Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-25-2020, 09:07 AM   #1
KODIAKBEAR11
n00b

Play Book Question

Questions 1. When designing you playbook if the Threshold is at 50% does that mean that 50 percent of the plays will be specifically west coast plays? Also the more you use offenseive plays do your players get better at executing them, ie if I use the same playbook for multiple years will my players execute it better etc?

KODIAKBEAR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:46 PM   #2
triplykely
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODIAKBEAR11 View Post
Questions 1. When designing you playbook if the Threshold is at 50% does that mean that 50 percent of the plays will be specifically west coast plays? Also the more you use offenseive plays do your players get better at executing them, ie if I use the same playbook for multiple years will my players execute it better etc?

The threshold gives a bonus to plays that fit your Offensive Coordinator but does not act as a percentage of overall plays. Keep in mind the different offensive philosophies utilize different personnel, so some formations, routes, etc. will never really fit perfectly. This is a pretty good guide that can help you use the guided play creator to make your own playbook.

If you want to make an all West Coast playbook, the only way is to craft each play individually.

Your players get a slight performance boost when running plays that fit the offensive coordinator, so it makes sense to tailor your playbook to your OC. I believe you also get a small bonus if your HC, OC, and Assistant are all the same offensive philosophy but I'm less sure of that as I've never bothered.

By putting together a coaching staff, and building a playbook to match, you can then work to add players who fit your system. Its not that they get better by playing in your system longer, but your team will perform better year over year (YMMV) as you optimize players for your playbook and scheme.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
KODIAKBEAR11
n00b

So if I set it at 70 the offensive plays that fit my Coordinator will GET A VERY HIGH BOOST?

Last edited by KODIAKBEAR11 : 04-29-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
triplykely
Mascot

Quote:
So if I set it at 70 the offensive plays that fit my Coordinator will be very high etc?

Yes and no. Like I mentioned before, some plays better fit specific schemes. For example, inside runs will be best fit for Smashmouth (aside from spread formations) regardless where you put the setting. In addition, if you Rex the entire playbook generation, the formations used will be based on your personnel with the plays best fitting your coach (with the understanding certain plays and routes will never be great fits for some schemes). If you're looking to play more as a GM I wouldn't get too concerned with the playbooks, the AI does an adequate job with them and gameplans. If you want to tweak things trying to optimize stats I'd recommend adding plays manually one at a time. With the level of detail in FOF you can drastically improve stats by having a good playbook. The link I shared before is great for using the generate to make a playbook but this one has some playbooks you can use or tweak.

Last edited by triplykely : 04-28-2020 at 10:44 PM.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:27 AM   #5
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
So if I set it at 70 the offensive plays that fit my Coordinator will be very high etc?

it's the opposite -- you should set it at 1 if you want maximum fit to OC style
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:31 AM   #6
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplykely View Post
Yes and no. Like I mentioned before, some plays better fit specific schemes. For example, inside runs will be best fit for Smashmouth (aside from spread formations) regardless where you put the setting.

just to clarify that the play fits are absolute -- they depend on personnel (113, 212, etc), qb depth (normal, shotgun, pistol), backfield alignment (I, pro, etc), pass vs play action vs run, and then primary route and receiver for passing plays, or ball carrier and run direction for run plays.

what the setting does is select different plays to maximize the fit

Last edited by tzach : 05-01-2020 at 12:52 AM.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:43 PM   #7
KODIAKBEAR11
n00b

Can anyone tell me what the color coded boxes on the far left in the playbook and game plan mean?

i FIGURED THIS ONE OUT NEVER MIND..

Last edited by KODIAKBEAR11 : 05-02-2020 at 06:54 AM.