Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #201
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree Lathum, though we're already at half a waste with only 6 real votes for the day. More than half the players not putting down a solid vote? That's going to suck.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #202
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops, I see you have been lingering. Any thoughts?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #203
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that sucks.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #204
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Autumn-3 Hoops (157), Lathum (178) PB (198)
DV-1 J23 (169)
CF-2- CR (173), Autumn (182)

fixed
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #205
Autumn
Head Coach

That may be a lame reason to vote CF, PurdueBrad, but what reason is there to vote me? Because Hoops voted me? That's pretty much all that's happened against me, and he only voted me because I didn't check in and say "I'm a villager."
Old 08-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #206
hoopsguy
General Manager

I went along with this plan with my eyes wide open in terms of how the duke (DT had revealed) may choose to play it. They have the power, and it is tough to cede that over to the majority, no matter how well conceived the plan might be.

DT, I would just ask that you strongly consider the majority vote in your order and that if you deviate from it that it not be a post-deadline surprise. I don't see any upside for you doing that as a villager, and would see pretty considerable downside.

I would also ask the seer to put in a conditional order, with the provision being that if DT does not duke to the majority that he is the scan choice. If he does duke to the majority then scan whoever was your original target.

I think that at least puts some pressure on a potential "wolf duke" ... no idea if we have that scenario here, just trying to think up some kind of appropriate counter-measures if the duke goes rogue.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm - I see I guess. Guess I don't see the point in my making an unofficial vote on the person who's going to be duked to and then duking to them. If I disagreed with the majority then I would duke to someone else. But if I agree with the majority then why make the unofficial vote and then duke to them? Seems...redundant.

But if you're getting all wrapped up in it:

VOTE AUTUMN
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #208
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I went along with this plan with my eyes wide open in terms of how the duke (DT had revealed) may choose to play it. They have the power, and it is tough to cede that over to the majority, no matter how well conceived the plan might be.

DT, I would just ask that you strongly consider the majority vote in your order and that if you deviate from it that it not be a post-deadline surprise. I don't see any upside for you doing that as a villager, and would see pretty considerable downside.

I would also ask the seer to put in a conditional order, with the provision being that if DT does not duke to the majority that he is the scan choice. If he does duke to the majority then scan whoever was your original target.

I think that at least puts some pressure on a potential "wolf duke" ... no idea if we have that scenario here, just trying to think up some kind of appropriate counter-measures if the duke goes rogue.

good call
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #209
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Hoops, I see you have been lingering. Any thoughts?

Yep, just typed them.

Keep in mind, I've never had a "real" duke role so that probably colors my thinking just a little bit. I try not to let that impact me, but I'm dying to get to use the duke just one time in a werewolf game Alas, it isn't going to be this one.

Always the duke-ie, never the duke
Old 08-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #210
Autumn
Head Coach

*sigh*
Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #211
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That may be a lame reason to vote CF, PurdueBrad, but what reason is there to vote me? Because Hoops voted me? That's pretty much all that's happened against me, and he only voted me because I didn't check in and say "I'm a villager."

You are my vote by default based on what is out there. I don't want to risk a tie, I want to pressure DT into having to follow through with our plan, and I really don't like the reasoning for voting CF, that leaves you as my default. And Hoops and Lathum voting you actually made me consider not voting you because I count them as incredibly dangerous wolves (and great villagers but either of them as wolves always scares me).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #212
Autumn
Head Coach

Well I urged you to stick to the vote, DT, but now I"m reconsidering.

Why are you voting me, DT? It seems I have four votes, and only one of them has given even a trace of a reason. What have I done that's suspicious?

CrimsonFox blew in here and refused to go along with a really useful village plan. Isn't that more suspicious than checking in without saying "I'm a villager," which I might add I never do in any game?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, if you do end up getting whacked as a villager on day 1 for something as silly as my initial vote then that really sucks and I'm sorry. I certainly did not push for a bandwagon - was just having some fun last night before going to bed.

In all seriousness, I've got some minor wolf vibes early with you trying to downplay the vote and now sweating it a bit when it looks like you might get caught. I'm feeling this enough to not change my "unofficial vote" at this stage in the day.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #214
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Hmmm - I see I guess. Guess I don't see the point in my making an unofficial vote on the person who's going to be duked to and then duking to them. If I disagreed with the majority then I would duke to someone else. But if I agree with the majority then why make the unofficial vote and then duke to them? Seems...redundant.

But if you're getting all wrapped up in it:

VOTE AUTUMN

If you were duke on D1 would you switch the vote to the person you voted just for the hell of it?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #215
Autumn
Head Coach

That makes zero sense, PB. You would have made it 3-2 CF, and then DT would have to go along with that and it would be 4-2 CF. So how about you switch over to him, and DT will Duke to him and we'll all be happy?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #216
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unofficialy unvote Autumn
Unofficially Vote CF
Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #217
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If you were duke on D1 would you switch the vote to the person you voted just for the hell of it?

I'm confused about what has you confused. But let's just table this one - I get the feeling we're both on the same side and just miscommunicating past each other.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think at this stage if Autumn was a wolf he would have fake revealed to cast a shadow of a doubt if nothing else.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #219
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, if you do end up getting whacked as a villager on day 1 for something as silly as my initial vote then that really sucks and I'm sorry. I certainly did not push for a bandwagon - was just having some fun last night before going to bed.

In all seriousness, I've got some minor wolf vibes early with you trying to downplay the vote and now sweating it a bit when it looks like you might get caught. I'm feeling this enough to not change my "unofficial vote" at this stage in the day.

Yeah I downplayed it because it was the first vote in the game, early on day one. That's nothing. Now I'm going to get lynched, with only half the people in the game even voting. Aren't the people not participating in a day one vote more suspicious than someone who's been participating all day?

I get it. Next time I'll freak out when someone throws a silly vote at me early on day one. That's the villager play.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #220
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unofficialy unvote Autumn
Unofficially Vote CF

This makes me curious...
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #221
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unofficial Vote

Autumn-3 Hoops (157), PB (198), DT (207)
DV-1 J23 (169)
CF-3- CR (173), Autumn (182), Lathum (216)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #222
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That makes zero sense, PB. You would have made it 3-2 CF, and then DT would have to go along with that and it would be 4-2 CF. So how about you switch over to him, and DT will Duke to him and we'll all be happy?

I'm sorry, but voting for CF for questioning the groups plan is insane to me because a wolf would go along with the plan rather than draw that kind of attention. I feel comfortable where I am in comparison to that reasoning. I do know that I could've put CF into the lead but I don't agree he belongs there for the reasons given.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #223
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So if we're tied, what am I supposed to do then village??
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #224
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm sorry, but voting for CF for questioning the groups plan is insane to me because a wolf would go along with the plan rather than draw that kind of attention. I feel comfortable where I am in comparison to that reasoning. I do know that I could've put CF into the lead but I don't agree he belongs there for the reasons given.

It would be a really solid wolf play to do just that to get people to think along the lines you are thinking and a move he is capable of making.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #225
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If we're tied, I guess it is in your hands. I would still prefer to see you go for one of the leading vote-getters so we have some vote history.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #226
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you're suppose to duke to CF. ;-)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #227
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I see Bug in the thread and he has yet to make an unofficial vote.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #228
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well, I suppose if nothing else today has generated more discussion that the average D1.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #229
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, you get to make a call regardless of how the vote shakes out.

But if it is tied then the duke vote breaks the tie if you do nothing. So it wouldn't really be tied.

As far as your vote, do you really think Autumn is the right candidate today or were you just trying to remove the pressure on your duke action? I would like to know in terms of evaluating voting records for later in the game.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #230
Autumn
Head Coach

You guys drive me crazy. Thanks for the vote *hah* of confidence, Lathum. Though honestly I'm not sure a fake reveal would help a wolf in this game. DT, I'm hoping that you duke elsewhere. I'm not a roled player right now, so I can't say I'm a worse lynch than duking randomly. But CF has been on the hot seat and would have revealed if he was a role.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #231
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, I suppose if nothing else today has generated more discussion that the average D1.

But between what, four or five people? We have nearly nothing on most of hte players.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #232
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DT, you get to make a call regardless of how the vote shakes out.

But if it is tied then the duke vote breaks the tie if you do nothing. So it wouldn't really be tied.

As far as your vote, do you really think Autumn is the right candidate today or were you just trying to remove the pressure on your duke action? I would like to know in terms of evaluating voting records for later in the game.

His play later this afternoon has given me increased confidence that he's the right candidate.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #233
MrBug708
Head Coach

I really have nothing much else to add other then DT seems pretty fishy for wanting to suddenly reserve the right to switch. I understand it, just odd that he decided this so late in the game day.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #234
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I actually thought about posting it before I left work at like 5pm, but ran out of time before it was time to go. Damn work.

Just FYI.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #235
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would agree Bug, but you have the power to put him to the test by choosing Autumn or CF right now.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #236
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I really have nothing much else to add other then DT seems pretty fishy for wanting to suddenly reserve the right to switch. I understand it, just odd that he decided this so late in the game day.

So who would be your unofficial vote?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #237
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

So vote DT then. But everyone needs to put their ass on the line and vote.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #238
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would agree Bug, but you have the power to put him to the test by choosing Autumn or CF right now.

Nothing fishy about it. Just stating the obvious, because I resented the implication that I'm just some mindless tool.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #239
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Makes me want to duke to Bug. Fishy as fuck there.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #240
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn is right about one thing thus far, there are a lot of people that have managed to 'dodge' this vote.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #241
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Makes me want to duke to Bug. Fishy as fuck there.

It'd be a better move than me. I've been willing to get my voice in the mix all day long. As usual it just puts someone in the hotseat while the wolves sit back and chuckle.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #242
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Autumn is right about one thing thus far, there are a lot of people that have managed to 'dodge' this vote.

Dunno about you, but they're all seriously elevated on my radar now.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #243
Danny
Head Coach

DEADLINE!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #244
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Nothing fishy about it. Just stating the obvious, because I resented the implication that I'm just some mindless tool.

No one is saying anything of the sort, anyone could have been the duke and been in your position, it isn't anything personal towards you.

If you weren't going to be 100% on board then you shouldn't have revealed and just let today be an ordinary day 1, but this 180 and second guessing you are doing now stinks to high hell.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #245
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No one is saying anything of the sort, anyone could have been the duke and been in your position, it isn't anything personal towards you.

If you weren't going to be 100% on board then you shouldn't have revealed and just let today be an ordinary day 1, but this 180 and second guessing you are doing now stinks to high hell.

who's doing a 180 and second-guessing?

i went along with the plan like a good lil doobie...I was just pointing out that nobody is really above suspiscion at this point - even those who came up with this idea.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #246
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you just seem to zero in on me in WW games lately and feel like I'm wolfy no matter what I do, even when I'm not a wolf. So I guess I should expect it. And maybe it's a compliment.

But it's a bit irritating I must admit. Makes me want to post less and be more thoughtful with my posts, rather than just "stream of consciousness" style, which tends to be how I play best. You're cramping my style.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
who's doing a 180 and second-guessing?

i went along with the plan like a good lil doobie...I was just pointing out that nobody is really above suspiscion at this point - even those who came up with this idea.

You have spent the last hour discussing the possible ways you can use your ability and claiming if you don't like the majority candidate you reserve the right to go your own direction, which wasn't what was discussed earlier.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #248
Danny
Head Coach

Everyone decides DaddyTorgo should decide the lynch with his duke ability, but who shall be the one to die? Sauron? Jason Worthing? Boba Fett? Ooops wrong game

No, he decides it shall be Autumn!

Autumn is killed, he was a wolf! Autumn had no current ability and thus all abilities are still currently in the game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #249
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
you just seem to zero in on me in WW games lately and feel like I'm wolfy no matter what I do, even when I'm not a wolf. So I guess I should expect it. And maybe it's a compliment.

But it's a bit irritating I must admit. Makes me want to post less and be more thoughtful with my posts, rather than just "stream of consciousness" style, which tends to be how I play best. You're cramping my style.

Who are you talking about?

I haven't played a game in about 6 months.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have spent the last hour discussing the possible ways you can use your ability and claiming if you don't like the majority candidate you reserve the right to go your own direction, which wasn't what was discussed earlier.

i mentioned that in one fucking post and you jumped on it and have been beating it to death, forcing me to talk about it.

let it go and i'll stop addressing it. it was just an off-the-cuff, "i've had a scotch and 2 beers and a fruity girly drink" type statement.