Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
Ronmun29
n00b

Interested in the game, but Qs

I am interested in this game, but have questions.
We would probably be porting a league which has been played for nearly 20 "real time years" and over 30 NFL seasons... a lot of history and work, rivalries, 'player stories' etc.
I do not think I can get other owners to agree t just restart, but we would be willing to transfer if we could bring players and "our football universe" over (from Football Pro 98) We can probably all agree on the player ratings, etc...it is a workload, but most of us would likely be willing.
1. Can this be done? I have seen the very excellent work by some players here, bringing in draft classes, so fairly sure it can...but wish to make sure.

2. How much editing is possible? We have several players that became stars, that were "also rans" in the real NFL for various reasons...and a couple of NFL stars that , mostly due to injuries in our league, were very subpar...again, a lot of history and time invested, draft picks traded, long hours that we would prefer to not just suddenly say never happened.

3. Is it better to perhaps wait for the hyped OOTP version? I actually like what I see of 8 in various places, and we would likely also pick up several of the TCY games, or perhaps just one for the commish...but the OOTP version would seem to be in the air for a couple of years, and if we will do this we would probably start working to make the switch, transfer our rosters, etc I time for our new season to begin in late June.

Thanks for any help and advice! Really impressed all around!

Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Without getting into a lot of detail... basically this game isn't a good fit for the things you think you want. Importing - nope. Editing - nope. Will this all get "solved" on the someday next version - really unlikely.

Now that that's out of the way, this is still a great game to try out. It's less button mashing and more franchise management, obviously. It's not really meant to "simulate" the current league - it's more of a sandbox to create your own based on the framework of today's game, rules, salary cap, etc.

There's a lot to like here, both in the game and on this forum. But I don't want to be unfair... if honestly all you're open to is "porting" your current league into a new software... this ain't it. But I hope you're wrong in thinking that's all that matters, you'd be leaving a lot behind by walking away.

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-16-2020 at 10:46 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:07 PM   #3
Ronmun29
n00b

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, FBPro was a more "active" game while now we have mostly more interest in the tactics and strategy that seem to dominate this game...
Our league actually has been much like you describe this to be though, with salary caps in place since our 2001 season (we are currently in the championship week of the 2009 season).
Yes I still intend to look at this game. You all have a real gem here.
Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote