Effort - Gather Supplies
Biodome Workers - Jackal, Danny, JAG
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #852
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Alright, we need three people with high engineering scores to work on the biodome.

Can Chief Rum and Autumn take care of Schmidty? I'm reluctant to devote more resources to that.

Leadership doubled my vote for projects and had an additional one-time effect similar to the society goal. With that in mind, it may be best to give leadership to other individuals if given the chance, so they can also get a bonus.

The biodome will probably(?) counter food shortages once we get it going, so do we want risk dealing with the food shortages and focus on another goal?

font, EF seems to be taking that request or in-thread thinking out loud as an order.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #853
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Just throwing this out there, is it overkill to use all our best engineers on the project that's almost done? If we're working on another project, do we need more engineering muscle there?

Maybe? I've considered the idea that they may require a "rest" period after this project, so would have to sit out the next project.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #854
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Vote: Other Project - Research Facility
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #855
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Just throwing this out there, is it overkill to use all our best engineers on the project that's almost done? If we're working on another project, do we need more engineering muscle there?

Just curious but why are we in a hurry? I'm not exactly sure the effects of skipping food but didn't EF say there were consequences for not eating today?

I think maybe once the biodome is up we probably won't have to do the supply run thing as much (altho that's a complete guess it makes sense).

(I keep picturing all of us going to the Mars Taco Bell for these supplies. I mean there's gotta be one here, right?)
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:39 PM   #856
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Meaning if voting turns towards working on next project instead of gathering supplies?

I wonder how that works, since there's no current action to assign people to the next project, but it could potentially also be finished today?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:39 PM   #857
timmae
College Starter

Nah... Mars Cheese Castle. Google it.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #858
Raven
College Prospect

Old 02-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #859
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Nah... Mars Cheese Castle. Google it.

I've been there!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #860
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
font, EF seems to be taking that request or in-thread thinking out loud as an order.
-_- It had a question mark.

If Schmidty doesn't show up toDay, will he be replaced? If not, I am very reluctant to devote any resources to him.

I would like the various elected officials to be a little more openly honest about their options and abilities.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #861
DanGarion
Coordinator

vote project Research Center
vote effort Next Build
vote biodome workers Grover, DanGarion, Timmae
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #862
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I'd suggest we pick our 3 BioDome workers from this group.
I think we've agreed that the skills most likely required would be Engineering and Physical strength.
If we want to go heavy on Engineering (Danny & Jackal?) but both come at the cost of physical strength.
If we want to go heavy on Strength (bitrock & JAG?), but comes at the cost of Engineering.

You realize you excluded me from that list... right? I have physical strength.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #863
Thomkal
Head Coach

vote next project
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #864
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Mars as you know it (rudimentary)...

What do you know, Mars really is red.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #865
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
You realize you excluded me from that list... right? I have physical strength.

Mostly everyone on the list is either good/great at engineering, or great physical strength. You and I have likely similar physical strength (both good), and little engineering skills. It would be terrible to put both of us on the project, and putting us both on the list possibly just splits votes. Since I am a farmer, and that experience may be useful in the establishing the BioDome, I don't think you'd be valuable to the project. No offense - I'm sure there will be plenty of roles more appropriate to you in the future.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #866
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't like the idea of just two working on Schmidty in case one of our fine doctors is working against us. I have no reason to suspect any at this point in the game, but having 3 working on him feels safer to me.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #867
Zinto
College Starter

I really think that we should try to reestablish communications today. Knowing information from wherever we get it would be good.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #868
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I don't like the idea of just two working on Schmidty in case one of our fine doctors is working against us. I have no reason to suspect any at this point in the game, but having 3 working on him feels safer to me.

Well, we have at least three medical folks. If we use two and Schmidt dies, we can just gas both the doctors and know we have a safe one in reserve
Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #869
Zinto
College Starter

And we are going to want the communicator up if we end up sending people out of our base of operations so we can maintain contact with them,
Old 02-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #870
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
No leads, no special items or abilities. Sigh. But I'd be happy to help out inasmuch as you need people to do so.

Thanks! it would help if you vote for the next project to be the govt creation, if you haven't already, otherwise I have no tasks for you right now.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #871
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Well, we have at least three medical folks. If we use two and Schmidt dies, we can just gas both the doctors and know we have a safe one in reserve

yes we're off to a roaring start if we're suggesting things like "well we should kill our doctors in case they're against us. hahahahahahaha
Old 02-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #872
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
And we are going to want the communicator up if we end up sending people out of our base of operations so we can maintain contact with them,

That is probably a good point, does the comm equipment do more than just talking to Earth? I don't see communicating with Earth as a real priority. We know we have someone that shouldn't be here, and yes Earth can probably assist in that to a degree. But beyond that, what else can communicating with Earth do for us in this colony?

If the equipment is only for communicating with Earth and given the labor/time constraints we are under, I don't see this as a valuable project in the first few days.

If this equipment is also used by the colonists, then my opinion changes and this is a huge resource that we need ASAP.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #873
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

That's a good point JAG, we will likely need engineering help if we build something like the medical or research facility.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #874
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
That is probably a good point, does the comm equipment do more than just talking to Earth? I don't see communicating with Earth as a real priority. We know we have someone that shouldn't be here, and yes Earth can probably assist in that to a degree. But beyond that, what else can communicating with Earth do for us in this colony?

If the equipment is only for communicating with Earth and given the labor/time constraints we are under, I don't see this as a valuable project in the first few days.

If this equipment is also used by the colonists, then my opinion changes and this is a huge resource that we need ASAP.

I was wrong I looked back at the item list and it doesn't say anything about colonists using it to communicate with each other. I still assume that it is important but maybe not the most important thing.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #875
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 874

Project
Research Center 8 - Narcizo (674), Grover (729), The Jackal (736), Sharkn20 (768), CrimsonFox (770), saldana (846), timmae (847), Shoveler (854)
Government 3 - Thomkal (758), JAG (765), britrock88 (842)
Fix Communications 1 - Autumn (844)
Medical Center 1 - Raven (851)

Effort
Next Build 7 - Autumn (763), Grover (773), Narcizo (812), JAG (824), timmaee (847), Shoveler (854), Thomkal (863)
Gather Supplies 6 - Sharkn20 (806), CrimsonFox (811), The Jackal (814), britrock88 (842), saldana (846), Raven (851)

Biodome Workers
Grover 6 - Crimsonfox (813), JAG (820), Grover (825), Narcizo (828), britrock88 (842), The Jackal (848)
saldana 6 - CrimsonFox (813), JAG (820), Grover (825), Narcizo (828), britrock88 (842), The Jackal (848)
The Jackal 4 - JAG (820), Narcizo (828), The Jackal (848), Raven (851)
Raven 2 - CrimsonFox (813), britrock88 (842)
Danny 2 - Grover (825), Raven (851)
JAG 1 - Raven (851)

Medics for Schmidty
Chief Rum (appointed by fontisian???) - tentative
Autumn (appointed by fontisian???) - tentative

Yet to Vote
Chief Rum, Suicane75, Schmidty, fontisian, ntndeacon, GoldenEagle, DanGarion, Danny, Zinto

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-18-2015 at 04:23 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #876
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
-_- It had a question mark.

If Schmidty doesn't show up toDay, will he be replaced? If not, I am very reluctant to devote any resources to him.

I would like the various elected officials to be a little more openly honest about their options and abilities.

Sorry, I read that wrong. I will add the question marks for the post for now while you decide.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #877
Shoveler
High School Varsity

For the biodome, did anyone have a background in construction? That might be a good candidate to assist in the build in the event there are skills we are not aware of involved in completing these tasks.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #878
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

how do you know that last one is safe though?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #879
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I too wondered if this was just communication with Earth-I think EF said it was earlier this afternoon? (too lazy to go check)
Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #880
Thomkal
Head Coach

as for the doctors and biodome workers, the leaders of each staff involved with them have already announced who they would like to be working with them, so I say "President" Fontisan go with them and officially appoint them unless she has some objections.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #881
Thomkal
Head Coach

Be back later
Old 02-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #882
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do you know, Mars really is red.

With the blood of the first colonists?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #883
Grover
Pro Starter

UNVOTE Next Project

VOTE Gather Supplies

I know I originally said I wanted to get the Research Center done second, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more I think we should HAVE some supplies, especially food. I'm not sure what the consequences of a food shortage are (some of us not surviving? Starving? Needing more medical attention?) But I don't want to find out.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #884
Suicane75
Coordinator

Vote: Gather Supplies
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #885
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's a good point JAG, we will likely need engineering help if we build something like the medical or research facility.

Good point, another decent argument for today's project to be government, which of all the available projects probably requires the least, if any, input from engineers.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #886
fontisian
College Prospect

Appoint: Grover, Saldana and JAG to the Biodome
Autumn and Chief Rum to Healing Schmidty

Two strong engineering types for the biodome, with a physical back-up in case that's important.

I'm tempted to take one of the two people off of Schmidty. Thoughts?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #887
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
[b]

I'm tempted to take one of the two people off of Schmidty. Thoughts?

I can see the case for leaving two with him. We don't know the extent of his injuries, or what his health level has dropped to. Then again, we still haven't heard hide or hair of Schmidty since before landing on the planet.

Is it unreasonable to say that we could let him go?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #888
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
With the blood of the first colonists?

That's a lot of blood if so.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #889
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What's Jag got to do...got to do with it?

I thought Jackal was the engineer.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #890
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I can see the case for leaving two with him. We don't know the extent of his injuries, or what his health level has dropped to. Then again, we still haven't heard hide or hair of Schmidty since before landing on the planet.

Is it unreasonable to say that we could let him go?

Good God, man, have you no heart?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #891
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
What's Jag got to do...got to do with it?

I thought Jackal was the engineer.
Physical.

Our engineers don't have significant physical stats, and it's possible that there's a physical component necessary to get the Biodome up and running. JAG has a high physical stat. If we agree that physical is unlikely to come into play, then I'll replace him with Jackal.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #892
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm an engineer. I don't let emotion cloud my thinking. This is a serious operation in an alien territory that no other group of humans have survived in successfully. If someone is not at their absolute best from the get-go, especially when we don't currently have the medical facilities, why try and save them when the resources can be better used elsewhere.

Call me callous, but one less person means an easier rationing of food and supplies, living space, etc.

We don't even know anything about Schmidty at this point. It's as if he hasn't existed at all to this point. Sure, he landed on Mars with us, but he has contributed nothing to the cause.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #893
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Mostly everyone on the list is either good/great at engineering, or great physical strength. You and I have likely similar physical strength (both good), and little engineering skills. It would be terrible to put both of us on the project, and putting us both on the list possibly just splits votes. Since I am a farmer, and that experience may be useful in the establishing the BioDome, I don't think you'd be valuable to the project. No offense - I'm sure there will be plenty of roles more appropriate to you in the future.

"Here is a comprehensive list of people that have the skills to do the biodome" - conveniently leaves me off list because I have the skills as them. Um... ok.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #894
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm tempted to let Schmidty die. He's a drain on resources as long as he's inactive. There's no need to pour more resources into him.

Survival and heart don't really go together.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #895
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay off for real this time, but wanted to make sure you understand why I'm voting for govt creation-I believe that doing so will either give me powers or options to build things I will need if I'm going to be able to do my job as sheriff and keep you all safe.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #896
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm tempted to let Schmidty die. He's a drain on resources as long as he's inactive. There's no need to pour more resources into him.

Survival and heart don't really go together.

I am glad at least one person is on the same page as I am about this.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #897
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Schmidty has been injured. He is currently in critical condition and in need of treatment.

Critical condition and with no medical facility. I would not recommend less than two people. In a situation where we have some who is MIA, I prefer to plan that the person in question will show up or be replaced and so we should try to save them if it's possible.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #898
Danny
Head Coach

project research center
Effort next build
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #899
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Critical condition and with no medical facility. I would not recommend less than two people. In a situation where we have some who is MIA, I prefer to plan that the person in question will show up or be replaced and so we should try to save them if it's possible.

I agree. As much as it stinks he isn't here right now he is still an asset. We can always heal him up and use him as a supply gatherer or a builder. I also think it will be a good idea to get a gauge on how well our doctors are going to be at healing without a medical facility.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #900
Zinto
College Starter

Project Government
Effort Next Build