Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #401
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Chief PF, another addendum to the security plan: select 2-3 people/places for each "active guard" (guard on patrol that night) from which to choose to protect, and then let them use their prerogative on which of those they will protect. This will give our moves a little more covertness from the Spawn.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #402
Danny
Head Coach

So any objections to passing Dubb the gun?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #403
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Don't forget your slaves, Darth.

he doesn't need slaves. If Darth and hoops work together they perform 6 cycles of work.

BK, If an engineer supervises slaves/nonengineers, then they DO NOT do any work, correct? So an engineer supervising only gets the work done from the slaves and NOT the 2 for being an engineer, right?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #404
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

dubb with a gun hells yeah. Sure makes games more exciting
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #405
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Reposted to correctly bold:

Okay, I think we got that. That converted HQ makes converted brig and armory work. And that unconverted HQ makes unconverted brig and armory work.

Plus, it makes sense that if the brig and armory are converted but the HQ is not, then the converted elements there are not available.

What I most wanted to know was the last remaining scenario: if the HQ is converted, does that make currently unconverted brig and armory unusable?

No those remain usable even without the Security HQ
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #406
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

I am of the mind that only officers should hold weapons at this point - but I will let you decide that.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #407
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
he doesn't need slaves. If Darth and hoops work together they perform 6 cycles of work.

BK, If an engineer supervises slaves/nonengineers, then they DO NOT do any work, correct? So an engineer supervising only gets the work done from the slaves and NOT the 2 for being an engineer, right?

Correct. They either supervise or they do work themselves, not both.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #408
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I beleiev Chief PF was waiting for your opinion on that? And my proposal was not just fro dubb, but for all security personnel (or at least the active ones, I guess).

Keep in mind, if the armory is damaged we will not be able to return the guns. I would presume we would also not be able to remove guns that are in the armory when it is damaged. So even if we hand phasers out to security personnel scheduled to sleep, at least they are not in the potentially vulnerable armory.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #409
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I am of the mind that only officers should hold weapons at this point - but I will let you decide that.

[Starts to "Boooo!"... Remembers PF is his direct commanding officer... Shuts up].

Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #410
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Should we start talking about our lynch?

I second Abe's earlier motion that we abstain from executing anyone on Day One.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #411
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I would be leary to hand out too many guns to folks that aren't cleared yet - but we do want some higher ranking folk to at least be able to defend themselves necessary
Old 06-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #412
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Thank you, something seemed off about Autumn's plan. So we get 6 total cycles done on W2 and 7 total on W1 with the team of slaves and the team of crew converters.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #413
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Would adding the security personnel and an officer or two get it done?

Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #414
Danny
Head Coach

Only on post 170, thank god im not a captain
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #415
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would be leary to hand out too many guns to folks that aren't cleared yet - but we do want some higher ranking folk to at least be able to defend themselves necessary

Easy to say when you're carting around a three shot phaser!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #416
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Thank you, something seemed off about Autumn's plan. So we get 6 total cycles done on W2 and 7 total on W1 with the team of slaves and the team of crew converters.

yeah this is what I'm quoting:

Convert Building Day or Night The Chief Engineer may choose a location to convert and perform two cycles of work. If there is another Engineer repairing that system, the Chief’s expertise will allow the two Engineers to repair 6 cycles worth of work. 1 AP

That's from the Chief engineer listing. So that would just leave 1 leftover for the next day and not use so many people. Aren't you guys going to need people for away missions and mining ? We do need crystals.

Anyway I've submitted my timesheet. I'm grabbing 6 slaves and going off to convert warehouse 1

Old 06-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #417
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Easy to say when you're carting around a three shot phaser!

:-D
Old 06-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #418
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will hone my low-grav jiu-jitsu moves then.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #419
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Should we start talking about our lynch?

I second Abe's earlier motion that we abstain from executing anyone on Day One.

For you and Abe, what is the argument for not executing? I have a reason or two now, but they're probably not similar.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #420
Danny
Head Coach

Please stop posting while I catch up
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #421
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For you and Abe, what is the argument for not executing? I have a reason or two now, but they're probably not similar.

Based on past Spawn games and a lack of clarity in the rules, I am not certain that we are starting with Spawn.

Plus, every worker we kill, we lose that man-cycle of work going forward forever. Even the Spawn will have to do some work, because it will be obvious in most cases if they try and fake it, but don't do work.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #422
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Abe Sargent is pleased by the opportunity afford him and eagerly begins to read technical manuals so he will understanding how to work the trainer's equipment.

Nah, it's just a training manual cover with a copy of space juggz inside.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #423
Danny
Head Coach

I'll try and RP my role a little more once I catch up and wrap my head around things.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #424
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

But if I go we can take extra slaves which was the original point, not completing 2 warehouses would be a shame imo
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #425
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please stop posting while I catch up

This is punishment for two games ago, where you posted so much it was pretty much impossible for me to respond to anything.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #426
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Security Chief PackerFanatic, I would humbly recommend you advise Sergeant-at-Arms Danny to distribute phasers to all security personell (and only security personnell--outside of officers' needs of course).

Ah, I misunderstood when I first read my role. I thought I could only hand out a weapon to one player and they kept it, but it seems I can hand out as many as I like and they are returned later???
Old 06-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #427
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah, I misunderstood when I first read my role. I thought I could only hand out a weapon to one player and they kept it, but it seems I can hand out as many as I like and they are returned later???

That was my understanding. Feel free to disobey the Chief and give me a phaser.

J/K

Old 06-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #428
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Yep, there ya go. Abe, if the chemistry's good enough, maybe we can continue training later this evening?... ;-)

ummm.....uhhh......

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #429
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I'm suggesting nothing, just an observation that some may have missed. Is there a 20th phaser? Is there only 19 because there is one amongst us who doesn't need a phaser?

That is interesting, one missing phaser. Perhaps there is one spawn right now who has the phaser and the others will be born over night?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #430
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
ummm.....uhhh......

I guess there's more than one way to get Spawnified in this game, eh Abe?

Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #431
Zinto
College Starter

If the plan is to execute someone today, we need to get moving on making sure we get a third of the vote on someone. The rules are different that just having the majority at nightfall is not going to do it this game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #432
Danny
Head Coach

While I am still catching up, in regards to a day one lynch, we do have to consider that we we want to launch as quickly as possible. Lynching a valuable worker day one could hurt us in accomplishing our launching goals.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #433
Zinto
College Starter

Hahah I totally missed Brit's post to Abe. Hahahha
Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #434
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
While I am still catching up, in regards to a day one lynch, we do have to consider that we we want to launch as quickly as possible. Lynching a valuable worker day one could hurt us in accomplishing our launching goals.

Yup. I was just saying the same thing up above in response to Captain JAG.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #435
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
If we have a Galley Master, and if Danny assigns them a phaser, they can protect the Water Plant tonight also.

The security crew will have to figure out a system for protection at night to keep everyone from getting exhausted, but I'll leave that to them and they'll want some sort of randomness to it to avoid the Spawn figuring it out.

I think a good idea to this is assining a location to every security member. So, a member may have 3 locations assigned to them and then they choose which ti protect or to sleep. This keeps the spawn guessing while still allowing us to not accidently double up guard duty.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #436
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yup, I already have one.

ah
Old 06-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #437
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yup. I was just saying the same thing up above in response to Captain JAG.

Ah, Im on post 251 now, still a ways to go
Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #438
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Based on past games, not a great assumption. Amount of water found is pretty variable, and there is the potential for the spawn to sabotage a mission. If they have us at a point where we die of thirst, it is probably worth their while to do so.

It does seem like water mission today is the safe play
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #439
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Why no lynch on D1:

We need all of the help we can get on work stuff, and I suspect that the number of spawn is either 0 or so small (maybe as low as 1; even 2 would seem excessively high when you see BK say how many areas we can be converted on and endangered by) as to make it so unlikely we would hit one a randomly that we shouldn't bother.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #440
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
If saldana is going to investigate me anyway, then I think it also makes sense for me to lead the exhibition to get water (since we seem to be leaning this way), which frees up Autumn, LSG, and Packer to perform their role functions and gives us a scan of an away team member to make sure they didn't get converted. I guess that might depend on the timing of when the scan happens though, otherwise maybe Zinto should lead it since he's the officer we can most afford to be converted (sorry Ensign).

sounds like a good idea
Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #441
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think a good idea to this is assining a location to every security member. So, a member may have 3 locations assigned to them and then they choose which ti protect or to sleep. This keeps the spawn guessing while still allowing us to not accidently double up guard duty.

Yeah, I came up with this, too. We seem to have a lot of the same ideas, lol.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #442
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I'm leaning towards no vote today, by the way.

yep
Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #443
Zinto
College Starter

Luckily Danny is here to post all his normal posts over a day in just a few minutes
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #444
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I came up with this, too. We seem to have a lot of the same ideas, lol.

That's fairly reassuring. I do get a good vibe from you thus far and you have presented a lot of well reasoned posts already in where I am at in my reading.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #445
britrock88
Pro Starter

Have we talked at all about what facilities/people are most important for the security to guard? With the number of rooms and roled players in the game, this would seem important. At the same time, Chief might have been alluding to just that in 451, and maybe PF is on top of things already.

Other than that, carry on efficiently converting warehouses.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #446
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I agree that LSG or I should lead the team instead of Jag. There is no reason to risk a conversion of our captain on day one regardless of him being scanned when we have enough people to carry out tasks without him.

I'll have to read Saldana's ability again to see if it is worth the risk. You are probably right though.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #447
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry, CR - I had seen this and wasn't ignoring it. I wanted to give Danny a chance to check-in before giving him work.

I think me giving out phasers is the best use of my 1 daytime AP.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #448
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
The team comes back from their water mission. "Considering we didn't have any planning," Zinto explains as the water goes through the filter, "We did well, maybe even pretty well, for ourselves. Definitely could have been better though."

After a few moments of anticipation you learn the team got 23 units of water.

Nice, that's a good haul
Old 06-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #449
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, all caught up, whew!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #450
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
That was my understanding. Feel free to disobey the Chief and give me a phaser.

J/K

um....disobey YOU and give YOU a phaser?