Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #201
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Before I move onto the next season: A quick look at my old team:

Nicholls State finished 10-21.

Spencer led them in scoring with 11.7 ppg, Lloyd was 2nd with 11.3 ppg and Bose was 3rd with 11.2 ppg. No one else hit double digits. Lloyd led the team with 7.2 rpg. Spencer was their only 3 point threat. He shot 34% from the arc. Bose shot 44% from the field which lead their team. Pekkola lead the team in assists with 5 per game.

Back to our recruiting:

I think I have convinced Mani Shannon to walk on at our school. He is 6'9 250 pounds and he is a 2 star center. He is from Parma, Ohio. He averaged 7 ppg and 7.1 rpg at the summer camps. He is ranked 64th in the nation among centers and we are his top choice. He is a very fast big man who specializes in stealing the ball. He doesn't currently have any scholarship offers and the other considerations are Richmond, CCU, and LW. Unfortunately, Richmond offers him a scholarship in the last week and he goes there.

Florida had the top class with 3 5 star players, 1 4 star player, and 1 3 star player.

Other strong classes: Maryland, Xavier, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin, Louisville, Arizona, UNLV, Syracuse, Washington, and VT.

I decide to attend at least part of the ABL to go after Donny Grove. He is a 6'5 201 pound SG from Westland, Michigan who is a 4 star player. I have very little shot at him, but the kid is an incredible shooter who is interested in our program and I feel compelled to pursue him.

Grove puts up 26 in his first game and I only watched 5 minutes. I saw everything I needed to see. This kid is going to be a huge star, and I probably have zero shot at him. I'll continue to pursue, but he is being pursued by Kentucky, Michigan, and Illinois among others.

Next up is a look at the roster.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #202
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

PG's:

Freshman Everett Huffman is everything I could hope for! Solomon was rated 69 overall when he graduated. Everett is rated 68 on day 1 and he is only going to get better. The only knock is his size at 5'9 180. However, our scouts think he has the potential to gain a few inches and the potential to become a much better player. As it is, he is MUCH faster than Solomon ever was. In fact, he will match up with speed for any player we faced this year! I didn't expect that at all! He doesn't have the best first step, but it's not bad. He is a very good defender already. He is a decent passer, not great, but decent. He is a good 3 point shooter and ok from other ranges. He is also a surprisingly good rebounder for his size. Basically, he'll fit the role I want him to play perfectly. He's our day 1 starter and should be a 4 year starter, more than likely.

Senior Casey Shaw played last year once Solomon went down. Rated 56 overall he'll play only a few minutes in garbage unless we have injuries. Does have decent size at 6'3 200.

Senior Walk-on Bobby Moran is 6'1 185. Rated 56 overall. No strengths. Shouldn't play much at all.

Junior Walk-on J.B. Bridgewater. 6'1 180. Rated 48 overall and will never see the court.

SG's:

Senior Hodari Chatman is one of my big 3 seniors. Rated 75 overall. He has improved his speed and is the quickest, most athletic guy on the team. Excellent finisher around the hoop. He has become a very good 3 point shooter this past year. He also is a great passer for a 2 guard. Terrific defender as well. He can also rebound and post well for a 2 guard. 6'5 190.

Freshman Donte Snow is everything I hoped for and more! He is rated 72 overall off the bat! He has tremendous potential. He is an INCREDIBLE 3 point shooter. Way better than Andres, Santos, or anyone I have. Futhermore, he is a great finisher around the rim as well. Unfortunately, he lacks the speed or quickness to generate his own shot. He is a solid defender and a good passer but not very athletic. He'll start next year and will be our #1 option off the bench with liberal use this year. Instant offense if we can get him open shots. This guy is going to be a tremendous shooter. 6'5 218 now.

JR Ike Hendriks is getting replaced as a top bench option for the guard spot. He is 6'2 207. He is rated 63 overall. He has worked on his leg strength and is becoming quite fast for a SG. Nice combo type guard with some 3 point shooting ability. Limited passer though. I don't think he is ever going to live up to his "potential." Still, he'll get some minutes off the bench.

Douglas Peciukas is 6'4 200 pound Junior. As the 2nd fastest man on the team behind Hodari, I might get him some PT this year unlike last year. Unfortunately, he doesn't do much else well. He is a mediocre defender, mediocre dribbler, poor finisher, and poor shooter.. so maybe no minutes for him. Rated 57 overall.

Jave Gates is a 6'6 211 pounds SR Walk-on. He is a fairly decent 3 point shooter but can't do much else. Rated 56 overall.

RS FS Walk-on Laurie Beachem is 6'5 205 pounds. He is rated 53 overall. He won't see the court this year unless there are multiple injuries.

SF's:

Willie Andres is the undisputed star of the team. 6'8 224 pounds and now a senior. He is very fast for a SF and could easily play SG. He is a good defender, he is good at stealing the ball, he is a good shot blocker. He is a very good shooter. He is a good passer. His biggest weakness is the lack of stamina at times. This year, I want him to score 20 plus and contend for major awards. Rated 80 overall now.

Channing Santos is a natural SF who played PF for us last year very well and will do so again because he is too good to remain on the bench. He is 6'8 223 pounds. He is also a senior. He is the best shot blocker on our team. He is almost as good at Andres at everything else but not quite as good at any of it. Still, he is a very capable 2nd option and his defense is superb at times. Rated 75 overall.

W.B. Meeking is 6'6 196 pounds and is rated 65 overall. He is a sophomore and I'm not sure he is the answer for when the 2 big men graduate. He is ok at most things but doesn't excel in any area. He is a sophomore.

PF's:

Sergio Owensworth is a junior who is rated 67 overall. He is 6'8 229. His lack of size is another reason I've felt good about starting Santos. Ownesworth is a decent 3 point shooter for a 4. He doesn't do anything really well though. Not much potential for improvement either. Still, he'll provide minutes off the bench as the #1 interior option this year. He is the only "true" PF on the roster.

C:

Jean Pait is 6'10 226 pounds and he is my 4th senior starter. He is rated 69 overall. He doesn't thrive offensively, but I'm starting to see his benefit in the offense. He can hit the open 8-10 foot jumper. He also is a decent rebounder and a fair interior defensive presence. Also, a good passer for a big man. Finally, he runs well for a big man.

Sophomore Jerel Bogans is the third newcomer to the team this year. He also looks quite good. He is rated 64 overall which is better than expected. He is 6'8 220 now. He is a good shot blocker who can pass and shot the mid range jumper. He also is a good rebounder for his size. He'll get valuable minutes off the bench and might even surplant Owensworth as the #1 option off the bench for the interior.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #203
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With all of those seniors graduating, we have 5 scholarships to offer. I'll report on who I'm offering to as we get closer. I'm aiming VERY high so far. We'll see how it goes.

I didn't change the schedule that the AD recommended at all, except to remove Duke from it and to add a cupcake in place of Duke. Otherwise, it is exactly as the AD recommended.

Our talent rating as a team has risen from last year. We are now rated 79 in overall talent with the biggest jump in shooting which is up to 83. Our first game is against Colgate at home. They are 1-0. They are rated 75 and hence we are favored. They aren't particularly good at shooting and their team strength is rebounding.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our first basket comes on an Everett steal in which he takes it the length of the court for a layup and the foul... he converts the 3 point play!

While he might get victimized if they post him up, Everett's speed is exciting. He is among the fastest 20 PG's (maybe the fastest 10) in the NCAA I'd guess.

Everett with a 3 on our next possession!

With 12:38 to go, Andres rests. Snow comes in to play some SF and shoot the 3. We are up 16-10.

Oh crud. I never saw Snow perform at the ABL since he chose not to.. the guy's release is extremely slow. I'm going to need to get him some wide open looks as he is going to be easy to block.

As it is, he missed his first shot, but Pait had a putback jam! 21-10. Everett has 3 assists already as he is penetrating and kicking out for open jumpers.

After missing 2 jumpers, Snow gets a breakaway jam off a long rebound and pass from Pait.

We are up 29-12 with 8:45 to go. Huffman is looking incredible. Snow is having trouble blending in so far.

A 19-0 run has us up 35-12 before they score again.

Snow does hit 2 3's during the run despite his awkward shooting style.

A big run by them in the last 4 minutes to cut the lead drastically.

37-26, we lead at the half.

Once Huffman left the game, they started scoring at will. Interesting.

Everett Huffman is the player of the half! He has 9 points and 6 assists both of which lead the team. He also has 2 boards and 2 steals. He only has 1 turnover. He is 3 of 5, 2 of 4, and 1 of 1.

Andres only had 2 points!?! He shot 1 of 8 and 0 of 6 from the arc.

Santos had 8 points. Snow had 8 points on 3 of 10 shooting, 2 of 7 from the arc. Hodari had 6 points and Pait had 2.

In very limited time, Berel was great on the boards. He definitely earned more PT.

Hodari Chatman hurts his knee early in the 2nd half

About 5 minutes later, Hodari comes back into the game.

With 12 minutes to go, we are up 52-44.

We are up 59-50 with 6 minutes to go, and I'm resting my starters for a few.

Snow with a blocked shot!

Snow's shot may be the most frustrating shot I've ever seen. The release point is extremely odd. It's frustrating because I know he has the potential to be a great shooter, but that shot release might prevent him from ever being one.

They make it close late, but we hold onto to win.

64-58 victory.

Santos wins player of the game. 18 points, 11 boards, 3 steals, 2 assists, 1 block. He shot 7 of 11, 3 of 6, and 1 of 2.

However, Huffman was great too. He played very good defense and he had the best stat line I've ever seen from any of my PG's: 17 points, 8 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, 1 block, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 of 11, 4 of 9, and 3 of 3.

Andres finished with 7 points, 2 boards, and 1 steal. He shot 3 of 16 and 1 of 8 from the arc.

Hodari finished with 10 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 3 of 10 and 2 of 8 from the arc.

Pait had 2 points and 12 boards along with 2 blocks.

Snow finsihed with 8 points, 2 assists, and a block. he shot 3 of 12 and 2 of 10 from the arc.

Bogans had 2 points and 5 boards in just 11 minutes including 2 offensive boards.

I'm going to have to work with Snow and his release point.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #205
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We ran a long practice today mostly focused on ironing out Snow's shot. His release actually isn't slower than most players, but he gets almost zero elevation on his jump shot and it is hard to judge where the release point is. Now, I think I have a better grasp on it so that he should perform more to his abilities.

Our next opponent that the AD scheduled is at Lafayette of the Patriot League. They are currently 3-1. However, they are only rated 68 in overall team talent so I expect a blowout or at least a very comfortable win.

Their best player is SG Taliek Adkins who is a senior who is quick and skilled and is rated 73 overall. Most other positions, we have a huge talent advantage, particularly at PG where I expect Everett to be able to dominate. Also, at SF where I expect Andres to bounce back from his subpar game.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure what is wrong early, but we are down 10-5 at the 15 minute mark.

Down 10-8 with 12 minutes to go in the half, we bring in some subs including Snow.

We continue to struggle to find our rhythym. Down 24-15 with 5 minutes to go in the half.

Andres comes back into the game rested, and it's time for him to take over like he used to. No more trying to blend everyone in...

He can't get his outside shot going.

We are down 36-23 at the half. We are shooting 26% as a team. We are 2 of 10 from the arc.

Adkins their SG has 16 points on 4 of 5 shooting, 2 of 3, and 6 of 6.

Hodari leads our team with 8 points. He has our only 3's.

We pulled within 4 but then they went on a 8-0 run. As it is, we are down 49-38 with 12 minutes to go and I need to rest most of my starters.

Our starters come back in with 6 minutes to go, we are down 66-55 as I tried playing pressing the tempo at breakneck speed.

Our starters trigger a 11-0 run which includes 2 FT's by Everett to tie the game at 66 with 2:20 left! That is our first tie since the game began.

They hit a 3 to end our run. 69-66 with just over 2 minutes to go.

Andres has it stolen from him and they hit a jumper to extend the lead to 5.

A charge on Andres gets them the ball back

They hit a jumper to extend the lead to 7, but Andres with a quick 3 makes it a 4 point game with just under a minute left.

We have to start intentionally fouling. Unfortunately, they are making their FT's.

Andres with a turnover as he steps on the line. That probably puts the nail in this one. Down 77-71 with 28 seconds to go.

No, Andres forces a steal to get us the ball right back!

Andres with a 2, his foot was on the line. We still have a chance with 20 seconds left.

A very disappointing loss. 81-73. Going to be hard to get to our goal of 20 wins and the Big Dance with losses like these.

Taliek Adkins, their one star, was the player of the game, he had 26 points on 8 of 12 shooting, 2 of 5, and 8 of 8.

Erroyl McClurkin, their 69 rated Freshman PF, had 21 points and 9 boards as the 6'10 250 pound player pushed Santos around.

Andres led us with 21 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 6 of 15, 2 of 7, and 7 of 12.

Hodari had 18 points and 2 boards. He shot 5 of 9, 2 of 3, and 6 of 8.

Santos had 3 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block. He shot 1 of 7.

Everett finished with 11 points and 5 assists. He 3 of 7, 0 of 4, and 5 of 10.

Snow had 8 points off the bench on 2 of 4 shooting, 0 of 2, and 4 of 6 from the line.

Bogans had 4 points and 8 boards in 17 minutes.

Our next opponent is at Sacred Heart. They are 0-2. Their overall rating is 63. They are rated 66 in shooting and a terrible offensive team. We better not lose to them. Their only good rated player is their senior center who is rated 72. Well double team him if he starts scoring reliably.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #207
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Within the first 2 minutes, Everett has Wong, their center, in foul trouble.

This is more like it. Up 13-5 at the 15 minute mark. Everett is dominating the game, I'm not sure why he didn't do this last game.

From there, we just cruise through the 1st half.

We are up 49-24 at the half. We are shooting 56% as a team.

Andres is the player of the half as he is finally clicking on offense. He has 13 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He is shooting 5 of 8, 2 of 4, and 1 of 2.

Everett has 10 points and 4 assists at the half. He is shooting 2 of 3, 1 of 1, and 5 of 6.

Hodari has 5 points, 4 assist, and 2 boards.

Santos has 7 points and 5 boards.

Even Pait is scoring. He has 5 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks.

Off the bnech, Snow has 7 points, 3 assists, 2 boards, and a steal in 12 minutes. He is 2 of 6, 2 of 5, and 1 of 2.

With 14 minutes to go in the game, Everett takes a board, runs to half court and lobs a beautiful alley-oop which Andres slams home with great power. That is Everett's 7th assist of the game. We are now up 63-32.

With 12 minutes to go and up 70-35, I sit Everett likely for the rest of the game.

With 10 minutes to go, I pull the rest of my staters. Up 73-40.

I'm counting on Snow to provide scoring to keep our lead. If they get within 20, I may go back to our starters depending upon how much time is left.

Snow does an incredible job of doing just that as he proves he is over his freshman jitters.

We win 96-64.

Snow wins player of the game for his garbage time scoring.

He finishes with a game high 29 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. He shot 10 of 19, 6 of 13, and 3 of 5. He played 25 minutes.

Andres finished with 25 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal. He shot 8 of 13, 2 of 4, and 7 of 9. He played just 23 minutes.

Everett had 14 points, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 1 board in just 21 minutes. He shot 4 of 6, 1 of 1, and 5 of 6.

Hodari had 9 points, 5 assists, 2 boards, and 2 steals in 22 minutes. He shot 4 of 5 and 1 of 1 from the arc.

Santos had 10 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 4 of 9, 1 of 2, and 1 of 2.

Pait finished with 6 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #208
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Time to talk about recruiting:

We have 5 slots to fill. Unfortunately, their aren't any great 6'8 SF's to recruit like Andres and Santos. However, Reyshawn Ortiz is a good 6'5 185 pound SF that I'm recruiting. He is a 3 star player from Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is ranked 367 overall and 73rd among SF's. He averaged 8.1 ppg and 6 rpg in the ABL. He isn't very good in any area, but he is average in every area right now and our staff believes he has the potential to become very good in many areas. His best attribute right now is his defense. Anyway, he told me that he is 75% sure that he will be committing to us on the 1st possible day at the end of this week. Marshall is the other school that has offered him a scholarship and is a serious competitor for him.

Another recruit we are pursuing hard is Jerome Adams. He is a 6'9 229 pound center who I plan on playing at PF most likely. He is ranked 404th overall and 21st among centers. He is a 3 star athlete from Brooklyn, NY. He is a good mid range jump shooter and is a good low post defender. Our staff believes he has the potental to become exceptional in many areas. He has told us that he is 50% to commit this upcoming weekend. Fordham is our primary competitor for him.

Those are the only 2 I think I have a realistic shot at getting to sign early.

Others I'm pursuing with scholarship offers:

Fredrick Souchu is a 6'5 205 SF from Porsmouth, VA. He is a 3 star player who is ranked 152 overall and 26th among SF's. He is one of the very good shooters in this class. NCST is a big competitor and they have the inside track.

My big reach player is PF Woody Atchinson. He is a 4 star player. He is 6'8 225 pounds. He is ranked 88th overall and 16th among PF's. He is from Charleston, SC. He is being recruited by Florida, UNC, Florida State, and Georgia. Unless they all drop out, I have almost no chance, but we'll keep pursuing. This kid is a PF who can shoot the 3 as well as most SG's and can block shots, rebound, and run the floor.

Finally, I offered a scholarship to Deshaun Simon. He is a 7'0 277 pound center from Winston-Salem, NC. He is a 2 star player who is ranked 486 overall and 27th among centers. Charleston is our main competition and I haven't focused on this kid yet and they are gaining ground as a result.

Our next game is against 0-5 Toledo. They are ranked 67 in overall talent and 68 in shooting. This should be an easy win for us like last game. I'll play that tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-29-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #209
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Everett is making it look effortless as he drives into the lane time after time and kicks it out for open jumpers and everyone is burying them. Between his orchestrating of the offense and great team defense, we go on a 13-0 run and are up 23-8 with 11 minutes to go.

He is the first to rest at that point as he has been constant energy running at full speed. He already has 7 assists! I try my new experiment, sliding Hodari over to PG and bringing Snow into to SG to play with our starters a bit.

We continue to crush them through the 1st half. 52-21. We are 17 of 29 from the FT line as Everett is driving into the lane at will.

Andres and Santos are really clicking from the outside and Snow has been great off the bench.

Andres is the player of the half, but I think Everett deserved it.

Andres has 18 points, 4 boards, 2 steals. He shot 6 of 9, 1 of 3, and 5 of 8.

Everett has 2 points, 12 assists, and 1 steal in 16 minutes. He only turned it over 1 time.

Santos has 14 points, 2 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 7, 1 of 2, and 1 of 1.

Snow has 8 points in 11 minutes.

With a 76-27 lead and 12 minutes to go, I sit all of my starters.

We win the game 100-47 as our bench played well.

Andres is the player of the game. 31 points, 5 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 11 of 15, 3 of 5, and 6 of 9. He played just 24 minutes.

Everett finished with 2 points, 2 boards, 18 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. He shot 0 of 1, 0 of 1, and 2 of 5. He did all of that in 24 minutes.

Santos had 21 points, 4 boards, and 3 steals in 24 minutes. He shot 9 of 10, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Hodari had 10 points, 3 assists, 1 board, and 1 steal. He played 21 minutes.

Pait had 11 boards and a block in 22 minutes.

Bogans had 12 boards 3 points and a block in 18 minutes.

Snow had 19 points, 2 boards, and an assist in 22 minutes. He shot 4 of 9, 2 of 7, and 9 of 18. He is drawing more perimeter fouls than any of my players as guys attempt to guard him much more tightly than any of my players and they rush out to get him whenever he is open.

This next opponent should be more challenging. We play at Duquesne. They are 3-2. They are rated 76 and are a very good rebounding team with some good outside shooters. They have 2 very fast PG's although Everett is a bit faster than either of them. They have a 7'1 260 pound PF who is a very skilled shot blocker as well as a decent inside scorer, however, he is out this game with a broken toe. Their top PG is out with a strained achilles, as well.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-01-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #210
rjolley
College Starter

Great win. Started playing 2K8 today after winning another championship with my Lions in 2K7. All I can say is wow, what a difference. It'll take me a bit to get used to the controls (I like having the X for double team and the Isomotion stick), but it's a great game. Played Penn State vs Pitt and Tenn vs Memphis. Both were a lot of fun. Looking forward to digging into a Legacy and watching these guys go to the pros.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #211
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Down 10-8 at the 15 minute mark. Their PG is doing a good job on Everett and Santos isn't knocking down the open jumpers when he does get them.

14 minute mark: Pait gets his 3rd foul. Bogans will come in early. Pait already has 2 blocks so he was making a difference and this will probably hurt a bit.

17-17 with 11 minutes to go when Everett and Andres need their first break.

At the end of the half, we are up 34-31.

Andres is the player of the half with 9 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He has shot 3 of 8, 0 of 3, and 3 of 4.

Everett only has 4 points and 1 assist so far as their PG has done a good job on him.

After getting down by 8 early in the 2nd half, we tie it at 46 with 14 minutes to go on an Everett breakaway layup.

Tied at 57 with 6 minutes to go, Santos comes off a pick and slams it home and gets the foul but misses the FT.

A 3 gives them the lead, but Snow responds with a 3 of his own. 62-60.

They tie it up at 62 with 5 minutes to go.

With 4 minutes to go, they take a 66-64 lead as we are both running. Andres come back into the game well rested while Santos leaves it. Everett also comes back in well rested.

Snow misses a 3 and they hit a quick 3 to make it 69-64.

Everett drives into the lane and gets the foul. He only hits 1 of 2.

After we get a stop, Everett gets into the lane and draws another foul. This time he hits them both to make it 69-67. 2 minutes to go.

We end up fouling their center who hits 1 of 2. Hodari on a fastbreak makes the layup. 70-69 with just over 1:40 to go.

Andres with a steal. We get all of our starters back into the game.

After the Timeout, Everett finds Andres in the corner for a 3! 72-70.

Their PG draws a foul on Everett. They hit the 1st but miss the 2nd. They get the offensive board. They try a 3. They miss, but get the board again.. Everett steals a pass.. quick pass to Andres. They foul Andres.

24 seconds left. Andres hits both FT's to make it 74-71.

Dumont, their SG, who has torched us all night hits a 3 with 12 seconds left to tie it at 74.

Santos misses the 3 with 4 seconds left, but Everett gets the long rebound.. shoots the quick 12 footer and buries the buzzer beater!!!!

76-74 win!

Andres was the player of the game. He finishes with 17 points, 7 boards, 6 steals, and 3 assists. He shot 5 of 14, 1 of 6, and 6 of 8. I wish my team would get their 3 point shooting straightened out.

Everett finished with 16 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 board. He also had 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 7, 0 of 1, and 8 of 11.

Hodari had 7 points and 4 assists.

Santos had 13 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 6 of 14, 1 of 4, and 0 of 1.

Snow had 15 points and 2 boards. He shot 6 of 15, 2 of 9, and 1 of 3.

Pait had 6 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks.

Bogans had 2 points and 6 boards in 17 minutes.

Now, we should get word on possible early signings.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #212
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Great win. Started playing 2K8 today after winning another championship with my Lions in 2K7. All I can say is wow, what a difference. It'll take me a bit to get used to the controls (I like having the X for double team and the Isomotion stick), but it's a great game. Played Penn State vs Pitt and Tenn vs Memphis. Both were a lot of fun. Looking forward to digging into a Legacy and watching these guys go to the pros.

Thanks. I loved 2k7, but I think this game is so much better with just dozens of little improvements since the patch has been released.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #213
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good news and bad news on the recruiting front:

First the bad news, we lost Souchu to NCST.

The good news is that we got our 2 early signings!

Jerome Adams will be our center or PF next year most likely. The 6'9 228 pound kid is full of potential if our staff is right.

Reyshawn Ortiz is a good shooter who will have a good shot at our SF position next year particularly if he grows this year a bit.

With these 2 kids locked up, we are unlikely to get any other early recruits, but we should be able to get at least 2 and hopefully 3 quality players for our 3 other scholarship slots this year.

Our next game is at home vs 4-4 Rider in our first conference game even though we have 3 non-conference games left as well. With their starting PG out, I expect Everett to have a huge game.

Since, we are about to start conference play, here is the conference preview:

Siena is rated 82 overall. No weaknesses in the starting 5 and a deep bench. They are the best shooting team in the conference. They are the best rebounding team in the conference. They are the team to beat and are expected to win the conference again.

Loyola College is rated 80 overall. They are one of the top 3 shooting teams in the conference. Bob Engle, their senior SG, is one of the top 5 players in the conference. Donald Burton, their senior center is another of the top players in the conference. Expected to contend for the championship.

Niagara is rated 79 overall. Our center is relatively weak, but otherwise our starting 5 is very solid. After winning the conference regular season last year, we are expected to contend again. We are one of the top 2 shooting teams in the conference, although we haven't showed it yet.

Saint Peter's is rated 78 overall and has shown improvement from last year. They have a very solid front court. Their freshman PF Felix Fields is one of the best freshman in the conference and one of the top 15 players in the conference already. He's going to be scary good in a year or two. They are 6-1 and are a darkhorse to win the conference.

Iona is rated 78. Their strength is rebounding but they are a solid shooting team as well. They are expected to finish in the middle of the conference. They are 5-2 right now.

Marist is rated 77 overall. No weaknesses and they are a good shooting team from the outside. They have a very talented Freshman SF who will be a terror in a year or two. SG is a weakness, but otherwise this team has a good starting 5. Bench depth is weak. Still, could surprise some teams.

Fairfield is rated 76 overall. They are a solid rebounding team with no glaring weaknesses however, no other real strengths either. They should be near the middle of the conference.

Rider is rated 75 overall. They are starting a poor PG due to injuries that will keep their regular PG out for most of the year. As a result, they are expected to be at the bottom of the conference.

Manhattan is rated 74. They have a talented freshman center and a talented senior point guard, but are weak at the other positions. Expected to finish in the bottom half of the conference.

Canisus is rated 74. They have a very talented center in Darren Bauer but not much help around him. They should be near the bottom of the conference again.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #214
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the 10 minute mark, we are up 24-11 as Andres is hitting his 3's this game! We sub in Snow and Owensworth for Everett and Andres who are tired.

We hold onto our lead throughout the 1st half. Up 34-22 at the half.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 11 points, 2 boards, 1 steal, and 1 assist. He shot 4 of 10, 3 of 7, and 0 of 0.

Everett has 2 points and 6 assists at the half as he is working their young inexperienced PG.

Up 52-33 with 10 minutes left. Our defense has been great, particularly Pait who now has 4 blocks. Andres and Everett are tired and will get some rest.

We win the game 70-52.

Andres was the player of the game. He finished with 20 points, 4 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 16, 4 of 9, and 0 of 0.

Everett had 5 points, 3 boards, 10 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. He shot 2 of 5, 1 of 4, and 0 of 0.

Hodari had 14 points, 4 boars, 2 assists, and 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 11, 1 of 3, and 5 of 8.

Santos finished with 14 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 3 steals. He shot 6 of 8 and 2 of 3 from the arc.

Pait had 7 boards and 4 blocks along with 2 steals.

Snow had 14 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. He shot 6 of 11 and 2 of 6 from the arc.

Bogans had 3 points and 6 boards in just 14 minutes.

We are now 5-1. Our next game is a home conference game against 5-2 Marist. I'll play that later today.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-01-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #215
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are up 12-9 at the 10 minute mark in a very physical defensive oriented game. All of my starters are tired and I go with our entire bench for the first time all year. I'm counting on Snow to provide enough offense to maintain our lead.

With just under 4:45 to go, we get our starters back in. We are down 25-22.

We go into halftime down 31-28.

Shavies their PG has 8 points and 3 assists and is the player of the half as he has been overpowering Everett a bit this first half.

Andres has 8 points, 1 board, 1 assist, and 1 block. He is shooting 3 of 8, 2 of 5.

Everett had 3 points and 3 assists.

Santos is 1 of 6 and has 4 points.

The first 10 minutes of the game had me wondering if either team would break 50. However, with 11:24 to go as I pull out Andres and Everett for a breather, they are up 51-45 as it has become a wide open game.

Bogans fouls out with 6:20 to go. We are down 56-54.

We get Andres, Santos, and Everett back in.

With 4:45 to go, Andres is fouled on a 3 point attempt. He makes all 3 FT's to tie at 60!

With 3:53 to go, we force a turnover with our full court press. They foul Andres before he can breakaway. He makes both FT's to give us a 64-62 lead!

After a defensive stop, we go into a quick offensive set where Andres finds Snow for a wide open 14 footer which Snow buries. 66-62.

They get 1 point on a FT after Everett fouls their PG but Snow with a nice feed to Santos for a 12 footer to make it 68-63 with 2 minutes to go.

They get a slam dunk off a nice backdoor cut but we respond with a play that gets us a last second 3 on a shot by Andres and the assist by Santos. 71-65.

They attempt a quick 3 which they miss. Santos quickly passes it down the court to Everett who holds up and is intentionally fouled. He hits both FT's.

This game had me worried until about the 3 minute mark, but we hit our FT's down the stretch and get a few more stops.

We win 75-66.

Andres wins player of the game. 19 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 1 block, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 of 13, 3 of 8, and 6 of 6.

Everett had 12 points, 5 assists, and 1 turnover. He shot 2 of 7, 2 of 5, and 6 of 6.

Hodari had 15 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 4 of 6, 2 of 2, and 5 of 6.

Santos had 12 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 5 of 13, 0 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Pait had 9 boards, 1 assist, and 3 blocks.

In 17 minutes, Snow had 8 points, 2 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 3 of 7, 0 of 4, and 2 of 2.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-01-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #216
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bad recruiting news, UNC decided to offer Woody Atchinson a scholarship this week. He accepted immediately. We also lost out on a promising SF we were pursuing who chose Georgia.

We switch our attentions to Jasper Robertson. He is 6'8 215 pounds and is a PF. He is a 3 star player who is ranked 316th overall and 58th among PF's. He is a fast big man who can shoot the 3 well but isn't very physical. He is a good passer though. George Washington is very high on his list and will be a tough competitor for him.

Also, we offer a scholarship to Friedrich Collins. He is a 6'4 220 pound SF from Toronto. He is a 3 star player who is ranked 340th overall and 64th among SF's. He is a superb midrange shooter according to our scouts as well as possessing PG type speed. St. Joes is our biggest competitor and I feel like even though I'm late recruiting him, I can get this kid.

I just realized that for some reason the big schools have dropped out of the hunt for Donny Grove. I'm not sure why, but I need to step up my pursuit of him since that has happened. We are 3rd on his list and Xavier and Michigan State are the only 2 on his list now. Of course Michigan State is his home state school, but I feel like I should at least make a run at him.. That would mean pulling an offer from someone else that I just made though if I want to make a really strong run. I'll think about it.

Our next game is a non-conference game at home against UNC-Asheville. They are the weakest team we've faced all year with a rating of 59. Their offense is terrible and they are struggling to break 50 ppg. They are 0-6. I'll play that tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-01-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #217
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As expected, we come out dominating them. Up 10-3 at the 15 minute mark. Andres is scoring most of our points, set up by Everett assists.

Up 22-12 with 10 minutes to go, but we went to the bench with 12 minutes to go. When we went to the bench, we were up 18-6.

We are up 34-25 at the half. I feel like I took the foot off the petal too quickly in the first half. We'll try to get a big lead going in the 2nd half again.

Andres is the player of the half with 14 points, 8 boards, and a steal. He shot 5 of 6, 2 of 3, and 2 of 2.

Everett has 3 points and 4 assists at the half.

With 11:28 to go, Pait fouls out. We are up 48-32.

With 4 minutes to go, we have a 33 point lead. I pull my starters. We are up 72-39.

We win the game 76-44.

Andres is the player of the game. 26 points, 9 boards, 3 steals. He shot 9 of 12, 4 of 5, and 4 of 4.

Everett finishes with 7 points, 2 boards, 6 assists, and 5 turnovers as he tried making too many fancy passes. He shot 2 of 5, 0 of 2, and 3 of 8.

Hodari had 7 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 2 of 7.

Santos had 12 points, 9 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 5 of 7.

Pait had 3 points, 6 board2, 2 assists, and a steal.

Snow had 12 points and 2 assists. He shot 4 of 7, 2 of 3, and 2 of 2.

Bogan in 18 minutes off the bench had 8 points, 8 boards, and an assist.

On the recruiting front, I decide to not revoke any of my scholarship offers. I'm unlikely to steal Grove from Michigan State. I'll continue to pursue him but I've got a good shot at getting these other 3 kids who could all be big contributors and I won't throw away that shot for a long shot like Grove even though he would be a huge scorer for us.

Our next game is at Central Connecticut as our AD has given us an easy schedule. They are 3-7. They are ranked 70 in overall talent and their offense is very poor. We should beat them easily.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #218
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are tied at 12 with 11:30 to go when Andres and Everett take a breather.

Up 35-23 at the half.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 14 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

With 11:33 to go, we go to our bench except for Santos who remains. We are up 45-38.

Snow has his 2nd shot of the game blocked. His release makes him so suspectible to having his shot blocked.

After that play, Santos takes over and reels off 10 straight points to power a 11-0 run.

With 6:20 to go, Santos rests but the other starters all return. We are up 59-49.

Bogans stays on the floor for Santos as he has shown a real ability to hit the 14-16 foot jumpers if he is open.

First play, Everett finds him at the top of the key open and Bogans drills it.

We then pull away and win the game easily. 81-59.

Andres is the player of the game. 22 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals. He shot 7 of 14, 6 of 11, and 2 of 2.

Santos had 19 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 6 of 14, 2 of 8, and 5 of 7.

Everett finishes with 13 points, 10 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 3 of 10, 2 of 6, and 5 of 6.

Hodari had 8 points, 2 boards, and an assist.

Pait had 6 boards and a steal.

Snow had 9 points, an assist, and a steal. He shot 3 of 6, 1 of 4, and 2 of 4.

Bogans had 8 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block in 20 minutes. He shot 3 of 4 including 2 of 3 from the arc.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is hosting 1-13 Longwood which should be our final blowout Non-conference game. They are rated 57 in overall talent and are a horrid team both offensively and defensively. They have terrible team unity and if we don't win by at least 20, I'll be disappointed.

About 5 minutes into the game, Pait pulls a muscle in his leg. Hopefully, it isn't serious. So far, we haven't pulled away as they've hit a few 3's. 10-8, we are up.

Early word is that Pait seriously injured his ankle He is definitely done for this game. At least, the team seems fired up and we are pulling away in this one. Owensworth is being asked to play some center for the moment although we'll probably go to Bogans soon.

We are up 24-17 at the 10 minute mark. They are shooting 3's much better than I expected. I tell my defenders to start claming down on their guards and SF.

Our bench is dominating theirs over the next 5 minutes. At the 5 minute mark, we are up 40-21 thanks in part to an 18-0 run.

With them playing so well, I leave most of my subs in the game for the next 5 minutes. We end the half with a lead of 24. 56-32.

Snow leads the team with 12 points. Andres has 11 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

The bad news is that it appears Pait broke his ankle. Worse yet, there may be ligament damage as well

We are never threatened in the 2nd half, and we rest our starters the last 10 minutes.

We win 89-59.

Hodari Chatman is the player of the game. He finished with 23 points and 2 assists. He shot 8 of 11, 6 of 8, and 1 of 1.

Snow had 19 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 8 of 12, 3 of 6.

Andres had 17 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 7 of 16 but 3 of 11 from the arc.

Santos had 15 points, 8 boards, and 3 steals.

Bogans who played 31 minutes due to Pait's injury had 1 point, 10 boars, 2 assists, 2 steals. He didn't block any shots and I think we are going to miss Pait's shot blocking presence.

We'll find out tomorrow how bad the injury is..

We are now 9-1.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #220
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good news! Pait didn't tear any ligaments as we initially feared! However, his ankle is broken and he will miss 6-8 weeks, but the Senior should be back in time for the end of our regular season and our tourney run when we will need him.

In the meantime, we are going to go small with Bogans at center. He will give us a bit more offense from the position but not as much defense. It's a wash on the rebounding despite Bogans being smaller. Where this will really hurt is our bench depth.

Without the ability to bring Bogans off the bench, we are going to have to go small for a longer period each game and play Santos at PF throughout every game and not move him to SF at times when Andres is resting like I have done in the past. We'll have to use Owensworth at backup center which he is ill-suited for as well as the backup PF.

Our next game is our last non-conference game and it is at home against 4-7 Stony Brook. They are a more challenging team for us as they are ranked 72 in overall talent with a strength in rebounding that outranks us of 81 now that we are without Pait. Still, I expect a comfortable win. I'll play that and a few more games tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #221
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Stony Brook has a 6'11 250 pound center who is going to be very challenging for Bogans. Everywhere else, we outclass them. However, they are playing a 6'11 280 pound PF at SF! Andres is going to have to use his speed to get him into foul trouble...

While our defense is suffering without Pait, our offense is even more high flying with Bogan's ability to hit the outside jumper more reliably..

Up 20-12 with 12 minutes to go in the 1st half.

However, they get a 3rd foul on Bogans with 11 minutes to go in the half and I have to go to Owensworth.

However, Owensworth does a decent job defensively and the rest of our offense picks it up. We are up 49-25 at the half. I make sure that Santos or Andres is always on the floor and Snow is on the floor for 10 minutes in the first half as a very good 2nd option.

Santos it the player of the half. He has 11 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and a block. He has shot 4 of 5.

Andres has 6 points and 6 boards. Everett has 6, Hodari has 6, and Snow has 8.

We were never threatened in the 2nd half. 72-50 win.

Santos is the player of the game.

20 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 block, 1 steal. He shot 8 of 10, 2 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Andres had 13 points, 9 boards, 2 assist, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He also had 3 turnovers. He shot 5 of 11, 1 of 5, and 2 of 2.

Everett had 6 points and 7 assists. He shot 2 of 2 both behind the arc.

Hodari had 5 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He was 2 of 9 for the game and 1 of 6 from the arc.

Bogans had 9 points, 5 boards, and 2 blocks! He shot 3 of 4 and 2 of 3 from the line. He played 24 minutes.

Owensworth had 5 points and 4 boards all at center in 16 minutes.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #222
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bad news on the recruiting front:

Jasper Robertson, the smooth shooting PF that I have been recruiting has told me that he really likes our school but that if GW offers him a scholarship, he is going there. There is a small chance he may walk-on there as opposed to taking our scholarship.. This makes me think that maybe I should pull his scholarship and try going after Grove after all, but I'd have a lot of ground to make up...

Still, if he is talking about walking on with them (I have him at 100% interest, but he still lists them #1 on his list despite no scholarship offer), then I think I should consider making the move...

I decide to wait a week as I can't have anyone visit this week due to our schedule anyway.

Our next game is 7-5 Fairfield. They are rated 74 in overall talent but their shooting is especially poor. They are struggling to score. However, at their place, I expect a tough game particularly due to their interior presence.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #223
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Andres is on fire early. 11-3 at the 15 minute mark.

A 14-0 run ends with a 22-3 lead at the 11:45 mark.

Andres already has 15 points in this game as he has been doing it inside and outside.

However, he is tired, so we rest him with 11 minutes to go and a 22-4 lead.

However, they come back in the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half at least partially.

We lead 37-24 at the half.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 15 points, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a board. He is shooting 6 of 8.

We had a 23 point lead at one point, but a 17-0 run cuts it to 50-44 with 7:34 to go in the game. Then, Santos finds Snow in the corner for a 3 to end the run. 53-44.

After that shot, we never let them get closer than 9. We cruise to a 69-53 win.

Andres is the player of the game. 25 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. He shot 9 of 15, 3 of 6, and 4 of 4.

Everett had 3 points and 7 assists.

Hodari had 16 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 5 of 12 and 1 of 7 from the arc.

Santos finished with 6 points, 10 boards, 1 assist, 3 steals, and a block. He shot 3 of 7.

Bogans finished with 0 points, 6 boards, and 1 block.

Snow led the bench with 14 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 3 of 10 all from behind the arc. He was also 5 of 7 from the line.

Our next opponent is our 3rd this week. Marist is 6-6 and the best team we've faced this week. They are rated 77 in overall team talent and are a solid shooting team with no real weaknesses. We are playing at their place and they definitely could push us.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #224
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Back and forth frenetic first 10 minutes. Plenty of lead changes. We are tied at 19 at the 10 minute mark.

They have a run with about 3 minutes to go in the half that gives them the first big lead of the half. They lead at the half, 45-36.

Carrington, their SG, is the player of the half. He has 14 points.

Andres leads our team with 9. Everett and Santos each have 7.

Although they had a 10 point lead most of the 2nd half, we get a run going and close to within 1. 62-61 with 9:44 to go.

With 7:10 to go, Andres with a breakaway that is stopped when they foul him. He hits both FT's to give us the lead. 67-66.

They get a few steals and breakaways to push the lead back up, 72-67. We get some more starters back in, including Santos and Everett. 5:40 to go.

Santos picks up his 4th foul 30 seconds later..

A minute later, we break their trap and Santos has a monster dunk and the foul! He hits the FT to make it 74-72, their lead.

Very high temp game. Back and forth. They are up 83-82 with 2:25 to go after Santos hits a 6 foot jump hook.

Everett fouls their PG and he hits both FT's.

Everett has been getting worked over on the defensive end by Shavies, their PG, but he scores on our next two possessions to give us the lead! 86-85, we lead with 1:28 to go.

Santos with a nice partial block of their shot and we get the ball. We work the clock. With 4 seconds left, Hodari shoots, leans into the defender, draws the foul. He misses the 17 footer and misses the first of 2, but hits the 2nd to make it a 2 point lead. 87-85 with 40 seconds left.

Santos helps force a miss with a hand in their shooters face! Bogans with the board and they immediately foul him. He hits the first, but misses the 2nd. However, Santos gets the offensive board and is immediately fouled. Santos hits both FT's to give us a 5 point lead

We end up winning 92-87. Nice comeback for our team.

Santos was the player of the game. 31 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 8 of 13, 0 of 1, and 15 of 15 from the FT line!

Everett gave up a lot to Shavies, but he also had 19 points, 3 assists, 1 board, and only 1 turnover. He shot 5 of 8, 2 of 4, and 7 of 10.

Hodari had 11 points and 5 assists.

Andres finished with 15 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 turnover. He shot 5 of 8, 1 of 1, and 4 of 6.

Bogans had 5 points and 6 boards.

Snow only had 2 points this game and only shot 1 of 2 times. Surprising in such a high scoring game.

Hendriks had 5 points and 3 assists in 12 minutes. Meeking had 4 points as my bench played well today.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #225
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jasper seems determined to go to GW. I decide to pull my scholarship offer to him and make a play for Grove after all. I can't believe more teams aren't going after this kid, and I really can't believe he has no scholarship offers. I have a lot of work to do to catch Michigan State, but he isn't close to 100% with either school, so, I'll offer him a scholarship and see if I can wow him.

We are now 12-1. Our next opponent is 8-6 Iona. They are ranked 78 in overall talent with a strength in rebounding. We are going to have to work hard to keep them from completely dominating us on the boards.

I'll play that game either later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #226
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Watching the UNC-Duke game has me fired up to play another game of this dynasty. Iona will be a challenge with our lack of interior size with Pait out. R.J. Schaen, their SF, is one of their best scorers.

About 3 minutes into the game, Everett hurts his ankle in a collision with their center

We are slowed down as a result, but get good news as he is cleared to return a few minutes later. With 13 minutes to go, we are down 8-7 when Everett comes back into the game with a slightly sprained ankle.

It's a back and forth game with Everett really struggling out there with his lack of burst due to the sore ankle. We are up 31-28 thanks mainly to a Hodari led run at the end of the half.

Hodari is the player of the half and he has 14 points so far.

We've played a very slow paced game this time with Everett slowed down a bit. We've also played good solid defense. We are up 55-47 with 3:40 to go.

We never let them get closer than 8. We win 64-51.

Hodari wins player of the game. He finished with 22 points, 4 boards, 3 steals, 2 assists, and 3 turnovers. He shot 6 of 14, 1 of 5, and 9 of 11. He repeatedly beat his man off the dribble and drove into the lane where he drew contact.

Everett despite the bum ankle had a decent game, at least defensively, 6 points, 3 assists, and 5 steals. He shot 1 of 6, 0 of 3, and 4 of 7.

Andres had 12 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists.

Santos had 9 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, and 3 steals.

Bogans finished with 2 points, 10 boards, and 1 assist.

Snow had 11 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 4 of 8 and 3 of 7 from the arc.

We are now 13-1. We aren't in the major polls, but we are #2 in the Mid Major Poll!

Drexel at 10-4 is #1

We are 2nd at 13-1.

3. Louisiana Tech 12-4.
4. North Texas 13-4
5. Troy 12-6
6. W. Kentucky 9-4
7. Nevada 9-4
8. Hofstra 11-4
9. Middle Tennessee 12-4
10. UL Lafayette 9-4

Willie Andres is averaging 19.3 ppg which is 28th in the NCAA right now. His scoring average is 3rd in the Metro Atlantic behind 22.3 from senior center Darren Bauer of Canisus and 19.8 of Junior center Chuck Reese of Rider.

Everett's 7.3 assists per game leads the conference right now by an assist per game. Ira Starkey of Siena is seocnd with 6.2 per game.

Willie Andres 1.9 steals per game leads the conference. Iona's PG Alejandro Martinez is 2nd with 1.7.

Everett is 6th in the conference with 1.4 steals per game.

Our next game is at home vs Canisus. They are 6-9 and are a bad team with the exception of their exceptional center who is leading the conference in scoring. We'll double team him in the paint and hope their perimeter players don't make us pay. I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We've been effectively double teaming Bauer and we've gotten two early fouls on him which have limited him to 5 minutes of the first 10. We are up 16-10 at the 10 minute mark.

With just over 5 minutes to go, Hodari gets a 3rd foul on Bauer. We are up 26-23 at the time.

With 3 minutes to go, they get a 3rd foul on Santos. They have 3 very good PF's/C's.

Despite that, we go on a little run to end the half. 37-29 lead at halftime.

Santos is the player of the half with 13 points, 5 boards, 2 assists.

Andres has 10 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist.

If Santos fouls out, I think we'll be in deep trouble, but I can't afford to sit him either.

We are up 54-44 with 10 minutes to go and our starters tiring. I rest Everett and Andres.

We are up 57-48 with 6 minutes to go when I put Everett and Andres back in and rest my other starters.

With 5:16 to go, Everett gets a 4th foul on Bauer.

From the 4:30 mark to the 2:30 mark they go on a 8-0 run to cut a 60-48 lead to 60-56. The run includes 2 3's by their SG. I get Hodari back in to guard him as Snow isn't doing a good job of it. I also get the rest of my starters back into the game

They bring Bauer and the rest of their starters back into the game.

After a defensive stop and a defensive rebound, Santos fires an outlet pass to Everett who finds Hodari beating everyone down the court.. slam dunk! 62-56.

Bauer with a hook and the foul for a 3 point play. 1:30 to go.

We run one of our favorite plays, Everett gives it Andres on the wing, he fakes the baseline (which he sometime takes), cuts back towards the middle using a pick from Bogans, collapses the defense as he drives the lane, kicks it out to Santos who hits an open 18 footer! 64-59.

We immediately double team Bauer in the post when he gets the ball, Santos steals it.. quick pass from Santos down the length of the court to Hodari who is breaking away.. he beats everyone.. slam dunk! 66-59.

They miss a quick 3 and have to start intentionally fouling. Andres makes both FT's and after a quick missed 3, they don't even bother fouling with 25 seconds left and us having a 9 point lead.

We win 68-59.

Hodari was the player of the game. 19 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal. He shot 8 of 13, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Everett with 2 points, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He should be completely healed from his ankle injury by our next game, but he was still slowed today. He shot 1 of 7.

Andres with 17 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 2 turnovers. He shot 7 of 17, 1 of 4, and 2 of 2.

Santos with 17 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 8, 0 of 1, and 9 of 10 from the line.

Bogans with 4 points, 12 boards, and 2 assists.

Snow had 9 points and an assist. He shot 3 of 6, 0 of 3, and 3 of 7. He had 2 3 point attempts blocked.

We held Bauer to 11 points, 4 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot shot 4 of 11 and 3 of 5 from the line. Due to foul trouble he only played 19 minutes.

Our next opponent is 8-7 Siena but they are the most talented team we've faced all year. However, they have several injuries. SF Jalen Cobb is out with a lower back strain. PF Mario Buboltz is probable as he recovers from a dislocated finger. Big star center Jonny Lampley is probable with a bruised sternum. Athletic PF Tarik Sanders is probable with a pulled hamstring that should slow down his speed.

Siena has a ton of talent with SG Demetris Acasio and PG Ira Starkey being tremendous 3 point shooters. They lost some of their talent from last year, but their front 5 matches up favorably to ours at every position except SF where Andres has the advantage. However, Everett is completely healed from his injury and I think he has the speed to give Starkey a good challenge.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-09-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #228
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We started off with a 8-0 run, but they quickly worked their way back into it. Tied at 12 with 11 minutes to go in the half.

A very tight game throughout the first half as we have frequent lead changes. We go into the half, up 34-33.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 12 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals.

After getting down by 6, we go on a 9-0 run and are leading 47-44 with 12:44 to go. They call a timeout and get Starkey back into the game to try to end the run.

They do end the run and they take a 49-48 lead by the time I have to rest Andres with 10 minutes to go.

With 9 minutes to go, Bogans picks up his 4th foul on a good move by Buboltz.

With 5 minutes to go, Santos picks up his 4th foul. We are up 62-61, but I rest him for a few minutes anyway as Andres comes back into the game.

An Acasio jumper gives them the lead and after missed baskets by both sides, Lampley hits a 10 foot jumper to make it a 65-62 lead.

Snow fakes a 3 and drives in for a layup to pull us back within 1.

With 3:20 to go, we put Santos and Bogans back into the game as well as Hodari.

After missed baskets by both sides, Buboltz hits a 14 footer to make it a 3 point game again.

After Andres has a driving layup blocked, Santos gets the carom and kicks it out to a wide open Everett. He drills the 3! Tied at 67 with 1:44 to go.

Buboltz with a 6 footer for 2. Everett with a quick drive into the lane draws the foul and the free throws. The freshman drills them both!

They fast break off that basket and Lampley gets a slam dunk. He has 14 for them. 71-69.

We work the clock down, finally with 5 seconds left, Everett passes to Andres in the corner.. it's long. Hodari despite being surrounded by two much taller players get the offensive board. He kicks it out to Santos who swings it to Everett who passes to Andres in the corner.. he launches the 3... it's good!!! 72-71. 28 seconds left.

With 5 seconds left, Hodari fouls Acasio. We are in the bonus. Acasio makes both FT's to give them a 1 point lead.

We get it across halfcourt and call timeout with 3.4 seconds left.

Santos inbounds it to Andres, he runs off a quick screen and shoots the 3 from the top of the key.. it's good!!! 75-73 win

Andres is the player of the game. He scored 23 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals. He shot 8 of 14, 3 of 7, and 4 of 5.

Everett had 12 points and 5 assists. He shot 2 of 10, 1 of 5, and 7 of 8.

Hodari had 10 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists.

Santos had 9 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Bodans had 6 boards and a block.

Snow had 14 points and 3 steals. He shot 4 of 8, 2 of 4, and 4 of 6 in just 18 minutes.

I was just looking at Andres' "card" and I never realized that he was so highly regarded as a H.S. player. This isn't some diamond in the rough. Somehow Niagara got this 4 star player out of H.S. He was ranked 81st overall in his H.S. class and 16th among SF's.

Our next game is at Canisus which is now 6-11. I probably won't play that until later this week.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #229
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Wow, what an incredible run you're on.

I think I'm about to start a new closed legacy. My open legacy is starting to bore me, but playing with a smaller school is really sounding good right now.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #230
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
Wow, what an incredible run you're on.

I think I'm about to start a new closed legacy. My open legacy is starting to bore me, but playing with a smaller school is really sounding good right now.

I'm having a blast with Niagara, but I'm ready to jump ship when these 4 seniors graduate if there is a major conference job open, particularly if it is on the west coast.

However, I really think that if our starters can stay healthy, this team is set up to make a deep tourney run. I love our versatility right now with Santos or Andres being able to guard the 2, 3, or 4 spot and score. Everson can break down almost any PG although bigger guards can score against him. Hodari is a good complimentary player. Snow is a much needed scoring option off the bench. Even our deeper bench players are becoming somewhat productive, particularly Hendriks and Meeking. Bogans has stepped up nicely as well.

Edit: If I don't jump ship, I expect next year to be very different. I'm not recruiting versatile 6'8 guys like Andres and Santos (because none seem interested right now) and I expect we'll be more conventional and it will be a year or two until we can re-load after this season.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-13-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #231
Tellistto
College Prospect

Still here, enjoying the read immesely. Looking forward to the weekend updates, too. Good luck in the next games, this run the team is on is pretty impressive.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #232
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Up 10-8 in the first 5 minutes, but Bauer has drawn 2 fouls on Bogans and I have to go to Owensworth early.

With 8:25 to go, Snow with a nice drive gets a 2nd foul on Bauer. This is crucial as he has been killing us inside and they are up 17-14.

A play later, Snow is fouled behind the arc and hits all 3 FT's to tie it up.

Andres with a few nice plays starts a little run that has up 25-19 with 4 minutes to go in the half but Bauer comes back and gets them 2 more baskets to close the lead.

Everett has missed too many FT's this half, including 4 down the stretch.

They hit a 3 at the buzzer and go into the half up 29-25.

Bauer is the player of the half with 10 points, 5 boards, and 2 blocks.

Andres has 8 points and 4 boards. He is shooting 2 of 8 from the floor. Santos has 8 points on 4 of 5 shooting. Hodari has 7 points.

1 minute into the 2nd half, Santos draws a 3rd foul on Bauer!

A minute later, he draws a 3rd foul on Wiezrba, their backup center and a very good player

With 12 minutes to go, I'm surprised to find we are down by 6. Our shooters aren't hitting their shots and their defense has been tenacious. 41-35, they lead.

With about 5 minutes to go, Santos hits a 3 to pull it within 2. 51-49.

We get a stop, but Hendriks misses a breakaway layup and they get a basket on the other end to make it 53-49.

With about 3 minutes to go, we get moderately tired starters back in. We are down 53-50. An errant pass on the inbounds gives us the ball back!

Hodari draws a foul and hits the first of 2. They try to fastbreak, but Hodari blocks the layup attempt! He initiates the fastbreak which is finished with a Santos slam dunk! Tied at 53!

After missed baskets by both sides and then another missed basket by them, we get an open look for Andres who drills a 3! 56-53. 1:34 to go.

Everett with a steal throws a pass to Santos who gets ahead of the pack.. he windmills it home! 23 points for Santos who was key in our come back tonight. 58-53.

A quick 3 by Strong, their SG, keeps them in it.

With a minute left, we work the clock down. Finally, Everett feeds it to Andres in the post. He draws a double team.. kicks it out to an open Santos who misses the 17 footer.

The come back the other way. They work it down to 10 seconds left and pound it inside. They have had too much size all night inside. Easy basket. Tied at 58. 7 seconds left.

We quickly get it across midcourt and use a timeout. 3.5 seconds left.

We inbound it to Andres... they double team him. He shoots anyway from the wing and misses it.

We are going to OT.

First possession, Hodari drives into the lane and gets a 4th foul on Bauer.

Andres is exhausted, so we rest him for a minute.

Santos draws a 5th foul on Wierzba with 3:20 to go in OT.

A minute later, he draws a 5th one on Bauer! He hits both FT's to pull us back within 2 (we were down 4 thanks to a 3 point play by Bauer.)

Despite that, they hit the next 2 inside baskets. Their inside depth is insane. Meanwhile, they are playing good defense or our guys are just missing their shots.

Down 70-64 with 1 minute to go.

We miss a 3 by Andres. We get the offensive board.. Santos gets a good look and misses it. They get the board and we have to foul.

It was a road game, but this 6-11, now 7-11 team isn't the team that I expected our winning streak to come to an end to but it has.

We lose 74-66.

Bauer was the player of the game with 20 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 13 from the field and 4 of 4 from the line. The 7'0 260 pound center is rated 95 for close shooting and it shows. I'll be glad when the senior goes. He did all of that in only 20 minutes.

Their inside depth is crazy. Wierzba had 10 points and 10 boards in 28 minutes and Leadbetter had 10 points and 10 boards in 23 minutes.

They outrebounded us 51-34. We were 18 of 36 from the FT line and it cost us this game. They were 15 of 21 from the line.

Santos led us with 29 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and a block. He shot 11 of 16, 1 of 4, and 6 of 10.

Everett had 3 points, 1 assist, and 3 steals. He shot 0 of 6. He also had 3 turnovers.

Hodari had 14 points and 4 assists. He shot 5 of 11.

Andres had 11 points, 9 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 3 of 13.

Bogans had 2 points, 9 boards, and an assist.

Snow had only 5 points in 15 minutes.

Our next game is at Saint Peter's. They are 11-7 and will be a challenge with a good interior presence as well (but not as good as Bauer.)
Old 03-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #233
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The game started fine, but a 12-0 run has us down 24-10 with 10 minutes to go. I rest all of our staters except Santos to try to get some fresh energy in to stop the run.

That worked briefly, but they responded with another run after we cut their lead to 7. Down 41-26 at the half.

Fields, their PF, has 8 points and 8 boards at the half. Channing their center has 8 piints and 8 boards at the half as well as we are getting on the inside again. Both players are big and skilled and we can't match up with them...

An ugly game. We were down by as much as 28. They put backups in late and we closed within 15, but we lose 77-59.

They were well balanced with 2 great interior players and 2 very solid guards.

They outrebounded us 38-25.

They also had 15 steals to our 6 and 42 points in the paint to our 24.

Fields, their PF, was the player of the game with 16 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. Channing, their center, had 12 points and 10 boards. Their SF had 12 points and 5 boards.

Santos led us with 18 points, 6 boars, 3 assists, and 3 steals. He also had 8 turnovers! He shot 8 of 15, 1 of 1, and 1 of 1.

Andres had 7 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, and 3 turnovers. He shot 3 of 14 including 0 of 4 from the arc.

Hodari had 6 points. Everett had 6 points and 2 assists. He shot 3 of 6.

Snow had 11 points off the bench.

Hopefully, Andres snaps out of this shooting slump soon.

We are now 15-3. Our next game is at Rider which should be very winnable. They are 10-11. I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #234
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The first 12-14 minutes with Rider was close, but once we got our starters back in with 6 minutes to go, they came out like a different team. We ran off a 16-0 run that helped build a 49-29 lead at the half.

Andres is back and is the player of the half. He has 13 points, 1 board, 2 assists, and 1 turnover. He shot 5 of 9 in the half.

Everett also had a big half with 11 points and 2 assists.

With 11 minutes to go and a 67-44 lead, I rest most of my starters. I'm hoping my bench can keep the lead going so that I don't have to put my starters back into the game.

They close within 15 with 5 minutes to go, so I put my starters back into the game.

Our starters finish it out easily. We win 84-66.

Everett is the player of the game. 17 points, 5 assists, 4 steals. He shot 4 of 6, 0 of 1, and 9 of 11. He also had 1 turnover.

Andres had 21 points, 3 assists, 1 board, 1 block, and 2 turnovers. He shot 8 of 15, 3 of 5, and 2 of 2.

Hodari had 11 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 2 steals.

Santos had 12 points, 6 boards, and 1 assist.

Bogans had 5 points, 11 boards, and a block.

Snow had 10 points, an assist, and a steal.

Our next game is hosting Saint Peter's who is now 13-8. After they embarassed us last week, I want to embarass them at our place.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #235
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This is the best effort I've seen from my team in weeks. High tempo offense, fast pressuring offense. We are making some mistakes, but they are a talented team so that is unavoidable. Still, we are up 20-10 at the 12 minute mark with everyone in my starting 5 contributing. The crowd loves our fast tempo.

They gradually work their way back into the game as our starters tire, but we go into the half with a 38-31 lead. One concern is that Santos has 3 fouls which led to him sitting the last 4 minutes of the half which is when they chipped the lead away.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 14 points, 4 boards, 2 steals, 1 assist, and 1 block.

They close within 1 with 7 minutes left, but Snow responds with a 3. 53-49. They've done a good job of slowing down the offensive pace of both teams in the 2nd half and using their inside presence to pound us and work the lead down.

Up by 5, with 3:20 to go, Andres comes flying across the lane to block a layup attempt and we get a fastbreak basket by Hendriks to extend the lead to 7.

Andres with good defense the next time down the floor and they miss the 3. He drives into the lane and draws the foul. He hits both FT's to make it a 9 point lead with 2:45 to go.

After they make a 2 pointer, Andres with a 16 footer to extend the lead back to 9. 1:45 to go. 67-58.

We each miss baskets before they hit a 3 to make it 67-61. 37 seconds left. They intentionally foul Everett. He misses the 1st FT of a back and back, but Bogans gets the board and slams it home!

Santos blocks their 3 point attempt and they have to foul.

We finish it out. 72-63 win for us.

Andres is the player of the game. 24 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. He shot 8 of 16, 1 of 2, and 7 of 7.

Everett had 5 points, 2 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 2 of 4.

Hodari had 10 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist.

Santos had 15 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 11.

Bogans had 4 points, 9 boards, and a steal.

Snow had 12 points and 2 steals in 19 minutes.

Pait should be ready to come back for either our next game or the game after that

Our next opponent is 11-12 Manhattan. They are rated 72 in overall talent and I expect a sound victory, particularly at home. We have a recruit visiting during this game as well.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Before the game started, our staff told us that Pait's ankle is taking longer to heal than expected. He'll need at least another week (that is a very cool feature I think)

Andres personally scores 13 in a 13-0 run for us to start the game.

We are up 43-22.

Andres is the player of the half with 24 points, 3 boards, 2 steals, and 1 assist. He has shot 8 of 16, 2 of 8, and 6 of 8 in the half.

Santos has 10 on an efficient 3 of 3 shooting and 3 of 4 from the line.

Andres' career high is 36. I think he might break that this game if we don't blow them out too quickly.

Andres starts the half with a powerful dunk off a spin move in the post. Then, he gets a steal and fast break dunk. After a good defensive stop, Everett finds Andres for a 3. Then, after another stop, Andres leaks out on the fast break for a dunk attempt that is disrupted by a foul. He hits both FT's and is up to 33 points scored with 18 minutes left in the game.

After a missed 3 by Andres, we get a good defensive board by Bogans who passes it to Everett who passes it to Andres who leaked ahead of everyone. Fast break dunk!

After they hit a 3, Everett passes to Andres in the post who puts a double move on his man. He misses the shot but is fouled. He makes both FT's and now has 37.

Andres is tired, so I rest him with 15 minutes to go. He might get back in if we don't turn it into a complete blowout these next few minutes. It's 58-31 now.

Santos takes over the scoring with Andres out. We are up 74-48 with 8 minutes to go. Even though I shouldn't, I put Andres in along with my scrubs. He'll get his chance at 40.

He gets his 40 on his first 2 shots and I get him out of there with 41 points. We are up by 33 with 6 minutes to go.

We cruise to the win. 90-59. Good to see that the little bump in the road is past us for the moment.

Andres is the player of the game. 41 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, 1 block, and 5 steals. He shot 14 of 24, 3 of 9, and 10 of 12.

Santos had 20 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, 3 steals, and a turnover. He sot 7 of 8, 2 of 2, and 4 of 5.

Everett had 2 points, 7 assists, and a steal.

Hodari had 5 points, 2 boards, and 3 steals.

Bogans had 0 points, 12 boards, 2 assists, and a stea.

Snow had 5 points, 2 boards, an assist, and 4 steals.

I guess I mis-read the injury report, because the training staff now tells me that Pait is 100%

DeShaun Simon greatly enjoyed this game and his entire trip to our campus. He tells us that he is almost positive that he will sign with us. DeShaun is the 7'0 277 pound senior center from Winston-Salem, NC. He is a 2 star player who is ranked 486 overall and 27th among centers. Our biggest competition for him now is Elon. He is a solid rebounder, shot blocker, and dunker. He also has good mobility for a big man and decent hands for a big man. He is very strong.

We are now 18-3. Our next game is at the other powerhouse team of our conference. Loyola (MD) is 19-5. Their overall talent base wouldn't predict that type of record, but they are a well balanced team.

However, their best player, center Donald Burton, is out for this game with a busted nose. Burton is a terrific inside scorer and great shot blocker who is averaging 18 ppg for them, so he will be missed. As a result, I think we should have a big advantage over them. Their other weapons are:

SG Bob Engle - 6'3 225 pounds and a great 3 point shooter. Scoring 17 ppg. Shooting 44% from the arc.

SG/PG Charlie Walsh is from Vineland, NJ. He is 6'1 205 and is a fast slasher who can shoot the 3. Not a great passer who can turn it over quite a bit.

SG/SF Ralfeal Carson is 6'5 230 and very athletic. Great speed but Andres should shoot right over him if they start him.

Romain Gunn is a 6'9 220 pound SF who is a good defender but is a bad shooter and very limited offensively.

Everyone else on their team is backup quality compared to our team.

I'll play that game later today or possibly tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-15-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start out with a defensively oriented game. We are up 6-4 5 minutes into the game. However, Andres then goes off on a 6-0 run and at the 10 minute mark, we are up 15-6.

Pait has played well so far, but he and Andres are tired. I get Snow and Bogans in off the bench.

We had a big lead of 25-15 with 6 minutes to go, but they put together a run to end the half and we go into halftime only up by 2. 28-26.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 11 points, 2 boards, and 2 turnovers. He has shot 5 of 8.

I paused this game for a long time at halftime to watch the Georgia-Miss State game (which was very entertaining once I realized it was on a TV station that I could get.)

Now onto the second half.

With 11 minutes to go, I have to rest Andres, Everett, and Pait. I use Hendriks, Snow, and Bogans. We are down 41-36.

Down 52-44 with 5 minutes to go. Everett has a shot blocked in the lane.

They get a fastbreak basket on the other end. We respond with a 3 by Snow to cut the lead to 7. Our next possession Hodari hits a 3 to cut it to 4! 2:24 to go. 54-50.

We force a missed 3, but they get an offensive board and the putback. 56-50.

Andres misses a jumper and they come down the floor and get a quick basket inside. 58-50 with under a minute left now.

Andres misses a 3. We intentionally foul and they hit both of them. Santos misses a 3. Game over. 60-50 loss.

Gunn did a good job defensively on Andres in the 2nd half. Boyden,a player I overlooked in my preview, did a very good job offensively and was the player of the game with 18 points. Their center, Appleby had 12 points and 10 boards as well.

Andres led us with 17 points and had 6 boards along with 3 turnovers. He shot 6 of 18, 1 of 4, and 4 of 7.

Santos had 8 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists.

Everett had 5 points and 5 assists.

Hodari had 6 points and 5 boards.

Pait had 4 points, 6 boards, and a block.

Bogans had 2 points and 7 boards off the bench.

Snow had 8 points and 2 boards in 19 minutes.

Our next opponent is Iona who is evenly matched with us. That game is also on the road. They are 13-10. They have been hit hard by injuries, but everyone is able to play in this game, although 2 of their guards are a bit dinged up.

SF R.J. Schaen is their main star who can do it all. He is averaging 17 ppg and 7 rpg. SG Prosper Collier is always a tough player to guard as he is very quick and he can hit the 3. PG Alejandro Martinez is one of the few players who can match Everett's speed in this conference, but he is banged up. I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #238
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They are up 9-8 at the 15 minute mark. Andres hasn't scored yet. Schaen with good defense on him.

At the 10 minute mark, they are up 14-12. I've rested Andres for the last 3 minutes and he is about to come back at near full strength. My other starters are tiring and will rest.

Andres is struggling to score, but other guys are stepping up and the defense has been solid. Down 20-18 at the 5 minute mark.

Andres gets it going a bit in the last 5 minutes, but we can never take the lead. Down 26-24 at the half.

Schaen is the player of the half. He had 2 big dunks which got their crowd fired up and a midrange jumper. He has 6 points and 2 steals at the half.

Andres has 10 points, 2 assists, 1 board, and 2 turnovers. He has shot 5 of 8.

Covering Schaen is exhausting Andres, he leaves the game to rest with 16 minutes left..

At the 15 minute mark, we are tied at 34. Everett is starting to beat his man with some regularity.

At the 10 minute mark, we are up 45-39 thanks to a nice run that Everett got us going on. He is breaking into the lane frequently. However, he is now exhausted and will sit for a few.

We are up 50-45 with 7 mintues to go when I get Andres back into the game. His first touch they foul him on a 3 point attempt. He makes all 3 of the FT's.

Next possession, Andres gets a 4th foul on Schaen who leaves the game.

We had a 57-47 lead with 4:30 to go, but they hit 2 3's to get their crowd into it and get us nervous. However, Andres quiets the crowd down some by spinning off his man and driving to the hoop and finishing with a double pump jam. 59-53. Just under 3 minutes left.

Andres with a partial block of their next 3 point attempt

Everett drives into the lane and draws a foul. He hits the first but misses the 2nd.. Andres with the offensive board and he puts it up and in! 62-53.

Defense is the key the last 2 minutes. We win 62-56.

Andres is the player of the game. 21 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, a block, and 2 turnovers. He shot 9 of 17, 0 of 4, and 3 of 3.

Everett had 15 points, 4 assists, 3 steals. and 1 turnover.

Hodari had 8 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

Santos had 7 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

Pait had 2 points, 13 boards, 1 assist, and 2 steals.

Snow had 11 points and 2 boards.

Andres also held their star, Schaen, to 4 of 14 shooting for 8 points as he did a much better job on him in the 2nd half.

Next up is Fairfield. They are 11-13 and their overall talent is 77. They have a big freshman center, Varney Aladi, who is talented and is a good inside scorer already, although he is only scoring 6 ppg. Other than that, they don't have any worrisome matchups for us. Their PG is slow. Their shooters aren't that good. We should be able to beat them comfortably, particularly at home.

We beat them at their place earlier this year, 69-53.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-16-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #239
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Despite their reliance on a zone, Everett gets 2 quick fouls on their PG.

We play a fast tempo offense, but we are sloppy on defense and they are keeping pace. 20-19, we lead at the 10 minute mark. Everett and Andres sit down for a bit.

Up 34-31 at the 5 minute mark with Everett and Andres coming back. Santos and Hodari are going to the bench to rest.

First play in, off a rebound by Bogans, quick outlet to Everett who is running a fastbreak with Andres on the wing.. he throws it Andres who spins past the lone defender and slams it home after a hesitation pump! The crowd is going crazy.

That starts a 14-0 run which ends with an Andres dunk just before the halftime buzzer. 44-31 at the half.

Andres is the player of the half with 17 points, 6 boards, and 1 assist. He is shooting 7 of 11 and 3 of 6 from the arc.

Everett has 7 assists at the half as he picks apart their zone.

With 10 minutes to go, we are up 67-54. Everett continue to dissect their defenses. He has 14 assists. Andres is hitting from all over the court tonight. However, both now need to rest. Pait also takes a breather.

Although I wanted to get them back into the game, I couldn't justify it as we went on another big run and built a 80-56 lead. I pull my starters with 5 minutes to go.

We win the game 90-67.

Andres is the player of the game with 31 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, and 1 turnover. He shot 12 of 20, 7 of 11 from the arc. He only played 25 minutes due to the huge win.

Everett also only played 25 minutes. He finished with 3 points, 14 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers.

Hodari had 13 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

Santos had 13 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, and 4 steals.

Pait had 1 point and 2 boards in 23 minutes.

Bogans had 0 points and 6 boards in 17 minutes.

Snow as the main scorer for the 2nd team, he had 24 points on 9 of 12 shooting, 5 of 7 from the arc, and 1 of 1 from the line.

Hendriks had 5 points and 4 assists as the backup PG.

Next up we have Loyola (MD) now at our place. They are 20-7. They beat us 60-50 at their place 2 weeks ago. They are tied with us for 1st in the conference standings.

They are still missing their center Donald Burton and I'll be very surprised if they beat us again, particularly at our place. After this game, we only have 2 more regular season games which I probably won't play until next weekend. Now, to beat Loyola.

Right before the game, the doctors announce that Donald Burton is able to play in this game. This is the first day that he is 100% healed from his broken wrist. That will make them considerably more challenging. We'll have to consider double teaming him if he starts dominating too much down low.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Down 10-4 at the 15 minute mark. Their guards are beating ours right now.

At the 12 minute mark, we are down 14-7 and Andres and Everett are both tired. Andres has all of my points, but he has to rest.

We tie it at 24 with 5 minutes to go mainly thanks to Snow who has been hitting his shots.

Down 37-35 at the half. We have to cut down our turnovers. They have generated too many steals and that has been our biggest issue. Also, Engle is killing us behind the arc. He has 14 points and is the player of the half.

Snow is our leading scorer with 12 at the half. Andres has 5 and Santos has 6.

Andres was absolutely crushed on a dunk attempt.. He goes down hard, but gets right back up. We are on the start of a run having scored the last 5 points.

We are up 43-41 at the 15 minute mark. That hard hit on Andres ended our scoring run and they responded with their own brief run to close the gap.

Up 66-61 with 5 minutes to go. Snow has been making big shots while Andres has been resting the last few minutes.

They get a 2 and the foul down low to pull within 2. 68-66 with 3 minutes to go.

Santos with a basket in the post on a fadeaway jumper and then the steal!

They block Santos shot attempt. They miss their shot and Andres with the board. 1:30 to go.

We exchange missed shots, before Andres gets a good screen and goes baseline for the reverse jam! 72-66 with 54 seconds to go.

A quick basket inside makes it 72-68. They intentionally foul Everett who hits both FT's.

A missed 3 and they foul Pait when he rebounds it. He hits both FT's. A quick 3 keeps them barely in it. Everett hits all of his FT's down the stretch and we win it.

We win 80-73.

Despite Snow leading the team in scoring, Santos wins player of the game. He had 14 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He shot 4 of 12, and 6 of 6 from the line.

Everett had 14 points, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 2 of 8 and 10 of 10 from the line.

Hodari had 7 points, 1 board, and 1 steal.

Andres had 13 points, 7 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 3 of 9, 1 of 3, and 6 of 6.

Pait had 4 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks.

Snow had 22 points and 1 assist. He shot 9 of 13, 3 of 4, and 1 of 1.

In recruiting news, it looks like we are coming after Grove too late. He has told us he is most likely going to Michigan State. Still, since they haven't offered him a scholarship, I keep pursuing him.

In better news, DeShaun Simon has told us that he is 99% certain he will sign with us as soon as possible. The other good news is that SG/SF Friedrich Collins who is an excellent midrange shooter has told us that we have moved ahead of Buffalo and St. Joes on his list to his #1 school. He'd like to come to the campus for our final regular season game and check it out. Of course, we agree. (note this is RP. In actuality, it just finally became a recruiting option for the first time as I got his interest high enough.)

Our next game is at Manhattan. We beat them 90-59 at home a few weeks ago. Our final game is at Sienna which played us tightly at our place. We are currently 21-4 and have a great chance to finish at least 22-5 (14-4). If we do so, we should win the conference regular season title and be the #1 seed in the tourney.

We are now the #6 team in the Mid Major Poll.

#1 Miami (OH) 19-5
2. Norht Texas 25-5
3. Nevada 18-5
4. UL Lafayette 19-6
5. Jacksonville 23-4

Now to catch up with the UNC-Clemson game on the DVR. I'll finish out the regular season on Friday (I'm off) if I don't get a chance sooner.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #241
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kragel, Manhatten's massive center gets 4 early points, but by the 16 minute mark, we have 2 fouls on him and he leaves the game.

Once he leaves, they have a bit of a hole in the middle and we have a huge athletic advantage, so we start running heavily.

Up 25-16 at the 10 minute mark.

We enter halftime with a 44-32 lead. Hodari and Andres are thriving in our uptempo offense today.

Hodari gets chosen as player of the half, but I would have chosen Andres.

Hodari has had more dunks. He has 11 points, 2 assists, and 1 board. He has shot 5 of 7.

Andres has 11 points, 5 boards, and 1 steal. He has shot 4 of 5.

Everett has 5 points and 6 assists at the half.

With 5 minutes to go, we are up 67-61.

Everett with a pick and roll with Bogans, gives it to Bogans who hits a 16 foot open jumper! 69-61. Their big center has shut down the middle and slowed the game down, but he didn't defend that play well.

They hit a 3 with 1:15 left to cut the lead to 5. Andres misses his shot, but we defend their 3 point attempt. They foul Andres who got the board. He misses his FT, but Bogans gets the offensive tip in for 2.

They hit a quick 2. They foul Everett. He misses his FT. Kragel, their big center gets the board. A quick 3.. they hit it! 75-73 with 14 seconds left.

They foul Everett with 12 seconds left. This time he hits his first FT... and the 2nd! 77-73.

A quick 3.. no a 2.. his foot was on the line! They foul Everett with 5 seconds left. Everett hits both FT's to make it 79-75.

We win the game 79-77. Closer than I expected, but a win is a win.

Andres is the player of the game. 20 points, 7 boards, 2 steals. He shot 8 of 15, 2 of 6, and 2 of 2.

Everett had 9 points, 10 assists, 1 board, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers. He shot 2 of 5, 1 of 2, and 4 of 6.

Hodari had 13 points, 3 assists, and 2 boards.

Santos had 15 points, 2 boards, and an assist.

Pait had 9 points and 4 boards.

Now, we finish the regular season with a game at 16-10 Siena. We are 22-4. If we win this game, we definitely win the regular season conference championship. If we lose, we coul tie with Loyola (MD).

Siena will be very tough at their place.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #242
Tellistto
College Prospect

Good luck! Hopefully the conference tourney goes your way this season too, better to have that automatic bid into the big dance.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #243
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Since we are on the road against a good team, we are slowing it down to try to at least keep the crowd out of it. We are up 14-12 at the 10 minute mark.

We are down 31-29 at the half. They are shooting 55% while we are shooting 41%, but we are outrebounding them, we are stealing it more, and we are taking better care of the ball in general.

Starkey, their PG, is the player of the half. He has 9 points and 4 assists as Everett is still having trouble containing him.

Andres leads us with 10 points but he is 3 of 11 from the floor.

We are up 50-44 with 8 minutes to go when I get a rested Andres back into the game.

They go on a 6-0 run to tie it at 50 before Hodari draws a foul outside the arc while shooting. He hits 2 of 3. They hit a 3 to take the lead and their crowd is going wild. 53-52. 4:50 left.

After missed baskets by both sides, Everett and Andres on the break.. Everett with a perfect lob to Andres for an alley-oop! 54-53.

Our next possession, Andres draws a foul in the post. He hits the first but misses the 2nd, but Bogans gets the board and puts it back in! 57-53 and the crowd is quieting down.

Lampley, their center, draws a foul down low. He hits 1 of 2 FT's.

Andres on the other end, spins off his defender drives to the hole and gets fouled by Lampley. He misses both FT's, but Santos gets the board and is fouled. Santos makes both FT's. 59-54.

Watkins, their SF makes a 16 footer. 59-56. 2:10 left.

With 5 seconds left, Andres draws a foul in the post. He hits both FT's. 61-56.

Good defense by Andres as he is in the face of their star SF who misses a 3. They get the offensive board. Quick shot by their SG.. he misses it. Andres with the board. We work the clock to 8 seconds, Andres shoots and misses. They come down quickly and hit a quick 2. 61-58 with 23 seconds left.

They foul Everett. He makes both FT's. They attempt a quick 3 and miss. Bogans with the board, passes it quickly to Andres who is fouled. Andres hits both FT's.

We finish it out. 67-60 win!

Andres is the player of the game. 23 points, 6 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 7 of 20, 2 of 11, and 7 of 10.

Everett finished with 11 points, 2 assists, and a steal. He also played decently on Starkey in the 2nd half. Starkey finished with 13 points and 7 assists.

Hodari had 8 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

Santos had 12 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, and a steal.

Pait had 4 points and 4 boards.

Snow only had 4 points in 14 minutes on 1 of 5 shooting.

We finish the regular season 23-4 and as Metro Atlantic Regular Season Champions

As a result, we are the #1 seed in the Metro Atlantic Tourney and we get a bye into the 2nd round where we end up getting matched up with Fairfield who beat Canisus 82-60. Fairfield should be an easy matchup for us at home. Despite our lofty record, our RPI is only 51, so we need this win and a few more to guarantee our spot in the Big Dance.

Edit: The Conference Tourney is at a neutral site not at our home. Actually, it looks like Siena's court.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #244
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are up 8-4 at the 15 minute mark. Andres with 5 early.

Up 12-6 at the 10 minute mark, then Snow came into the game....

Snow hits 4 3's in a row including 2 within 10 seconds after he steals it and jacks up a quick 3! Snow is on fire. 24-6 at the 8 minute mark.

They start covering him much better and he cools off, but the team is rolling.

We enter the half leading 41-17.

We've held them to 24% from the field and 1 of 15 from the arc.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 12 points and 4 boards. Snow also has 12 points.

With a 61-30 lead and 8 minutes to play, I rest my starters.

We win the game 68-38.

Andres wins player of the game. 22 points, 6 boards, and an assist. He shot 8 of 11, 3 of 5, and 3 of 3.

Everett finished with 7 points and 7 assists.

Hodari had 9 points, 3 boards, nad 2 assists.

Santos had 7 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, and 2 steals.

Pait had 8 boards and a block.

Snow had 19 points as he shot 5 of 9 from the arc and 7 of 13 overall.

Watching the CBS Show, we are projected as a "definite in" team for the tourney and are currently projected to be a 9th seed in the Charlotte regional.

Still I want the automatic bid. Next up is Iona. We last beat them at their place 62-56. They beat Rider 91-66 to advance to play us. If we beat them, we'll play either Siena or Marist in the Metro Atlantic Championship Game. Marist barely beat Loyola (MD) 75-74 and Siena crushed Saint Peter's 108-64.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #245
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the 12 minute mark, Everett needs to rest. We are up 11-9.

They tie it at 19 with 6 minutes to go.

We are down 31-26 at the half as they started drilling 3's towards the end of the half. They are shooting 46% from the field while we are shooting 39%.

Schaen, their SF, is the player of the half. He has 7 points, 2 boards, and 2 blocks.

Everett leads our team with 9 points and 2 assists.

Andres has 4 points and is being shut down by Schaen. He also has turned it over 4 times.

Everett to a cutting Andres for a slam dunk to start the 2nd half!

Andres is scoring more in the 2nd half. We are down 40-39 with 12 minutes to go after an Andres 12 footer.

With 9:42 to go, Snow hits a 3 to give us a 44-43 lead.

We are up 50-45 with 5 minutes to go when I get rested starters back into the game.

We've had a 5 point lead down the stretch. We have a 58-53 lead with a minute left. With Snow and Andres providing most of the scoring down the stretch.

Everett with a steal and they have to foul him. He hits 1 of 2 FT's.

We win the game 61-53.

Everett is the player of the game. 14 points, 4 asists, 2 steals, 1 board, and 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 9, 1 of 3, and 5 of 6.

Hodari had 8 points and 2 assists.

Andres had 13 points, 3 boards, and 3 steals.

Santos had 8 points and 8 boards.

Pait had 4 points, 9 boards, and 2 assists.

Snow had 14 points and an assist on 5 of 13 shooting, 2 of 8 from the arc.

Siena beat Marist 92-68 to advance to face us in the Tourney Final.

We are now 25-4 and all but assured of advancing to the Big Dance. Siena has little shot to advance unless they beat us. But, I still want to win our first conference championship and will be pushing the guys hard.

I'll play the championship either later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are tied with Siena at 17 with 10 minutes to go in the 1st half. Buboltz has 5 points to lead them. Andres leads us with 5.

Up 28-21 at the 5 minute mark thanks to a scoring burst by Snow.

We enter the half up 35-28. We are ahead in every major area.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 8 points and 3 boards. Everett has 7 points and Santos has 6. Also, Snow has 6 at the half.

2 minutes into the 2nd half, Everett gets a 3rd foul on their center, Lampley. A minute later, he sets Santos up for a 3. Santos makes it despite getting fouled. 4 point play!

With 11:42 to go, Santos gets a defensive board, throws it down the court to Andres who leaked ahead.. he is all alone, windmill slam dunk! 52-41.

With 8:24 to go, our starters need a rest. We are leading 52-45.

An unexpected hero! Meeking hits 3 3's during the next 4 minutes. Sure, they were all open looks generated by passes from Santos (our only starter on the court) or Snow, but he doesn't usually knock those down. Tonight he was 3 of 3 on them and helped build our lead while our starters rested.

65-51 with 3 minutes to go when I finally get my rested starters back into the game.

Andres with a few big baskets down the stretch and we finish it off! 75-61 win

Andres is the player of the game: 21 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, and a turnover. He shot 7 of 12, 4 of 7, and 3 of 3.

Everett had 9 points and 7 assists.

Hodari had 7 points and 3 boards.

Santos had 14 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

Pait had 2 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks.

Snow had 11 points and an assist.

Meeking had 9 points on 3 of 3 shooting, all from behind the arc.

My first conference championship

We are now 26-4. Now, we just have to watch the selection show and see which bracket we are in and what seed we get.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #247
rjolley
College Starter

W00H00!!! Congrats!!!
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #248
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

First the 4 #1 seeds are announced:

Michigan State (32-2) in the East, Syracuse (28-4) in the South, UNLV (31-1) in the Midwest, and North Carolina (25-5) in the West. Interesting locations..

Interesting Matchups in the East in the 1st round:

Georgetown is the #2 seed in the East.

#8 Arizona (23-10) vs #9 Mississippi State (22-12)
#5 USC (24-8) vs #12 Cal Poly (21-8)
#6 Duke (19-10) vs #11 Detroit (25-6)

We aren't in the East.

Interesting Matchups in the South:

Tennessee is the #2 seed in the South

#5 W. Virginia (23-10) vs #12 Troy (23-11)
#6 Oregon (22-9) vs #11 BYU (21-10)

We aren't in the South.

Interesting Midwest Matchups:

We are an 8 seed! We will face #9 Indiana (22-10)
#4 Pittsburgh (23-9) vs #13 Temple (21-12)

Crud. I just realized as the #8 seed that if we win, we face UNLV in the 2nd round. That will make my goal of reaching the Sweet 16 very difficult.

Kansas is the #2 seed in the Midwest.

Interesting Matchups in the West:

LSU is the 2nd seed in the West.

#6 Maryland (24-8) vs #11 Northwestern (20-11)
#7 UCLA (22-12) vs #10 UConn (18-13)
Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #249
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at Indiana's Roster:

They are missing their star PG (rated 90 overall!) due to a broken bone in his foot. He will be out for this game.

They still have a very talented starting 5:

SF Deshaun Mutombo is 6'8 210 pounds and is rated 89 overall. He is the best defender Andres has ever faced as well as being the most athletic player he has ever faced. He is also a very good midrange shooter and an ok 3 point shooter. Besides that, he is a great ball handler with point guard type skills.

Treg Ebong is the backup PG but he has starting talent with an overall rating of 86. He is 6'1 190 pounds. He is a very fast player who is quicker than Everett on film. He is a tremendous passer, tremendous ball handling skills, a great shooter, a smothering defender, and his only weakness is his poor stamina.

PF Blake Phillips is 6'9 225 pounds. He is rated 86 overall. He is a good inside scorer. He is a tremendous finisher on the break. He is an excellent post defender. He is a shot blocker with all around excellent athleticism.

SG Justin Souchu is 6'6 240 pounds. He isn't very athletic, but he is a great shooter who can drill the 3 from anywhere on the court. He is also an excellent passer and is a decent defender. He is rated 81 overall.

They don't have a true center, but will probably start Najeeb Mascoll there. He is 6'8 220 and is rated 68 overall. That will be our only position of advantage.

A very difficult challenge for us. They are rated 88 in overall talent even without their star PG. I'll play this game after the current set of games are done on TV.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #250
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Andres hits his first 3 of the game after Everett gets him the ball.

Mutombo steals it from Andres the next time he gets it and runs down the court and strokes a perfect 3.

They are up 11-3 at the 15 minute mark and Mutombo already has 7 points and is playing great defense.

We were starting to get blown out 19-9, but Snow came in with 10:40 to go and ignited a run that got us back into it. Down 26-20 with 6 minutes to go.

We go into the half down 37-29. Their outside shooting is VERY good. They are shooting 57% from the floor so far.

Mutombo is the player of the half. He is playing very well on defense and he has 9 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists.

I'm surprised to see that Andres has 10, I thought he had less. He is 3 of 9 from the floor, 1 of 3 from the arc, 3 of 4 from the line. He'll need a big second half to get us back into it. No one else is shooting well, except for Everett who has 5 points and 3 assists.

Snow also has 9 points on 3 of 6 shooting.

Andres gets 2 quick fouls on Mutombo to start the 2nd half and he leaves the game with 3!!!

Despite that, Indiana is creating turnovers, getting alley-oops, 3's and other plays that has the crowd going crazy. 45-31 with 16 minutes to go. I call timeout.

They build a 16 point lead, but Everett starts drilling some 3's and pulls us back within 8. 52-44. 13 minutes left.

Everett and Andres are exhausted and we start trailing off again before I rest them. Down 57-47 with 10 minutes to go when I pull them. It's going to be up to Chatman, Snow, and Santos mainly for the next few minutes..

Santos with a block that starts a fastbreak that ends with a Hodari slam. A few minutes later we close the gap to 6. 59-53. 7 minutes to go. However, 2 3's by them quickly widens the gap to double digits again.

A steal and dunk by Santos brings us back within 7 after we had a basket on a previous possession.

64-59 with 5:40 to go when we get a stop and fast break. Hodari is fouled on the break. He hits both FT's! 64-61.

Santos with a steal and we get a fast break going! Hendriks is fouled on the break. He hits 1 of 2. They get Ebong back into the game as their backup backup PG is not a good ball handler.

Ebong drills a 3 to make it 67-62.

Hodari breaks Souchu down and draws a foul. He hits both FT's. 67-64 with 4 minutes to go.

Santos tipped a pass and Hodari gets the steal. We pass it to Santos in the post.. they double him.. he kicks it out.. work it around to Snow in the corner.. he hits the 3! Tied at 67!

Mutombo with a 16 foot jumper to give them the lead.

Santos responds with 12 foot open shot. Tied at 69.

Hodari steals it from Souchu! He starts the fast break.. Snow is fouled!

Snow hits both FT's. We lead 71-69 with 2:44 to go.

Phillips draws a foul in the post. He makes both FT's. Tied at 71.

We work the clock, no good shots, Everett gets a screen, drives into the lane, kicks it to an open Hodari.. he drills the 3!!! 74-71. We trap as usual after the basket and Andres gets a steal!!!

Hodari misses a 3 point attempt this time, Santos gets the board, but they steal his kickout pass. Fast break.. Everett fouls Shumate, their backup SG. He hits both FT's. 74-73. 1:17 to go.

We run our favorite play: Everett passes to Andres on the right wing.. he has the opportunity to shoot, but since that is covered, he runs off a screen and into the lane, they collapse on him and he kicks it out to Santos for a 15 footer! 76-73. Under a minute left.

Souchu misses a 3 with Hodari guarding him! Santos with the board. 44 seconds left.. we'll work the clock.

Santos misses a 3 at the buzzer. They move it up court.. Mutombo shoots a 3 over Andres.. he misses it.. Phillips get the board.. kicks it out to Ebong.. he shoots the 3.. misses it.. they get the board.. time expires!!

We win! We win!!! 76-73!

Hodari was the player of the game: 22 points, 5 steals, 2 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 5 of 8, 4 of 5, and 8 of 8.

Everett had 10 points and 5 assists. He shot 3 of 6, 2 of 3, and 2 of 2.

Andres had 14 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, and 3 steals. He shot 5 of 16, 1 of 5, and 3 of 4.

Santos had 13 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 5 steals, and a block. He shot 6 of 11, 0 of 1, and 1 of 1.

Snow had 16 points off the bench on 4 of 8 shooting, 4 of 6, and 4 of 6.

Our next opponent is.....

#1 UNLV who crushed #16 Hartford 103-53.

UNLV is now 32-1. Their overall team talent is 95. Their shooting is 98.

Here is a look at their top 10:

SF Edmund Billings is a senior with overall rating of 89. He is 6'8 240. He is a very good defender (not as good as Mutombo) who is an excellent shooter, excellent passer, and great athlete.

SG Edward Fox is senior who is rated 88 overall. He is 6'5 220. He is an athletic player who can dunk with the best of them, but also can shoot the 3 from anywhere. One of the best 3 point shooters in the country. He is also is an excellent midrange shooter. He averaged 20.8 ppg this season.

SR PF Edgar Sykres is rated 87 overall. He is 6'7 210 pounds. He is a dynamic rebounder, a scoring machine inside with a variety of post moves, wo is a great post defender, and a good passer. Surprisingly strong for his size.

SR SF Ernie Waller is rated 86 overall. He is 6'8 238 pounds. He is a fast, athletic dunker who can also shoot and play decent defense. Has amazing stamina.

Sophomore SF Francis Ravello is 6'5 215 pounds and he is great 3 point shooter. He is rated 84 overall and it's mainly because he can shoot so well.

SR PG Grant Sanders is 5'11 185 and is one of the fastest players in the country (faster than Everett), he has incredible moves (much better than Everett), he is a good defender, and he is a very good 3 point shooter, and is a great finisher in the lane. Rated 84 overall.

JR PG W.M Farrell is 6'5 205 pounds. He is almost as fast as Grant, almost as good of a passer, and he is a much better shooter. Rated 83 overall.

SR C Tristan Acker is 6'10 280 pounds and he is rated 81 overall. He is one of the best shot blockers in the contry. He is a great post defender, a terrific rebounder, and a good post scorer who can also hit a midrange jumper.

JR SG Lodrick Sandoval is 6'4 195 and is rated 81 overall. He is a defensive specialist.

FR SG Aron Cage is rated 80 already and he is a 3 point specialist. He is 6'5 210.

FR PG Sollie Howel is already rated 79 and he is also a 3 point specialist who is as good of a ball handler as Everett.

They have insane shooting talent and depth on this team. Getting them into foul trouble like we did against Indiana isn't going to work too well.

I'll play that game tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 10:07 PM.