morton, Owen Hart, Buddy Landell, Brian Adias, and Villanos IV and V.

-And if I go ahead with my "minor brand" idea, I'll give that group their own top championship (either the "WCCW Mexican Heavyweight Champion", or the "WCCW Northwest heavyweight Champion", or whatever).
Old 08-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #397
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF FEBRUARY, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Backlund/Hayes v. David; recently evolved, now based on Zybszco/Orndorff feud in Georgia, (David, Backlund, Hayes, Fritz; September)
2. Villano III mask challenge; (Villano III, Kerry, Tiger Mask; October)
3. Piper v. Adonis (Adonis, Piper; December)
4. Koloff/Malenko v. Morton (Malenko, Koloff, Morton, Russell; February)
5. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
5. Kevin v. Buddy (Kevin/Roberts, now evolved to include Mike/Garvin/Mercer; August)

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Ted Dibiase, Chris Adams, The Great Kabuki, Iceman Parsons, King Kong Bundy, Buddy Landell, Doug Sommers, Frank Dusek, Brian Adias.

-The Hayes/Backlund/David storyline is back where it belongs, on top as WCCW's hottest angle. It's been going on, under one form or another, for 6 months.

-It's still not the longest feud though - The Kevin/Buddy feud, which now involves Mike, and is soon to involve Garvin as well, has been going on since August (7 months total).

-I'll probably wait for the all of the above angles to end before a change the company's direction (and start some new ones). "The Von Erichs Implode" will be a possibility at that point.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (WWF; Sun, Thu, 3rd Sun)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, 2nd Sat)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu, 3rd Sun)

-With Brody and Funk gone, the conflicts are down to just 3. And since the only Saturday night conflict this month will be Gary Hart in week 2, I'm going to run my big monthly event "Last Man Standing", on the last Saturday of the month.

-The conflict issues are much less than the dynasty began. At the moment, WCCW is viewed as the 3rd most prestigious promotion in the world, behind only the WWF and Mid-Atlantic (I've recently surpassed All-Japan).

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-Rhese are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

Al Perez
Bill Mercer
Brian Adias
The Sheepherders
David Manning
Doug Somers
David Von Erich
Frank Dusek
Fritz Von Erich
Iceman Parsons
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
Mike Von Erich
Nikita Koloff
Owen Hart
Precious
Steve Armstrong
Sunshine
Ted Dibiase
The Great Kabuki
Tommy Rodgers
Villano IV
Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Bobby Eaton is unhappy about his push
-Chris Adams is unhappy about the number of shows he hasn't be used on
-Doug Sommers in unhappy about the number of shows he hasn't been used on
-Ricky Morton is unhappy about his push
-Steve Armstrong is unhappy about his push

-Bobby Eaton is now looking for a main event push. I don't see him as anywhere close to that, so he might stay disgruntled for a while.

-Kevin and Kerry, who were unhappy with the backstage atmosphere last month, seem to be in a better mood now.

-Bill Mercer is also happier. He's still only scheduled to work half the shows (it's possible I accidentally left him in for a TV taping or two)
-This is the first time I've seen the "backstage atmosphere" complaint that Kerry and Kevin are giving - I wonder if this has something to do with them showing up for shows late, and Kerry's suspension, or if it's just a product of so many people being pissed off.

-Ricky Morton's been unhappy for a while now, but I'm not going to push him above the midcard. Same with Steve Armstrong, who I'm not going to push beyond lower midcard. My understanding that morale can effect both performance, and willingness to resign - so if I have to make cuts, those guys will get a good look.

Last edited by molson : 08-19-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #398
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF FEBRUARY, 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Roddy Piper
Ted Dibiase
Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Adrian Adonis
Tiger Mask

-Brody and Funk are gone, Hayes is demoted from the group (largely as a result of a numbers game, hopefully he'll be back soon). Tiger Mask and Adonis get promoted.

-I'm losing patience with Piper, but with all the money I'm putting into him, and the solid match he had with Adonis in Mexico, he gets at least another month. Adonis started as a main eventer, and now, after 6 or 7 months, he's back. He's been a consistent performer all along - hopefully this feud with Piper launches both of them.

-Will all the glowing reviews I've given Villano III, Tiger Mask actually gets the main event push first. The two are very similar, but Tiger Mask is a little more explosive, exciting, he's flashier, and he's a little more over in the US as whole.

-It's hard to believe David's run in the first year of the dynasty cost me only $1,000/show. That's less than I pay Precious, Ricky Morton, Arman Hussein, or Buddy Landell. Unfortunately, that sweet contract is up this month. It'll be interesting to see what kind of raise David will want.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Chris Adams
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Villano III
Buddy Roberts
Michael Hayes
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware

-Adonis and Tiger Mask got promoted up from this group, while Hayes was promoted down. Ware and Eaton get promoted up from the midcard.

-Eaton actually wants to be a main eventer, and my booking team agrees. I don't quite see it quite yet, but it's good to see him impressing everyone so much.

-Chris Adams is at a career crossroads of sorts after being dumped by Hart. Hopefully he clicks with his new manager. His contract is up this month also. I plan to re-sign him unless his demands are ridiculous.

MIDCARDERS

Jim Garvin
The Great Kabuki
Ricky Morton
The Sheepherders
Iceman Parsons
King Kong Bundy
Buddy Landell

-Koko and Eaton were promoted up from this group, everyone else remains the same as last month.

-Kabuki's in an interesting position. He's a former main event heel, now pushed all the way down to the midcard. On top of that, he was subject to a face turn, with the intention that he'd be phased out. Then all of the sudden, he has a very impressive few weeks in January. At 39 years old, he's still a question mark, but he'll be given a chance to show what he has left.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Nikita Koloff
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich
Tommy Rodgers

-Tommy Rodgers moves up to the lower midcard, Doug Sommers is bumped down.

-Rodgers didn't necessarily do anything to deserve the promotion, but I needed another face up here, and he has some promise.

-Nikita Koloff is getting a pretty good push right now alongside Boris Malenko, and he could easily be in the midcard. There's just don't see him bumping any of the current midcard heels just yet.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
Al Perez
Doug Sommers
Villano V

-I've decided to fire Scott Armstrong. He was OK for an 18-year old, but I'm not going to have anybody that low on the roster constantly bitching. He finishes his (first?) WCCW run with a record of 2-7.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Villano IV

-Same two guys as last month. Owen is clearly the bottom guy on the WCCW totem pole right now, but he's already shown some modest improvement.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Precious
Boris Malenko
Sunshine
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-Same group as last month minus Harry Frehley, whose I contract I let expired.

-We could still use another road agent, and perhaps a face manager, so I sent some negotiation requests out to some candidates.

Last edited by molson : 08-20-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #399
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, March 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,676. Ticket prices: $4 over default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeats Steve Armstrong in 6:13 by submission. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ringo Mendoza drew with Frank Dusek in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C)

-Non-title match
The Sheepherders defeat Owen Hart & Tommy Rodgers in 5:29 when Miller pinned Hart. (C-). Miller seemed off his game. After the match, Skandor Akbar hyped his team - the new WCCW World Tag Team Champions. Akbar says that while Gary Hart is getting all the attention lately, Akbar has the gold to prove he's the top manager in WCCW. (C)

-Iceman Parsons hyped his upcoming match with Nikita Koloff, promising to "bring the big Russian back to earth". (C-)

-Nikita Koloff defeats Iceman Parsons in 8:43 by pinfall. (C+) Right before the end of the match, Boris Malenko lit his victory cigar. After the match, Malenko celebrated in the ring with Koloff. (C)

-Adrian Adonis comes to the ring, where his "Bachelor Pad" talk show set is being set up. He grabs a mic and talks about Roddy Piper, how the timekeeper's clock at Mexican Invasion must have been on "Mexican Time", since there's no way Piper can hang with Adonis for 15 minutes. Adonis says he's not done with Piper yet, and won't rest until he pins him in the middle of the ring. (C-). After the set is setup, Adonis says that tonight, he's scooping Piper's Pit again, because he has the man in the middle of the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Controversy - Bob Backlund comes to the ring. Adonis asks Backlund the question - will he surrender the title to Michael Hayes? Backlund says he intended to hand the belt over that night. But when the referee handed him the belt, he remembered what it was like to feel like a champion. He points out that there's only been a couple of months over the last 6 years that he hasn't been a world champion. Suddenly, Michael Hayes hits the ring, and demands an explanation. He keeps yelling "we had a deal!". The argument escalates, with Adonis trying to play peacemaker. The segment ends with no resolution. (B-)

-Chris Adams hyped his upcoming match with Tiger Mask, as well as his "free agency" and search for a new manager. Adams claims he's had offers form managers all over the world. (B-)

-Tiger Mask defeated Chris Adams in 11:33 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Tiger Mask grabbed a mic and demanded a rematch with Villano III. Tiger Mask said that to get such a rematch, he'd put his own mask on the line as well - it would be mask v. mask. (B)

-David Von Erich came to the ring and hyped his title rematch against Bob Backlund tonight. He says it's been a long week since he lost the world title. He says that he's glad Backlund decided not to give the belt to Hayes, because he wants to regain it tonight. (B+)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Bob Backlund drew with David Von Erich in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (B). Backlund makes his first defense of the title. At one point, David appeared to have the match won with an Iron Claw, but Michael Hayes helped Backlund reach the ropes. The match suffered because of a lack of selling. After the match, Hayes entered the ring, and berated Backlund more. He tells Backlund that he just saved the title for him, and demands he make good on his promise to hand over the title. Backlund appears ready to attack Hayes, but then Hayes says he's going to sue Backlund for every penny he has, telling him that if he has the guts to show up at the tv taping tomorrow night, he'll be served a subpoena.

THOUGHTS:

-Strong show to start the month, but I just can't get passed the B- rating lately.

-It seems like my angles either end right when they're getting started (Brody/Funk), or drag on forever (Hayes/Backlund/David). At least we're unpredictable.

-At this point, even a time limit draw with Backlund is a moral victory for David. Odd though, that tonight's match had the same rating that the Mexican Invasion show. I gave them free reign to "call the match on the fly", and it appears that hurt the quality somewhat.

-I knew Tiger Mask/Chris Adams would be good, but I was psyched that both guys' promo reached at least B-.

-This was Steve Armstrong's last show with us, so he does the job to Al Perez.

Last edited by molson : 08-20-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #400
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bob Backlund is understandably exhausted after the last show. Unfortunately, I've advertised him v. David again for the TV taping tomorrow night. That match will be shorter than tonights.

-One of the longest reigning champions was dethroned, as Kevin Sullivan defeated Randy Savage for the ICW Heavyweight Title. Savage had held the title for over 2 years. It's too bad he's still stuck in his father's promotion (which only runs monthly shows).

Last edited by molson : 08-20-2007 at 11:07 PM.