Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #101
Zinto
College Starter

Oh and it seems everyone hates us because we are of a higher breed then them. As lions we have struggled to gain support.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #102
Zinto
College Starter

Hey Chief can I give Jamie some of my soldiers so he can perform a raid for me?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #103
bhlloy
Coordinator

Not sure if I can do that while I'm the lynch, or if it's even advisable given the state we are in.

Anybody have an alternate strategy, other than Joffrey pardons me and we weaken ourselves even more?

FWIW, I have no soldiers or ships although I have a decent amount of gold. As mentioned before, I'm more powerful than the other bannermen when it comes to war. Nothing else special about me as far as I can tell.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #104
Zinto
College Starter

Unfortunately it is just us in here. If I pardon you I only lose honor and we do not know the effect of that currently. I need to do so or I have little chance for the crown.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Hey Chief can I give Jamie some of my soldiers so he can perform a raid for me?

Yes, you can give him soldiers to do this.

The raid does happen after the Enemy of the realm vote, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #106
bhlloy
Coordinator

Probably not a good idea then Zinto
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #107
Zinto
College Starter

I am waiting on giving you soldiers. I have a need for you on my court, the honor thing does not scare me. Tomorrow I will donate money to the small folk so that I can regain some if not all of the honor hit.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #108
bhlloy
Coordinator

How much cash do we currently have between us?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #109
Zinto
College Starter

I have a few times more gold then you have on hand right now. I will be more open with my cash on hand once you are securely back as a member of my bannerman.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #110
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
If Renly plans to do any of the following, I will use the exact phrase next to these in the main forum hidden within a seemingly regular post as a warning. I will also try to include the name of the place or person the attack is aimed at somewhere in the post.

An attack on our land: "Renly is an honest and just man and would make a fine king."

An attempt to spy on us: "I would not trust any man who plays the Game of Thrones."

An attempt to ally with another kingdom: "My sword thirsts for blood."

Any other action that may have a consequence negative to the Lannister banner: "I care not for politics."

Are there any other things you want me to have a phrase for? At 10:00 PM I plan to move the money and signal to them my interest in joining their cause. I will be sure and relay any information we have discussed to them truthfully and accurately. *wink*

Well done, Ser Gregor. It appears that Joffrey and Jamie were better aware of events of the day than I was while in Renly's camp.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #111
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've got some information on our friend Stannis. He has a pretty huge fleet, it was 57 at this time yesterday and grows by seven per day.

In terms of troops and wealth, I personally have more men than him (although he gains faster, via tithe) and I had more wealth yesterday but with the tithe he should have passed me, assuming no major expenses.

I had constructed a "blow up the game" scenario earlier this evening, in the event that I returned home to find that my liege was the only person remaining in our proud house. I'm glad we will not need to execute it just yet.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #112
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, here is what I was able to deduce from conversations with Renly.

He was open to alliance with us, but relied greatly on the council of his bannermen. It may have been a ruse, but I was able to observe from afar (last poster on their house thread) that he initiated many conversations immediately following my missives. I trust him more than the other two pretenders, although that is damning with very faint praise.

He did not share the Gregor scenario with me, but did indicate that he felt compelled to split their votes today as his Hand was aligning with Stark/Stannis (Courtney was at House stark, and cast the first vote against Jamie) and his bannermen were split. He fully understood that if we could not present a united front that Jamie was doomed. I indicated that we would still receive an emissary today, but the reception would almost certainly be cooler if we felt their actions contributed to a 2nd Lannister Enemy of the Realm.

Roose asked me to visit Robb Stark today. I told him I was unable to do so, since I was visiting Renly. I suggested that we could expedite the parlay process if they sent a man to visit Joffrey.

After votes began to accumulate against Jamie I received notice from Robb indicating that our house was doomed and that I should seek refuge elsewhere ... preferably with House Stark. I suggested that if Jamie were to be declared an Enemy of the State today I would hold him personally accountable and that it would effectively end any chances of me ever aligning with him. He proceeded to vote for me, others followed, and I began plotting the "blow up the game" options that involved creating the most possible pain for House Stark.

Varys also is curious why neither of us have contacted him yet. But he said nothing of substance in his letter and I was not moved to reply. (ooc)ran out of time, wasn't around until immediately after deadline(/ooc)
Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #113
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would like to offer JAG the opportunity to flee House Stark to come here. What inducements do you think we could put before him that would make it appealing?

Harrenhal, if he is as loyal to the literature as every seems to want to be when voting for the Lannisters ...

Looking to make these decisions fairly quickly, as the decision rests with the enemy of the state and I don't want Robb/Roose to quickly come to agreement without us having our offer out first.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #114
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I would like to offer JAG the opportunity to flee House Stark to come here. What inducements do you think we could put before him that would make it appealing?

Harrenhal, if he is as loyal to the literature as every seems to want to be when voting for the Lannisters ...

Looking to make these decisions fairly quickly, as the decision rests with the enemy of the state and I don't want Robb/Roose to quickly come to agreement without us having our offer out first.

I think an offer of Harrenhal, as well as being our third bannerman and Warden of the North a long with some sort of gold sum could persuade him to join our ranks.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #115
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
THE LANDS OF WESTEROS

HOUSE STARK

King Robb Stark (CW)-- Winterfell (family home), Riverrun, The Twins and Deepwood Motte.
Roose Bolton(JAG)-- The Dreadfort (family home)
Rickard Karstark (MrBug708)-- The Karhold (family home)

HOUSE LANNISTER

King Joffrey Baratheon (Zinto)-- King's Landing, Harrenhal, Crakehall and Fairhaven
Tywin Lannister (hoopsguy)-- Casterly Rock (family home)
Ser Gregor Clegane (Julio Riddols)-- Clegane's Keep (family home)

HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE

King Stannis Baratheon (Autumn)-- Dragonstone (family home), Maidenpool and Duskendale
Ser Davos Seaworth (InBlue)-- Cape Wrath (family home)
Ser Axell Florent (claphamsa)-- Brightwater Keep (family home)

HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END

King Renly Baratheon (path12)-- Storm's End (family home), Summerhall, Blackhaven, The Arbor
Ser Loras Tyrell (murrayyyyy)-- Highgarden (family home)
Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus)-- Parchments (family home)

Quoted for ease of reference.
Roose is active now, Robb does not appear to be so. I do not wish to seize authority that is not mine to offer, but I believe speed is of the essence. I plan to send this offer to Roose in the next twenty minutes unless someone arrives here to suggest an alternate approach.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #116
Zinto
College Starter

I need to talk to Varys it was my mistake today as I forgot I could contact him and I was gone for most of the day.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #117
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I think an offer of Harrenhal, as well as being our third bannerman and Warden of the North a long with some sort of gold sum could persuade him to join our ranks.

Perfect, your arrival is timely.

Warden of the North, of course, would be contingent upon us acquiring that title from Robb Stark.

Do you think 20,000 gold would be a sufficient inducement? If he joins, he would bring a keen mind and I expect would be a good bannerman. I also hope he would leap at the opportunity to pen his name in the history books. I'll put up 10K if you can match that amount? For what it is worth, I strongly believe our house has the greatest starting gold.

Seeing as how he had already contacted me would you be opposed to me using my raven for the day to deliver the offer?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #118
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is pretty clear to me that Brienne of Tarth is powerfully upset with Stannis. The remaining bannermen for Renly are not present to take part in their house discussions. And Brienne has more messages on this topic in the last hour than she accumulated in the two days prior.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #119
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Perfect, your arrival is timely.

Warden of the North, of course, would be contingent upon us acquiring that title from Robb Stark.

Do you think 20,000 gold would be a sufficient inducement? If he joins, he would bring a keen mind and I expect would be a good bannerman. I also hope he would leap at the opportunity to pen his name in the history books. I'll put up 10K if you can match that amount? For what it is worth, I strongly believe our house has the greatest starting gold.

Seeing as how he had already contacted me would you be opposed to me using my raven for the day to deliver the offer?

I can definitely post the other half of the 10k gold. I believe it would be best if we waited until he joined with us to give him the gold, so it i snot wasted in restoring his honor.

Of course tell him Warden of the North will be given to him once the false King Stark is dead and if he needs more he can gain practice by becoming Warden of the West until we obtain the Warden of the North title.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #120
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I can definitely post the other half of the 10k gold. I believe it would be best if we waited until he joined with us to give him the gold, so it i snot wasted in restoring his honor.

Of course tell him Warden of the North will be given to him once the false King Stark is dead and if he needs more he can gain practice by becoming Warden of the West until we obtain the Warden of the North title.

Agreed on all counts.
Would you prefer to contact him directly or shall I? Obviously one of us would no longer have the ability to initiate contact via raven for the next 23 hours.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #121
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
It is pretty clear to me that Brienne of Tarth is powerfully upset with Stannis. The remaining bannermen for Renly are not present to take part in their house discussions. And Brienne has more messages on this topic in the last hour than she accumulated in the two days prior.

Yes she was the first to speak out against Stannis. She is probably going to be a powerful ally against him going forward.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #122
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, do we offer 10K gold to come, or 20K gold (10K apiece)?
We have one shot here - money doesn't move if he refuses. If he accepts, I expect he would work with us to put the money to best possible use.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #123
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Agreed on all counts.
Would you prefer to contact him directly or shall I? Obviously one of us would no longer have the ability to initiate contact via raven for the next 23 hours.

I believe that you have a much better way with words then I and are seen to be more trustworthy of most of the men in the kingdom, so thus I believe you should contact him.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #124
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Also, do we offer 10K gold to come, or 20K gold (10K apiece)?
We have one shot here - money doesn't move if he refuses. If he accepts, I expect he would work with us to put the money to best possible use.

The 20k gold should be the offer.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #125
Zinto
College Starter

We will also not send it to him until he arrives in our camp.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #126
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I believe that you have a much better way with words then I and are seen to be more trustworthy of most of the men in the kingdom, so thus I believe you should contact him.

Sending it now.
I would be excited if this came to pass.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #127
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is done.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #128
Zinto
College Starter

Well then hopefully it falls into place. Jamie will hopefully be left to my mercy and we can send him to retrieve Roose tomorrow, if all goes as plan.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #129
hoopsguy
General Manager

As an aside, I will be called upon to traverse the lands (run a 5K race) tomorrow evening. As a result, I will not be around for several hours leading up to the deadline. Would you prefer that I hold my vote so you can ensure it will have meaning later in the process?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #130
Zinto
College Starter

Yes please. I would hate for your vote to be wasted on someone who is not in the running down the line.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #131
Zinto
College Starter

Also, good luck and have fun in your 5k!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #132
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you wish to assure Jamie, you could make your decision first so he knows publicly that he'll be welcome here even as an enemy of the state.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Tywin Lannister has returned to camp from being an emmissary.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #134
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fairhaven has been raided by unknown raiders!

The holding lost half of its gold and trained men and no ships were produced there.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #135
hoopsguy
General Manager

A very quiet day for House Lannister, it would appear.

I've heard nothing from JAG, but the note posted by Chief Rum would suggest that he has selected another option.

If you have not heard from any other heads of state, and the votes turn against me this afternoon while I am away then I have a particularly aggressive scenario that I would very much consider executing. Joffrey, please let me know which of the houses you detest the most - no answer would mean that I proceed with House Stark.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #136
Zinto
College Starter

It has been a quiet day so far. I believe if we are going to go after a house in an exploding situation it should be the Starks. I hope that the Renly vs. Stannis battle continues and we can survive another day.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #137
Zinto
College Starter

It also seems that Renly sent a member of his bannerman here but I have yet to hear from him. Has he contacted you Grandfather?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Little Bird Report...

There seem to be more rumors aflutter about the kingdom today...

Rumors

...Cersei Lannister desires, more than anything else, to be Hand to the King, replacing her father, and thus rule the Seven Kingdoms...

...There are rumblings of mysterious unknown forces in the northwest...

...House Lannister is well aware of the strength of Dragonstone's assets...

...Foreign emissaries have been seen in the Red Keep. A chambermaid told her friends that she saw the emissaries entering the depths of the Keep. The chambermaid heard the foreigners talking with Lord Varys and Tyrion Lannister...

...a certain Young Wolf has been chattering away with multiple Lions yesterday...

...Some in the Lannister camp believe Lady Melisandre has the ability to remove a king...

...Tywin Lannister refers to Joffrey Lannister as "worthless toad" and "a spoiled 12 year old" in private and states that his loyalty is less than absolute...

Well, that is indeed interesting. I wanted to see if my words had been taken out of context or if these were entirely fabrications.

From my communications with Robb Stark:
"so too is this Joffrey not quite the worthless toad that others believe him to be"

and
"we will not devolve into a reactive, infantile house ruled by the whim of a spoiled 12 year old. Just understand that the voice you are expecting from Joffrey is not what is being delivered in our communications."

I would expect that fully quoting my own words - whether you believe them or not - is acceptable etiquette.

All of this was in response to suggestions that Zinto is playing Joffrey like GRRM's Joffrey, instead of actually trying to win a werewolf game of political intrigue.

And my loyalty is less than absolute. I'm absolutely looking for ways for House Lannister and Joffrey to prevail, but I'm also looking to avoid seeing my head severed from its body by one of the pretender rulers. That said, every action that I've taken since the start of the game has been to further both House Lannister and Joffrey's rules, as they are tightly coupled.

I can comment on this in the general thread if you would like, but I figured that it was more important to speak frankly and directly with our family. If the outsiders wish to use these rumors to further their own agendas, so be it ... it matters not as long as we do not allow them to create discord.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #139
Zinto
College Starter

Any thoughts on the day Jamie? Are you still around?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #140
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
It also seems that Renly sent a member of his bannerman here but I have yet to hear from him. Has he contacted you Grandfather?

No, I have yet to hear from anyone today. Eerily quiet.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #141
hoopsguy
General Manager

If they did in fact send an emissary, that person would visit the king and have unlimited PM rights. I know that the Renly's emissaries are collectively not online for much of the day ... with that in mind, I hope it is Brienne and that she brings good tidings. The extended day would work to our advantage, based on my knowledge of her movements.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #142
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Well, that is indeed interesting. I wanted to see if my words had been taken out of context or if these were entirely fabrications.

From my communications with Robb Stark:
"so too is this Joffrey not quite the worthless toad that others believe him to be"

and
"we will not devolve into a reactive, infantile house ruled by the whim of a spoiled 12 year old. Just understand that the voice you are expecting from Joffrey is not what is being delivered in our communications."

I would expect that fully quoting my own words - whether you believe them or not - is acceptable etiquette.

All of this was in response to suggestions that Zinto is playing Joffrey like GRRM's Joffrey, instead of actually trying to win a werewolf game of political intrigue.

And my loyalty is less than absolute. I'm absolutely looking for ways for House Lannister and Joffrey to prevail, but I'm also looking to avoid seeing my head severed from its body by one of the pretender rulers. That said, every action that I've taken since the start of the game has been to further both House Lannister and Joffrey's rules, as they are tightly coupled.

I can comment on this in the general thread if you would like, but I figured that it was more important to speak frankly and directly with our family. If the outsiders wish to use these rumors to further their own agendas, so be it ... it matters not as long as we do not allow them to create discord.

I trust you as much as one can trust a bannerman in this game. I have no doubt the Varys can view a certain number of ravens a day and then spread rumors from those letters.

Honestly without your vote, your men and your gold my shot at the throne is dead so I have to have faith in you. No rumor is going to make me doubt you.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #143
Zinto
College Starter

It is also unfortunate that Roose decided not to take us up on our offer. I think I may have you and Ser Jamie raid some Stark or Stannis land tonight so that we can hopefully do some damage.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #144
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm pretty quiet during the day, as im just on my phone at work. I would agree on the face of it that we should raid Stannis tonight. Ill post more couple hours before deadline when i get home
Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #145
hoopsguy
General Manager

Some additional info on Robb Stark: He has 35K in treasury, but is getting nearly 20K per day. He has invested in his land Winterfall for additional gold and men ... an investment that seems to be paying off handsomely, at least in comparison to what I saw for Stannis' funds. At 19K additional gold per day, along with 1350 men, that growth dwarfs (why would I use that word, given my last son?) the daily numbers from Casterly Rock. 23,000 men. No ships.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #146
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
It is also unfortunate that Roose decided not to take us up on our offer. I think I may have you and Ser Jamie raid some Stark or Stannis land tonight so that we can hopefully do some damage.

It concerns me because it suggests that he has a high level of confidence for the plans Stark has concocted. If he felt that there was a leadership void, I would expect that he would have joined us.

I'm considering the purchase of an assassin; I expect that will be the direction I go if we get to a point where another Lannister is declared Enemy of the Realm on Day 3.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #147
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'm pretty quiet during the day, as im just on my phone at work. I would agree on the face of it that we should raid Stannis tonight. Ill post more couple hours before deadline when i get home

No worries the next deadline is not until 5 PM tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #148
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Some additional info on Robb Stark: He has 35K in treasury, but is getting nearly 20K per day. He has invested in his land Winterfall for additional gold and men ... an investment that seems to be paying off handsomely, at least in comparison to what I saw for Stannis' funds. At 19K additional gold per day, along with 1350 men, that growth dwarfs (why would I use that word, given my last son?) the daily numbers from Casterly Rock. 23,000 men. No ships.

I think I should probably invest in Harrenhal, and Kings Landing then. Probably twice(if I can do so in one day) so that we rake in the gold and men.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #149
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think the rumblings of mysterious forces in the NW is very interesting. Suggests at some point we will be fighting against more than each other
Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #150
hoopsguy
General Manager

Everyone sending emissaries to everyone but us sounds very bad for Day 4 - you know, the first day that war can be declared.

We almost certainly need to send an emissary out to one of the rulers; I suspect we have to continue to pursue the Renly angle with hopes that he is truly frosted with Stannis. I think we would also have to promise him that we would go after Stannis instead of Stark.

I'm not going to have much availability for the remainder of the day. If you want me to play this role I can do so, but won't be able to really start the communications until roughly midnight EST which will leave a relatively small window of time.