Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today we travel to Hull and we are favored significantly. We still have to do a professional job though. No changes to the roster save for Avci coming in to the Mbemba/Gromstad spot. We’ll probably lose just as soon as we take the top spot. We do lose, 2-0. Leicester have fired their HC and I am the favorite to replace him, so I deny rumors.

Our next game is today vs Huddersfield, which we are heavy favorites for. I pull a tired Ilunga for both Gromstad and Mbemba. Salku is back from injury and I put him on our squad, replacing Montano. We win 2-1, Dongou is MOM with both goals. Gromstad picks up an injury for a week.

Today is the league Cup game vs Bolton away, and this I will play myself. If we win this, we are in the quarter finals. Barnet in L2 is still in, they are woodshed time v Blackburn. We are in, and Bolton is in from the Championship. Assuming Barnet loses, the winner of our match is the only non EPL team to make the QFs Let’s see what happens. Ilunga is in for Gromstad. I begin countering. We are underdogs. Bolton have bad morale though, maybe that will play a factor. Definitely some Bolton pressure early. They get a goal kick in the 7th minute, intercepted by Murphy. It makes it t Dongou who heads it to Wood who charges the goal. They foul him as he is close. Free kick, they bounce it back out to Ilunga who feeds Nijland, who feeds Dongou, who feeds the goal. Score. A lot of rain today Half time. We weathered some attacks well, and managed a goal while doing it. 2nd half, can we make it to the QF? In the 58th minute, they come within a shot bouncing off the inner cross bar and back out from scoring. I have some seriously tired playes at the 73 mark when I go to make my first sub. Seven are in the 60s. I pull Tonge for Larbi (Larbi is better at PKs, in case it goes that far). Larbi dribbles it hard to the corner, passes back to Lansbury, who has a lane to Wood, who shoots and scores in the 77th minute. Subs come in. 59% Mbemba pull for Avci – sad because he’ playing at a 7.3 level. And I pull David Murphy, with his mighty 1 in Penalties for Bunjaku with his 11. Nijland grabs a yellow at the 81st minute. Bolton falls before the Crewe-Juggernaut. MOM is Dongou. Well, Bolton will have even worse morale problems now.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November Arrives – Dongou is 2nd in Player of the Month, and wins Young Player of the Month. Barty in 3rd for Young Player Hammmond’s goal vs Leeds is 2nd place goal.

League Cup Quarter Finals:

Crewe host Blackburn
Burnley host Arsenal
Sunderland host Newcastle
Fulham host Swansea

Games for Novmeber

1st – Away vs Watford
4th – Home vs Scunthorpe
8th – Away vs Derby
22nd – Home vs Brighton
26th – Home vs Norwich
29th – Away vs Reading

USA

15th – Friendly, Croatia
19th – Friendly, Ivory Coast

Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the Game today, I rest Wood – Salku starts, Hammond for Battaglia, Benali for Lansbury, Bunjaku for Nijland. This is an easier schedule opponent wise for the month. We should do fairly well, but you never know. Anyway, we win 1-0, Barty is MOM and Dongou got the only goal but Hammond missed a penalty shot in the 93rd minute. You never saw McKee miss shots. Luckily, it didn’t matter, we won anyway.

The value of some of my players has increased. Dongou is 3.1 mill instead of the 2.4 he was all last year and the beginning of this one, Delle is now 1 mill, he was a lot less. Barty has risen to 1.9 mill.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Scunthorpe arrives. Nijland is back for Bunjaku, Wood back for Salku, Lansbury and Battaglia are back as well. We defeat them 2-0. Henri Lansbury is MOM with a goal, Dongou the other goal. We are on a powerful long range of form. We have won 8 of our last 9 games in the Championship, and are four points in front of the league. Right now Dongou is averaging a 7.59and Barty a 7.47. Lansbury is a 7.15, Wood 7.24, Tonge 7.08, Nijland 7.13. What happens when we start losing?

Why are we doing so well?

Consider this – last year we were the 5th best team. Our best middie of the 4 was Tonge. This year, Tonge is our worst midfielder. Like I said before, Nijland is hot, Daineche isn’t holding us a little back, Ilunga is 6.99, Mbemba the same, and Gromstad 7.11, Delle is here the entire year, Dongou, Barty and other youth have improved and more. In the first 16 games, we have scores 35 and allowed 17. That’s the 3rd fewest goals and the 2nd most goals scored. We managed to get through some rough games and now we have an easier stretch.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #205
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Steven Cherundolo has unearthed a pair of people I bring onto the USA Squad. Edgar Castillo is injured for a few months, Torres the same, and Acuna for a few weeks. Onto my squad goes uncapped 26 year old ST and AM L Declan McCarthy, a newgen player for New York, 25 year old AJ Soares, DC, and uncapped MCR Michael Stephens. Three uncapped players my asst man unearthed – good job.

LOLOL

Fulham just lost their manager, he left for Liverpool. Their communication says “With resumes flooding in from would-be head coaches across the country, Fulham first team coach Ray Lewington is the most likely candidate for the job. Presumably once the Fulham board have got rid of the usual “Football Manager” applications, they can proceed with the view to appointing someone with real-life experience”

HAHAH

We travel to #21 Derby. We are very favored. Gromstad in for a tired Ilunga. No other changes are needed. Watch me lose after I talk about how good we are doing Wood is injured for a week. We win 2-1, MOM is Dongou, with both goals. I pull Wood off the USA squad for Chris Pontius.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA vs Croatia

Squad – Starting in Castillo’s spot is Gavin Tavernese. No other changes for the starting lineup. I begin controlling. Howard will collect his 100th cap. I slide back to standard in the 28th minute after some pressure ensures from the Croatians. Half time. They manage to get a 1:1 vs Howard and score in the 56th minute. Subs – Bradley out, Donovan out (both have 5.9), Bocanegra out – AJ Soares in, Michael Stephens in, Declan McCarthy in, let’s see what the new guys can do. At the 70, I pull Hedges for Spector and Shea for new Pontius. They get a direct free kick to sink in the 74th minute. They get a long shot from behind the box one minute later. I make my last sub. Chandler is out for Bedoya. We lose 0-3 in our own place. That puts an end to our four game friendly winning streak. Bradley is out for 8 days with an injury . I replace him with Maurice Edu.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA vs Ivory Coast

I start Bedoya for Bradley. I pull Altidore, put Dempsey up front with Donovan and start Adu on the right. I also pull Bocanegra for AJ Soares. Okay, let’s roll with this lineup. I begin controlling. Bedoya gets a red in the 24th minute. It looked like a normal tackle, a bit hard, but red? I move to a 4-4-1 and leave Donovan up front, and then I move to counter. They get a score on long shot from 25 yard away in the 44th. Shea has a nasty long shot on target from about 30 yards away and its all their GK can do to turn it aside. Dempsey with a beautiful shot to Shea who sinks it and gest us a goal in the 55th minute. That’s his first goal. I make a cluster of subs at the 65. Edu in for Williams, Spector for Soares, Donovan out, Jozy in. My other subs are in the 77. Stephens in for Dempsey, Adu out for Pontius, and Convey in for Tavernese. I also bump Edu back to a DMC role. We hold off their last assault, and we win. Howard is MOM. I’ll take a tie after a red card in the 25th.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In a reserves match, Justin Taylor goes down with injury for three months. The deadline for loans and free singings has passed. We are heavy favorites for today’s match vs Brighton, currently 22nd in the league. We have them in our place. Wood is benched. Came back from injury but just is a bit too tired. Erjon Salku is in the spot. Ilunga in for Mbemba. Will we stumble today, or do a professional job vs Brighton? We win 3-2. Lansbury is MOM with a goal, Balku scored as well as Nijland. Ilunga got his 5th yellow and sits the next match.

Today is my 200th game with Crewe - we are favorites vs Norwich, at #18. I keep in Salku for today’s away game, since he was a scorer in the last game. We cruise 3-1, and Nijlad s MOM. He had two goals and Wood one in substitution Wood is out for 2-3 weeks with a twisted knee and Dongou has reached his yellow card max

Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our biggest match in a while arrives, against #6 Reading on the road. Ilunga is back from yellow carding for Mbemba, and Montano and Salku are my strikers. We edge Reading 2-1, Barty is MOM and scored, Lansbury with the other one. Bristol City has fired their manager and rumors are they will come for me, I deny this in the press.

Our 8 wins in a row is a club record. We get West Ham in our place for the FA Cup.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dongou is 3rd,

Games:

2nd – Home vs Blackburn, Quarter Final, League Cup
6th – Away vs Peterborough
13th – Home vs Leyton Orient
20th – Home vs Bolton
27th – Home vs Wigan
31st – Away vs Bournemouth

A much tougher month. Bolton is 3rd, Wigan is 7th and often beats us, ad Bournemouth are 6th. Now, Leyton is last and Peterborough 20th. A few easier games are here. Plus we have Blackburn to open stuff.

Okay, our game is here, and I’m not quick simming it. Dongou and Salku are in. This is a major game. If we can upend them in our place, we have a semi final appearance in the League Cup, and that’s just incredible. Then we are one upset from the final. Right now Blackburn are 14th in the EPL. They have some serious morale issues. I come out control, and hope to push enough early. I slide to standard at the 10. Cross to their striker scores in the 13th minute. Half time. Next one. Larbi is in in the 67th for Tonge. 75th is Bunjaku for Murphy. My final sub is Hammond for a tired Lansbury. We push forward a bit in the last 80s. A Larbi goal is called offsides in the 89th minute. Bunjaku injures one of their guys in the 91:34 mark and earns a corner, hopefully we can push up a man. Nope, we lose 0-1. We were the underdogs, and we played hard. No shame in this loss.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I move Lansbury to the MR and Hammond to his slot to rest Tonge. We get a 0-0 tie away. Ah well, I was hoping to get a few more points. Rumors are that Getafe are chasing Dongou. I set his transfer price at 7.5 mill. He’s 3.2 and 19 and incredible for us. We are 3-1 favs vs Leyton Orient. We win 2-0, with Nijland MOM and a goal as well as Balku getting one. I drop Lansbury to first team and he is concerned and we hash it out.

Today we have a match against my real life favorite team, Bolton. We are 1st, and they are 3rd. No quick sim for this game. Wood back in for Salku, Mbemba for Ilunga. I begin standarding. We’ve had some good pressure in the first 15. Murphy collects a yellow card. Half time. We injury two of their players in the 52nd and 54th minutes. We had a great shot by Nijland rifle off the crossbar - Lansbury’s beautifully on target long shot is blocked by their keeper. They stop a shot by Wood fed by Dongou. In the 60th minute, we have had 11 shots, 6 on target. We are so close. They rub Wood in an injury and put in Salku. I also put in Montano for Murphy and his yellow. Tonge finds Battaglia at the corner of the box and he finds goal in the 68th minute. The rain is coming down harder as the game progresses. My final sub at the 78 mark, Bunjaku in for Tonge, and I trade him with Montano They get a red card at the 81st minute for a nasty foul on Dongou. We hold on and win 1-0. MOM is Barty. Important win for us

Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Murphy has reached his 5 yellows, Hammond will start with Lansbury on the flank.

Everyone is now half way through the season with 23 games. Table:

1. Crewe – 55 points
2. QPR – 47 pts
3. Wigan – 41 points
4. Bolton – 40 points
5. Wolves – 39 points, +14
6. Middlesbrough – 39 points, +8
7. Reading – 37

Three teams at 36, inc Bournemouth

We are clearly in front. No one is touching us with that win over Bolton. Even had we lost we’d still have 8 points on them and 5 on QPR. We have scored 48 goals, 2nd most, and allowed 22, 3rd fewest

West Ham United have fired their manager, are in 18th in the EPL, and we are the favorite to get the seat. I don’t say anything this time, I just want to see what they would offer. They do not come my way. They hire the Blackpool manager instead. There is a lot of EPL cross pollination, with managers moving from team to team constantly.

A big match arrives, we host Wigan, a team that has really owned us a lot until we crushed them on the road in the Cup match. Benali injured for a bit. They spank us 2-0 and we have lost. We started both halves of the season with a loss vs Wigan.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #213
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 29th is here. Contract stuff to look at.

Expiring folks of note, reminder – Ilunga, we’ll let go; Larbi, we’ll let go; Benali; we’ll let go; Tonge, probably let go; Hammond, we’ll let go; Bunjaku, we’ll let go likely;

Lots of staff up for it. I’ll keep them up in case I get promoted and can afford coaches with 4.5 or even 5 star training. I have the money if I want to make a play for someone. But I’m comfortable with this team. We have no major injuries, and no concerns.

We travel to Bournemouth for the last game of 2014. Murphy is back. Dongou gets a goal but we just tie, 1-1.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to January –

I don’t change our expectations. Barty gets 3rd for Young layer of Month.

3rd – West Ham, home, FA Cup
10th – Middlesbrough, home
17th – Sheff Utd, away
24th – Nottm Forest, home

Time to look for some players. You never know when a player in Scandinavia or America is let loose around now, or you can find another gem for little money that refused to sign with you earlier, such as my Michael Owen. I make an offer on a 16 year old an 17 year old youth I really like and five youth out of work. On U19 national clubs of merit. It worked for that Czech guy I signed, and I’m happy to continue that trend. When you see a guy with a U19 French team and not of a club, you sign him. I just got Jean-Jacque Casanova off a free, striker and am r. Came in with 1.3 mill value.

Today is our Cup game vs West Ham. Starters – Ilunga, Delle, Barty, G.0romstad, Tonge, Lansbury, Battaglia, Murphy, Nijland, Wood and Dongou. We lose 1-3. That’s good in part, because I get fewer games now to concentrate on promotion and fewer match fitness issues while I chase it.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I sign four more youhters off a free, and one, Ronald Fritz, comes in with a 1.3 mill value. QPR makes an offer for Wood, who has gone from 20k to 250k. I reject it and raise his price to 1.5 mill. One of my youthers went to Man City Came in with a with of 4 mill, inflated obviously due to EPL prices, but still. I came that close. My offer for a Greek 16 year old stymies when he is not interested in signing with me.

Something amazing just happened. I just got an offer for 8 million for Dongou by Malaga. Can I go the distance with Balku, Wood, Montano and whoever I pick up with this bounty? I think I can. I have a lot of points in hand, and this would immediately allow us to expand the stadium, youth facilities, etc. At least I hope so. I cannot not accept this. This is twice what Crewe got for Dean Ashton. I’m shock the board hasn’t auto accepted it. Well, it’s not a pure 8 mill now that I look at it. 7 mill, arrange a friendly, 975k when 10 league goals scored. Don’t care about the friendly, I pull it off. I add 20% of next sale instead. Let’s see if we can hack that. Dongou was a player released by Barcelona and no one grabbed him and my Spanish scout knew of him. Malaga sends back a counter at 8.5 mil and 975k 10 goals and friendly. I accept. I get a 2.6 mill offer for Barty from West Brom. That one we won’t do. I reject it and bump him to 7.5 mill asking. They want a new deal for Barty, and I oblige. I triple his salary, extend him through 2018, and pull off promotion increase or yearly increase.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #216
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt you.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I hope that doesn't come back to haunt you.

I know, but I've played this game before. Great young striker, playing above the level, big huge team comes wafting for him, and if you don;t let him leave, he really gets irritated and you have no shot at keeping him long term anyway. I might as well move him when I'm up, in a very strong position, and have Wood and Salku able to fill in the gap, you know?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We host Middlesborough in the middle of all this crazy. We win 1-0 Ilunga I OM with them giving us an OG. This might have been Dongou’s final game for us.

Okay, I just made a ballsy play, Dongou has left and I got a pot of money to play with. I head to my board, which suddenly has a windfall of money. We’ve sold out every game last year and they year in the league, and we need to expand the stadium. They feel it too early to do so, but they do agree to improve our youth facilities. They also declined to expand our scouting range.

I have a ton of transfer money to pick up a striker. Maybe I can find a new Dongou, or perhaps I just find a guy to develop while I play Wood and Salku. My Norwegian side knows of a guy I like. I make an offer for the 22 year old. I make him an offer. Barty signs or 6.5k a week through 2018 – he was making 2.5. It’s a good upgrade, and locks him in for a while. I extend some loans and make some. I sign my new guy.

Say hello to the “new” Dongou. I paid 350k to sign him from Club Brugge, who were disappointed after paying 2.5m mill for him from Rosenberg. I am paying him 8.75k a week.

Mushaga Bakenga, 22, Norway – Speaks English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish – Balanced, 2 pro caps already

18/17 speed, 15 jumping, 14 stam, balance – 15 finishing, 13 tech, first touch, drib, 10 head, pass, cross – 16 OTB, 13 flair decisions, 12 teamwork, determination, composure, 11 work rate, bravery, anticip. He’s quick, has good jumps, and solid mentals. We can work on his technical He comes in playing the same role, poacher, that Dongou had. I hand him jersey #8. With him, Wood and Balku, we are in a good place I suspect after having moved Dongou for 8.5 mill now and 975k soon.

I throw Bakenga into today’s game. I will run this one myself, to see how he does. NM. I can’t play him. Hes played for his old club plus a loan, so he can’t play for a third club. Crap. The loan in the summer for MLS counted as this year, and I thought it counted for last one. Let’s see how we do with Wood and Salku. I still think we can do well with just those two. We still have one of the best defenses. MM is Barty with a 1-0 win on the road vs Sheffield United. Wood got the sole goal.

Mushaga Bakenga

Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Salku gained a little from Larbi; Avci was delighted with Ilunga; Gorman and Mbemba did very well; Bunjaku and Murphy did very well too. Our youth facilities will be improved in Oct 7, 2015.

USA – We are in Group C of the Gold Cup Group Stage, along with Honduras, Panama and Trinidad and Tobago. USA Change. I pull Bocanegra as our captain and off the team. He turns 36 in a few months, he’s aging badly, and it’s time to let him go. I bump Donovan to captain and make Michael Bradley my vice.

Today we host #18 N Forest. Ilunga is pulled. Mbemba is starting or the rest of the season in his spot. We slice them 3-0. MOM is Tonge wit a goal. Wood and Lansbury the other two. I sign a friend of my Czech guy who still was a bit lonely sight unseen, this 15 year old guy came over and it looking really strong. I mean really, this Cezch guy has gotten me two major youth by whining . The new guy is 15 year old Michal Licka. We paid 55k to Brno to sign him away from them. Totally worth it. I’ve been moving and extending loans. Karl Smith returned from Coventry having been made 3rd best young player of the month for that division twice, and had a 7.08 rating in 27 appearance, including 13 goals and 3 assists. I move him to the senior squad. Let’s get him some matches. Not many, maybe two or three subs.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #220
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February is here – Barty Young Player of Month

3rd – Aston Villa, Away – 9th
7th – Leicester, Home – 7th
14th – QPR, Away – 2nd
17th – Bristol City, Away – 16th
21st – Wolves, Home – 3rd
28th – Millwall, Home – 17th

USA

11th – Friendly, Zimbabwe

I put the position of our foes next to them in the league. This month is rough, and I’ll play most of the games without a fast sim, starting with the one vs Aston Villa. Gorman is injured in practice and out for a few weeks with a chest injury. The transfer window is over.

I don’t change my starters. I will begin countering. Wood gets off a shot in the second minute but its blocked by their GK. Lansbury gets a yellow in the 12th minute. Mbembe picks up a knock in the 27th and I pull him for Avci. They score off a cross in the 35th minute They countered the counter. They get another score a few minutes later in the 39th. Nijland scores in the 44th after Salku took a shot and it canonned off the GK and fell to him. They get a goal in the 47th minute before the half. I swap Lansburty for Karl Smith, and trade him with Tonge and Wood They knock Nijland around and I pull him for Bunjaku. That was a major loss. Not how I wanted to begin February. Mbemba is out for about a month with a twisted ankle, so Ilunga is back in the starting lineup

Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 7th is here and with it the Leicester game, in our place. I begin standard, because I don’t want to push too much. Unfortunately, they score in the 6th minute off a nice direct free kick. Wood got a yellow card for that foul that led to the DFK. Luckily, things start to turn our way in the 21st minute, Nijland charges the defense, shoots the ball falls to Murphy in a tight lane but he manages to squeeze it in for a score. Back to even! But not for long. In the 26th minute, Tonge just steals the ball on the sideline, and passes to Nijland, who finds Wood who has a lane open to Salku. Salku shoots, hits the bar, rebounds to him, shoots again and scores. 2-1 us. I pull back to counter. Half time. I tell the lads not to get complacent and they look fired up. We sub in Karl Smith for Salku in the 66th minute. They have little pressure, really. I’m surprised. In the 70s, I pull Tonge for Hammond. Then they start moving forward again. We manage to keep them off and win 2-1. Any win is important, but that was a good one.

Larbi is going to the press about not getting selected. A poll was done by the local paper, and 89% of people say yes. That’s an awesome feature

Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA vs Zimbabwe

Starters include Castillo back from injury, Convey on left for Shea, and everyone else normal. So, Soares and Hedges in DC. I begin controlling. Bradley feeds the ball to Donovan in the 19th minute and he scores. Then a soppy half ensues with little to mention. Half time. 2nd Half. Bradley is injured in the first minute so I put in Torres for him. Subs in the 60s – Acuna for Dempsey, Pontius for Adu, Stepehns for Williams. A Convery goa assisted by Torres in the 69th is called offsides. Last subs in the 76. Spector for Convey, swap with Pontius and Chandler to put Spector in DR, Chandler in MR and Pontius at ML; Altidore for Donovan. In the 89th minute, Altidore runs at goal from the half way line and scores. We wi 2-0, Jozy is MOM.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I get a new contract.

Today we travel to QPR, which is dangerouse. All of the usuals are here. I begin countering. Wood is injured early and I sub in Montano for him. Some pressure from Djibril Cisse, but QPR aren’t able to convert to goals Half time. I tell my lads they did kay but they can improve. Well I looks like they listened. In the 49th, after Battaglia gets a yellow card, he tries to make up for it by a nice pass to Montano, who scorse. Then Cisse scores 7 minutes later. In the 59th minute, Nijland responds. They drop Montano to the ground, so Nijland runs into the space he vacated, gets a pass from Lansbury and is through on goal with the score. Then in the 64th minute, an indirect free kick by Tonge is delivered t the back of the net by Barty. I sub in Bunjaku and Hammond for Tonge and Salku. We hold them off. Despite our dominance, they had MOM. Barty in Team of Week

Frankly, this win makes it very unlikely we will not be promoted this year - we are in front of QPR by 11 and Bolton 12. Even if we fall and get caught, I doubt we are falling out of the 1 or 2 spot. Sure, we still have 15 games and yadda yadda. But barring a collapse of form, which certainly and has happened, I don’t see it, not now that we’ve gotten past most of the difficult games in the second leg. If we can upend Wolves then things will be really set.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today we arrive at Bristol City. Fast sim. Barty is MOM, and we win 1-0, with a goal by Wood. The Wolves have fallen up to 4th. I begin standard, and they get a penalty kick off of Gromstad in the 17th minute. Then Ilunga gets a header off a corner in the 35th by Tonge. Half time. Right after the half, Nijland drives and scores after being set up by Murphy off the edge. Their striker counters us and scores in the 59th minute. Then we are upset because we feel we should have gotten a penalty, but we didn’t/ Nijland gets a yellow for arguing with the ref over it. I sub in my usuals, but no more scores an it’s a tie, 2-2. We gave that game away with a penalty kick MOM is Ilunga.

Larbi misses a training day and I issue him a warning. He accepts. The last day of February has arrived and with it the Millwall game. Fast sim. No major alterations to the roster. Just a few massages to the backups. We win 1-0. MOM is Nijland, with Salku scoring. Their coach announces to the press that we should move away from the pack and easily win after playing us. Perhaps with Dongou this would have been 2-0 or 3-0. Selling him didn’t hurt our strong defense. Dongou is being paid 36k a week through 2019. I wouldn’t have been able to keep him through next year even in the EPL, someone would have made an offer to poach him.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #225
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to March

7th – Away vs Leeds, 19th
10th – Home vs Hull, 9th
14th – Away vs Huddersfield, 16th
21st – Home vs Watford, 13th
24th – Away vs Scunthorpe, 23rd

USA

28th – Away vs Iran, friendly

Our other matches this year are the Gold Cup ones in June vs Panama, Honduras and T&T, July 1st vs Egypt, July 4th vs North Korea, and the Copa America beginning July 9th with games vs Ecuador, Peru and Argentina. The Iran friendly is the last one before Gold Cup.

Mbemba is back for the Leeds game and starts again in place of Ilunga. We’ll fast sim this one too. This is not exactly a month of powerful teams lined up. We crush them 3-1. MOM is Salku, with two goals. The third was by Nijland. Nijland is in Team of Week

The next match is Hull in our place. The strongest we face in in our place. I loan out some more of my youth to get them some experience. Everybody is talking about us winning, and most are discussing it positivelly Every day I get a chance to respond to some comments, but I usually don’t. I’m not going to personally sim for the 9th team in our place. We crush them 3-0, with Murphy MOM and grabbing a goal. Wood and Nijland the others. Gromstad is out for two weeks and Ilunga is back into the starting lineup.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Enjoying it. Keep it up.

I like the monthly previews. I'm going to try and work that in on mine, if you don't mind.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #227
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Enjoying it. Keep it up.

I like the monthly previews. I'm going to try and work that in on mine, if you don't mind.

Go right ahead!!! Glad you like it

Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My new youthers have arrived and I take a look. I get two good strikers. We’ll talk about them later after I sign my other folkses. Today we play away at Huddersfield. We crush them 2-0, Nijland is MM with a goal along with Salku. We have now guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. Murphy, Barty and Nijland are all in Team of Week

I sign those two strikers before the youth game, and my team really liked them and comments publicly. They are Thomas Bates and Dave Lowing. Dave is 16/12 speed 14 finishing, 19 determin, 13 drib, 13 work rate, otb, even a 16 penalty taking. Bates is slower at 9/13, 12 finish, 16 penalty taking as well, 13 drib 14 flair, 15 flu, 11 work rate 15 fitness and balance etc. I sign the recommended players from the game. Six players in total join us. A few days later, I deny interest in the Leeds job.

The Watford match has arrived. We crush them 5-0. Mbemba is MOM with two goals. Others come from Battaglia, Nijland and a penalty from Nijland. It’s nice to score that many goals, but this is what is more important to me. We have conceded one goal in the last five games. That defense is still there. Delle, Mbemba Barty and Battaglia all in Team of Weak

Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #229
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA Squad Changes –

I pull Edu. Adu, Bradlye, and Hedges are injured and pulled. I replace them with DC Omar Gonzalez, Middle Brad Davis, who I like because of his great set pieces, and Fabian Johnson. Let’s give Johnson anther go. Spector is withdrawn, so I call up Heath Pearce. I’m still trying to get a D I can rely on – it’s plug and play for now . Actually Pearce rejected my call. Tim Ream is called up instead.

The last game for Crewe for March has arrived. We have many people gone with internationals. Gromstad is back from injury, he subs in for Barty. Salku replaced by Montano. We’re still favored. But it’s a 2-2 tie. Montano is MOM with both goals. Battaglia gave away a penalty. Deadline for loans and free signings passes.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA vs Iran

Starters – I put Omar Gonzalez in the space opened up by Hedges’ injury. I drop Dempsey to the right side and put Acuna in the starting role across from Donovan. Bedoya starting for injured Bradley. I wanted Iran and North Korea on the 4th of July to represent the best of us. Maybe I’ll do Cuba for a friendly later. Here we go. I begin controlling away from US soil. They score in the 4th minute when a shot ricochet’s off Howard and into goal. I slide to standard. We start putting on some pressure in the 15th minute. It ends around the 22nd, and it’s back to square. They are tackling our attackers very quickly and efficiently. They score on the counter in the 32nd minute. They score again in the 43rd minute. I come after my guys in the half. Our passes and crosses are off target, we are missing shots badly, and they are tackling the crap out of us, not hard, but quickly and efficiently. In the 60, I pull Gonzalez for Ream, Chandler for Johnson, Soares for Torres and I swap Williams back, and Donovan for Altidore. Now all of my sub-6 rated players are out. At the71, I pull Bedoya for Davis and Convey for Shea. We’ve had some good play in the box in the last ten minutes, but nothing resulted. My worst loss for any USA friendly.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End o March – Nijland is 3rd place for Player of Month

4th – Away v Brighton, 22nd
6th – Home v Derby, 20th
11th – Home v Reading, 10th
18th – Away v Norwich, 14th
21st – Home v Peterborough, 11th
25th – Away vs Leyton Orient, 4th
May 2nd – Away vs Bolton, 4th

Chart:

Crewe, 91 points
Wolves, 73 points
QPR, 72, +23
Bolton, 72, +18
Wigan, 65

As you can see, not really a contest With seven games left, we are 18 points in front. The liklihood that we will not win is incredible. If we beat Brighton an the Wolves lose or tie, then we win the league. If they win, we just have to win Derby and we win because they run out of space to catch up to us. For this game, Barty is back from international play, as is Salku. Just a 0-0 draw. Larbi is once again absent from training, and I fine him. He accepts it. Oh, and we are guaranteed promotion from the week, so the only question is whether or not we win.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Derby is coming to our place and crush us 0-2. I think my guys are getting jittery. We’ll smash-hammer Reading and finish this thing. Okay here we go. Time to win and in. We are 14 points up. If we win, even if they do, with just four games left, there is not enough points to matter. We win 3-1, and MOM is Erjon Salku, with two goals. The 3rd by Wood. We have officially won. Okay good job. Very professional. Now we have four games of just fun. I bring in some youth players.

Young talent you can expect to see includes:

ST Dan Martin, 17 years old
ST/AMR Jean-Jacques Casanova, 18 years old
DC, DMC, MC Justin Taylor, 18 years old
DC Declan Dalley, 20 years old
M RL Bjorn Niedrig, 19 years old

These 5 players will be my subs They are English, French, English, Welsh and German, in order. I have 5 players in need of a long rest. By the time my next game starts, if any need more, I will sub them out for youth and activate more of my youth for the backup roles.

I wish I could start singing people now as if I were already in the EPL. In real life, you could.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Some of my players are coming back from loans. I move Jiri Papuga to the spot where Mbemba is. Per Jall is back from loan and I place him in Tonge’s spot. Players such as Tonge are leaving at the end of the year. Why bother giving him more starts now? He won’t develop. We won’t need to win. Lansbury and Salku in Team of Week. I get news that Lansbsury was injured in the weight room. I pull him from my starting roster and place Taylor in it. I recall Stephen Cooney from his loan and put him in as a sub.

All of these youth have valuable contracts and loads of potential. They are worth Taylor – 1.3 mill; Papuga – 1.3 mill; Jall – 1.2 mill; Dalley – 850k; Niedrig – 1.5 mill; Casanova – 1.4 mill; Cooney – 1.3 mill; Martin – 1.2 mill. Let’s get them some play!

Our match vs Norwich is here. Since three of these games are against weaker foes, hope my youthers can do well. We draw 2-2 on the road. Dan Martin scores, and Wood gets a penalty for another goal. Good result for them. The next game is home vs Peterborough. I move Taylor to the wing and pull Murphy. I put Cooney in for him. I also pull Nijland and place in Casanova. I promote Hadun Baagci and Soren Schneider for the top squad. I also put in Declan Dalley for Gromstad and promote Karl Smith. 0-0 tie, Papuga is MOM I make no changes to the squad for the Leyton Orient game. The team that won already vs the team that lost already. We win 2-1 ad I don’t know why my assi manager moved Montano in, but he got a goal and was MOM. Wood with the other goal I move off my youthers for the last game vs Bolton.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May has arrived – Barty is Young Player of Month

I pulled my youths. Two players, Dan Martin and Jiri Papuga will remain subs. Bolton is the last match of the year. It’s a 3-3 tie with Wood netting twice and Nijland once. Stats time!

With 87, we had the most goals. With 43, we allowed the fewest. We were 17th in goals from corners, 4th with 10 in goals from IFKs, 15th tie with 1 dfk. 20th lowest salary in league. With 17, even though he was traded in January Dongou was tied for 9th most. Our next best were Wood and Nijland, tied at 14 each, tied at 23rd - With 16, Nijland was 2nd in league in assiss. Tonge was tied for 7th with 13, Wood had 12. With 8, Barty led the league with the most MOM. Dongou was tied for 5rd with 6. Delle had 19 shut outs, leading the league. With 54 Nijland was 2nd in key passes. Lansbury tied for 14th with 33. With 144, Barty led, by far, for most key headers. Second place was 102. With 289, Barty had the most interception. Barty was 5th in overall rating, Dongou tied for 7th, Nijland was 13th Salku finished with 11 goals, 8 assists, Wood with 14 and 12, Lansbury 4 and 9, Battaglia with 3 and 5 (played a more defensive role, if you’ll recall), Tonge 2 and 13, and even Delle had an assist. Wood finished w a7.11 rating, Lansbury with a 7.10, Mbemba with a 7.04, Salku and Ilunga with 7.00

Well done lads.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Why did we crush the Championship this year? I have some thoughts

One – Delle had 19 shut outs out of 46 games. Even when my offense wasn’t clicking, we were keeping things close. Delle is arguably the best GK in the league, and when you have that, things start to happen. His value has risen to 1.6 mill and I had to put his price at 5 mill to scare off some Italian clubs that put him on their short list.

Two – Real strikers besides Dongou. Last year, we got 5th with Dongou leading our scoring. This year, even before selling him, I was getting production from Wood and Salku, and we were able to keep that going post-Dongou. A real emphasis on spreading goals out worked, not only to increase our scoring but to give us a foundation

Three – No major injuries Last year we had serious injury concerns but nothing major this time. That was a serious contributing factor.

Four – Real Middies – I’ve said it before, my three new guys really stepped up and played well.

Five – Our facilities. If you’ll recall, one of the reasons that I chose Crewe was top class training facilities. We really saw that with the growth of my players. For example, Joe Mckee began with an 11 passing, and by the time he left he had a 16. Dongou got faster and more accurate, Delle has improved, Barty has improved, Nijland has improved, and so forth. Our training facilities have enabled my team to become nasty.

Six – Juggernaut capability. Sometimes in sports you notice a team overachieve a bit or a lot from the beginning, and their morale is up and they keep on winning until they’ve won everything and you wonder, looking back, how they ever did it. That happened to us this year in a way it didn’t happen when we won the league in years 1 or 2. I have never won a league before this dynasty, I had been promoted via playoffs or a promotion spot outside of them. I had never gotten to the EPL. This year I did all of these things, but again, all were believable The #8 team adds talent such as McKee, Jau, Ilunga, Addo and powerful striker loanees and wins. Ilunga managed two good seasons in the Championship, so you can see what he did in L1 or L2. The next year, add in some more powerful signings, such as Larbi, Carlos, Quintin, and other players, and you have the remedy for doing well and winning. Then get promoted, sign an amazing talent such as Dongou who was let go by Barcelona, sign older patches and younger talent such as Delle, Nijland and Barty. Get 5th. Then take the 5th best team, add a bunch more youth and improve in almost every way and you have a Juggernaut.

I was ruthless. You can’t be sentimental. I considered extended Addo into year three, but I stayed the course. I thought about bringing Ilunga back for next year, but I am staying the course. We’ll have a bunch of new starters next year, and probably some older patches again. I’ll keep Barty, Delle and maybe Nijland for sure. Everything else is up for bid. We have to be ruthless.

By the way, Bobby Shou Wood has gone up to 2 mill.

My board announce an expansion of the stadium to meet the EPL demands. They scrap our youth facilities expansion to do it though. It should be complete in roughly 5 months and add 2500 seats.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

USA Time – I have to choose my final squad for the Gold Cup

Zak Whitbread is injured, therefore pulled – Spector is injured still and cannot be brought in.

I pull Tim Ream, and add Heath Pearce, despite his orneriness

Matt Hedges is back in

I pull Michael Stephens. I add Freddy Adu to replace him

Bobby Convey vs Brek Shea – Convey +2 crossing +5 corners, -2 first touch, -4 finishing, -4 heading, -3 long shots, +3 marking, +1 passing, -5 penalty taking, +1 tacking -3 technique

A very confused technical list. Each has strength and weaknesses.

Shea is -1 accel, +5 pace, -2 agi, -4 bal, +7 jump, -1 fitnes, +4 str

Again, very confused list

Convey is -9 aggression, -1 concentration, -2 determination, +1 flair, -1 off the ball, -4 teamork, +1 work rate

So mentally, Shea is better.

Castillo to Convey – Castillo is faster, worse as a jumper, better technique passing, worse crossing, first touch, better long shots, mark, tack, better mentally almost across the board – aggression, anticip, brave, composure, concentration, creativity, flair, otb, position, team work, but less work rate Castillo is better mentally, and roughly equal physically and a bit worse technically. Castillo is the better player.

Shea and Castillo will be my starters on the left. I’m bringing back Pearce because he can sub in the DC without a loss of speed. Fabian Johnson is here since J Spector is not, to give me a sub for Chandler at the DR spot, but he can also sub in for Castillo if needed. With three players who can start at DL, plus Williams in the MC who can do so as well, Convey is superfluous there. Then add middies such as Adu and Davis to and Convey isn’t on the left side either. If he had beaten out Shea, Shea would have been cut and he’s be on. Since he doesn’t, he’s pulled.

Bradley is injured and cannot be chosen. Maurice Edu is brought up in his place, as I value experience right now.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Each player and why:

GK Tim Howard - Starter
GK Brad Guzan – The only backup really worth it
GK Sean Johnson – The best of a bad situation

Daniel Williams – Start in the middle, but can also play all D slots and DMC.
Omar Gonzalez – To have someone with skill and speed in my DC
AJ Soares – Another with some degree of speed and skill as a DC
Matt Hedges – Yet another with the same
Edgar Castillo – Starting DL
Timothy Chandler –Starting DR
Fabian Johnson – Sub as DR/DL as needed
Heath Pearce – Can sub as DL, DC, and ML.
Jose Fernando Torres – One of my best MCs. Not great, but better than many – can also play MR
Maurice Edu – Plays DM or MC, wanted experience of the man
Landon Donovan – Plays in every spot on the field outside of D, but starts at ST
Alejandro Bedoya – Like Torres, a good solid MC
Clint Dempsey – Love right wing, also plays well as ST. Starts as MR
Chris Pontius – Backup MR/ML and ST
Brad Davis – Backup MC an ML who is great at set pieces – best American in the pool
Brek Shea – Starts at ML
Freddy Adu – Plays MR or Ml solidly. 2nd best set piecer
Jozy Altidore – Will start at ST
Isaac Acuna – 3rd Striker option for when you want a true striker

That’s as good as I can make it – my changes are here, Acuna, Shea, Hedges, plus Davis and Gonzalez.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Man U won four trophies this year

Pontius suffers a dead leg but it should be okay.

We pay out 1.4 mill in bonuses to my folks

Arsene Wenger retires. I am in the hot list and I do NOT deny that rumor.

Despite a mid year trade, Dongou won Young Player of the Year. Barty and Nijland were in 1st Eleven for Championship.

Our initial budget is 160k/week and 28m in transfer kitty.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #239
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Arsenal have offer me the head coach role. I have a 51m transfer budget, 2.3 mill salary a week, with just 1.84 m being used right now

I have to consider this seriously. What do I want to do with this dynasty. This makes sense. A Welsh manager takes a L2 team to EPL in four years, you take notice. This is an amazing offer

Players on the Arsenal team include Robin van Persie, Andre Ayew, Leandro Damiao, and many more.

Is this dynasty about Crewe? Or it is about just playing, and accepting the challenge of moving to an EPL club near the top and trying to push them over?

I have saved the game in the same slot I saved when Addo was made an offer for an incredible amount of money, and I had to ponder it for a bit. The save’s name is “The Choice”

Am I tired of Crewe? Am I tired of this dynasty?

I need some thinking time.

Discussion

Why to take it:

Transfer Kitty + salary = room to shape the club in any direction I want! I can move to different players, styles, tactics and more. This is a team that needs a new GK, and we can sign one of the best is the game. It’s like a Christmas list!

It’s faster. I can fast forward to Europe and winning Cups or contention for the league. I don’t have to wait a few years building my team up. Frankly I may not even play more than one year. I’ve only played more than five year twice before, and one occasion I went to six and once to five. I’d be surprised if I keep this past next year. I might, one never knows after all. But taking Arsenal speeds us up, and that is quite important.

It makes sense. No one turns down Arsenal unless they have a team of equal esteem and resources. Imagine Dario Gradia for Crewe. The best he got was top ten in the Championship during the Dean Ashton years. Suppose they kept Ashton and qualified for the EPL that year. Now imagine if Everton had offered Dario the manager spot. No matter how loyal he was to Crewe or how many years he had been there, he’s jumping ship. Arsenal is a plumb EPL club. You say yes to Man U, Liverpool, and Arsenal. It just makes sense.

I don’t like losing. For the first time in this dynasty I will have a year where I lose with Crewe. Taking Arsenal skips past that issue.

Arsenal is likely quicker. I don’t have to find as many signings or take as much time pouring over scout reports. It’s largely on auto pilot in real senses.

Why to stick with Crewe:

This dynasty has been overwhelmingly easy. I’ve gotten lucky to find the right people. My Spanish scout knew Dongou, my Polish one Dongou. I’ve been lucky to have signings such as Carlos, Michael Owen, Eric Addo, Herita Ilunga and many more. We found top talent for our league, and got them to sign. Having this go up in difficutly is not a bad thing

I’d love to keep Crewe in the EPL. We all know that if I hope to Arsenal, Crewe is likely to fall back down. Not necessarily, but likely.

The last four years need to matter If I hop to Arsenal, then it’s like starting a dynasty, playing four years without a job, and then taking the Arsenal job. It’s like my four years at Crewe don’t even matter.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #240
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I say stick with Crewe. If this dynasty was about moving up, you could have done that already. While you are ruthless, I think you are attached to the players and have been formulating a long-term plan.

Basically, you have the choice of trying to win the league or being in a regulation fight.

Plus you have 28m to spend with Crewe. I think you can do a lot of good with that.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #241
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Press Conference, June 2, 2015

“Hello, and thank you very much for joining me today. As you know, I have been offered the manager role at Arsenal to replace Arsene Wenger. It’s humbling to know that a team as significant as Arsenal wants you, and doubly so to follow such as icon. Today I have come to announce my decision. After sleepless nights, I have decided to stay at Crewe Alexandra, and to decline the Arsenal offer. Yes Jacob?

Well, I had an intention to bring Crewe to the strongest league in football, and I did. My team and staff performed wonderfully and we were promoted here faster than I thought we would be. This is exhilarating. But my mission is not yet complete. I mean to buy some land, then shop for supplies. Once that’s happened, we begin building, do some marketing and hiring staff, and then, after everything is done, set up shop here. Jane?

You are right, many managers have wanted to stay in the Premiership for perpetuity. Almost all have failed. So how do I know we will succeed? I don’t. That’s what makes it so breathtakingly interesting. Yes Brian?

What does my analogy mean? I have several stages. The first, buying land, is to stay here long enough to get the money from this league and become financially secure. Buying materials is picking up young players who can develop while we are building our club’s training and stadium. Once that’s done, we’ve built the shop with this development, and then we just finish things, and reap the rewards. That’s my plan to stay here long term. I expect Crewe’s name alongside of the best and brightest this great nation has. Thank you for your time”

Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I say stick with Crewe. If this dynasty was about moving up, you could have done that already. While you are ruthless, I think you are attached to the players and have been formulating a long-term plan.

Basically, you have the choice of trying to win the league or being in a regulation fight.

Plus you have 28m to spend with Crewe. I think you can do a lot of good with that.

Yeah, me too

Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Crewe have been invited to a Welsh Tour due to our popularity there, probably due to me. I accept. We are playing Carmarthen, Port Talbot and Bala.

A lot of English youth players are released, so I take a look to see if I can find some diamonds in the rough. Maybe there’s a Dongou here. I find no major youth prospects available. Sad. I add some folks to my shortlist and begin scouting interesting youth players. I begin with a pair of ST and about six DCs. No insult to Mbemba or Gromstad or Balku or Wood or my other new guy, but I can’t hold steady. Alright, let’s focus on the Gold Cup, then I can come back to transfers.

Arsenal appointed the Everton manager to their spot, and rumors are that Everton want me. I deny them in the press. Sunderland’s manager goes to Everton, and rumors are I’m their top option, again I decline. Offers has been made for Sam Johnstone, and I accept.

Who was promoted, and who demoted?

Championship Crewe, Wolves, Bolton – Relegated – Brighton, Scunthrope Leyton Orient
EPL – Relegated Crystal Palace, Blackpool, Burnley
1st League – Promoted Barnsley, Tranmere, Sheff Wed – Relegated Oldham, Preston, Doncaster, Brentford
2nd League – Plymouth, Coventry, Swindon, Carlisle – Relegated Aldershot, Bury

Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gold Cup

The expectations of our Gold Cup Venture is to make the finals

The first game arrives. We are playing Panama. Here we go. I begin standard. This is our first on-friendly match. We have pressure in the first 15. No goals, but it should come. I move to control. Too many wasted possessions, and I take a look at that in the half. I have them pass more directly and other the middies to take less long shots. We head into the second half. Dempsey is playing awful, where is he trying to cross to, Egypt? I pull Altidore in the 63rd after he gets a knock and swap in Acuna. I then move to attacking. Next sub is Dempsey for Pearce, and I swap Pearce ad Chandler. Next sub is Gonzalez for Hedges. I move to Overload in the 82nd minute. Nothing, 0-0 tie. I tell my boys that was not good enough. The other game was a tie too.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up is the Honduras game. No changes to my starters. I begin standard again. Not much early, but on the counter, Donovan finds Jozy who rushes and scores a goal at the 36th minute. I remind them at the half not to get complacent, and 6 seem motived or fired. Donovan nails a direct free kick in the top right corner at the 47th minute. Firsts sub – Bedoya out, Torres in. They score in the 62nd minute. They ran a guy behind Hedges and Castillo. Sub #2 – Fabian Johnson in for Castillo. 3rd sub in the 82nd – Williams out for Davis. I move to Counter. Game, we win 2-1. T&T ad Panama tied, so we have 4 points, they each have 2 and Honduras 1.

(Sunderland hire Wolves coach, Wolves are rumored to want me, I rejects those)

Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today we play Trinidad and Tobago, and if we win or tie, we get out. If we lose, and the other game ties, we are out. No changes to squad. I begin controlling. Shea is injured in the 22nd I pull him for Davis. Half time, with us just not able to break the cherry. I express my displeasure. Donovan fids Altidore running behind their line onsides, and him Jozy for a score. 59th minute. Next sub – Bedoya for Pontius, swaps with Dempsey to put him inside and Pontius out. Davis has had IFKs and corners in good places, we just haven’t had people on the other side to deliver. At the 83 I make my last sub – pull Donovan for Acuna. I slide to counter. We win. AJ Soares is MOM. I tell them we got away with that but it’s nto good enough later, and they seem to get it.

Quarterfinals

Granada vs Jamaica
Canada vs Honduras
Mexico vs El Salvador
Costa Rica vs USA

Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #247
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I get a chance to add someone to my team, and Bradley is now healthy, so I add him.

Our game arrives vs Costa Rica. I move Bradley to my starting role. I begin standard. Jozy gets a yellow in the 14th minute. We get a goal just a few moments later when Dempsey hoofs a ball to Donovan on a run behind their defense. He sinks the 1:1 Goal opportunity . Altidore steals the ball from a defender, and solos a goal against their GK in the 40th minute. Half time. I pull a tired Bradley for Adu. 2nd sub is Dempsey out, Fabian Johnson in. He gets a yellow before he leaves. Williams grabs one too. Torres for Chandler final swap. Chandler gets a goal just before the swap after Donovan’s shot is deflected by a defender. We win 3-0. Chandler is MOM. This was Chanlder’s first goal

Semi:

Honduras vs Jamaica
Mexico vs USA

Old 10-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #248
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jamaica beat Honduras in the Semis. Bradley is too tired and I put Bedoya back in. If we win this game vs Mexico, then we are in a good place to win. If not, that’s okay. We were expected to make the final, and we make the semi final and lose to the best team. That’d be okay. I begin counter. Mexico on a counter lob Tim Howard and score in the 4th minute. Donovan gets a yellow. Altidore goes down hard at the 14th, so I put in Acuna. Shea collects a yellow. Half. Alright, second half. They get a 1:1 opportunity vs Howard and sink it in the 53rd. Next sub is Donovan out, swapping with Dempsey, and then putting in Torres. I have very tired folks, so I sub my other guy here at 63, Fabian Johnson in for Shea. They score again in the 71st but it’s called off due to a foul. They score in the 81st and its not called off. Game. We lost. Well, we are out of the Gold Cup.

Back to Crewe.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #249
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today is the 24th of June. The first thing I want to do is look at staff. I can get more.

I reup my Australian scout for two years, my Austrian one for the same, my French scout I’ve had with me since L2, .

I make an offer to an Ivorian scout, Gilles Yapi Yapo, with 61 caps. I also make an offer to Mancini, a Brazilian and Italian scout. Finally I offer Junior Agogo, a Ghanaian scout.

I have these coaches up in a week:

Fitness Coach Jimmy Hendry
Coach Mark Chamerlain
Coach Brian Tinnion
Physio Paul Hunter
Coach James Bowker

I need a GK, Fitness, Ball Control, Tactics, and Shooting. Can I get better than 4 for these guys?

I find a GK Coach. I can’t find a better Tactics, so I offer Bowker to stay for two years. I make an offer to a coach for ball control. I also find a guy who’s better as a shooting coach. I make them offers. I hire a new Physio and extend mine as well. There is a Fitness coach I love but he wants 1200, so I try to open my salary. It works, and I make an offer to Carlo Nicolini.

Staff is done.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Players leaving of note:

Ilunga, Hammond, Tonge, Larbi, Benali, Bunjaku, Gorman

I make an offer to extend Alban Bunjaku as a hot prospect. They want backup instead. I stay with that. I make an offer of 4.1k./week

I make an offer to extend Gorman’s deal. We make an offer of 2k/week and hot prospect deal.

The rest will be allowed to leave - I’ll move both to my reserves.

We are left with just these players on my first team:

GK Joris Delle, Sam Johnstone about to be sold
DC Bartlomiej Szewczyk, Tor Marius Gromstad, Pieter Mbemba
ST Mushaga Bakenga, Erjon Salku, Bobby Shou Wood, Cristian Montano
MR
ML David Murphy
MC Rodrigo Battaglia, Henri Lansbury
AMC Stef Nijland

So we need to pick up some folks.

I focus first on MR. I do some scouting. My Austrian scout knows of a guy I like, so I make an offer. I wait on everyone else. I want to get to June 30 before I get too transfer crazy.