Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
Grover
Pro Starter

Grover's next FM Dynasty?

I am ready to jump into FM15 with a dynasty for the boards, but the big question becomes...

Who will I play as!?

Some restrictions:
* No top flight clubs in any country.
* Prefer third division or lower (League One or lower for you English followers)
* Prefer to avoid England, the stories on the board are great to read, but we seem to gravitate toward England a lot.

Options:
* French third division: Le Championnat
* Italy: Serie C
* Germany: Bundesliga 3
* A true journeyman manager. Start unemployed at the bottom with all European countries available - try and work my way to the top of the game.

I want your thoughts, after all, you folks are the readers. What would you like to see done?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Why not top flight in some random-ass Euro country? Like Moldova or Romania or something? Alternatively? I like the Germany idea, there's a decent history of teams rising the ranks there, so it'd be plausible and interesting.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
Grover
Pro Starter

Random Euro country is a good idea as well.

As far as Germany goes, I was quite successful there with FM14, albeit with a club that was on the up and up.

FM2014: Leipzig Gives You Wings - Front Office Football Central

Old 08-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
britrock88
Pro Starter

France or Italy would be fun. (Spain?)

But yeah, the Sunday-league reputation and bottom-rung team is a consistent formula for fun.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
France or Italy would be fun. (Spain?)

But yeah, the Sunday-league reputation and bottom-rung team is a consistent formula for fun.

The thing I dislike about Spain's lower leagues is that top tier clubs have secondary teams in those divisions. Castilla for example.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
Critch
lolzcat

Since German Unification the teams that used to dominate the old East German League have slipped down the leagues so now there's not a single East German team in the Bundesliga. Only two in Bundesliga 2, Union Berlin (who were never a force in East Germany) and RB Leipzig (who are just a footballing ad campaign).

So try and take one of the powers from East Germany back to glory. There are plenty of Eastern teams to chose from in the third level (Hansa Rostock, Aue, Chemnitzer, Cottbus, Magdeburg, Dresden, Hallescher) but the ones that probably fit the former East German powers best are Magdeburg and Dynamo Dresden. Dresden were the sporting wing of the East German state police, cant get much more Cold War than that.

Dynamo Berlin would have been the ultimate East German power to take, but they've unfortunately dropped too far down the leagues to be playable.

If that doesnt fit the bill, next suggestion is Lupa Roma in Italian third level. Get Lupa Roma ahead of Roma and Lazio and turn them into Rome's big team.

Last edited by Critch : 08-26-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #7
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Since German Unification the teams that used to dominate the old East German League have slipped down the leagues so now there's not a single East German team in the Bundesliga. Only two in Bundesliga 2, Union Berlin (who were never a force in East Germany) and RB Leipzig (who are just a footballing ad campaign).

So try and take one of the powers from East Germany back to glory. There are plenty of Eastern teams to chose from in the third level (Hansa Rostock, Aue, Chemnitzer, Cottbus, Magdeburg, Dresden, Hallescher) but the ones that probably fit the former East German powers best are Magdeburg and Dynamo Dresden. Dresden were the sporting wing of the East German state police, cant get much more Cold War than that.

Dynamo Berlin would have been the ultimate East German power to take, but they've unfortunately dropped too far down the leagues to be playable.

If that doesnt fit the bill, next suggestion is Lupa Roma in Italian third level. Get Lupa Roma ahead of Roma and Lazio and turn them into Rome's big team.

Critch, love these ideas. Lupa Roma might be the choice.