Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #2551
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

We watched the whole season last night. The family enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #2552
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I would watch a series based on the movie "Dave"

+++++
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:58 PM   #2553
tarcone
Coordinator

I enjoyed space Force. If you thought it would be like the office, you will be disappointed. But it was a solid, fun show. I did struggle with the daughters character, but she got better as the season went on. I enjoyed it.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:52 AM   #2554
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I enjoyed space Force. If you thought it would be like the office, you will be disappointed. But it was a solid, fun show. I did struggle with the daughters character, but she got better as the season went on. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, we just finished ep 5 and it definitely isn't as bad as a review I read.

It does seem a little disjointed (e.g. daughter character so far doesn't fit IMO) and the distraction of wife in prison (e.g. no explanation yet). But hoping it gets better as the story-line develops. It's not The Office but think/hope it can stand on its own merits.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 PM   #2555
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished Space Force. Not the best but enough where I want to watch s2. It's definitely got potential IMO.

I thought the wife was Terri Garr and when I looked her up I said "wait a minute, she's too old". Anyone else think Lisa Kudrow looks like Terri Garr way back when?
Old 05-31-2020, 09:39 PM   #2556
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just watched the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia. Holy shit
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #2557
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

here's a feel good story amid the chaos

7-year-old throws personal prom for babysitter after hers was canceled

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 06-01-2020 at 09:09 AM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #2558
Atocep
Coordinator

Gonna take this opportunity to recommend The Plot Against America again.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:46 PM   #2559
RendeR
Coordinator

Anyone else watched "Upload" in Prime?

I was looking for something a little easier on the brain and this turn out to be just the ticket. Something light, fairly simple and not entirely depressing.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #2560
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I was looking for something a little easier on the brain and this turn out to be just the ticket. Something light, fairly simple and not entirely depressing.

Yes, fun concept and show.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #2561
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Seems like they dumped a million anime shows on Netflix at once, and I'm not an anime person by any means, but I am bored and just kept scrolling through page after page, until I was drawn to 'Backstreet Girls':

'To pay for an epic blunder, three yakuza brothers are forced to alter their genders, form a girl group and break into the underground J-Pop idol scene.'

It is so batshit stupid, in the best of ways. Highly recommended.

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:36 PM   #2562
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I enjoyed it. Great concept.

Im afraid if I dont see a commercial for the 2nd seson it will be gone from my mind though.

I liked it, but it was just a show.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #2563
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Been watching Netflix Van Helsing, currently at s1 ep8. Not zombies taking over the world but the next best thing with vampires. It isn't great acting but the story line is fun for me.

Finished s2. It's definitely subpar writing with TWD early seasons but think it is on par with recent seasons. There's some pretty good special effects and makeup also. s2 was dominated by "Sam", he's a great actor but unfortunately the protagonist woman is pretty lame.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #2564
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

started The Morning Show last night, so far really good and it is great to see Mark Duplass in something else. He was great in The League
Old 06-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #2565
tarcone
Coordinator

There is a movie for rent on Amazon Prime called Float Trip. It is $1.99.

Now I bring this up because it was filmed in my Wife's hometown, Steelville, MO.

It is 48 minutes long and very low budget. It is a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Deliverance. But is funny in its low budgetness.

They start at Birds Nest Lodge which is about a mile from my in laws house. And my daughters just happened to float the exact stretch of river the movie was filmed on, Saturday.

Good stuff. And funny.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:11 AM   #2566
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Started The Leftovers last night, watched the first episode. I hope it gets better quick or my wife may lose interest
Old 06-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #2567
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Started The Leftovers last night, watched the first episode. I hope it gets better quick or my wife may lose interest

It is one of my top 5 shows of all time. The first season is really depressing (as you may imagine). It really gets excellent around Ep 3 or 4 (the one that follows the Pastor around). Season 2 goes in a slightly different direction (that a lot of people liked more - a bit more humor involved). Season 1 covered the entire book fwiw, and the book did not have a lot of humor in it.

For what it's worth, I consider the 8th episode of Season 2 (International Assassin) the second greatest episode in TV history (after Ozymandius from Breaking Bad).
Old 06-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #2568
Jas_lov
College Starter

The Leftovers is a great show but very bleak and depressing. Definitely worth sticking with though. Carrie Coon is amazing. I also like the actress who plays Patti, who also plays Aunt Lydia in the Handmaid's Tale, another bleak show.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #2569
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Come to think of it - a rewatch of The Leftovers during a pandemic would be a very interesting experience. Sure it's not the same as the Sudden Disappearance, but there are some common beats.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #2570
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Add me to the list as a huge Leftovers fan though my tastes tend to be "out there" meaning if I were ranking HBO shows I prefer Leftovers, Carnivale, & The Deuce to shows like The Sopranos and Game of Thrones. Not that I didn't enjoy the others as well but kind of like ones that don't follow a standard script/set-up.

I would think though once you are a few episodes in you will probably know whether you are going to like it or not.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #2571
Butter
Coordinator

The Leftovers might be the most acquired taste show I've ever watched. I don't know that I would recommend it to most. But if you're still in after the first 5 episodes, then it is one of the best shows of all time
Old 06-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #2572
Edward64
Head Coach

Re-watching The Witcher. Currently at episode 4 w/"Law of Surprise". Not as good as episode 3 w/"Striga" but still very entertaining.

They have starting filming s2 with a release date sometime in 2021. Can't wait.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #2573
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Watched Robin Williams: Come inside my mind
a documentary about him

so much I didn't know about him.
He hung out with David Letterman and Jay Leno
He was married three times, his second marriage was to his nanny that his first wife hired. FIrst wife divorced him because he would never stay home. Was always off doing other projects and screwing other women.
He was with John Belushi the night he died.
He was a bigtime drug addict.
His entire career was because of star wars.
Garry Marshall's son had just seen star wars and when the director of happy days marshall asked him what he wanted to see, he said a spaceman.
Thus Williams became Mork from Ork.
One of Williams' earliest inspirations was Jonathan Winters. Who later became his son on Mork and Mindy.
Both really had the same style. They played improv theatre games, specifically freezetag and props...but with no need for any audience suggestions...their brains created the suggestions from minute to minute.

Also watched Nico the Unicorn. A very YOUNG Elisha Cuthbert and tvmovie and second fiddles Michael Ontkean and Anne Archer
Old 06-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #2574
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished watching the 4 seasons of Rectify. I enjoyed it but there were many parts that dragged on too much. I'd say give it a shot if you like slower paced mysteries with a lot of character development.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #2575
Groundhog
Coordinator

Finished season 1 of Hunters last night. Really enjoyed it in a sort of Tarantino-lite kind of way. A bit over the top and I can see why some folks online didn't like the finale (I on the other hand thought it was great).
Old 06-11-2020, 12:16 AM   #2576
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Any classical music affionados here?

I watched a documentary called "The Curse of The Gothic"

about a brisbane, Ayustralia sympphony orchestra and its many attempts to put on one of the most challenging pieces ever.

"The Gothic" requires like 150 musicians and 400 choral singers and is apparently quite complicated.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #2577
PilotMan
Head Coach

Waco....{thumbs up | thumbs up}

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #2578
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Trying to burn thru the rest of the last few seasons of Orange is the new Black. Finding myself fast forwarding thru a lot of characters now. I think they definitely overestimated how much we cared about certain characters. Season 4-5 taking place over what seems like a couple days is definitely a drag for a show that did well with new blood.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:32 AM   #2579
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
The Leftovers might be the most acquired taste show I've ever watched. I don't know that I would recommend it to most. But if you're still in after the first 5 episodes, then it is one of the best shows of all time

Easily one of my favorite shows ever. Just brilliant.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:34 AM   #2580
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Trying to burn thru the rest of the last few seasons of Orange is the new Black. Finding myself fast forwarding thru a lot of characters now. I think they definitely overestimated how much we cared about certain characters. Season 4-5 taking place over what seems like a couple days is definitely a drag for a show that did well with new blood.

Season 5 is terrible. It gets better after that and I really enjoyed the last season.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #2581
Groundhog
Coordinator

We burnt through 2 seasons of Bosch on Prime in a week and a half, and started on season 3 last night. I'd only heard of it because it kept Titus Welliver out of the Deadwood movie and we threw it only semi-randomly based on RT scores. Completely loving it, Titus is great in the lead role but the whole cast is excellent.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:58 PM   #2582
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
We burnt through 2 seasons of Bosch on Prime in a week and a half, and started on season 3 last night. I'd only heard of it because it kept Titus Welliver out of the Deadwood movie and we threw it only semi-randomly based on RT scores. Completely loving it, Titus is great in the lead role but the whole cast is excellent.

Yeah Bosch is a great show, the partner (Marlo from the Wire) is really good in it as well. I like Jack Ryan a lot also on prime. Forget if that is in season 2 or 3 but I think it's safe to say if you like Bosch you will like Jack Ryan.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #2583
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Yeah Bosch is a great show, the partner (Marlo from the Wire) is really good in it as well. I like Jack Ryan a lot also on prime. Forget if that is in season 2 or 3 but I think it's safe to say if you like Bosch you will like Jack Ryan.

Thanks i'll give it a shot - Prime advertised it before the episode of Bosch we watched last night, so seems like they agree with you.

Haven't seen the Wire (one of those shows thats been on my list forever but isn't on any streaming services here in Australia), I'm actually shocked the actor that plays his partner is in his early 40s in season 3, I thought he was like 30/early 30s max.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #2584
Edward64
Head Coach

Watching Dusk Till Dawn and holy crap Eiza González is sexy.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #2585
PilotMan
Head Coach

Anyone got any reviews of The 5 Bloods, yet?

Like Steam?

Old 06-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #2586
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Anyone got any reviews of The 5 Bloods, yet?

I watched like 20 minutes and was not impressed. It feels slapdash. They did not appear to adjust the age any of the actors for their flashbacks to the war era for example, they just like put them in different hats.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:03 PM   #2587
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Watchmen continues to be amazing. Granted, things could unravel during the season finale next week, but, so far, this has been one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. Beautifully shot, acted, and wonderfully written.

What a show! Absolutely amazing television.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #2588
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Leftovers is still weird
Old 06-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #2589
tarcone
Coordinator

My wife and I are watching Queen of the South. Basic rags to riches story about a young lady rising up the ranks of a drug cartel and becoming the largest drug cartle in the Western Hemisphere.

Pretty good show. Characters are good to really good. Some of the side stories I didnt really like. But overall we are enjoying it.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:47 PM   #2590
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Thanks i'll give it a shot - Prime advertised it before the episode of Bosch we watched last night, so seems like they agree with you.

Haven't seen the Wire (one of those shows thats been on my list forever but isn't on any streaming services here in Australia), I'm actually shocked the actor that plays his partner is in his early 40s in season 3, I thought he was like 30/early 30s max.

Yeah he played a really young drug kingpin in the Wire. Think his character was supposed to be in his early 20's but I guess he would have been in his 30's already on that! A complete 180 from J Edgar.

Irving is also a huge character on the Wire. Plays a pretty similar role actually on both shows.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #2591
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I watched like 20 minutes and was not impressed. It feels slapdash. They did not appear to adjust the age any of the actors for their flashbacks to the war era for example, they just like put them in different hats.

I’m like 45 minutes in and legit this could be one of the worst movies I can remember watching. I’m sure it’ll come around I hope. I also hated Miracle at St. Anna I think.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:53 PM   #2592
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I’m like 45 minutes in and legit this could be one of the worst movies I can remember watching. I’m sure it’ll come around I hope. I also hated Miracle at St. Anna I think.

I didn't even know it was Spike Lee until about an hour ago. That makes so much sense. I also hated Miracle at St. Anna....I think mostly because that was a really bad movie.

The dialog is definitely Spike Lee clunky and heavy handed. In that 20 minutes I watched I think there were 3 different instances of characters blurting out the name of some obscure soldier and then flatly rattling off their Wikipedia introduction in the middle of unrelated conversations.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #2593
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The choice of using 70ish year old actors as 20 year old soldiers in different hats is just absolutely fucking laughable.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #2594
PilotMan
Head Coach

I watched it today.

A lot of the stuff that you're complaining about was done on purpose. They weren't trying to pass them off as the younger actors. That was totally done as an artistic choice.

My issue with it was that it drug hard in the middle. Spike got quite heavy handed with the plot options here, and really felt like he was cramming 50 pounds of shit into a 20lb bag. I understand the point that they are making. He wanted to emphasize the impact and importance of the black experience in Vietnam. It's just that he felt like he needed to cram every trope from that into the movie.

My kids liked it. It was alright. It was no Blackkklansman or anything.

Like Steam?

Old 06-21-2020, 11:48 PM   #2595
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There was like 20-30 minutes of plot drug out to 140-150 minutes. I loved BlacKkKlansman. This was ass.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:32 AM   #2596
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Leftovers is still weird

Delightfully and wonderfully so. The episode that takes place in the afterlife hotel remains one of my favorite episodes of television of all time.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #2597
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Leftovers is still weird

It's weird the whole way through. You just gotta decide if you're in or out.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:29 AM   #2598
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
It's weird the whole way through. You just gotta decide if you're in or out.

We are in at this point...
Old 06-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #2599
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
We are in at this point...

Good. It’s worth sticking with.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:08 PM   #2600
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Good. It’s worth sticking with.

still weird