Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #201
heybrad
Norm!!!

Check the email address associated with your account. I was sent a notification.

edit... I should add, they still should show you something when first signing in.

Last edited by heybrad : 07-12-2011 at 04:24 PM.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #202
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I didn't get an email, either.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #203
cougarfreak
College Starter

I got the email, I may cancel my DVD plan, I'm on the one unlimited, and we usually only get stuff for the kids.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #204
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Well shit. We'll have gone from $13 a month with streaming and 2 dvds to $20
since we started the service.

I love seeing the old tv, IE Jack Lord's Hawaii 5-0, Cheers, Mission Impossible etc so I don't want to lose streaming. I like the dvds for things I never got on DISH from HBO or Showtime, IE Sopranos, Dexter.

I'm thinking of just going streaming and cut back to $8 a month and just adding HBO to my DISH package at $15. I get new releases and access to all original HBO programing with their online feature. Hell as I look over my DISH package I can see by playing around a bit (I can turn off a $10 non-premium option) I can add both HBO and Showtime for a total difference of only $14. I'll only be paying $2 a month for current premiums over what I would be paying for the 2 dvd option. Hello Dexter
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #205
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I didn't get an email, either.

+1

I even did a search in my gmail account and nothing popped up other then the usual "How was your streaming quality?" emails.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #206
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
+1

I even did a search in my gmail account and nothing popped up other then the usual "How was your streaming quality?" emails.

+2

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #207
McLovin
Mascot

I just received my email.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #208
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Unless I missed it, there was no notification of the upcoming price changes when I logged into Netflix. I only heard about it through the grapevine on the net. Then when I logged into my account information and clicked see membership terms, only then did I see the change.

I think it is pretty poor form from Netflix not to have some sort of formal announcement when you log in. (unless I missed it, then oops)

yeah, I didn't get one either and had to go search the site to find it. I'm sure it'll be coming eventually, as it's not taking effect until 9/1
Old 07-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #209
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I just received my email.

I very well may not receive mine for a few days after thinking about it. Since I am an existing customer, and my hike doesn't go into effect until the 1st of Sept, there may not be a rush to piss me off.

edit: or what DD just said.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-12-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #210
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Didn't get my email yet either. However within seconds of changing my netflix to stream only I had a confirmation.

Added HBO on Dish and saving a few bucks a month over what I was paying for Dish and Netflix w\2dvd before. The more I think about it a guy really has to keep those dvds going back and forth in the mail to justify the price. At least around here you can get new releases either from the local video store, on buck day, or Redbox cheap.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #211
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I have the 3 DVD plan, so my price is going up from $19.99 to $23.99. I expected to be worse after reading all the fire and brimstone responses ont he Netflix blog.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #212
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Antmeister and I were trying to figure out if we should watch this, or IP Man, We went with IP Man but will probably watch Black Death sometime this week.

Okay, saw it last night; I felt the need to rinse my brain when it was over.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #213
molson
General Manager

I wonder how much Netflix would cost a month if they bought the licenses to stream everything in existence. That's the balance here. Anything could be streamed for the right price, but Netflix doesn't want to charge $500/month either, or go to a pay-per-watch plan
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #214
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I don't think the price increase will affect me that much - not sure though. I have had the instant streaming only for a while, and I think that is staying the same or only increasing a couple of bucks.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #215
Blackadar
Retired

I used a little of both - the occasional DVD and the occasional streaming. So I'm rather impacted by this. I'll probably cancel. Your loss, Netflix.

1. It was $7.99 when I started less than a year ago. That's an absurd increase, not to mention I have a Blu-Ray and I don't want to pay another $2 for Blu-Ray disks. This seems even more idiotic given that we have to wait 30 days for most new DVD releases. So they've doubled the price and reduced services in about 8 months...the very principle of the thing makes me want to cancel. I don't feel taken advantage of or anything like that, but if I signed up for a cable modem and then reduced my bandwidth while doubling my price in just a few months, I'd cancel just because I think it sucks...this isn't any different.

2. It's most definitely not worth it for the streaming because their selection is pretty damn mediocre. Streaming on my IPhone was pretty neat when I was stuck somewhere, but other than that it's just not all that useful.

3. It might be worth it for the mail DVDs, but with Redbox so pervasive around here, it makes sense to look at renting from them for a buck or (Blu-Ray) a buck and a half. I hate having to return movies, but that might be the end result.

4. For that price, I can also rent a bunch of movies from Dish and/or get HBO or Showtime. Though I probably won't.

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-12-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #216
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

ah, so it's not so much that they are raising the prices. it's that they are splitting the services. $8 for streaming only, $8 for 1 DVD.

not impressed.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #217
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I got the email. I haven't decided what I'm doing. Thinking I may keep streaming and Redbox everything else, especially seeing as I've had my latest DVD for quite awhile (well over a month). And there are new releases I want to see. But there are some older movies I can only get on disc that I also want to see....

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #218
Peregrine
Pro Starter

That was my decision last year TK after the last service change, when they introduced the streaming only option. My use of the through-the-mail service was tailing off anyway, while I used the streaming service constantly. Any other movies I need I can watch on movie channels or get on Redbox.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #219
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The only reason I upgraded from 1 at a time to 2 at a time just a couple of days ago was so that my son & my wife didn't have to coordinate their streaming. "Unlimited" has been tying (and I assume still is, although it isn't clear in the email) the number of simultaneous device connections to how many DVD at a time plan you were on.

If that's changing I'd dump the DVD's after a month or two, til I knocked out a few of the want-to-see older movies that are DVD only. Same token, if they're going to a single device at a time only then I'd almost certainly drop to streaming only as well, or maybe just drop them altogether (pity after they only got me to try them a month ago). The either/or just doesn't seem to amount to the right mix of benefits for my household, exacerbated by the fact that virtually everything we watch is single-viewer.

The percentage jump rankles more than the gross increase, it's just doesn't feel worth 25% more to me 9/1 than it does today, not without dramatic increases in the selection of movies being streamed.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #220
RainMaker
General Manager

This only works for me if it ends up with them adding to the instant section. They recently lost some newer Showtime shows and I'm worried this could become a trend. The price isn't as important as the selection right now. The price increase isn't that bad and I'm sort of shocked at how many people are "irate" over this on other sites.

I did find their e-mail odd. It was cold and concise. Wouldn't it have been better to write a nice one that explained reasons for the change (companies charging more for rights) and plans for the future?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #221
RainMaker
General Manager

Also, I'm through Season One of SportsNight. I like the show but I don't know why. I dislike almost every character, think the dialogue is horrible, and it doesn't have many laugh out loud moments. Don't know why I'm into it at all but I am.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #222
cougarfreak
College Starter

I've decided to go streaming only. I can get newer movies from redbox, and older ones from my library.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #223
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I've decided to go streaming only. I can get newer movies from redbox, and older ones from my library.

which is why this seems like an odd move for them. it's like they are giving business away to redbox.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #224
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Finally got the email at 12:15 am. I knew that my email was the one associated with the account -- I remember getting an email asking me how the quality of "I am a Sex Addict" was after someone visiting watched it (and presumably didn't know I would get an email about it).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #225
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
which is why this seems like an odd move for them. it's like they are giving business away to redbox.

You are missing where they said they'd like to focus on streaming. I think they are fine with giving away physical disc rental to RedBox and focusing on the streaming side of things. I still think the key here is they don't want to pay Starz, Sony, etc for people who aren't actually using the streaming service much if at all, but have it on their account because it was so cheap to add.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #226
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I remember getting an email asking me how the quality of "I am a Sex Addict" was after someone visiting watched it (and presumably didn't know I would get an email about it).

Yeah, I have "a friend" who's a sex addict as well. Tell your friend I hope "he" can get some help for "his" problem.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #227
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post

This is exactly what I'm doing as well- our library system is pretty good about what they have, and they'll hold it at whichever one you need. My girlfriend goes at least twice a week, so it's not as nice as them coming to the door, but it'll work. I have a redbox not but a few blocks out of the way on the way home from work so if there is ever a new release we can go grab that. We do watch streaming a few times a week, normally old tv shows, some old movies, documentaries so we'll keep streaming only for now.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #228
wade moore
lolzcat

I don't get those defending the streaming selection.

It's ok for TV, it's TERRIBLE for movies.

Yes, if they're pushing me away from having DVD + streaming, I expect first-run movies, etc. You know, like HBO is doing with their HBO to go.

Someone said either here or on one of the social networks that maybe they'll cancel and get HBO for the to go. It's not a bad idea.

If you're defending the absolutely awful movie selection on streaming, I don't know what to tell you. It's straight awful. TV is ok - but no CBS shows, no HBO shows, Showtime is all but gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #229
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think we are going to go with just streaming.

The double in price for 1 DVD is too steep. We barely watch the DVDs. I have had "Easy A" and "Date Night" sitting on my shelf since January. Last year I had "Hurt Locker" for about 8 months.

I like having the option of grabbing a DVD for a newer movie that I missed out on at the theater, but I can always run to Blockbuster or Red Box for those.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #230
wade moore
lolzcat

I may cancel my DVDs after the summer..

Our current plan is 2 DVDs + streaming.

We usually use 1 DVD for movies, 1 DVD for TV.

In the fall/winter I really don't use the TV one because we Tivo stuff. The movies I can get from Redbox.

Idano, very frustrated. I've been a big proponent of Netflix over the years, but these sudden price increases without any increase in service are frustrating.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #231
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

Yes, if they're pushing me away from having DVD + streaming, I expect first-run movies, etc. You know, like HBO is doing with their HBO to go.

Someone said either here or on one of the social networks that maybe they'll cancel and get HBO for the to go. It's not a bad idea.

If you're defending the absolutely awful movie selection on streaming, I don't know what to tell you. It's straight awful. TV is ok - but no CBS shows, no HBO shows, Showtime is all but gone.

It's limited for sure, but that's why it's so cheap. You talk like they just haven't gotten around to upgrading their servers or something and deserve critisism for it. I'm sure they could buy showtime itself for the right price....but then we'd really see some price hikes.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #232
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have had "Easy A" and "Date Night" sitting on my shelf since January.

Easy A is on Instant. Why, people including myself watch something on Instant versus putting in a DVD is beyond me.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #233
wade moore
lolzcat

Just went to look at blockbuster..

Their pricing is even higher, but you can get games at no extra charge as well.. hrmm..

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #234
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Idano, very frustrated. I've been a big proponent of Netflix over the years, but these sudden price increases without any increase in service are frustrating.

In all honesty, their cost was cheap, so now it's going more towards what it should be and people are complaining.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #235
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Also, I'm through Season One of SportsNight. I like the show but I don't know why. I dislike almost every character, think the dialogue is horrible, and it doesn't have many laugh out loud moments. Don't know why I'm into it at all but I am.

Ha, I feel the same way except for the being into it part. I hate those characters and the way they talk. I want to kill them all. I thought I was the only one.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #236
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
In all honesty, their cost was cheap, so now it's going more towards what it should be and people are complaining.

Cheap seems to be what made it attractive. At closer to par, it really becomes more of a decision for people & when people start thinking about an expense, it increases both stress & reluctance.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #237
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Do you watch documentaries? That's about 90% of what I use it for it seems. I'm always finding good shit.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #238
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It's limited for sure, but that's why it's so cheap. You talk like they just haven't gotten around to upgrading their servers or something and deserve critisism for it. I'm sure they could buy showtime itself for the right price....but then we'd really see some price hikes.

You seem to be missing the point.

They are pushing people away from DVD. Yet, at the same time, the content on streaming is not improving. There is a disconnect. They are making it increasingly expensive to use both options so that you can fill in the gaps. It is quite obvious that they would prefer everyone just stream.

Compared to the rest of the market, Netflix streaming isn't all that cheap. And when you combine their services, they are making it increasingly more expensive compared to what they used to offer - WITHOUT INCREASING THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT.

Quote:
Easy A is on Instant. Why, people including myself watch something on Instant versus putting in a DVD is beyond me.

It's not anymore.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #239
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Yeah, I saw that a few times. That's when I noticed that I really don't watch the DVDs.

I still haven't watched it, but, for some reason, I did watch "The Dark Crystal" two weeks ago.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #240
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They are making it increasingly expensive to use both options so that you can fill in the gaps. It is quite obvious that they would prefer everyone just stream.

This.

If they fix the gaps then stream-only probably isn't a problem. Even split the difference & say something like $12 stream-only if the selection was there and I think this goes over better. Instead, they're basically saying "pay the same for half the options" or "pay more for the same options" and that's leading to the uproar.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #241
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Cheap seems to be what made it attractive. At closer to par, it really becomes more of a decision for people & when people start thinking about an expense, it increases both stress & reluctance.

Exactly. One of the appeals to Netflix was it's relatively inexpensive cost.

They were "making" money off of me as it was before streaming. With streaming now, I watch streaming a bit for TV shows (often shows I just wouldn't watch if it weren't for streaming fwiw, so not a major deal for me) - so I may be more "breaking even".

But, as they increase the prices, there become much cheaper options. At minimum, it appears that cancelling the DVD service altogether may be the way to go for me. And, it seems that's what they want from me. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just ditch the DVD service then and become a Hulu competitor exclusively.

I watch, for the 9 non-summer months, probably 1 DVD every two months in many cases. When I'm being "good" about it I may watch 3 in a month. That's what.... $2-3 from Red Box? During the summer I'll usually go through 1-2 DVDs a week. So let's say that's 8 of them. That's $8 from Red Box or like $16 if I have to go to BB because Red Box doesn't have the TV Shows I want.

I can do math pretty quickly and see that I'm better off cancelling the DVD selection on cost alone. When it was just a bit more expensive than the alternative, the convenience was worth it.

Now I'm not so sure it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Do you watch documentaries? That's about 90% of what I use it for it seems. I'm always finding good shit.

No, I do not.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #242
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
This.

If they fix the gaps then stream-only probably isn't a problem. Even split the difference & say something like $12 stream-only if the selection was there and I think this goes over better. Instead, they're basically saying "pay the same for half the options" or "pay more for the same options" and that's leading to the uproar.

Yup. If this was..

"ok, here's the deal... we're going to double our streaming fee to $16, but now we'll have 50% of the new releases available and almost all movies that have been out for over 12 months" then I'm all in.

Not "ok, here's a price increase, but, sorry - same selection as always!"

WELCOME TO NETFLIX!

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #243
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You are missing where they said they'd like to focus on streaming. I think they are fine with giving away physical disc rental to RedBox and focusing on the streaming side of things. I still think the key here is they don't want to pay Starz, Sony, etc for people who aren't actually using the streaming service much if at all, but have it on their account because it was so cheap to add.

not missing it at all. I know that's the way they want to go and that makes sense. I just question whether throwing all your eggs in right now is the way to go, especially as the streaming selection is still so hit or miss (right now I have 35 items in my instant saved queue - all titles that used to be available but have been pulled) and since it could also end up being a substantial boost to a major competitor.

Personally, we use the DVD option more (almost 100% for kids movies) but what got me to sign up a year or so ago was the added bonus of having streaming available for those occasional times we wanted to use it. I'm not sure that either option is attractive enough on their own to keep us.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #244
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Right, unlike cable or internet, Netflix still just seems like a negligible cost. I would notice the loss of content a heck of a lot more than the $15. That's like two foot long sandwiches. Or one movie ticket and popcorn. I'd way rather have Netflix. I'd probably pay $35/month for it, or more. I never want to set foot in blockbuster again...red box is a good supplement.

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #245
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am not too torn up about this. It's simply business.

They are doing well in the market place and think they can raise prices. If it turns out that enough people dump them over the increases, then they will likely scale it back. If there are actual competitive options out there, then people will turn to them, which should, in turn, give these competitors a cash infusion that they can invest to make them even better.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #246
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
not missing it at all. I know that's the way they want to go and that makes sense. I just question whether throwing all your eggs in right now is the way to go, especially as the streaming selection is still so hit or miss (right now I have 35 items in my instant saved queue - all titles that used to be available but have been pulled) and since it could also end up being a substantial boost to a major competitor.

Personally, we use the DVD option more (almost 100% for kids movies) but what got me to sign up a year or so ago was the added bonus of having streaming available for those occasional times we wanted to use it. I'm not sure that either option is attractive enough on their own to keep us.

Yeah, I'm kind of weird in that I'm probably 50/50 at this point. But, again, a LOT of the streaming stuff I watch I just wouldn't care about if it wasn't so easy to get to. It's filler for summertime downtime in TV Shows.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #247
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Right, unlike cable or internet, Netflix still just seems like a negligible cost. I would notice the loss of content a heck of a lot more than the $15. That's like two foot long sandwiches. Or one movie ticket and popcorn. I'd way rather have Netflix. I'd probably pay $35/month for it, or more. I never want to set foot in blockbuster again...red box is a good supplement.

No way I'd pay $35 for the service as-is. Not sure what "plan" you're saying you'd pay $35 for, but there is zero chance of that. I have no idea how you're getting $35 "value" out of it unless you watch a LOT of DVD movies.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #248
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't have a use for netflix and don't really know much about it at all, but I saw this news today and thought it was interesting timing given the several articles I've seen recently that talk about how netflix is likely going to end up out of business or bought out in the next couple of years given that all of their movie contracts are running out, and since they signed them, streaming has become such a huge thing that they're going to end up paying tenfold for the rights to what they had bought cheap 10 years ago. And that basically, they were either going to go under because of that expense (or have to start charging a premium for their service...), or the bigger players who want in on this are going to outbid them for those rights and put them out of business. I think they have 1 contract coming up for renegotiation now, and that's going to be the precursor to the huge expense increase they are going to see as each contract expires.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #249
molson
General Manager

Quote:
No way I'd pay $35 for the service as-is. Not sure what "plan" you're saying you'd pay $35 for, but there is zero chance of that. I have no idea how you're getting $35 "value" out of it unless you watch a LOT of@ DVD movies.

I just like having access to everything. I can pretty much see anything that has ever existed, either immediately, or within 1-2 days. Who else offers that? For $15 with 1 dvd out and unlimited streaming. That's one blockbuster movie if I return it two days late. Or 1 month of hbo. Or two movies on demand on Directv. I don't care about new releases, so redbox is maybe a $1/ month thing either way...but it can't touch the Netflix library, not even close.

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #250
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I just like having access to everything. I can pretty much see anything that has ever existed, either immediately, or within 1-2 days. Who else offers that? For $15 with 1 dvd out and unlimited streaming. That's one blockbuster movie if I return it two days late. Or 1 month of hbo.

Clearly it's been awhile since you rented from BB. Their prices for non-new releases have gone down dramatically.

Or you could rent 15 redbox movies.

Or basically the same price as BB mail, which does the same thing, and has new movies earlier (which I don't care that much about).

They're not as exclusive in this game as you are making them out to be. You can stream some old-ass movies and some ok tv shows - which you could do with BB mail + hulu or BB store + hulu. Yes, I'll grant Red Box limits your selection comparitevely, but..

The "convenience" of having a bunch of old stuff that I don't want to watch anyways at my finger tips just isn't worth to me what it is to you I suppose.

Quote: