Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #301
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Except once it was learned autumn was a wolf we would have lookers dts way. By killing autumn he buys tons if trust. It's just bad luck cr scanned him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #302
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in on this, nice job CR.

vote DT
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #303
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Except once it was learned autumn was a wolf we would have lookers dts way. By killing autumn he buys tons if trust. It's just bad luck cr scanned him.

Bad luck my ass. I scanned him for exactly this reason. We couldn't trust DT's move until we could trust DT, so I scanned him, on the assumtpion he would come out a cleared villager.

So I was a little surprised. But, yeah, if you're an opening wolf duke, it's a good move to try to buy trust by offing a wolf. Just unfortunately for DT, the seer role landed on someone who isn't particularly trusting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #304
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, my apologies, Lathum. That "bad luck, my ass" wasn't intended to be a throw back at you, but a pompous self-congratulatory pat on the back for myself.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #305
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well, okay. If this ends up a bust, CR is definitely the next to go seeing as no one else is a suspect right now.

unvote CR
vote DaddyTorgo
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #306
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think the move to vote for a wolf is risky, but it could have been a solid preemptive move, especially if a player can't commit to being here all of the time. Since DT was also the Duke and outed himself essentially, it eliminated any possible chance that Chief scanned the "cunning" role. On top of that, the cunning role has been eliminated, so any seer role would be an accurate scan.

Of course, if Rum is a wolf who is tossing another wolf to the villagers, it might be one of the guttiest moves ever as he'd be the only wolf left (3 wolves right? Couldnt see it in the description I dont think or it's unknown) and almost no chance of lynching.

Vote - DT

FWIW - I was a villager with the brutal role on day 1
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #307
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Assuming DT is a wolf this pretty much clears Bug in my mind. If he was a wolf and they knew Autumn was going down anyway they would have had Bug just vote for him instead of abstaining.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #308
Schmidty
Coordinator

Back home from work finally. Catching up.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #309
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm on board.

Vote DT
Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #310
Danny
Head Coach

Deadline
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #311
Danny
Head Coach

You guys lynch DaddyTorgo! He is a wolf
Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #312
Danny
Head Coach

Darth Vilus is night killed!

But wait, he says J23 is coming with him! Both Darth and J23 were villagers. Darth had the Brutal role and J23 had the Double Voter role. Both roles are removed from the game.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #313
MrBug708
Head Coach

WTG Chief!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #314
Danny
Head Coach

Day 3 roles are out. Deadline is Friday at 10 eastern.

Last edited by Danny : 08-05-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #315
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Why do you hate me Danny?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #316
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sorry for not getting in on this runaway today but I've been sick and I was just sacked out
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #317
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Assuming DT is a wolf this pretty much clears Bug in my mind. If he was a wolf and they knew Autumn was going down anyway they would have had Bug just vote for him instead of abstaining.

Does this mean I'm cleared?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #318
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

dang it! I was the seer yesterday, but I looked at J23. Obviously he came up as a villager in my scan.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #319
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Good result on DT but another rough nightkill. I will be on in the afternoon/early evening today.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #320
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Were there a ton of no votes again yesterday or am I imagining that?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #321
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote History:

Day 1 (listing UNofficial votes only OR votes that were not for DT):

Autumn: Hoops, PB, Daddy Torgo
Darth Vilus: J23
Crimson Fox: Chief Rum, Autumn, Lathum

No votes: Jackal, ntndeacon, Schmidty, Mr.Bug, Darth Vilus, Crimson Fox

Day 2
Daddy Torgo: Chief Rum, Lathum, ntndeacon, J23, PB, CrimsonFox, Mr.Bug, Schmidty

No votes: Jackal, Darth Vilus, Daddy Torgo

----

Hmmm, so now the question is this. Did the wolf miss the D1 vote or not? If so, then the wolf has to be more active D2 when their second partner is about to go. If they didn't miss the D1 vote then we have a small pool to pick from.

Anyway, out till later but there is the history. Feel free to correct as necessary.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #322
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

For consumption...

I worked backwards in my mind from DT's duking of Autumn, and realized that, whereas before I felt good about Lathum's idea for usign the duke, now I have to consider that it was a setup to not only make DT look good, but Lathum as well. Like a double cover.

I'm not saying I think Lathum is a wolf, just that in retrospect, we shouldn't give him any benefit of the doubt on the basis that he came up with the duke idea that "worked out so well".

Of course, maybe that was just my impression before, that Lathum was looking pretty good, so if you guys did not have any preconceived notions, then carry on.

Stress again--I am not saying I think that happened, or that I suspect Lathum more than others, just throwing it out there, in a double-layered conspiracy theory sorta way.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #323
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Vote History:

Day 1 (listing UNofficial votes only OR votes that were not for DT):

Autumn: Hoops, PB, Daddy Torgo
Darth Vilus: J23
Crimson Fox: Chief Rum, Autumn, Lathum

No votes: Jackal, ntndeacon, Schmidty, Mr.Bug, Darth Vilus, Crimson Fox

Day 2
Daddy Torgo: Chief Rum, Lathum, ntndeacon, J23, PB, CrimsonFox, Mr.Bug, Schmidty

No votes: Jackal, Darth Vilus, Daddy Torgo

----

Hmmm, so now the question is this. Did the wolf miss the D1 vote or not? If so, then the wolf has to be more active D2 when their second partner is about to go. If they didn't miss the D1 vote then we have a small pool to pick from.

Anyway, out till later but there is the history. Feel free to correct as necessary.

The only thing I would add for day one is that mine was the only one on day 1 that had no vote whatsoever. I am pretty sure the rest did vote for DT. (I realize this does not go against what you said, but it is at least some voting the rest of the day one "no votes" did)
Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #324
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I don't have a great feeling about this but a couple of niggling things are pulling at me in regard to my vote for today. It is possible I am reading wolfishness into small displays of dissent, but there we go...
I am fixed on this today, as I won't be near the computer til way after the deadline...

Vote CrimsonFox
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #325
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I was just thinking of something-- we really have no vote history at all.

Day Two, of course, was a runaway, no value there.

Day One, the wolves had the duke in a plan centered around the duke producing the lynch--and only they knew it. They had free reign to set up how that vote went down, knowing that the end result was either going to be a set up for trust (sacrificing a wolf) or would just set up DT for the fall if he does something suspicious.

So we're practically back at the start with respect to voting history.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #326
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
For consumption...

I worked backwards in my mind from DT's duking of Autumn, and realized that, whereas before I felt good about Lathum's idea for usign the duke, now I have to consider that it was a setup to not only make DT look good, but Lathum as well. Like a double cover.

I'm not saying I think Lathum is a wolf, just that in retrospect, we shouldn't give him any benefit of the doubt on the basis that he came up with the duke idea that "worked out so well".

Of course, maybe that was just my impression before, that Lathum was looking pretty good, so if you guys did not have any preconceived notions, then carry on.

Stress again--I am not saying I think that happened, or that I suspect Lathum more than others, just throwing it out there, in a double-layered conspiracy theory sorta way.

Yeah he was pushing for me and pushing for a group thing pretty hard day one with "I'm suspicious" excuses but not actually addressing what I was saying. Then again this is common I think. Still I'm suspicious too.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #327
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I don't have a great feeling about this but a couple of niggling things are pulling at me in regard to my vote for today. It is possible I am reading wolfishness into small displays of dissent, but there we go...
I am fixed on this today, as I won't be near the computer til way after the deadline...

Vote CrimsonFox

oh nifty, what a great excuse! This game rocks!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #328
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ntndeacon posted on the board. That is suspicious to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #329
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
ntndeacon posted on the board. That is suspicious to me.

Actually I really like this reasoning.

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #330
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I was just thinking of something-- we really have no vote history at all.

Yeah, it feels like we're moving forward blindly at this point.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I am going to go for one of the quiet players who was non committal D1

Vote Schmidty
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #332
MrBug708
Head Coach

So Jackal and DV didn't vote? Is it safe to assume they are villagers and bored with their roles?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #333
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

sorry i wasnt around yesterday guys, didnt have a chance to log on before work

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
So Jackal and DV didn't vote? Is it safe to assume they are villagers and bored with their roles?

Not at all.

DV is dead and was cleared as a villager, but it isn't safe to assume someone who is a wolf wouldn't vote. There are a number of factors why a wolf would miss a vote, from real life issues to not wanting there to be a voting history.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #335
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Not at all.

DV is dead and was cleared as a villager, but it isn't safe to assume someone who is a wolf wouldn't vote. There are a number of factors why a wolf would miss a vote, from real life issues to not wanting there to be a voting history.

*gasp* I actually agree totally with something Lathum said! stop that!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #336
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm debating three different people right now, all non-day one voters but all day-two voters when it was clear that CR had caught a wolf. Two of them already have votes but I'm intensely curious about the third, Mr. Bug.

The no-unofficial vote when he was here with 10 minutes to go strikes me as odd because he could've saved Autumn, but that would've bit him later probably but he also avoided burying Autumn.

Schmidty and ntn are the other two I'm looking at. I've played against Schmidty when he's been a completely utr wolf and done well at it so that concerns me. I haven't played a ton with ntn so it's a harder read.

For now, I don't want to push a fourth candidate into things by going Mr. Bug so I'll sit tight and cast a placeholder:

vote Schmidty
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #337
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'm in agreement with the Schmidty angle, and now I have to go start helping my gf move in

vote schmidty
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #338
The Jackal
Coordinator

this turned out to be a surprisingly busy week for me sorry guys
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #339
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
*gasp* I actually agree totally with something Lathum said! stop that!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #340
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think I'm in agreement with the Schmidty angle, and now I have to go start helping my gf move in

]

In?

Like in with you?

You stupid, stupid man.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #341
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll admit, the more I have thought about it, the more I like the concept of Lathum the wolf pushing the duke idea, and DT the duke pulling it off on Autumn, the third wolf, to gain trust. Lathum, DT and Autumn are all very clever and could pull that off.

That said, we're too far along today and Lathum hasn't really struck me as wolfish (surprisingly); it might be I am just fascinated that someone might try a move that ballsy at the start of the game (the DT move on Autumn alone was pretty daring, much less if they played a double cover with Lathum).

So I'll stick with the candidates at hand.

Of the Day One non-voters, we have The Jackal, ntndeacon, Schmidty, Bug and Crimson Fox.

I am giving The Jackal a pass for now. He could be a wolf, sure, but I don't believe he would lie about being sick. If I run out of better canddiates, I can come back to him.

Schmidty is a dangerous wolf, but at this point, another vote on him would turn this into a runaway, which does us no good with our lack of voting history. So I am not going there.

ntndeacon gave a legit reason for voting for CF, and I am used to ntndeacon not being around at times, so I don't jump to the conclusion he must be a wolf if he doesn't vote (in fact, if he nmade every vote, I probably would be more suspicious ).

So it comes down the Bug and CF for me today. Bug's non-vote on Day One, with a tie, was just weird. If it were a real vote, instead of the unofficial vote and if Autumn hadn't been a wolf, I suspect we would be clammering for Bug's head. Generally, I haven't felt him to be wolfish otherwise, but that was a really odd decision at, to this point, the key moment of this game.

CF basically did a throwaway, payback vote today on ntn (as opposed to ntn giving a reason at least), and it should be noted CF was the other target of the unofficial vote on Day One. It's entirely possible we had two wolves on the block, and the reason we didn't see a tiebreaker or an effort to save Autumn was because either way DT went, he would take a wolf. The numbers suggest this is not likely to have happened, but it's something to consider.

Since CF has a vote already, I will put mine there over one on Bug.

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

Old 08-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #342
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The no-unofficial vote when he was here with 10 minutes to go strikes me as odd because he could've saved Autumn, but that would've bit him later probably but he also avoided burying Autumn.

Eh, just didn't feel like tossing out a random vote since we were targeting DT anyways. My brutal move was to kill DT in case he went "off the reservation" and decided to kill me, but it never came to that. Not making a last minute move to save a wolf by voting "unofficially" is odd, but as far as a villager goes, seems to lend that I'm more innocent then guilty.

One thing is for sure, the wolves are in deep cover, but at this point of the game, the odds are in favor of the villagers
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #343
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

One thing that is making my skin crawl about NTN is that he was the seer last night, a claim that hasn't been refuted, but claims he scanned J23, which is convenient since he is dead. It also keeps us from voting off NTN since we would lose the seer role.

I would strongly suggest whoever is the seer next scans NTN.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

CF basically did a throwaway, payback vote today on ntn (as opposed to ntn giving a reason at least), and it should be noted CF was the other target of the unofficial vote on Day One. It's entirely possible we had two wolves on the block, and the reason we didn't see a tiebreaker or an effort to save Autumn was because either way DT went, he would take a wolf. The numbers suggest this is not likely to have happened, but it's something to consider.

Since CF has a vote already, I will put mine there over one on Bug.

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

since you put it that way...

UNVOTE ntndeacon
VOTE SCHMIDTY

And for the record, if I had voted for DT, THEN my vote would have been a throwaway vote. At least I voted unlike the "under the radar" tribe who people let go scot free every single game. I stated my opinions quite forcably, but even so I didn't disrupt anything as nothing I did would have mattered.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #345
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
since you put it that way...

UNVOTE ntndeacon
VOTE SCHMIDTY

And for the record, if I had voted for DT, THEN my vote would have been a throwaway vote. At least I voted unlike the "under the radar" tribe who people let go scot free every single game. I stated my opinions quite forcably, but even so I didn't disrupt anything as nothing I did would have mattered.

My reference to a throwaway vote was your vote today on ntn. DT, of course, was already dead.

If you're talking about a past vote, that's not really a part of why I voted for you.

I do like that you state your opinion for voting and that you do vote. But voting for someone because he posted? That's really reaching for a reason.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #346
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing that is making my skin crawl about NTN is that he was the seer last night, a claim that hasn't been refuted, but claims he scanned J23, which is convenient since he is dead. It also keeps us from voting off NTN since we would lose the seer role.

I would strongly suggest whoever is the seer next scans NTN.

I would like to see NTN scanned. Of the "other three" I chose not to focus on from the Day 1 voters, he's the most suspicious, IMO. That said, he was the seer yesterday, not today (assuming he's not lying). So we're cool to lynch him if need be. Someone else is the seer today (or if it's ntn again, rather unlucky roll of random.org to go back to him).

Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #347
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, a couple more points of interest:

1. It wouldn't shock me if we had four wolves. The seer is always the role that is most difficult for the wolves to battle, and it's much more difficult to catch the seer in this game with switching roels. I could see Danny adding a wolf to a normal total of three to compensate for this.

2. If a wolf gets the seer role, it's conceivable he could put himself out there in some way and try to get himself lynched. Another sacrifice that might be worth it. I doubt they would play it that way now, down two wolves (and of course, then, there would have to be four wolves at least), but food for thought.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #348
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
My reference to a throwaway vote was your vote today on ntn. DT, of course, was already dead.

If you're talking about a past vote, that's not really a part of why I voted for you.

I do like that you state your opinion for voting and that you do vote. But voting for someone because he posted? That's really reaching for a reason.

Then you missed my joke. It's not that I am voting for somebody because they posted. It's because I'm voting for him because it is ntndeacon and he not only is one of the first one to vote today but that he's giving a reason. This is not the under the radar ntn I know and love. Hence a vote. Get it?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #349
Schmidty
Coordinator

Welp, I guess you guys are forcing me to do this since I have no other way to convince you with a crap voting history.

I'm the Seer.

Wish I could have just stayed UTR, but Lathum et al forced my hand.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #350
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Welp, I guess you guys are forcing me to do this since I have no other way to convince you with a crap voting history.

I'm the Seer.

Wish I could have just stayed UTR, but Lathum et al forced my hand.

Brilliant.

Well, I hope the BG is paying attention (assuming we switch around and keep Schmidty from the lynch).